40-Somethings - One good choice I made today was...

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Mrs Snark
11-29-2013, 03:50 PM
I stayed on-plan through Thanksgiving (without feeling miserable, too!). Yippee!

kelijpa
11-29-2013, 10:38 PM
Ate on plan today, got on the exercise bike for 50 minutes, yay!
:sunny:

Mrs Snark
12-01-2013, 09:33 AM
Look! A whole new month to fill with great decisions!

Happy December!

Ran 4 miles instead of my usual 3.11 this morning, putting just a little something extra in the health bank! You're welcome, body.

kelijpa
12-01-2013, 05:47 PM
Made it out for a walk in the snow with the little dog, 3.22 miles in the woods in the snow, felt great to be outside!

Happy December!!

EagleRiverDee
12-02-2013, 03:05 PM
I didn't stay on plan with the food over Thanksgiving, but I did stay on plan (and then some) on my exercise. I did a couple workout videos each day. I stayed sore pretty much the entire time, but I consider sore good as it means I'm stressing my body enough to get it to change. I'm trying to do both cardio and resistance training.

Mrs Snark
12-03-2013, 11:05 AM
Had great runs yesterday and today, my good decision was to push my limits a little bit and see how I did. Felt great!

EagleRiverDee
12-03-2013, 02:32 PM
Good job, Mrs Snark! :)

My goal this month is to work out daily. In October I walked daily, December my plan is to do a video workout daily (since it's too cold to walk on some days as we've been below zero quite a lot). I still will walk when it's warmer- it's supposed to be almost 20 degrees F here today so I'll walk today as well as work out. I've been doing more resistance training, it seems like I do better at losing weight if I'm doing resistance training than if I'm just walking or doing cardio.

kelijpa
12-03-2013, 05:33 PM
Went for a 2 mile walk today, it was mid 30s, it was nice to be outside today even though there's all this melting and dripping going on so not too many dry places to sit, kept me moving...

Best to all :sunny:

Bindii
12-04-2013, 07:39 AM
I did my first Pilates class and loved it. I understand that as far as losing weight goes Pilates may not be the bee's knees but I think it will help me with an old back injury and will also help with muscle definition etc as I lose the weight. I was really pleased to see that I have still retained a lot of my flexibility despite my bad food and exercise choices over the last few years. I've signed up for another 10 classes for starters. :)

EagleRiverDee
12-04-2013, 02:12 PM
Great job, Kelijpa and Bindii!

I did a 1 mile walk yesterday at lunch, and then legs for my resistance workout last night. My Fitbit recorded that I did 11,000 steps, 29 flights of stairs and 69 active minutes yesterday. :) I love my Fitbit, it's really helping me to visually see whether I'm being active or inactive.

Mrs Snark
12-05-2013, 06:58 AM
Dee -- glad you are loving Fitbit, it seems like those are very popular!

Bindii -- pilates sounds great. I wish I was more flexible. I've lots ALOT over the years, which is sad.

Kelijpa- Mid 30s? Brrrrrrr! It was 80 here yesterday. Not very Christmasy. And man, the mosquitoes are still terrible, we've had a ton of rain and a whole new batch has hatched I think. We need a few really cold days to kill those suckers.

kelijpa
12-05-2013, 05:44 PM
Pilates sounds interesting, I've been trying some yoga poses, mostly for stretching, I've lost a lot of my flexibility as well, baby steps for me..great job Bindii, anything that gets you moving around is great.

Dee- great job with the steps, with the change of seasons and using the bike I struggle to get 10k some days, I use a pedometer to track my steps and run keeper for activities like walk or biking.

Mrs Snark, we got into the 40s today, but I missed my opportunity to walk outside as it rained all afternoon, they're calling for a winter storm tomorrow evening, I'm supposed to get the oil changed in the morning and hope the weather holds out til I'm back home, it's hard not to hibernate. I would love an 80 degree day...no thanks on the Mosquitos though, we definitely don't have those now. All our snow melted so not Christmasy here either.

My good choice today is resisting the urge to eat off plan, I could eat a whole box of triscuit so right now, only because I made the good choice not to bring chips into the house...so I counted out 6 and put the box away and am practicing all kinds of avoidance techniques.

newleaf123
12-06-2013, 04:57 PM
I said no to a beautiful bakery cookie at the bank, and again 5 minutes later at the hair salon. It's everywhere this time of year!

fattiegirl
12-06-2013, 05:15 PM
even after grocery shopping with hubby and a trip to the Amish market. I am struggling at present and it just feels unnatural to not be able to eat until I can't move. But I must admit I am not hungry. Success in doing this will yield much more than loss of weight. I intend to stay motivated.

newleaf123
12-06-2013, 05:49 PM
fattieGirl it sounds like you are on the right path!

