Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 11:56 AM   #1  

Default Carb-free Comforts

Carbs (which shall remain nameless) have been my most faithful comforts in times of trouble.

Is anybody willing to share what DOES work for them? (Meaning no offense, I'd rather not hear about "religion" because my ththinking/prayer processes sometimes twists it around and all I need is MORE comfort.. ..) I'd love to hear what people DO that helps stave off emotional eating.
Old 06-20-2003, 08:12 PM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hi Painter.

Being of the emotional eater persuasion I too can feel for you. I also am a closet food hider so the kids will not find my stach of food. and get upset when they do.

For me comforts now are found in the work, cleaning mode. (when i can)

Read

Yell at the kids (they did the emotional trauma first )

I tell my self that I am better than that food that I do not really want that icecream. it will not solv the problem (I Have to be semi rational for that)

Honestly being a low carber I find that if I do devulge in the no section of foods especially when stressed that I do not come out unscathed I tend to continue eating untill i am totally gorged. and then feel so bad a gorge again so I tell my self that I do not want to throw away all that hard work getting OP just for that.

What do I eat???

I go for the celery and PB but limit myself to one small bunch

tuna salad on pork rines

vegies and dip or some times I make my famous salad and eat that. it is broccoli and cauliflour and mayo cheese and bacon and eat that.

I have a hankering for custard and well that just might be made tonight. (I have no idea how it is going to turn out but I do hanker for it)

But best thing is too keep away from the evil all together. if I must eat then i will eat a shake then make my self wait until 30 min has gone by before I have anything else.
Closed Thread