Calorie Counters - CC 4 Week Challenge

View Full Version : CC 4 Week Challenge

jigglefree
08-08-2013, 03:18 PM
Let's make this a fun challenge!! :carrot::carrot:

This challenge will go from today until September 8th which is a Sunday. Set your goals based on what you really need to work on. It could be weight or inches lost :goodscale, foods you want to avoid:no: :cookie:, Daily Calorie intake :hun:, your exercise goals:exercise::running::lifter::lifter::strong:, or all of the above.

Try to include a non scale victory (NSV) so you can have something that lets you know you're making progress.

jigglefree
08-08-2013, 03:23 PM
My goals for this challenge are:

Eat no more than 1800 calories daily
Move my body at least 20 minutes daily
Drink 1 - 2 liters of water daily
Loose 2" in my waist by the end
NSV: Defeat the cookie and chip monsters daily.

SarahLouise92
08-08-2013, 03:30 PM
My goals are:

1. Eat less than 1500 calories per day
2. Complete the c25k regime every week
3. Drink 2 litres of water a day
4. Drink 4 cups of green tea a day (I've found it makes me less hungry)
5. Stop picking at empty calories when I'm not even hungry... A crisp here, biscuit there! Urgh it drives me mad.
6. Exercise for at least 30 minutes every day.

Crikey! I've got enough there to keep me going!

mccull83
08-08-2013, 04:20 PM
My goals are:
1) eat no more than 1,800/day
2) only go over my allotted calories 2 times during this time period
3) exercise for a minimum of 210hours/week
4) drink at least 60oz of water a day
5) drink 4 less diet pops than my normal amount during this time

NSV goal: fit into my 2 pairs of dress slacks for work that I currently can't wear

CalCounter1003
08-08-2013, 09:29 PM

1. Eat no more than 1800 calories daily
2. Do my Walk DVD at least 5 times a week - 45 minutes
3. Fit into a certain pair of pants in my closet. I can get them on and button them now but couldn't possibly wear them out.

NSV: Avoid all goodies in the teacher's lounge (starting back next week).

30togo
08-09-2013, 12:10 AM
My goal is to:

1) Lose 6 lbs

Week 1) 164 starting weight

Nagazim
08-09-2013, 08:27 PM
My goals:
1) Stay around 1,450 cal/day (I'm being under currently).
2) Exercise 30 mins/day.
3) Don't have "cheat" meals.
4) Don't obsess with the scale.
5) Get to 250lbs!

misspriss78
08-10-2013, 11:00 AM
Oh..this is so exciting. Just what I need right now :carrot:

1)Eat no more than 1800 calories a day
2)drink water
3)exercise 5 days a week
4)don't let negative self-talk influence my thoughts

NSV-focus on my work pants getting loose and more comfortable

stimkovs
08-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Great idea- love it!

I think my goal for this month is to be honest with myself and to track (with the exception of means that I ABSOLUTELY cannot control- such as those involving travel/lack of access to tracking tools.

jigglefree
08-11-2013, 05:37 AM
Hey ladies.
The past two days I've been traveling but on track. Due to the nature of the trip I was on track with my calories and water. Couldn't get a workout in because I had a 12 hour drive to Muskogee Oklahoma. I was in a conference all day yesterday. Today I'm traveling back home. I'm sure I won't be working out until Tuesday so I can rest my body.

How's everyone else doing?

misspriss78
08-11-2013, 06:23 AM
Yesterday was day 1 for me. Ate around 1620 for the day, not too shabby.

