Atkins - Less than 20g?

View Full Version : Less than 20g?

SimplyLosing
08-13-2013, 07:59 PM
So I log my food on a website...at the end of today it shows 27g minus 12g fiber...do I have to eat the 5 extra carbs remaining? Im not hungry and quite satisfied from the dinner I ate. I see no sense trying to add more food if Im not hungry.

Thoughts?

On day 6 of induction.

Just looked at previous 3 days all 4-5 gram short. Cant believe Im having a problem getting carbs IN lol

melissakd
08-14-2013, 12:01 AM
I'm glad you asked this question. I ate 24 grams today but 9 were fiber.

JerseyGyrl
08-14-2013, 07:21 AM
While Atkins Induction is 20 net carbs per day (total carbs minus dietary fiber), keep in mind 12-15 of those carbs should be coming from veggies & salads from the acceptable foods list. That is where your emphasis should be.
If you don't quite make it to 20 net carbs for the day, thats ok, just be sure you are getting your veggies & salads in:)

melissakd
08-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Thank you Jeresey.

SimplyLosing..... are you having a hard time eating enough? For me, sometimes I just don't eat anything because I don't want anymore meat/eggs/cheese.

I know skipping meals is bad, so I'm trying to get this under control!

SimplyLosing
08-14-2013, 11:41 AM
Thank you Jeresey.

SimplyLosing..... are you having a hard time eating enough? For me, sometimes I just don't eat anything because I don't want anymore meat/eggs/cheese.

I know skipping meals is bad, so I'm trying to get this under control!

First couple of days I had no issue, Im doing better but I hear you now im like "Gee eggs and cheese for breakfast again...." I just don't know what else to eat in the morning lol

JerseyGyrl
08-14-2013, 01:27 PM
If you're tired of the same breakfast every morning, try having meat or maybe an omelette with veggies or low carb pancakes. There are plenty of fantastic recipes on Linda's Low Carb site:)

SimplyLosing
08-14-2013, 01:40 PM
Kim any suggestion for a low carb pancake? I'm wondering if it might trigger?

smith1313
08-14-2013, 09:51 PM
low carb pancake??? That would totally do me in....I LOVE pancakes with lots of peanut butter and lots of syrup or with strawberries and whipped cream or with pecans and bananas or with fresh blueberries or pumpkin pancakes at IHOP this fall with pecan syrup....oooo pancakes!!!

JerseyGyrl
08-15-2013, 10:12 AM
You can make low carb "pancakes" (suitable for Induction) by mixing 3 oz of cream cheese with 2 eggs and a packet of splenda. These are much more delicate than traditional pancakes so, cook over lower heat than normal. You can top with butter, low carb syrup, whipped cream.
Not something you should eat everyday but....once a week or so, a nice treat.

melissakd
08-15-2013, 11:24 AM
You can make low carb "pancakes" (suitable for Induction) by mixing 3 oz of cream cheese with 2 eggs and a packet of splenda. These are much more delicate than traditional pancakes so, cook over lower heat than normal. You can top with butter, low carb syrup, whipped cream.
Not something you should eat everyday but....once a week or so, a nice treat.

I wish I could clone you and move you into my house for a few months!
:hug: