Old 08-08-2013, 11:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/See Ticker/130

Height: 4"11

Default Question: Need to know if I will still lose weight after this!

About 3 days ago my mom fell and broke her arm I have been staying at her place for the past 3 days. I am still on the diet and get my points in BUT I haven't been eating the massive amounts of veggies lately. I get some at dinner and I eat a little fruit as well- compared to 2-3 servings a day.

Also I haven't been drinking enough water...I am still eating healthy, lean and nonfat dishes but I feel bad because I am not the "veggie" monster lately that I have been. Its been a little hard lately to snack in between meals ... will be getting back on track soon..will this effect anything? What I mean is I know they say lots of water aids in weight loss but I havent been drinking my 5 bottles of water a day, maybe 2 :/

On a side note, Ive also been drinking diet ginger ale- which is really odd for me! lol

I think what is happening here is that since my environment changed my habits are changing.

Thanks in advance!
Krissypants29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:04 AM   #2  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

In my experience you may slow down a bit but if you get right back to it, it should be OK.
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

There's no way anyone can predict or guarantee scale results, but if you're staying within point budget, it shouldn't affect long term loss, but you might see a delay in the weight coming off (and that's just a maybe). If you do see a stall or reduced loss on the scale, it's going to be water retention, or waste retention rather than "stuck" fat.

Just as an example (sorry about it being a gross one) water and fiber (from veggies) helps with waste removal (what you pee and poop out). If you take in less of these, it can slow the removal process.

This means more retained water and unpassed waste (not yet pooped poop) may be in your body at weigh in. This can look like a stall or a gain, when it technically isn't. The waste and water will eventually move along and the scale will reflect that, but the speed of the process can be affected by just about any change in routine. Bottom line though, your point budget is going to have the most impact on your weightloss over the long haul.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote