20-Somethings - ~*Sexy For Halloween 2013 Challenge!*~

Pages : [1] 2

Riestrella
08-20-2013, 07:42 AM
:badbat:Welcome to Riestrella's Sexy for Halloween Challenge:badbat:

If you’re like me, you might have been slacking over the summer holidays. Too many nights out, too many desserts and lets not get started on all the junk I had over the last 2 weeks. So it is time once again for my annual Sexy for Halloween challenge!! You might have hid away that body for bikini season (is it over yet?) but you are about to embark on a journey that will have the jaws dropping come Halloween night. THAT'S RIGHT! Want to dress up as a nurse? Be a SEXY (slutty) nurse. Want to dress up as a cat? Be a SEXY (slutty) cat. Want to dress up as a TARDIS? Be a…sexy…TARDIS?? Anyway, the point is this challenge is for those who are serious about losing some pudge to slip on something a little bit smokin’ awesome for Halloween. Please note that you don’t HAVE to be planning to wear a Halloween costume, this is just a good incentive to kick some flabby arse and lose weight.

What do you have to do?

Slap your name on the spreadsheet, put your goal weight over on the right hand side AND THAT’S IT! I’ll do the rest, seriously…I will... so don’t you be touching anything else! That’s right sweet heart step away from the lbs lost column I see what you’re trying to do.

Each week you weigh in. "What day?" ANY DAY! Monday – Sunday. Weighed in a little bit lighter but it’s not your official weigh in day? Official weigh in day can go SUCK IT because you weighed a little bit lighter and you can change your weight as long as it’s before Sunday. Hells yeah!

Planning on going away during the time between now and Halloween? No problemo munchkin, simply put a “-“ in the cells where your holiday is, right click the cell and add a NOTE not a comment. I repeat a NOTE NOT A COMMENT. Comments get all moved around when people drop out of the competition. If you add a comment and I delete it then it's your own fault for not reading the rules.

If you fail to weigh in for more than 2 weeks you will be moved to standby. "But wait, I wasn’t ready to leave!" I hear you cry. Don’t worry my sexy candy panda, just come back into the thread and say WHADDUP BRO PUT ME BACK IN THIS GAME YO. Or something similar.

"But wait I just saw this and you guys are already being epic and losing weight, can I join?" Of course you can! Add in your weights if you have 'em and come on in!

ARE YOU READY?! Of course you are. LET’S FREAKIN’ DO THIS LIKE IT’S 2013!!

--->Sign up to the challenge HERE!!<--- (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnPOc0Ik0vsYdDU4RTB5RC1KZzN6WC1NSUQ3NDNBO Xc#gid=0)

Sarahlynn
08-20-2013, 08:22 AM
I've never done a challenge on 3fc so I am very excited to join in!

jessica2231
08-20-2013, 09:48 AM
Oh I FREAKING Love you Riestrella! Lets do this! Challenge time!

jackiedavis87
08-20-2013, 09:59 AM
oh dear!!

i always join these, but BY GOD this time i am sticking it out!!
sexy maid costume here i come!

cheeriloos
08-20-2013, 10:07 AM
Done! Yes! What an awesome spreadsheet btw :encore:

namaste984
08-20-2013, 10:39 AM
I'm signed up! Onederland by Halloween! :)

MrsDeenz
08-20-2013, 10:54 AM
I won't be here for Halloween but I'll hopefully (crossing fingers and toes) reach my goal weight before I leave for vacation on 10/28!

momof3preemies
08-20-2013, 11:11 AM
YAY!!! signed up and ready to Rock this!!!!!

Rated
08-20-2013, 02:37 PM
Riestrella you always make such wonderful challenges that I start and never finish. Well I am signing up and finishing this time!

momof3preemies
08-20-2013, 05:09 PM
who is Versace? lol going to confuse my self that's my last name lol...I'm assuming maybe your last name too??????

versace
08-20-2013, 11:29 PM
momof3preemies: That would be me LOL
It's not my last name, but heeey, nice to meet you, fellow Versace..!

Riestrella
08-21-2013, 12:24 AM
Welcome everyone! Thank you for signing up! It's great to see some old faces around here, even if you guys haven't finished one of these before I have faith that you can hang in this time around! My previous challenges have all been 20 week challenges, which is a LONG time to keep track, so hopefully with this one being 10 weeks people can hang in there for Halloween!

Changergirl
08-21-2013, 02:42 AM
I'm in.

I will get to a normal body weight (according to bmi) by the end of this challenge!!! And that's actually lower than my current goal by less than a kg!! Halloween also marks day 365 of my 'new lifestyle' so it'd be awesome to get to normal in a year!!

jackiedavis87
08-21-2013, 07:36 AM
this contest has come at just the right time, i have been plateaued for 5 weeks, but I'm very proud of myself because i never stopped eating right or running, and in that time Ive gone from 2.1 miles a day to 2.7 so far. and FINALLY the weight is starting to fall off!!! 153.6 this morning but my weigh in will be Sunday so it may be better yeaya!!!

momof3preemies
08-21-2013, 10:02 AM
Versace- LOL yeah I just went on the chart to check to see if i entered my stuff right and i was like wait what haha very cool though nice to meet ya!

momof3preemies
08-21-2013, 10:04 AM
whats even funnier is the last two are sarah versace which is my full name haha...going to be a fun group!

KellinaKatrina
08-21-2013, 01:44 PM
I'm currently doing the 4th of July to Halloween challenge but think I'll sign up for this one too! My goal in the other was to hit 170 but I'm hoping to crush it and hit 166 (60lbs gone!) Or maybe even less! Can't wait to be sexy this Halloween! Well, a very pretty Alice is what I'm hoping to go for! :)

Dottington
08-21-2013, 01:57 PM
Awesome! Thanks Riestrella for making this challenge :) I've been thinking about being Pamela Anderson from Tool Time, which requires a mid-driff bearing top ;) I'm not set on it though, but I do want to be something sexy!

Dreamer2012
08-21-2013, 05:33 PM
I'm in :)

Andi24
08-22-2013, 10:44 AM
I'm in!

graciey
08-22-2013, 12:29 PM
Popped my name on too, hopefully being in a challenge will motivate me!

Addicted
08-22-2013, 04:50 PM
i Will Finish This

namaste984
08-22-2013, 09:00 PM
I think someone may have put away bars on my chart, as far as I know I will not be away over the next few weeks, lol! I removed them, but if I deleted something that needed to stay there I'm sorry! :)

Mara
08-23-2013, 10:23 AM
I have never signed up for one of these challenges with the spreadsheet, but my bday is November 1st and I am going to be 30 this year, so I would like to jumpstart my scale. :)

Riestrella
08-23-2013, 10:20 PM
Last weekend before the challenge begins! I weighed in again at 156.5 lbs today so I put it in as my weight for the beginning of the challenge. I've been sick this week (again) so I either hadn't been eating or eating ready meals since I was too drained to cook. But I'd only gained 0.2 lbs since the beginning of the week.

Are you guys ready to begin??

Mara
08-23-2013, 11:39 PM
Yes! Let's do this thing! (Sorry, I just watched Ratouille. Lol)

I do have a question. Do we just post our weight for the week or do we fill it in on the spreadsheet? I want to make sure I do it right. :)

Riestrella
08-24-2013, 12:42 AM
Yes! Let's do this thing! (Sorry, I just watched Ratouille. Lol)

I do have a question. Do we just post our weight for the week or do we fill it in on the spreadsheet? I want to make sure I do it right. :)

That's what it's there for ;p. You can post in the thread too if you want, this is where the usual chit chat happens.

Dottington
08-24-2013, 12:48 AM
So ready! :D

Mara
08-24-2013, 01:40 PM
Thanks!

rainbowstripe
08-25-2013, 02:46 AM
Alright! Doing a challenge because I've been inactive on here for a little too long (which is also inactivity in all things weight loss related). Definitely might be a bit of a gap somewhere round 8th September for a week or so, that's when I'll be moving to Canada, but I'll try to check in as often as I can! Let's do this!

Riestrella
08-25-2013, 08:20 AM
Welcome, rainbow! So happy to see you here!

Kay7jay
08-25-2013, 03:24 PM
oh yay! I'm going to be seeing my long distance girlfriend the weekend before halloween so this is perfect :) I love these awesome spreadsheet challenges! Now to find my scale and actually start keeping track like a good girl again, sigh. :carrot:

Heche27
08-25-2013, 04:13 PM
I was just talking about yesterday how I wanted to be able to dress up for Halloween this year in something that I like. So excited for this!

Riestrella
08-25-2013, 10:34 PM
And we are a GO!

I really wanted to weigh myself this morning, but completely forgot to until I had eaten my cereal -_-. I need to get back into the habit of weighing again! Today I'm hoping to get back into a healthy eating/exercising routine. I started blogilates a few days ago, but then of course I got SICK so now I need to kick myself up the bum and do more!

I spoke to my parents last night on Skype, man I never thought I'd get homesick but I really miss them! I can't wait to see them over Christmas, I hope I can be in the 140s by the time Christmas arrives so I can show off a bit to my friends and family. Time to get out of this stall and back into the 140s! 140s = HEALTHY! 150s = LAME AND OVERWEIGHT!

Kay - That's awesome! Perfect timing indeed. How long have you been together?

Heche - Then you've come to the right place! What sort of outfit do you want to wear?

rainbowstripe
08-26-2013, 02:50 AM
Rie Feel you on the weighing habit! My starting weight is actually from a week ago, so I need to get back into the habit - my routine got a little screwy when I moved to my sister's but I have two weeks left here to get back into a good routine!

jessica2231
08-26-2013, 09:44 AM
Morning everyone. We have completed week 1 yay! :)

Kay7jay
08-26-2013, 02:41 PM
We haven't been together very long at all, we were avoiding titles completely since we live across the country from one another but finally gave in and are going to try to make it work. This will be our first time seeing each other since making things official, yikes. Great added incentive though!
It's awesome that you can Skype with your family, definitely just makes you want to be with them that much more though!!

dehtripper
08-26-2013, 03:08 PM
Alright, I haven't done a challenge yet but I think its about time. I probably won't actually go out in a sexy costume but I might just have to try one on just because can. I've had a stick up my butt about sexy costumes for many years and I'm just going to get over it!!

Dottington
08-26-2013, 05:59 PM
Is anyone doing any new kind of exercise routine/program for this challenge? I've always been an avid hiker, but I'm really trying to get into trail running now, its so hard though!

kisskiss
08-26-2013, 06:05 PM
Hi all, I just added my name to the excel sheet. Hope that I can join! I really want to wear a sexy outfit for halloween. Last year i was a gypsy, and I'd like to do that again this year :D
dottington: I hike! I love it. I've tried trail running too, but running isn't my fave exercise.

versace
08-26-2013, 07:03 PM
Ahh, yesss, 2/20 lbs down now, with 18 left to go :carrot:

Dottington: Oh man, I love hiking, and trail running sounds like so much fun, but with my luck I am so sure I'd end up tripping on something if I tried it lol.

But I've been gradually getting back into running this past month, so now I'm going to be making sure I always run at least 3 times a week, and try to hit 7 miles each go.

namaste984
08-26-2013, 08:05 PM
Dottington: I just recently started running every day and doing cardio/strength combos every other night. Those cardio/strength combos are hardcore! I am always so sore afterward! (Basically what that entails is circuit machines and free weights, work on arms, shoulders, and abs one night and legs, butt, thighs, and chest the next night. Then I follow it up with 25 minutes on the bike. The whole cycle lasts 30-40 minutes, depending on how hardcore I am on my strength training. It's a lot of work but it got my butt in gear and prevents me from plateauing... most of the time.)

Riestrella
08-27-2013, 09:06 AM
Thought of the day: NEED TO DRINK MORE WATER!!! SERIOUSLY, RIE JUST DO IT!!

rainbow - Good luck with getting back into a routine! You can do it =).

jessica - Actually...week 1 has just begun!! Hehe, the date on the spreadsheet is the beginning of the week!

Kay - Ahh, the nameless relationship that turns out to be for real! That's how my relationship started, still together after 4 years. Distance can suck, from experience, hope you can wow her when you see her next! What's your plan?

dehtripper - Wear something you feel comfortable with! But try something on that you wouldn't think to wear and you might be surprised with how awesome you feel!

dott - I wish I had access to trails to go hiking! I love it. I'm doing blogilates beginners calendar just to give something new a go!

kisskiss - Welcome!

versace - Congratulations! You're kicking behind already!!

jessica2231
08-27-2013, 09:20 AM
Riestrella oh hahahahha I guess I need to change it then lol I thought we started last week. my starting weight needs to be changed lol. to funny

Riestrella
08-27-2013, 09:37 AM
Riestrella oh hahahahha I guess I need to change it then lol I thought we started last week. my starting weight needs to be changed lol. to funny

Well last week was your starting weight and this week is how much you've lost from last week to this week. So I guess the starting weight column is the unofficial week 1?? Confusing!

jessica2231
08-27-2013, 09:43 AM
Well last week was your starting weight and this week is how much you've lost from last week to this week. So I guess the starting weight column is the unofficial week 1?? Confusing!

Oh ok! I get it now. So no need to change anything for me. Thank you. :) :carrot:

Kay7jay
08-27-2013, 11:25 AM
versace congrats you're doing awesome!
rie your relationship was long distance also? How did you make it work? We already have a great foundation but we both have really solid lives in our respective locations (homes careers friends family etc) so if things continue to progress we might have to flip a coin to see who moves ;)

Monkeysmom
08-27-2013, 11:39 AM
I have never posted my weight publicly unless it was at the doctor's office (and even then I asked not to get on the scale anymore). I have never worn a er, slutty halloween costume but there's a first time for everything:) I know that I won't lose the 35 pounds by Halloween, but it will definitely keep me accountable!

jessica2231
08-27-2013, 11:46 AM
KAy7JAY- Hi there. Me and my Fiance' have a long distance relationship as well. He is 4 hours away. We started our relationship while being 5minutes down the street from eachother and then a little before we got engaged him and his family had to move due to being on the brink of losing there home. It has been almost 3years since he moved and even though we both find the phone annoying at times. We are actually gratefully strong in our relationship. We will probly be apart for at least 3 more years. (till we are finished with school) I feel your pain but its possible. :) We are on our 5th year of being together too! :)

Dottington
08-27-2013, 12:39 PM
Kisskiss and Versace-That's so cool how you're both into hiking too! I wish I could find hiking partners where I live lol

namaste That's an intense workout! I'm sure you get fabulous results from it :)

Riestrella Blogilates is awesome! Hope you're enjoying it :)

Monkey'smom I know its always hard for me to post my weight too, but good for you for stepping up and joining the challenge! I find challenges really help me stay accountable.

Jessica That's amazing how you and your fiance have made it work!

Soooo sore today. Attempted uphill trail running along this steep hill on one of my favorite trails near my house. I only was able to run 31% of the time(which makes me feel lame) but I know I have to start somewhere! My goal is to be able to run it straight by December!

Riestrella
08-27-2013, 10:45 PM
My weight is down a small fraction this morning, down to 156.3 lbs (-0.2), I'll take it! Today I'm going to focus on drinking lots of water and completing my workout for the day. Today is day 3 of blogilates beginners, a total body workout. It's the first cardio video today by the instructor, Cassey, so I'm curious to see how hard she works out. Pilates is great for core, but I do love a good sweaty cardio session!

---

Kay - Well my boyfriend and I started our relationship while we were around each other, then I graduated Uni and moved to the north of England. He still had a year to go so we did distance for a year. He was an 8 hour train ride away, but we tried to visit each other at least once a month. We paid half of the travel each time and took it in turns to make it fair. So...lots of visits are a must!
After a year of that he moved back to his home in America and we didn't see each other for 7 months. THAT part was tough. But, I guess it worked because we simply loved each other. There was a lot of trust, but there were times when I would feel jealous and nervous that he might meet someone better than me...I guess that's my own confidence though. Sometimes I would even get jealous that his friends got to see him and hang out with him and I was forced to email - distance can do weird things to your head!! It makes you sensitive to more than you realise, so patience is also key.
There was always something to look forward to though, I was originally going to move in with him in America but things changed and now we're both living in Japan (long story!). We don't live together right now, which sucks at times, he lives an hour away but we spend our weekends together so I see him a lot. So I guess my point is that it's always good to have a future to look forward to. If you're both really set in stone about where you live then it might be difficult for you. I always knew I wanted to move, despite having a great family and amazing friends (not many job opportunities though), so that made it a bit easier for us. I hope my experience has helped somewhat. Feel free to ask anything though, I tend to waffle off point!

Monkey - This site is definitely a good place to share your weight. It's not seen as an embarrassment (at least I don't think so) and it will make you realise that it is just a number. Good luck!

Dott - Don't feel lame, I can imagine trail runs are HARD! I struggled just running flat so don't lose heart! You have to start somewhere, I'm sure you'll improve. Did you see results with blogilates?

jessica2231
08-28-2013, 09:41 AM
Dottington- Thank you! :) So blessed.

Riestella- So agree. Must visit and keep in touch no matter how annoying your hot phone gets in the heat of the summer. lol :P

I just started school again. Wooho Microbio here I come. Study Study Study time. :)
:book2:

jaimie1980
08-28-2013, 09:50 AM
You are so dang hilarious!!!

Hoping to get to my **previous low** of 168 by Halloween! No sexy costume for this momma, but hoping for some new jeans!

namaste984
08-28-2013, 10:47 AM
Dott- It totally is but I get great results from it!

Jess- I'm going for microbio later on myself! :)

cheeriloos
08-28-2013, 10:51 AM
Down .8 this morning, down to 236.2 lb Yahoo! I hit 250 at the beginning of this month so it feels good to be headed in the right direction!!

momof3preemies
08-28-2013, 11:19 AM
So I haven't put in my weight because its the lovely time of the month and when i weighed in i was plus 1.8lbs :( so what should i do just put the gain or wait til tom is done and weigh...? advice? thanks!

cheeriloos
08-28-2013, 11:26 AM
I just post whatever the scale says that day, then when you lose it you put your new weight.

jessica2231
08-28-2013, 11:42 AM
namaste984 Nice! What is your major?

So I haven't put in my weight because its the lovely time of the month and when i weighed in i was plus 1.8lbs :( so what should i do just put the gain or wait til tom is done and weigh...? advice? thanks!

Hey love! I would suggest just putting it in. Or if its gonna bother you just put your weight before TOM. I am about to start mine to. blegh. Either way your amazing and dont worry about it. TOM comes and goes.

jessica2231
08-28-2013, 12:02 PM
I have never posted my weight publicly unless it was at the doctor's office (and even then I asked not to get on the scale anymore). I have never worn a er, slutty halloween costume but there's a first time for everything:) I know that I won't lose the 35 pounds by Halloween, but it will definitely keep me accountable!

Wow! reading your post just shot me back to 2 1/2years ago. :hug: That was me. Literally before I went to the dr and saw the scale said 255lbs!!! The only weight I could remember was 140lbs(8thgrade2002) then 220lbs(2008) freshman year of college.
I totally feel you but it felt so freeing to get out denial(i was in total denial). It also was nice to finally share it in a place that was so supportive. Everyone is literally here for us.:D Most people I dont even talk to but seeing there stories and hearing about there journies they give me hope and appreciation. They help not to feel ashamed and angry at myself. So I hope you get the same freeing feeling and healing.:carrot::carrot::dust:

Dottington
08-28-2013, 01:55 PM
Riestrella thanks :) I have trouble sticking to any kind of indoor exercise, but I do think Cassey has some really great workouts and she just seems so cool! By the way, the story of you and your boyfriend is so cute and its really amazing how you've made it work!

Jessica I start back at school next week! eep! Good luck with the studying, I imagine with your major you have to study a lot :) I noticed you live in Huntington, that's actually not too super far from me, I'm in Loma Linda.

Jaimie You can do it!

cheerilos great job!

Namaste That's great that you're getting results :) By the way, I totally love your blog!

So yesterday I took a rest day but still ate very sensibly. My weight is still dropping! Yay! Ugh I can taste the 140s! Just got back from my trail run, was a little easier today, went a bit faster(2 minutes) and ran for a minute longer! So I ran 43% of the time this time, which made me happy :) I can really feel myself getting stronger from uphill running. Eating has been really good lately, I think intuitive eating has started to become more natural for me.

Great job everyone! It's so exciting to see everyone making such great progress! :carrot:

jessica2231
08-28-2013, 02:02 PM
Dottington - One we should have a luncheon with all Southern California Ladies on here! It would be so cool to meet alot of the friends we have made on here! My Nina(Aunt) actually went to Loma Linda for religous classes and got certifications to teach catechism.

namaste984
08-28-2013, 04:44 PM
Dotti- Thanks so much! I am surprised at how popular the blog has become, guess I'm not as boring as I thought, lol. :D

Jess- I am a biology major. :) I will probably earn my Master's or Doctorate in Microbiology. I wanted to do Marine Biology until I realized there's not an ocean within a thousand miles of me! Gotta love the Midwest. :) I used to be in Health Information Technology until my mom said, just do what you want to do in college. So I chose biology. :)

I was so excited when I saw 213.6 on my mom's scale, I thought for sure I would see a lower weight on the gym scale, which weighs 2-3 lbs less until someone recalibrates it. I stepped on the gym scale and it had been recalibrated! It was the exact same weight as my mom's. Way to steal my thunder, evil scale. :mad:

I am also injured so doing lighter runs and harder cardio/strength combos, which don't require me to use the injured ankle, until it doesn't bother me as much. I just can't stand not to run, even if it's just for 10 minutes instead of 24!

shelflife
08-28-2013, 06:41 PM
namaste - woot for bio majors! My B.Sc is in microbio, and med micro and infectious disease are definitely two of the medical disciplines I find most interesting... too bad I'm a germaphobe :)

I had a late and carb-laden dinner last night and the scale was up accordingly this morning. I'm keeping today light, however, so hopefully things balance out over the next couple days! I'm bogged down with work coming at me from all angles, which is a good thing in ways, since my favorite thing to do when I'm free seems to be eating!

graciey
08-28-2013, 07:08 PM
Reading this thread has got me interested in trail running! I hike a lot but a new challenge on the same old trails sounds appealing.

