Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc - Wonderslim 11

View Full Version : Wonderslim 11

zoesmom
08-28-2013, 11:20 AM
WOW! Hard to believe we are already on an 11th thread!

This thread is here to discuss all things Wonderslim, whether or not you are following their protocol. Afterall, WS makes wonderful products that can be utilized per the WS diet...or as alternatives to many other diets out there.

We want to hear about your challenges, your accomplishments, your downfalls, your successes, and your thoughts. We want to be your support system, and you be ours.

And let's have fun while we do it!

You can review old posts here:
Wonderslim 10 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/281627-wonderslim-10-a.html)
Wonderslim 9 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/272861-wonderslim-9-a.html)

I had created a list of my reviews which can be found HERE (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4663733-post256.html) and you can also find some reviews others have posted HERE (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/266666-alternative-reviews-vol-1-a.html), although they will be jumbled with many other products as well.

Furthermore, food gets boring, so I suggest you jump to these locations for some recipe ideas. I have found that substituting comparable WS products in place of Ideal Protein has worked in MOST cases, but be aware, you are doing these at your own risk! The first one is my tested and proven ones...of course, the list is small, given I don't have it all on "ink and paper" yet.
"My" Recipes (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1STrZ0KgLTQr7s5VdxwCIfSi2ZNuZnWUi4J6eh-oF63o/edit#heading=h.5vjmkocowc38)
MiX'N iN THE KiTCH'N (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)

Alright...let's rock and roll this weightloss thing!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Nimblegranny
08-28-2013, 12:23 PM
Hi everyone, I've been away from posting for awhile, been packing and doing paperwork and being very anxious about moving. Friday is closing day and I have a lot of anxiety about the move itself. I'm minimizing and downsizing and have thrown overboard every single thing that I was "storing" before as I'll have no storage. I'm going to do that "bring something in, something goes out" thing to fit into my little condo. There is some grief that goes with this, and just general anxiety about closing and the changes, but I generally thrive on change so this time next week I should be okay.

I have not gained but have not lost either. Holding steady for about the last month, have been eating regular food, even pizza and stuff when it's what is easy for me and my team who is helping me. I don't keep food at my house except for WS so when I have to feed people it's pizza or Chinese. I have also picked up ice cream a few times and been eating out of the candy dish at work. So, of course I'm not losing! But still holding my 25, with birthday cake and lunches and all. :D

My boss and I got back on the WS train Monday and vowed to stay strict until we vacation together on Sept. 26th for a week. It does help having a buddy, and when I stay on plan, I lose. It's funny to find out what things call to me when I'm giving myself permission to eat outside plan: for me it's pizza and ice cream, not doughnuts and hamburgers and chips like it might be for someone else. After several months strictly on plan this information is useful to me. Oh and don't forget candy. Apparently I have a little candy dish problem when I want to. Stop it Granny!

Glad to have the new folks and and old folks who have experienced these things as well. Here's what I know about this plan and others: It works if you work it! Wish me luck this weekend and I'll try to remember WATER IS MY FRIEND. :carrot:

hrtrn
08-29-2013, 04:28 AM
I have a question about the portion sizes of the meat. Are the weights based on raw or cooked?

zoesmom
08-29-2013, 10:17 AM
Weights should be based on raw.

Lyn2007
08-29-2013, 10:19 AM
I've been following along the WS threads because I am stockpiling some WS foods to use in maintenance (I am doing Medifast now)...

Just wanted to share, I got an email this morning that dietdirect is having a Labor Day Sale, $10 off plus 5% off any $110 order and $15 off plus 10% off any $165 order... the codes are on the front page of the dietdirect site! There is also a banner at the bottom of my blog for $20 off your first order. So combined this is a heck of a deal! Plus if you click Sales & Discounts on the DD page there are several things still on sale, too.

I will go back to lurking now but am always very interested in anyone's reviews of the WS and similar products. I am getting a maintenance plan in place early so I do not mess up and flounder when I go off Medifast this time :)

Nimblegranny
08-29-2013, 03:35 PM
I just ordered shakes and entrees from WS using that coupon. After four months I still use the mocha and dark chocolate shakes/puddings, the chili or the pastas, and the bars every day that I 'm working the plan. But I love the convenience of the packets and knowing I'm going to have something every few hours, it works for me. When I cheat, I don't lose. When I stay on plan, I lose. It's pretty simple. The hard part for me is the L&G cos I'm sick of salad and I don't like to cook. You have to find out what works for you, and then stick with it!:carrot:

hrtrn
09-02-2013, 12:10 AM
I received my stuff on Thursday and started that night, I work night shift so that was the start of my "day". Very difficult to try to get everything in while working a shift. Patients and emergencies don't really happen to allow for every 2-3 hour meals! But I muddled through and now Sunday night I stepped on the scale and was down 5 pounds! I am really happy the scale is going the opposite direction! I know it is water weight but I talked with a friend of mine who is a doctor. He told me that fat cells hold on to water and release the water before the fat, that is why we lose that water weight before losing fat. So I look at losing the water weight as priming the pump for my fat loss! And I was holding the water anyway and it was affecting the scale, so it had to go!
I always thought that when you lose water weight, you put it on when you drink water, so not the case! Unlike filling up the space left from the water weight loss, drinking it flushes out the toxins and actually keeps the water from being absorbed back into the fat cells. Now, I still have to force myself to drink the water since it is not my habit, but the drink flavors help.
Hope all are doing well this weekend! I am getting ready to drive to my next assignment in Vermont on Friday!

zoesmom
09-03-2013, 12:00 PM
:carrot: HUZZAH hrtrn!

Must suck to have to find time to squeeze food in. I applaud you on both your efforts AND on the service you provide to people like me. It was the kindly nurses who saved my life a year (in conjunction with my kiddo and the doctors of course) ago and until that day, never realized just HOW much you all do. You guys ROCK!!!!!!!!!!

zoesmom
09-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Nimble - purees are your friend ;)

Spinach or cauliflower pureed to a smooth consistency blend WELL in our shakes. Can't taste them, and it helps get those veggies in! :) As for the meat part...uhm...can't help ya there...that involves cooking, I think! :lol:

Glad everything is going so well with your house :)

Cgrace
09-03-2013, 01:14 PM
Question- When do you decide to stop with the shakes and move on to normal food? Is it once you completely have hit your goal?

zoesmom
09-03-2013, 05:23 PM
Once you are ready....be it ready to move on, ready to stop with the shakes, or ready to see if you can do it on your own. Thing is, stop SLOWLY so you don't gain it all back :)

FattyFatFat
09-04-2013, 07:14 PM
Question- When do you decide to stop with the shakes and move on to normal food? Is it once you completely have hit your goal?
As soon as you feel comfortable in self-management you should slowly start carrying over. You can make a quick jump, but I think slowly is better because it gives your body time to adjust for one thing, but second thing is it gives YOU time to pace yourself without falling off track. It's better to realize you aren't ready and still have been doing partially right than it is to just try to do it yourself all in one big step and go backwards. Some people can just stop taking the food and carry on, others can't, it just kinda depends on you and your situation. Either way, you'll know mentally once it's time to start making that switch. ;-)

Cgrace
09-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Thank you! I guess I'll have to play around with it and see how it goes!

Tifftastic05
09-05-2013, 07:02 PM
Hey ladies! I'm glad to see that everyone else is doing well. I'm still at 182. 2 people quit at work lately, and we've been busy, so I've had to start picking up some extra hours. And school is still a struggle this semester. Oh the excuses go on. I'm just glad to be maintaining and not re-gaining. It really is harder to restart than it is to just keep going, but I'm going to keep trying. My problem is when I work open to close and can't take a break every few hours to eat, so then I'm starving by the time I get home, and don't make good choices. Anyone have any suggestions? I work in a bank and can't really eat at the window, and I only get one break each day when we have a slow spot. Maybe I should get some bars and eat one as soon as I hit the car so that I'm not quite as starving?

zoesmom
09-05-2013, 07:22 PM
Hey ladies! I'm glad to see that everyone else is doing well. I'm still at 182. 2 people quit at work lately, and we've been busy, so I've had to start picking up some extra hours. And school is still a struggle this semester. Oh the excuses go on. I'm just glad to be maintaining and not re-gaining. It really is harder to restart than it is to just keep going, but I'm going to keep trying. My problem is when I work open to close and can't take a break every few hours to eat, so then I'm starving by the time I get home, and don't make good choices. Anyone have any suggestions? I work in a bank and can't really eat at the window, and I only get one break each day when we have a slow spot. Maybe I should get some bars and eat one as soon as I hit the car so that I'm not quite as starving?

You may not be able to eat, but you CAN have drinks ;) The shakes are your friend when you are unable to step aside for a meal. You can find fruit drink mixes (which are surprisingly good and filling) instead of the shakes, so it appears you are having only flavored water. Make your lunch the morning of or the night before. It chills well, especially the spicy mac and cheese...just add an extra ounce of water when making it. 30 seconds to reheat and instant and quick lunch! Add a bar and voila!

Remember to try and keep bars to one a day...they are just too high in carbs! I have found beef jerky (Jack's Link 2oz only) has the right amount of carbs, protein, fat, and calories and is a quick fix for hunger pains. A V8 is surprisingly filling....just make sure to count it as part of your veggies. The cream of chicken soup or the tomato soup, while not great, a wonderful for the "I need something quick" moments. They aren't amazing in the taste department, but they are not gag inducing either.

Where there is a will, there is a way. :) I know your pain. I fell off the wagon when I was on my predisone towards the end of July and beginning of August...what a pain to get back on track!

zoesmom
09-09-2013, 09:37 AM
Been awfully quiet over here...how is everyone doing?

I ate BAD this past weekend....but at least I maintained. I think my plateau s fixing to break though...I had to pee pee pee pee yesterday and today so far. That's a good sign! :D

Anyone got anything exciting going on? Nimble - how's the move going?

Nimblegranny
09-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Hi everybody, I'm still in the thick of the moving; have put away almost everything from phase 1 and phase 2 (the POD) comes this weekend. Most of this is going to goodwill or the dump. I just don't have room for anything else much. I haven't needed it for the past two months and some of it much longer than that. I've been making trips to the trash and the Goodwill regularly since the move, really simplifying and throwing things overboard. I like the streamlined feeling but I suspect deep inside I'm mourning things a bit too, especially those things that have to do with DH, may he rest with the angels.

Food wise I am good, down another pound, working the program for the most part, but had popcorn for dinner last night. I had a salad for lunch today and hardly finished half - I try to like salads, I just can't anymore!! It never occurred to me to vandalize my shakes with a pureed veggie, zoesmom, and I can't promise I will try it, but in theory it does make sense. You have a much more adventurous spirit than I do, that's why I don't mind the same old envelopes over and over and over. Just not getting enough veggies is my problem, but when I get moved and find my steamer I will try harder!!

zoesmom
09-11-2013, 08:05 AM
:woohoo: Nimble! Down a pound!

I can't imagine the emotional stress AND relief you have getting rid of everything. It must be very bitter sweet. :hug:

Theresa
09-12-2013, 12:48 PM
Hello everyone. So glad I found this Wonderslim thread. I have been on Medifast since May and due to the high cost am switching over to Wonderslim products and took advantage of Lyn's 20% offer on her blog and the coupon, so was able to make a good size order for way less then their regular prices. I prefer WS vanilla shakes to the MF shakes. I like the idea that they have less carbs also.

I have 9 more pounds to reach goal.

zoesmom
09-12-2013, 04:44 PM
:welcome: Theresa

Must be exciting to be so close to goal :)

Theresa
09-12-2013, 06:36 PM
:welcome: Theresa

Must be exciting to be so close to goal :)

It's so exciting. I'm very happy with the way it's going. Thank you for your very warm welcome.

zoesmom
09-16-2013, 07:25 PM
This past weekend was wonderful for me. I managed to hit the 220's again after my time on predisone (previously, I was only in the 220's for two days.) Now, three days steady and holding :) I'm hoping to see 225 this week, next week at the latest. I can barely weight! HA :lol:

How's everyone doing? This thread was bustling there for a while and then...it stopped. :(

punmama
09-17-2013, 03:09 PM
Hi Everyone,
I have hit a mental wall and have been eating uncontrolably these past few weeks. I need some help in staying OP. I do good and then I want something sweet and I eat sweets and can not stop. Allergies have set in and I feel blah. Got to see my cardialogist this Friday. I was hoping to have a good number weight wise but forget that. I don't know how to shake this.
Anyone have this happen to them and how do you get rid of it?

By the way, I am starting to dislike the shakes and food and want "real" food.

Sorry to be so negative but this is what is going on in my life right now.

punmama
09-17-2013, 03:11 PM
One more thing. I start the day out very good but as the day rolls on I start looking for food and eat whatever I find.

I chew gum, and drink my water so that is no problem.
Help please :-)

zoesmom
09-17-2013, 04:40 PM
punmama - I KNOW what you are talking about! :D

The best way to go to "real" food without weight gain and still maintain a loss is to tally up your calories, fat, protein, and carbs that your day consists of on WS. Then, add foods in with WS but not to exceed that of the the plan.

For example, I know that two grilled chicken tenders (roughly 3 ounces) and 1 cup of veggies is roughly equal to that of a WS shake.

Or, a McDonald's Egg White Delight without Canadian Bacon is equal to a WS Spicy Mac and Cheese.

Or, a one egg plus one egg white omelet with 1 ounce and 1 cup of veggies of cheese is equal to a snack bar.

It takes time to figure it out. Many days, I don't eat WS and just calorie count. and then, I have days I only eat WS. I change it up depending on how lazy I am and how much in the mood I am for the stuff.

It is doable. Promise, promise :)

zoesmom
09-18-2013, 08:29 AM
Just want to share...I officially weigh LESS than I did when I graduated high school! But less than 1/2 a pound, but by george, it is less! :D:D:D:D:D

punmama
09-18-2013, 08:54 AM
Congratulations Zoesmom on your accomplishment. It must feel great to know that you weigh less than when you graduated high school.

Thank you for your help too. I have been going away on weekends and because of that have no set plan as far as what I am going to eat. This weekend is no exception. Hopefully there is a light at the end of this tunnel.

zoesmom
09-18-2013, 10:53 AM
Congratulations Zoesmom on your accomplishment. It must feel great to know that you weigh less than when you graduated high school.

Thank you for your help too. I have been going away on weekends and because of that have no set plan as far as what I am going to eat. This weekend is no exception. Hopefully there is a light at the end of this tunnel.

I plan EVERYTHING out in advance. When eating out, I pour over the online menu searching for the healthiest options and then stick to them like glue. If there is a will, there is a way :)

MMMpls
09-20-2013, 01:21 PM
Hi Ladies,
Been searching around the net for a thread on WS use. I've been on MF but recently found WS and after exhaustive comparison of products, I've found there's not much diff other than some vitamins, and definitely cost!

I'm just placing an order to continue on this journey when my current MF products run out. I'm looking forward to a more varied selection and better tastes on some products.

I've seen on other threads disparate remarks towards 'packaged' plans, but if I was able to 'diet' on my own, I would have already been successful. This plan works, and I say, whatever works for you, go for it.

I am placing an order today, and am continuing to look forward to continued loss and the 'no think' plan this provides.

Orig start was at 210 and as of today am at 178. Continued success to you all and I will be back!
Marilyn / Mpls MN:lol:

Monster Soju
09-20-2013, 06:26 PM
I ran into some friends who lost a significant amount of weight in just one summer. I was a little embarrassed to ask them what they did, but I asked anyway, and they told me they did the MF diet.

After hearing their stories and instantly seeing the results, I decided I wanted to try it too! But thankfully for the world wide web, I ran into reviews about the better taste of WS foods, so I went and ordered the 4-week diet package today. I'm so excited!!!

So, I'm trying to plan my meals ahead of time so I know what to shop for and cook and I have questions.

1. For the women's meal plan, I don't see an option to use the foods listed as "Fats". Are they clumped in with the "Optional" servings?
2. I wish I could have half a bagel with some cream cheese. Would it be terribly wrong to have 1 starch AND 1 optional for breakfast and omit something else? : )
3. An older WS forum said you can have starch with the Lean & Green Meal, but it's not listed on there anymore. Has the meal plan changed over the years?

zoesmom
09-21-2013, 05:24 PM
:welcome: MMMpls and Monster!!!

I understand the "if I could just diet, I would" mentality. That is why I started out on WS. I am at the point now where I am slowly weaning myself off, but that is because I have a REALLY good understanding of counting calories now, something I did not have prior. Also, I work out. A LOT. WS doesn't support the amount of exercise I do, so I have to add a LOT of real food in daily to meet my daily requirements. It also means I lose a tad slower than those who do not work out, but I'd rather be toned and healthy than a stick, so I take it :D

Having tried MF before, WS is MUCH tastier, but not nearly a huge variety. I find I often craft recipes with them, to get a wider range of flavors. It helps keep thing new and exciting.

Monster - Since I have been on WS, the meal plan has changed twice. Here's the thing...the old version allowed dairy and starch. 4 ounces of dairy. 2 ounces of starch. It is PERFECT for diabetics who need a little more carb in their diet. And perfect for athletes. But if you are neither, you will not have quick loses. By all means, you can have them if you keep to the limits set, but just be aware your loses will be slower, much like how my loses are slower since I do insane workouts. Fats are the optionals. 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon A1, 2 tablespoons fatfree cream cheese, 1 tablespoon butter, stuff like that. It is both the fat and the optional. Use it wisely :)
So..yes. 2 ounces of a bagel with 2 tablespoons of fat free cream cheese is totally on plan :) And you can add it in to your current diet. Or, you can omit something...just be aware that you don't have to, and you won't be getting as much protein as the plan recommends, which probably isn't a bad thing considering your weight :)

Monster Soju
09-26-2013, 05:17 PM
I got my 4-week WS bundle in the mail today...so excited!!! :D

I'm sad I can't post pictures yet, but I bought some cute canvas bags from Amazon to organize my meal packages for the week...a different color for each day! I sorted out my first week during my lunch break already.

I also got a binder to keep my WS booklet, notes, recipes, receipts, lists, etc. together. I created an Excel worksheet to help me plan my meals in advance and keep track of my weekly shopping and daily prep lists. I'm more than happy to share that file and the photo of my bags with anyone who is interested in seeing...just PM me.

Niecey
09-29-2013, 05:52 PM
I just order a four week plan from Wonderslim!!!

I'm on another plan right this minute and I'm almost done. I haven't really lost a lot of weight, maybe 5 pounds but I've lost quite a bit of inches on it. (6 inches in my waist alone!) I'm definitely a lot smaller than when I started the program. I finish on October 3rd.

I don't plan on starting Wonderslim until the end of October but I wanted to have it on hand since I've got the momentum going of eating right and working out. I didn't want to end up backing out.

I know it will be three weeks until I start but I want to be able to maintain what I've done so far on my own because one day I'll have to do it. I have to go to a function on the 11th and 12th and of course there will be food involved but since I've been doing this and my workouts, I won't go overboard because I don't want to end up back where I started.

I want to stay as close to the plan as possible starting October 28th through November 24th, right before Thanksgiving :-). Then I believe I'll do another 4 weeks starting in January 2014 but it could change! lol

So, I'll definitely be joining everyone here later on in the month.

JDBLAND1
10-03-2013, 12:40 AM
Hi everyone. I just started Wonderslim 4 days ago. So far I'm loving it! I'm full all day long and I think the food tastes really good. I am worried about getting sick of the food but right now I'm really enjoying it. I have 25 lbs to lose. The only thing I really don't like is the Berry smoothie. It's so bad to me. I have a whole box and I don't want to waste it. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to hide the taste? Maybe I should just add some real berries?

Thanks!!

zoesmom
10-03-2013, 08:12 AM
:welcome: neicey and JDBLAND!!!

Those berry smoothies SUCK!

Here's a fix:
1 packet of berry smoothie
1 peeled and finely grated zucchini, pressed to get as much moisture out as possible
1 egg (or two egg whites, but 1 one will not make or break the diet and tastes MUCH better...the two egg whites would be considered "freebies")
1-2 packs Splenda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Mix it all together and put in a muffin tin filled 1/2 way (SPRAY the tin, don't use muffin liners as it will stick to those!!!)

Pop in oven at 350 for 10-15 minutes, or until done. ENJOY! :)

The trick with getting burnt out is to be creative :)

cadesignergal
10-04-2013, 07:48 PM
I just joined this site and am happy to see that others are using WS. I just ordered 2 weeks worth of products and am hoping they will arrive sometime next week. I was going to to MF but came across WS and decided to save some money. I have 60 lbs to lose and have been unsuccessful with any other plan over the last 4 years. I am determined to make this work and would love to share support and ideas with any of you.:)

MSloser
10-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Been on WS for 2 weeks, first week lost 4.5, second week nothing. Frustrated with the on going weight battle (been doing this my whole life it feels). I have MS and due to my meds I have to add peanut butter or a nut butter to my morning shake or I'm a GI mess. Added pilates 3 times a week but no other exercise. My meals are veggie and lean protein. So glad I found this page to meet others on the same journey.:coffee: is my weekness.

zoesmom
10-08-2013, 08:20 AM
:welcome: cadesignergal and MSloser!!

I know I have lost close to 70 pounds thanks to WS products...still have a bit more to go, but know that it is possible.

Coffee is fine to have on WS. Add an entire shake packet to your coffee instead of creamer. Use EAS CarbAdvantEdge Shake as creamer if the entire shake packet is too much. I drink coffee daily, and probably way too much, but I still lose.

Not losing the second week is normal, regardless of medical conditions. The first week is water weight, the second week is your body adjusting to the lower calorie and carb restrictions. Sometimes, it stretches into the third week as well.

It helps to know that weight loss is not linear, so you will have weeks where you lose 8 pounds, weeks where you only lose one pounds, weeks you gain 2 pounds, weeks where nothing happens. Anything can cause this. Water weight retention, adding in exercise, eating off plan, and so on. It is the end result you want. And THAT average is the amount per week lost that the makers advertise.

If you have NOT been exercising prior to WS, do not add it in until you have passed week 3 or 4. Reason being is your body must aclimate to the lower calorie and carb restrictions. You may end up causing more harm than good. After the 3-4 week wait, add it in...word of advise though, if you burn more than 150 calories, be sure to have a shake post workout or you wil stall out. An EAS CarbAdvantEDGE shake works well.

If you have already been working out, bring the intenstity down for 3-4 weeks then bring it back up after the initial period of adjustment, following the same rule of if you burn more than 150 calories, to add a shake.

I work out 6 days a week, rotating in between running, weight training, and HIIT. Know that if you exercise, your weight loss will slow or potentially stall, so figure out now if you are more concerned about weight loss or health. For me, it was a no brainer....I want health. So, I have a slower loss. And I am okay with that :D

JDBLAND1
10-08-2013, 12:37 PM
:welcome: neicey and JDBLAND!!!

Those berry smoothies SUCK!

Here's a fix:
1 packet of berry smoothie
1 peeled and finely grated zucchini, pressed to get as much moisture out as possible
1 egg (or two egg whites, but 1 one will not make or break the diet and tastes MUCH better...the two egg whites would be considered "freebies")
1-2 packs Splenda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Mix it all together and put in a muffin tin filled 1/2 way (SPRAY the tin, don't use muffin liners as it will stick to those!!!)

Pop in oven at 350 for 10-15 minutes, or until done. ENJOY! :)

The trick with getting burnt out is to be creative :)

Thank you! this sounds much better! I'll definitely have to try that!

cadesignergal
10-12-2013, 12:21 PM
It took a full week for my WS to arrive but it was waiting for me on my front step when I got home from work last night. I'm so excited and it's perfect timing too. Hubby is gone for the weekend and so are the kids so I don't have to cook for anyone for the 1st two days. I'm surprised at how much food is allowed. I had a shake and the apple cinnamon oatmeal this morning. Both were tasty enough and very filling. I have a full schedule today so I get to see how things go trying to eat between appointments on the road. Hope everyone else is having a good weekend.

tammylj
10-27-2013, 02:11 PM
Hi all. Just started WS last week. I was doing the calorie counting thing and was losing, but it was very slow going. I had done Medifast in the past and felt I needed that structure, but I didn't necessarily want to be in ketosis and it is just expensive. So I looked into WS and it seemed like a good fit for me. So far I like the foods much better than MF and like that I seem to be eating more food than allowed on MF.

Hoping to connect with others. The one thing I like about MF was the forums and getting lots of tips about the foods. For instance, with MF, almost everything tasted better presoaked. So would love to know if there are any tips like that for WS.

zoesmom
10-27-2013, 07:08 PM
:lol: Welcome tammy...presoaked is certainly a trick I use. Another is "thicken" everything (or almost everything) with shredded zucchini to give myself "more".

tammylj
10-28-2013, 05:54 PM
Thanks zoesmom! I find they are not bad at all even if I don't have time to presoak. Definitely makes it easier to pack my food for work.

Getting kind of tired of the pudding shakes already though, so I ordered some meal replacement bars. Didn't even realize they had those when I first ordered. Can't believe how much less expensive it is compared to MF, and how much better the food tastes.

zoesmom
11-11-2013, 10:12 AM
HELLO WS-ers (if any of you are still out there :) )

Now that the holidays are here and we are fixing to get involved with food, food, and more food, what's your goals on sticking to plan...or how do you plan to deal with the influx of goodies?

Personally, I'm sticking to plan except on the actual days. If I don't allow myself a cheat on those days, well, then what's the point? I'd go nuts if I couldn't be "normal" for a day or two!

And, speaking of which, how is everyone doing?

harvester
11-18-2013, 10:29 PM
I lost quite a bit of weight using Wonderslim products and have gained some of it back. I need to get started again and get the extra pounds of. First order of business will be to order more products.

zoesmom
11-19-2013, 08:27 AM
:welcome: harvester. How much did you lose? and how much have you regained? Was it a slow regain or a quick one? Curious minds do wonder :)

punmama
11-20-2013, 11:39 AM
Hi all,

Zoesmom asked how we are going to handle the holidays. It is going to be rough especially if you are going to someone's house, but the main goal is to keep it focused. I have fallen off the wagon for some time now but know that I have to kick my butt a few times to get myself back on the program.

I will pledge to stay on program most days and consciously see what I am putting in my mouth all days. I know I will be off on the major holidays but that is about all. It will not be a free for all though, I will eat what I want, but not pig out.
You have to put in your mind at all times that the food will always be there for you to eat. You have eaten it before and know what it tastes like. But you should not deprive yourself of anything either.

harvester
11-25-2013, 11:02 PM
Zoesmom I lost about 40 lbs all together. 20 lbs was using Wonderslim while my husband was deployed. When he came home I gradually slid off the wagon and gained 17 lbs back in about a year.

ChristineA
12-03-2013, 10:23 PM
Hi all! I've been "lurking" on this forum for a while; I will be ordering my WS food before the year is out. My name is Christine, I'm single (widowed), 61 years old, and I live alone. I have insulin resistance and am hypothyroid, but I hope if I am able to stay on program I'll be able to lose what I need to. I've been getting stiff and sore, but instead of blaming it on my age, I'm choosing to blame the extra 60 pounds I carry around. (At least that way I can do something about it!) Anyway, I wanted to check in and let you know I'll be joining you soon. I'm very hyped up about WonderSlim, and can't wait to start. I've only been waiting until my bills get caught up before placing my order...

zoesmom
12-04-2013, 08:33 AM
:welcome: ChristineA :)

Those 60 extra pounds add up! I know that I've seen a huge change in how my joints feel as I have lost my weight. My knees still take a lot of abuse, but I am still rather hefty in the grand scheme of things. Whenever I think there is not a difference, I head over to Lowe's or Home Depot and find something to tote for a few minutes that equates to the pounds I have lost. Heck, even 5 pounds made a difference! But now, when I tote around 70 pounds of concrete on my shoulders...UGH! How did I do that EVERY DAY ALL THE TIME?!?!

I know WS helped grab control of a lot of my health issues. My cholestrol is in great condition now, my blood pressure is picture perfect, my blood sugar is average as average can be, and my thyroid is slam bam amazing (it had been having issues prior to WS.) There are issues WS could not correct (I have severe asthma and ARDS) but ultimately, I am much healthier and happier thanks to WS.

It is important to remember WS is a tool to help you achieve your goals. Counting calories, even while on prepackaged foods, helps you understand what you need to eat to lose, and to maintain. There are 3 millions tips you can find online, with friends, family, and doctors. All are right, all are wrong. Find what works for you, and then just stick to it. :) WS claims fast weight loss...not for me. I exercise, so I lose slower than what they claim. I'm okay with that. i'd prefer to be healthy over a stick anyways. But not everyone wants that.

I'm happy to have you here and can't wait to hear of your sucesses!

Tifftastic05
12-04-2013, 11:32 PM
Hey ladies! I've been mia for a while. It took me far too many months to get back into my weight loss. I gained back up to 195. :( But, I'm starting my 3rd week on plan, and I'm down to 187, and back into the swing of it. My husband has finally gotten on board with being healthier, so I've been making us a lean and green (+starch for him) every night, and it is a BIG help. So glad to see those of you who've stuck it out, and the others who are still checking in. It's definitely motivation to read your posts. :)

zoesmom
12-05-2013, 08:20 AM
Hey ladies! I've been mia for a while. It took me far too many months to get back into my weight loss. I gained back up to 195. :( But, I'm starting my 3rd week on plan, and I'm down to 187, and back into the swing of it. My husband has finally gotten on board with being healthier, so I've been making us a lean and green (+starch for him) every night, and it is a BIG help. So glad to see those of you who've stuck it out, and the others who are still checking in. It's definitely motivation to read your posts. :)

Glad to have you back!

It does make it easier when your spouse is on board...mine refuses. So, I cook two dinners nightly. Ugh. I just bought a size 14 pair of pants...that fit!...for myself, netting a total of 12-14 pant sizes lost! Had to buy DH two sizes bigger as he is getting heavier. And he had the poor taste to comment that I don't need to show off I am getting smaller while he gets larger. UHM..HELLO! Busting tail and eating right takes a LOT of effort! I can show off if I wanna!!!!

Nimblegranny
12-10-2013, 03:04 PM
Hi everyone, checking back in after being MIA for a few months. I had gained 12 lbs eating the house down and made myself get strictly back to WS plan and quickly have lost 10 of the 12. But Whew - it's much harder to start over than to stay on! And that is worth repeating!

My problem is that when I start eating "regular" food, it becomes a slippery slope for me. I'm going to need to work on incorporating regular food without gaining weight. But one thing I know: that 12 came back on so easily, and I don't intend to steer in that direction again. I'm going in the right direction now, and so far have avoided the holiday treats that are starting to show up around the workplace. And I mean, CHOICE treats. I can't start going there. It doesn't feel as good eating them as it does feeling my pants fit again. BAM! :carrot:

Nimblegranny
12-11-2013, 10:39 AM
Hi zoesmom, I was reading through the posts for fortification and am again reminded what great advice you give! Thanks for being there for everyone, for addressing us personally, for being a valuable font of wisdom. I was so glad to see you were still here when I got back!

Going to say right now I intend to stick to my plan today. I tried eating my fruit at night and it makes me not lose. I like to save it for when I'm most hungry but earlier in the day is right. Also, not going to get into the treats today. Even my very favorite, hardest to resist, once a year treat. I want to feel good in my pants even more. :D

zoesmom
12-11-2013, 11:11 AM
Welcome back Nimble! :)

I don't post as much as I once did, but I check in daily and when I see certain things, especially this thread, I make sure to post something. I'm still using WS, but more as a quick "eat" now more than a meal replacement. My doctor more or less has me weaned off of WS now. I am still losing, albeit slowly, but mostly through calorie counting at this point. Although, I will be hard pressed to EVER give up those caramel pecan bars...nom nom nom!

I can appreciate the slipping back. I did that once back over the summer, and now, I refuse to gain more than 3 back in any given month. So my cheat days are fewer and further between now. But, at least I am losing. I fit in size 14's and I hit moderate obesity...considering I started in TIGHT size 26's and once had a BMI of 47, I'll take it! Still have a lng way to go, but I will get there.

And you will too :)

Glad to have you back! It was getting lonely here :D

ChristineA
12-12-2013, 12:35 PM
I gained a lot of weight when I quit smoking (25 years ago now), but I waited 6 months before I tried to do anything about it. I figured at the time quitting smoking was more important. Anyway, I went to a place next door to my work called "The Diet Center" (they don't exist anymore), and with their help lost all I'd gained and then some. I got down to 133 lbs., and swore I'd never break 140 again. Well, here I am at over 190. I know I'm a lot older now (duh!), but after doing days and days of research I have high hopes of starting the new year with WS. I especially like the idea that if I do manage to lose all the weight and then start to slip back that I can buy 2 weeks worth and just eat basically "packaged" food until the gaining stops. It seems when I'm left to my own devices is when I have trouble controlling my eating.

Lyn2007
12-14-2013, 06:29 PM
hey all,

I am using the Wonderslim and Bariwise foods to keep my calories down for a bit. I don't have it in me to "diet" (putting in effort and concentration) but I find if I have a meal replacement for breakfast and 2 snacks, my calories stay much lower than if I am cooking eggs or regular foods. I think the WS apple oatmeal is so good! It is much tastier than Medifast's. I also really like the WS cheddar crunchers. They are a great snack with salsa. But they're soy based, and I am trying to switch off all soy meals once I use all the ones I have already. If you don't mind soy you should try them. The Bariwise Rockie Road bars are really good too.

PersistentA
12-17-2013, 04:26 PM
Hi! This is my second post on this site. I just wanted to chime in here.

I was previously on Wonderslim back in 2008 and lost about 25 pounds. I went off the program because I couldn't afford the product and was tired of being on a liquid diet. I was okay for about 4 years and then I gained what I lost, and then a bit more, due to a unusually stressful life situation.

I started back on the Wonderslim diet this past August and have lost 25 pounds so far. I find it very hard to remain on the diet on the weekends. So, I take a break on the weekend, eating high protein, low fat and carb foods, and then get right back to it on Monday. That's not for everyone, but it's working for me, albeit slowing down my overall rate of loss. During the week it's easy because I am at work and have little to no access to food that is outside of the diet and I have the benefit of a predictable, daily routine. As my name says, "Persistent" is the name of the game. If I get discouraged and quit (like I did before) I will either stay the same or gain more weight-I know this. So, I pick myself up and move forward and stash the guilt. It does me no good here.

I consume 5 Wonderslim meals a day (favorite is the Mocha shake) and then 1 lean and green meal (mirroring the Medifast plan guidelines). I take a multivitamin each day and I exercise 3 to 5 days per week for 20 minutes each time (cardio). My goal is to lose a total of 100 more pounds, so I have a way to go.

Amy

zoesmom
12-17-2013, 05:38 PM
:dance:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE how many are either taking up WS or starting it back up. (And the Mocha is one of my personal favorites too!)

Lyn-I used WS at first b/c it was SO much easier than counting calories. Now, calorie counting is easier, and WS is just when I am lazy. Actually, I like food. A LOT. So, calorie counting is more of a "normal" food thing. That being said, I still have my shake and my caramel pecan bar daily...YUM! And others, depending on the day. :D

christine - It is always easier to start than to stop and restart. Just know that going in and be prepared for the mental mind **** that will present. If you are ready for it, it will be SO much easier. I take diet breaks about once every two months for about 2-3 days. It SUCKS going back on plan, but I know, I have to. My diet breaks keep it real for me. And remind me that the junk I put in my body is really that. I'm READY to go back on plan after a day or two of eating junk. I feel so gross afterwards!

Persistent - totally doable to lose the 100+ pounds. :) I can barely wait till I hit my big 100. and 90% of it was thanks to WS and just sticking with it. Whereas your plan might not be for everyone, it works for you. And that is ALL that matters. The plan that works for you is the plan you need to do. For example, I take diet breaks. Not everyone can or should do that. But if I didn't, I would have stopped a long time ago due to burn out. So, keep doing it. And don't give up :)

Muscatmom
12-18-2013, 01:55 AM
I have have been watching this thread. I am on day two of wonderslim.
I'm drinking my morning shake now.
I was on medifast before but like that the food is better and I get a bit more. The price helps too. I got off medifast because I was pregnant.
I need to lose 50 pounds but I'll flip if I lose 35 or 40! Lol

I'm also breastfeeding. I'll keep u informed as I'm just starting. This is my first post ever on this site!

ChristineA
12-24-2013, 09:37 AM
Hello all,
well, I ordered my food last Thursday, and received it on Saturday! Unfortunately I won't be able to start the program until after the new year. We have a much loved family member (my brother-in-law) dying of cancer, and the entire family is gathering. I'm the only local family, and my sister needs me a lot right now. I'm already exhausted, and my neice and her hubby and 5-year-old son are arriving Dec 26. At least my work place is shutting down from Christmas to Jan 2, so I should be able to get a little down time to myself. After living alone for as long as I have I need some quiet time by myself. Life is difficult right now.