Mrs Snark
12-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Good job fattiegirl, great attitude!

I did 2 dog walks, and biked, and ran a 5k. I also went sailing, but that didn't burn as many calories.

It was a good day for good decisions regarding exercise!

Tonight, I can lay around on the couch and watch three (yes THREE!) football games and feel NO guilt. Whoo hooo!

wantochange
12-08-2013, 12:57 PM
The good thing I did for the Christmas party - I brought veggie sticks so I knew I had something to eat during the night.

kelijpa
12-09-2013, 10:03 AM
Good choice yesterday to get on the exercise bike after walking the dog instead of getting on the couch :D

EagleRiverDee
12-09-2013, 01:37 PM
I've committed this month to:
-Limit myself to 1 glass of wine per night (5oz) or none
-Limit myself to 1 whole fruit per day (I'm carb sensitive, too much fruit causes me to have trouble losing weight)
-Exercise daily
-Avoid sweets entirely
-I am giving myself a single cheat day this month- Christmas day.

I do pretty well when I make 30 day commitments, so I think I'll be fine with this. I needed to do something, I've been putting on weight and I'm frustrated with myself.

Mrs Snark
12-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Kelijpa - I always tell myself that the couch will be waiting for me when I'm all done and then I can lounge the lounge of the righteous! Good job getting on the bike!

Dee - those sounds like great 30 day goals! I know you will rock it!

Wanttochange -- great job planning for a healthy option!

mezmerelda
12-09-2013, 08:06 PM
I said no to the cookies, cupcakes, brownies and bagels. Sadly, it's too cold here to go hike, so now I'll park myself on the elliptical for a bit.

kelijpa
12-09-2013, 09:35 PM
I like that Mrs Snark, I am lounging the lounge of the righteous right now, first time I did 60 mins on the bike, after 2 mile hike in the slushy snow with the little dog, we picked up the pace tonight since it was slightly nicer than yesterday, I was tempted to jog a little but luckily realized a face plant would surely result and not be pretty!!

Dee, I wish I had your discipline,that's awesome.

Getting sleepy... :sunny:

EagleRiverDee
12-10-2013, 01:46 PM
Kelijpa, Thanks for the compliment but 30 days is kind of my max for self-discipline. I am trying to do something new each month. October was a walk outside with my dog every day (she loved that). November I didn't do a 30 day challenge. So this month I'm doubling down, because I am sick of this weight gain.

Today so far my good choice was to have a low carb breakfast. I'm carb sensitive and it's really hard for me to lose weight when I eat carbs- even good ones- so I'm trying to go more low carb for the time being.

At lunch I plan to do some housework- vacuuming- because we're having freezing rain outside so walking my dog is probably out. I'll do an exercise video tonight- right now I'm leaning on doing the Supreme 90 Day ball workout, it's a fantastic core workout.

kelijpa
12-10-2013, 08:53 PM
Dee, I've found the exercise challenge and weight loss challenge threads have helped me have a little more focus, GardenerJoy starts a new thread each month. They're in chicks up for a challenge.

Freezing rain stinks, I'd much rather have snow, we might get what they're calling a wintery mix this weekend, hope it stays snow...or better yet stays south. The weather is really cutting into my outside walks, I'm really not liking it.

My good choice today was getting in a good walk with my doggie and logging in all my food and exercise, so I quit eating...

idahogirl4
12-11-2013, 12:39 AM
My good choice today was avoid temptation to graze on unhealthy foods. My habit used to be picking up whatever was laying around and eating it. It is a challenge to break this, but I feel like I am doing better each day.

newleaf123
12-11-2013, 09:53 AM
My good choice was to get right back on track today, after a poor eating day yesterday.

shr1nk1ngme
12-11-2013, 10:54 AM
Last night I went to my Spanish class party at a Mexican restaurant and in the middle of a class full of people ordering fried chimichangas and enchiladas con queso, I ordered a salad sin queso, sin carne, sin pollo, y sin adreza. Of course they served it in a fried tortilla shell. But I didn't eat any of the shell! I stayed (mostly) on plan! Bonus: I got to have an order of zanahorias en escabeche (spicy pickled carrots).