Now that TOM is over I am finally seeing some movement on the scale - 167.5lbs 2 mornings in a row. I've been doing Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 DVD and I've seen changes in my shape and how my clothes fit, but it's good to finally see a number drop on the scale!

Riestrella
08-29-2013, 05:49 AM
Not much to report today! My boyfriend got back from working at a summer camp for 5 days so we spent last night together. It was so nice seeing him!! I always forget to weigh when he's around though! So I don't know how I'm doing...I did do day 3 of blogilates yesterday and I feel it a bit in my abs today. I hope I see some results with it, but I've got to get my eating in check. Desperately need to get to the supermarket...I've been eating food from the convenience store for way too long - it's not good for me!!

I also had a bit of a talk with my boyfriend too...I was sort of psyching myself to sit down and talk about the chances of getting married (I'm British, he's American so if we wanted to live in America together it's probably a good idea), but stupid me just let it slip in my stupid casual way. BUT the talk went well, he's not rushing out to get an engagement ring, but he didn't seem scared off by the prospect so I feel really relieved. He's aware that marriage is what's going to keep us together if work visas don't work out, and he's not against it and agrees with me. As much as I'd love for it to happen naturally, it's not what's going to keep us together. So..phew!

Been exchanging comments on Facebook with my sister...getting more and more excited for Christmas!! Really want to be in the early 140s by December!! But first...lose 8 lbs by Halloween!!!

---

jessica - Good luck with the studying! I don't envy you.

jaime - Welcome!! Here's to you rocking some awesome new jeans!

cheeriloos - Woohoo, good job!

momof3 - I believe I put something about this in the rules in the first post, but put it in and change it if you go down ;p. We've all been there, just drink loads of water!

Dott - I've been struggling with indoor exercise since I moved to Japan and don't really feel like running outside in a city center...but you gotta do what ya gotta do! I enjoy your hikes >_<. So happy that you're finding success in your routine! You're SO close to the 140s, you can do it! Trail running will have you RIPPED, girl!

namaste - Why not rely on just one scale? Best to weigh naked anyway! That's what I do ;p.

shelf - Good attitude to take regarding the eating, always great to balance out any over eating! Hope you can handle the work load =S.

graciey - Go for it!! And awesome job on the Ripped in 30, so glad you're seeing results!

df180
08-29-2013, 06:38 AM
I'm in!
I don't have a goal yet though

namaste984
08-29-2013, 07:24 AM
Rie- Probably best, lol. Way too much drama when you use two different scales. :D

Shelf- That's awesome! :) Way to get back in the spirit of things, keep up the good work.

211.8 this morning!!! So ridiculously close to my monthly goal and ~12 lbs until Onederland. (And almost 20 lbs for me!) So excited.

jessica2231
08-29-2013, 09:04 AM
namaste9854- I was going to go into nursng because I love science and people. Although I think I have decided to change my major to teaching. So we will see. Great job on the loss as well!! :carrot:

Riesestrella - ya i dont envy me either ahahhahaha.

jessica2231
08-29-2013, 09:05 AM
so not to much new to report. Other than Im still eating healthy and staying within my calories. I havent started excercizing again but im thinking about it. Im just at the "thinking" stage when it comes to excercize at the moment.
oh and the lovely TOM should be coming any day. blegh. lol

Does anyone else get crazy cravings or mood swings before TOM??

Mara
08-29-2013, 09:21 AM
Glad the talk went well Reistrella.

Jessica I always feel the need to eat around my TOM. I don't give in all the time, but definitley eat a little more then.

Dottington
08-29-2013, 10:51 AM
Jessica haha that would be so fun for all the socal ladies to meet! I get really moody/depressed/tried before TOM and during I want to eat everything in sight! I'm about to start as well >_<

Namaste Sorry about the ankle :hug: Congrats on the losses! You'll be in onederland before you know it :)

shelfie I hate how one meal can make the scale go nuts...but at least you know its just water weight and not to stress it!

graciey You should give trail running a try! Good job on the loss!

Riestrella Oh you must be so relieved after that talk! I'm so happy it went well for you, me and my bf have had that talk and I remember how nervous I was before, but after its like there's a lot less stress. That sucks that there aren't many outdoor exercise options for you :/ But it sounds like blogilates is going well for you!

Well, the scale is down again! 150.8 ....omg like seriously less then a lb away from being done with these stupid 150s forever! Ah! Won't get to run today, very busy day with work and driving out to LA to see my bf after :p

jessica2231
08-29-2013, 12:09 PM
Dottington- Great job on the loss! Maybe over winter break from school we can start a thread and have a luncheon at a resauraunt that would be so much fun! Ya TOM is annoying. But at leat we can hopefully make little babies. Lol :)

Mara- i put it as, I feel like I need to eat like a man. An olympic swimmer man! lol Like Michael Phelps status! Hahaha not literally but sometime my stomach thinks that around TOM. Have you ever seen how much Michael Phelps eats for breakfast alone?

Riestrella- things arent always conventional. I had a "plan" for how I was supposed to get married and so on blah blah details blah blah. But I realised school is really important to me and where I go is important for how my financial aid works. So whatever, if its meant to be then we will work our best at it and itll work out. :) best of wishes for you and your boy. :) ps when come here Southern California is great!!! Especially Orange County.

kisskiss
08-29-2013, 12:29 PM
graciey:

I did the jillian michaels shred for 60 days, and I think it helped. I'm thinking about doing it again. Is Ripped like Shred? Or harder? I really want to keep doing weights (which Shred kind of incorporated), and I can't seem to do that when I'm at the gym.

Riestrella:
Glad the talk with the Boyfriend went well :D

df180:

Welcome!!

namaste:
you're almost there!!! I loved getting to onderland, it's an exciting goal :D

jessica2231:
I don't get crazy cravings, but I tend to hold down some water weight, and then the day after TOM I'm down again. Hate how it messes with my scale :(

Dottington:

I'm in the same boat!!! I was in the 150s forever....and then today I weighed in at 147.8!!!! ahhhh!!

So I am officially normal BMI, which has been one of my huge goals. so happy! Plus, I have a doctor appointment tomorrow and I cannot wait for the doctor to see my weight loss. Last time I went was almost exactly a year ago when I had terrible back issues and I weighed in at 229. I remember the doctor being very condescending when I told her I wanted to exercise more but couldn't because of my back. So....I kind of want to be like "haha"...lol. Hope everyone is having a good week! I work at a school, and I have a four day weekend coming :D Happy day today :carrot:

namaste984
08-29-2013, 05:44 PM
Jess- Good for you! I couldn't do teaching I don't think, I do good with one on one tutoring but definitely not a whole class! What grade level are you interested in teaching?

Dotti- Thanks! It's much better today and I was able to do a longer run this morning, though I was running late so I had to keep it a bit abbreviated. :)

Kisskiss- Thanks so much! It's getting closer every day! :)
-----
I feel you guys on the TOM! I know mine is coming soon as well because I'm feeling the Pre-TOM Triad: Crabby, Hungry, and Sleepy, lol! I am feeling much better after a nap but man I wanted to eat everything in sight today! Thankfully I didn't though and kept it to a nice minimum. :)

Got some new running shoes this morning after class and MAN do they feel good! So excited to try them out, they feel like running on air! I would wear them all day if I could. :D

luvmy2girls
08-29-2013, 06:12 PM
Entered my info! Even though my husband is deployed so my Halloween night is going to be walking my girls around door to door to get candy... sexy, lol.

Atarimae
08-29-2013, 07:31 PM
Just entered my info and now I'm on my way to work.

Pretty sure everything on this page is off, since this is my first post in a few months and I may have let myself slip. :3 With the reminder that Halloween is about 2 months away...let's do this! :D

Have a great day everyone! :o

namaste984
08-29-2013, 08:14 PM
Had a bit of a workout meltdown today. I biked 2 miles and burst into tears for no apparent reason, running out of breath and everything. I swear this PMS is kicking my butt. But.... I went home and got on my dad's stationary bike and biked 10.3 miles. I have now broken short-track tri time and more importantly, outdistanced my dad. :)

Namaste: 1
PMS: 0

:)

graciey
08-29-2013, 08:22 PM
kisskiss:
I am finding Ripped is harder than Shred. It has 4 workouts rather than the 3 shred has too, which pleased me! They really are similar tho, so if you liked Shred you would like Ripped just as much! Ripped uses more weights if I remember right, I feel like I am using them more anyway.

Riestrella
08-29-2013, 10:12 PM
So...yesterday was a baaad day. My period is here and it makes me a CRAZY EATING MONSTER who eats everything in sight. I honestly always feel hungry and find it really hard to not eat. Stupid excuse, but thankfully the damage wasn't TOO bad...I went up 0.6 lbs. Today I'm going to be good and do my workout (which I didn't do yesterday - boo, Rie!) and be good with eating. Oh, and drinking water.

Anyone up for taking a before and after picture?? I take one every 5 lbs I lose so my next picture is due when I hit 155 lbs.

Oh yeah, today I'm going to ATTEMPT to take sexy pictures for my boyfriend. I made a thread recently about discovering he had pictures of hot girls (not a lot, but enough to make me feel meh about it) on his iPod...and one poster suggested taking sexy pictures so I thought "why not?" I'm a bit nervous...I'm coming on my period but today is the only day I can do it when he's not around. It's our 4 year anniversary in just over a week so I wanted to surprise him with them on the day. I hope I can get SOMETHING, it's going to be so hard trying to take them in my tiny apartment (that's cluttered with cute stuff - not entirely sexy haha) and trying to take them myself!! Wish me luck =S

---

namaste - Yeah, I would advise sticking to one scale for sure!! You're so close to onederland, it's going to be EPIC when you reach it. So jealous of your new running shoes, I love a good pair of comfy shoes. Sorry about the melt down! It happens, but GO YOU for literally getting back on it and working out hard!

jessica - As you can tell from my update, YES! Periods can affect the way you feel but it's no excuse really...us women always like to use periods to be naughty but it's not a good enough excuse. Thinking about exercise? Just DO IT!! I know what it's like to plan out what you want but sometimes you've got to do less thinking and more moving.
Thanks for your input about the talk with the boyfriend, you're right - whatever will be will be! I think we're aiming to live in New York, he isn't a huge fan of California but we'll see. It's either New York or LA so it is an option!

Mara - Thanks!

Dott - Yeah, I am so relieved! I just hope my wedding goes the way I want, not some green card quick wedding. I don't know how to say "sooo...if you DO propose can you give me a while to plan the wedding?!" haha. I'm just happy he didn't say "I don't think I want to get married" and the relationship would have to be over! So yeah, a huge PHEW moment!
OMGOOSE SO CLOSE!! I was in the 140s for a BRIEF moment before I moved to Japan, the 150s have been haunting me ever since. So I'm rooting for ya!

kisskiss - Thank you! HUGE CONGRATS ON HEALTHY! That's so awesome! And you SHOVE IT IN HER FACE how WRONG she was about you! Stupid condescending people!!

luvmy2girls - You can be a sexy chauffeur!! Haha, might be a bit inappropriate though...yeah!

Atarimae - Welcome! You can do it!

namaste984
08-29-2013, 10:50 PM
Rie- You go girl! I'm a little shy about taking sexy pics with my fiancé but definitely will when I get a little bit less flabby! My fiancé is such though that I could take a pic fully clothed after a workout and he'd think I was gorgeous. Gotta love those kind of men. :) My fiancé loves looking at models too, and yeah it sucked at first but I pretty much got over it. I just accepted it as being a part of what he liked and worked around it. I know he still likes me better and the odds of him actually getting with any of these women he follows online are approximately 100000000000000000 to 1. lol

-----
Going to call it an early night tonight if I can ever drag my butt off the PC. Got a 5-day (yes 5-day!) break from school and my parents are out of town til Monday! That is always a happy occurrence. I will try and get some running in but do a run tomorrow (I'm doing a 50-day running challenge so it would suck if I missed a day!) and chill out for the evening and go to my strength/cardio combos on Saturday evening. :) I really need a rest day since I've been going at it continuously for 17 days! :)

momof3preemies
08-30-2013, 08:21 AM
I decided to wait til this morning to enter a weight, tom is still hanging around but it's not as bad but scale read much better only lost .2 but better than a 2lb gain!!!!

I wont be around til tuesday my husbands grandfather found out he has cancer throughout his body and doesn't have much time left. So after the kids get out of school we are driving 7hrs to NY to see grandpa and the family.

I hope you all have a great weekend and congrats for all the weight lost I just looked at the chart some really good numbers!!!!

jessica2231
08-30-2013, 10:53 AM
Kisskiss- ya i gained 4lbs. and probly starting any moment now. I know its water weight and i have to keep reminding myself that.

Namaste-3rd grade or below. I love the little ladies and gents.
--Nice work on so many miles and for releiving some pent up stuff. Even if you didnt know what it was for. :) :hug:

Luvmy2girls - Welcome!!!

Rie- Im trying to avoid the grocery store because my cravings are beginning to show there ugly face. (ps i have to go grocery shopping soon unless all i want to eat is eggs and spices!) Hopefully our willpower will stay intact.
You are one brave lovely lady! I would be way to terrified to do sexy pics. lol:D

Momof3preemies-I wish you a safe and blessed trip. I hope that it goes smoothly and peacefully. P.s. i start TOM any minute now. :/

namaste984
08-30-2013, 11:30 AM
Jess- That's super awesome. I will have to teach when I get my master's, so that should be interesting, lol. I've seen the way some of the students treat my professors so I'm hoping I won't get insulted too badly.

----
Down to 209.6 today. Hit a major financial snag though since I don't seem to be getting the rest of my paycheck that the job I quit at previous owes me. I've been getting a lot of encouragement from my friends so its been helping. :) I'm still in beastmode and I'm still getting it done. I also beat my August goal just in time! :)

Dottington
08-30-2013, 02:06 PM
KisskissGreat job on the normal BMI!

namaste Great job keeping with your exercise routine! And girl, you are on FIRE with the weight loss! Enjoy your long weekend :)

Rie Taking sexy pics are so much fun! haha I know your bf will love them ;) Oooh! I really like the before and after pics idea! I'll take my before today then :) Are we going to post them when we do the afters when the challenge is done? Or do them now?

momof3preemies I'm so sorry about your husbands grandfather :( :hug: Hope you and your family get to spend some wonderful quality time together this weekend!

Ugh TOM seems to be bothering everyone this weekend, myself included >_< Away at my bfs so didn't get to weigh myself today, but when I weighed myself after work yesterday I was down to 150.6 :) Food intake was good yesterday a little bit more then my ideal amount because of TOM but only by a little. This is like, not weight loss related but I made a wonderful breakthrough yesterday in my two difficult pieces!(I'm a pianist) Its funny because with piano I improve in whooshes and its the same for me with weight loss! haha Its like I work work work and kill myself trying to improve and then one day it all makes sense and is easy. Just like how the scale will be dumb for weeks, then one day I'll just drop 3 lbs :p

Riestrella
08-30-2013, 09:28 PM
Well...I did it! I took the pictures. It was so difficult! I don't have a tripod for one, so it was really difficult trying to set up the camera on furniture. I had to set the timer, JUMP in front of camera then strike a sexy pose within 10 seconds >_<. Trying to look sexy was also a bit difficult too...some pictures were just hilarious. But I managed to take 5 shots that I was happy enough with. I really wish I had someone taking the pictures for me, it would have made my life so much easier! I'm not entirely confident with them though, before I took the pictures I had an idea of what they would look like in my head but then when I tried to act them out it just failed!!

I went grocery shopping, couldn't decide on what to eat for dinners so ended up getting bits and bobs. My boyfriend has had a tough week so I bought him a LOT of junk food so he could relax for the night playing video games! He loved the gesture. I had a few Pringles and a Sprite though, so that was naughty of me ;_;.

Today we're going to FINALLY watch Star Trek: Into Darkness (Japan gets everything so freaking late!) and then we're going to a Turkish restaurant for dinner. So yay! Hummus!! I miss hummus...

Going to cram in my workouts now before I have to get ready to go out...didn't do it yesterday either. I know, I SUCK!

---

namaste - You should try it! If he finds you gorgeous clothed, imagine his face looking at some risque pictures ;p. I know what you mean, I'm slowly starting to get used to it, I'm hoping the pictures I send will get a good reaction - kinda nervous! Definitely rest your muscles, girl!! 17 days in a row is not good for anyone! But I admire your determination nonetheless.

momof3 - Don't worry about TOM gain, it'll whoosh down soon enough! So sorry about husbands grandfather =(. *hug*

jessica - Haha, I always live by always go shopping full! Shopping on an empty stomach is a dangerous game...

Dott - I really hope he does love them!! It's entirely up to you when you post it! But I always like keeping picture records of my weightloss. I'll post mine when I get to 155 lbs, which is hopefully soon! I remember reading somewhere you were a pianist, that's so awesome! I played piano for years but never had lessons so I'm not that great - but I loved it. Do you have any videos of you playing? Congrats on the loss!

Atarimae
08-30-2013, 10:23 PM
Rie ~ Thanks for the warm welcome! Hope the sexy pics turned out well! I've never had the confidence to such things for ANYONE. Not even when I was considered "normal" :o

namaste ~ 17 days! Wow, nice job! :D Hope your financial situation clears up!

momof3 ~ Glad you saw a slight drop! TOM is not nice to me at all. Hope you see the whoosh!

Dottington ~ Ah that's so awesome! Glad to see the correlation between your piano playing and your weight loss. Great job! My sister's a pianist and gahhh, it just looks so complex!

~~

So today is my last day working at my former college's on campus job. I'm with a new school now and will have to be unemployed since, well, we're not allowed to work during student teaching (which I'm set to start next year). I'm very fortunate to have my family backing me up and essentially letting me live with them rent free, as long as I help out around the house.

I just hope this means I have more control over what we eat, esp if I have dinner duties!

Speaking of dinner, I just found out that my favorite meal at a local restaurant is over 1000 calories. 1000 CALORIES! Good gosh, I used to inhale that like it was nothing. :( I limited myself to half a portion though, since that's what I had last night. The rest was lunch. I feel a little deprived though, since my body's used to eating it all. LOL. Oh well. :P

namaste984
08-31-2013, 10:33 AM
Atari- Good luck! I totally feel you on that one--- being unemployed, that is. But I voluntarily chose it in my situation. Thanks so much for the encouragement! Yeah it kind of sucks about the financial situation especially since I was expecting something rather large financial-wise that didn't happen. Ah well, it is what it is. :)

Rie- Yes, I amped up my workouts a bit before I rested so everything was hurting, my knees, my butt, and practically everything else. The rest did my body good too. I feel much better and even lost a bit of weight. :)

-----
209.0 this morning, which gave me exactly 22 lbs lost. Super excited and much less depressed today. Could also be because I stopped my AntiD's again, which I tried for one day yesterday and that was all I could handle. I was in a MOOD lol. Thank goodness I don't need them anymore. :)

I am going apple picking with my fiancé this Sunday in Illinois, so we will be spending the day over there. Today we will hang out during the evening, so I will take the day to myself (and who wouldn't want to on a day like this?) and go driving, and do some chemistry homework. Sounds like fun right? lol

Dottington
08-31-2013, 03:00 PM
Rie Hm I think I'll post when I get into the 140s, which hopefully with be any day now! lol Oh man, I've definitely had to master the pose-and-look-sexy-in-the-10-seconds-it-takes-for-the-camera-to-take-the-picture skill before hahaha It sounds like you have a really fun night planned! I hope you like Startrek. I liked it, but I'm also a total trekie :p I do have videos of myself playing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCYp91StT4Q and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOHmXOBZ7_E Now these are OLD HAHA I haven't had to opportunity to have someone video me playing recently, so this is when I was still 180lbs T_T

atrimea Well at least your family is helping you out and being supportive during this tough financial time, and that would be really cool if you were able to make healthy dinners! That sucks about your favorite meal...I've definitely have had that shock before :/ but its better to know and although you don't feel entirely satisfied with half, eventually you will be :)

namaste so glad you're feeling better today! Apple picking sounds like a lot of fun :) i've never gone before, what's it like? Seems like the perfect fall date.

Yesterday was my rest day. Last night me and my bf walked around rodeo drive and chilled at his apartment and had some cocktails and listened to music. It was actually super super fun. I NEVER drink and neither does he, so its was kind of a big deal for us lol Feeling a bit tired today, but not hung over so that's good :p Its so warm in LA bleh I think we'll be visiting a friend, then maybe go walk around a nature preserve? Not sure still :)

namaste984
08-31-2013, 05:12 PM
Dott- Thanks! Apple picking is fun, they pull you on a cart on the back of a tractor to the apple farm, which usually not that far. They give you this thing that looks like a pitchfork with a basket on it that you use to pull apples off the tree. It takes at least 30 minutes or more to catch your bounty, because since they are out in the sun a lot and susceptible to sun, rain, bees, etc., a lot of them have spots! It's about 30 cents per bag of apples, so we usually pick 5-6 apiece and have lunch at the general store. But both of us are a little low on fundages so we'll probably grab lunch out there somewhere. My fiancé is pretty health conscious though so we will find something healthy.

-----
I have discovered the run/walk combo, and it was good. I realized that running is not something you can just throw yourself into headfirst, you have to pace yourself at the beginning so you don't get burnt out or even worse, injure yourself. Plus, the more I space out my run, the easier it is on my knees and joints! I'm running at about 3-2 now, for about 27 minutes (3 minutes ran, 2 minutes walked) and that works so much better for me than throwing myself headfirst and trying to run a consecutive mile in a week! But the good thing is, the more you exercise, the more you learn not to be stupid about it. :D

I saw my weight drop during the day, so I'm expecting a very nice loss if I'm lucky. Who knows, I may be in Onederland by the end of next month. :) I'm keeping my fingers and toes and strands of hair crossed! lol

Rated
08-31-2013, 07:29 PM
Hi everyone. I just finished getting back from a conference and now I am ready to be back into my routine. I will have to go back and read the thread as it seems this is a talkative group :) I had to post a weight gain this week, but it could be I had to eat dinner out during the 4 days of the conference and I am weighing in on a different scale now so that could also have effected the numbers.

Namaste - I agree the walk/run combo is the way to go. Less likely to get an injury and still get a good work out in.

Atari - When are you starting your student teaching? I was a student teacher about a year ago and it is tough you will be thankful that you are not working because it is harder than a full time job! Do you know what grade yet?

Atarimae
09-01-2013, 04:41 AM
namaste ~ Wow, congrats on the 22 lb loss! :) That run/walk combo sounds like it's doing you well. We're totally ready to welcome you into Onederland. So close! :D

Dottington ~ I definitely agree that I'm thankful for looking up the nutritional info. Glad I'm not tricking myself anymore. Oomph hangovers. Hope you're feeling better!

Rated ~ Welcome back! You'll be back down in no time! I definitely agree with you on the student teaching, since I'd be in the classroom 5x a week like a regular work day. I'm supposed to start sometime next year, but since I'm not in my com. college's university system, I had to ditch that job. With that said, I'm looking at lower elem. Nice to meet a fellow educator!

~~

Wow, today was tough. There was the annual Okinawan Festival in Waikiki today and well, very hard to stay on plan with everyone constantly asking if I wanted all this bad stuff. I have a weakness for andagi (Okinawan donuts), but I managed to not eat one at all. Not to mention on top of this, we had pizza for dinner. Thank goodness for Domino's spinach and feta artisan. 2 slices and salad did me well. The only worry I have is all that extra sodium!

Ugh, now I'm kind of dreading weigh-in though, since I'm using a different scale. We'll see how things go. Also really enjoying how you all talk about camera poses. GOOD GOSH I can't wait for the day I don't have to be taking pics at a certain angle to look good. :D

rainbowstripe
09-01-2013, 05:19 AM
I'm definitely not going to be able to keep up with the chat on this thread (except actually maybe when I'm settled in Vancouver, since I won't be working for a little while!) but I have been reading your posts. I've had a big weekend of farewells and so I'm dreading my weigh-in. I've barely had time to think on the right track in terms of food and exercise, so I'm kind of just hoping that with my big move comes a fresh start for me in terms of food. I'll still have a good chunk of weeks to make a loss!!

namaste984
09-01-2013, 07:41 AM
Atari- Thanks so much! I'm 9.2 lbs away! So ridiculously close! Glad I get to share it with you guys!

Rated- I agree, and amp it up at a slower pace rather than trying to go all out when you first get started. Like I said, you learn when you've been doing it for a bit that it doesn't work out all that well to work at a 1000 percent at the beginning. Start with 100 percent and go up! lol

-----
208.2 this morning! I saw it earlier in the afternoon yesterday and thought I would have a huge weight loss, but you know how Mom's scale is. You have to stand in exactly the same spot in exactly the same position or it could be off by 3 to 5 pounds. And my mom refuses to get another because she isn't using it! lol

My fiancé is being super nice and chilling for a few hours at home while I go get my run in! He and I are doing a 5K on the 22nd but he doesn't want to spend a lot of money going to the gym. (It's free for me since my parents gifted me a premium membership.) So he basically said, go and get your run in and I'll chill while you do. So excited. :)

Riestrella
09-01-2013, 08:14 AM
Howdy everyone! So yesterday I had an AWESOME day! I started out with doing blogilates, which was tough because I had to start it off with 10 burpees, which I HATE with a passion because it involves jumping into plank and I HATE PLANKS! I always envy those people who look like they're skipping through it like a breeze, I feel like an elephant bumbling around when I do them. Then the boyfriend and I went to see Star Trek which was SO MUCH FUN! I had a great time watching it, I adore going to the cinema it reminds me why I love film so much!

After that we went to meet our friends and went to a Turkish restaurant, it was GORGEOUS there. The staff were so friendly and the food was delicious. I had a flat bread with an assortment of dips (including HUMMUS, which I miss over here!), a stir fry dish that was lamb, tomatoes and vegetables with a little bit of rice and then I was bad and got a rice pudding dessert which was lovely. I'm a firm believer in you only live once so you might as well enjoy food every once in a while, so when I go out for a meal I don't hold back! It's bad for my body but good for my soul, no regrets (unless I went to some fast food place, then that's pretty shameful!)
Then we went to get drinks, unfortunately I'm a bit sick at the moment (nothing crippling right now, but want to take precautions) so I couldn't drink alcohol so I was on orange juice! Everyone else was drinking though, so the atmosphere was super relaxed and we had an awesome night. My boyfriend got a bit drunk, he always gets really funny and affectionate when he is so I enjoyed seeing that side of him =p.

Random stupidly girly note, but my boyfriend accidentally said something about marrying me the other day. He was joking around calling me special (charming, right? =p) and then I could tell it just slipped out. It took me so off guard but I was cool and didn't mention it, but it was super cute. I also dropped a hint that if we were to get married, give me LOTS of time to plan the wedding so my friends have enough time to save up to have it in America! He was all "uh huh, ok, sure" but I made sure he listened to me ;p. So...really happy with how things are heading.

Today I tidied the house and didn't have time to workout before we went out to meet someone who's shooting a music video. We went to a really famous restaurant and I had pancakes, they were spectacular. No regrets ;p. It was nice to meet up with the guy though, hopefully I'm free to help out shooting the music video it sounds like a fun idea.
When I got back I just couch potatoed it and played video games and ate dinner...usually I wouldn't eat an EXTRA meal after having a heavy lunch but I needed to eat it before it went off and I did feel kinda hungry =/.

Tomorrow I'm back to work for reals for a full week (having been off sick) so I'm a bit nervous and I'm kinda excited to be back on a normal schedule again where I know what times I can do certain things. My pledge is to not sit down and slob out but WORKOUT before I do anything when I get home tomorrow!

---

Atarimae - Glad you have a place to live that fits your financial situation. I know how you feel about fearing the dinners that are made for you...my Mum has a really bad habit of making way too much food and getting a bit defensive if someone doesn't finish it =(. It wasn't always the healthiest either. Since living away from home for 9 months, I really do miss her cooking and I intend to nom it down no complaints over Christmas! But before I would talk to her about what I want to eat, make sure that the portion is right for me and tried to suggest more veg etc. She actually was really on board for the most part, I inspired her to cook a bit more healthily. What was the dish you ate all the time? I know how you feel...I looked up a burger I used to eat all the time in the States that was 1450. I know, what was I expecting from a BURGER, 500 calories?! But still, I was shocked that the burger was almost my daily allowance. I also had fries with it and a coke...AND I ate other meals in the day. No wonder I got to 200 lbs!! Good job on resisting temptations! I salute you!

namaste - A BIT of weight?! Girl, you're down 22 freaking lbs!! That's incredible! I agree with you on the running introduction - that's EXACTLY how I started out and I ran 10K's without stopping at my prime. Everyone starts somewhere, but it will only be a matter of time before you're running miles without a strain. Why not just buy another scale? They're not that expensive, mine wasn't horrific and it does the job well.

Rated - Welcome! So nice to see you made it here! Yeah, eating out a lot does shoot up the number on the scale. But like you said, when you're back in your routine I'm sure the lbs will come off!

Dott - Wow, you're SO talented!! Thank you for sharing those videos! That sounds like you had a lovely night with your boyfriend :). I love those moments when you didn't really do much but it just feels so exciting and special.

rainbow - No problem, moving is STRESSFUL! Just pop on here and let us know how you're doing and when you're all settled in then you can really catch up =). So excited for you!

namaste984
09-01-2013, 09:23 AM
Rie- I think I will do that this week if I can. Right now money is exceptionally tight because of me quitting my horrible job not long ago and then that company stiffing me on a paycheck. I had plans with the money including that and now everything is all screwy. I may just have to use the scale at the gym for now because my gym membership is free (it was gifted to me) and so is use of the scale, and trust me, I'm there everyday! It's a pretty good scale and tends to stay consistent. :) My mom has had a weight problem all her life and she doesn't want to replace the scale because she's afraid to get an accurate weight, where I'm like, just show me one weight! :D Thanks for the encouragement by the way. :)

----
I am so excited because I am going to take a few photos of my fiancé for the transformation section on my blog and FB page, at the same place and time his before pic was taken. He has lost around 25-30 lbs and has stayed at or below his goal weight for 2 years now! I'm very proud of him and I'm soooo excited to be able to put him on my blog. He was really excited about it too. :)

shelflife
09-01-2013, 05:24 PM
Slightly up this week. Ugh! My resolve seemed to have loosened in August, particularly the last week, so I'm glad it's a new month and I can start things fresh.

Unfortunately, I'm starting the month off with a headache and TOM (probably related), and I have so much work to do. I'm in the middle of a [mandatory] clinical ethics course, which has so many time-consuming assignments. It's a long weekend, and it's beautiful... and I have an essay to write. Boo. Though I'd probably be in bed with my headache if I wasn't at my desk.
-------
Riestrella -- love the marriage slip -- so cute! Maybe it won't be too long? I've been with my BF for over 7 years. He's wanted to get married for like the last 5... but I've always been kind of meh about the whole idea. As more and more of my friends do it, though, I'm coming around, but I'm definitely an elopement kinda gal.

Namaste - you are kicking @ss! Amazing work!

rainbowstrip - are you a canadian or a kiwi? glad you've been able to get some nice goodbyes in!

Atarimae - great job with the donuts! You won't regret not having them, but you probably would regret it if you did!

Dottington - i'm another one on the TOM wagon. I know girls in college dorms cycle together, but didn't know the hormones could spread amongst gals in an internet forum :P

----
Time to get back to work :mad:

Ms A
09-01-2013, 05:41 PM
Cool, I'm definitely joining. Definitely need some motivation due to the stress that is work and college starting again. Very excited

:carrot:

Atarimae
09-01-2013, 06:52 PM
rainbow ~ No worries! We're always here for you! (Though I'll admit, usually I'm pretty silent myself.) Hope to see you settled in when you can!

namaste ~ Oh man, I have friends the same way about paying to work out! I see it as motivation, though one of my close friends see it as, "Why pay for running when you can do it for free?" which is a mentality she has for 5ks too. Glad you're staying motivated though. :)

Rie ~ It's a chili spaghetti with garlic bread. I guess I knew in the back of my mind, it was a splurge meal, but with the whole "My Fitness Pal" restricting me to 1200 cals a day, I don't think a meal that's about 1100 cals would cut it! :( Oh that burger though...burgers, they're tempting. Wow, your going out meal sounded delish! I agree that it's okay, as long it's not ALL the time! That was a cute slip-up by your boyfriend. I'd be giddy too!

shelflife ~ Hope the headaches pass! Boo on the essays! I feel you on that, since I've got a boatload to do by the end of this week for my classes.

Ms A ~ Welcome! School and work are always obstacles with weight loss.

~~

Agh. I have the worst sleeping habits ever. When I'm chatting w/ friends about things online, I tend to not notice the time. I just went from having like 2.5 hours of sleep the other night to having like, 11. x_x And now I have some homework to finish up. This week's finals week for my classes. They're all online classes and the exam proctoring is way different than it was last quarter. I hope things run smoothly!

NorthernChick13
09-02-2013, 12:57 AM
Hey guys! I just joined, a tad late! My name's Sarah and I already have my Marge Simpson yellow body suit/green dress ordered! lol it may not be sexy, but still form fitting! Haha

I am looking forward to embarking on this challenge with you! I started a 30 Day squat challenge today, because we all know Marge has a nice booty :P Let's kick @ss, team!!

Rated
09-02-2013, 01:14 AM
shelflife - It always sucks to see a gain on the scale but at least you are recommitting after a week off plan rather than months! I hate being stuck inside when the weather is beautiful, hopefully you had the chance to take a break from your essay and walk around outside.

Ms. A - Welcome! I can understand the stress with work and school best of luck and remember you need some time for yourself.

Northern Chick - What is better motivation than already having your costume ordered. Maybe try it on and take some before photos so you can see the progress you made during this challenge.

~~

I wore my bodymedia core arm band for the first time today and I love it! I am a numbers girl so being able to have a gadget count everything for me is awesome. It actually made me take my dog for a walk tonight when I didn't really feel like it, and instead of having my usual late night snack I had a diet coke (I know still not healthy but at least calorie free). I also ordered my costume last night. I have to wear it to a school which meant a lot of the costumes were off limits (too short, too low cut, or too tight). So I have decided to go as a pirate. Not too original but I think it will work. I will try it on and take a picture once it comes in.

Riestrella
09-02-2013, 06:48 AM
Week 1 Chart everyone!

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q381/Riestrella/week1_zps59d3b783.jpg (http://s349.photobucket.com/user/Riestrella/media/week1_zps59d3b783.jpg.html)

Sadiechubbs
09-02-2013, 07:20 AM
Hi everyone! I'm new here so hope it's ok that I joined the challenge even though I'm a starting a bit later! Have always found it hard to lose weight so hoping this will give some motivation!

Riestrella
09-02-2013, 07:25 AM
Well I'm regretting my words of "yolo" yesterday - stepped on the scale this morning and I'm 2 lbs UP! Need to learn to relax and have fun within reason!! I'm sure if rainbow is reading this she'll think I'm silly for ever forgetting it. I'm hoping the 158 lbs was purely down to being on my period and not drinking enough water, but it might just be because I porked out! Oh welly, I live with the consequences.

Today was my first proper day back at work. It was tough! I definitely got used to it before, because I spent most of the day feeling drained and sleepy! My eating was better today because I was mostly working, but I succumbed to a quick pasta meal when I got home. Damn pasta being bad but so tasty!

I think tonight I'm going to take it easy, get an early night, then really hit the exercise starting tomorrow. If I come back here tomorrow night saying I didn't do my workout then YELL at me!!

---

Namaste - Ahh, well fair enough! Best to use the accurate scale rather than the one that's going bust! Just checked out your blog and saw both your updates, you guys look AMAZING! Your fiance looks like an entirely different person!! Definitely inspiration! What did he do to lose the weight?

shelf - Aww, that sucks =(. Yeah, maybe soon...I hate to admit how much I want to get married...but I really do! I never thought I'd be one to feel that way, but I'm becoming such a sucker to the idea.

Ms A - Welcome!

Atari - Wow...that sounds delicious. Your calorie limit seems so low!! How did MFP calculate that??

NorthernChick - Haha, that's so funny! I love outfits that aren't sexy (I know, hard to believe since I run the sexy for Halloween challenge -_-) and are funny/creative!

Rated - I would love a GPS watch for when I run, I love knowing times and distances! Yeah, I'm in the same boat with costumes, I'm wearing a Totoro onesie for my work party this year!

jackiedavis87
09-02-2013, 07:53 AM
ok so it's been a long time since I've posted, but i read everything. it's just hard to keep up with all of you, everybody is on a roll!

well let me start with 5 years ago i was jumping on a trampoline and i swear that my knee cap popped out sideways, and of course my knee has never been the same, but i was young and stupid so i never went to the doctor. now about 2 months ago i started running, and my knee locks up a lot so i started wearing a knee brace, even though i know it weekends the joint. well everything is going fine and dandy until 2 weeks ago i literally hopped out of my truck and my knee popped out again. this time i went to the ER and they said it was sprained, but that since they didn't give me an MRI they have no idea if i have tore a ligament.
so needless to say I'm frustrated, not only have i not been able to workout for 2 weeks but now i also have bronchitis. either way i don't care, because today is the day i get back on the treadmill, my knee hasn't been swollen in 6 days so hopefully it will hold out, my lungs on the other hand are a whole other story. anyways thank y'all for allowing me to rant, apparently it's just not my month lol.

northernchick- oh we will most deff kick some a$$ lol i have a pinterest post on my page that's for motivation and it says "my feet hurt...from kicking so much A$$" its a runners quote and i love it!

riestrella- now you know 2lbs is not the end of the world, i still say yolo! lol its probably just the water weight and will probably be gone tomorrow. you're doing great

shelflife- TOM uggg! nuff said lol

ok well i'm soon to be off to work, so much for labor day, no such thing in retail :( lol

shelflife
09-02-2013, 12:34 PM
Yesterday was light because of my headache, and today the scale was down 1.6lb from yesterday morning. Obviously not all fat, but hopefully a bit, and any loss is nice to see!

It's another beautiful day, and another day to spend inside doing work. I actually was able to spend last evening reading in the hammock on my balcony. I have a river view, and it was warm so it was just lovely. The nice weather won't last too much longer, so I was just glad to be able to enjoy it a bit!

jackie - Sorry about the knee :( I have PFPS on my right, and it was really acting up a few weeks ago. I find I do alright running on a treadmill, but when I try to take it outside I aggravate it and pay.

riestrella - Just like my 1.6lb loss isn't all fat, I'm sure hardly any of that 2lbs is fat. Just get back on the horse ASAP. I'm with you on pasta. I can't have it in the house. It is a true weakness (along with most simple carbs), and definitely what I crave if I'm having a bad day. :devil:

sadiechubbs & northernchick - welcome!

rated - a pirate costume is always awesome! I have no idea what I'm going to be this year...

atarimae - good luck with your school work! and I hear ya on the sleeping issues...

namaste984
09-02-2013, 02:16 PM
Rie- I know, right? My fiancé looks so stinkin' gorgeous! He does 5Ks with me and walks regularly otherwise, and significantly cut down what he eats. He drinks almost no caffeine (and I drink none at all). We're doing two more 5Ks this year, one at the end of the month and one at the end of the year. :) Don't feel bad about wanting to get married, my fiancé needed a little push in the right direction as well. ;)

Shelf- Thanks so much!

Atari- Thanks so much! Yeah, both me and the fiancé are between jobs at the moment, so he has a reason for not plopping down $7.50 a session! My fiancé is doing an externship at a restaurant and if he gets that job he'll be making good money, but he has to finish the externship first! :) I quit an absolutely horrible job and am being much more selective with the jobs I apply for, so it may take me a little longer. :)

Sadie, Northern, and Mrs A- :welcome:
-----
Up 2 lbs because I have stopped my antidepressants for good this time. I always experience a 2-5 lb gain after doing that and it usually comes off in a few days to a week. Also, I know I am close to TOM after that epic meltdown I had a few days ago. So, I may be a little fluctuate-y (is that a word? It is now!) with my weight this week.

I did some running OUTSIDE today. I did maybe three-quarters of a mile to a full mile, I was really nervous about running outside cause I have had issues with it before in my previous city. However, it was beautiful outside I was off to a good start, doing about 14 minutes of the hard bit of the C25K workout and 5 minutes of the beginning warm-up. It wasn't because I was tired so much as the fact that I miscalculated my run length and I ended up at the house before my run time was up! I guess that's good, but it wasn't good for my plan! I will have to try a different path next time. :)

Dottington
09-02-2013, 08:24 PM
Riestrella I totally know how you feel, I indulged a little this weekend and am kind of kicking myself for it :/ But we're both back to our healthy selves and will lose this stupid water weight we've gained!

jackiedavis :hug: So sorry about your knee and being sick! Hope you're doing better an take it easy!

shelflife Your evening reading on the hammock sounds lovely! Good job on the loss!

namaste isn't outside exercise the best! I can only exercise outside it seems lol

atarimae Good luck with the exams!

