General chatter - Dear (whoever)-Letters you wish you could send!

penmage
08-18-2013, 07:36 PM
So I'm a little annoyed today- okay, not a little, a lot. Here are some "letters" I wish I could send them to say what I really want to say. Add yours!

Dear Mom,

Why did you even bother asking if I want you to hang up my suit jacket in my closet if you won't wait for a response (I said no) and won't ask where the correct spot is in my closet (hint: it's not in the middle of four pairs of jeans). And telling me "Oh, you can fix it" is rude.

Signed,
I'm not the disgusting slovenly pig you seem to think I am

Dear Mom,

Your sister is coming over. And as usual, you've enlisted the whole house in a frantic cleaning spree. Because clearly your sister will be mortally offended if there's dishes in the sink, don'tcha know. She's your SISTER, not the president. She earns the same degree of cleanliness we do. And I don't see you busting YOUR a** to clean the house for US.

Signed,
We will not go to **** if the house looks like someone lives here

Dear Dad,

Stop being such an aggressive jackwad. There is no prize for obtaining a weeks worth of groceries from the store in under 10 minutes. This is not Supermarket Sweep! You will not die if the person turning right on red in front of you takes a few extra seconds to verify a lane opening. At an intersection, going around (and continuing straight) a car waiting to turn left (at a light with no left turn light) is RUDE. It's called "Opposing cars turning left coordinating their timing so they both can go". You're just coming home. You can wait 10 seconds for YOUR TURN. It's REALLY not necessary to change lanes 20 times (yes, I counted) between our house and the movie theater 15 minutes away! You won't get there any faster. Calm the :censored: down.

Signed,
You make me wish I smoked

Dear Hiring Companies,

HELLO!

Signed,
Bachelor degree holder that needs a JOB THANK YOU

Phew! I feel better now

MissSMcC
08-18-2013, 08:18 PM
haha I love this thread!

Dear stroppy 12 year old Daughter,

Just because you don't have a pug, an iPad and a wardrobe full of Hollister clothing does not make me a bad mother and gives you no reason to hate me. Kindly take your stroppy butt to your bedroom where you can watch your tv (that I paid for), use your iPod (that I paid for) be warm from all the central heating (that I am paying for) and enjoy the roof over your head (that I am paying for).

yours sincerely, your prematurely greying mother.

SuperHeroTeacher
08-18-2013, 08:24 PM
I love this thread! I'm having a great day, so no letters to post. I'll be back tomorrow after work; I'm sure I'll have plenty to say then. :D

And I'm going to work the term "stroppy" into my daily vocabulary. I have an affinity for British slang. I clearly live on the wrong continent... ;)

MissSMcC
08-18-2013, 08:30 PM
haha SuperHero, I am glad you are having a good day! My kid is currently 'chucking a stoonie', that is scots slang for throwing a tantrum. hope your day continues to be good!

saef
08-18-2013, 09:24 PM
Dear Manager:

Thanks a lot for making the new hire's start date on the Monday that I'd planned to take off for my summer vacation -- and then telling me that though the guy who hired her is based in the U.K., and ought to be responsible for training her, I am going to have to train her. Thanks for causing me to cancel my vacation plans at the last minute. Thanks for not even noticing that happened, even though I know the Outlook calendaring function worked for your calendar. Thanks for causing me to miss the big Bouckville Antique Show which I have attended almost yearly since 1986.

Signed,
Your Newly Unmotivated Employee

Dear Cancer:

Please leave my friends and family alone. Go succumb to a cure or something.

Signed,
Someone who's heard too many cancer diagnoses recently

patchworkpenguin
08-18-2013, 10:18 PM
Dear Hubby's work,

Thank you so much for keeping Hubby flying all over the country for a week at a time because you have down-sized your company until you are under-staffed. Do you think I'm tired of spending time with Him?

Signed,

The Lonely Penguin

beerab
08-18-2013, 10:54 PM
Dear Fat,

Go away

Love,
There is a thin body under here somewhere

Bloopers
08-19-2013, 05:43 AM
hahaha, nice one beerab.

Dear roommate,

I'm starting to hate you but I'm just hiding the fact. Please stop pushing my buttons.

ICUwishing
08-19-2013, 01:26 PM
Dear Mom,

I love you dearly but you are one of the most selfish human beings I have ever met. Would you PLEASE stop trying to inflict guilt on me and make me think I am responsible for your overreactions to trivial BS? You raised me well and I have a pretty darn good life - it's unfortunate that you seem to think that my not picking up the phone every other day is some sort of personal affront - I'm BUSY, dammit!!! If you attack me every time I do call - well, you taught me not to cater to emotional vampires because you don't put up with it. Guess what? I'm trainable! So sorry to report that I don't lose sleep over YOUR emotional states.

Sincerely, I Hate Drama Queens Daughter

boatingmommy
08-19-2013, 01:56 PM
Dear In-Laws,
Please quit cooking so much unhealthy food and inviting our family over. Also, if there are only 10 of us eating dinner, do not feel the need to cook for 20. Do NOT make me feel guilty for not taking home half the meal you cooked because you made too much! And, while I'm on this rant...please quit feeding my kid all of the home-made brownies, cookies and cake that you can bake. She is 15 with a serious weight problem and YOU ARE NOT HELPING!!!

Signed,
I love you both, but you are pissing me off!

pnkrckpixikat
08-19-2013, 02:08 PM
Dear Texas heat,

Please cool down in the evening so I don't have to wake up at 6am to run while it is still tolerable. I am sick of being ready to go to bed at 9pm, especially since I have a class this coming semester that goes until 9:45.

Or better yet, just cool down altogether!

Signed,

A runner-to-be that refuses to get heat stroke trying to train

ShyHeather
08-19-2013, 02:18 PM
Dear Fiance,

Please stop saying you're going to unload the dishwasher and then leave it be. Shadow-Run can wait.

Sincerely,

Your soon to be wife

Dear body,

Stop hoarding water like its going out of fashion.

Sincerely,

ME

Mission Fat to Fab
08-19-2013, 02:37 PM
Dear Uncle who lives on my couch for free

Stop bringing sweets, chococlates and biscuits home. Just because you don't care about what you put into your body it isn't the same for me. Be a bit more sympathetic to my weight loss efforts and stop laughing at me when I won't touch the junk food you bring into the house.

Sincerely,

Your niece who is tired of cleaning up after you.

cheeriloos
08-19-2013, 02:56 PM
Dear Money,
Please come home,I miss you.
Signed, broke for weeks

Dear Car,
Stop being a brat
Signed, tired of banging ignition with pliers.

Dear Fat Cells,
Have a meeting and decide who has to go,I can no longer support all of you.
Signed, too heavy still

mhill0823
08-19-2013, 06:28 PM
Dear Roommate,
Please stop leaving your plates and bowls laying in the floor so that my dog can get to them and they trying to get smart with me when she gets an upset stomach and has accidents all over your floor. She's not supposed to eat people food and you're too lazy to get up and pick your dishes up when you go to bed.

Sincerely,
9 more months on this lease.

Dear Boss,
Please stop paying someone more than me and expecting me to do their job and telling me I'm not doing my job well enough.
You're making me hate me career.

Sincerely,
I kill myself for this place.

jenjen
08-20-2013, 12:29 AM
Dear Cancer:

Please leave my friends and family alone. Go succumb to a cure or something.

Signed,
Someone who's heard too many cancer diagnoses recently

AMEN!!!

Dear almost former boss (T minus 9 business days),

I lied. It's all your fault I'm leaving.

The employee that busted her butt

Oh, and PS: I took a big pay cut just to not work for you!

Dear new boss,

Thank you for the opportunity. I promise to make you proud.

Your new employee

doingmybest
08-20-2013, 03:42 AM
This thread is Great!

Dear Husband:
Could you please clean up your own mess? I am not your mother and I am definitely not your maid. Put the caps back on the peanut butter and jelly jars, put the bread away and wash your own dishes. In other words, grow up! I am tired of living with an adolescent.

Dear Mother in Law: thanks for doing such a crappy job of raising your son. I had to finish what you were supposed to do. As for your nasty comments about my weight, go F yourself. I hate you. But you already know that.

Dear Ex Boss: I hate you. But you already know that.

Dear Stray Cat in the Back Yard: I feed you every day and took you to the vet, which cost me $375. Could you please show me some appreciation for all of my
efforts instead of having so much catitude?

Dear Other Posters on this thread: I love everyone's posts! I have really enjoyed reading this thread!

GlamourGirl827
08-20-2013, 12:22 PM
Really great thread! Read everyone's letters so far.

Dear Son,
Please stop doing the opposite of everything you are told, and baiting people into fights. I know the doctors think its a part of the challenges you have, but the other morning when I told you not to eat your oatmeal yet because it was hot and you then felt the urge to be defiant and do the opposite by taking a bite of HOT oatmeal and subsequently burning you mouth and then screaming at me that I should have told you, has me and your father worried. While I appreciate that after the fact you admitted you heard me and took a bite to say "screw you" to me because how dare I tell you not to eat your oatmeal yet, it doesnt change that your behavior has your dad and I broken and exhausted. It also means back to the doctors we go because now your defiance has gotten so bad that you will endanger yourself to do it. Please stop, because currently we are all miserable from this.

Signed
Mom, not super woman

Dear Self,
Stop hating yourself for being back over 200 lbs. You have a beautiful baby to show for it. You will lose the weight. Relax.

Signed,
Your making yourself miserable over your current weight

Dear Ticker,
Why are you designed in such a way that displaying my current weight and my starting weight right now looks like I weigh 2,211 lbs...?

Signed
I already feel huge, you're not helping matters...

Quiet Ballerina
08-20-2013, 03:59 PM
:) GlamourGirl *hugs*

Dear Self,
STOP BUYING JUNK FOOD! I want to come out!

Hugs and kisses,
-Healthy self

Dear guys in my area,
I am awesome. One of you needs to find me and win my heart. Then let's move, because I don't like it here.
-Me

Candeka
08-20-2013, 04:33 PM
Dear night-time self

Please stop eating EVERYTHING IN SIGHT after 8pm. You eat so well all day long, but every single night you ruin it by eating like a 15 year old boy going through a growth spurt. Put down the chips and ice cream, stop watching 30 Rock, and do something productive!

From
Your morning self.

GlamourGirl827
08-20-2013, 05:26 PM
Dear night-time self

Please stop eating EVERYTHING IN SIGHT after 8pm. You eat so well all day long, but every single night you ruin it by eating like a 15 year old boy going through a growth spurt. Put down the chips and ice cream, stop watching 30 Rock, and do something productive!

From
Your morning self.

omg your night self and my night self must be great friends. Please have your morning self foward a copy of this my night self. Although my night self has ignored this request in the past, its worth trying. :)

GlamourGirl827
08-20-2013, 05:27 PM
:) GlamourGirl *hugs*

thank you. :)

mccull83
08-20-2013, 08:26 PM
Dear friends/family members,
PLEASE stop asking us to go out to eat. I know you mean well, but after having to tell my husband over and over why we shouldn't go out to eat tonight (because of health and money reasons) it's frustrating to then get the phone call or see you and have you ask us out for dinner and then my husband starts to beg all over again. I am sick of doing so well and not feeling hungry, but getting guilted (not sure if that's a word) into going out to eat and feeling like I just need to "do it."
Sincerely,
Someone who's sick of being sabotaged

Dear mom
PLEASE stop bringing up weight-loss things in front of EVERYONE. Why don't you bring up all these conversations and articles during the large amount of time we are alone together? I don't like constantly discussing how awful being over weight is in front of people because it's one of the only things that makes me embarrassed (and that's saying something because I'm a nurse and willing to discuss ANYTHING).
Love,
Your daughter that wants to lose the weight without drawing attention to herself.

Dear husband
QUIT buying things we can't afford!
Love,
your super stingy and money conscious wife

butterflygirljb
08-20-2013, 09:01 PM
Dear 90 pound soaking wet family member. Thanks so much for calling me to ask about diat apps because you wanna lose five pounds. And saying you thought id probably known about some. I really appreciate how you make me feel.
signed the fat ***.

Dear best friend. Thanks for making zumba plans or plans to go walking together or anything healthy and ALWAYS blowing me off.

Dear husband. I love you but please stop buying cakes and junk food.

wishfuiiy
08-20-2013, 10:37 PM
Dear Man-Child,

I'm madly in love with you. You've made me feel like a princess. You've treated me better than I've ever been treated. You've help motivate me. You didn't even recognize me when you picked me up from the airport the last time we saw it each other. Why are you suddenly being so cold? After 8 months of promises and plans, I feel like our time is ending. I am using you like an attention sponge, yes but I can't help it. I'm sorry. I'll stop.

Love, Confused-and-heartbroken!

Dear Ex-boyfriend,

You are an idiot if you EVER think I'll EVER want you back. After telling me that you weren't attracted to me at 350lbs, you really think that now when I'm 220lbs I'll come crawling back to you. AS IF! You knew I was the best thing that ever happened to you. You love to text me and tell me this often. Too bad that you didn't want me at my worst, cause you damn sure ain't getting me at my best.

Love, The Best Thing That Happened to You That You Will Never Have Again

TurboMammoth
08-21-2013, 09:56 AM
Dear muffin pan,

Really, this is great that you are thinking about picking up a competition diving career. It's really nice, but your big diving try out ended up being stop by my big toe. Because of you it is bloody and hurts like *&%/; how am I supposed to run my race on Saturday?

Your sporty dreams are destroying mine, muffin pan.

Sincerely,
Someone who won't bake zucchini muffin for A WHILE.

ForMyRoo
08-21-2013, 12:03 PM
Dear TurboMammoth,

You made me laugh.

Signed,
ForMyRoo

Desiderata
08-21-2013, 01:14 PM
:lol: TurboMammoth's post is an awesome litmus test for how awake you are. I read it earlier but the caffeine had not kicked in, and I was so confused. :lol:

Dear back (and body),

Why y u no play nice? What is up with this achiness? Yesterday was the first day in awhile that I didn't over-exert myself, so you're hurting now because... ? Turn the pain dial down, yo. This "everything, even my teeth hurt" feeling is silly - and exhausting.

OK Lizzy
08-21-2013, 02:08 PM
Dear Husband,
Just because I am still working at my age does not mean I WANT to. Please try to find a job -- and/or quit spending so much money on yourself that I get resentful each and every day. And quit putting on Facebook that you love being "kept" in the style you have grown accustomed to.

Love from someone who should have smelled the coffee a LONG time ago and realized you were lazy!

CherryPie99
08-21-2013, 03:58 PM
Dear Fat Jen,

What is going on with you lately? You keep insisting that you are SOOOOOO hungry and that we need to eat, eat, eat. It's starting to stress me out.

Signed,

Thin Jen

Song of Surly
08-21-2013, 04:26 PM
Love these so much!! Haha.

Dear Boyfriend,

I realize that it's because you love me and that you have some attachment issues due to your childhood as the son of a drunk, but please realize that just because I want to sit in shared silence for an hour when I get home, it doesn't mean I am mad. It means that the introvert in me has been banging her head on a desk all day listening to a total of 105 loud teenagers, herself having to repeat the exact same sentences five times a day, and what seems like 3 million lockers slamming all at the same time over and and over and over again.

Love,
Girlfriend. Yes, I still want to be your girlfriend. No really, I do.

Dear myself,

Stop thinking you're going to be perfect at everything. You aren't. Remember all the good you do in a day and let the rest go.

Signed,
Yourself
a work in progress

Dear Mom,

This is the only way I can talk to you so that I will get a word in edge-wise. I love talking to you on a daily basis, but when it comes to the point that I can set the phone on the coffee table for a good four minutes and you never miss a beat, it can get a little frustrating.

Love you bunches,
Ahuh, yeah. Yeah. Oh, well I... Oh... Yeah, ahuh.

Garnet2727
08-21-2013, 04:54 PM
Dear Former Boss,

Remember when you told me that I'd hitched my horse to the wrong wagon? Remember when you fired me but didn't even have the cojones to do it yourself? Remember how you said that I'd never work for a certain client again? Remember how you said I should consider changing careers?

Uh huh.

How did it feel when you lost that lucrative contract and the client told you it was because I was gone and I was the only one on the team that was getting the job done? How did it feel to end up unemployed yourself because of that? How does it feel now that the client you so gleefully told me I would never work for again refuses to have you on board in any capacity? They wouldn't even hire you to scrub a toilet.

Oh, and as for all that crap you told me about how difficult it was going to be for me to find a job, here's a news flash, imbecile. I was out of work for three weeks only. The grape vine has told me that your period of unemployment has lasted significantly longer than that, like over a year. Maybe that has something to do with the bovine excrement you produced and the fact that you can't manage your way out of a wet paper sack. I, on the other hand, had two offers for employment the day after you had me canned. So, I had a nice little three week vacation and I've been working solid since then. Oh, and that client that you said I would never work for again? Yeah, well, I'm back with them. That client specifically requested me. You know why? Because of the quality of my work and because they trust me to do the right things for them.

Here's another little slice of reality, you nitwit. Word about how you treated me and how you handled that project has gotten out all over the place here in this small pond. I didn't spread the word; I've kept my mouth shut. But you didn't pull your nonsense in a vacuum and other people saw it, took note of it and they talked about it.

So, my reputation didn't suffer a bit. Not. One. Bit. Yours on the other hand? Bonehead, you can't buy a job with my client.

Signed,

Revenge Is A Dish Best Served Cold

MarjorieMargarine
08-21-2013, 06:50 PM
Dear Soon-To-Be Ex-Husband,

I didn't want this divorce. Stop blaming me for it. Stop telling everyone how I "destroyed" you by being too judgmental. The people you were hanging out with were literally shooting up drugs. The women you were hanging out with were trying to get you to sleep with them. You were staying out at a bar until three or four in the morning three or four nights a week. It was ok for me to be upset about that. That's not "judgmental."

I love you with all of my heart. I didn't know how to handle the weird phase you were going through. The truth of the matter is that you have destroyed me. I would have never started my own business right out of school last year if it weren't for you telling me I should and that you wanted me to. Now what I make is not enough to support me, and you know I took only about 1/3 of what I would have been entitled to under the law from you because I didn't want you to think I was being unfair. I am broke, living in a tiny, unsafe apartment, and probably going to have to abandon my career to go and be a waitress just to make ends meet. You have a $100,000 a year job.

You are selfish and cruel. I don't know why I love you so much. You have never thought about me for a second and I walked on eggshells for years just to be with you. You expected me to tolerate your mean, emotion-less family but you couldn't stand to be around my friends or family for any amount of time. You wanted to take separate cars to my 30th birthday party because you didn't want to stay too long. Then, when we were leaving the party (early, because you didn't want to be there), you threatened to kill yourself because you wanted attention.

I will never forget how you told the therapist that you worked on our marriage all of the time, but that you couldn't think of a single way I'd ever shown you I loved you. All I could think about was how I cooked breakfast, lunch, and dinner for you almost every day, to spite being exhausted from being a full-time student often with a part-time job. And how, over the last several months, I would cook dinner for you only to get a text at 8:30 that you were going to have "one more drink" at the bar. I thought of the notes I would leave you, tucked in your pockets, your suitcases, your computer screen. I thought of all the thousand and one things I did to make you feel loved, and I couldn't think of one thing you'd ever done for me to feel that way. But you told the therapist that you were "trying" and I was not.

You have left a hole in me that will be slow to fill, but I will fill it. With work, with life, with other people. You treated me badly, and even though I did bad things, too, I didn't deserve what you gave me. I still love you, and I still don't know why.

Love,

Your Wife

sontaikle
08-21-2013, 10:06 PM
Dear ex-fiance,

Thanks for showing your true colors. I dodged a bullet. I just wish I didn't waste five years with you. Better late than never, I guess.

Bye forever,
Me

Dear Friend,

CONGRATS ON THE JOB OMG WE'RE ALL EMPLOYED :]

Love,
Me

SuperHeroTeacher
08-21-2013, 10:28 PM
Dear self,

Get your a$$ back on plan. This cheating business has got to stop. Cookie dough? Really???

Sincerely,
Your-tough-love-self

Lecomtes
08-21-2013, 10:31 PM
You got this superteach! :) Loved reading through these, some pretty powerful stuff!

Marjorie...you go girl. Stay strong. Sincerely, a daughter who wishes her mom would divorce her mean husband! <3 to you

doingmybest
08-22-2013, 03:58 AM
Marjorie: I am so sorry for your pain. Once you have had a chance to recover from this, I hope you will find wonderful people who will give you the love, friendship and respect you deserve. I know how sad it is to love someone and be treated so badly. It helped me to learn that only those who deserve my love will get it. :hug:

Garnet: I am so happy for you. :cp: It is really nice when things turn out exactly as it should. I really relate to your letter because I had a similar experience. My boss treated me like pure garbage and bad mouthed me to everyone in our company. She would neglect her job, go shopping during working hours and scream at me constantly while I worked long hours. Her boss didn't have the balls to fire her. When the recession hit, she got laid off . I got her job and her office, and everyone in the company told me what an awful person she is. I thought that I was the only person who knew the truth. I felt a little guilty for enjoying this, so I try to think of it as justice or karma instead of revenge, although revenge feels good too!

Sontaikle: congratulations! :congrat: I don't know the details but you probably saved yourself years of unhappiness.

Buffinlovin
08-22-2013, 04:28 PM
Dear fiance,

You are 37 years old now. That doesn't mean you turn into a petulant child when you feel a tickle in your throat and it doesn't mean I drop everything I'm doing to wait on you hand and foot. Yes I will make you soup. No I will not go buy pre-made soup for $8.50 at a restaurant because you're craving lobster bisque. can you even freaking taste it?!

Be an adult, take the medicine that will make you feel better, and go rest. Don't stay up and watch television or play video games because you don't want to waste the day sleeping. You're the one who decided to take the day off from work because you weren't feeling well!

I'm going to the grocery store in an hour. I'm going to get things we need. No I'm not going to add the box of :censored: hostess cupcakes to the list. same thing with the bag of cheetos, and other junk food items. I have limited income, I'm going to stretch it to fit my dietary needs, not your cravings.

Signed,

Your fiance, not your servant

Dear Job with benefits,

I know you're out there somewhere! I've been unemployed for over a year, please find a place near me so I can join you!

Signed,

On the last tier of unemployment and scared about the future of my healthcare

KellinaKatrina
08-22-2013, 08:24 PM
Dear boy,

I like you. You have to know I like you. You seem to like me too. I put myself through the worst anxiety of my life telling you about my non-existant relationship past and you responded like it was no big deal. That makes me like you even more...yet now it feels awkward. I don't know how to play this dating game and if I did I'd probably break the rules anyway. Help a clueless girl out and stop being so shy!

Signed,
Willing to leap out of my comfort zone for you

novangel
08-22-2013, 11:42 PM
Dear ex-boss that treated me like a second class citizen for 5 years,

GFY :carrot:

Sincerely,
Me

mygirlvj
08-23-2013, 10:18 AM
This has to be probabaly the best thread I have seen since I joined this site. :) I love it, the good, the bad and the ugly.

Garnet2727
08-23-2013, 11:25 AM
Dear ex-boss that treated me like a second class citizen for 5 years,

GFY :carrot:

Sincerely,
Me

Best letter to boss ever. I think you just won the internet. :D

NJChick78
08-23-2013, 12:37 PM
Dear dog, stop waking me up at 3am to take you out for a pee then pretending you don't know how to jump back in bed so I have to lift you. Stop licking my ankle just when I am about to doze off. However, keep being awesome. I love you my little PITA.
Love,
Mommy

stunningsparkle
08-23-2013, 03:37 PM
Dear Mom,
On Monday my name change will be official. Want to know the real reason I'm doing it? Because you are an abusive, hateful, self centered *itch. It is because of you that I spent years in therapy. It is because of you that I used to cut myself in secret as a teenager. It is because of you that it took me this long to learn how to truly love and trust another human being the way that they deserve. **** OFF!

Dear Dad,
Thank you for raising me when mom walked out on us. You have been my savior and taught me how to be a strong, smart, amazing young woman. It is because of you that I have accomplished what I have in life. It is because of you that I can take huge leaps of faith with little fear (Like returning to college last year at 26 to finish my degree). It is because of you that I know what it is to be loved, unconditionally. Thank you

Finally...

Dear Boyfriend,
I have no idea how I feel about you. Some days I love you deeply and other days you piss me off to no end. I really do think that you're a wonderful person at heart and that the issue lies within my own unreasonable expectations. I'm more scared that I am incapable of loving on a continuous basis rather than you not loving me. I have no clue why my feelings change often like they do. This isn't new to you, it's happened with everybody I've been with. I'm so sorry. Thanks for putting up with me

SeeMyFeet
08-24-2013, 09:05 AM
Dear Teenage Son,
Please come out of your room. I miss you.
Love, Mom

Dear Teenage Son,
Please learn how to take care of yourself, so I won't worry when you go to college.
Love, Mom

Dear Husband,
Really? You left the flowers you got me for our anniversary at the grocery store? And you apologize at 11:00pm? Happy Anniversary to you too!
Love, Just a kiss and a hug is good enough anyway

Dear Other Teenage Son,
Please Please Please don't let your big mouth and wacky sense of humor get you in trouble at school again this year.
Love, I could have had girls

Dear Everyone At Work,
Please get your knives out of my back.

Dear To-Do list,
Can you shorten yourself?
Sincerely, Wet Nurse to the World

Dear Intestines,
Congratulations! Your efficient conversion of complex food components into absorbable materials has earned you a Favorite Body Organ of the Month Award (although there are some complaints from Fat Cells). In order to be more competitive for Favorite Body Organ of the Year, I would advise you to allow me to poop more.
Sincerely, Constantly Constipated

Andrea85
08-24-2013, 12:32 PM
I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!!!!!

Dear former boss

You disgust me. You are a pathetic excuse for a human being. You work in the fitness industry, and all you care about is money. You sell memberships based on lies and false hope. You pray on insecurities. You give unhealthy eating plans without being licensed to do so. And then you ask me to do the same? No way.
I call you on all the lies you tell me. I stand up for myself. And I get fired, all because *I* am the one who does what is best for the gym's clients. I know there is a silver lining here, and within months (if not weeks), I will be thanking you. Well, I will never thank you, actually, you pompous, ignorant, POS, stupid, completely hated and pathetic excuse for a boss. I hate you. You, and only you, made this experience awful. (and to quote novangel because there is truly no better way to say this....)

GFY!

Sincerely,
One of the best trainers you never liked

Dear the rest of my life,

Seriously, how much more awesome could you be right now? YOU
-just got engaged to the love of your life
-have already found an amazing venue at the right price
-are having friends over tonight for a party
-recently found a home for a wonderful stray dog who would have had no chance without you, leading to one of the most fulfilling moments of your entire life
-have an interview, hopefully this week, for a job with a great company in a completely different field
-have friends who are helping you bone up on all knowledge you will need to rock the interview
-haven't been bitten by a fire ant in almost TWO WEEKS!! :carrot:

Love,
the me who really appreciates you right now!!!

Arctic Mama
08-25-2013, 12:27 AM
Dear diet mojo,

I don't ask for much, we've been together half a decade now and you're a constant companion. But could you please, for the love of cheese, pump yourself up enough to make this last little tiny push to goal territory? This constant snacking and dithering is annoying, and is really like to be done chipping away at this mountain that was my excess fat. But without a little more oomph, I'm stuck circling the drain and maintaining. So please, diet mojo, please pep it up for this final push so I can languish in the land of maintenance without feeling like I'm quitting before the finish line.

Sincerely,
The only dieter on the planet who maintains effortlessly but sucks at losing. Boo!

ICUwishing
08-25-2013, 12:07 PM
Dear eggs,

I love you. I loveyouloveyouloveyoulove you. You would be perfect if only you didn't weld yourselves to every single one of my pans except for the nasty old nonstick one that I want to get rid of. Breakfast shouldn't have to end with an upper-body workout.

Sincerely,
Egg lover

Garnet2727
08-25-2013, 06:09 PM
Dear Kids Sitting Nearby In The Food Court Today,

Y'all just made my day. Truly, you did. All three of you were so creative and funny!

Signed,

The Middle Aged Woman and Fellow Avengers Fan Who Was Laughing at Your Jokes

ICUwishing
08-25-2013, 10:33 PM
One more. :)

Dear ballsy renegade,

You absolutely made my day when I came back from my offsite meeting and was trolling the packed parking lot for a spot to park. When I followed those two young women with hopes to grab their space, seeing your tiny Fiat 500 crossing the PEDESTRIAN LANE 10 feet behind them totally broke me. There was one instant of anger and WTF, and then I was in tears laughing. You earned that spot. I was in a great mood the rest of the day, and proud to work in the same company with you. Thumbs up, dude.

Gratefully,
A Rule Follower

SweetScrumptious
08-26-2013, 02:07 AM
Dear 100 lb 10 month old Bernese Mountain Dog:

Just because everyone wanted to see you when you were a 2 month old little thing, doesn't mean they want to see you now. You barking, squealing, pulling, lunging at every person you walk by does NOT look friendly. Hey, I know you are just overly excited because you love everyone so much so. But they don't know that. You actually look quite scary and give off the wrong vibes when you do that. And please do not do your bad behaviours 10 fold with each dog we pass. You can say hi when you know how to say hi calmly. But guess what! You don't... so you can't say hi to strangers or their dogs until you can think before you act! I've already spent $500 for special reactivity classes and basic obedience (which I still have 5 classes left). You were doing so well before I went on a 3 week vacation and left you at the kennel where you got to play with dogs all day. Seems like you have forgotten everything I taught. You see a dog and think "Hey, you're fun, let's play" but you can't bark, whine, lunge, pull on leash to get what you want. Not everyone of those furry creatures is friendly and I like to prevent accidents from happening. Feels like we are back to square one with your training.

Love,
Someone who'll be taking you to your remaining 5 classes, on 2 walks a day (full of training proper behaviours/leash manors).... and who is quite frustrated and feeling like I failed you.

Em Coconut
08-26-2013, 07:32 PM
Dear old friend,

I am making a huge effort to try to reconnect with you. Yes, I know it's been a while, and I know things are a lot different now than what they used to be. Now, could you please give me a little bit more than short, useless answers? I don't know what I did to deserve this treatment, I have apologized for things in the past, so please just get over it already! Or if you just don't wanna keep in touch, then be a man and tell me so I don't make a fool outta myself!

