Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 08-22-2013, 10:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 218/180/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Frustrated!!!

This is honestly no big deal, but it frustrated me and I need to vent.

I only eat Ezekiel Sprouted Grain Low Sodium bread. I ran out, so I went to the store to pick some up along with a few other things this evening. And of course they were out of it. Not only were they out of the Low Sodium variety, they had NO Ezekiel breads AT ALL. However, if I wanted crap white bread there are dozens of varieties of that. Ugh.

Lately this store has been running out of so many things. I think I'm going to have to find somewhere else to shop. It's just getting so inconvenient.

Hubby and I are supposed to make a trip to Whole Foods this weekend (it's about a 20 minute drive, as opposed to a 5 minute drive to this other store). Hopefully we have a better experience at Whole Foods. I've never shopped there before. Hubby has worked at the grocery store close to home for the past 7 1/2 yrs so that's been where we've always shopped.

Thanks for reading. I feel a little better.
AngieRR1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:23 PM   #2  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I feel your pain. I HATE taking the time to make a list, go to the grocery store, and then find out they're out of something I need! And it seems like almost every time I go to the store, they're out of SOMETHING on my list.

Grocery shopping is bad enough, but to have to go again in the hopes you can get the 1 thing you still need because the store was out is aggravating.

I'm almost to the point I might try the home delivery service - 2 of the local chains have started it here. Yes, I hate grocery shopping that much.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:02 AM   #3  
*Shakes fist at regain*

S/C/G: 150ish/ 114 / 109

Height: 5'

Ha, I feel your pain! The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago with Ezekiel bread. That item was the reason I went shopping, and they were out.

My store put up a sign though, explaining Ezekiel stock would be low/missing because Ezekiel had a fire at their factory. My store has some in stock now though, but noticeably less than they'd usually have on hand.

Hopefully WF will have some.
crispin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:39 PM   #4  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Seeing as I only eat Ezekiel bread also, preferable the Low Sodium (but I'll take the regular if that's all they have) I completely understand your frustration! I have taken to buying more than one loaf at a time and freezing the second -- well worth it!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 218/180/150

Height: 5'6"

I am in grocery heaven today, ladies! Hubby didnt want to make the drive to Whole Foods today (predictable, lol). We decided to check out a different store in the same chain we normally shop at, still very close to home, but in a VERY upscale area. OMG. The amount of natural foods they have compared to the other store is staggering!!! Their produce section is amazing!!!! My husband is even thinking of trying to transfer to this other store because of the organization and quality of their work. Actually, now that I think about it, it's kinda sad that I'm this happy over grocery shopping. Lol.

And yes, I got my Ezekiel Low Sodium bread.
AngieRR1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 234/153/138

I understand what you mean, we moved to Texas over a month ago, used to live in the mountains of northern Calif., where we barely had one small grocery store, and the choices here are unbelievable, we hardly have scratched the surface. The normal, regular stores have wonderful produce, fresh and prices aren't bad at all. Costco barely half an hour away, used to drive over 2 hrs. to get to one. Even my husband likes to go to the grocery store now........
results not typical is offline   Reply With Quote