100 lb. Club - I don't think I'm gonna lose anymore weight.

Mozzy
08-19-2013, 05:13 PM
I weighed in at 187.5 today, I'm usually around 185.
I'm ok at 185, even though it's not my goal weight.

But I realized something today... I'm not willing to make the effort (dropping my calories to 1200 or exercise more.) to lose any more weight.
I've become complacent and lazy. But I'm not willing to change, so I'm not gonna lose any more weight...

mygirlvj
08-19-2013, 05:22 PM
Hugs Mozzy Hugs!!

Just curious do you or have you had many days where you just eat whatever you want? Maybe even for a couple days in a row with a little gain? I've seen some people post that it has helped when they got on track again to get the scale moving.

I wish you happiness with whatever you decide. Just make sure you keep us in the loop :)

MauiKai
08-19-2013, 05:31 PM
Don't give up Mozzy!

belovedspirit
08-19-2013, 05:41 PM
Whatever makes you happy, hon.
If you do decide to maintain now but wish to lose weight later, that's also a possibility. And if you decide you're happy at 185, that's also great! There's really no poor choice here. You need to do what sits best with you. :)

Mozzy
08-19-2013, 05:49 PM
Thanks y'all!

Mygirlj-- I have had a day here and there where I've eaten as much as I've wanted (Friday last week) but never two days in a row.

Goddess Jessica
08-19-2013, 05:55 PM
I am not endorsing this because I've never done it but this research is looking very interesting:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/07/29/205845319/two-day-diets-how-mini-fasts-can-help-maximize-weight-loss

HelloNurse
08-19-2013, 06:26 PM
You do what you gotta do girl! The thing about our end goals is that I think most people choose them somewhat arbitrarily. I know I just picked a number that I liked that sounded thin, but not impossible to achieve. Sometimes, like you did, you reach a point that you just can't bring yourself to relinquish anything more for the sake of making your scale move. And that's OK. The whole point of the weight loss journey is to feel better and be healthier. If creating a further deficit won't make you feel any better, it's not worth it.

This sounds like an excellent point to maintain for a while. You've come a long, long long way to get where you are and you deserve to be proud of what you've done already. If you choose to restart weight loss later to achieve your original goal, then you haven't closed that door at this point. And if you never choose to try to lose any more weight, then you've still worked very hard and you should be proud of how far you've come.

Another thing you could do if you truly want to lose more weight could be to restructure your goal. Compared to what you've already done, it's relatively easy to create a 300 calorie daily deficit, and that would be enough to take off the last 40ish pounds over the course of about a year. It would be less drastic than what you've become accustomed to, but that may be a good thing for you at this point.

Whatever you decide to do, you have to be happy with it. Deliberately maintaining right here for a while is better than going off the rails out of frustration.

Lecomtes
08-19-2013, 06:40 PM
You know what's best for you. Hugs! You could always maintain for a few weeks and then jump back into it, or if your happy where you are at that works too! If you're needing a boost of extra motivation, dietbets are kind of fun. I also read about calorie cycling of 3FC somewhere, maybe something like that could give you a boost. :) Either way, much respect and admiration for you Mozz.

Garnet2727
08-19-2013, 07:01 PM
You're neither complacent nor lazy, mozzy. It's just that you're done with dieting. Maybe just for now, maybe permanently, either way is OK. You've come a very long way. Be proud of what you've done.

Novus
08-19-2013, 07:04 PM
Everyone has already said what I would have said so I'll just give you a hug. :hug: You've made amazing progress and you should be very proud of yourself!!!

Thinforme
08-19-2013, 07:38 PM
Yup hugs from me to, just do what makes you happy :)

pnkrckpixikat
08-19-2013, 08:02 PM
**hugs** Whatever make YOU happy Mozzy. IF you maintain, or decide to lose again it is all cool. Just stick around, we'd miss you if you left altogether!

elvislover324
08-19-2013, 09:09 PM
My posts here are few and far between but when it's really really really important, hope it counts.

I think you owe it to yourself to go till Oct 27th. It might not change anything (and that's ok) but a whole year to dedicate yourself (really, 2 months more) will make it that more special.

Your autosignature made me focus on 10/27. Other than that, I'd high-five you as of today. And I still will today. But don't short change yourself. {{hugs}}

Mozzy
08-20-2013, 01:13 AM
Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone!!!
I need to do some reflecting, I think...