Rated Good work on going for the walk when you didn't feel like it! I bet your pirate outfit is super cute :)

So I indulged this weekend a bit since it was a long weekend for me and my bf and the last days of summer before school starts for me tomorrow. Naturally that coupled with TOM means the scale is up, but I know its just water weight and will be off in no time. Its so much easier for me to eat better when school is on. Like I usually lose 10lbs a semester, but during the summer I only lost like 4 :p I'm planning out all my meals for the week and have my runs already scheduled! yay for planning! Really, planning is like the most important thing for me when it comes to weight loss.
Great job everyone on the losses! Here's to another great week! :D

namaste984
09-02-2013, 08:36 PM
Dott- I have to say I'm hooked on outdoor running now! And the weather is supposed to be super nice so I'm excited about my run tomorrow. :) My mom goes walking around the neighborhood too, at 5am. I go at a more sensible 7-8am. I'm afraid to run at night even with all the reflective gear, I don't care if it's cooler or not. :)

-----
I biked 13.01 miles this evening, beating my dad's mileage by 3.01 miles. That was my first goal, to surpass my dad, and now I have. My next goal is to aim for 15, and add to my Lazy Girl Ironman Bike Ride. I want to do 112 miles in the next month. I am also doing a Lazy Girl Marathon, since I can only run about 1-2 miles at a time right now. I thought about doing a Lazy Girl Ultra but baby steps first, lol. :) I burnt ~330 calories (honestly, I stopped looking after 320), rode for 50 minutes, and got a very numb booty, lol. :)

versace
09-02-2013, 09:05 PM
I'm down 2 lbs from last week! So now I'm finally in the 160s :carrot:

I was so worried about backtracking, though, because I've been too swamped with school starting and a ridiculous pile of assignments to have been able to run or really do anything at all this last week other than homework. Today was finally a bit of a breather for me, and I ran 8 miles 20 mins quicker than my usual time for 7. I feel so good right now omg

Rated
09-03-2013, 12:34 AM
Dot - Good job planning your meals and runs. I feel like that is half the battle since once I have it planned I have to do it (especially if I write it on my to do list). I think it is easier to lose weight when you have a consistent schedule, good thing school is starting again.

Namaste - Congrats on beating your dad' miles... now you just have to beat your own record next time :)

Versace - WOO HOOO 160s! Even if you get swamped with school work and can't run you can always control your food choices.

~~

I had another awesome day. My bodymedia armband had me at 1000 calories under for the day, so I am on track to lose 2 lbs this week (fingers crossed). School starts tomorrow so I had to get my classroom all set up, which was actually pretty hard work and I took my dog for a walk so I feel that my activity level was pretty good today. I want to start getting on the spin bike but I needed to get some of the back to school organizing out of the way first

rainbowstripe
09-03-2013, 02:04 AM
rie Haha I feel you - relax but don't over do it! I didn't even weigh in yesterday because I am scared of that scale right now I'll tell you - but I did just get a hair cut, so maybe now I've lost a couple of pounds of hair? Yeah...right...haha

shelflife I'm a kiwi but moving to Vancouver at the end of this week for four years, my boyfriend is there already and starts his PhD this week!

Atarimae Thanks for your kind words!!

~So I'm not on the chart because I didn't weigh...but I will weigh tomorrow morning, I have to stop "forgetting" - the scale isn't in the bathroom at the moment and truth be told, I'm out of the habit. Of weighing and calorie counting (and I just ate a cheeseburger, who even am I). Oh that's right, I'm the person that falls off the wagon just a little bit. I feel like I could just say "oh, it's ok, I'm getting ready for a life changing move, I can cut myself some slack" but what kind of attitude is that? I'll use another excuse when I get there "oh, it's ok, I'm in a new city with all sorts of new food, I'll get back to weight loss and calorie counting when I'm settled in". Bleh. Come on, Sarah, stop making excuses! Hah, now I'm talking to myself.

You ladies are doing great! Keep it up!

jessica2231
09-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Morning ladies! Glad to be back after a nice long weekend. Looks like everuyone has been busy little bees. Great job to everyone! The challenge seems to be going great! Im not going to weigh in till next week due to the fact that I am on TOM this starting just a couple days ago. So hopefully I see a nice woosh by thurs or Friday because right now im at 232 and I know its TOM but its annoying. lol

Riestrella- you go girl with your sexy pics.

KTB
09-03-2013, 04:17 PM
I really enjoyed the summer challenge! Count me in for this one! And maybe after it's over we could extend it to Christmas? ;-)

Rated
09-03-2013, 11:00 PM
rainbow - I think it is great that you realize you will always find a reason you can't do it but that you should keep trying anyways. I think a lot of people truly believe it when they say these rationales to themselves and then wonder why they never start losing weight.

~~~

I had another good day. It feels good being on plan. I took my dog for a walk again and this time I decided to speed walk the entire thing (might have had something to do with being eating alive by mosquitoes but it still counts). I also plan on going on the spin bike tonight...if I come back tomorrow and make some excuse for not doing it someone should give me heck because no excuse is good enough.

rainbowstripe
09-04-2013, 12:12 AM
Rated I think excuses just come so naturally to some of us and it's easy to fall into the trap of doing something "tomorrow" - when really that tomorrow is just put off and put off and continually put off until you've put on x amount of pounds and wondering what happened to tomorrow!!

~I weighed, but I've missed the weigh in for the beginning of the week, so I might have to use that weight next week since unfortunately a scale won't be number one on the shopping list when I get to Vancouver. But it will be in the top ten! Haha. It's ok - I'm at 64kg. 141.1 lbs. So no loss, but no gain, which I am happy about!

NorthernChick13
09-04-2013, 01:57 AM
This thread has already led me to do dangerous things!

I am now still being Marge for my school costume, but THIS bad boy for my fun friends party! (AKA, my inappopriate party!)

http://www.buycostumes.com/p/68908/tmnt-sexy-donatello-purple-deluxe-adult-costume#ScrollProductReviews

I am dying trying to pick between a medium and large. My measurements fit withiin medium, but on the higher end. AH! I need to pick soon because I live in the Arctic and mail is so slow here! Oh well- it's fun picking!

Atarimae
09-04-2013, 02:20 AM
Northern ~ Good on you for having your costume already ordered! That's great motivation!

Rated ~ I'm a numbers girl too. Glad you found something that works for you! My technique has been pestering my mom about calorie counts for everything, since my sister thinks I'd be "stupid" to weigh my food. Teenagers I tell ya!

Rie ~ OH IT IS DELICIOUS. Haha. Also MFP gave me a small count because I put in my activities as sedentary. That's my limit if I do no exercise at all. If I burn 400 cals, I earn another 400 to work around. Ahaha the infamous YOLO! You'll shake off that extra gain in no time!

jackie ~ I hope your knee gets better! :(

shelflife ~ Great loss! :D even if it isn't all fat, it's still nice to see the numbers go down that much!

rainbow ~ Glad you were able to see that that sort of attitude may not cut it for weight loss. I was in exactly that position. "Oh, I gained 2 pounds. No big deal, I'm still in the 150s." When I saw myself go into the next decade UP, it was a big deal. Wish I never saw it like that to begin with.

To those I missed, sorry! D: I'm slow, tired, and well, I wasn't able to hop on last night. LOL. But welcome to the new faces I haven't seen! :hug:

~~~

So the past couple days have been pretty kind. I went a little sodium crazy yesterday, because my fam went to this place that serves Korean du bu (tofu stew)...and I've been craving it. Luckily, the calories aren't that high, but unfortunately, the sodium count is. The scale decided to be kind though, as I was 158.4 this morning, provided it was on a different scale.

Speaking of scales, do any of you all use different ones? I'm finding it complicated since I do live in multiple houses - since I'm not on my own yet. So if I help out my grandma, I stay there for the week, but if I help out my mom, I stay there. I don't have a scale to call my OWN, so when I switch, I don't know which to go by! With that said, my grandma's one is better because it has more specific increments (by 0.2 pounds), whereas my mom's is by 0.5 pounds.

...Or maybe I should just buy my own and carry it around. I don't know.

Also, I found a little wedge of heaven in those Laughing Cow 45 cal light cinnamon cheese spread things. Totally very dessert-esque.

SophieCormier
09-04-2013, 07:50 AM
I'm joining in this challenge :) I know I'm a bit late but better late than never. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. My birthday is November 2nd so we always end up doing a costume party of some type. This year, I already bought my costume online for a great price. It's Sailor Moon. It's too cute! It's a short dress so I'd like to tone my legs and lose a bit from the stomach area. It fits, but it's a tight fit. I know 10lbs would really make a difference. It's not my goal weight but it's a start ;)

jessica2231
09-04-2013, 09:08 AM
Northernchick- I would love to see all of them together lol! That would be a great group costume to! :) :carrot:

SopieComier- WELCOME!!! :carrot:

Tonight I am a little worried. I have a dinner to go to with some friends I havent seen in a while. #1 last time I saw them i was about 20-30 lighter and this will be the first time eating out in a long while. Im really worried. Any words of ecouragement or advice????:?:

Dottington
09-04-2013, 10:54 AM
namaste yeah I don't feel comfortable running at night either, even with my pepper spray, I just don't feel safe :p Great job on the biking!

versace congrats on getting into the 160s! :)

Rated You're doing great! Hope the school year is starting off well for you :D

rainbowstripe I think not gaining is really good considering how busy you've been with all the moving stuff :)

Jessica :hug: I've totally been in that situation, just remember that 1. they probably won't notice or care since they'll just be so excited to see you and 2. You are working on losing this weight so don't get down on yourself! Have fun :)

NorthernChick That costume is awesome! You're going to look HOT. I would personally pick the large because I like to be safe when ordering stuff online.

Atarimae I love laughing cow! haha seriously I eat them everyday! As far as scales though, I'm really particular and need my "own" scale. I would probably buy my own and carry it around but I'm OCD like that :p

Sophie Welcome :carrot:

Just got back from my early morning trail run. I ran longer then I walked! Yay! I ran 60% of the time which is much better then the 33% from when I first started :carrot: Also down to 150.0 ahhhh! haha Seriously the scale is just teasing me at this point!

ChickieBoom
09-04-2013, 11:03 AM
I am going to be a slutty zombie this Halloween if it KILLS me!

RachelAnne
09-04-2013, 04:01 PM
Joined a bit late. I have a strange love for spreadsheet challenges :P I'm excited though! I have no idea what I'm going to be for Halloween but it's a great challenge date!

kisskiss
09-04-2013, 06:14 PM
Hi ALL! Sounds like everyone is having a busy week :D

namaste984: nice job on your biking. Lazy girl Marathon? Sounds cool :D I tried googling it, but I couldn't find anything in the US...any info? I work at a school, and I joined SRLA (students run LA), which basically trains kids to run mile by mile until next semester when they tackle the LA marathon. Kind of scared as right now I've only run 3 miles non stop, but excited too.

versace:
Woot woot great job in getting to the 160s :D

NorthernChick13:
Haha I'm in the same boat! I keep browsing buycostumes for a cute outfit. I really want to order something by the end of the week, but I haven't made up my mind on which costume to get. For work I am going to be a witch, but I want a really sexy costume for halloween. I've never worn one and I am changing that this year. :o I like that TMNT costume

Atarimae:

I use the same scale, which gives me a weight in .2 as well. I sometimes use my boyfriend's scale, but I have to remind myself that it's not necessarily accurate. I like to use the same scale, at the same time of day. I'm sure weighing yourself on difference scales shouldn't be that big of a deal, but I'd probably choose one to be the official scale.

Dottington:

ahhh so close!! I felt like i was at the low ends of the 150s for so long, but it'll happen :D
Nice job on that run :D how long do you run/walk for?
---------------------------------------
I had my doctor appointment last week, and everything came back pretty normal (so far). I haven't actually gotten a physical in years, but when I used to go as a kid I would get SOOOOOO nervous. Especially if they had to draw blood. In fact, I used to faint. Which is exactly what happened on Friday. I fainted while waiting in the pharmacy line, right after they took out 4 vials of blood. I was so embarrassed!! What made me laugh was after they took me back up to my doctor, she walks in and says "when I heard someone fainted, I said 'It can't be one of my patients today because all my patients were young and healthy'. hah, young and healthy and afraid of needles and blood! Hope everyone is having a good week :D

kisskiss
09-04-2013, 06:15 PM
I am going to be a slutty zombie this Halloween if it KILLS me!

you can totally be that slutty zombie! That's one of the costumes I'm considering too :D

Dottington
09-05-2013, 09:29 AM
Kisskiss I trail run/hike for 32-35 minutes each time, this includes my 8-10min warmup and cool down :) Glad everything at the doctor came back normal, but I'm sorry about your fainting :hug: I get totally weak at the sight of blood too :/ But at least you didn't hurt yourself!

ChickieBoom I bet your slutty zombie costume will be awesome!

Ugh 150.0 again today >_< haha I know why though, I only got like 5 hours of sleep last night and my weight always is higher or the same on days I don't get a lot of sleep :/ Anyone else experience that?
Everyone talking about their costumes finally got me thinking about mine! So I'm thinking for halloween of being a sexy maid :)

jessica2231
09-05-2013, 10:18 AM
Dottington- I didnt even end up going. One of my friends came down with something so we all have rescheduled for monday. We also decided it would be healthier to eat at her house and all cook together. :) So I am excited about that to! :) P.s. Im sitting and waiting for my after TOM whoosh so cheers to both of us waiting on our whoosh. :)

Rachelann- I know I have a strange love for them to! :)

namaste984
09-05-2013, 03:26 PM
Sorry I've been gone a bit, been working on the FB page and on the blog, and have been running a lot. I'm doing a scale break for now so I will report my official weight next Wednesday. In the meantime I'll use the lowest weight I got before. :)

Kisskiss- I just made it up, lol. I do most of my runs self directed, though I'm thinking about doing some with other people as well. :) I use a RunDouble app (costs about $3.20 on the Android) to track my intervals, mileage, calories, and all that fun stuff. :)

Atarimae
09-05-2013, 08:16 PM
Sophie, RachelAnne ~ Welcome! :D

Dott ~ Agh, thanks for the input! Even if I started using the one at my mom's house consistently, I still want one that measures in 0.2 increments. As for the sleep, THAT IS TOTALLY ME. That's why I need to start fixing up my sleeping habits :(

ChickieBoom ~ Definitely girlll! With all the work you've done, it's time to flaunt it!

namaste ~ I commend you for that scale break. I tend to go crazy if I don't weigh first thing in the morning. Well that or I get off track. Sigh.

~~

Ah I woke up to a surprisingly beautiful sight this morning: the scale said 156.5. I had to do a double take, since that's the number I was estimating seeing at about September week 3. So since it's Thursday and my sister has piano, I get to have my HALF portion of that chili spaghetti I nearly had a meltdown about last week. I should exercise when everyone's out of the house. Which is soon. :)

naffy
09-05-2013, 09:15 PM
alright! i joined. good luck to all of us! i started one of your challenges about a year ago, was doing fairly well for about a month, but fell off the bandwagon! this time will be different :)

ps: love that you make these challenges!

jessica2231
09-06-2013, 09:45 AM
Atarimae- Woohoo Congrats on the loss!

namaste984- ya im taking a weigh in break till TOM is gone.

Naffy- Welcome!!!

Rated
09-08-2013, 12:33 PM
It has been so quite here the last couple days. Where is everyone?!

I weighed myself for the second time this week and unfortunately no change. I started last Sunday at 180, weighed myself 2 days later and had lost 2.6 lbs (water weight I know). I figured by the end of this week I would see at least a 0.5 lbs decrease since I have been 100% on plan but the scale didn't move a bit. I am still going to count a 2.6 lbs loss for this week and I have told myself as long as I am losing a pound a week I will not be disappointed.

Hope everyone enjoys what is left of their weekend!

MrsDeenz
09-08-2013, 09:25 PM
I've had a busy week so my eating and exercising hasn't been as great as I wanted it too. My MIL went back home to Europe (she was visiting with us for almost two years), my daughter had two birthday parties this weekend, plus it was our 10-year wedding anniversary.

Tomorrow my girl starts pre-k so once our schedule gets on track, my eating and exercising should follow. I feel so gross after the past few days :(

versace
09-09-2013, 01:38 AM
Rated: Regardless of where it came from, that 2.6 lbs less on the scale is still a good week, so I wouldn't stress too much about not hitting an extra .5 lbs to add to it. Maybe check back a week after you saw the 2.6 loss? :)

But ah, I don't know about everyone else, but I've been a slave to school again this week, and I just so haven't had time for leisurely posting. I am never taking 18 hours again in one semester oh my god what was I thinking, but at least I managed to get all of my work for the week in literally within minutes of the midnight deadline. I am so looking forward to tomorrow's run to unwind.

However, it looks like my timers to remind me when to take study breaks for food are working, and I'm down another 2 lbs this week, taking me to 167 lbs with a total loss of 55 lbs :carrot:

jessica2231
09-09-2013, 09:21 AM
Morning All!

Im back after a good weekend. I got alot of studying done. Didnt eat so great yesterday. My Fiance' took out me and his family last night to dinner. It was unexpected and delicous! But I over ate a bit. TOM is gone thank Gosh!!!! How is everyone doing!?

Rated
09-09-2013, 10:23 AM
Versace - I know what is it like to be so busy with school work it all you do from the time you wake up to the time you go to bed. Enjoy your run tomorrow... what an awesome (healthy) way to unwind! Congrats on the 55 lbs lost! You should post progress pics if you have any.

kisskiss
09-09-2013, 01:31 PM
namaste984:
we all need a scale break sometimes. I weigh myself everyday, but I'm thinking of putting it away and doing a weekly thing instead. I've weighed every day for last 2.5 years, so it's really just a habit at this point. and LMAO I spend so much time looking for the lazy girl marathon!! and, there is like a lazy girl marathon group that runs in England, so I kept searching the web for something in the united states. :dizzy:

Atarimae
nice job in getting to that number sooner than you thought! I'm actually having my half potion of spaghetti today, yummm I'm looking forward to it. why did you have a meltdown about that/ I missed the post probably.

MrsDeenz:
two birthday parties and an anniversary? Congrats and hope you had a good time :D

versace
good luck in school! how much longer do you have? You sound like you're going to be super busy, but you lost 2lbs so you're doing great!

Congrats on the 55 lb weight loss!:carrot:

How was everyone's weekend? I went hiking on Saturday, but I literally just chilled out on Sunday. I haven't had such a lazy day in a long time, but it felt good. I also did pretty good on my calories, despite having a breakfast outing with my mom for her birthday, and the boyfriend wanting to eat out. Still at 147 :D

Riestrella
09-10-2013, 09:33 AM
Hey guys! Sorry I've been away! Been at my boyfriends place since Friday so I haven't had chance to properly sit down and reply to everyone. Hope you're all doing well, week 2 chart will be up soon!

SophieCormier
09-11-2013, 07:33 AM
Thanks for the welcomes guys! :D
Geez, I have such a hard time focusing on weight loss. I used to be a pro at keeping with my diet (at least I thought I was LOL!). So yesterday, I kept track of my meals all day on myfitnesspal on my phone. Well, I did well... I think... until I went to town and got some McDonalds. I know, bad bad me! I did track it though and had water with my fries and nuggets. Anyways, ended up I was below 100 over my calorie limit. I was ok with that but when I went home, I started eating and eating and I couldn't seem to stop! I didn't track the rest of the calories so I went way over... I woke up and I felt like just giving up but I didn't! I started tracking my food again this morning, telling myself I WILL do better today :) I'm going to use yesterday as my "trial" calorie counting and just keep doing better. I DID drank all my 8 glasses of water yesterday which I was proud of. I also did a grocery yesterday and only bought good stuff, I was pretty proud of myself. I was also shopping on an empty stomach. So yeah! That's my day for yesterday. I did lose .6 so far. Not much but I'll take it!

Hope everyone is doing great! Halloween is just around the corner.

jessica2231
09-11-2013, 09:24 AM
SophieComier- OMG! I think we were eating together yesterday! Last night I was in class till 9pm and I had no time yesterday morning to make a dinner for school. So I ended up at the nasty poisenous MCdonalds. :( But i guess today is a new day, right?

Ms A
09-11-2013, 10:41 AM
I have lost nearly two pounds... woohoo :)

Dottington
09-11-2013, 10:53 AM
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been keeping up with posting :/ School started back and with school, homework, practice, teaching, running errands ect I don't have as much time for posting :(

Anyways keep up the great work everyone! Hopefully I'll be able to catch up and read everyones posts this weekend!

jessica2231
09-11-2013, 11:39 AM
MSA- Woohoo congrats on the loss!!! :D

Dottington-I know i feel you.

ChickieBoom
09-11-2013, 02:14 PM
The costume that I need to buy only comes in small and medium...YIKES. If that's not Halloween motivation...I don't know what is.

Sadiechubbs
09-12-2013, 08:22 AM
Hey everyone! I'm weighing in at 150 today but I don't entirely trust my scales! They're manual and I've always thought digital ones were more accurate!? I might have to get another one, its not weird to own two scales right?! But I'll take 150 for now!

It's so nice reading all if your posts and knowing I'm not the only one who has mishaps now and then. Hope everyone has a healthy day!

kisskiss
09-12-2013, 01:35 PM
jessica2231:
add me to the list. I drove to McDonalds during lunch hour and instead of ordering a McWrap, I ended up getting a delicious Big Mac. No fries and water makes it slightly better right? I haven't had mcdonald's in such a long time, it was great.

Ms A:
That's great! carrot:

ChickieBoom:
Mine is a small too :( motivation!!

Sadiechubbs:
I just have one scale and just weigh myself on that one consistently. I've weighed myself on my BFs scale and it's always slightly different from my scale, so I've just got to choose one and go with that weight. We both have digitals.
has anyone bought their halloween costume? I just bought a Gypsy costume on ebay (it's a small/medium), but not sure it'll fit. I was a gypsy the last 2 years for Halloween (I was about 275 for the first year, and 220 last year), so i am excited to be wearing a similar costume. Well, if it fits. It's supposed to be delivered today !

How's everyones week going? I'm stuck at 147 :( I think I'm going to take a rest day today

NorthernChick13
09-12-2013, 02:12 PM
Hey team! I DID IT! I placed my orders last night! I got a large for the snug, "Sexy" costume, as it's an unforgiving material, but medium for the marge simpson, since it's a baggier fit anyway. I've now got my awesome funny teacher costume, and my inappropriate adult costume. YEAH BABY! I can't wait for it to arrive- talk about motivation!!!! My birthday is coming up and i am nervous as to how off my calories i'll be, but hey, it's one day a year, right?!

Rated
09-12-2013, 09:30 PM
Kisskiss- I bought my costume, I am going as a pirate this year. I had a hard time finding a school appropriate costume since I teach Kindergarten. Gypsy costume sounds great. If you get a chance when the costume comes in you should try it on and post a comparison pic from last year to this year.

NorthernChick - I am excited you have ordered your costume. They sound great and I am sure they will look fantastic.

I also live in a Northern community so I ordered mine a couple weeks ago and it came in today... haven't tried it on yet but I am hoping it will fit. If not at least I have time to either return it for a new size or better yet MAKE it fit. I have been doing well the last couple days. I am trying to stop myself from weighing daily since it becomes an obsession, but I think I am down at least a pound.

jenjen9ny
09-13-2013, 01:58 AM
Hey All,

So I just stumbled across this blog, and am so motivated by what others are doing. I just started my weight loss journey that I am going to be documenting on my blog: gomyownweigh.blogspot.com

While I don't know how much I will loose by this Halloween considering I just started. You all have made me want to strive for next halloween as at least a half way goal for myself!

Mara
09-13-2013, 08:19 AM
Work has been hetic, but it looks like everyone is doing good on their goals. :) And settling on their costumes.

runthecontinent
09-13-2013, 09:26 AM
Ok, I just joined.. I flaked out of the last one of Riestrella's amazing challenges but am confident I'll be able to complete this one! Being unemployed is both a blessing and a curse. :-) Contrary to the last six months or so, I am now NOT driving around in my car all day eating chocolate instead of healthy meals, but I do however get bored and binge eat sometimes. Also have more time to work out though!

Good luck to all. :-)

Riestrella
09-13-2013, 10:06 PM
Week 2 chart! Namaste has overtaken ruby and ChickieBoom has taken 3rd place. This chart is very late (I'm so sorry!) so expect things to shift around on Monday!

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q381/Riestrella/week2_zpsc589bc52.jpg

Rated
09-13-2013, 10:33 PM
Riestrella - Better late than never. Thanks for making the chart

I was so excited that my Halloween costume came in the mail. The site said it fit small so you should size up (which I did) but it is HUGE on me. I think I am going to exchange it for 2 sizes down, since I figure one size down would fit me currently but 7 weeks from now I might wish it was even smaller. We will see though, I might choose a different costume entirely since I regretted this one after I ordered it. I thought I had Halloween all figured out and now I have to start over again.

Riestrella
09-13-2013, 10:43 PM
Wow, it's been a long time since I posted! I've gained a lot this week...completely my fault so I'm not even going to say "woe is me" because I am a grown a$$ woman who can make her own decisions. I've just been making the STUPID decisions in relation to my health. On Wednesday I came down with one horrible cold, I had to leave work an hour early on Thursday, but managed to survive to the bitter end yesterday (though it was a struggle).

I celebrated my 4 year anniversary with my boyfriend on Monday 9th. He bought me a moleskin journal with a message in and a lovely poem (completely not like him!), he also made me a crossword where the theme was us and our memories. It was so sweet and so much fun! We went out for our favourite meal...BURGERS.

I am now on a 3 day weekend, woohoo! But I am sick with this friggin cold...I got so much sleep last night and I'm drinking a LOT of water. Funny thing is, I hadn't really been pooping much but then yesterday when I drank water all day I pooped like 4 times. It felt great! Haha.

I'm going to try and do something today...even if I am sniffing and coughing. Nothing hardcore but something to get my joints working again. I really want to start running again, the weather is getting less relentless with humidity so I figure I could start it up again. I miss it!

So while I'm not exactly going to be wearing a sexy halloween costume I now have a different incentive...I'm helping make a music video (nothing official, just with a group that meets up and does this stuff for fun!) and I'm going to be in it ;_;. I stupidly volunteered so they wouldn't have to find someone to do it, but I have to be a girl who's going to a night club. I'm a terrible dancer and I really don't own anything that's sexy going out wear! So I need to lose weight for the shoot so I don't look at myself and think "ewwww!"

Now for the epic task of replying to you chatty folks. Sorry if I miss anyone/rant about old things!

---

jackie - That sounds like a nasty injury! Hope your knee is feeling better.

shelf - I'm mad jelly of your river view, I really would love a house with a great view for reading/contemplating! What book are you currently reading? Think I'm going to do the same - just not buy it! It's a great weakness...

namaste - Yeah, he is a handsome man! Good for him on losing all that weight. You should try a 10K!! If you're doing lots of 5's I'm sure with the right training you could handle it. Running outside, with the right route, is amazing. I can never go back to treadmills after having a great running route. I know what you mean though, my current location is just city. There's a river near by but it's not very well lit and I have to run at night...Japan is one of the safest places in the world but I'm still cautious of being attacked!

Dott - The closer you get to your goal (and you're darn close!) the harder it is to lose weight. So don't worry about not losing as much as before! You're doing amazing. Congrats on improving on the trail runs, that's such a fast improvement! Ahh, so close!!! No worries on inactivity, just post when you can!!

versace - Wow, you ran 8 miles?! That's so far!! Just make time for working out, I know it seems hard when you're so busy but even 20 minutes is better than nothing, right? Congrats on the continuous weight loss!!

rainbow - Haha, yeah, I always wish that whenever I visit the bathroom my scale will tell me I'm lighter! But it's not the case unfortunately. You're right, you can't make excuses and cut yourself slack - you've just got to keep on with it no matter what your situation. Some situations are harder than others, granted, but from someone who made a life changing move last year and has only gained and not returned to her previous weight - just keep going!!
Good job on maintaining!!

jessica - Have you had your whoosh?? How did your meal go?! Don't worry about how you look! You're doing something about it and that's what matters.

NorthernChick - Ooh la la! That's a smexy costume!!

Atarimae - Introducing exercise to your routine is amazing! You'll do it and you won't go back ;p. I live in the same place, but I would use whatever scale is around. No point carrying one around with you, unless it's not a pain in the arse!

Sophie - I love Sailor Moon! Welcome!! I know what you mean when you just start and don't stop...it's horrible when it happens. Slip ups happen though, it doesn't mean we've FAILED and have to start over!!

KTB - I'm thinking of running another one for New Year! Don't worry!

ChickieBoom - Haha, well you're soaring ahead of the competition to be a slutty zombie!!

kiss - Oh man, I hate fainting in public! I've fainted on the train twice and on the train platform once...all in Japan! It's really embarrassing when I fall into people and wake up and everyone is staring down at me...
Hiking is such a great workout! I'm not surprised you just chilled the next day!

naffy - Welcome back! And thanks! I love running them, brings everyone together!

MrsDeenz - I know how you feel, but let's just get back on it and kick some arse!! We can do it!!

runthecont - Yeah, not having a job is a dream for health but not so much for money! It's a good attitude to take though, it'll keep you sane while you job search to have something productive to focus on.

Rated - Woohoo on costumes being too big!!

kisskiss
09-16-2013, 12:28 PM
Rated:
don't you love when you need something smaller than you thought? LOL I'm the same way, I keep seeing costumes that I think might be even cuter than the one I got--so many options!

NorthernChick13:
I still havent decided on my appropriate costume for my work (I work at a middle school). I'm thinking the female version of where's waldo.
Happy Birthday! Any special plans?

runthecontinent:
Welcome and good luck!

Riestrella:
Thanks for putting up the chart and hosting this challenge! And sorry you've been sick! I tend to eat terribly when I'm sick, and I have no motivation to exercise.
The music video sounds fun and motivating, if a bit terrifying :D
Glad you had fun with the boyfriend! That gift sounds super sweet and unique :D

The gypsy costume I bought on Ebay came in a couple of days ago....size S/m....and it FIT! zipped up and everything. When I took it out of the box, it looked so TINY, that I immediately started thinking "damn, that is not going to fit me". The only thing is....it is way TOO short. Like, you can see my buttcheeks short. here is the link to the costume, which is short online but not buttcheek short:

http://www.buycostumes.com/p/68415/crystal-ball-gypsy-adult-costume

So, I looked closer and realized that the skirt to the costume had been taken up by about 3 inches!! I had to take it to a tailor to take it down. All in all my costume came out to $10 ($7 original plus $3 tailoring), so I can't copmlain :D
My weekend was super relaxing. But, I am still at 147, which isn't where I was hoping. I think I'm going to start another round of 30day shred. and buy healthy groceries. ugh. Happy Mondays everyone!

dianamarie86
09-16-2013, 01:15 PM
Hey Everyone!

I hope it is not too late to join this challenge! I used to have a profile on here, but I could not remember my login information for the life of me! I loved these challenges, and they always seemed to help me in the past.

I have not updated the spreadsheet yet, but I will do so this evening. Should my starting weight be what it was back when the challenge first started, or what it is today? I have both of those numbers, so either would be easy for me to do :)

I am actually getting married October 19th, so this is definitely a good challenge for both my wedding, and Halloween as I hope to stay on track through my Honeymoon. Cannot wait to start this awesome challenge with you all :)

anwesharry
09-16-2013, 04:16 PM
Darn! Wish I had joined earlier coz it would be a definite target for me! Can I please still join?

versace
09-16-2013, 11:12 PM
Rated: Ty! Oh god, I slipped some progress shots into a post somewhere, but idk if I'm ready for a full on post of it. Maybe once I hit 150 or something.

Lol man, it has to be a pain that the costume didn't fit, but definitely better that it was too big rather than too small. Have any new ideas on what you might want to go as instead if not your current costume?

kisskiss: Tyty! I have three more semesters after this one, and then I'm free to go make money omg.

Oh heey, gj on the costume fitting! Though wow what a hassle@ having to go to the tailor for the skirt length, but at least it worked out. :)

I haven't bought my Halloween costume yet, and actually don't even have a clue what I want to go as this year. These last few years I've been tacking on a devil tail & horns to whatever I was already wearing that day, but maybe this year with the weight loss, I can do a little more.

Riestrella: Ty for the chart! I love looking them over lol. Congrats on the anniversary; it sounds like you had a great time. And w ow, good luck on the music video. It's totally an a+ excuse to go out and treat yourself to a super cute new outfit, though..!

As for the 8 miles, oh gosh it does seem like so much when you're just looking at the number, but it goes by so quickly. I play that zombies run app every time, and I have slowly extended my run periods from just 3 miles to 8 so I can listen to more story/get more supplies for my town LOL.

So I had another school saturated week, but weigh in this morning put me as down 2 lbs from last Monday, which also means I am now, for the first time ever, the same weight that it says on my driver's license oh my god I can't even believe it. And then this afternoon I knocked out another 8 miles on the treadmill, and overall I'm feeling pretty great :carrot:

SophieCormier
09-17-2013, 06:59 AM
Hey guys! Well I tried my sailor moon costume last night and it doesn't fit me right. I'd need to lose like 20lbs in order for it to look right on me. I was soooooo depressed last night. I cried. :( I know I shouldn't discourage myself but I REALLY wanted to fit that costume and now I know I won't be able to wear it this Halloween...

On a good note though, I got some sneakers as an early birthday gift! :) Bright pink hehe. I want to start Couch-2-5K next week so I went walking yesterday to try to break them in before then.

MAYBE, by some miracle, I'll deflate (LOL) and be able to wear my costume... but as is right now, I'll probably have to go get a new one and save this one for next year :/

Riestrella
09-17-2013, 07:10 AM
Week 3 Chart!

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q381/Riestrella/week3_zps0952e372.jpg

Riestrella
09-17-2013, 07:24 AM
ello ello!

Yesterday was a complete failure of a day! Ended up getting Domino's with the bf =/. I had stuff to cook with...I was just being stupidly lazy and being childish! I felt bad afterwards, usually I have a no regrets attitude to things but I knew that last night was a mistake.

So today I made up for it, I didn't over eat and I went on my first run since July 3rd!! The weather was LOVELY tonight, so cool and not humid at all! I ran for 37 minutes and did 2.6 miles, putting my pace at 14:29 min/mi - that's a bit slow for me! I was getting 10/11 min/mi and 9 min/mi on a race day. I've got my fingers crossed the weather remains this lovely so I can carry on. I've got a base to build against the zombies!!

Has anyone heard of Ellie Goulding? I love her song "Burn" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGyEd0aKWZE

It's such a good workout song!

My weight has been going up, up and UP in the last week. I went from 156 lbs up to 160 lbs!! Man, I suck so much. I'm hoping for a nicer number tomorrow morning but it might take a while for it to go down again...only got myself to blame!

---

kisskiss - I'm the same way, I sink into a pit when I'm sick! Woohoo on the gypsy costume fitting and getting it altered! SO CHEAP! Take pictures on Halloween!!

diana - You can use the weight you were at the beginning of the challenge! Wow, a wedding! So exciting!!

anwesharry - Yes! Read the rules in post 1 =)

versace - You'll love looking at week 3's chart...YOU'RE NUMBER 2!! Go you!! Tell me about it! But in Japan clothing sizes are ridiculously small since the women here have no boobs, butt or fat! I hope I can get something nice. Oh man, I use that app too!! I'm only on mission 2, but I really like it. I love getting home and tinkering around with my base. But the supplies run out so quickly!! Want to get back out there haha.

Sophie - *hug* sorry it didn't fit! Don't get upset! Can't you exchange it for a bigger size? Even if you can't, you're right, save it for next year!! Don't put too much pressure on yourself, I know you were excited but it's just a costume, right? Your health is more important =). I have bright pink running shoes! I love them!

jessica2231
09-17-2013, 09:15 AM
Alright guys. So I had a couple of bad days. I was really stressed out with school and ended up eating so much fast food due to stress and not having time to make meals. I have been so tired and I have a test today. I weighed in and Im at 234. I know that its my fault. Im really trying not to come down hard on myself and rember that its a work in progress. I ate well yesterday adn preparred to eat well today. A bit annoyed with myself but hey this is a journey not a sprint. Some encouragement would be great if anyone has any. :0

Riestrella- Never got my woosh because I didnt wait for it. I wasnt eating healthy from like Thursday to Sunday. Yesterday I prepared healthy meals and today I have as well. I noticed for week 3 I am numero 20 so its push to get back to it! :) Thank you. :)P.s. Love that song!

Rate- Haha what an awesome problem to have! :)

KissKiss- Woohoo it fits!

Versace- I totally feel you. School is getting the best of my eating habits.

Sophie- Its ok hey there are still 2weeks till Halloween and maybe it just means that in 20lbs you need to throw a costume party. ; ) this is the solution i see. :)

Riestrella
09-19-2013, 07:28 AM
Hellllooo?! Is anyone out there?! Haha, where oh where have all my sexy ladies gone??

Yesterday I was going to workout but I really couldn't be bothered so I just played Mass Effect 3 instead. BUT I ran the day before and I ran today! Completed mission 3 of Zombies, Run! This time I did 3:10 miles in 42:12 (with a little walk at the beginning) which puts my pace at 13:36 min/mi which is almost a minute faster than yesterday! Huzzah!

My weight hasn't received the good news that I'm active again, still floating on the HORRIBLE 160 lbs mark. But I'm due on my blergh on Monday so that's probably why. I've been drinking lots of water so I hope I get a WHOOSH soon!

jessica - I'm a firm believer in that there's no such thing as "I didn't have time." I know it sounds harsh, but you can make the time for a healthy living. I think you were just stressed so you didn't want to cook healthy...am I right? Junk food is full of the fats and sugars we crave, especially when we're down in the dumps!! I was exactly the same way when I was busy with school work, I would say "I'm too busy studying/working!!" but I could have spared an hour to make myself something good. It's good to take breaks from the cramming and eating something good will power your brain! You can do it, it's not the end of the world, you're back at it and that's what's important! Never give up!

Mara
09-19-2013, 08:51 AM
I hve struggled with the scale the past three days. It read the same (higher) weight all three days. Finally saw it move down to 250.8 this morning.

jessica2231
09-19-2013, 10:03 AM
So last night I ate farely healthy and stayed within my calories. :) Im thinking Im going to buy a few somewhat healthy frozen meals for the days where I feel like I just cant cook and feel to stressed out to do much of anything. So ya. :) Hope everyones doing well.

Riestrella- you are so right! :) I could have made my meals on the weekend or in the morning or when i get home. Your absulutely right just way stressed and finding excuses.
I hope you get your whoosh to!

namaste984
09-19-2013, 10:41 AM
Hey guys!

Sorry I haven't been on, been maintaining my blog and my FB page and it is almost a full-time job these days. I'm holding steady at 207 after a pretty big weight gain with TOM. :) Also, I got a new scale, finally! It is fairly consistent, even though it weighs a little heavier than my other scale. :) I am SO hoping to see 206 tomorrow, that will be my lowest weight thus far. And if I continue losing then Onederland is a very real possibility in the near future. :)

Rie- Welcome back! :)

kisskiss
09-19-2013, 11:47 AM
Riestrella:
Nice job on your run! I am running 5 miles today after work with my students....I'm terrified! Why did I join Students Run LA?

jessica:
hah I'm the same way, I have a few frozen meals in my freezer that I bust out whenever I just don't want to cook for whatever reason.

Mara:
nice on getting the scale to move. I've been stuck at 147 and at this point I just feel like I have to keep on trucking and I'll see results.

namaste:
New scale yay! Onederland is SOOOOOOO close! I really want to get a body fat scale, but I've heard tht they aren't that accurate (I've been researching withings and aria).
__________________________________________________ ____________
Nothing really new with me. waiting for the end of the week because I am hoping to go on a pretty amazing haunted hike on Sunday with family, and to the LA county fair on saturday with the BF.
also, check out my pic. I was a gypsy two years ago at about 275 and that's my costume as of yesterday at 147. Too bad I never really took pics where you can see my whole body (ie leaning towards a friend, sideways, cropped from the knees). Still, I like this before and after for motivation.

and I thought I'd end with : it's almost friday!!!!:carrot:

momof3preemies
09-20-2013, 08:37 AM
Hi all just wanted to pop in,sorry I disappeared a lot of family and personal issues lately. When I first disappeared on you all I was headed to ny to see my husbands grandpa that was dieing from cancer. As of right now he probably wont make it through this weekend. :( but I know its best because he is starting to suffer and his wife is suffering seeing him suffer so I know it's best hopefully he will go peacefully in his sleep. but update on my weight loss i was back up to 203 at one point and this morning i got on the scale 3 times because i just did not trust it and it stayed the same at 198.8 so I just hope I can stay below 200 with all the stress etc. But again I'm sorry I vanished on all of you I looked at the chart to see how you all were doing I seen some great weight losses so congrats to all!

Mara
09-20-2013, 09:09 AM
You look amazing kisskiss in the gypsy costume. :)

IsobelRose22
09-20-2013, 10:45 AM
Hi guys, I'm a bit of a lurker so I thought I'd jump in with a comment. I've never been good at completing these challenges but I always lose weight on the weeks I weigh in. So thank you for that Riestrella. In other news I have come down with a beast of a cold and have dropped 4lbs as a result of being off my food. It's not the best way of losing weight but hopefully it should curb my snacking a bit. My weigh in isn't until tomorrow so how is everyone else's week going? Xx

Ms A
09-20-2013, 11:18 AM
I've not been staying on track, though I've still been losing weight somehow. But committing to healthier eating and exercising as of today.

Savemykissesx
09-20-2013, 08:56 PM
Hi guys! I decided to join in on this challenge, I know that 9lbs isn't much to aim for, but this is what I am going to aim for.. a pound a week. We'll see. <3 thanks for having me.

Rated
09-21-2013, 12:11 PM
Jessica – Good job getting back on track with healthier eating and staying within your calorie goal. Frozen meals are a good idea for the days you don’t feel like cooking but watch out, some of them can have really high
sodium levels. One thing I do when I have made a healthy dinner is I will freeze individual portions so that when I am too tired to cook I still can have a healthy homemade meal. Vegetarian Chili, lasagna, stirfrys all freeze well. Then you add a quick salad on the side and you have a healthy meal with minimal effort

Namaste – Yay a new scale, and it doesn’t matter if it weighs a little heavier since it is more about the downward trend then a particular number.

