Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 08-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 238/203/140

Height: 5'4

Default Mini Goal & a NSV!

Okay first off, I hit a mini goal with yesterday's weigh in! The mark was for 50 lbs, but weigh in brought me to a total of 51 lbs lost

But I had been expecting that one for this weigh in, and while it was amazing to see it on the scale finally, I had an unexpected NSV that super brightened my day way more than the number on the scale did.

I was over at family dinner(family does it every Sunday), and my grandma had bought these jean capris for my mom, a size 10. I was totally joking around that I could probably fit them by now, but I wasn't really serious b/c wow they looked waaaay too small for me. My grandma didn't think I could, tho, which made me want to prove her wrong lol.

So I went to try them on. When I was pulling them up, I just kept thinking 'there is no freaking way, these are not big enough, oh god what am I doing I'm gonna have to go out there and say nope, still too big for them', but then they went up no problem & buttoned & zipped, and jfc they fit *perfectly*. Not tight or anything, and I could move just fine in them.

So yeah! Looks like I can wear 10s now Though it makes me wonder if I'll ever be able to adjust my perception on what clothes I think I can or cannot fit, you know? Even the 12s I've been wearing, I take one look at them and think not a chance, or shirts smaller than XL I assume there's no way in heck will that fit me. And when I see my old clothes, it still strikes me initially that those are my size.
versace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:08 PM   #2  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Very awesome!

I think we all have the same issue with our new sizes. I have no idea when we get over it lol.
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/220

Height: 5'10"

Congrats! I cannot imagine being a size 10! I think it's common for people to have a skewed view of what they look like/how big they are. I haven't lost enough weight to make much of a difference but I know I tend to pick up clothes and think they are too small when in reality they fit just fine or are slightly too big. I've been this size for a few years... I'm sure ill be in denial when I lose enough to go down a size.
JeniH is offline   Reply With Quote