Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 05:31 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 8/19/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 08-19-2013, 06:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all......... have a wonderfully OP day!!!
Old 08-19-2013, 06:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180.2/139/130

Today's the big day for me! I sign up and weigh in at 5:00. Any suggestions on IP food I should be sure to grab on my first week? My coach does sell individual packets!! Today is my last day of the food I have been eating forever!!! Really worried about what I will do for breakfast tomorrow.....
Old 08-19-2013, 06:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Kellimomo3, welcome, and good luck. Foods are so individual. I love the Broc and cheese soup or chicken ala king soup, I add 2 cups of veggies to them for lunch much of the time. Or the Veg omelet and add extra veggies to that. I don't like the fruit drinks, you may. I like the shakes or puddings but I add extra water to them. The cappuccino shake is a fave of mine for breakfast with coffee and water added. I try to stay away from the restricted foods, but the peanut crunch bar is awesome to travel with.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Welcomd Kellimomo-

I think food is a matter of personal taste. Some people say they are able to get sample packs from their clinics to figure out what they like. I would say one thing about restricted...I found I lost faster when I did include one restricted a day on my plan. Your mileage may vary, but I've also heard others say the same. Best of luck!
Old 08-19-2013, 08:00 AM   #6  
Started IP 6/14/2013

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Height: 5'8"

happy monday pretty ladies!
Old 08-19-2013, 08:32 AM   #7  
Started IP 8/12/13

S/C/G: 226/183.6/150

Height: 5'1''

First official WI was this am! I am happy to report I am down 10.3 lbs! I'm soo excited and am glad i didnt give up and even MORE glad for this website! omg I would have been done quit Thanks Lisa and all everyone else with the help, comments questions concerns ideas and CHEER about meeting your goals! ok im done .. Yay!
Old 08-19-2013, 09:34 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Hi everyone! Today is my first day on IP! I had my weigh in on Saturday at 207lbs. I can't wait to see how this all turns out. I ate some crispy rice cereal this morning, def wasn't the best thing I have eaten but wasn't awful.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:41 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkel244 View Post
Hi everyone! Today is my first day on IP! I had my weigh in on Saturday at 207lbs. I can't wait to see how this all turns out. I ate some crispy rice cereal this morning, def wasn't the best thing I have eaten but wasn't awful.
oh that cereal is nasty! (lol at least to me) - but used it to make a pancake sunday morning and it was actually pretty good!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...n-packets.html
Old 08-19-2013, 09:41 AM   #10  
Started IP 6/14/2013

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkel244 View Post
try a crispy cereal pancake with walden farms pancake syrup. yum! i've heard of people putting them into waffle makers too and it gets all crispy.

Ingredients:

1 pkg IP Crispy Cereal, crunched up
2 egg whites or 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla
Cinnamon & Nutmeg, to taste

Directions:

Mix together in small bowl egg whites and 1/4 tsp vanilla.

Crush up the cereal packet with a pastry roller or your fingers. Add in to cereal pkg the following; 1/4 tsp baking powder, cinnamon & nutmeg

Pour dry mix in to egg white mixture and combine. Add enough water to desired consistency.

Cook in pan as you would pancakes.

Serve with Walden Farms Syrup, enjoy!
Old 08-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasunshine View Post
try a crispy cereal pancake with walden farms pancake syrup. yum! i've heard of people putting them into waffle makers too and it gets all crispy.

Ingredients:

1 pkg IP Crispy Cereal, crunched up
2 egg whites or 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla
Cinnamon & Nutmeg, to taste

Directions:

Mix together in small bowl egg whites and 1/4 tsp vanilla.

Crush up the cereal packet with a pastry roller or your fingers. Add in to cereal pkg the following; 1/4 tsp baking powder, cinnamon & nutmeg

Pour dry mix in to egg white mixture and combine. Add enough water to desired consistency.

Cook in pan as you would pancakes.

Serve with Walden Farms Syrup, enjoy!
Oh thanks! Yeah the powdery milk texture was a little gross. Hopefully the broc and cheese soup for lunch is better!
Old 08-19-2013, 10:13 AM   #12  

S/C/G: SW 191/CW 173.4/GW 140

Height: 5'6"

So happy this morning. I reach goal number two this morning. I am finally in a size nine jeans. Yaahh
Old 08-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 181.8/goal weight 135

Height: 4'10

I am loosing an average after 1st week of 2 lbs at my WI. I know 2 lbs is great but when I see other people loosing so much more, I wonder what I am doing wrong. My husband says I should be happy, I never lost weight before, always found a way to work around the program (WW) I still ate what I wanted to (sweets and carbs) I am so happy to have found this program. I feel so much better. Knees are not hurting and I am walking not wobbling. That must be a NSV.

I want to thank everyone for the great info. I did find the blue label ketchup, I haven't tried it yet. I was thinking of making bar b q sauce with it (found recipe on this sight) DeVinci has sugar free syrup and right now there is no shipping, No cal, sugar, or carbs. I love my coffee and I found if I use the Splenda flavors for coffee, I can drink it black. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:21 AM   #14  
support, not criticism

S/C/G: 219/187.6/140

so day 9 for me. I had a planned cheat last night - I am at a conference and attended a dinner. I thought we were going to be able to advise the servers about dietary restrictions so as to limit how bad my meal was but they just brought out the food and voila there it was.

But the meal was not too bad. I avoided the bread and buns, we had a tomato gazpacho which was nice and beef tenderloin with lots of veggies. I ignored the rice pilaf and most of the sauce that was served with it. And I had only two glasses of wine. Tiny bites of desserts (platter of 4 desserts, had one bite of each). So sounds terrible but a huge victory for me as in the past I would have eaten everything! And I had 4 glasses of water during dinner.

So now that's over with and I have no more meal obligations that I have to attend at this conference, I can get back to IP. I was actually happy with my IP progress while on this trip. I have been able to stick to the program even though in a hotel, eating at restaurants, etc.

Let's hope the scale doesn't punish me too badly for last night when I weigh in on Saturday.

Good luck everyone, I enjoy hearing about how everyone is doing!
Old 08-19-2013, 10:47 AM   #15  
IP since 8-16-13

S/C/G: 240/225/175

Height: 5'6

I'm day 4 and was concerned about upcoming labor day weekend holiday in a cabin up north and what I could be eating, then followed by a conference in Boston (we plan to go on some sort of 'cheese trail' - yikes). I feel so much better reading all the stories from those of you experienced with this. Thanks for sharing shannonhs and thanks to floridasunshine for the recipes! Love your blog too...so many meal ideas to look forward to! Have a great Monday everyone.
Closed Thread