ChristineA
12-25-2013, 08:54 AM
I may be running towards the WS program for some "normalcy"; but I think that's better than running towards food, as I so often do.

noz124
12-28-2013, 02:26 PM
I just ordered my wonderslim and get it in jan 3, I did medifast 3 years ago and went from a size 18 to an 8 in 6 months, in the last 3 years I have 3 foot surgerys and have gained all my weight back, I tried restarting medifast but I think after doing it for 6 months that I am so burned out on the food, so I am going to try wonderslim, heard great reviews about the product compared to medifast and am excited to try it....one thing I liked about medifast was the support we had on their website and on facebook, wonderslim doesn't seem to have that, so I found this website....so I will be turning to you all for advice and support....cant wait to get started....heres to getting my size 8's back

noz124
12-28-2013, 04:03 PM
I just ordered my food and will be here jan 3 2014, I know this thread is old but im trying to navigate this site and im confused and lost, after spending a lot of time researching ws, this appears to be the only support system out there, their facebook has nothing compared to what you post, thank you ahead of time for putting the time into this. I want this to be successful and it seems this blog is the most support and you have good responses. I was on medifast 3 years ago and I went from an 18 to an 8 in like 6 months, I have had 3 foot surgerys since then and was house bound for months and just am 7 weeks post op from my last one, I have tried a couple times to restart medifast and I never make it through 2 days, I guess im burned out on the food, like I said earier I lost the mojo from it. So someone on facebook just started ws and had lost on mf also and she loves the food and is totally focused. so I ordered I figured its all new foods and maybe this will work, I feel the mojo coming with ws. so I will be looking at this site for support....I only ordered 2 weeks because I didn't want to be stuck with all this food, if I make it past the first week will order right away so I don't get stuck without meals...any good tips...oh by the way I didn't even order the bars, got the chips and pretzels, hoping the sodium from that doesn't ruin my first week

noz124
12-28-2013, 04:42 PM
me too girl, I am switching to wonderslim and the one difference I miss is all the different sites to turn to with medifast was the many different places for support and questions and easy to get ways to deal with something you bought you end up not liking, Im excited to try wonderslim everyone says the food is better..i didn't mind mf food just got burned out...Im atleast greatful to find this site for some support, I think that is key

zoesmom
12-28-2013, 05:20 PM
:welcome: noz :). I'll be sure to write a more detailed post to you once I have a kid in bed....but wanted to give you a warm welcome quickly :)

noz124
12-28-2013, 05:50 PM
thank you, very excited.....

BetsyAnn
12-28-2013, 09:09 PM
marking my spot...working on cutting out sugar, started yesterday...tomorrow I will hit wonderslim head on!

noz124
12-29-2013, 10:26 AM
after going over the plan, im kind of nervous about the protein being so small for my lean and green, mf was 6 oz of cooked protein and ws is 4 oz of uncooked protein...I so hope that fills me up, I don't want to deviate from the diet because I ordered exactly like the plan, but was wondering does anyone only eat one wonderslim meal and hold the shake with the meal and add the extra protein for your meal...im thinking that having the 1200 calories a day is going to be faster weight loss than mf because mf had your body kind of in starvation mode with having 800 calories a day, sometimes I only got In 700 it all depended on what I ate for my lean and green...yesterday I started mf up, to use up the remainder of my food so I can just slide into wonderslim on jan 3 when it gets here and omg i was starving all day...and trying to get use to drinking all that water again...spent most my time in the bathroom....i know i will be fuller on ws because of the fact you are eating the shake with your meals....i wished i would have placed my order sooner for the wonderslim, i was waiting on a friend who started to see how she liked the food and to see what her loss was, two week down and she lost 10 pounds and she is only like 30 pounds overweight....very excited, i can feel my size 8 coming back on...hubby says if the food is good he is going to go on with me...he did mf and lost fast but he refuses to deal with all the gas that mf gives you...it will be so much easier having hubby on board

MissMollyM
12-31-2013, 01:49 PM
Hello,

My name is Molly and I am VERY excited to be here. :) I am starting WS early next week and can barely wait. I have tried a gazillion diets and only lose a small amount, even after several months of trying. Ugh. :( I am hoping WS will be different.

I look forward to meeting all of you WonderSlimmers old and new. :)

~Molly

noz124
12-31-2013, 03:33 PM
my food gets here jan 3, yep excited to start and meet new people here....guess we will be starting together molly

MissMollyM
12-31-2013, 06:32 PM
my food gets here jan 3, yep excited to start and meet new people here....guess we will be starting together molly

Yes it does, Noz. I'm glad we can do this together!!! :) Oh, and I think I might indulge a bit over the next few days, as I don't plan to go OP once I start. It's going to be a loooooong road - but a good one. :)

zoesmom
12-31-2013, 08:47 PM
Hello MissMolly and BetsyAnn :)

This thread might liven up again now that the holidays are over. :D

noz...the 4 ounces of protein is surprisingly filling if you stick to the plan. WS and MF use different proteins. MF is mostly soy whereas WS is mostly whey. That makes a difference in how full you fill and for how long. There are other factors as well, such as WS has you eating starches, dairy, and fruits. I personally omitted those carbs at first. When I get back on track tomorrow, I will likely add them back in though as I went from no activity to high activity and my muscles need fuel :)

You can split your proteins up. If you are not hungry come snack time, save the shake to have with your lean and green. Or...save your shake for another day and add 2-3 ounces of more lean protein and 1/2 cup of extra veggies.

I found, at first, I would be starving, but that went away after 3 days. In week 5 or 6, the amount WS had me eat was TOO MUCH! So I had to find a way around it. I added in intense exercise which increased my hunger and allowed me to get my needed calories plus some (I never ate back my calories, but ate the required amount for my BMR). I also found that sometimes, I just didn't want a shake or a snack bar, so I would make my own snacks of various recipes I researched online.

The beauty of WS is it is very flexible. If you look up the Ideal Protein threads, many people there use WS products and have a great many ideas on how to use the products in creative ways.

I have been on hiatus from dieting since August. I have not been OP with WS since then. I have not gained. I have lost, albeit slowly. I plan to get back OP on WS starting tomorrow and go until my supplies run out...so maybe two more months? But I LOVE this program. It taught me how to count calories, how to portion control, and how to "binge" within reason. I am 76 pounds lighter and still going down. WS is a GREAT tool, if used properly. :)

:welcome: all....looking forward to your progress, updates, and accomplishment!

noz124
01-01-2014, 08:20 AM
what does almond milk count as? your dairy serving? cant find it anyplace in information

zoesmom
01-01-2014, 11:42 AM
almond milk will count as dairy, even though it technically is not. :)

zoesmom
01-01-2014, 11:54 AM
I know there are several newbies here. I know for me, the WS breakfast was the hardest part...everything was tasty enough, but the breakfasts were kinda, well, plain. I highly recommend making the oatmeal into muffins. Adding vanilla and splenda to the pancakes. Making "mock apple crisp" with the cinnamon crunch cereal and some zucchini. Or getting creative on other alternatives. Found one today I would like to share. First, like or love of pumpkin is a must. Second, the texture is NOT the same as regular pancakes, a bit more on the "mushy side" as with a pumpkin pie, but not quite. Very feeling. Very tasty. GREAT alternative to WS breakfasts and 100% able to be subbed in place of other items and still keep in daily requirements for calories, fats, carbs, proteins, and fibers. Hope you enjoy!

1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 packet of vanilla WS shake made into the pudding (4 oz water)
1 large egg
3 large egg whites
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup cake flour (or regular flour, but as a baker, I only use cake flour)
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Mix like mad until completely blended. Pour 1/3 cup of mixture onto heated griddle, cooking 2-3 minutes per side (like a normal pancake, wait for the bubbles to appear.) Serve with maple syrup (I use the Sugar Free Joseph's from Diet Direct...GREAT stuff!)

Each pancake (1/3 cup of mixture) has the below values:
Calories: 82
Carbs: 9g
Fiber: 1g
Fat: 2g
Protein: 8g

1-1/2 of these babies will equal roughly 1 packet of WS cereal or 1 packet of WS pancakes or 1 packet of WS oatmeal...and is A LOT more filling. :)

Have a happy new year!

MissMollyM
01-01-2014, 02:07 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome, Zoesmom. :) You are clearly an expert regarding WS (and weight loss) and I am very thankful for your help, ideas, recipes, etc. :)

zoesmom
01-02-2014, 09:09 AM
Aw shucks :thanks: MissMolly

I appreciate the compliment. I'm slower going than what WS advertises, but that is my own fault. I am not 100% on plan all the time and I do heavy exercising. But that is by choice. I know that adding in exercise slows results and I know that eating 200 extra calories will slow me down as well. And I wrecked it over the holidays, but in the grand scheme, I am still going. All it takes is dedication, patience, and a willing to get back on track.

sarmaris
01-06-2014, 07:08 PM
Hello!

I just started WS today! I did Ideal Protein a year ago for about 2 month and lost 15 lbs, but it was way restrictive, the food sucked and I was never full. So far today, WS seems to keep me fuller with the shakes and the food is much better.

I was wondering how restrictive it is on the amount of veggies... the lean/green meal says 2 servings, but can I have more or do I have to limit it to those 2 servings?

Can't wait to start seeing results!

ChristineA
01-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Hi all!

Well, last week I took some time and sorted my food into 28 daily packets, then yesterday I started the diet. I wanted to start Saturday, but my boss asked me to work OT on Saturday and I still had some fat food left, so I started on Sunday. I weighed and measured myself, including a measurement I haven't seen mentioned on this site. I'm definitely an apple, not a pear, so I also measure around the biggest part of my belly. That's where I'd really like to see a change.

The first day went fine, but today I got hungry a bit. I also found something I REALLY don't like; the tomato soup. I bought two boxes of it, so I'm going to go through the remaining 26 daily food packets and pull them out and send them back. I think I got hungry because my activity level is a bit high; my job can get pretty physical at times. Also, I have to be at work at 6:30 AM, so I swapped the time frame for my breakfast and morning snack. So far, so good!

zoesmom
01-06-2014, 08:55 PM
Hi sarmaris! I never measure my veggies. Mostly because I mainly only eat brocolli, zucchini, and lettuce though. Truth is, if you need more, eat more. I don't do the starch or dairy so I have lots of wiggle room.

Christine, if you are active, have an extra shake. Trust me. EAS Carb AdvantEDGE is a good substitute for that extra calorie and protein need without adding a ton of extra carbs. I am crazy active....I have to add a shake and extra lean protein daily. If I don't, I get really weak. My weight loss is slowed, but my fat loss is accelerated, and that's what matters.

I make my tomato soup into a bread, fwiw. You know, because it sucks. :)

MissMollyM
01-08-2014, 06:00 PM
Good for you, Zoesmom. :) I think you're a good example of someone who has successfully lost weight - without being 100% OP. I tend to quit things if I'm not 100% perfect, but that's why I have never been able to lose weight. When I fail, I normally throw in the towel. This time, I will try to be 100% OP, but if I'm not, I'll get back on that horse and start fresh the next day. :)

Tomorrow is my big day to start and I am SO very excited. :) :) :)

MissMollyM
01-14-2014, 09:49 AM
How is everyone doing so far? I am LOVING WonderSlim!!! :) :) :)

zoesmom
01-14-2014, 09:59 AM
I love that you love it!

I am losing my holiday weight slowly (I gained 9 over the holidays), but I am okay with that. As mentioned before, I don't follow the WS 100%...I exercise, heavily, and often times have to eat more than WS allows. I got up to 226.9 on January 1st and I am at 224 as of today, so I will take it. :) And some of my slowed loss is muscle weight as I do heavy lifting.

How about you?

ChristineA
01-17-2014, 12:14 PM
Hi all!
Progress report first: I started on Sunday, and by the following Saturday I was down 4, but then I went out for dinner with my lady friend (her 82nd birthday!) and went back to down 2. It took a couple of days to get back down, but as of today, Friday, I'm down 6. Last weekend I didn't feel good, I thought I was catching a cold, so Sunday I took a lot of veggies and 2 days' worth of chicken and made a big pot of chicken soup. I also had to work OT one afternoon at a station that involves a lot of physical labor, so I had an extra shake, the EAS Advantage. Also, I'm pretty generous with both the protein and the veggies. As I said, my job is quite active, and otherwise I find myself getting weak and tired by the end of the week.
Oh, I forgot to mention, last Sunday, when I was only down 2 pounds, I'd lost a half-inch each off bust, hips, and thigh! The increased protein and low carbs are really paying off!
I'll be working OT again tonight and also all day tomorrow; I have the extra shakes lined up. THANK YOU, Zoesmom, for all the wonderful info!

MissMollyM
01-18-2014, 12:12 PM
Hi all!
Progress report first: I started on Sunday, and by the following Saturday I was down 4, but then I went out for dinner with my lady friend (her 82nd birthday!) and went back to down 2. It took a couple of days to get back down, but as of today, Friday, I'm down 6. Last weekend I didn't feel good, I thought I was catching a cold, so Sunday I took a lot of veggies and 2 days' worth of chicken and made a big pot of chicken soup. I also had to work OT one afternoon at a station that involves a lot of physical labor, so I had an extra shake, the EAS Advantage. Also, I'm pretty generous with both the protein and the veggies. As I said, my job is quite active, and otherwise I find myself getting weak and tired by the end of the week.
Oh, I forgot to mention, last Sunday, when I was only down 2 pounds, I'd lost a half-inch each off bust, hips, and thigh! The increased protein and low carbs are really paying off!
I'll be working OT again tonight and also all day tomorrow; I have the extra shakes lined up. THANK YOU, Zoesmom, for all the wonderful info!

You are doing INCREDIBLE, ChristineA!!! You must be so proud of yourself!!! :) :) :) Keep up the super-duper good work. :)

ChristineA
01-19-2014, 05:54 PM
Thanks MissMollyM! Today is my "official" weigh day; down 6.5 pounds after 2 weeks. Definitely off program on the weekends, but being careful, nevertheless. Score is now down 1 inch off bust, waist, and thigh; 1/2 inch off hips and upper arm. Yay!!!

MissMollyM
01-20-2014, 01:52 PM
Thanks MissMollyM! Today is my "official" weigh day; down 6.5 pounds after 2 weeks. Definitely off program on the weekends, but being careful, nevertheless. Score is now down 1 inch off bust, waist, and thigh; 1/2 inch off hips and upper arm. Yay!!!

Christine, you are doing AMAZING!!! :) :) :)

Wow!!! The weight is dripping off as well as losing inches. That is crazy awesome!!! :)

You should check in daily at the 2014 WonderSlimmers thread. We need more people over there for motivation and keeping everyone on track. 2014 is going to be the year we all do this. :)

Bozydeaux
01-22-2014, 11:20 AM
Another newbie here. I have ordered my first kit, and it's on the truck for delivery today. I plan on starting this Sunday, and I have to say, it's the first time I've been excited to start a diet. I'm looking forward to this, and getting to know everyone here :)

zoesmom
01-23-2014, 11:10 AM
:welcome: Bozydeaux!

My apologies to all WS-ers....I am going to be MIA for a wee bit. I got a pretty significant life changing medical dignosis earlier this week and until I can come to gripes with it...well, it is just best I disappear until I can fully accept what this will mean to my future.

And no...it is not in any way related to WS or an increased protein intake. Just for you worry warts out there :)

Nimblegranny
01-29-2014, 04:47 PM
I broke 30 lbs! That's not a lot since last May, but it's very steady and I'm in a losing spurt right now, 6 lbs since Christmas. I had to throw out a bagful of pants that I had been rolling at the waist, and dig into my next tier of sizes. I just bought two pairs of 16W, which I'm very proud of, they fit me best. They are stretchy, but not loose. I'm excited about the fact that my next goal puts me at breaking 200. That will be a very big deal for me, and most of the clothes in my closet will fit again. 200 sounds big, and it's still obese, but for me it means belts and clothes I haven't worn in five years. So that's, for me, a celebration to look forward to.

Still using Wonderslim shakes and bars, but have moved into regular food for two meals a day, breakfast and the main meal of the day. I'm not bingeing and staying away from any sweets. The "real" food is easier to choose now and not a "gateway" thing like it used to be. For today. So I am seeing some progress. Feel like today I have the food in perspective, which can be a problem for me. It's not a consuming thought one way or another. Knowing the Wonderslim stuff is there if I overeat one day gets me right back on track, so I'm not ready to let go of it yet. It's serving a good purpose for me. :carrot: Helps me with the black or white thinking I have trouble with.

I would love to be a lot farther along than this but it is what it is. It's been my journey and anytime I'm going in the right direction is a positive. I'm proud I've been able to turn around again when I gained some back, and now have lost enough to see a mini-goal coming up. This may take me longer than some others, but I'm going to get there!:carrot:

MissMollyM
01-30-2014, 09:47 AM
I broke 30 lbs! That's not a lot since last May, but it's very steady and I'm in a losing spurt right now, 6 lbs since Christmas. I had to throw out a bagful of pants that I had been rolling at the waist, and dig into my next tier of sizes. I just bought two pairs of 16W, which I'm very proud of, they fit me best. They are stretchy, but not loose. I'm excited about the fact that my next goal puts me at breaking 200. That will be a very big deal for me, and most of the clothes in my closet will fit again. 200 sounds big, and it's still obese, but for me it means belts and clothes I haven't worn in five years. So that's, for me, a celebration to look forward to.

Still using Wonderslim shakes and bars, but have moved into regular food for two meals a day, breakfast and the main meal of the day. I'm not bingeing and staying away from any sweets. The "real" food is easier to choose now and not a "gateway" thing like it used to be. For today. So I am seeing some progress. Feel like today I have the food in perspective, which can be a problem for me. It's not a consuming thought one way or another. Knowing the Wonderslim stuff is there if I overeat one day gets me right back on track, so I'm not ready to let go of it yet. It's serving a good purpose for me. :carrot: Helps me with the black or white thinking I have trouble with.

I would love to be a lot farther along than this but it is what it is. It's been my journey and anytime I'm going in the right direction is a positive. I'm proud I've been able to turn around again when I gained some back, and now have lost enough to see a mini-goal coming up. This may take me longer than some others, but I'm going to get there!:carrot:

WOOT WOOT!!! Good for you, Granny!!! :) :) :)

Can you believe you're almost in ONEderland??? That is beyond amazing!!! :) It doesn't matter how long it takes you to get there - it only matters that you get there. I am not losing as fast as I'd like, but I am super thankful I am moving in the right direction.

Keep up the good work and enjoy those smaller pants. :)

zoesmom
01-31-2014, 05:00 PM
Give me the weekend to look over posts and respond....but I think I am back in game mode.

DEEP breath.

Taxes filed.

Anxiety meds are finally helping with my moments on current medical crap. (and MAN do I have some crazy ones!!!)

And some higher power/fate finally decided to give me a break. ZoŽ is healthy as a whistle. Told we might need to look into....what was it...genetic coding?...and we need to do a follow up in a year to be on the safe side, but all in all, my crap most likely didn't go to my child.

Now, to get my test results in and figure out where I stand. I met with my GP yesterday and she spent some time going over in detail what my diagnosis means and what she sees it to mean (she is not a specialist and did tell me to get a second opinion.) There is no denying something is wrong with me. but, it might not be all that bad. Still a waiting game, but today is the first day I feel like I might actually be okay.