Momof3preemies – I am sorry to hear about your husband’s grandpa and I understand that your focus isn’t on you right now. Just make good food choices and you should be fine.

~~~~~~~~

I have had the past week off work and it hasn't helped one bit. I am totally out of my routine right now and I can see it in my weight loss. I gained 0.4 pounds this week but I am happy that is all. Since one bad day turned into another and another till the entire week was shot. But I am back on track today, this week may have slowed me down but it isn't going to stop me.

I also bought a new costume and this time I chose a one size fits 6-14 since it has a corset waist. I figure this way I don't have to worry about paying for shipping another costume back and if I lose weight before Halloween it will still fit. I am going as the tooth fairy which I think is a cute costume for a kindergarten teacher.

http://www.buycostumes.com/p/31161/tooth-fairy-adult

anity
09-21-2013, 12:59 PM
Hey guys,

I wonder if I can still join. I haven't been losing weight for a while, but now I'm feeling really determined, and a challenge is just what I need! :D

I'm starting at 179. I'd like to end this challenge weighing 167, so 12 lbs less. I'll try my best!

lilsquirrel
09-22-2013, 05:55 AM
Hi guys! Im back, and yet again restarting my weightloss journey after a holiday to the states.

Now I'm back at uni, I have control over my fridge and a brilliant sports facility on my doorstep so yay!

Joining a bit late to this, so my goal is going to be to lose 7lbs by Halloween :)

Keep posting girlies, you have no idea how inspirational you all are! <3

namaste984
09-22-2013, 10:49 PM
Just did a 5k this morning and had a new record: 57:15, over a minute faster than my last time. :)

Riestrella
09-23-2013, 03:22 AM
Hey everyone! So I've had kind of a shitty weekend but it's made me realise a few things. So on Saturday I went out on an all nighter with some friends. We planned it a few weeks ago, last trains in Tokyo are at 11pm so usually we all go home at that time. But there are trains around 4:30am so we decided to stay out all night to have fun. The night was a bit of a let down...way too many people got invited, one of those "I'll invite my friends" and there were too many different opinions and ugh. I just wanted to hang out with people I knew, call me boring or antisocial. I did speak to some cool people, but then they'd go off in a different direction. I drank a lot too so my weight was back up to 160 lbs in the morning.

Yesterday I was hungover so I stayed in all day and just ate poorly. Ate a ready meal AND some pasta. What was I thinking? It's like some mental block happens to me over the weekend that makes me forget I want to be thin and healthy! Today was no better either...it's not just a one off weigh in I'm back in the 160s. Which is not where I want to be! I want to be heading into the 140s!!

So I'm going to try and restrict myself on a few things...here's my plan:

Eat natural foods. Basically anything that comes in a packet or box that doesn't expire within a few weeks is a no go. With the exception of oatmeal/cereals. All in all - NO JUNK FOOD!
Exercise. Continue with my running and do some more strength training. Need to tone up as I lose.
Follow these rules on a weekend! I'll allow myself one YOLO (Blogilates vocab seeping into my conscience!) MEAL (not DAY) and then stick to it the rest of the time. I can't allow no work to mean more food and laziness.

I've not lost weight for a YEAR. All that time I could have been doing something but I've just been making excuses and keeping myself in this routine of anti productivity. It has to change or I'll always be this way! Always feel like I want to be different but never doing anything about it. I think I'm going to start introducing "to do lists" back into my life. I used to always make them, granted when I worked part time so I had more time and energy to complete them, but I feel like they'll help me organise my priorities.

On a more positive note I saw a meteor on my run on Thursday! It happened at an awesome moment when I just started to speed up too.

---

jessica - Well done on eating healthy! Good idea on the healthy frozen meals, though they should be a last resort option. I've not ever heard good things about frozen meals, but they're definitely a better option to junk so I can see your logic.

namaste - Yay on new scales! And good job running 5k!

kiss - How did your run go?! Haunted hike?! That sounds interesting!! OH MY GOOSE YOU LOOK AMAZING NOW! Like holy shiznits what a HUGE difference! I can't believe how much of a transformation you've made! Do you think you would ever show your face? I know anonymity is important to some but I'd love to see the change to your face, it's always my favourite part of before and after pictures! HUGE CONGRATULATIONS! What's your workout routine like? You're a huge inspiration, I hope I can look as awesome as you do soon!!

momof3 - *hug* Don't apologise for not being around, that's a tough situation you've had to go through. It's hard to say it, but when a person is sick it's a blessing to see their pain be over. I hope you are all ok, it's still a hard thing to go through. I hope you can continue taking care of yourself, losing weight is a common aspect to stress but just be sure to try and get back into a healthy routine soon. Take it easy though, don't put too much pressure on yourself!

Isobel - Great to see you again!! I'm glad you're back in this competition =). So sorry you're sick, I got one **** of a cold last week. I always seem to GAIN weight though!! It's like I get hungrier!!

savemykisses - Welcome! 9 lbs is a great goal! I always aim to lose 1 lb a week and it's usually too much!!

anity - Welcome!!

lilsquirrel - Hello! Man, if you can stock your Uni fridge with good food I will salute you. The state of my fridge at Uni was caffeine and chocolate! No wonder I reached 200 lbs ;p

dehtripper
09-23-2013, 09:39 AM
Haha, well I obviously dropped the ball on this challenge. I have been away from computers since the start of September (fishing) and forgot to put dashes in those weeks I was planning to not weigh in. Whoops!

Great job everyone!!

kisskiss
09-23-2013, 12:39 PM
Happy Monday everyone!
So my weekend was pretty awesome. I went on this amzing hike. I had to like climb rocks and cross riverbeds, and pull myself up. It was pretty cool to know that I was capable of doing that! today I am super sore, though, and I still have to run afterschool with the students I work with :( Riestrella asked me if I would ever post face pics....well here they are! They may come down eventually though, I'm weird about keeping pictures up lol. on the right is me at my heaviest (299) and the left pics are me at 145-150.
Hope everyone has a good week!
__________________________________________________ ______________

namaste:
Great job! I am running an official 5k on saturday with the kids that I work with. Pretty nervous but excited.

Rated:
That tooth fairy costume is totally cute and appropriate for school :D Love it!

anity: Welcome!

lilsquirrel:
Woot woot on restarting! one of the things I regret is paying for recreational services in college, and never using their gym!! They even had cool stuff like indoor rock climbing :( Good for you for taking advantage of what your university has to offer.

Riestrella:
Seeing a meteor while running sounds pretty damn cool! Good job on your plan. I always make myself lists, it helps keep me organized and motivated! I'm the same way, though. My weekends have been a little crazy bc the boyfriend always wants to eat out and it's hard to say no to good food when we go to restaurants.

The haunted hike was so awesome! I saw a creepy old time bike, an abandoned cabin, and just had fun. Thank you so much! I'll post face pics here, but they may come down cause I'm always iffy about that stuff. I workout 4-5 times a week. I do cardio at the gym about 2-3 times a week, and I hike on weekends. I also recently started running twice a week (3-5 miles), and when I do that, I don't do cardio at the gym. I do a little bit of weights. that's the one thing I need to up! Again, thank you for the compliments. Sometimes I don't think my face got that much smaller, but these side by sides make me realize that I have come a long way.

Riestrella
09-23-2013, 08:45 PM
Week 4 Chart!

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q381/Riestrella/week4_zps6613aa12.jpg (http://s349.photobucket.com/user/Riestrella/media/week4_zps6613aa12.jpg.html)

Riestrella
09-23-2013, 08:55 PM
So after a few days of weighing in at 160 lbs I weighed in this morning at 158.9 lbs - a total of 2 lbs lost OVERNIGHT. Seriously, not complaining but...HOW?! I breathed a sigh of relief but I know not to get too comfortable.

Last night I tweaked my workout routine. I'm doing an 8 week 10K training program (with no planned race at the end but if I find one in time then I'll do it!) but adding 3 strength days to it (instead of 2). I've heard marvelous things about lifting weights, so I'm going to give it a shot. I found this: http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dumbbell-only-home-or-gym-fullbody-workout.html and it seems like the perfect routine for me.

Tonight I'm gonna run 2.5 miles, a nice short run but the beginning of a new workout routine so I'm excited! Zombie chases await...

---

dehtripper - Do you want back in?

kisskiss - Good job on your hike, sounds action packed! Just take it easy on your run! Well your face pics are either not working or you've taken them down? I really wanted to see them! I usually hang out with another couple and we all just love to eat!! It doesn't help that the other girl in our group is SUPER thin and can eat what she wants =(. I know it's not good to compare, but can't help but feel like a monster compared to her sometimes. To be fair though she's naturally thin so doesn't have much curves, whereas I'm super curvy which is a positive in itself!

kisskiss
09-23-2013, 10:18 PM
Rie: Okay, for some reason none of my pics are showing up anymore :( Not even on my goal post from before.

While I try to figure it out here's another way: if you click on my blog right under my username I added a post with face before and after pics. I have no idea why I can't add them on this actual website.
or here is the link:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/kisskiss/2013/09/23/face-pics-update/

lemme know if it works!

Riestrella
09-24-2013, 02:55 AM
Rie: Okay, for some reason none of my pics are showing up anymore :( Not even on my goal post from before.

While I try to figure it out here's another way: if you click on my blog right under my username I added a post with face before and after pics. I have no idea why I can't add them on this actual website.
or here is the link:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/kisskiss/2013/09/23/face-pics-update/

lemme know if it works!

WOW! Your face looks so different! You have one killer jaw line now! You're such a beautiful girl :), well done you've come so far!

cheeriloos
09-24-2013, 03:04 AM
I saw those pics and they were uhh amazing!!!!!! I feel like the screaming lady from 'so you think you can dance' you have done amazing!!!!!!!

runthecontinent
09-24-2013, 10:16 AM
Kisskiss - Those face pics are incredible! Aside from that killer jaw line you also have the biggest eyes! In a good way, you know. ;-) Really well done!

I was on a long weekend trip to Edinburgh last week, eating loads of junk food and drinking.. So I've gained a little weight. :-(
And now my boyfriend is away for a few days which means I'll be having more ready meals since he's the one who usually cooks. Ah well. The weather is good so I'll just finish my work and go for a quick run then! Better try to make to best of it. ;-)

Ms A
09-24-2013, 12:48 PM
Kiss Kiss, you are stunning! Good job :)

I am having trouble sticking with healthy eating... I work in a bakery :S I keep tasting the new products (which is technically part of my job).

versace
09-24-2013, 01:53 PM
Ms A: Oh my god, a bakery? Where it's your job to taste every thing? I can't decide if that's the best job ever or the worst fdlkjs Either way, you're doing amazing to have lost any weight this challenge while working there.

kisskiss: Oh woow, you look great! The difference between the before and after pics are amazing.

Riestrella: Heeey, nice!@ you being a fellow runner 5. You'll love the later missions omg. And yeah, your supplies will vanish even more quickly the further along in the game you get LOL. Last night, I had to use all of the materials I'd picked up on my run, 60 of them, just to upgrade my armory one time.

Was another all homework week for me, but I'm down another 2 lbs! Which puts me halfway to my goal for this challenge :carrot:

I also forced in an extra 3 mile run on the 18th, mainly because I couldn't pass up that full moon, and then did 8 miles last night. Not even feeling sore in the slightest today :)

runthecontinent
09-24-2013, 04:07 PM
versace & Riestrella - I love Zombies, run! I had to wait months to get to season II because the new app wasn't compatible with my phone. Samsung wouldn't let it upgrade to Android 4. But I went on my first season 2 zombie run today! Am so happy to be back in the game. Truly the best app ever! How far along are you in the story?

------------------------------------------------

Anyway, weightloss is not going great for me at the moment BUT I did get a new job starting next week.. It's a replacement job at the college where I worked before. Right now I only have a contract for one month, but I've been told they'll likely be able to keep me on for the rest of the semester or even until the end of the academic year! Fingers crossed.. I don't like the insecurity but at least it's a job, and a good one at that! It's very difficult for young teachers to find a steady job in Flanders. I wonder if it's like that in other countries too. Any other teachers here?

So my boyfriend is away, which means no one to cook for me. As a result, I have had:

- no breakfast
- three small sandwiches for lunch (yummy wholegrain bread, so not too bad)
- two (2!) chocolate bars
- one microwave ready meal with mashed potatoes, carrots and a pork burger - worth 578 kcal
- one small pudding

Really should not have had all those sweets. I even bought some frozen fruit to make a smoothie but was too lazy.

My run didn't go well either today as I had to run back home because my earphones weren't working properly and by the time I'd replaced them I had lost motivation.

Must do better tomorrow! Only problem is, on Wednesday evenings I teach a couple of Spanish nurses who have the great and terrible habit of bringing cake to the lesson! Sweet girls ruining my already unsuccessful diet! :D

kisskiss
09-24-2013, 05:00 PM
Riestrella:
thank you so much Riestrella :D sometimes I don't think I've lost a lot from the face, but I see it in those side by sides

cheeriloos:
haha thank you :D

runthecontinent:
Thank you so much, everyone on here is making my confidence go up lol.
Glad you had a good weekend trip, I'm sure you'll work off those extra calories with your runs!

Ms. A:
Thank you! I used to work at Mrs. Field's Cookies in high school/college. I attribute their cookies and brownies and mall food during break to a lot of my weight gain :( Now I work in a school office, and I have to say no to all the brownies and cookies my boss makes. I'm better at it than I was when I was younger.

Versace:
Thank you too! Woot woot on being down 2 more pounds :carrot: 8 miles and no soreness? I can't wait til I can do that! I'm going to run my first 5k on Saturday (haha nothing compared to you), but I'm super excited about it. Excited but nervous.

namaste984
09-24-2013, 07:00 PM
Kisskiss- Wow, you look awesome! Good luck at your 5k! I had fun at mine, and am doing another in December. :) I will do my school's 10k in March, which I'm a bit nervous about but I think I will be able to train for it in time!

Rie- Zombies, Run sounds awesome! I use Runtastic and Zen Labs' C25K Trainer, both work really well but not as exciting as yours, lol. :D

----
Ran/walked 2.55 miles today and beat my previous time by 4 minutes! I did two blocks of 10-minute runs which were totally tough but I got it done. I also biked 9.11 miles today, and now I'm ready to sit down and relax for awhile, lol. :) I'm expecting a pretty big loss tomorrow, so hopefully I will get it! I'm at 204.2 now... soooo close to Onederland! Exactly 5.2 lbs away. :)

anity
09-25-2013, 06:40 AM
runthecontinent - what do you teach? I'm moving to Flanders (but the French one) and I'm a teacher. I'm scared of not finding a job there! :x

I teach languages and, in Brazil, we're always in desperate need of them. Especially English teachers! Almost no one knows English in here, there's a huge demand of English courses, and no one wants to teach, as most people who actually know English are working in multinational enterprises or are out of the country. So pretty much anyone who has a reasonable level of English (B2+) can teach. To teach in language schools, there's no need to have a license, or even a certificate. They test you for your level and voilà. In regular schools, you need a license, but depending on the school they don't even test you for your level. Which makes us have pretty crappy English teachers at regular schools, which again rises the demand of English schools. ><

And don't let yourself be beaten by the fact your boyfriend is away! I think cooking is extremely important in order to eat well and lose weight, so try to do it, even if if something simple/fast to cook. Pasta with chopped tomatoes and basil is delicious... and a whole plate doesn't account for even 200 calories! :chef:

-----------------------------

I'm so happy! This morning I've hit the mark of 80 kg (176.5 lbs) which is an all-time low. I have never seen such weight in my adult life! I don't even know how to react, it's hard to believe. Can't wait to hit the 70's! :carrot:

dehtripper
09-25-2013, 11:16 AM
dehtripper - Do you want back in?

If no one minds, I'd gladly re-join. I'm back on track and rarin' to go!!

runthecontinent
09-25-2013, 05:02 PM
anity - I'm trained to be an English teacher but am teaching mainly Dutch and some French at the moment.
I have heard that it should be easy to find a teaching job in South America, though I'm not quite ready to move all the way there at the moment. Maybe if I didn't have a boyfriend.. I'm currently looking into applying for a scholarship for study in the US, and we're having huge rows over it. How funny that you're moving to my side of the globe though! How come?

Congrats on making it to 80 kg!

Riestrella
09-25-2013, 10:20 PM
Heyo everyone! So I started my weight lifting the other day, it was pretty relaxing! I think I need a set of dumbbells that are heavier though...not sure where to buy them here in Japan though. They tend to just go straight to the barbell hand weights 2kg +...not cool, Japan! Yesterday I didn't go running because it was raining and I don't actually have anything to wear. I used to go out in over sized t-shirts but I don't know where they've gone...I'll have to look for them! I'll try and get out today though.

In other news - I've entered a 10K! But the thing is...it's during my holiday back home in England!! I know, I'm mental! It's on the 29th December, so even if I do pork out on food I'll have to get back on the horse to be 10K ready! I'm entering it with my Mum, who's struggled with her weight for like...20 years. I really want to see her be happy with herself so hopefully she'll train for it. The thing is, the woman is a running machine, she's run marathons and countless 10Ks so this is a walk in the park for her. I just hope she trains for it and sees some results! It'd be nice to do a race with her too, not sure if we'd be running together or just doing the race at the same time - either way, I'm looking forward to it!

---

runthec - Why don't you try cooking? There are some super simple recipes that you can try! I've only just started Season 1, my next mission is like mission 4 I think? The lost child one. I'm a teacher in Japan, I noticed you said you don't want to leave the States but yeah...I had no experience teaching, I wasn't even qualified, but I'm a teacher here. It's a bit surreal!

Ms A - Maybe try calorie counting the best you can? I'm not sure how to advise you on the taste testing, maybe there are some chefs out there on the internet who could give you some advice!

versace - Yeah, in season 1 you only pick up 1 material per mission so it really limits what you can do!! But season 2 I'm sure you can more per mission? Either way, it's a great motivational tool! Well done on the 2 lbs down and all the miles you're running! You're a beast!

namaste - Well done on beating all your records! Keep it up and you'll be in onederland no problem!! I bet that'll be an awesome milestone!!

anity - Woohoo! Keep it up!!

dehtripper - Well the rules are on the first page, you can come back in if you want! I'll put you back in the game. Be sure to enter your weights asap.

jessica2231
09-26-2013, 09:24 AM
ok time for a reality check for me!!! I do have time to make food and eat healthy and I dont need to have midnight snacks after class. I weighed in this morning at 236!!! Thats more than what I started the challenge with. I am very disappointed in myself. Today I have planned out my food and hopefully I will go for a 20min walk in the afternoon.

Congrats to all on your losses!

namaste984
09-26-2013, 09:29 AM
Weighed in at 201.6 after my run. So stinkin' close! Maybe tomorrow? lol

kisskiss
09-26-2013, 12:41 PM
anity:
Congrats on being at an all time low! Nice job! :carrot:

Riestrella:
that 10k sounds fun, especially because you got your mom involved. I don't know any friends or family that would be interested in running the LA marathon with me. I'm trying to convince my brother to do it with me. Regardless, I'll be doing it because the kids I run with are training for it. Still it would be nice to run with family.

namaste984:
Sooo close!!! you're almost in onederland!
I have to run a 5k after work and then mentally prepare myself to run it on Saturday in the actual race. I'm pretty excited, and I know I can run it, I'm just a little nervous since I've never ran a formal 5k.

My week has been going good in that I've been exercising and eating clean. But, It's also been super stressful here at work. I cannot wait for the weekend.

Atarimae
09-26-2013, 09:25 PM
Hi everyone! I have mostly been lurking, but nonetheless I'm still around! Congrats to everyone on the losses and all the running! Ugh, I'm still very out of shape. I also just hate running, so I bike, dance like a dummy, or do random movements to get my heart rate up, instead of running.

Anyway, I should be making it a habit of checking in more often. Although I won't be fully pleased by Halloween, it's a great mini goal for sure. Also, my friend just convinced me to go to this anime convention that happens in the spring. I've never really cosplayed, like ever, but I figure that's some good motivation to actually look GOOD in what I'm wearing, no? LOL.

Hope everyone's week is going well! :hug:

anity
09-26-2013, 09:33 PM
runthecontinent - yes, we do need teachers in here, and normally foreigners (not necessarily natives) are quite sought. In my school, we have teachers from Sweden, Poland and Mexico. And it's a quite small one!
The reason I'm coming to your corner of the world is this crazy little thing called love... lol! My boyfriend is from there and I finally get to move in with him. I'll also study my Master's at the Lille University.

Riestella - To me, it seems to be the best way to enjoy vacations back home! I hope you and your mom enjoy this 10K!

jessica2231 - I also get home quite late and what I do in order not to eat is to drink a cup of tea. I like having some sort of ritual after I get home, I just figured we don't need to involve calories in this.

namaste984 - almost there! I'm cheering for you, onederland is so close!

kisskiss - thank you! And congrats for your pound lost! I hope you enjoy your 5K, I'm sure you'll do fine!

I'm so stressed these days. It's my last semester at the university, I'm also working and getting ready for my expatriation, and sometimes it's just too much. I have a lot of trouble coping with stress, I tend to turn to food. Today, I spent my whole way back home from work battling my impulse to get a stock of greasy, sugary fast food to go through my night (I've got an essay to write and a presentation due tomorrow). I'm really willing to keep my healthier lifestyle, so I ended up winning the battle!

But it makes me wonder how could I cope with stress instead of eating it off. I've gotta survive till the end of the year!

Riestrella
09-28-2013, 09:34 AM
Hey hey! 10K training is A-GO! I made myself a chart to stick to, so I'm feeling really focused right now. Yesterday was a strength day, I'm really feeling the benefits of lifting when I run. My knees don't feel as sore during or after a run because I'm working muscles in my legs - so that's a huge relief! I was quite worried that my knees would just get worse, so I'm very very happy with the results of strength training with weights. My run today kinda sucked, I felt really sluggish! I did 2 miles in around 28:30 which put my pace at 14:15 min/mile. I got out my old running charts and I was running 10 min/miles consistently throughout my last 10K training! But I guess I was doing Insanity before that bout of training so my level of fitness was higher.

As much as I loved Insanity I just don't think I have the time to do it any more! But it was amazing for the plyometrics. I had time when I worked part time but now I work full time I just want to eat, workout and then have time to do stuff before I go to bed! Would recommend it to anyone who's running as a cross training session.

Weight wise I've been hanging out at 158 lbs, I forgot to weigh in this morning which I was annoyed about because I could have dropped! So tomorrow will be my last chance to weigh in for the week (I always use the lowest number for my official W.I!). I'm kinda gutted that I'm LAST in this challenge, being the challenge maker and all! But now I've got a 10K to train for I think the weight will start coming off me soon.

Eating has gotten a lot better! Been cooking again and making healthy lunches so that helps. Today I didn't really eat much, so maybe that will cause a big drop on the scale. I don't purposefully eat less to lose weight, but if my day ends up that way then I don't try and force food in me just for the sake of it.

We're almost halfway there! Just 1 more day and we'll be into week 6 out of 10!! Already got my next challenge ready, there'll be a slight overlap but let's finish this strong!

-----------------

jessica - What exactly is a healthy day like for you? Maybe you're trying to be TOO healthy and you just crave the junk food because of it? I know that's how I worked when I started out, if I just tried to cut out everything all at once I would relapse! I had to slowly make substitutions to my daily meals, and those happened because I wanted to fuel my exercise so I didn't feel I SHOULD do it but I WANTED to do it. And when your motivations are founded by you wanting to make a change - they will stick. But, don't beat yourself up, it's taken me years to learn how to cope with my relationship with food! You can do it, but it takes baby steps! Especially if you're in a stressful time of your life, it's tough, but it's definitely possible, so don't give up!

namaste - Oh man, SO CLOSE!! I'm really rooting for you!! Can't wait to see you weigh in in ONEDERLAND!

kisskiss - I ran my first 10k alone but the second one I ran in a group with work friends, and even though I didn't wait for them knowing that they were there in the race was great. And being able to cheer people to the finish line was awesome! 5K? That'll be easy for you! I love races, you feel so pumped and run so much faster than usual because of the adrenaline!

Atarimae - Hey, there's no problem with not running! Biking and dancing like a fool is fun and a great workout! Are you going to cosplay? Who would you go at? I won't be at goal by halloween, I gained too much during the challenge but oh welly! Just do our best, eh?

anity - I know how you feel, I FAILED with that battle when I was at Uni which is how I ended up a 200 lbs, so try your best to cope! WELL DONE resisting this time, keep it up!! It's hard, but possible!!

Rated
09-28-2013, 01:45 PM
I have had an amazing week. I am now down to 171.4 with 2 days until my official weigh in I am already 1.6 pounds down. I can't wait for the 160's. I am buying myself a reward for every 10 lbs lost and once I am at 170 I can buy my first prize.

I feel I have had some great break throughs this week in regards to how I view food. I came home from work really sick and stressed one day and I really wanted to make myself a HUGE plate of alfredo pasta. But then I realized that eating the pasta wasn't going to make me feel better, I also realized that I didn't deserve the pasta because I had a bad day. Then I ate my normal meal and didn't think about the pasta for the rest of the night.

Then a few days later my boyfriend was going to the store and asked if I wanted anything. I said I wanted a chocolate bar, he knows I am eating healthier and asked if I really should have one. I justified it with yes, it is that time of the month, I can eat chocolate if I want to. Then I realized in my head that I didn't deserve to eat chocolate and changed my mind.

I feel like this realization is a huge step in my weight loss journey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kisskiss – Today is Saturday so good luck on your 5K. Let us know how it goes!

Anity – That is an awesome victory to not indulge in your fast food craving. I remember all the work at university and I would use it to rationalize eating a big bag of Cheetos and an entire box of cheesy pasta in one sitting to myself.
I never figured out how to cope with the stress instead of eating while in university but sometimes when I come home from a hard day at work and I really want to eat an unhealthy dinner I just stop, acknowledge that I am stressed tell myself that an unhealthy meal will not cure my stress/I don’t deserve an unhealthy meal because I am stressed and then I continue on. I hope you find a way that works for you. But if you are already beating the cravings you are on the right track!

Riestrella – I am excited for your 10K and I love that you made a chart for your training. I always find things like that help me stay accountable. I wouldn’t worry about where you are in the challenge. I have been working my butt off and I still can’t get into the top 20. All that matters is that this challenge is helping you make healthy choices, I would consider that a win!

Riestrella
09-28-2013, 09:17 PM
I weighed in this morning at 158.5 lbs, which is a whole 1.1 lb drop than earlier in the week! So I'm happy with that. However I realise I'm still 2 lbs up from when I started this challenge, so I changed my goal weight to match a 1 lb drop per week until Halloween. Which puts my goal weight at 153 lbs instead of 148 lbs. A bit disappointed that I could be heading towards the 140s instead of the low 150s, but oh welly...can't dwell on it for long. With my 10K training I know I'll be in the 140s soon since I have something to work towards, so rather than thinking "I really should workout" it's become "I have to workout to be better!" So I'm excited. Plus my chart now acts as a count down to Christmas!

Today I'm going to do a 3 mile run, I'm hoping I feel better than yesterdays sluggish performance. EDIT: Did the 3 miles, my pace was a whole TWO minutes faster than yesterday! So I'm feeling proud about that. I made this dish tonight: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/sweet-sticky-and-spicy-chicken/detail.aspx Not sure what went wrong but my sauce just didn't really taste of anything =S. I got the spice but I didn't taste much sweet...I really hate it when a recipe doesn't go how I imagined!!

------------

Rated - Awesome job, you're so close to the 160s!! Wow, amazing resistance power regarding the guilty food! I always respect those who are close but say NO in the end. I've succumbed many a time to the "I'm tired and stressed" meal, it's something I'm still learning to do. So mad props, girl! What will your 10 lbs down reward be?

Rated
09-28-2013, 11:07 PM
Riestrella - I agree it is disappointing when you could be at a lower weight when you expected to be but I really think the most important thing is that you keep going. Even when the results aren't what you want you keep going because you know if you do eventually the results will go in the right direction. Are you using a specific training program for your 10K? or are you making your own?

My 10 lbs down reward is some fashion scarfs that I saw online. Normally I wouldn't buy myself scarves since I don't wear them a lot but I figure I want to buy things I normally wouldn't. I can't decide which colour I like best so I told myself if I made my goal by Oct 5 I could have them both!

Another awesome victory today was my boyfriends birthday is tomorrow, and he is also trying to lose weight. We weren't sure what to do about the cake, but I didn't want him to miss out. So I made the cake (from a box) and substituted apple sauce instead of oil. You wouldn't know the difference but the amount of calories saved it huge! We also decided to top the cake with fruit instead of icing.

Riestrella
09-29-2013, 02:27 AM
Rated - Thanks, yeah, you're completely right - I will simply keep going until I reach my goal no matter what. I'm using Hal Higdon's 10K novice training programme as a template, doing the same runs he suggests but putting in strength days in between and as cross training. I had great success with the same programme before, so I'm looking forward to taking it on again for the 3rd time!
Nice, that sounds like a great treat to yourself! Especially since Autumn is here. Great job on the cake!!

lilsquirrel
09-29-2013, 07:21 AM
Wow, I've had a surprising week! I was aiming for 1lb per week as with all the ups and down that is a reasonable, realistic goal.

.... I've lost 4.8lbs this week - just 2.4lbs away from Halloween goal! :carrot:

I've actually upped my calories and have joined a gym so that's probably what is working for me right now. I'll leave my goal as is for now, you never know what might happen for next week, but I think I might move my December mini-goal up a month :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Riestrella - You'll be in the 140's in no time! You've done a 10K before, you can do it well again. Just think about how far you've already come! :D

Riestrella
09-30-2013, 06:18 AM
Week 5 Chart!

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q381/Riestrella/week5_zpsfb883e66.jpg (http://s349.photobucket.com/user/Riestrella/media/week5_zpsfb883e66.jpg.html)

Riestrella
09-30-2013, 08:23 AM
lilsquirrel - WOAH! What a drop!! Well done!! Thanks for the support =)

Mara
09-30-2013, 08:28 AM
Thanks in part to this challenge I finally made it to 50 pound lost! Woohoo. Hope everyone has a great week. :)

kisskiss
09-30-2013, 10:43 AM
Rated:
I used to reward myself every 15 pounds and it definitely motivated me. That is a huge realization! It takes a lot of self control and willpower to say no to bad foods, and understanding that food doesn't equate happiness was one of the things I had to figure out too. If I was stressed, I would eat badly and then feel like crap. I try not to do that anymore, and it gets easier once you're able to say "it isn't going to make me feel better" to eat that.

Riestrella:
Nice job on your faster pace!! You should feel proud of that :D
Don't dwell to much on trying to get to the 140s, once you hit those mid 150s you'll be there. It'll happen for you. When I cook, it never comes out like I imagined or like the recipe pictures look, lol. But I try occasionally. What do you put on your chart? Is it like an excel sheet or something more visual and bigger? I think I wanna do something like that, may be it'll help motivate me more.

lilsquirrel:
That's quite a loss! Excellent :cp:

Mara:
Wow awesome job!!:carrot:

__________________________________________________ _______________

On Saturday I ran my first official 5k. I've been running that 3 times a week after school with the kids I work with, so I was nervous but excited and sure I could do it. Well it was freaking awesome. I had this great time, it was awesome to see my students accomplish this, and the energy was incredible. Plus I got a little 5k medal lol. My pace was 8:39, which is the fastest I've done so I'm ecstatic about that. My next official run is Halloween weekend and it's a 10k.
Weight wise I am at 145, so I'm good with that. I'm about 5 pounds away from my Halloween goal challenge and I think I can do that by Halloween if I keep this pace.
happy Monday everyone!

dehtripper
10-01-2013, 07:33 AM
Riestrella & kisskiss: Your runs are inspiring! I have eased off on the running due to lifting but I really want to do at least one 5 or 10k someday. Well done!!!

Mara & lilsquirrel - great job!!!!!!

Riestrella
10-01-2013, 08:41 AM
Yesterday was a pretty bad day, I didn't eat a lot but what I did eat and drink at the end wasn't great =/. I had chips, chocolate and coke - the three big C's that I just can't seem to resist!! Today I over ate a little...but I packed a small lunch since I didn't have time in the morning to make a big one so maybe that's why I felt I needed more food?

I did do my strength workout today though, so I'm happy I got off my arse and did something! Been feeling really tired at work the past 2 days, think the changing of the season is weighing heavy on my body, everyone else seems really drained too!

I weighed in at 159.1 lbs this morning, so a slight gain from yesterday but hoping it drops down tomorrow. Need to keep drinking water, it's so hard to keep up with my intake at work since I honestly just forget to!!

In other news I'm going to be an assistant director on a short film at the beginning of November! Film is something I'm passionate about, my dream is to be a director some day, so this will be great experience.

---

kiss - It's basically this: http://www.halhigdon.com/assets/_legacy/10ktraining/10knovice.pdf But I customised it to have strength days instead of cross days. I've followed the same programme twice before for the 2 10K races I've done and got great results! I cross out a box for each workout I do. Congratulations on your first race! And what a great pace!! That's the pace I'm hoping to achieve for my 10K! Sounds like you've caught the race fever?? I love races! Awesome job with your weight too, keep it up!

dehtripper - Thanks! I'm doing lifting and running now, I really like the two. Lifting is so relaxing for me, I can do it in my own home and still feel like I've done something worth while! You should definitely try for a race, they're awesome!

namaste984
10-01-2013, 01:42 PM
I am at 200.8! I'm almost at goal! So stinkin excited! :carrot:

Have a little bit of a knee injury so I'm focusing more on weight training and light walks for the next few days until the knee heals up. :)

versace
10-01-2013, 02:18 PM
Oh my god this past week was kind of ridiculous for me. I had two birthday parties I went to, and totally had way too much cake & ice cream at both, and then this weekend I was helping out for a bake sale. I made enough baked goods to fill 26 boxes, and I so did not even try to stop myself from sampling the little brownie bites or cupcakes or cookies. Add this to school stress, and I was going to be happy to have just not gained anything by weigh in this morning.

But! I'm down another 2 lbs. I think I'll need to be a little more careful this week, though, lol.

dehtripper
10-02-2013, 07:42 AM
Geez Louise, I need to get my head in the game again haha. Scale keeps going the wrong direction. I feel that this weeks gain is part TOM bloating and of course my own doing with celebrations post playing my last derby game of the season.

NOW, time to refocus. There's a zombie walk here this weekend. Definitely won't be a sexy costume, but definitely fun time to pre-test a costume.

Ms A
10-02-2013, 11:05 AM
I've gained nearly a pound because I've been sick for the past week and a half. Also, I had food poisoning Monday, and I've been so stressed out from work and school :( right now I am snacking on grapes while studying to motivate myself, and when I am better I will start exercising again (as I currently can't even walk too much without spurring a coughing attack).

jessica2231
10-03-2013, 09:17 AM
anity- thank you tea sounds like a great idea!

Riestrella-- I will eat on healthy days Salads and chicken and rice combos. breakfast will be something with an egg. and fruits and veggies.
on my unhealthy days would be like anything i get my hands on. I think I need balance and Im always feeling guilty if I have chips or comfort food. What does your normal day look like?

KissKiss- Wow your pictures are amazing you are beautiful lovely!

Mara- Woohoo thats awesome!

Namaste- woohooo!!!!! Go you!!!!

MS A- I know the feeling. but alot of times when you are sick your body holds onto water. Oxygen is used in all metabolic processes and our bodies get it and make water and its probably what going on with your body fighting some sort of microbe off. Hope you feel better soon!

Versace- Great job! Parties are so hard for me! I am socially awkward and use food for comfort. Thats a major win that you did good! Awesome and kudos to you!

dehtripper- In the same boat. I am just getting back on track.

Everytime I look at the challenge chart I think arrrrgh! if i would've just stuck with it. But But But! lol I am still at it. I am trying to look at the fact that I am still here and working at it. I want to go get some weights when I get paid and tomorrow I want to start doing pilates. :) I am here and trying and thats what counts the most. I know I am doing my best. (some days not so much but still here) I know I need balance and the balance is what I am working at.

kisskiss
10-03-2013, 10:53 AM
Riestrella:
thanks for sharing that link. I'm going to try to make a similar chart for myself. Congrats on being asst director! That sounds fun! What genre movie will it be?

namaste:
soooooo close :D !!!

versace:
congrats on being down two pounds. I am salivating imagining all those baked goods lol. I used to work at Mrs. Field's Cookies, so I can definitely relate to being tempted by cupcakes and brownies.

dehtripper:
Good luck on your zombie walk!!! I gain a little during TOM, so it can definitely be that. Derby...as in roller derby? those girls look awesome! and tough lol.

Ms A:
Being sick and food poisoning are pretty legit reasons for not losing weight/exercising. Don't be too hard on yourself, you'll start exercising again when you feel better!!!

jessica:
thank you :D
you are still going, you haven't given up! that's the most important thing to remember. I have weights, I just haven't given them the attention they deserve. Going to try to change that soon because I know toning is just as important to losing weight. Are you taking a pilates class or dvd? I really want to try some kind of exercise class (lol not zumba, I can't keep up), but I haven't decided what type to try.
This week is going by sooooooo fast. Which is good, I look forward to my weekends. I had a terrible cheat day on Tuesday. Chinese food. geezus, it was delicious. I just overate and that reflected in the scale yesterday. But, I'm at 144 today, which made me super happy. I have to run a few miles after work today, and then I plan on starting up 30day shred again. Hope you ladies are having a good week !

dehtripper
10-03-2013, 04:02 PM
kisskiss - man i feel the same way about the week going by so quick. Weekends are good but I'm just realizing all the things I meant to get done before it got here. Semesters pick up soo quick. And yes derby = roller derby. Just finished my third season overall, but first season not being the "big slow sturdy" girl haha.

jessica - hang in there!!! showing up and making that effort is often the hardest part. :)

naffy
10-03-2013, 09:50 PM
I've been super busy and haven't had time to update my weight in 2 weeks! but i'm still sticking to my diet, so i'd love to be let back in. i'm re-adding my info to the chart.

xo

jessica2231
10-04-2013, 09:34 AM
Morning everyone! Hope all are well. I am coming to the close of a week from the abyss at work! It has been so busy and tiring I cant wait to go to bed already lol! Its only 6:32am here. All in all though I am doing good. Thankfully. :)

KissKiss- Thank you and I cant wait to start my pilates today and then next friday when I get paid I want to get some weights! :)

Dehtripper- Thank you!

lilsquirrel
10-04-2013, 12:27 PM
Erugh.. so this has been a rough week. Freshers week all over again!

Gave into a binge/too much alcohol on Monday so I've spent all week working it off. Hopefully I'll not have a net gain by Sunday. I've learnt my lesson now - the only treats I'm allowed to buy have to be individual size and not more than 2 a week - otherwise I can demolish a packet in one sitting!

A few more hardcore gym sessions left to make up for it :)

Riestrella
10-04-2013, 10:07 PM
So this week has been a big fail for me! Food has been generally ok, but been super lazy with working out. My weight has been hovering around 158/159 lbs, but I haven't been on top of my water intake so I'm hoping I have a drop soon? I need to put the work in with working out though. I know generally the rule of thumb is that 70% is what you eat, but I always find working out consistently has a strong correlation with my weight loss.

---

namaste - Oooh, so close!! Keep it up!!

versace - Wow, lucky escape with the weight loss after eating all that sugar!! Best to get back on it just in case ;p

dehtripper - I know how you feel, I started this out at 156 lbs and now I'm pretty much 159 lbs!! We've definitely have to focus and we can do it!!

Ms A - Sorry you got sick! Don't worry about weight gain while being sick, it can't be helped!

jessica - Seems to me like you need to stop thinking of your days as being either healthy or unhealthy. Your mentality towards food seems to be either you're really good or you're really bad, which isn't going to help you in the long run. Start thinking about your days as just days! To be successful in weight loss we have to change how we think of food, food is fuel and it shouldn't act as a comforter. My regular days are cereal/oatmeal for breakfast with a glass of OJ, a peanut butter sandwich (whole grain bread if I can find it), a banana, a mini salad (really hate salads, but I know I need veg!) and my dinner is usually something like chicken with sweet potato. I have apple, greek yogurt and a bit of honey as a snack. Sometimes I eat something extra, like a bag of chips, a chocolate bar or drink a can of coke. If I made a whole DAY like that though, then I know that my progress will come to a stop. It's alright to have a cheat "moment" but not a cheat DAY in my opinion!
I know exactly how you feel about looking at the chart, I've gained since we started and I'm the one who started the challenge itself! But it's important, as others have told me, that we're still making an effort and we're learning one step at a time. We can do it, and I'll be hosting a Christmas/New Year one too so if we don't succeed in this challenge we can rock the next one!!

kisskiss - The film will be a drama. I'm not the biggest fan of the story but a job is a job and I love making films so it's good experience! We all have those days where we slip up, I know I do! It's good to treat yourself though, and the gain wasn't that bad!

naffy - Welcome back! Good to see you're back in the game.

lilsquirrel - Sometimes weight gain isn't just about the food you eat, but maybe the water you're not drinking or the amount of good food you're not eating. I used to think "i'll eat a pizza but I'll run it off tomorrow" but it's really not the way it works! Just erase the guilt you feel about what you ate/drink and get back to normal the next day. =)

anity
10-05-2013, 01:34 PM
Whoa, it's been a tough week, but I'm managing to stay on track, despite all stress around me. Last night I weighed in, out of curiosity, and almost tripped: I was at 177.5, after all the hard work. I was so discouraged... but it was all water weight: in the morning, I was down 4 pounds! I'm used to weight fluctuation, but this was crazy!

I managed to lose almost 3 pounds this week! I'm so happy! :carrot:

Keep up the good work, everyone! :)

Riestrella
10-06-2013, 09:03 AM
Well, this week was a bit of a fail! I was going to run today, but I just didn't. I can only explain it as just not wanting to do it. I do enjoy running, but man, it takes me a long time to get into the habit of doing it. I know I'll feel awesome at the end of a run, but getting out the door when so many things can distract me is tough.

I went up in the middle of the week but managed to bring my weight back down to be the same as last weeks. A bit disappointed I didn't lose anything, but at least I'm not heavier than I was last week? Feels like I'm starting right from the beginning even though I've already lost 41 lbs.

---

anity - I think you just learned the lesson of timing your weigh ins. Never ever weigh in any time other than first thing in the morning before you've eaten!! Your weight can fluctuate insanely, but morning weigh ins are the most accurate. Great work on the 3 lbs down this week!!

Riestrella
10-07-2013, 08:12 AM
Week 6 Chart!!

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q381/Riestrella/week6_zpsa2dc5517.jpg (http://s349.photobucket.com/user/Riestrella/media/week6_zpsa2dc5517.jpg.html)

dehtripper
10-07-2013, 09:00 AM
Soooo I did my zombie walk this weekend, and dressed as the black dahlia. Well an open interpretation of if cause I can't hide my huge blond dreads under any black wig. Anyhow, may not be a typical "sexy" costume but it is MILES prettier/more feminine of a costume than I ever do. Pretty much the girliest undead thing I could do. Picture here (kinda gory) (http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c307/dehtripper/d36774262f4d11e38b3722000a1f99d9_8.jpg)

Also - I weighed in at 143.6 this weekend :) I don't want to update my official entry for the week cause its a good motivator. But its also nice to know that I'm not actually putting on solid fat and it IS possible to get out of the 140's this millennia.

ChickieBoom
10-07-2013, 02:12 PM
I am such a slacker. I have been completely out of control this last month but I'm back now and ready to dig in. Can I be added back in please? I started a Boot Camp program this morning and it's going to run for 2 months. I'm recommitting myself to clean eating and I'm giving up the booze for the next couple of months. I'm hoping to be closer to goal this Christmas.

