Carb Counters - I think this is where I belong (Curves?)

MauiKai
08-11-2013, 01:13 PM
Hello!

I am not a carb counter, per se. Years ago I joined Curves and was very successful at losing weight. Once I sort of "fell of the wagon" and started eating horribly again I gained back my lost weight. What I really loved about Curves was not the exercise, but the diet. The book comes with a diet plan with recipes and such, which I found so easy. I don't have to count calories, I don't have to count carbs. I just have to stick to the ideas in the book. It's the only thing that has ever worked for me. So, even though I have long since abandoned my membership there, I keep the book close.

I am not successful at counting things. I tried WW, and the whole counting points thing was SO ANNOYING to me. And sometimes I couldn't really find information on what the point values were for a given food. Too complicated and I couldn't see doing it. I'm not good at writing things down, or hauling around a book with calorie contents etc. So, this works for me.

Anyone one else similar?

JaJones
08-19-2013, 04:22 AM
I counted carbs with great success in 2011, not really keep track, but if what I wanted had for than 5 net carbs, I didn't eat it. I tried most everything else, but low carb actually worked. :) I dropped 75lbs in less than 6 months and felt amazing. Didn't have to log anything or write it down, just ate things that fell within a certain limit.