Feeling good this morning. Off to work with my lunch packed. AFter work I will go to the gym for a workout. Cardio and upper body :)

CalCounter1003
08-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Kept calories around 1400 and did 3 miles walking to DVD both days. One pair of my smaller jeans fit. None of the other the same size do, but I'm so excited about one fitting.

misspriss78
08-12-2013, 07:11 AM
Yesterday was kinda stressful. I ran out of gas ( didn't even notice it was on E, sigh) on the way home from work yesterday. Luckily my sister wasn't too far away and answered her phone (she never answers her phone, she's a texter). She came about an hour later with some gas. Then when I got home my little girl ( got two kids, 8yrs boy and 11 yr girl) was having a fit to go get something at walmart for school and my little boy was 'starving' AND the house was dirty & meanwhile my husband was taking a nap:tantrum::tantrum:

So that was my afternoon, cleaning, cooking & a trip to walmart :dizzy:

I ended up going over 120 calories but I did get in a 3 mile walking dvd. Never made it to the gym but oh well, there's always today :):carrot:

How was every bodies weekend?

tfu
08-12-2013, 02:11 PM
Hi everyone!
Would love to join you on this challenge. My goals are:
1) To get to 140 lbs (currently bouncing between 142-144).
2) To plan my food out at the start of the day so I have a plan.
3) To stick to my meal plan with 2-3 *planned* "cheat" meals or snacks a week.
4) To keep calories below 1700 each day.

mccull83
08-12-2013, 02:34 PM
Welcome tfu!

I am doing good on my goals, except I need to work on drinking more water on the weekends (during the week is no problem). Already nixed 1 pop that I would usually have and doing good on eating/exercising.

Hope everyone's Monday goes well!

jigglefree
08-14-2013, 07:45 AM
Good day Ladies and welcome to the new challengers!!
I'm back to my regular scheduled programming. After I got back from my trip I was EXHAUSTED!!! Tried to go to the grocery store Monday but after going two of the five places I had to go I was too sleepy to drive anywhere else. Yesterday I could do the grocery shopping and today I feel like I'm back to my self. I stayed in my calorie range yesterday but didn't get my water or workout done. So today will be an on plan day for sure workout and all.

About to fix my daughter some breakfast then homeschool then workout. I got all my stuff for my juicing and clean eating!!!

jessica2231
08-15-2013, 03:24 PM
hey there I know I am late but I would still like to join. Love these challenges. :)

Goals for Challenge:
1. Lose 8 lbs
2. Dont eat more than 1,800 Cals in a day
3. stick to portion control
4. Reach out for help here at 3fc when i need it. (dont isolate and give up)

meowkat444
08-15-2013, 08:03 PM
Hi everyone! I would really like to jump on the boat. My main goal is to aim for 1200 cal/day, although I will be ok with up to 1400. Other than that, at least 3x to the gym every week.

Thanks for providing a place for accountability :) Today i've had 1000 cals so far, still have room for an evening snack.

jigglefree
08-16-2013, 12:28 PM
I got taken down by the chip monster yesterday. I did however stay in my calories. The one victory in the battle with the chip monster is I didn't eat the whole bag. Which is what I would have normally done...eaten a whole 11 ounce bag of tortilla chips. So I feel pretty good about that.

I'm drinking my water and moving my body. So surely by the 8th I will have lost two inches in my waist.

CalCounter1003
08-16-2013, 06:55 PM
I'm so glad I measured my waist this time. My weight stalls for days and then I measure and that is down. I'm doing well with my goals. Exercised every day, stayed within in cal range. But today my daughter arrives home from working in London all summer. She will be home two weeks and the go back to college. It's not as easy to stick to it when she is around. She has no weight problem but we eat out more and ... well, just Eat! But it will be fine.

tfu
08-19-2013, 02:11 PM
Hey ladies!
I didn't do great this weekend in terms of planning my meals out in advance and sticking to the plan. My food was okay, considering it was the weekend and we ate out a lot, but not great. Just wanted to commit to getting back on track this morning. My food is planned out for the day. I just need to stick to it and remember to eat before I get too hungry and start munching around on random stuff that quickly adds up to too many calories!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!!

ashley nicole
08-19-2013, 02:38 PM
A little late, but I'd like to join in! :)

Goals for this challenge:

1. Lose 12lbs this month (my "month" started 8/10)
2. Be able to do my lunges back & forth across the gym 3 times (only at 1 time right now!)
3. Go to gym at least 4 times each week.
4. Stay within calories (1690 or below) 6 days a week (and don't go crazy on my off day!)

jigglefree
08-19-2013, 09:27 PM
Good evening ladies!!
My weekend wasn't stellar but I'm back on it today. I'm on track with my water, within calorie range and just finished a Zumba workout. I've tried Zumba before with a Zumba instructor and it was okay. This time I did the actual Zumba video and it was a good workout. Especially since the video shows you how to do the movements correctly.