Signed,
I miss you and your cold behavior is killing me.

Dear husband,

I really need you to be quiet sometimes. I know you like to talk, but come on! I need some silence every now and then, and you know it!

Signed,
Wife who sometimes wishes you had a mute button.

butterflygirljb
08-26-2013, 08:18 PM
Dear guy across the street.

I don't who raised you or if you were born in a barn. But civilized people use the bathroom INSIDE The house!. So please for the love of all that is holy please stop peeing in your bushes. Your front lawn faces my house and I think I should be able to look outside without fear of seeing mr pickle. Thanks.

Dear cat.

Please stop waking me up at 4:00 am to let you out.

lanabug
08-27-2013, 05:44 PM
Dear Clingy Friend,

When I say I need some space, it has nothing to do with you personally. I'm an introvert to whom time alone to recharge is absolutely vital - stop getting offended when I don't want to hang out and turning it into a big drama fest every time! I love you, but get a grip!

Signed,
Exhausted

SeeMyFeet
08-27-2013, 05:54 PM
Dear Butterflygirljb,

Ok. I was just thinking I should start peeing in your yard anyway.

Hugs and kisses,
Guy Across the Street

(sorry.....I absolutely could not resist :rofl:)

Buffinlovin
08-27-2013, 06:45 PM
Dear Fiance,

I'm glad you're feeling better. Now could you stop using my car every morning to go get junk food? My car smells like popeyes and chinese food. I filled up my tank last week, and with the amount of driving I do I should be at 3/4 a tank, not almost on empty.

Stop wasting money on robots and get your truck up to date with all its tags and inspection so you can drive your own vehicle without putting all sorts of extra mileage on mine. I get you like to collect Transformers, but right now there are more important things you need to spend that $45 on (like putting the gas you used back in my car, or getting the oil changed, or groceries for the week, and the list goes on).

Stop trying to justify why you're not going to the gym, all I wanted to know was if you went so I can wash your gym clothes. I don't want to argue with you about your terrible eating habits, but don't use excuses like "I'm a food addict" to try and make yourself the victim, and then turn and tell me that I can't be addicted to food because I'm able to restrict myself. I got this way because I was addicted to food, but now I'm choosing to do something about it. Obviously you are not ready to make that choice as you thought you were, and that's fine! I can't force you to diet or work out. But don't lie to me, or our family, about working out and eating healthier when you're not.

Signed,

Your irritated and annoyed soon-to-be ball-and-chain

ShyHeather
08-27-2013, 08:18 PM
Dear Emotional void,

Please stop wrecking my life and becoming a mindless drone. Just because severe injustice was done, does to warrant stuffing your face.

Sincerely,

The sick and tired of you me.

butterflygirljb
08-27-2013, 11:46 PM
Dear Butterflygirljb,

Ok. I was just thinking I should start peeing in your yard anyway.

Hugs and kisses,
Guy Across the Street

(sorry.....I absolutely could not resist :rofl:)

Lol. Glad I could give you a giggle. I promise this is absolutely a real problem that has been happening all summer. Not sure what is wrong with the guy other then he has no raising.

lanabug
08-27-2013, 11:59 PM
Dear Movie Theaters,

I want to see a movie and have a little popcorn, why is that easily twenty dollars? Just sayin...

Signed,
Former Cinephile

suetalks
08-28-2013, 10:44 AM
Dear people sizing women's clothes...

What is wrong with you? Don't you know I would be more apt to buy tops if they had some type of uniform sizing? Then I could buy wothout the hassle/heat/sweatiness of the fitting room. I mean an xlarge should be an xlarge...come on. Once again I trusted you, only to get home, try on shirts to find one in the mix that squishes my boobs flat as a pancake and makes my arms look like sausages.

Signed,
Thanks. but I didn't want to look like breakfast.

20lbtogo
08-28-2013, 08:21 PM
Dear husband,

I really need you to be quiet sometimes. I know you like to talk, but come on! I need some silence every now and then, and you know it!

Signed,
Wife who sometimes wishes you had a mute button.

OMG, this is my husband and it is killing me!! I was going to write a nearly identical letter!

Dear Facebook,
Please stop posting ads like "Lose 40lbs in 10 days Without Dieting" to my feed. They either tick me off, discourage me, or make me feel like a loser (in a bad way) for taking over a year to lose the weight I have.
Signed,
Not a Fan of Dr. Oz

P.S. Why do many of your pictures feature a fit woman doing something in an upside-down pose? Seriously, even if I reach Victoria's Secret Supermodel thinness, I have no desire to go hang out at a playground and hang upside down on the equipment.

KellinaKatrina
08-28-2013, 09:24 PM
Dear boy,
You'll be here in a little over a week. I'm sure you're not fretting a bit but my nerves are taking over. When you're here, if you want this to go somewhere, show it. I feel like I'm being obvious and have even told you how big a deal some of the things I've told you have been.
Signed,
Letting you make the next move.

Dear sister,
I'm glad you got such a great coupon buy! But next time take your $.03 chips ahoy cookies to work or your boyfriends house. They're delicious but I don't need them.
Signed,
Someone who can't eat whatever they want

Dear Kelly,
Stop feeling like you're not worth it. You're worth everything good that life is trying to throw you right now. Quit trying to self sabatoge and get back on track.
Signed,
You ARE worth it!

need2loseit
08-29-2013, 12:56 PM
I LOVE this thread!

Dear Five-Year Old Son,

I send you to bed at 8:00 for a REASON! It should not be my problem if you CHOOSE to lay awake and talk (to who I have NO IDEA). When it is time to get up for school, you SHOULD be happy and eager to meet the day! However, since you stay awake until 10:00, it becomes my problem and I am the bad mommy. Seriously, I love you, but GO TO SLEEP!!

Love,

Your exhausted mommy

Dear Husband,

I know you work hard, too. It would be great if you could man-up and discipline your son ONCE so I am not always the bad guy. I love you, but if you ever want more kids, you need to rethink this habit you have.

Signed,

The mean mommy

mygirlvj
11-07-2013, 11:54 AM
**Bump** I love this thread :)

FickleHearts
11-07-2013, 12:29 PM
Dear Bank,

Why is it, that when I write a check or use my debit card, you take the money out of my account instantaneously, but if I deposit a check it takes a week and a half to be available? This does not make sense to me and is causing a whole lot of undue stress during a week when I do not need anymore added undue stress.

Signed with deep frustration,
Your very angry customer.

Dear Husband,

Okay..... When you parents passed away within three months of each other and you turned to Magic the Gathering to stop your mind from focusing on your grief, I was perfectly okay to help fund your new obsession. And while I know you will never be over this tragic and horrible turn of events in your life, we no longer have the funds to continue to support your very expensive hobby. Please stop and please find another outlet for your pain. I have been here for you and will continue to be here for you until God decrees otherwise.

Love you so much,
Your concerned wife.

Dear Parents,

Please grow up. You have been divorced now for 8 years. I should not have to avoid speaking about one of you to the other every single time we see each other. I know you both still love each other and are too stubborn to admit it, and while I do not expect you to EVER get back together, you are supposed to be grown adults. Please start acting like it. I'm going to soon have your grand baby and I do not want to explain to him/her why his grandparents are being jack***** to each other. You loved each other enough to create me and give me an awesome childhood, so please respect me and at least pretend to get along every now and then for my peace of mind even if you go home and stab your voodoo dolls after its over.

Love you both so very much,
Your annoyed daughter.

Dane74
11-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Just saw this thread now (thanks for bumping it, mygirlvj).

AWSOME thread... love all the posts. :)

ILoveVegetables
11-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Dear potential employer,

I understand that you're busy and have a ton of things to do, but please don't leave me hanging so long after each interview! I need a job desperately and waiting for so long after each round is killing me. Tell me I'm through to the next round, tell me I've been rejected, tell me anything but don't leave me in suspense for so long.

Love,
Wasting away at home on parents' money and feeling like ****

Cali Doll
11-07-2013, 07:12 PM
Dear waistline,

Please, please let go of the water. I promise I'll be good from now on.

Sincerely,
Woman Who Misses Her Sexy Body

mygirlvj
11-08-2013, 12:32 AM
Deleted.

dcapulet
11-08-2013, 01:36 AM
Really great thread! Read everyone's letters so far.

Dear Son,
Please stop doing the opposite of everything you are told, and baiting people into fights. I know the doctors think its a part of the challenges you have, but the other morning when I told you not to eat your oatmeal yet because it was hot and you then felt the urge to be defiant and do the opposite by taking a bite of HOT oatmeal and subsequently burning you mouth and then screaming at me that I should have told you, has me and your father worried. While I appreciate that after the fact you admitted you heard me and took a bite to say "screw you" to me because how dare I tell you not to eat your oatmeal yet, it doesnt change that your behavior has your dad and I broken and exhausted. It also means back to the doctors we go because now your defiance has gotten so bad that you will endanger yourself to do it. Please stop, because currently we are all miserable from this.

Signed
Mom, not super woman

Dear Self,
Stop hating yourself for being back over 200 lbs. You have a beautiful baby to show for it. You will lose the weight. Relax.

Signed,
Your making yourself miserable over your current weight

Dear Ticker,
Why are you designed in such a way that displaying my current weight and my starting weight right now looks like I weigh 2,211 lbs...?

Signed
I already feel huge, you're not helping matters...

Dear GlamourGirl,

you ARE superwoman.

love,

dcap

Porthardygurl
11-08-2013, 09:52 AM
Dear Husband,

I love you so much..you are my one and only. Umm..can you say no to me the next time I ask for a treat or want a chocolate bar?? Cause its going to make me feel sick and I'm too weak to say no to myself. Oh..and can you stop buying ice cream and junk food for yourself?? And could you stop eating so damn fast..it makes me eat fast just watching you.

Love, your weak willed wife

Dear, stupid "I'm better then everyone" douche bag!!

Seriously!!! Leave me alone and stop yoing to every single place I am..I'm trying to live my life without you in it and without your drama tuat follows you everywhere. Oh and by the way..grow the **** up!!! Your 42 and you need to stop living off of the kindness and geneosity of others.Go get a job!