ChristineA
02-06-2014, 12:04 PM
Hi all,I've been MIA for a while; working a tremendous amount of OT. My poor old back is killing me, I'm way too old for this stuff. Also, my brother-in-law's cancer has really progressed; I'm afraid it won't be long now. I've been going to their house for the football playoffs, etc. and eating way to much of all the wrong things, but they've been having whatever he wants and can eat. I gained back some pounds, (the same ones over and over), but as of today I'm down 6.5 overall. Even with all the yo-yoing, I think that's pretty good for 24 days of WS food. I'll be ordering my next 4 weeks of food tonight or tomorrow, it ships from Wilmington and I get it in 2 days.

noz124
02-09-2014, 09:29 AM
23 pounds down on ws in 5 weeks, love all the food so far, im not hungry, only problem I have is getting my water in because im so full...I love this program...I don't eat the fruit or the starch, I did mf and had to gag the food down, this is cake walk, hubby and I both doing it and he hated mf all the gas and hated the food, we both are happy we took on the journey with ws, way cheaper and if you follow plan to the T, you will lose just as fast as mf, I have not started exercise yet, had foot surgery 3 months ago and its hard for me just yet...oh and I don't do the shakes, I replaced the shakes with the hot drinks, I just was so burned out on shakes from medifast, I don't mind the shakes on ws and use when I don't have access to hotwater...love love love this plan....and saving tons of money, I watch the sales and use codes...the food taste real...

ChristineA
02-10-2014, 09:46 AM
Wow, good for you noz124. I've GOT to quit cheating, it seems like every time I eat real food I gain back 2 pounds. I can't seem to break the 185-pound barrier. Every time I get close I binge out.

ChristineA
02-10-2014, 09:49 AM
I've ordered my ws food for the second 4 weeks. It should be here today or tomorrow. My neice and her little boy are flying in from California Saturday; I'm sure we'll be having some family dinners.

FattyFatFat
02-13-2014, 02:22 PM
Wow, good for you noz124. I've GOT to quit cheating, it seems like every time I eat real food I gain back 2 pounds. I can't seem to break the 185-pound barrier. Every time I get close I binge out.

You should try slowly working away from real food if you must have it. I know just stopping can be extremely hard, so try to at least work with portion control for the times when you feel you must do it. It's not about eating it cause it's there, nor eating to get full... just satisfy your urge and move on with your day and you should do well. It might take a little bit longer than you want, but at least you'll still get there. Doesn't matter that it takes you longer to cross the finish line... what matters is that you DO cross it.

ChristineA
02-14-2014, 12:34 PM
I received my food day before yesterday and sorted it out into daily packets. I stayed strictly OP yesterday and this morning was at the magic (or infamous) 185. Let's hope I can make more than one day in a row OP!
I'm afraid to try "eating just a little"; that's never been my strong suit.

christina83
02-17-2014, 02:22 PM
Hi there! WS tastes soooo much better than MF. I did MF a while back and lost 35 pounds... Now I have 60 to lose. The only issue I have with WS is all of the shakes. Can I use WS as I did with MF and just do 5 of thier foods, then a lean and green? Does anyone else do that? I am interested in finding modified menu plans using the WS. Any help would be great! :carrot:

BetsyAnn
02-19-2014, 09:28 AM
I am recommitting to WonderSlim today. I am making one alteration to the plan. I am following the 1200 calorie plan...I need to shed 120 lbs. Instead of a bar at lunch time, I will be substituting 2 hard boiled eggs for that bar. I have never really found a bar that I like. 2 eggs have the same calorie count, but are less in carbs. I am taking this in 30# mini goals x 4. I've spent the last 3 days getting sugary stuff out of my diet. I think I have finally kicked my headache from that ;) So, hopefully, that will make the remaining transition much smoother!

Here I go....

hatetodiet
02-26-2014, 03:47 PM
I have a question about the portion sizes of the meat. Are the weights based on raw or cooked?

According to the Wonderslim guide, the meat should be weighed AFTER cooking.

ChristineA
02-27-2014, 08:00 AM
Well, I'm back, AGAIN! My brother-in-law finally passed away on Monday a week ago. I spent the last three nights with them. My sister had been subsisting on fig newtons and potato chips, so I cooked for us. The next week was all family and friends; restaurants and comfort food. I started back on WS this past Monday and after 3 days on program I'm back at the infamous 185. I'm so tired; I want my nice peaceful life back!

ChristineA
02-27-2014, 08:30 AM
One thing I haven't seen concerning modifications to the food; I make the apple oatmeal/pancake muffins and pack them for my break time breakfast. I have to be at work at 6:30 in the morning, so I drink my first shake driving to work and carry a cut-up apple which I munch on thru the morning, then at 9:30 break I eat my muffin and another shake. Anyway, I've been making the muffins with sweetener and vanilla as per Zoesmom, but instead of water I use unsweetened applesauce. They need to bake longer, but the texture and general fluffiness are WAY better. I figure it adds less than 15 calories/3 carbs per muffin.

ChristineA
02-27-2014, 10:00 AM
This is a test of my ticker.

dakotamidnight
03-19-2014, 10:06 PM
Ducking my head in here - not doing WS yet, but I want to. Finances however haven't let me yet. Are there any tricks to doing WS either with real food, or cheaper than through Diet Direct? I know the Jillian Michaels shake is almost identical to the WS shakes except they don't taste as good, so planning on doing that some to stretch the WS food. I need to lose about 150lbs total, so this will be a long haul. I was told on another board that since my weight is so high, I should start out with the MEN's meal plan {1700 calorie} & stick with that until I begin to not lose, and then step down. Is that right?

Also - I see they've changed up the diet plan into Basic, Core & Premium. Thoughts? Which would you follow?

dakotamidnight
03-23-2014, 02:27 AM
Anyone still here? Seems like neither of the WS threads have had any posts in a couple weeks.

Found a good sub for the WS snack bars tonight at my grocery - Perfect Fit Chocolate Chip Protein Cookie. They come individually wrapped, and are cheaper than WS at $1.39 each. Stats are:

Calories:150
Total Fat: 5g
Protein: 10g
Carbs: 19 {so 1 more than WS snack bars}
Sugars: 9g {2 less than WS snack bars}

Plus they are all natural, with whey / milk protein. And real ingredients! They use Stevia as the sweetener which is nice too. Will report back after I try them to see how they taste.

dakotamidnight
03-24-2014, 04:12 PM
Started today on my version of WS - using Jillian Michaels shakes instead of WS shakes. The Vanilla JM shake is pretty blah, even if I add 2 packets of stevia to up the sweet. The chocolate JM shake isn't too bad. Neither are as good as the WS shakes though.

So far I've had breakfast {Shake & 1 cup Strawberries}, and morning snack {shake & 3oz grapes}. Just finished the snack and I'm still hungry. Not terrible hungry, but hungry. Looking forward to Lunch!

zoesmom
03-25-2014, 09:53 AM
Hi there!

I am in and out and I am sorry about that...what with various medical issues I am dealing with currently, I am unable to fully devote to the thread like usual. Luckily, maintaining.

Using JM instead of WS is fine, just make sure you are taking your vitamins and stuff...

Personally, I don't like how they changed the program up. All it does is add confusion. They've changed it several times over the past couple years (I lose slowly due to medical issues and exercise)

May I recommend looking at the Ideal Protein Alternative thread? It is a lot more active and a lot of those members use WS products. It is very similar to the Basic plan...I think.

And if you are still hungry, have another shake! 100 extra calories will not ruin your diet, but an extra 1000 on a binge eat due to hunger will! Also, check into "bulking" your shakes up, by adding pureed spinach, cauliflower, flax meal seed, and other low carb, high fiber veggies. If done right, you can't even taste it...although the look and smell is something else. :D

My favorite? 2 cups of chilled coffee, 2 cups of spinach, a pouch of WS dark chocolate shake, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 pack of sweetener....magic bullet here I come! Add ice and it is CRAZY filling! Like, can't finish it crazy filling!

dakotamidnight
03-25-2014, 12:12 PM
Well I made it through day 1 without going off plan! Last night I had to talk myself down - I was about to go raid my daughter's little debbie stash {again}.

Struggling to get my dairy in - I need to get some FF milk & use it to make the JM shake I think to just get that out of the way.

I'll check out the IP thread - I looked at that plan a bit & it is just enough different to confuse me lol.

dakotamidnight
03-25-2014, 10:30 PM
Day 2 done, 90% on plan. Went a little high in calories & carbs, but otherwise okay. Wasn't as hungry today except after my lunch was was still wanting something, so I went ahead & ate my afternoon snack.

FWIW, the Perfect Fit cookies that I posted about as being identical to WS Snack bars are pretty good. The chocolate chip is better than the White Chocolate macadamia nut though. The Chocolate Chip almost tastes like a chewy chipsahoy, but has a powdery aftertaste. They also have Peanut Butter ones but can't speak as to those as I'm allergic.

I posted in the IP daily thread & pretty much got ignored, so think I will stick around here even if it's not that busy.

zoesmom
03-26-2014, 08:44 AM
LOL, that's fine. :) It was just an idea. I wasn't sure how active it was, but I know I had read up on it a lot there at one time. I never could stomach the Perfect Fit cookies. But, I HAVE found alternative recipies to make my own stuff...sometimes using protein packets...and sometimes not.

What are you trying to stick to with calories/carbs/protein/fats, if I may ask?

wonderwoman33
03-26-2014, 05:22 PM
Finally a forum for Wonderslim!!! lol I get my first shipment tomorrow. I am so excited. I have a lot of weight to lose but I am so tired of being over weight I am ready for the challenge. I need so much motivation but I am so willing to give it in return.

dakotamidnight
03-26-2014, 08:10 PM
I'm trying to stay between 1200-1500 cal, 120-165g protein, 120-150g Carbs, and around 25g fat. More towards the lower end of that.

