General chatter - What's in your food? Anyone see this on Rachael Ray?

GlamourGirl827
08-16-2013, 06:27 PM
http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/show/segments/view/dr-travis-storks-food-investigation/

Did anyone watch this? ewwww....

AwShucks
08-16-2013, 08:42 PM
ditto -- ewwwww...

nelie
08-16-2013, 08:50 PM
For fun, you should read The Jungle which shows why what is in our commercialized food today is a vast improvement from 100+ years ago.

pnkrckpixikat
08-16-2013, 09:35 PM
*shudders* The Jungle ugh, I went veggie for 3 months after reading that book, I don't think I ever even finished it!

ShyHeather
08-19-2013, 02:39 PM
That doesn't surprise me, at all. The funny (or is it sad?) thing is that a lot of foreign countries eat bugs (scorpions, ants, grub worms, grasshoppers, etc...). I know there is always the possibility of 'unpleasant surprises' in our food. Still is unsettling to me!

In all weirdness, I would love to try grasshoppers ... thanks to Andrew Zimmerman (sp).

mimsyborogoves
08-20-2013, 11:43 PM
The way I think about it is this -- how can you prevent EVERY bug from getting in your food? Think about how many times you've been in a restaurant or store, eaten outside, anywhere... and a fly lands on your food? Do you immediately throw away your entire meal? I bet you don't. Specials like these only do one thing: scare people.

And besides, some germs and things are good for your body. If your immune system has nothing to fight against, how is it supposed to get stronger, eh?