Mozzy
08-20-2013, 01:54 AM
If I eat like I did today, everyday for the next five weeks, I'll put on 12lbs! That's crazy and just the kick in the *** I needed!!!

Garnet2727
08-20-2013, 08:28 AM
I think that diet fatigue is a real thing and that taking diet breaks is a goodness. I just finished a month long break from dieting in which I ate to maintain my weight instead of lose. It was just what I needed. Maybe this is something to consider, Mozzy? Take a break. Don't put a date on it or any kind of pressure on yourself, just eat to maintain. Relax and enjoy.

starbrite
08-20-2013, 08:48 AM
Just my opinion. I lost 145lbs, got fed up with dieting and thought I could let carbs, licks and nibbles creep in. The result was a 39lb regain. I was horrified, but now have got a grip and see that I was trying to maintain a weight that was too low for me. I am refreshed, ready to take around 20lbs off and settle at 175. I am not suggesting the regain will happen to you if you stop dieting, but merely want you to be aware of what could happen.
Remember it's your choice, so do what makes you happy! :hug:

doingmybest
08-20-2013, 09:24 AM
:hug: Hugs from me.

betsy2013
08-20-2013, 11:26 AM
Mozzy, you're always one of the first people with words of encouragement or a heartfelt congratulations for others. You're not complacent or lazy. You've done a great job, and going into maintenance now is certainly reasonable. I think we all know intuitively when we just need a break -- whether from changes in how we eat to changes in how we exercise to changes at work. Hope you find peace of mind with whatever decision you make. And keep on posting!

time2lose
08-20-2013, 11:37 AM
betsy2013 orginally posted Mozzy, you're always one of the first people with words of encouragement or a heartfelt congratulations for others. You're not complacent or lazy. You've done a great job, and going into maintenance now is certainly reasonable. I think we all know intuitively when we just need a break -- whether from changes in how we eat to changes in how we exercise to changes at work. Hope you find peace of mind with whatever decision you make. And keep on posting!

Betsy said exactly what I wanted to say..... but better. Do what you think is best. After maintaining for awhile you can always go back to losing. Let us know how it works out for you. :hug:

Mozzy
08-20-2013, 12:03 PM
Thank you so much everyone. Your words of encouragement mean so much to me!
I'm going to continue at 1500 calories a day and see what happens...

pixiefalls
08-20-2013, 02:16 PM
Mozzy, you're always one of the first people with words of encouragement or a heartfelt congratulations for others. You're not complacent or lazy. You've done a great job, and going into maintenance now is certainly reasonable. I think we all know intuitively when we just need a break -- whether from changes in how we eat to changes in how we exercise to changes at work. Hope you find peace of mind with whatever decision you make. And keep on posting!

I agree! You do what you feel is right for you. I think a maintenance break might be just what you need and you could go from there. :hug:

Matisse
08-20-2013, 04:52 PM
I wanted to send words of support to you, Mozzy! I think that you made a good choice by upping your calories and I trust you to do the right thing in the end.

Listen to yourself but preserve what you worked so hard to earn.

wishfuiiy
08-20-2013, 09:13 PM
Mozzy - You sweet, sweet lady! Chin up, it'll get better and I'm still rooting for you hardcore. If you need a break, by all means, take one because you deserve it. However, I know you can make your goal. It's within your grasp.

Mozzy
08-20-2013, 09:53 PM
Thank you, you ladies are so awesome!!!!

vintagecat
08-20-2013, 10:47 PM
By any measure what you've done already is amazing. Nothing in nature is truly linear and I think (at least with me) that applies to weight loss. You might need to maintain or take a short break to truly get back in the game if that's what you choose to do or soldier onward if you can. Whatever you feel is right.

Cathy
not quite a member of the 100+ club

ReillyJ
08-20-2013, 10:56 PM

AMEN to this, always an encourager and very sweet :)

i don't have any good advice other than take it DAY BY DAY again if you have to (like we did in the beginning of this journey) and if you truly need a break (which is FINE) then take it but maybe put a cap on it of when you are going to get back on the horse and also don't allow yourself to go to pot so to speak on your break. Enjoy the extra calories but make some rules that you can live by while giving yourself a breather and then put your focus on something else. What works FOR ME (which might not work for most ppl) is i relatively low carb it and never over eat 6 days a week and the 7th (which is Friday) i eat with abandon and i mean that-whatever i want in whatever quantities BUT I ALWAYS get back on that horse the next morning and throughout the week and i've lost all my weight that way but only you can determine if that'll work for you or not.