Cool thing happened this weekend...I was in GNC looking for something to assist me with my process and the lady that worked there talked me out of it. She told me I was doing it the right way but suggested that I add a protein powder (which I didn't have to buy) to the veggie and fruit juice that I juice in the mornings which would keep me full longer and eliminate the need to snack unnecessarily. I needed that!!!

Welcome to all the new challengers. I am glad you joined us. Check in frequently and let's do this together.

tfu: Sounds like we have some of the same challenges when we don't plan. Glad you're back on track. I did have a great weekend.
Cal: Could you check the menu of the restaurant before going and plan what you will eat before you get there. That usually helps me out. That way I can plan my eating during the day so I don't go over when we go out to eat.

Three full weeks left so let's push it out and have on plan days for the next 21 days!!

tfu
08-20-2013, 02:41 PM
Hi all!

I love having some accountability here! It's so nice to have a place to check in.
Yesterday went much better for me. I made a plan and for the most part, stuck to it. I find that it is hardest for me to stick to my plan for my evening snack. It always seems to get bigger than I had planned. Will try to keep it in check today :)

I'm curious how you ladies plan (or don't plan) your food? Do you plan everything out the night before? morning of? Or do you just count calories as you go throughout the day?

Jigglefree: So cool that you enjoyed your Zumba workout. Having a workout you like and that you feel working makes all the difference. Also, great idea about adding the protein!!

Ashley Nicole: Welcome to the challenge! Looking forward to your updates!

mccull83
08-20-2013, 08:34 PM
I'm curious how you ladies plan (or don't plan) your food? Do you plan everything out the night before? morning of? Or do you just count calories as you go throughout the day?

I type up what I'm going to eat for the week separated out by days/meals like this--->
Monday:
Breakfast
Snack
Lunch
Snack
Dinner
Total calories:

Tuesday:
Breakfast
Etc. I can then make plans (like what day do I want to eat less, what day do I have a party and need to be more stringent in the AM, etc). Then as the day goes on I can always cross off and write in if I substituted something. I make it so the whole week fits on one sheet of paper and has a space to write in your exercise each day. This way too I can go grocery shopping and make sure I have everything before the week begins

jigglefree
08-22-2013, 05:04 PM
Small victory: I was planning to wait until the end of the challenge to measure my waist but I did it this afternoon and have lost a half inch. That makes me happy...I'm making progress.

Pressing on and will try to wait til the 8th to measure again.

I count my calories as I go through the day. But I manage them so I can have enough to have a good dinner.

CalCounter1003
08-24-2013, 09:28 AM
I have had a great week. Stayed within calorie range and exercised everyday but yesterday. Thursdays are a very long day for me so I decided I really need to sleep in one hour which is only til 5:30! Anyway I was very pleased at my scale this am. Now on to the weekend!

mccull83
08-24-2013, 11:22 AM
My goals are:
1) eat no more than 1,800/day Doing GREAT here
2) only go over my allotted calories 2 times during this time period Since this challenge started I haven't gone over my allotted calories :)
3) exercise for a minimum of 210hours/week
4) drink at least 60oz of water a day Doing good with this except on the weekends
5) drink 4 less diet pops than my normal amount during this time I've cut out 2 so far

NSV goal: fit into my 2 pairs of dress slacks for work that I currently can't wear They are just a little too snug in the rear, but MUCH better in the legs now

CalCounter1003
08-24-2013, 08:53 PM
Mccull, sounds like you are doing great! You reminded me I need to try on my pants for my goal. At the beginning I could get them on but there is no way I could sit or be seen in them!

mccull83
08-31-2013, 04:03 PM
I lost 9.9 pounds in the month of August, and I hope to lose maybe 6-7 in September....we'll see

My goals for this challenge were:
1) eat no more than 1,800/day (Have only gone over once)
2) only go over my allotted calories 2 times during this time period (have only gone over once)
3) exercise for a minimum of 210hours/week (EASILY getting this in every week)
4) drink at least 60oz of water a day (during the week I accomplish this, but not so much on the weekends still)
5) drink 4 less diet pops than my normal amount during this time (I've cut out 2.....don't know if I'll be able to check this off the list by September 8th)

NSV goal: fit into my 2 pairs of dress slacks for work that I currently can't wear (I wore one of them to work yesterday, and the other one gives me a little "muffin top" but would still work with the right shirt)

CalCounter1003
09-01-2013, 11:15 AM
These are my goals and how it's going:

1. Eat no more than 1800 calories daily. Yes done great with this usually 1400.
2. Do my Walk DVD at least 5 times a week - 45 minutes. Yes! For the first time in 23 years I've been exercising! Doing the Leslie Sansome DvDs
3. Fit into a certain pair of pants in my closet. I can get them on and button them now but couldn't possibly wear them out. I wore them on Friday to work!

NSV: Avoid all goodies in the teacher's lounge (starting back next week). Been good here as well.

I have lost 19 since July 7. This is very fast I know, but I gained about 20 from Jan to June. I think my nick name should be yo yo.

jigglefree
09-02-2013, 09:16 PM
I'm going to be pushing through this week. I'm 1/2 inch from goal...I checked today even though I said I would wait until the 8th.

jigglefree
09-03-2013, 11:35 AM
Just checking on everyone. How's it going? I was thinking we could do a Halloween Challenge after this one ends on Friday...What do you all think?

mccull83
09-03-2013, 07:16 PM
Sure, I'm up for whatever. I'm already involved in a Halloween challenge and it seems like it's a motivating holiday!

I've avoided actually counting my calories the past couple days (I'll add it up at the end of the day or will pack a bunch of stuff and list what it is on a piece of paper so that if I want to go back and figure out calories on what I ate I can).....and I've eaten less than i usually do (I haven't been thinking about food as much. Like today, I ate 780 calories from 7am-5pm instead of my usual 1,000-1,100) and losing the same, if not a little more weight. I love the freedom (although I know it can get me into BIG trouble) so thought I'd do this off and on as long as I know it's not causing me to eat more or the weightloss to stall.

misspriss78
09-04-2013, 07:06 AM
Oh..this is so exciting. Just what I need right now :carrot:

1)Eat no more than 1800 calories a day ( not too great )
2)drink water ( doing better)
3)exercise 5 days a week ( doing great with this)
4)don't let negative self-talk influence my thoughts ( getting better)

NSV-focus on my work pants getting loose and more comfortable

Good Morning,

I've been MIA from this challenge so far. Lots of things going on here but life has slowed down considerable this past week so I shouldn't have a hard time at all checking in now :)

I too wouldn't mind a Halloween Challenge, sounds great. Congratulations on everyone's weight loss so far. thats awesome:carrot:

Emme
09-04-2013, 01:31 PM
Just checking on everyone. How's it going? I was thinking we could do a Halloween Challenge after this one ends on Friday...What do you all think?

I'd be game for this if it happens!

jigglefree
09-05-2013, 08:03 AM
I want to say good morning to you all. I will be starting the Halloween Challenge on The 8th. Looking forward to making progress with all of you ladies.

Emme
09-06-2013, 04:56 PM
I want to say good morning to you all. I will be starting the Halloween Challenge on The 8th. Looking forward to making progress with all of you ladies.

Awesome!

CalCounter1003
09-07-2013, 10:48 AM
Great! Is this four weeks over already? Time flies.

jigglefree
09-09-2013, 06:26 AM
This has been a great four weeks. Now it's time to head into the fall. This challenge is officially closed. I missed my goal by a fourth an inch. But I made some progress.