jessica2231
10-08-2013, 10:10 AM
lilsquirrel- Hey girl its ok. Your still here, right? I have times like that to but we are still kicking. :)

Riestrella- You totally hit the nail on the head! Thats exactly what I do!!!! I will have one "bad" thing and then I will be like screw this whole day. whatever screw three days!!! I totally need to reverse my thinking on this.

EVERYONE who lost- Great job on the loss!!!

Everyone who is struggling- Its ok hold on. This to shall pass

lilsquirrel
10-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Wow, I am majorly going to have to control binging this week. Unfortunately, one of my dogs passed away on Monday night :(

I'm not expecting great things this week, or anything for that matter, but I'm going to try and use exercise as a distraction.

versace
10-08-2013, 12:39 PM
lilsquirrel: Oh, that is terrible. I am so sorry to hear that. :hug:

ChickieBoom: Good job on pulling yourself back on track! Gosh, that can be so hard to do, especially after a detour lasting for so long.

jessica2231: LOL, me too@ socially awkward at parties. But to add to that, delicious looking food that I try to limit being *right there*, with everyone pushing it at you, makes it so hard to pass up.

And yeah, you're still coming here, so that is for sure something! Did you start with weights and pilates yet?

Riestrella: Christ, I know, right? I was thinking for sure that it'd either show up on that weigh in, or even possibly come a little late and reflect on this week's scale, but apparently I'm in the clear.

And I so know that feeling, the knowing I should run and just not feeling like it, but it's just something you have to push yourself through to form the habit. Since this semester started for me, I really have only been running on Mondays because only day I have time, so on Mondays I don't even let myself think about whether I actually feel like running or not, and just do it.

So this past week started slightly out of control with eating, but I managed to rein myself back under control about midway, and I'm fully back on track. PLUS, the super stress of classes should be subsiding a bit with one of my courses, the most insane of the lot of them, ending this upcoming Sunday! Which means more sleep, more time to exercise, and waaay less ghrelin pumping through my system. Oh my gosh that's going to be an outright 3 less hours to devote to school, 4 less chapters to read a week, 4 less book assignments, 8 less papers to write, and 12 less quizzes to take fdlsgdf I'm so happy I made it through this stupid, accelerated class.

At weigh in this morning, I was expecting to finally see some consequences from the previous week's baking binge, or from the fumbling at the beginning of the week, but I'm down another 2 lbs! Which holy heck, I'm actually in the 150s??????!? I don't think I've been this light since, idk, middle school. Also, last night, I went to put on some cute, Halloween pajama shorts I've had for a few years now, thinking it'd be fine because elastic band waist, right? But I've actually shrunk so much that they are falling off my hips regardless. :dizzy:

I have to bake again this week, though, so hopefully I'll be able to keep how much I taste test to a minimum. And with Halloween coming closer, I'm going to need to watch myself with Halloween candy.

NorthernChick13
10-08-2013, 01:04 PM
Hey team! I finally saw a loss today- hello 140's! I am now getting hella pumped for Halloween! My costumes arrived and they fit! GETTING PUMPED!

kisskiss
10-08-2013, 02:54 PM
lilsquirrel:
So sorry about your doggie :hug:

versace:
Good for you for getting back on track :D yay, sounds like this course ending is going to give you more stress-free time plus you lost 2 pounds? Congrats!

NorthernChick13:
woot woot! I was super excited that my costume fit, especially since they tend to run small in most cases. I have a costume party on October 19, and I am sooooo excited about dressing up this year.

I have been doing pretty good this past week (great on exercise, good on food). But, I've weighed in at the 143 range for the past few days. it's like my scale is taunting me, it doesn't want me to break into the 130s. Ugh. I was so mad that I walked over to Starbucks during my break and planned on ordering the most chocolately pastry and frap. Ended up ordering a small Skinny Vanilla Latte and a banana. Seriously. LOL.
Hope you ladies are having a better week than me! I can't believe it's only Tuesday.

Riestrella
10-09-2013, 08:04 AM
Ugh, my neck has locked up!! This morning it wasn't too bad, but as the day has gone by and I've been at work (had a few co-workers attempt to help but only seems to have made it worse!) it's insanely painful! To the point where lifting my arms triggers intense pain. So running and lifting and exercising in general has been blown out of the window today and perhaps the next few days! So annoyed! I just spent an hour massaging, stretching and applying both cold and heat. Taken a few advil too. Will have to repeat the process tomorrow if it doesn't get better. Sleeping tonight is going to suck!

Been really struggling recently guys...starting to battle some issues with my relationship with food and laziness. I know the formula for losing weight - you eat clean and you exercise. It seems recently I can't get either of those right. I'm not sure what's up with me, I really do want to be thin and healthy, it's sadly one of my dreams...but my feelings and my actions aren't matching up. Last night I was going to go for a run. I thought "I need to run because it's a part of my 10K training." But then I said "well, the 10K isn't until December, I can start in November." The stupid thing is, I didn't run! I actually talked myself out of it!!

My boyfriend talked to me about healthy living, how it just has to be something I do or else I'm not going to achieve what I want to achieve. I just have to WANT to eat right. But...I really don't want to! I know it sounds crazy, but I just don't like vegetables! Salads, no matter what the dressing, bore me and sometimes make me gag. I know that seems like an overstatement, but I ACTUALLY gag when I make myself a salad. I just love bad food...not necessary giant tubs of ice cream and eating the entire contents of a biscuit tin...but I love pasta and pizza and burgers. Because of my weight loss journey I am more conscious about what I eat, I try and eat in moderation and avoid being bad a lot, but I guess I'm starting to realise that I will never be able to cut out what I love to eat no matter how bad it is.

I don't know, I guess I'm in a bad place at the moment. I'm terribly homesick, I've not seen my family, my baby nephew or my friends for 10 months and I live in a country where I don't feel completely at home. I don't necessarily want to leave and move back to my home town, I think I just want to feel like I'm completely happy and not waiting for that happiness. I think it's messing with my weight loss if I'm honest, I just don't feel motivated to do anything...

Anyway, great job everyone! I love hosting these challenges and seeing all your progress =)

-------

dehtripper - Woah, that makeup is INSANE! Looks so real it's awesome! Congrats on the loss!! You're doing amazing!

ChickieB - You're back in! Good luck with the new regime, I hope it works for you!

jessica - Don't worry, I'm going through a hard time too! This weight loss malarky is complicated!! I wish it was simple as just flicking a switch and being healthy!

lilsquirrel - I'm so sorry about your dog...losing my little princess was like losing a limb. I still get upset 2 years on. Do what you need to do and don't put too much pressure on yourself.

versace - You're absolutely right, it should be something I should just do. I don't even dislike running, I am a runner - I love running...not sure what's up with me at the moment. Woah, what was that crazy class you were taking?! Sounds like a LOAD off your schedule! Awesome! Woah, I am SO happy for you but also hate you a little bit haha! But I'm so glad you lost and didn't gain, I mean that!! Give me some of your magic will ya?! Man, I would say be careful with the cake and candy but you just seem to keep losing! Could be the running? When I was running consistently and I stopped and ate a bit poorly I continued to lose! It's beyond epic...but doesn't last forever unfortunately!! Congratulations on entering the 150s, soon the 140s!!

kisskiss - Omg even when you're upset and PLAN to be naughty you stay healthy!! That is INSANE! I think because you're super close to your goal you might have to change things up to reach your goal. I read Jillian Michaels's "Making The Cut" about losing the last 20 lbs or so and it's pretty intense!! All about keeping your body guessing and eating super clean. But before you panic just wait this out a bit, you're not always going to lose every week, you know? It will take longer now you're so close! But you've done amazing, keep at it!!

namaste984
10-09-2013, 08:46 PM
Sorry I've been MIA. Right at 200 for 2 days in a row! I'm hoping for a loss tomorrow! :)

anity
10-12-2013, 09:50 AM
How is everyone doing? It's been kinda quiet around here... three weeks to go till Halloween, time to get pumped! Let's work hard, everyone!

ChickieBoom - Welcome back! :)

lilsquirrel - I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. :hug:

versace - Wow, congratulations on making to the 150's! And congrats on your course ending, too! I'm jealous of you! :lol: Having more time certainly can help you keep losing weight!

NorthernChick13 - Awesome, congratulations on making it to the 140's! :)

kisskiss - keep it up and soon you'll see the change! Haha, your choice at Starbucks was pretty awesome. Keep it up!

Riestrella - Homesickness is so hard... when are you coming back for a visit?
It sounds like this is making you boycott yourself, stopping you from doing whatever you know would make you happy? That happens to me sometimes. Try not to think much when you have to act and simply *do* things: just get out there and start running! Just make some efforts to go back on track. It's hard when we're through a hard stage of life, but it's definitely not impossible and you probably know how much it can help you feel better in life overall.
Besides, don't forget how much you've accomplished so far, you've lost over 40 pounds, you've hit so many milestones. Your life must now be so different than what it used to be, before you started the weight loss journey!

namaste984 - oh wow!!! You'll be in onederland so soon, keep it up! I'm cheering for you! :carrot:

I ate terribly this week. It started on Saturday evening, when I decided it'd be harmless to order a small pizza... and I guess it was just a trigger to go back into binging on unhealthy food.

The funny thing is, I haven't actually been craving "bad" food, I've been working hard to keep healthy habits, and I've started to enjoy eating clean. I felt terrible to irrationally start again eating things that I knew I didn't even like that much anymore, so 2 days ago I forced myself to go back on track. It wasn't easy! This week, I thought for sure I was going to gain some weight (during some days I got as high as 3 pounds up), but it was actually a shock to weigh in today and find out I've actually lost 0.2 lb! It's a small loss, but it's a loss and I wasn't expecting that.

My dad just invited me to spend New Year's at the beach with my family. It sounds great, down here it'll be summer, Brazilians love spending New Year's at the beach. I decided that, for the first time in my life, I'll stop being embarrassed of my body and get myself a bikini! I'll work hard since I'd like to lose another 10-12 lbs till then, but my mind is really set. I've never worn a bikini in my life out of embarrassment, not even when I was a child and not overweight. But now I feel so much more comfortable in my own skin. It's funny how feeling fat is about the inside, not the outside.

Riestrella
10-12-2013, 08:06 PM
Good news is, my sister is engaged! I'm going to be a bridesmaid! But that won't be for a long time, probably 2015, so here's to hoping I'm at my goal by then ;p. Something to look forward to as well. It didn't really help with my homesickness problem, especially when she was saying "I wish you were here." I had a meeting with some of the film crew I'll be working with at the end of the month, they're all lovely people. Then the next day I watched a film and went to eat with friends, so it made me forget about wanting to go home so badly and allowed me to enjoy the present day.

As for weight...hmm. Well I managed to lose weight this week, not a lot but still a loss. Got down to 158 on the dot. Wednesday during the meeting I ate a chili burger but I compensated for this by eating a lighter lunch. I also drank plenty of water and huzzah! A loss in the morning! That made me feel particularly good, because planning in advance didn't stall my weight loss. Friday night I was stupid...didn't drink water, had lots of pringles then my friend took us to his friends restaurant. I know this sounds stupid, but I felt like I had to eat to not appear rude. I didn't eat a lot, I ate a little bit of salad and a couple of pieces of chicken. It was delicious, but I wish I hadn't scoffed on pringles!! My weight was up in the morning, so I thought yesterday I was going to be good. I made it until the end of the night, but then I had some chips. I knew they were in the house...and I just wanted them so badly. My boyfriend bought them, and he shared some with me. I didn't drink enough water and I didn't go on a run like I intended to. Partially because it was really hot yesterday, but that's no real excuse right?

So I'm up today at 159.1 lbs...it's the number I always seem to return back to after being STUPID. I gained 1.1 lbs in the space of 3 days. I know I know, it's probably water weight...but still. It's an ever ending cycle! I do great then I screw it up over the weekend. It has to stop!!

-------------------

anity - I'll be going back to England on December 21st for 3 weeks. So it's coming up soon, but not soon enough! Thank you so much for your advice and encouragement, it's so nice of you <3. You're right, I do just have to change my mindset and DO IT! Need to make a change soon, because like my post says, it's getting out of control and it's not making me happy. If it's not making me happy then I need to do something about it!
Sounds like you've got a good mindset regarding your junk food binge. Don't worry too much about it though, you said it yourself you didn't really NEED the food you just wanted it. But now you know the way you feel after you eat it, you can channel those thoughts into yourself the next time you feel the need to eat poorly. But you clearly didn't eat TOO badly because of your loss! You're right - feeling fat is just a state of mind. You can be fat but still dress and act like you're not and in my experience those girls get just as much positive attention as thin girls do. You can definitely rock a bikini and enter the new year with a positive outlook on life and yourself! I'll be hosting a New Year challenge, starting today I think, so look out for it and we'll help you get to New Years!!

Riestrella
10-14-2013, 03:56 AM
Week 7 Chart! Lots of people didn't weigh in this week, hope you're all still doing well!

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q381/Riestrella/week7_zps71d78a9b.jpg

ChickieBoom
10-14-2013, 08:34 AM
Went to bootcamp this morning and had a great workout. The scale is finally starting to move in the right direction!

ChickieBoom
10-14-2013, 09:08 AM
Thanks for all the encouragement everyone! I've missed being on 3FC.

IsobelRose22
10-14-2013, 10:06 AM
Urgh! experiencing a massive stall due to Stress eating and TOM, so to breakthrough it I have joined Weight Watchers online and ramped up the half marathon training in a bid to get to my goal :)

lilsquirrel
10-14-2013, 10:38 AM
Thanks for all of your well wishes girlies. Understandably fell completely off the wagon last week - no exercise and comfort eating and lead to a mahooosive gain. Back on track today so hopefully I'll still be able to make goal by the end of the month.

Well done everyone! just by taking part in this shows you've made a commitment, even if it isn't showing itself on the scales just yet :)

anity
10-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Riestrella - That's awesome! Congratulations to your sister!! And nooooo, don't let the weekends ruin all the hard work you've put throughout the week! I have this problem too, I end up wanting to unwind on the weekend and this involves food somehow. But there are so many better things to enjoy on your free time, besides food! And don't worry, it's water weight and soon enough it'll come down again.
Thank you for your advice, and thanks so much for hosting a New Year challenge! These challenges are huge motivation, they really are pushing me forward into keeping losing weight. For over a year, I hadn't been losing weight, it feels great to be back on track!

ChickieBoom - Yay, that's great, the scale is moving! Have fun in the bootcamp!

IsobelRose22 - Sounds like a great initiative, I'm sure it'll help you break through!

lilsquirrel - That's great you're being strong, and commitment really does count a lot! That itself is a huge accomplishment, just keep moving forward. I'm sure you can do this!

kisskiss
10-14-2013, 05:02 PM
anity:
I also ate badly on Saturday (buffet :eek:) and Sunday wasn't much better. And yet, I actually weighed less! I still exercised both days, so may be that's why I didn't see a gain?
0.2 is a loss :D I say good job. and I say you can totally rock a bikini if you wanted to. I wore a bathing suit for the first time this summer (versus just shorts and a tshirt) and it felt great. Plus, who wouldn't want to spend NY at the beach :D that sounds fun.

Riestrella:
Congrats on your sister's engagement! I love attending weddings, and I've been a bridemaid 3 times. It's fun depending on the bride.

IsobelRose22:
oooh a half marathon? sounds fun, when is that going to be?
__________________________________________________ _______________
I weighed in at 142.6 and I really feel like I will see the lower side of the 140s this week. I didn't have the best weekend, but it wasn't terrible. Im super excited because I have family visiting from out of state this friday, and we are going to an early family Halloween party so I'll get to wear my Gypsy costume. Also, I bought a Pocahantas costume for my friend's party (no family members). It's a little immodest so a part of me feels like I shouldn't wear it but I also feel like I've worked hard for the last two years, so why not ? anyone else have more than once costume?

we're halfway through this challenge. Keep it up girls and Happy Monday!:carrot:

Riestrella
10-17-2013, 07:01 AM
Oh dear, we've all gone a bit quiet! Where did all the chatter go?! I hope you guys are hanging in there and making that last PUSH to get to your Halloween goal!

So I did some calculations and I worked out that to complete 10K training I need to start FOR REAL on the 21st. I've been on the odd run here and there...but that was a long time ago putting it into perspective =/. I'm quite happy that the new challenge is up (those of you who haven't signed up, go do it if you want another challenge!!) because I feel like I can start over. Yawn, yawn, sigh, right? "Start over" is such an over used phrase, I know, but I feel like I need to redeem myself this time around. I started this challenge with the fullest of intentions to kick some serious behind and lose weight...but I've gained.

Please keep up the amazing work and keep weighing in!! I want to see as many people as possible make it to Halloween!!

---

IsobelRose - You can do it! Is WW any good?

lilsquirrel - Glad you're back on track =)

anity - You're right, I know I'm stupid to let myself slip up SO much over the weekends. It's a bad habit I have to fix or I'll never be at my goal weight. You're very welcome, I'm so happy they're inspiring you!! That's why I spend the time to do these challenges =).

kisskiss - I've been a bridesmaid once, for my brothers (now ex) wife, didn't really feel special since I wasn't even sure why she wanted me to be a bridesmaid (to appear polite I suppose?) because we were never really close. So I'm super excited about being my sisters bridesmaid because we're closer! Ooh, sounds like you've got lots of Halloween shenanigans going on!! You should definitely rock the Pocahontas costume!! You've definitely got the sexiness to do so!! As for me, I'm wearing a Pikachu onesie and a Totoro onesie...haha! I'll be away shooting the film on Halloween so no parties for me!

dehtripper
10-18-2013, 07:55 AM
I've been quiet as a solemnly reflect on my thanksgiving transgressions, haha. Joking... we mostly. I supposedly gained nearly 6lbs over the weekend but since I only weight once a week I'm not sure if that a real number or an anomaly. Regardless, onward and upward... or downward i guess??

What kind of training program are you doing for your 10k?

Riestrella
10-18-2013, 08:13 PM
I'm going to my friends tonight, they're eaters suffice to say...so I'm going to try my best not to over indulge. One of the friends is annoyingly thin and naturally so, so I always feel a bit of a hippo in comparison. I know, it's bad to compare to other people, especially since she's a slender body type whereas I'm a curvy hour glass shape. I guess my body type is considered just as attractive as the slender physique but still.

Recently the weather has gotten chillier, which is great for my mood (reminds me of my native land!) but I've whipped out the ol' jeans and I've been HORRIFIED that I can no longer fit into them comfortably =(. I have an awful muffin top and my stomach, which can only be described as a gut now, hangs over the waist band. To conceal all awful pudginess I have to pull them over my stomach, but because my stomach is bigger it's really uncomfortable to wear them this way! Arghhh! It has given me a new sense of focus to lose weight, I want to fit into my clothes again!!!

In other news I will no longer be assistant directing on the film. Long story short, my work messed up and said yes to time off when it should have been a no, so I had to drop out. While I'm disappointed I am trying to stay positive and consider it a chance to train harder for my 10K. I would have been taking a 2 week break from it for the film but now I've got 2 extra week to kick some arse!

---

dehtripper - No worries about the gain. What time were you weighing? That could have affected the number considerably. I like to weigh in daily just to figure out where my weight is at so I know to be careful some days if I indulge on others. I'm doing Hal Higdon's 10K Novice programme, which you can see here: http://www.halhigdon.com/assets/_legacy/10ktraining/10knovice.pdf I've modified it a bit to incorporate more strength days instead of cross training (I have limited options here!), but the mileage is all the same.

anity
10-19-2013, 06:42 PM
It's my weigh in day today... and I lost 2 pounds, woohoo! :carrot:

I'm currently busy as a bee, but I wanted to say congrats to those who are sticking to the challenge (because only keeping track of it is already a huge accomplishment!), and to wish those who aren't doing so well to stay focused and determined!

We can do this, everyone!

Riestrella
10-21-2013, 05:30 AM
It's been awful quiet in here! We're also down to 19 contestants!! Oh boy, where did everyone go?!

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q381/Riestrella/week8_zpsa71ddad5.jpg

What are you wearing for Halloween next week?

Sarahlynn
10-21-2013, 06:49 AM
I know I haven't been particularly chatty during this challenge. I actually joined because I knew I would be too busy to check in daily during September and October but wanted to keep myself accountable. Thanks Riestrella for keeping this going as it kept me motivated and I have surpassed my Halloween goal already!

kisskiss I too have two costumes. My oldest son has a party at karate and my husband wont make it and because we are doing a couples costume I opted to match the kids. They are obsessed with plants vs. zombies and each dressing as one of the characters so I am going as the zombie with the orange cone on his head. I am wearing grey tights with jean shorts a white shirt a brown blazer and a red tie and then zombie makeup and an orange cone on my head. My "sexy" costume is Wilma Flinstone and then my hubby is Fred and our daughter Pebbles.

Mara
10-21-2013, 08:53 AM
I'm here. Work is always busy sicne we are going into the holday season.

I attended a weddign this weekend and I think I did pretty good since it was a buffet style. I had a big salad with a small side of bbq, corn and hashbrown casserole. And the tinest cupcake. It was so cute.

runthecontinent
10-21-2013, 11:26 AM
Hi everyone!

Riestrella - I'd like to be moved to the active chart again please! Been mostly offline because of work but I have kept track of my weight so I'll be able to fill in the blanks. Not that it will make much difference, cause I haven't actually lost any weight, but at least I'll make it to the end of the challenge. ;-)

Also sorry to hear that the film thing didn't work out! I love that you're staying positive and will use this time to work on your shape! And I am sure that opportunities like this will come around again for you!