Sincerely, I wish we never met

Dear baby girl

Mommy loves you but mommy isn't perfect. Mommy is in counselling and struggling to deal with her crap so she can be the best parent you can have. I know living with Nana and Grandpa is hard right now but its temporary. Mommy needs this right now so that when we see each other in a month or two..I will be better, happier and healthier and able to love you to the moon and back. Please know that even though you wernt planned..you were not a mistake and you were alwaye wanted! I love you

Love, your imperfect mom trying to get help

LovesToTravel
11-08-2013, 11:34 AM
Dear baby girl

Mommy loves you but mommy isn't perfect. Mommy is in counselling and struggling to deal with her crap so she can be the best parent you can have. I know living with Nana and Grandpa is hard right now but its temporary. Mommy needs this right now so that when we see each other in a month or two..I will be better, happier and healthier and able to love you to the moon and back. Please know that even though you wernt planned..you were not a mistake and you were alwaye wanted! I love you

Love, your imperfect mom trying to get help

Porthardygurl :hug: I hope the counseling helps and your family can all be together again soon. Wishing you all the best.

LovesToTravel
11-08-2013, 11:44 AM
Dear Mom,

It hurts to see you given up on yourself. I know your various medical issues have been debilitating and baffling to every doctor you've seen, but I hate to see you go down without a fight. You act like you're 90 and you aren't even 60 yet!

I know you don't want to hear it so I try not to say anything- it's your life, after all. I just want to see you happy and active again instead of hiding away in the house using food and online shopping to comfort yourself. I love you so much.

Your concerned daughter

Psav
11-08-2013, 11:53 AM
While some of these letters are funny, I just want to say to those that are very serious....please know that you have my thoughts and prayers to have strength and peace of mind to continue healing!

thinin08
11-15-2013, 03:48 PM
I forgive you for the verbal and physical abuse during my childhood and all through my teens. It has taken me many years to understand your alcohol addiction. Our household was always in a state of disruption when you were stateside. I guess what took me so long to forgive is that you never sought help and I did not understand why you would not. Now I have a better understanding of substance abuse.

ILoveVegetables
11-15-2013, 09:45 PM
Dear Creepy Uncle,

The next time you put a hand on me, I'm going to break it.

Sincerely,
ILV.

Slashnl
11-22-2013, 03:43 PM
Dear 19 year old daughter,

Yes, sweetheart, I know you are out of high school and are now in college. And, yes, you have the opportunity to live at home while going to college to save some money. (And, yes, IT IS A GOOD OPPORTUNITY) I understand that many of your friends are not living at home, and thus, have lots of freedom. But, that does not give you the right to come and go as you please. I am working on letting you have more freedom, but when you take advantage of it and don't get home until 4:00 am, I have a problem with that. I cannot stop being a mom and I cannot sleep when you are out that late and I don't know where you are. Common courtesy and consideration for others would dictate that you come home by a reasonable time, like 1:30! And yes, I know you aren't the worst kid out there, but that doesn't make me sleep any better. Keep in mind that you have it pretty good at home, too. Try a little gratitude once.

Love,
Old and tired, dreaming of empty nest syndrome....

Dollfaise
11-23-2013, 10:45 AM
Dear landlord,

Answer. The. Phone.

Signed,
Your irritable tenant

Dear ex-boyfriend,

I miss you more and more every day that I'm with my new, loving, faithful boyf-

I kid, I kid. Schadenfreude!!!

Sincerely,
Your much happier ex

Dear puppy,

I love you with all my heart and I can tell you love me too but it's perfectly okay for you to gain a bit of independence now that you're almost a year old. You don't have to sit outside the bathroom while I shower but it's your call, Peanut.

Also, please don't pull so hard on your leash, you're scaring people.

Love,
Your Mommy <3

vixxi
11-23-2013, 06:18 PM
Dear super insecure, controlling, *hit talking EX best friend,

One of the best decisions I've ever made was letting our completely toxic friendship go. When you texted me a year after we stopped talking (because I deleted you off Facebook and you couldn't stalk me anymore) asking what's up with me and then ending the text message with "I know I didn't do anything wrong" I knew it wasn't worth even responding to. I hate that when I had an opportunity to take a test to get a chance to be accepted into a nursing program that your discouraged me saying "Well you didn't even study, its probably really hard" and "I bet the test cost a lot of money, why waste money when you aren't prepared". Im glad I took that test and PASSED and then got ACCEPTED and then GRADUATED. I'm glad I don't have to listen to you criticizing my relationships or making me feel ashamed for mistakes that I made long ago in my past. I'm glad I don't have to deal with your jealousy and Im glad I don't have to deal with your accusations of me "wanting" your husband just because I told you he's a nice guy and you're lucky to have him (he should RUN!) My life is wonderful without you, the toxic heaviness you added to my life is gone and it was so so so super SWEET to accomplish what you never wanted me to accomplish just because it made you feel "less than" me. Have a great life miserable ex best friend, because I fully intend to!

Sincerely,

Happy, healthy, and a **** of a lot happier without you

EasySpirit
11-23-2013, 06:56 PM
I have been lurking on and off for years, but joined today because I love this topic!

Dear Fellow Y members,

I go to exercise, not to gossip about everyone in our class. I politely listen when you tell me your family problems, their family problems. The fact that I do not discuss anything but news, weather, books, sports, recipes does not mean I don't have a life - -I just do not want to be the topic of the discussion when I am not there. We are not a group of close friends; we are a group of people who pay to belong to the same Y and take the same morning class.

Please MYOB.

Dear Refrigerator,

Please stop calling my name!

ICUwishing
11-25-2013, 11:05 AM
Dear Grandma,

I wish I could see your perspective on Christmas. I know you say that it makes you happy to give each of us at least twenty gifts to open, and that you just absolutely love shopping the Black Friday sales ... but there is no way I can or would keep up with this excess that is obviously more about "the haul" and one-upmanship than it is about love. I spend a lot of time thinking about the one gift I get you every year and try to find something that is special and unique, just like you. I love you dearly and I know I can't change you and I will be grateful for whatever years you have left with us. Really. I will. And so will the landfill, Goodwill, and Freecycle.

PintSizedTerror
11-25-2013, 05:36 PM
Dear Family,

Growing up, you made fun of me for having an "Apple booty". Even when I was at the low end of my healthy weight range, you'd make oinking noises at me while I ate. When you finally saw pictures of me 9 months pregnant, the first thing you said was "God you got fat!" 8 years later, I am 31 years old, had another baby and I am just getting over the insecurity you've caused.

When I heard you tell my 5 year old daughter she had flabby arms after her dance recital, you deserved my wrath. I will not let you poison my daughter. Most of you are overweight or obese yourselves. Check yourself, and even then, do not ever think you have the right to soil my daughters opinion of her body.

Sincerely,
I will smack you upside the head with a salad

saef
11-25-2013, 06:02 PM
Dear Snow and Early Winter Darkness,

I refuse to let you become my jailer this winter. I refuse to eat my head off, since I know that won't make you go away.

Someone who wants to leave the house after sunset before April

Dear saef,

Why don't you love me just the way I am? Don't I do a lot for you when you ask me to?

Signed, my body

LaurieDawn
11-25-2013, 06:35 PM
Dear bf,

When we were talking about breastfeeding last night, and you told me that you knew I had breastfed my babies because "While it is good for the kids, it isn't good for the boobs," you didn't make me feel bad about my body, you made me question you. Cuz guess what? I am not 20, I breastfed five children for approximately two years each, and I have lost a significant amount of weight. Maybe if I didn't have DDs, they wouldn't sag so much. But they do. And I did not need you to make me aware of it. I will not be ashamed that my breasts are no longer as "perky" as they once were. I am proud of the fact that I breastfed my kids, and I am proud of the fact that I am doing good things for my body. Pointing out the less desirable side effects of those good decisions only makes you look like a jerk.

Love,
Your very real gf who has a lot to offer, even if her body is not perfect and never will be

Dear Mom,

Really? You uninvited my sister for Christmas because my other sister suggested that it might be a good idea to "clean up" your Hoarders-style house? I don't care if you clean. I would prefer to sleep on the floor of your house than pay for a hotel room, but I would really like to see my sisters and my father, and yes - even you. I get that you deal with depression and that all of this is hard for you, but it's hard for me to make the sacrifices to get there, and I will pay for a hotel room so that you're a little less stressed. Please try not to create unnecessary drama.

Love,

Your daughter who is sad that she is beginning to dread Christmas

Jamiemae
11-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Dear life,

Thanks for easing up a bit.

Love,
Jamie

fuma
11-26-2013, 06:47 PM
Dear former "best friend"

I haven't seen you for years, but I still hate you. You were my only friend and you told people a bunch of nasty lies about me behind my back to prevent me from getting any other friends. I hate that you told the new girls in school, that they were not allowed to talk to me. I hate how you all of a sudden dumped me, because you had gotten new friends, I hate that you started talking to me again only to reveal that you did it to "teach" me how to behave in the real world, I hate that I can't seem to forgive you. I've moved away, am getting a degree and have a lot of friends and you are a divorced mother with a drug-problem and your own family isn't talking to you anymore and still I've ended up the bitter one.

Love
A girl who didn't deserve to be treated like garbage

thinin08
11-27-2013, 11:41 AM
What the h*ll was wrong with you this morning? You verbally attacked me at work over something as trivial as who I gave my time card to. I realize you are going through something. I would have been there for you if you needed someone to talk to. Instead you chose to take your anger and frustration out on me. NOT COOL! You were purely hateful to me. I will not allow you to make me feel less than the awesome person I am.

Your former best friend.

pnkrckpixikat
11-27-2013, 07:21 PM
Dear survey taking students,

If you answered yes to the questions "I have friends who are (insert race here)" and I have co-workers who are (insert race here)", and sometimes even "I have a best friend who is (insert race here)" WHY THE F**K would you answer no to "I associate with people who are (insert race here)"

Signed,

The data entry research assistant who wonders how you got into college

Dear students,

If you ordered your parking pass online why did you wait 3 months and accumulate multiple warnings and tickets for not having a parking pass before contacting refusing to pay the tickets because you "never received the pass"

Sincerely

Your email receipt stated to call us to obtain another permit if it was not received within 30 days... even if you never read the email 3 months??? Really?!?!

Rhiko
11-27-2013, 09:46 PM
This is a GREAT idea! I might come here often LOL :o

Dear Immature Friend,

I know that for the longest time you have viewed me to be your 'best friend'. In your world this might hold true, but in mine it is far from it. In my world, you don't respect my opinions, due mostly to the fact you don't really understand a word that I say because they are beyond your understanding. I'm sure conversing with me has gotten harder for you since I started university. I've tried to talk to you in a way you understand, but I need to move forward, which was the whole reason of getting a degree.

I wish you would make more of an effort to be friends with me and not say 'no' or give me excuses every time I make a suggestion. You do repeatedly ask how to become happier, but when you heard the truth that you have to find and make your own happiness, you stopped talking to me for a week. Even though I may seem grumpy or unhappy in life, I'm not. I'm only like this because I have prejudice against the world and the people in it. I can't let go of the things that have happened to my in the past and they cloud my judgement of everything. The thing is: even though I don't know how to move forward and let go of my past, I know that I'm the only one who can do it and that I have to try.

To end this letter, I'm going to start with an apology. I apologise for not letting you get any sort of closure. Another fault of mine is to have the last word before I march off into the sunrise--never to be seen again. However, you won't even understand this letter--which will never touch your eyes--so I didn't see the point in trying to reason with you. No doubt, your FB friends and those who tolerate you (yes, tolerate. I see it in their faces that they don't respect you or see you as a friend) will have heard how horrible the world is, that your happiness has suffered, that not even friends can be trusted and that you should run off to another country with a man that you only see for 2-3 hours a week (if he's available) and has already dumped you once because life got too hard for him. You're moving to a new country where he'll be stressed to no end AND YOU WANT TO MOVE WITH THIS MAN? For the record: from what I've heard, since you and him can only give me excuses when I want to meet him, he's using you because you're desperate for affection and attention from men--well, anyone really. So go, move. I don't want to have anything to do with someone who makes me frustrated and unvalued. I mean, when you ask to stay at someone's place, have the decency to get a bus ticket or get your own ride over rather than making me travel an accumulated 7-8 hours back and forth to pick you up and drop you off. Or better yet, get over the fear of having your car stolen and blimmin' learn to drive yourself. You'll see your bf more, at least.

Signed,
a very peeved off and happy you are gone ex-friend.

Dear boobs,

I really dislike the way you are so big. Having a DD-E bust size is unacceptable for someone like me who likes to do physical and athletic things. One of the reasons I gave up playing soccer, a sport that I enjoyed for 15 years, is because of you. I hate that men zone into them. It makes me feel so self-conscious and that I'm some kind of meat. I don't feel like a human when men do this, I feel like an object. I've heard so many men, including my partner, comment that the bigger you are the better. I know you aren't big compared to some ladies, but you are huge to me. I'd love to go commando, but you'll only break my back with your weight and uncontrollability.

I hate that seeing you move has put me off running. I was always suspicious of men watching me and now, after watching that video, I feel even worse! I can't believe I thought that dirtbag was being encouraging... No, he was hanging out the window cheering at you bouncing at him as he drove by. Ugh. Men make me sick sometimes. I'm not an object to be oogled, I'm a person to be respected. You have also lost that for me in soccer teams too... Girls made fun of you bouncing around. They didn't realise I saw them imitating you as I dribbled the soccer ball through the cones, but I did. I liked it better when I was the best on the team and they wanted me to be on theirs. And then they caught up to me and I was the loser again. Funny thing is, and I've heard it said to me so many times, that I'm one of the best people they could ever meet.

Anyway, we're going off topic here. I've had enough of writing letters.

Signed,
your troubled owner

shcirerf
11-28-2013, 12:24 AM
Awesome thread!

Dear boss, I have worked for you for 9 years. I have worked holidays, and weekends. I've given up holidays and weekends, out of consideration for my co-worker, because his grandchildren are not close, mine are, and his son is in the military. I'm ok with that!

But this year, I checked in with my co-worker,they were not planning on traveling to see his family. Yet, you ripped me and called me a bad employee for not offering MY weekend off to another employee! Sheesh, we have the Vt, a 15 year employee, me a 9 year, and 2 "NEW" 1 pt for 6 months, and one only there 6 weeks!

And then you have the nerve to go tell the Vet tech, he can go to El Paso. Really! Amazing, when he said they were not going to Texas, did I get an apology! NOT!:devil:

Not to mention I've worked tons of holidays and weekends.

This was not a problem until "Saint Joanne" got hired!

My boss told me finally had an employee willing to work holidays and weekends.:dizzy:

So, where were I and the vet tech for the last combined 24 years?

What about all the holidays and weekends we worked?

Oddly enough, given Joannes current situation, I feel sorry for her, and to a point for my boss, because the only thing they have in life is work.

I don't mind working, but it pays for my life, it is not my life!:carrot:

Dybbuk
11-28-2013, 03:38 AM
Dear Mom,

I know you're really proud of me for losing weight, but quit telling every stranger around us!!! It's embarrassing and honestly if I was still as big as I was I wouldn't want to hear from a stranger how great someone else was doing. I'd feel super self conscious...

Let's celebrate in private ok?

Your happy but embarrassed Daughter

ILoveVegetables
11-28-2013, 05:34 AM
Dear Motivation and Self control,

Please come back. We were together for such a short time.

Love,
Gaining :(

Porthardygurl
11-28-2013, 10:39 AM
Dear Scale,

I appreciate the fact that you love to show me my weight in number form every morning. However i do not like the fact that you tell me i am getting bigger just because i exercise every day! Dropping some numbers would be more appreciated and would certainly line up with all the inches lost.

Sincerely, I wanna wack the crap out of you right now!

Dear Best Friend,

We have been best friends for almost 15 years and yet when somthing goes wrong or you hurt me really deep like the other day, you still dont acknowledge that you hurt me and dont apologize. Why is every fight my fault? How come i have to be the one to apologize just to save our friendship from going down the drain? How come you cant ever come to me and apologize to me? I apologize even though you were the one that was wrong, just so we can move on with our friendship because one fight is not worth the loss of 15 years of friendship/sisterhood. I will move on and learn to forgive you even though you never say sorry.

Sincerely, your best friend

Inkrid
11-30-2013, 12:00 PM
Dear Friend who Needs to Redeem Herself,

Stop making gas-lighting innuendos about you and/or my DH and still expect me to welcome you open armed into my house, oftentimes for a week (or more!) straight! I had had it with being uptight, on guard, and paranoid about what you would say, when you would say it, and what did you mean by that.

That said, thank you for having the Mother Wit to choose other friends to bother during holidays and vacations and for choosing to travel to exotic locations if no one will have you.

For years I would not talk about the white elephant in the room, and would ignore you when you tried to bait me. I would be busy when you tried to make plans. I would wait a few days before calling you back. My mother's cancer prognosis was suddenly more scary. This was always the MIL's last year. And now that our girls are adults, you can't use their friendship to squeeze into our lives.

I'm sorry your DH didn't "fight" for your marriage, isn't cooperating with getting an easy divorce, wasn't romantic. I'm sorry I didn't tell you I met his new girlfriend right away. That did not give you the right to suddenly start gas-lighting me about my own DH.

No one else liked you. Maybe that was because of you, the common denominator. Please don't move closer to or in my area like in a bad episode of Desperate Housewives.

The Holidays are Hard Enough,

Yer Old Pal

Rhiko
12-17-2013, 05:42 AM
Dear Summer and the wind,

Go away, both of you, and take the simmering heat and the gusts that push me back but never forward with you.

From a disgruntled runner.

novangel
12-18-2013, 12:29 AM
Dear sick people,

A haircut is not that important. Stop continuously subjecting me to your sick children, colds, and having the nerve to admit you have bronchitis that isn't being treated with an antibiotic. It's highly inconsiderate. I just got over the flu on Monday and didn't appreciate being coughed all over on Tuesday. If I get bronchitis I'm going to be livid. Stay the f*ck home until you're better and keep your germs away from me. :mad:

Sincerely,

Tired of being sick because people don't effing think.

shcirerf
12-18-2013, 12:55 AM
In the spirit of dump all your c**p here!

Dear grandmother, who still thinks the Dh of your niece is a saint! Get over it!

I know! HE molested at least 5 young girls. Myself included, and his foster daughter, who was taken away from other family and given to HIM! We've talked!

You still think he is a saint. *deep sigh*

This has actually, finally been brought up, and family knows, but most still choose to ignore.

Dear Mom, It hurts, that I never felt that I could trust to tell you about the above mentioned. But I knew, you would blame it on me.

Dear Dad, (he passed a long time ago), I didn't tell you, because I knew, you would defend me, at the expense of the family. And I did not feel I could bear that burden.

It's such a conflicting mix of emotions. It happened back in the late 70's when this was not what it is now.

Back then, even if they did know, (they did), no one ever talked about it.

When it finally came up. Some denied it, and were, like, that did not happen.

Saint Donzel would not do that. DUH!

I do have to give my Mom a bit of credit, when we finally laid it down, not only me but one of my other sisters, while she was not willing to go to bat, she did, believe us.

By this time our Dad, had been gone for a long time.

So, to my Mother, I wish that our relationship would have been one, that I could have trusted you, to go to bat for me.

To, my Dad, I should have trusted my instincts and told you. Love you and miss you.

To Gramma, suck it up butter cup! Your saint was not!

To the others, known and unknown, :hug:

To myself. You were young, he was trusted family member. You did not do anything wrong. You were only 12 years old. While many things went through your mind, ultimately (this is hard), it was not your fault. You did not do anything wrong. It's still hard, because at the time, If I would have told, mom would have guilted me into being a bad girl, I was not, and my Dad would have whooped him into the next galaxy.

So, to myself, I did the best I could with the tools I had. Forgive yourself, move on!:hug::hug::hug::hug:

ICUwishing
12-18-2013, 09:29 AM
Janelle, from one survivor to another (with a crazily similar story) : :hug:

shcirerf
12-18-2013, 12:20 PM
Thanks!:hug: Families can be so weird.:dizzy:

xLaViBohemex
12-19-2013, 02:03 PM
Dear Abusive Ex,

I have come to realize that I don't need you to make me happy. I thought for so long that I did. But I don't anymore. I'm my own person. I'm a beautiful, strong, kind, loyal, sexy, smart, funny woman and I can find my own happiness. I know you think that I need you or for some reason you are jealous, but I can be me. I am me. No one can change me. I'm sorry. I will always have a spot in my heart for you, but I know who I am now, and it's got nothing to do with you.

Dear Boss,

When will you see that I know what I'm doing?! You promote another manager who is highly unpersonable, but still treat me like I know nothing. I've managed a year and worked for the company since 2011, so I think I'm not stupid. At least I work and don't sit on my butt like you do.

Rhiko
12-21-2013, 08:22 PM
Dear TOM,

Please come late this month, say, on the 2nd of January or the afternoon of the 1st.

Signed,
Woman who wants to move freely and participate in family things this year

mccull83
12-26-2013, 09:36 PM
Dear Mom,

I know you're really proud of me for losing weight, but quit telling every stranger around us!!! It's embarrassing and honestly if I was still as big as I was I wouldn't want to hear from a stranger how great someone else was doing. I'd feel super self conscious...

Let's celebrate in private ok?

Your happy but embarrassed Daughter

I COMPLETELY agree with the above.

Dear Sister,
I am sorry I didn't seem overjoyed when you announced on Christmas that you're pregnant with your second child (my other sister just had her second child recently). In truth, I cried the whole way home on the 45 minute drive. I know that it's not your fault that we haven't been able to have kids and that my husband got cancer (my husband and I are 30-years-old), but it still makes me annoyed that YOU, who were so awful and mean growing up get to be blessed with kids.

Signed,
Your sad (and childless) sister

treasureBelle
12-29-2013, 07:57 PM
Dear guy who I briefly kind of went out with a few years ago,

Yes, I facebooked you in February because I was in your town visiting a friend, and wondered if you wanted to meet up. I don't actually believe your claim that you "didn't see" it until a few days ago (after Christmas), but meh. I actually don't care. I haven't really thought about you since February, and even then I wasn't that bothered, not having thought about you for at least 2 years before that.
I may have thought you were awesome when I was 19, naive and insecure, lapping up attention from anyone who gave it to me, but now? Meh. I really couldn't care less. So when you texted me this week, don't go thinking that I'm going to hang off your every word because you're a guy giving me attention. I don't harbor any ill-will towards you... I just don't care - you're just someone I used to know (or thought I did).

Yours,
Girl 600 miles away who has moved on.

Dear Mum,

Yes, I like cats. I know you don't. But for all your talk about how we shouldn't care about being "cool", you don't put your words into action about things you think are "naff".
Some people enjoy volunteering at animal shelters. Some people like scatter cushions. Some people enjoy trainspotting, or being "anoraks", as you call them.
Just because I like different things, doesn't mean you have to pull a face at the very mention of the sort of woman who likes or has cats, and has scatter cushions around the house. I don't pull faces when you wax lyrical about the maths and science stuff you're into.
I'm just saying, you're not as open-minded as you think you are.

Yours,
Me.

To everyone who keeps asking,
Yes I do live at home with my parents at the age of 23 (soon to be 24). Yes, I really would like to move out. However, the lack of permanent, full time job is a problem. Although I have enough to scrape together a deposit and first few months' rent, my current, part-time job, which is only until the summer, does not pay enough to cover even the cheapest rent.
I am not the lazy feckless stereotype layabout some people automatically picture when they hear a young adult has moved back home. I do my own laundry, help with other chores whenever possible, and work every available extra shift that I can, even if it's not to my liking. I'm not sat in front of the TV watching Jersey Shore or other lousy shows all day, demanding that my parents wait on me hand and foot, and expect to be given the latest iPhone or other gadgets. I don't even have a smartphone.
I am so tired of the criticism from all angles. If I apply for any job going, such as cleaning jobs, I'm not "that's not a career!" and that I'm not ambitious enough. If I try applying for "better" jobs, I'm told to not be so picky and to take anything I can get. I'm sick of hearing people saying about how they moved out aged 16-18 and haven't taken anything from their parents since the day they walked out carrying all their worldly possessions in one tiny suitcase, AND worked all through the last recession, implying that I'm lazy and workshy and leeching off my parents for the fun of it. I'm tired of being told that people my age just expect a nice job to land in their laps, when actually I would be willing to scrub toilets. I'm sick of smug people proclaiming that they would NEVER move back in with their parents. I'm sick of the fact that my uncle lived with my grandparents when I was a kid, and he didn't get half the flak I'm getting now.
I'm sick of people acting as if I'm here by choice; trust me, if I could get a full-time, permanent job, and a room in a shared house or whatever, I would be out of here like a shot. I've put my entire life on hold, pretty much, to fit in with my parents' rules and cause them as little hassle as possible.
Don't get me wrong, I am truly grateful to my parents, and really do appreciate everything they do. I just wish I could move out and start living my own life the way I want to.

Rhiko
03-29-2014, 08:25 AM
To the two teenager boys,
I'm not a dog or animal, but do continue because your immaturity was hilarious and kept me in a good mood during my obstacle filled run today.

Note to self,
Don't go running around the university when there's an event taking place and steer clear of buses, as their drivers are most likely to let their passengers out when you're two steps from their doors, forcing you to jump between the first and second ones getting off, scaring the *&%$ out of them :D

ILoveVegetables
03-30-2014, 01:17 AM
Dear immediate family,

Please stop making lighthearted jokes about my weight and not having a job. I know it's my fault because I've always acted like I take it as a joke, but it really kills me inside and that's the only way I know how to deal with it. I really am trying.

Dybbuk
04-02-2014, 02:36 PM
Dear Guy I am dating, but seems to grow distant,

I really wish I could get a clear answer from you about what the heck we are doing. I know we messed up by moving way too fast... but I still like you. However, I don't want to be emotionally hung up on someone who doesn't feel the same. I can't change how you feel, so if you broke up with me... I'd accept it and move on. What I can't take are the random texts whenever you feel like it that make it seem like everything is ok. I've decided to delete your number off my phone and your texts so I can't be tempted to reach out first. If you don't make a move by the end of this week I'm breaking it off for the both of us.

-Girl who just wants an honest answer

Dear Mom,

I love you but you are driving me crazy. I understand that me dating is nerve wracking for you and dad. You don't want me to get hurt or do something stupid again... but I'm 26 years old and an adult. I need to do this on my own. I know I've been in a sullen mood lately, the guy I liked seems to be fading out and yea it has hurt my pride. Sorry I'm not sunshine and rainbows like always, but please refrain from coming to me and saying "You've changed, you're not the same person anymore." It's not what I want nor need to hear at this moment. In fact it makes me feel worse, that someone else has so much power over how I feel. If I could just pretend it didn't happen, I would in a heartbeat, but I can't. So please back off and let me work through this.

-Your emotionally frazzled daughter.

GOD I really needed to write these today. X_X

SouthernMaven
04-02-2014, 03:48 PM
To all my 20-something young cousins on facebook:

I appreciate all of you. You're a beautiful, smart, well-educated & well-intentioned group of people.

But for your own good, I'd recommend you refrain from going overboard with your "I have all the answers to solve the problems of the world" postings.

Because sadly, you don't. :(

You're just not wise enough to realize that yet.

It was bad enough when we were young and we used to do the same thing; the difference was, we didn't have the internet to save our "wisdom" for all eternity. Ours was mostly oral; when we got older and realized the error of our ways, it was easier to deny we ever said/thought/believed such nonsense.

Not so for you.

lucky216
04-03-2014, 12:28 AM
Oh man I don't even know where to begin!!!

To my husband,
You are truly amazing. I wish you could see yourself through my eyes. I have never met someone as selfless as you. I can't thank you enough for all the love and support you provide. I can always count on you for anything. I just hope that I tell you enough how much I appreciate you. I LOVE YOU!!!!
Love your blessed wife

Mom,
I know we did not have the greatest relationship during my childhood. I realize we all make mistakes in life. I forgive you. With that being said, I cannot erase all the memories I have of you, but I love you for who you are now. When you seek justification from me for the person you were when I was a child, it really frustrates me. Yes you could've been a more involved mom who put her kids above her drinking and abusive boyfriends, but you weren't. We have made it past that point in your life. Focus on the kind of mother you want to be now and whatever kind of relationship you want with me now. Rehashing the past doesn't do anyone any good. Lets put the past behind us and make a better future!
Love your daughter

Dad,
I miss you SO much. We did not see eye to eye often, but I loved you. I wish I could've spent more time with the sober you. When you weren't drinking, you were an awesome man! You left me too soon. We were just getting to really know each other when you passed. There are so many moments in my life that I have wanted to share with you. I know you are still watching over me. I hope you are proud of the person I have become. One day I'll see you on the other side. XOXO
Your daughter

Awesome lady,
I miss working with you! You are such an inspiration to me. No matter what, you always strive to be better at everything you do. You don't realize what an incredible woman you are. You are a great mother. Whoever tells you differently SUCKS butt! Screw the non supporters. Focus on you and your daughter. Keep going on your weight loss journey. The rewards will be worth it. YOU ARE WORTH IT!
Love me :)

***I could go on forever, but I suppose this will do for now. What an awesome thread!

doingmybest
04-07-2014, 02:21 AM
Dear Mom and Dad:

Even though you have both been gone for over 10 years, I can't find the strength to forgive you. It is only through your absence that I have come to understand the terrible effect that you both had on me.

Why did you beat me repeatedly (often with a belt), tell me I was mentally ******ed and that I wouldn't have much of a future, tell me that I was too stupid and weak to go to a major university, tell me that I was fat and dumb and no man would ever want me, that every decision I make is wrong, that my husband is a loser and my career will fail? Why did you ruin every holiday, graduation, birthday? Why did you refuse to give me any financial help when I was struggling, but helped my siblings? You were rich - you could have helped a little! Why did you destroy our family? Why did you take pleasure in hurting and manipulating your children? I am afraid that I will spend the rest of my life hating you both.

So in response to how you treated me, here is a summary for you: I graduated from one of the world's top universities with honors, and then I graduated from law school, I married a wonderful man and we have been together for 34 years, I have a good career and many great friends. I volunteer my heart, time and money to important causes, and I have a lot of fun. You are right about one thing - I am still fat, and yet men enjoy my company and two have actually hit on me recently! So I say to you both: F you! You were wrong to do what you did. Just because I was always fat didn't mean that I didn't deserve a happy life.

Dear Me:

Grow up, get over it and let it go! You have already wasted too much time on people who don't deserve you. Everything they did was their crap, not yours. Move on! You don't have to spend any more energy trying to prove that they were wrong. Focus only on what makes you happy and healthy.

I just thought that I would post this in case anyone else struggles with this.

Rhiko
04-09-2014, 11:04 PM
Dear self,

Next time double-check the documents you are overwriting in case the assignment is one that is due tomorrow. Otherwise, you'll be spending 3 hours rewriting the analysis that took you 5 + hours to write the first time and the essay that you're already stuck on and can't seem to write. Translation: you messed up and you'll be up all night tonight fixing it before 4.30 p.m. tomorrow...

Yours faithfully,
A very peeved off student

P.S. You also have another assignment that needs serious attention by that time, too!

Sasha29
04-09-2014, 11:51 PM
Dear C.,

You weren't the friend I thought you were. All you cared about was getting attention with all your drama, and you became jealous if it seemed like the attention strayed from you. You're 41, not 13, so get over it. I never "betrayed" you, and I'm angry that you are still trying to turn our few mutual friends against me.

No love,
Me

Dear A.,
C. is lying to you, and if you continue to defend her, knowing that she needs some serious help, then I really have nothing to say to you anymore.

No love,
Me

Dear E.,
I spent a year listening to you talk about leaving your husband for S., how S. was your best friend and your soul mate. I kept my mouth shut even when you had less and less time for your friends because your life was all about S. Now you complain that S. has dumped you for someone else. It doesn't feel too good, does it? Maybe next time you have an emotional affair you'll think about how it affects other people around you.

MissSMcC
04-10-2014, 10:45 AM
Dear guy I hooked up with 10 years ago,

I saw your Facebook page, boy you still have that smile that could melt ice.

Love, your new online stalker. :val1:

thinin08
04-10-2014, 11:14 AM
Dear Mom and Dad:

Even though you have both been gone for over 10 years, I can't find the strength to forgive you. It is only through your absence that I have come to understand the terrible effect that you both had on me.

Why did you beat me repeatedly (often with a belt), tell me I was mentally ******ed and that I wouldn't have much of a future, tell me that I was too stupid and weak to go to a major university, tell me that I was fat and dumb and no man would ever want me, that every decision I make is wrong, that my husband is a loser and my career will fail? Why did you ruin every holiday, graduation, birthday? Why did you refuse to give me any financial help when I was struggling, but helped my siblings? You were rich - you could have helped a little! Why did you destroy our family? Why did you take pleasure in hurting and manipulating your children? I am afraid that I will spend the rest of my life hating you both.

So in response to how you treated me, here is a summary for you: I graduated from one of the world's top universities with honors, and then I graduated from law school, I married a wonderful man and we have been together for 34 years, I have a good career and many great friends. I volunteer my heart, time and money to important causes, and I have a lot of fun. You are right about one thing - I am still fat, and yet men enjoy my company and two have actually hit on me recently! So I say to you both: F you! You were wrong to do what you did. Just because I was always fat didn't mean that I didn't deserve a happy life.

Dear Me:

Grow up, get over it and let it go! You have already wasted too much time on people who don't deserve you. Everything they did was their crap, not yours. Move on! You don't have to spend any more energy trying to prove that they were wrong. Focus only on what makes you happy and healthy.

I just thought that I would post this in case anyone else struggles with this.

:hug:

Radiojane
04-10-2014, 01:08 PM
To all my 20-something young cousins on facebook:

I appreciate all of you. You're a beautiful, smart, well-educated & well-intentioned group of people.

But for your own good, I'd recommend you refrain from going overboard with your "I have all the answers to solve the problems of the world" postings.

Because sadly, you don't. :(

You're just not wise enough to realize that yet.

It was bad enough when we were young and we used to do the same thing; the difference was, we didn't have the internet to save our "wisdom" for all eternity. Ours was mostly oral; when we got older and realized the error of our ways, it was easier to deny we ever said/thought/believed such nonsense.

Not so for you.

I often say that it seems most people are hoping that their Facebook pages will just magically disappear by the time their children are able to read it.

Dear drama queen with a keyboard;

You must be a beast to live with in real life, judging by your emails. You are not the center of the universe, well, at least not mine. Walk away from the monitor and go live a little.

mam1958
04-10-2014, 07:48 PM
Doingmybest I can so relate to you in so many ways.

Dear Coci,

You are evil. I truly believe that. Cause no god loving person could act and do the things you do and still think they are so loved...

News flash EVERYONE hates you.

You abused me emotional and physically all my childhood. You still tormented me until just recently. When Uncle died. Pretty bad when your own family didn't mention you in the obit people where told if you come you were not welcome...

Sadly it took me 55 years to realize this but I do now I am now free of you. Then you try to drag me into your scheme against your daughter. No thanks I have a life.

I have a wonderful husband the man of my dreams... Your husband was a pervert. You were the town slut so you 2 deserved each other.

I no longer think anything is wrong with me like you liked to tell me. It is YOU!!!

I am FREE of you. You no longer exist for me.

Dear ex-boyfriend I sure am the best thing you ever had too bad for you you left me for the slut.

Bringing her into my home town after you broke my heart, was just pure torture but I survive. What did you want me to do beg for you to come back? I am better off without you.

Dear self, You are now free to go on with your life free of these miserable people who showed so little concern for you.

doingmybest
04-11-2014, 04:14 PM
Dear thinin08: thank you so much for the very nice hug. It means a lot to me.

Dear mam1958: I am so sorry for the pain you have suffered. I wish you all of the happiness in the world.

mam1958
04-11-2014, 07:47 PM
doingmybest your very welcome we all need to stick together.

No one understands us better then we who survived abuse.

Take care ((((((HUGS)))))

sasyblond401
04-11-2014, 08:14 PM
dEAR- FAT IN MY BODY-ONE WEEK i LOSE 5 PDS AND NOW GAINED 1 PD---

WISH 100 DEGREES WHERE i LIVE.WOULD GO AWAY

Rhiko
07-02-2014, 04:22 AM
Dear life,

What happened? Everything was going great until 1.5 weeks ago. I know my body has always conspired against me, but you too? I went through all that **** for nothing... first 11 then 7 and now 0.
Is this because I'm cynical and negative? Punishment? Just remember that I had to develop those points of view somehow...

From,
Grief

BettyBooty
07-02-2014, 02:03 PM
Dear Supervisor at Work,

You are an ineffectual leader and in desperate need of management training, which our employer provides at no cost to you. You really need to sign up for the next session. You have no idea how to motivate employees or improve our already dismal morale.

Love ya, mean it,
BettyBooty

kurisitaru
07-02-2014, 02:49 PM
Dear 2007 past me,

PUT DOWN THE OREOS and Peanut Butter! You're THIN! Count the calories and keep working out! Do it!

Sincerely,

Your Fat Future Self

LilDazed
07-02-2014, 05:17 PM
Dear Coworker,

You don't always have to turn the conversation back towards you. It's kinda irritating. Just because you know a lot, doesn't mean you know it all.

Sincerely,

That's why I just nod in response most of the time.

MrsTryingAgain
07-02-2014, 06:22 PM
BettyBooty, could you please forward that letter to my former boss? Please! This is soooo the letter he needs to read. Course knowing him, he still wouldn't get it! :mad:

LilDazed: :lol::lol::lol: I LOVE THAT! Yup, world is not just 'bout you. Some people are so clueless it's boggling.

kurisitaru & others who wrote to their past selves: I HEAR YOU! Wish I would have listen to the little small voice saying to "take care of your health". ARGH!

Others who survived abuses: Don't give up! You guys are not only my comrades but my heroes. I've been there & scars may not always be so visible but they are there. :hug:

If I come up with a good one, I'll share at some point. Thanks to all who did share!

tubolard
07-02-2014, 08:36 PM
Dear tubolard,
Please stop hating yourself so much. You don't really deserve it you know. You survived a horrible childhood and young adulthood and you should be proud that you can still even function. Food doesn't help hurt feelings, sadness or anger. Your worth is not measured by your weight.
I should really love you more; me.

Dear hubby and son,
You should be ashamed of yourselves for treating me this way.

Dear hubby,
You hurt me so badly, you know how easily rejected I am and you couldn't find it in yourself to hide your smirk and laughter until you were away from me? I truely don't know what we are going to do when our son moves out, I don't know if I have it in me to stick around with you for too much longer.

Dear whole family,
I hate to say it but I don't really like you all that much. Don't get me wrong, I love you as much as I can but you just hurt too bad.

Dear butt,
Would it kill you to shrink a little?! Please! You should be illegal to be this size and shape, sigh.

That is all, please return to your regular programming.

ILoveVegetables
07-02-2014, 10:04 PM
Dear boss,

I don't think you seem to realize that what you're doing makes our entire company look foolish and unprofessional. While it's your problem if you keep doing that, don't make me speak to everyone and try to clean up your messes. I'm the one who gets shouted at and verbally abused when you screw up, and it's not just that you're ruining the company name, you're messing around with people's lives and careers here, and while you have no conscience, I do. Do your own dirty work for once!

Sincerely.

cheddahcat
07-06-2014, 06:54 PM
This might be a sad one but words that I cannot say out loudů here goes

Dear mom,
3 months ago you took a turn for the worse and collapsed at home. You didn't tell anyone you weren't feeling well. You were flighted into boston (helicopter ride was on your bucket list but I'm sure this isn't what you meant). You we're put on life support and I got the phone call as you were flying in. This year you are due to turn 65. I live in uk (3500 miles a way) my supportive husband watched our son so that no school missed I case he needed to fly him and so if the dreaded happened. I was at your bedside in 24 hrs. I continued to be in that spot for 14 days. I held your hand and just talked to you continuously. I slept in your living room but it felt strange you weren't there with me. Fast forward 3 months and you are finally out of rehab and back home. Things seem so tough for you but you go day by day. You have good and bad days. Please mom, it's never too late to take care of your body and mind. Old habits need to die ( ie smoking) and new ones need to be found ( smile, take up crochet , learn to do new things with this time you have on your hands ) we are making the trip to see you in a month. I want you to find happiness deep down in you because YOU ARE ALIVE. And I'm pretty sure my life will not be the same without you. There. That's it. :(. :)