Mrs Snark
12-11-2013, 11:19 AM
Today's good decision was to give the rest of the rye bread that I overate yesterday to a neighbor.

And that's all I have to say about that (please read that in a Forrest Gump voice).

EagleRiverDee
12-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Today's good decision - I ate a low carb breakfast and for lunch I'm going to have an avocado and tomato salad (I'm not afraid of good fat!). After work I plan on doing a full body workout on video. I still have to figure out something healthy for dinner, it's my night to cook.

mezmerelda
12-11-2013, 04:01 PM
Trying to keep/maintain my good decision of avoiding the holiday chocolate in the office today.

newleaf123
12-11-2013, 08:04 PM
I decided that it wasn't that I wanted *more food* per se, but that I wanted to eat something *warm*. I made tea instead, which I drink plain -- no milk or sugar -- so 0 cal.

Psav
12-12-2013, 10:41 AM
Last night my 22 yo son asked if I wanted to go out to dinner with him. I was hesitant because I had been doing well the past few days but it was such a nice opportunity that I didn't want to pass up. I ordered teriyaki salmon and veggies and passed on my pumpkin martini! I have never ordered salmon before but I knew that it was good for you....it was delicious! I did miss my martini though:)

Mrs Snark
12-12-2013, 11:03 AM
Great job Psav! I'm sure you felt great after the meal, having done so well AND enjoyed time with your son!

EagleRiverDee
12-12-2013, 02:04 PM
Had a setback yesterday, ended up with sciatic pain in my low back, buttocks and legs. I have long-term (20 years) back problems and so I knew I needed to not push it. Instead of working out last night, I stretched. And went to bed. Today I still am in pain, I've been doing some stretching here at work since it's slow and I'm alone so no one gives me funny looks.

Breakfast was a diet buster - my DH made sausage and hashbrowns so that was my breakfast. But lunch I'll be back on track. I will continue to do gentle stretching and some walking around today to try and get my back calmed down so I can get back on my exercise program.

Mrs Snark
12-12-2013, 06:21 PM
Dee, hope you get relief soon! I also suffer from recurring sciatica and back/hip pain, it seriously stinks. Hang in there!

Leeh
12-12-2013, 07:19 PM
I had to whip by the mall after work/before supper tonight and I stopped myself from just grabbing take out.

Bindii
12-14-2013, 08:02 PM
Had a setback yesterday, ended up with sciatic pain in my low back, buttocks and legs. I have long-term (20 years) back problems and so I knew I needed to not push it. Instead of working out last night, I stretched. And went to bed. Today I still am in pain, I've been doing some stretching here at work since it's slow and I'm alone so no one gives me funny looks.

Breakfast was a diet buster - my DH made sausage and hashbrowns so that was my breakfast. But lunch I'll be back on track. I will continue to do gentle stretching and some walking around today to try and get my back calmed down so I can get back on my exercise program.

Ouch I know what that is all about! Sciatic pain is one of the reasons why I decided to take up Pilates as it's supposed to be good for sciatic pain (and so far so good).. I hope that yours eases soon. *hugs*

And Leeh.. well done. It's not easy to say no to temptation like that! :)

EagleRiverDee
12-16-2013, 02:56 PM
Bindii, thanks. My back is improved, and I'm back to normal activity. :)

I was active over the weekend. We did some Christmas shopping, so lots of walking, and I did video workouts both Saturday and Sunday.

This morning's breakfast was a winner so that was good, and I do have plans to do an exercise program today. I have a new one on order (P90X3) that will hopefully be here soon but I still have a pretty good variety at home. It's cold outside again (about 2 degrees) so I probably won't be walking my dog today.

steinanwine
12-16-2013, 02:58 PM
was ..... to drink A LOT of water! on 12 ounce cup #4! I've broken the seal!

kelijpa
12-16-2013, 08:34 PM
Had a good on plan day after a kind of loosey-goosey not so OP weekend, only ate what I brought with me at work, got a 2 mile walk in at lunchtime, I think I finally found my indoor route at work.

Dee glad your back is feeling better.

Steinanwine congrats on getting the water in, I still have days I struggle with that.

Mrs Snark
12-17-2013, 12:05 PM
Everyone is doing great!

