Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-23-2013, 11:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/220/160

Height: 5'10

Default Teenage Weight Problems

Hi, so im going to say a brief history of me. I am 15 and a girl, currently going into my sophomore year. My family is genetically tall with a very low metabolism. When I was 7 I started having stomach issues. It felt like my stomach was being pulled out of place and I was having terrible stomach cramps. After about a week of this I started not being able to keep any food down after I ate. My parents took me to the doctors and they said it was just the flu. Yeah rite!thank you? . This kept going on until I had to go to the doctors for IV nutrients (kept vomiting everything). Anyways, after 2 whole freaking years of this, including 3 months of hospitalization, 4 feeding tubes, not eating basically anything for a year,doctors not being able to figure this out, my parents took me to Colorado so I could see a very prestigious doctor at a severe aid institution. After being there for about 2 months the doctor wouldn't see me and I couldn't be institutionalized because our insurance didn't cover it. So we flew home and saw this nurse practitioner who happened to work for one of my previous doctors, and they did another upper and lower GI. They found something because when they were done they said I had Gastroparesis and a hernia. The nurse practitioner said it was all started because of a new strand of flu. The freaking flu.....Anyways I was treated and given a crap load of antibiotics. But this still didn't prevent the occasional vomiting when I over ate (at this point I was probably still like 15 pounds under weight). I guess I was so used to vomiting from 3 years of it, that after I ate I felt like I could just over eat once and a while, then make it up by vomiting. Of course my parents noticed we went back to the doctor and I was diagnosed with Bulimia. It didn't really take me that long to stop the "purging" because I realized what I was doing could ultimately kill me (I was 13 at this time by the way). But after I stopped vomiting I started to gain weight. Since I could actually eat I started enjoying food more, soon the entire focus of my day was "what can I eat next". Well I kind of started to notice the weight gain a lot more, I had to buy new cloths, I couldn't run as well. So I talked to the parents and I guess they decided it would take "professional" counselling to get me to stop over eating. Went to the therapist and then also started to go to a nutritionist. I eventually decided that I really would like to lose weight and to do it I would have to change my life style. Well, that was 2 freaking years ago. I have managed to lose 5 pounds, with growing about a foot so I look A LOT skinnier. My main problem is that I eat too much. I exercise plenty and am a lot stronger than I was, I just want to be healthier. My goal is to weigh 194 by November 15th (that's 2 pounds a week). I will do this by eating less, specifically a high protein and fiber diet low simple and complex carbohydrates. I am also completely motivated to lose this weight not only to look beter and feel more confident, but to work my way to the weight requirements for joining the marine corps, which WILL be my career because I will NOT let my weight get in the way of my life. I wish I would have realized this sooner but it's better late then never. I will post updates and from experience tips. Thank You for reading! Sorry it was so long.
Anonymus123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:57 PM   #2  

You will find plenty of support and friends here at 3FC.

You can do this!
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:07 AM   #3  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Hey there Anon...I am familiar with Gastroparesis. (Terrible!) However, I would like to ask you, have you ever been evaluated for a connective tissue disorder? Your post has some similarities to a CTD, like mine, Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. I hope you'll consider checking it out, just in case. (If you have an further issues that is. I am not a doctor and am not diagnosing anything, just saying it sounds familiar to me )

Best of luck on the weight loss! I'm sure you'll do great.

Last edited by MauiKai; 08-30-2013 at 04:18 PM.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #4  

In reply to Mauikai. i'm not sure, I do have scars from a long time ago though. The time I was nine and fell of my scooter, I completely tore the skin off my elbow and I can still see the big scar. Also I fell out of a true last year and stabbed. scrapped my back on a branch (No joke). I also have little scars on my knuckles from karate that have been there for as long as I remember. Are those symptons?
Old 08-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #5  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Depends on what the scars look like. CTD scars usually end up atrophic, but not always.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #6  
Nutritionally Challenged

S/C/G: Ew

Welcome Anon! I just wanted to say that you're making a good decision to lose weight as young as you are. I was so the opposite at your age and I regret not losing weight until now. Don't spend your youth being unhealthy! Good luck and I hope someone here has advice concerning your medical questions.
LordieBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:48 PM   #7  

Thanks! I have successfully completed 2 days without overeating! So pumped, I also feel better (physically and emotionally). I have also successfully completed my first day of school. LOL I know that sounded kind of like am in kindergarten but making a good first impression with people and your teachers is really important. I just moved to a new school, people for some reason are Much more Friendly here. I will try to keep updated info!
Old 08-27-2013, 10:41 AM   #8  
BELIEVE

S/C/G: 215/---/145

Height: 5'8

Minus the medical obstacles, I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I'm also a teen who needs to lose about the same amount of weight, and I can second what most have said. Keep working at getting your eating in check while adding healthy alternatives when you get hungry. Also try and pick up a bit more exercise, every bit will help. If you can, try and get a friend or whoever to motivate you and maybe do some stuff with you, that is making all the difference for me so I'm sure it could help others too. You got this!
KillerBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #9  

Third day success on my life style change. I am not going to weigh until Friday because I used to weigh every day and when I was up on water weight I would be all moody. So if I weigh once a week I will either be extremely happy, or extremely motivated to loose more weight.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:15 PM   #10  

One more day then I weigh. So on Friday night I should post how much weight lost.