Today was a bust. Started off okay, but then I got stuck away from home for 4 hours due to a massive rain storm. When I got home I was super super hungry - ate my lunch with extra meat / protein since I missed my morning shake & fruit, then snack, then plowed my way through an entire bag of Pirates Booty chips & a box of little debbies. And I'm still hungry.

I think I am going to take a couple of days & eat up all the trigger foods I have at home. Then hop back on WS.

soontobe140
03-27-2014, 10:08 PM
I'm new to this site, and this is my first post, so I hope I'm posting in the right place..

I'm thinking about doing a liquid diet, and so far WonderSlim seems to be the best product for me. However, I want to make modifications to my meal plan, and I hoping for some advice and opinions from others!

This is the meal plan:
Shake One at 2:30
Shake Two at 5:00
400 Calorie Dinner at 8:00
2 Liters of water daily

I know this is really restrictive, but I wouldn't be using this meal plan for longer than two months. I was on hCG a month ago, consuming 500 calories a day, and I had no problems with the low calories. I lost 15lbs in a month!

Summersweety
04-03-2014, 08:07 PM
Getting my order on Saturday, starting on Sunday. Can't wait!

Summersweety
04-06-2014, 08:24 AM
Starting today!

Summersweety
04-06-2014, 09:00 AM
Just had the Mocha Cream shake. I can't believe how good it is! I am glad that I picked it as my first WonderSlim meal.

zoesmom
04-06-2014, 09:03 PM
I'm new to this site, and this is my first post, so I hope I'm posting in the right place..

I'm thinking about doing a liquid diet, and so far WonderSlim seems to be the best product for me. However, I want to make modifications to my meal plan, and I hoping for some advice and opinions from others!

This is the meal plan:
Shake One at 2:30
Shake Two at 5:00
400 Calorie Dinner at 8:00
2 Liters of water daily

I know this is really restrictive, but I wouldn't be using this meal plan for longer than two months. I was on hCG a month ago, consuming 500 calories a day, and I had no problems with the low calories. I lost 15lbs in a month!

Make sure, if you are doing this, to get greens/veggies in. like snack on broccoli or celery or lettuce or kale or something.

600 calories a day is VERY restrictive, and if you don't have a doctor monitoring you, it can create health issues. A couple of days here or there won't have any lasting health effects, but substaining it for any length of time, even two months, can cause problems to your heart, lungs, kidney, gallbladder, liver, metabolism, mental health, insulin levels, and so on. Even the smallest person, just to SURVIVE (this means all they do is sit or sleep all day and do NOTHING else) still needs a bare minimum of 800 calories. Factor in going to the bathroom, eating (yep, that burns calories!), going to work, driving, playing with kids, walking the dog, cooking dinner, and you will find you are starving yourself. Which means you will quickly gain that weight back when you go off plan...and it won't be just water weight. It will be fat as your body had just went through "starvation" and will quickly adapt to make up for any future "famines" it may find itself in. Unlike muscle mass, fat mass is bulky, so even if you only gain 5 pounds of the lost 15, you may appear and feel bigger as when your body is in starvation mode, it digests amino acids, which is only found in muscles and complex proteins. And since we can't pick and choose what muscles we want it to attack, it could very well go after your heart. It only takes 2-4 weeks for our bodies to adapt to changes...so two months can create havoc on your metabolism.

My advice? Get with your doctor and stay strictly monitored if you are going to eat less than 950 calories a day. The IP plan has members eating 3 packets a day, consuming 4 cups of veggies, and 6-8 ounces of lean meat. That puts them at roughly 850-950 calories a day. Just food for thought.

Summersweety
04-07-2014, 01:42 PM
Day 2! I stayed on plan yesterday and I absolutely love everything I had from Wonderslim! Love the Spicey Cheese and Pasta. I just had the creamy peanut butter bar and it was awesome. Haven't gotten much exercise yet, but yesterday we cleaned the cellar which was a lot if up and down the stairs carrying heavy boxes, so I think that counts, and today I chased a student around the playground for a while. Tonight is salmon with some spinach.
I have a question. How often do you all weigh yourselves? I tend to get obsessed with the scale, often weighing myself in the middle of the night if I get up for any reason. Then again when I get up in the morning.
Do you weigh yourself everyday, or once a week?

zoesmom
04-08-2014, 09:13 AM
Day 2! I stayed on plan yesterday and I absolutely love everything I had from Wonderslim! Love the Spicey Cheese and Pasta. I just had the creamy peanut butter bar and it was awesome. Haven't gotten much exercise yet, but yesterday we cleaned the cellar which was a lot if up and down the stairs carrying heavy boxes, so I think that counts, and today I chased a student around the playground for a while. Tonight is salmon with some spinach.
I have a question. How often do you all weigh yourselves? I tend to get obsessed with the scale, often weighing myself in the middle of the night if I get up for any reason. Then again when I get up in the morning.
Do you weigh yourself everyday, or once a week?

I am a math person. I like to see what stuff does to my body so I can accurately measure my progress. So I weigh twice a day. And I log those numbers on a spreadsheet. Here's the thing though, I DON'T care if the number goes up. Just as long as the overall tread is down. My "official" weigh in is always on Monday.

Rule of thumb, if you weigh daily, DO NOT DWELL ON THE NUMBER! It WILL go up, stay the same, drop 2 pounds, or only .1 pound. In fact, weekly weigh ins can have the same effect. Remember that weight loss is NOT linear, our bodies adjust and part of that adjustment makes our weight go wonky sometimes.

A better method to see how you are doing is to take up the tape measure. How do your clothes fit? How do you feel?

The scale measures weight loss...which can be fat loss, muscle loss, water weight loss, bone loss, ect.

The tape measure on the other hand mainly measures fat loss.

And isn't fat loss the real goal? ;)

zoesmom
04-08-2014, 09:14 AM
OH! And IF you exercise, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AN EXTRA SHAKE! Trust me on this :) You'll stall out otherwise. EAS Carb AdvantEDGE is a good one (I prefer the vanilla personally)

Summersweety
04-08-2014, 03:57 PM
Thanks for your reply. I am going to start working out again so I will definitely add a shake. I am measuring myself today. I know my weight is always more at night so I don't worry when I see a gain there because I know it will usually be lower the next morning. My official weigh in day will be Sunday. Thanks for your thread giving your opinions on the different meals, bars, and shakes for Wonderslim. It was a great help when I placed my order.

Summersweety
04-09-2014, 10:11 PM
Day 4, things are going pretty good! My only slip up was having a few too many rice cakes yesterday, but it's better than a bag of chips! My sister and I are having a contest to see how has the biggest percentage of weight loss by June 1st. The loser has to give the winner $100 towards a new outfit.

Summersweety
04-14-2014, 06:56 AM
weigh in this morning, lost almost 8lbs! I have been staying on plan and should be able to until Easter when I plan in going off a bit, but just at dinner. No appetizers or anything before. I am so Happy!
Hope everyone has a great week.

Summersweety
04-14-2014, 01:19 PM
ok, not too keen on the tomato soup, but I add veggies to it so it's not so bad. Not sure if I will order it again.

catsnscraps
06-29-2014, 11:24 PM
Hi! Just ordered some Wonderslim but am very confused by their "plan". I have been doing Medifast on and off since last fall and have lost about 25 pounds on it but I would like to try Wonderslim to help the budget. I still have a bunch of MF stuff that I need to use so I thought I would start with subbing a few WS items. My favorite MF items are the cereal, oatmeal and bars and I am almost out of those so I ordered the WS bar variety pack, both types of cereal and also their general variety box with a little of everything to try.

I love how easy it is with MF-- I just pick any one of their items (except the clearly defined snacks) for my 5 meals. I can have Mashed potatoes for breakfast and pudding for the next 4 meals if I want. I am confused by the WS plan which seems to define the items differently and it seems like they are not interchangeable. I prefer to keep shakes/drinks to a minimum because they are harder to prepare and I like to eat actual food that I have to chew. I am looking at their "core" plan but it looks like the cereal and oatmeal are not even used on that? And the "premium" plan is very confusing because it adds 2 more WS meals but only eliminates one starch and 2 veggies which don't seem like the nutritional values really add up.

Can anyone help make this less confusing? :dizzy:

zoesmom
06-30-2014, 11:32 AM
LOL - main reason I parted with it. I still use the shakes and I still use the bars, but I mainly do my own things, counting calories and using these products for last minute grabs or after workout routines. WS just got TOO big! When I first started, there was ONE plan. Now...I think there is like 15? It is crazy! So...if you are following MF currently, you can EASILY sub WS products in place (originally it follows MF to a "T"). A lot of folks use these products as subs for IP. so, make it your own. As long as you stick with it and keep your calories within your TDEE range, it will work :)

Good luck!

catsnscraps
06-30-2014, 05:18 PM
LOL - main reason I parted with it. I still use the shakes and I still use the bars, but I mainly do my own things, counting calories and using these products for last minute grabs or after workout routines. WS just got TOO big! When I first started, there was ONE plan. Now...I think there is like 15? It is crazy! So...if you are following MF currently, you can EASILY sub WS products in place (originally it follows MF to a "T"). A lot of folks use these products as subs for IP. so, make it your own. As long as you stick with it and keep your calories within your TDEE range, it will work :)

Good luck!

Thanks! I will just have to figure out what to have when. I would like to still keep things under 1000 cal a day and as close to low carb/high protein as I can. I lost about 50lbs on South Beach and just needed something more structured for the last 50. MF has worked for about 25 of those but with a child going to college in the fall I need to cut the $$$.

FattyFatFat
07-30-2014, 12:34 PM
I think cost is probably the biggest setback for almost any of these plans. I try to catch them whenever they have a special going on or if I can find special discount codes online.