Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 12:35 PM   #1  
she who must be obeyed

Unhappy Another whine.....well, maybe two

You would think I was having a bad day or something.......I'm really not

First whine.........today is the day my daughter has her senior portraits taken. We had the hair cut and colored last week. We start working on her hair and she is having a really, really bad hair day we can do nothing with it! And to make matters worse......I burned her forehead with the curling iron, giving her a mark..........talk about making a Mommy feel bad She went for the pictures anyway, I told her if we didn't like them she could have them taken again.

Second whine......we are sending daughter to G'ma and G'pa's Saturday.....she is flying up to VA. Hubby and I will drive up the following Saturday. Hubby informed me the other night that he made reservations for us to stay at the Marriott in Charlotte NC.......he wants to leave Friday night. I'm thinking........oh goody maybe he is telling me this, cause he is really going to take me away for a couple of days before we go to VA. WRONG!!! He than informs me, if we leave Saturday, like planned..........are you ready for this.........Big Zacks the fireworks place on the SC border will not be open when we pass through if we leave early on Saturday.

So fireworks are fueling his desire to go to a hotel with me. peachie you will appreciate this........he than tells me he got a really good deal........only 31.00 for the hotel and it includes a contintental breakfast.

Okay, I promise I'm done whining for the day.

Last edited by debkay; 06-19-2003 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-19-2003, 01:54 PM   #2  

Default Re: Another whine.....well, maybe two

Quote:
Originally posted by debkay
Hubby informed me the other night that he made reservations for us to stay at the Marriott in Charlotte NC.......he wants to leave Friday night. I'm thinking........oh goody maybe he is telling me this, cause he is really going to take me away for a couple of days before we go to VA. WRONG!!! He than informs me, if we leave Saturday, like planned..........are you ready for this.........Big Zacks the fireworks place on the SC border will not be open when we pass through if we leave early on Saturday.

So fireworks are fueling his desire to go to a hotel with me. peachie you will appreciate this........he than tells me he got a really good deal........only 31.00 for the hotel and it includes a contintental breakfast.

**raises hand** Uh, question? Is this what I have to look forward to later in my love life? Because if it is, I think I'm going to enjoy what I have NOW!
Old 06-19-2003, 01:59 PM   #3  
CatGal

Deb, you poor thing!

Don't worry about the photos. I think the whole country in having a bad hairday with all this rain!

You have to live with fireworks, I have to live with beer. I have been all over the country and europe with my DH, all so he can meet up with his beek geek friends! I get to go to Colorado in Seprember for the Great American Beer Fest! Woo! I don't even LIKE beer! The secret is in training them to find SHOPPING that is near the beer and or fireworks. One hand washes the other!
G
Old 06-19-2003, 02:55 PM   #4  

passing you some cheddar and swiss and blue!

I bet they can air brush that burn mark right off your daughter's forehead, Debkay! Now all you have to do is worry about the child protective services getting ya!

as to the hotel and travel arrangements; I feel your pain, I bet your dh is getting a free news paper thrown in with the deal. My dh wouldn't be able to resist it either. Bet he is getting rewards points too.

I'd wear flannel

and fuzzy bunny slippers

and that may be a good evening to exfoliate your shrinking skin with a lovely green mask.

oh, and Lori? as soon as that toilet seat stays up.....I'd run!

rofl!

peach
Old 06-19-2003, 03:19 PM   #5  
she who must be obeyed

You know he's getting reward points.

Oh, I love him with all my heart tho.

Lori after 23 years, they do dumb things, but than will turn around and surprise the pants right off ya, by doing something so sweet you cry.
Old 06-19-2003, 08:23 PM   #6  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Gee deb, do i have to wait another 10 years for DH to do something sweet?
Fireworks are illegal here so everyone goes to NH, but don't get caught coming over the border, you WILL go to jail.

-L
Old 06-19-2003, 08:31 PM   #7  

Debkay? if you are really sad about this, all kidding aside, he just bought you a really REALLY nice birthday present. I think that with guys like your dh and my dh the whole money thing is kind of like a sport. I know my dh is clueless when it comes to the romance department and just doesn't get it. But he and your dh are some of the good guys.

you could just wear your earings!

or

we could send them to the french chef! Oh wait, that won't work, it doesn't have a drive thru!

sigh

peach
Old 06-19-2003, 09:31 PM   #8  

tell me the part again about how he's going to be sweet in, what 13 more years? what is that about a birthday present? hmmm...that would be novel.

(couldn't resist a quick hi!)

dottie
Old 06-20-2003, 05:31 AM   #9  
she who must be obeyed

Hi dottie!!

Nah peachie.............I'm not sad about it, it really amuses me. I just was in a funny mood yesterday and thought I would share.

picture this........here is this successful business guy, who dresses up all week.....you get the picture, the whole corporate look thing going on..........deep in his little boy brain, he really wanted to be a fireman.........so what is the next best thing........he lights fireworks! Safely I might add.........had that fireman training you know

L-fireworks are illegal in GA too. Big Zacks is just over the SC border. All you see are GA tags in the parking lot.

Gina.........BEER?! If it's not one thing it's another gotta love 'em tho!!
Old 06-20-2003, 09:33 AM   #10  
CatGal

Yes... BEER!

Mostly from Belgium...

I have a lovely Belgian Lace tablecloth gracing my diningroom table right now that I purchased in Brugge while he was drinking in some bar with a Belgian Dentist...

I have trained him well... I will tolerate the beer trips, but I must have nice (not always expensive) accomodations, and I must be given the opportunity to shop!

Somedays he will come with me and carry a backpack. Everything I buy, goes in the backpack. That night I sit in a bar and drink water and diet coke. It's a give and take thing...

My DH is the best really!
G
Old 06-20-2003, 11:46 AM   #11  
she who must be obeyed

Gina, sounds like you two have it all figured out.

You are so right, it is a give and take thing.

I thank my lucky stars the day I met my husband. fireworks and all
Old 06-20-2003, 03:36 PM   #12  

Hey Gina,
The Great American Beer Fest is fun. I've done it a few times. I used to play on a softball team with one of the guys who organizes it. He also organizes the Great Pie Fest. What's not to like? Where is it this year? You know, I am in Colorado and can steer you to all the right places . . . like Rockies games, Bronco games, Avs games, and although I hate shopping I know which are supposedly the best spots to do it in. How lucky did my husband get? A wife who doesn't like shopping - he should idolize me!
Chickadee
Old 06-20-2003, 04:18 PM   #13  
CatGal

Chickadee! That is soooo cool! The GABF is in Denver this year! Woo Hoo! Any advice you could give would be great! If you are near to Denver, maybe we can meet?
G
Closed Thread