South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 04:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Take your time Tuesday Aug 13 Beach Chat

Let's face it, we all seem to be rushing these days. Sometimes the stress of trying to do too much can be overwhelming. So today take a moment, take a breath and enjoy whatever suits your fancy It is not uncommon at work for tourists to ask to take a photo with you. Apparently I am a tourist attraction followed by the paparazzi As much as I find it intrusive I usually comply. Yesterday a young woman asked if we would take a picture with her baby. The baby was less than a year old sporting a NY Yankee hat (how could I resist) As she thanked us, the baby blew me a kiss goodbye. You guessed it; the highlight of my day

May your day be full of enjoyable moments.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:01 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Jennifer, thanks for starting us up with such a nice reminder. I needed that yesterday which was a horrible day spent doing financial predictions for the Mill.

I'm glad I ploughed through it though because my crazy Montreal cousin Cathy and her daughter are coming for tea this afternoon. Cathy is very, very funny and I usually have sore stomach muscles from laughing after she leaves. She had a dessert catering business at one point and I'm hoping to get some dessert ideas for the Mill cafe.

I'll definitely take my time this Tuesday and enjoy the day.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ooooh, Ruth, do you need bar cookie recipes? I have a few I use that are yummmmeee! Hope the financials came out okay.

Awwww, Jekel, what a sweet story! I guess the short walk I had this AM was my relaxing time. I couldn't sleep (and told myself I wouldn't run on my 9-7 work days) so I figured might as well do something. It is a misty morning and all of nature was quite noisy!

Darned it, I was out of work 1 1/2 hours late yesterday again, it's getting old!! (only 14 teeth from this dog....they really need to start brushing! ) Today doesn't look too bad, hopefully it will stay that way. We are going camping this weekend (ahhhhhh) and I am so looking forward to it. Miss Emma is going to a friend's for a sleepover!

Enjoy the day!

Last edited by TwynnB; 08-13-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:08 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Today is DD2 first day of school so I am not leaving for work until she leaves, she is up and at it, I can tell she is excited about first day. Last night we dropped off supplies at the Open House.

Jekel that is a sweet story

Ruth enjoy your visit with your cousin

Twynn enjoy your quiet time this morning.

Alright going to see if she needs any help. Have a wonderful day!
Old 08-13-2013, 08:19 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Sweet story, Jennifer! Thanks for sharing and for getting us started this morning!

I guess my time to myself was in bed....I resisted my first wake up at 1 then didn't wake back up until Kirk called at 5. Now I'm on the go...I'm half dressed and still need my smoothie AND 2nd cup of coffee. I will sit outside and enjoy it while I watch the hummingbirds.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-13-2013, 08:24 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

fly by this morning. I'm off to an all day meeting I really don't want to go to. It won't be bad, just really, really boring with a lot of people I'm not interested in spending the day with. I'm chatted out after the wedding. Oh well, had a nice hike yesterday afternoon and looking forward to a run to the coast and a whale watch tomorrow and meeting our own Cottage on Thursday. Time to get on the road
Old 08-13-2013, 09:39 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning ladies.

Jennifer, loved your story.
Ruth, have a nice visit.
Pearlrose, hope DD has a wonderful 1st day of school.
Tammy, Debbie and Cyndi- hope your work day is smooth.

Not sure what is on the agenda today for me. I was hoping to do some yardwork this morning but it is currently raining AGAIN. We must be setting records this year, but at least I don't have to worry about watering the garden.
If we get a break between showers I need to go out and pick some veggies.
I should also swing by the grocery store that is having the special on chicken and bag up some Dump Chicken for the freezer.

Have a lovely day, chickies!
Old 08-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #8  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Default Hi!

Hi everyone,

Wow, do I have a lot to do before the movers come bright and early tomorrow morning! I think that everything will work out though. Then in the late afternoon/early evening, I am going to get my hair done. It will be nice for me to relax.

I am tired, I think I will go put my feet up.

Have a nice day everyone.

Amy
Closed Thread