100 lb. Club - Steadily gaining!

View Full Version : Steadily gaining!

Mozzy
08-09-2013, 11:51 AM
I have been gaining everyday for about a week. Today I'm at 189.5! That's five and a half pound above my ticker. I'm not eating enough to explain the gain, and I'm not exercising.

I'm in a really bad mood today because of this. I feel like giving up! If I don't stop this trend, I won't be able to fit any of my clothes (I got rid of all my "fat" clothes about two months ago.)

Help? Support? Hugs?

mygirlvj
08-09-2013, 12:05 PM
Hugs Mozzy, Hugs!!!

You have come so far. You can be grumpy today :) even tomorrow if you need too, but after that..... no giving up.

PreciousMissy
08-09-2013, 12:08 PM
:hug:

thnknthin1
08-09-2013, 12:10 PM
*HUGS* Mozzy.....hang in there. How are your food choices? Are you eating differently? Did you stop exercising for any reason? Is it time for a diet break/mental break?

Try and figure out what is different or what may be going on and see if you can resolve it. Are you stressed, bored, depressed? I know these can affect my progress and mood. Take a step back, look at everything you have been doing and hopefully you can figure out what you may need to do next.

You have done amazing so far, this is very hard, I know! We are here for you and will help any way we can! :hug:

Mozzy
08-09-2013, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the hugs everyone!

I can't really find any major differences to explain the weight gain. I guess it's just a fluke?

bethFromDayton
08-09-2013, 01:26 PM
Oh, Mozzy--how incredibly frustrating and difficult.

Can you try shaking things up a bit? I know you haven't been exercising, but you are able to add some walking in? With all the weight you've lost, I'm sure you'll find it much easier than you used to.

There are lots of things people suggest--weighing everything more carefully, cutting salt, cutting carbs, adding calories, going VLC for a few days, drink tons of water--I don't know if any of them are the right answer.

You're in my thoughts and I'm thinking negative numbers at your scale!

MauiKai
08-09-2013, 01:32 PM
Is it ToM?

I went up on the scale too with no known explanation and I'm not enjoying it either, so I hear ya!

pnkrckpixikat
08-09-2013, 01:43 PM
No advice, just *hugs*:hug::hug::hug:

penmage
08-09-2013, 02:01 PM
Aww Mozzy! :hug:

RoxieK
08-09-2013, 02:30 PM
*big hugs*

Mozzy
08-09-2013, 04:38 PM
Thanks y'all!

Annik
08-09-2013, 04:55 PM
Hugs to you!

How is your sleep? I find when sleep is challenged or I am under tremendous stress, I can't lose and often gain during that time. Have read it has to do with increase in cortisol in the body -- the protective stress hormone -- that kicks in when the body feels it is under siege.

Also, how is your water intake? The body needs hydration to do flushing of waste/toxins/debris. Accumulating sludge could explain gain.

And bowel movements? Is everything working tickety boo?

sending you my love,
hang in there

it is a journey not a destination

ps should copy my response and read it back to myself the next time i have to travel over the same bump! it happens to lots of us!

patns
08-09-2013, 05:02 PM
Are you eating enough? Are you getting good fats in (eg olive oil)?

MissSMcC
08-09-2013, 07:22 PM
no advice, but that sucks and I didn't wanna read and run! hugs mozzy!

Nagazim
08-09-2013, 08:46 PM
A lot of good advice has already been given. :Hugs:

mccull83
08-09-2013, 08:46 PM
Gahhh! Don't say it's so! I've been routing for you since Jan/Feb when we were around the same weight. Then I quit and gained a bunch back and when I came back on here I saw that you had lost quite a bit and thought "see, you would have been almost to goal if you'd kept at it because Mozzy made it." Anyways, I think the above input from others were good thoughts and wanted you to know I think you're AWESOME :cheer: You can kick this!

lulu3
08-09-2013, 10:47 PM
I have had this same thing happen.....gained like 5 pounds and it is so hard to get off, and this is after 2 months of straight losses.

I think I will have to shake things up....It is crazy, but I'm glad you posted Mozzy, because I was getting really discouraged and ready to eat brownies....but we can do this!!!

Lets get back to our ticker weight!!:carrot: woohoo!!!!

Thinforme
08-10-2013, 04:55 AM
"hugs" I know exactly how you feel I've been there. You can do this. Weight regain only stays if you let it. Be mad then go kick that fat right in it's butt. Good luck mozzy you can do it.

Hopegrowsagain
08-10-2013, 12:26 PM
Don't give up!

wannaskipandlaugh
08-10-2013, 06:30 PM
Mozzy...l (( Hugs)) to you... Please don't get discouraged. There has to be a reason for what is happening.. Nothing that you are doing... sometimes it just happens. You keep at it and then Wahlah.. it wooshes.... :) You have come so far... Please do not give up.. please...

If you have no aversion to alcohol... IanG's diet of 2 beers for dinner instead of food broke my stall last month and again my Ibuprofen water weight gain last night!... Try it 1 night and see :) Just an idea....

But ((Hug)) is the most important thing!

Mozzy
08-10-2013, 07:40 PM
Thank you so much everyone for the support and words of encouragement!
I'm feeling much better today. The scale is being kinder (186) and I don't feel so discouraged. Thanks again everyone!

Arctic Mama
08-10-2013, 08:38 PM
I'm so glad it's resolved itself! Woohoo!

betsy2013
08-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Been on vacation and missed the first part of this, Mozzy. But I'll give you hugs for the start of the whoosh.....sometimes we just need before and after hugs! :hug: