General chatter - Looking for opinions on this book

View Full Version : Looking for opinions on this book

portia91
08-17-2013, 08:04 AM
Anyone read this book Cleansing for Health, Vibrance and Fat Loss? I just got it free on Amazon so I was hoping someone could weigh in?
(lol no pun intended)

Would appreciate some opinions.:)

QuilterInVA
08-17-2013, 11:50 AM
Your body never needs to be cleansed. This is just another bunch of BS and you will lot lose fat but water and it will quickly come back.

Katzepatra
08-17-2013, 02:27 PM
My thoughts on cleanses are they're not really cleaning your body as much as its cleaning your diet. I agree in the idea that the body is "self-cleaning" however it would be a good way to help if you've fallen into binges/overeating/holidays. I have the worst times with celebratory things as my friends and family seem to always be celebrating something and they do it with food. I have learned the hard way that I can't eat heavy wheat based foods so pasta is out as are breads and cakes. I also end up with stomach issues from high fructose corn syrup, simple sugars, and some sugar alcohols. It may taste good sure, and it may feel like participating at the time and "not eating like a bird" but man I pay for it later. I personally just up my veggie intake and eat more fish - no idea why but it makes me feel better if I do that a few days post party/holiday.
I'd like to do a juice "cleanse" to really pull myself away from all things processed, I just have a crap blender and don't have the money for a new one, let alone a juicer as well. While I'm trying to move away from all processed food, its a struggle. I think "cleanses" or juice based diets for a period of time can help with breaking the feelings that come with over indulging. It can also help you with correcting your taste as processed food are sweeter or saltier then their natural counterparts.

Just thought I'd give my two cents - I'm still learning myself.

seabiscuit
08-18-2013, 01:01 PM
I don't agree with cleanses either. I am shocked that my local YMCA supports doing cleanses, they have a chiropractor and someone who has some bogus health training that encourage it. I think it can be very dangerous to 'cleanse' one's system, it's not natural. Once I heard that my local YMCA supports it, I was in a weight loss seminar with them at the time, I didn't go back to any more of the seminars. I think it is playing with fire, be careful because it can be dangerous. That's my opinion.