:hug:

shcirerf
08-20-2013, 11:34 PM
:hug:

Patience. That is what I discovered!:carrot:

Patience has gotten me, in September, 2 years of maintaining!

It took me 3 months to lose the last 8 pounds!:dizzy:

Personally, I've come to the conclusion, that unless you are very short, no one should ever go under 1500 cals a day. You can't be satisfied or get all your nutrition in at anything less. :D

Hang in there!:hug::D

Arctic Mama
08-21-2013, 12:22 AM
This is one of the many reasons it has taken me five years to get to goal (and then I moved my goal downward :p ). When I get tired, or it seems like too much effort, I just take a break and maintain for a bit. Coast and relax, keep up basic tracking and my maintenance plan, enough to hold steady, and that's it. Then, when the energy hits me again I can proceed further downward if I want to. But there's no obligation and no stress.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with maintaining at a goal range higher than you first wanted. Do what feels comfortable and livable for YOU.

susyquk
08-21-2013, 10:51 AM
my dr endorses it!

I haven't tried it yet as I am still sticking with my low calorie high exercise but my Dr recommended that if I got stuck on it or once I get closer to goal that I give this a try as she has had patients who had a lot of success on it.

I am not endorsing this because I've never done it but this research is looking very interesting:

Mozzy
08-21-2013, 03:54 PM
Y'all are the best when it comes to support, thank you everyone!!!!

Arctic Mama
08-21-2013, 06:17 PM
You're such a sweet, supportive member yourself - we're all just returning the kindness and attention you've shown many of us when WE struggle :grouphug:

kaplods
08-21-2013, 07:04 PM
Back in the "dark ages" of my personal weight loss history (sadly not all that terribly long ago) I had only two "speeds" full-speed, maximum weight loss and full-speed maximum weight gain.

Learning to "take a break" from full speed loss, without embracing full speed gaining has been a life-changing experience.

Even though I still have ups and downs, they're nothing like the old ups and downs.

I can't remember the last time I "wished for death" because of severe abdominal pain from overeating. From the time I was 8 until about fifteen years ago, I felt that way at least once a week.

Just "not gaining" has been the most difficult, and the most rewarding lesson. Literally, if I never lose another pound, I will consider "not gaining" a huge achievement.

There is no shame or failure in deciding to maintain or even to allow yourself to gain during a break, but decide how long (or how much weight leeway) to allow yourself, so that you stay in control of the break.

Otherwise it's so easy to let the break get out of hand, and before you know it, you're no longer in the driver's seat on your weight management bus.

My only suggestion is to keep weighing regularly. I took a break from the scale for a month or two and ended up gaining 35 lbs (since I can gain 10 - 20 times as fast as I can lose).

Where you go and how you get there is entirely up to you.

fadedbluejeans
08-21-2013, 10:09 PM
Taking a maintenance break is probably a good idea. Let your body get used to your current weight for a while, even a few months. I hope you keep posting though and logging in to MFP - 300 days! Totally inspiring :)

Matisse
08-21-2013, 10:26 PM
I do not remember where I heard this, but many doctors believe it is better to lose weight in stages because of set points.

Example : Lose about 10 % of body weight. Maintain for 2 months. Rinse and repeat as needed.

The theory is that the last maintenance weight will become the new weight your body will try to go to -- if and when you gain weight. So someone starting her weight loss journey at 250 lbs would try to maintain at, let's say 225 lbs, (the actual number is not important) and if for some reason (accident, stress), she starts regaining at 210 lbs, her body will try to reach the last equilibirum point it has known which is 225 lbs, an improvement over 250 lbs which is unlikely to be seen again.

It's a long-term approach, but it's safer.

Mozzy
08-22-2013, 01:27 PM
Thanks again for all the support and advice. I am truly taking it to heart!

Radiojane
08-22-2013, 01:52 PM
I'm late to the game Mozzy, but you know I think you're a rockstar. You've been a huge inspiration to me since I got here, and what I want for you out of this part of your journey is satisfaction and happiness, whatever you decide!