Does your indoor route include stairs Kelijpa? You can get quite a work out just doing the stairs a few times at a day at work. And of course those walking lunges to the trash can! ;)

Today's good decision: listening to music while taking extra long dog walks. Really helped with my anxiety. I'm keeping a tight rein on the food right now while I'm feeling so anxious. Music and exercise help so much!

newleaf123
12-18-2013, 08:51 PM
Stared down all the candy in the candy aisle at Target. Thought long and hard about it. Walked away empty handed.

Mrs Snark
12-19-2013, 05:56 PM
I ran first thing this morning after walking the dogs, knowing that today was going to be a nightmare in the kitchen. And I was right, it was a good decision to get that run in before tackling anything else because there is no way I'd do it later this evening!

Good job Heidi, that candy aisle is NO MATCH for you!

kelijpa
12-19-2013, 08:25 PM
Mrs Snark you made me laugh again with the walking lunges to the trash can. My walk does include stairs and I park where I have to go up a set of steps to get into the building. Today we had our Christmas party, it would have been a perfect day for taking a long walk outside, dang social functions...Glad you have found something that lessens your anxiety, they say music soothes the savage beast, whoever THEY are...

Great job with the candy aisle NewLeaf,not sure I would have your strength! We'll find out tomorrow, finally going to get supplies and do some baking, yikes.

My good choice today is drinking lots of water, eating fruit before lunch and sitting here now on the recumbent bike pedaling away, be back later, too hard to type and keep a pace.

Mrs Snark
12-20-2013, 06:27 PM
Led Zeppelin is always a good decision.

Mrs Snark
12-23-2013, 10:48 AM
Today's good decision was to post my run in the exercise log thread for today before I did it, ensuring that I would actually get up and go do it.

That is a terrible sentence. But it was a good decision.

kelijpa
12-23-2013, 06:55 PM
Good decision no matter how you say it Mrs Snark! That does work to mark it down to make you so it, and by you I really mean me... :D

Stayed on plan today, feel dangerous loosening up for the holidays trying to worm it's way in...trying to keep that monster under control, hope to get back on track right after Christmas Day.

Mrs Snark
01-01-2014, 07:22 PM
Insomnia keeping me awake? No problem, I'll just run a 5k. That will teach my screwy sleep cycle to mess with the likes of me!

Mrs Snark
01-02-2014, 07:06 PM
Where all my peoples at, people? Come inspire me with your awesome decisions! I neeeeeed you!

My good decision today: No drinkie for me tonight.

Now, I must go cry my heart out. ;)

newleaf123
01-02-2014, 07:21 PM
I figured out a way to eat properly today, despite it being an office day. First time! (today was day 4 of the new job)

TwynnB
01-02-2014, 09:09 PM
I was alone. In the house. With cookies, and Panera Bread.

My Choice?

40 minutes on the bike.

YAY ME!

EagleRiverDee
01-02-2014, 09:45 PM
I was alone. In the house. With cookies, and Panera Bread.

My Choice?

40 minutes on the bike.

YAY ME!

Nice job!

kelijpa
01-03-2014, 07:52 PM
My good choice today was starting up my exercise program again, going to try and do the whole 12 week program, feeling confident from completing the C25K I think I can do it!

Mrs Snark I finally made a good choice today, I'm back :D

NewLeaf congrats on finding your way to eat at the office :D

Hope everyone's doing well! :sunny:

WTG TwynnB!!

shr1nk1ngme
01-03-2014, 08:01 PM
Getting extra errands done this morning AND staying on my meal plan all day.

Mrs Snark
01-04-2014, 01:14 PM
Kelijpa -- I have no doubts you'll complete the 12 week program!

Twynne -- Panera bread and you didn't eat it? YOU WIN!

ShrinkingMe -- Great job!

I did my run even though my legs were sore from the day before workout. But I got it done -- I put on an episode of the Walking Dead and I ran until it was done, yippee!

kelijpa
01-04-2014, 01:49 PM
Mrs Snark, great job on getting the run in, I was feeling yesterday's exercises today as well, but did 'em again. I'm afraid to start watching the Walking Dead, I almost started after watching World War Z, great zombies. It probably would be good for working out, I usually read something on my kindle app, but do sometimes watch a movie or a show.

Best to all :sunny: lots of sun today, but cold, cold, cold.

TwynnB
01-04-2014, 06:38 PM
I didn't eat a one of my kids' potato chips (although it's easier to resist those nasty salt and vinegar ones DS has!). If I start, I can't stop!

kelijpa
01-04-2014, 08:20 PM
We made it to the rail trail today, bundled up and got in 4 miles, they had it cleared pretty good, a little snowy here and there, about 20 degrees and sunny.

We went shopping got some fish and veggies, apples and oranges, bringing in the healthy stuff.

mainecyn
01-04-2014, 08:54 PM
Not letting the fact that did a favor for my x-husband, his unthankful and demanding nature, ruin my entire day and make me turn to food after a week of doing what I should. I took the kids and dropped them off at his house last Saturday for their visit. His car was broken down. It was a one time thing, the only he arranged or asked for.

This morning pick up time came and went, he called demanding to know where the kids were, told him they were here waiting for him. He said I knew his car wasn't running, and I knew that I needed to bring them to him. I told him NO I didn't know his car was still not running as he hadn't contacted me since, or asked me to bring the kids to his apartment again this Saturday.

Gee it sounded like when we were married. I'm just suppossed to know he needs things and provide it or do him favors and forget the way he behaves and demands. This would have driven me to food in the past, probably would have last week as well. Not today, I wasn't going to give him that victory.

kelijpa
01-05-2014, 09:55 AM
Way to go Mainecyn! Stay strong :sunny:

Mrs Snark
01-05-2014, 01:34 PM
Way to go Cyn, those emotional challenges can be so tough!

Twynn -- oh man, I loooove salt and vinegar chips (at least I formerly looooved them).

Today's good decision: biking with Mr. Snark before we sink back into the sofas to watch playoff football. He always makes me go so much faster than I'd go by myself -- I was uncomfortable for all 13.67 miles so I know I got a good workout. By myself I have a tendency to just cruuuuiiise along while looking at this or that.

kelijpa
01-05-2014, 05:02 PM
Good choice today was doing lunges and squats before going out on the snowshoes with DH, no way I would be doing them now. DH kept a much faster pace than I would have coming back, I kept slowing down and then having to pick up the pace, I really didn't want to fall back. I had a good pace going out, breaking trail, so it worked out good.

Mrs Snark, can't wait to be able to ride my bike outside :D

FatAbbi
01-05-2014, 07:31 PM
Ate a gluten free butter flavored rice cake instead of a bag of popcorn

vealcalf2000
01-05-2014, 07:34 PM
Went to the gym with a friend. Pushed myself to do more and left an hour and 10 min later having walked 3 miles and biked 14 miles. Longest I ever went in one gym visit!

Bindii
01-05-2014, 09:56 PM
Today I made a choice to stop mucking about with my yoyo dieting and to get down to it and make it work! Telling myself that I will be extra good tomorrow after eating wrong today isn't ever going to work for me - or my partner who has agreed to support me and join me on my EVERYDAY healthy eating and exercise plan. :)

Leeh
01-06-2014, 08:34 AM
I got out of bed.

Coops625
01-06-2014, 12:16 PM
Making oatmeal for breakfast!

FatAbbi
01-07-2014, 01:54 AM
I had 20 mins to kill while waiting for a meeting. I walked.

FatAbbi
01-07-2014, 06:49 PM
Ate 2 tacos with corn tortillas, no rice, no beans.

Oh..eloped and married the best guy I've ever dated on the spur of the moment because? Why the heck not? Lol my family is gonna be shocked.

EagleRiverDee
01-07-2014, 08:11 PM
Had a high quality low calorie breakfast and lunch. Hopefully I can keep that momentum going at dinner time too.

FatAbbi
01-07-2014, 08:56 PM
Good job!

TwynnB
01-07-2014, 09:18 PM
DDDAAAANNNNNGGGGG Abbi!!! WOOOO HOOO!O!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

FatAbbi
01-07-2014, 10:17 PM
That's how I do. Lol kidding, I've never done anything like this in my life but it was fun :)

When he said he was ready to go on a bike ride if u was, it showed me again why he is so neat.

Mrs Snark
01-08-2014, 09:54 AM
Congrats Abbi!!! How exciting!

merstopher
01-08-2014, 09:58 AM
Way to go Abbie!

Mrs Snark
01-08-2014, 10:11 AM
Good decision: I did all my day's exercise, plus meditation, first thing today. Dog walks, then run, then strength, then shower, then meditation. I'm going to count the shower as exercise since I scrubbed the floor while I was in there. ;)

FatAbbi
01-09-2014, 05:14 PM
Thanks everyone!

Today, I resisted a fast food stop. Day 8 no gluten, no wheat, no fast food!!

I hate half a beef tamale, 1 cup cottage cheese, 4 strawberries and 4 bites of pineapple for lunch!

TwynnB
01-09-2014, 08:34 PM
We went to Mexican tonight....and I had (only) 3 (!!!!) chips!!

And....I had the shrimp salad...what a delightful find! Marinated broiled shrimp on spinach with onions, tomatoes (they were even ripe), sour cream and cheese (not tooo much). Yum!

kelijpa
01-10-2014, 10:51 AM
:congrat: Abbi! How exciting!

Way to get in some extra exercise Mrs Snark!

Good choice yesterday was starting week 2 of my exercise program instead of taking the day off after completing week 1 like I wanted to...

FatAbbi
01-10-2014, 02:17 PM
Today I bought myself gluten free popcorn instead of the doughnut I really wanted.... mmmmmm sugar.

soon2beskinnyCarma
01-11-2014, 12:23 AM
Cold stone creamery ....... Got the Sorbet

MarleneV
01-11-2014, 02:13 AM
Carma, the sorbet was a great choice!

Mrs Snark
01-11-2014, 09:31 AM
No wine or cocktails last night. Aiming to do the same tonight.

kelijpa
01-11-2014, 11:28 AM
Got in the car with DH yesterday and got to the rail trail, our driveway was snow covered (only about an inch and a half) but he was confident (and correct) that it was good for driving, got my spring mix and avocados, so ready for the upcoming week!

newleaf123
01-12-2014, 05:22 PM
Got on the elliptical today; first time in a long tim.

Mrs Snark
01-12-2014, 11:50 PM
Biking instead of running, the weather was awesome.

FatAbbi
01-13-2014, 04:31 PM
Well... 12 days no wheat, no gluten. Fast food one time and it was El Pollo Loco: Chicken breast, broccoli and beans. No too bad!

Mrs Snark
01-13-2014, 06:52 PM
Good job Abbi!

Sassyblonde
01-14-2014, 03:17 AM
I am not going to eat right now although my tummy is growling...I am going to log out, drink some water and go to bed :)

Mrs Snark
01-14-2014, 12:27 PM
Good for you Sassy!

FatAbbi
01-14-2014, 05:33 PM
Still no wheat, no gluten... I ate fruit when I really wanted snack wells cookies. So unbelievably to stay on track right now. Increasing my water as much as I can because it helps with hunger, but still trying to stay focused! Weigh-in will be on Thursday I hope I make my 1.24 goal!!

Bindii
01-14-2014, 06:24 PM
Still no wheat, no gluten... I ate fruit when I really wanted snack wells cookies. So unbelievably to stay on track right now. Increasing my water as much as I can because it helps with hunger, but still trying to stay focused! Weigh-in will be on Thursday I hope I make my 1.24 goal!!

Hang in there Abbi - you will thank yourself for it later. :)

At the moment I am sitting here trying to decide what to have for breakfast - the pickings are slim as I haven't been shopping this week and I had Carpal Tunnel Surgery yesterday so driving is out of the question for now. Looks like water and a poached egg may have to be it this morning. :)

Jenn0507
01-14-2014, 08:55 PM
I am resisting the Ghirardelli chocolates in my freezer and having an orange instead. :D

kelijpa
01-14-2014, 09:35 PM
Got in 30 minutes on the exercise bike.

Bindii, best wishes on your recovery, I had that years ago on my right wrist, should have done the left, still might as it does wake me up sometimes, which is highly annoying!

Mrs Snark
01-15-2014, 10:35 AM
Bindi -- sending you healing vibes!

Jenn -- great job resisting the chocolate!

Abbi -- you're doing great, and even if the scale has a weird fluctuation or whatever, you KNOW you've been doing the right things so just keep it up!

Kelijpa -- Nice job biking!

My good decision: extra long dog walks for all three of my dogs this morning, so I am a hero to my pooches and they are all passed out now. I love making them happy.

RideRunRepeat
01-15-2014, 11:18 AM
'Fessed up and weighed myself this morning...and was super pleased to find I was two pounds lighter than I thought I would be! Now...I have a starting place...and I'm gonna get to work! :D

Mrs Snark
01-15-2014, 11:44 AM
Good for you RideRunRepeat (love the name!) And welcome!

kelijpa
01-15-2014, 08:50 PM
Way to be the doggie hero, Mrs Snark!!

Forced myself to get up and walk at work today, had a meeting that let me push of my usual lunch walk....I actually had to yell at myself (inside my little head) "get off your butt and go walk!"

Mrs Snark can you imagine the heads peeking around corners if I yelled it out loud... :lol: then marched my walking lunges out of there :rofl:

Best to all, hope it was much easier for you to get your butt out of the chair!

Tonight's exercises were much easier, going to watch Arrow, DH says it's just for Steven Amell's shirtless moments, lol

Chardonnay
01-15-2014, 09:05 PM
Hi everyone,
One good choice I made today was to start taking cranberry tablets. I was drinking 2 glasses of cranberry juice a day (220 calories) for urinary tract health, but opted for the pills, I'm saving myself all those calories (including the sugar). I have trouble swallowing pills, but finally found a chewable form, I'm pretty happy about this choice!

newleaf123
01-15-2014, 10:50 PM
Great choice, Chardonnay!

:welcome2:

FatAbbi
01-15-2014, 11:12 PM
Stayed on track.... That's all I got lol

MarleneV
01-15-2014, 11:34 PM
Abbi, that's all it takes! Staying on track, day by day... good job!

FatAbbi
01-16-2014, 12:59 AM
One day at a time right now lol

Mrs Snark
01-16-2014, 02:29 PM
Didn't buy anything not on my list while at the grocery store.

Not even maraschino cherries. I even managed to make it out of the building without holding the maraschino cherry jars and crooning to them softly.

But just barely.

<singing>Ooohhhh my loooovee, my darlinnng, I've hungered for your touch, a long lonely tiiiiimmmmmeeeee <end singing>

EagleRiverDee
01-16-2014, 03:31 PM
Didn't buy anything not on my list while at the grocery store.

Not even maraschino cherries. I even managed to make it out of the building without holding the maraschino cherry jars and crooning to them softly.

But just barely.

<singing>Ooohhhh my loooovee, my darlinnng, I've hungered for your touch, a long lonely tiiiiimmmmmeeeee <end singing>

That made me laugh, thanks! My weakness is olives. I made it out of the grocery store the other day without them. Let's see if I can manage it today- I've been avoiding going to the grocery store but today I have to.

FatAbbi
01-16-2014, 11:49 PM
No wheat, no gluten, no fast food.... Oh man, I want 99cent jack in the box tacos!

MarleneV
01-17-2014, 01:03 AM
No wheat, no gluten, no fast food.... Oh man, I want 99cent jack in the box tacos!

RESIST THE URGE! :D

Bindii
01-17-2014, 08:01 PM
I walked for 45 minutes on the treadmill for the first time in a few weeks as I've been trying to give my shin splints some time to heal. No pain so I'm feeling good! :)

FatAbbi
01-18-2014, 01:13 AM
Had no lunch break and didn't binge after work.

Mrs Snark
01-18-2014, 04:06 PM
Hot tea instead of pita and hummus. Yay!

underanalysis
01-18-2014, 04:12 PM
Went out for Indian food at lunch and only ate half of it (staying within correct portion sizes).

Chardonnay
01-18-2014, 06:06 PM
Even though I wanted to stop at 45 minutes, I did my full 60 minutes on the elliptical machine :)

MarleneV
01-18-2014, 06:44 PM
took a break from work & went for a motorcycle ride with DH. Stopped for a snack, got a diet Coke (real treat), and peanuts. Only ate 1/2 of the package of peanuts (130 calories). Said I might eat the rest tomorrow - DH said I was weird... but the 1/2 package was plenty.

MarleneV
01-18-2014, 06:46 PM
Even though I wanted to stop at 45 minutes, I did my full 60 minutes on the elliptical machine :)

I'm impressed... 25 minutes is where I stop.

Dakini
01-18-2014, 06:56 PM
I officially started my WW Points/exercise routine and STUCK TO IT. :cheer3: I feel very confident and empowered and optimistic.

FatAbbi
01-18-2014, 10:01 PM
Awesome!

Did rollers derby today. No wheat, no gluten. Good day in my world

EagleRiverDee
01-19-2014, 04:35 AM
Went out to dinner tonight at our normal Japanese place. Instead of my usual Americanized sushi (slathered in wasabi mayo and the like) I had a seafood dish that was very healthy. And- I didn't order dessert. :)

FatAbbi
01-19-2014, 12:47 PM
Great job :)

Chardonnay
01-19-2014, 05:00 PM
I'm impressed... 25 minutes is where I stop.

Thanks :) I try to do 60 minutes on my cardio days and 30-45 on my weight days, it helps boost my mood and curb depression :)

Sassyblonde
01-20-2014, 03:59 AM
I worked out today and yesterday even though I slipped on ice and fell squarely on my rear yesterday. Ouch! I guess I am glad it hurts to sit so I forced to stand! Lol

shr1nk1ngme
01-20-2014, 01:27 PM
My husband (who is an excellent cook) made a delightful quinoa pasta with three kinds of sauteed mushrooms & sauce for lunch at my mother-in-law's house yesterday. But ONE serving of the pasta has 45g of carbs. :(

I had a plain salad instead.

FatAbbi
01-20-2014, 11:18 PM
I didn't eat a bunch of food just to eat enough calories....

FatAbbi
01-21-2014, 10:48 PM
Bought the hubs hamburger an fries...got myself nothing. Amazing!

Chardonnay
01-22-2014, 03:57 PM
Today after 11 minutes on the elliptical, the fire alarm went off at the gym, the whole building was evacuated...you know, my first reaction wasn't "fire!" it was "damn $%^%##%, I won't get my workout today, this sucks"....so I left the gym with all the other sweaty women and got into my car with every intention to pout and eat my anger away when I got home.

But I matured a little on the ride home, lol...did a 45 minute yoga workout and had my yogurt.

I wonder why it was an "all or nothing" mindset.

MarleneV
01-23-2014, 12:57 AM
Abbi & Chardonnay,

Good job on great choices by both of you!:yay:

shr1nk1ngme
01-23-2014, 10:31 AM
Last night out of nowhere I decided to walk the two miles to my ladies' Bible study. I had to walk really fast, too, because I left late. It felt great! Sometimes having a hot drought in the middle of winter can be a good thing. It was positively balmy on my walk last night.

I wish the rains would come, though. My kale and chard is not liking this hot, sunny weather.

Sassyblonde
01-25-2014, 02:21 AM
I joined a gym this morning and worked out for one hour..it felt great! Can't wait to get back there!

FatAbbi
01-25-2014, 03:15 AM
Starving.... Fighting the urge to pig out....ugh.

FatAbbi
01-25-2014, 10:37 AM
Survived the night, whew! Lol breakfast is gonna taste great!

shr1nk1ngme
01-25-2014, 01:25 PM
Went out to eat for DH's birthday and ordered a Greek salad with no dressing rather than the 1500 calorie meal I really wanted. The salad was really delicious and afterwards I was SO GLAD I had stuck to my plan.:carrot:

FatAbbi
01-25-2014, 04:26 PM
Good job!

FatAbbi
01-26-2014, 08:31 PM
Gluten free waffle with Apple butter... Amazing.

Mrs Snark
01-27-2014, 02:28 PM
I have the hungries today. I am doing lots and lots of raw veggies. Not lots and lots of something junky.

BettyBooty
01-30-2014, 10:05 AM
I forgot to bring my lunch in today - it is sitting in the fridge at home - and started to dispair, but then I remembered I have a tuna packet and a bottle of Dijon here at work. I can make a decent lunch out of that, with a glass of V8 (also at work) and 3 cuties for a snack. No need to go to the sandwich shop and be tempted by the chips or cookies!

shr1nk1ngme
01-30-2014, 11:13 AM
Set my alarm 15 minutes early last night. Chose NOT to hit snooze this morning. Got up early and did a few minutes of abs exercises, arm weights and squats before I even had my coffee.

I could only do a small bit of abs work because I am still in SO much pain from the last time I did abs THREE DAYS AGO. But still, I did a little bit. Each time it will hurt less, until I get used to it and then I can increase my reps and add some more challenging stuff, eventually.

soon2beskinnyCarma
01-30-2014, 10:32 PM
I had exactly only one serving of the lemon crumb cake my sister in law brought and it was totally worth the 190 calories.

FatAbbi
01-31-2014, 05:02 PM
Gluten free pizza!!! AMAZING and I do not feel deprived knowing I can have such things <3

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-02-2014, 09:34 PM
Adjusting to my superbowl plan and staying within my calories. Stopped eating at 7pm. Go me. :carrot:

shr1nk1ngme
02-02-2014, 11:47 PM
Took my MIL shopping even though it takes her sooooo looooong to shop. 4 hours later...

Walked the dog with weights even though it was two hours later than usual and I didn't get finished until 9:45 PM.

Mrs Snark
02-03-2014, 10:23 AM
Walked the dogs in the rain. Then, got right on the treadmill and got my run done. I was feeling an attack of the lazies coming on but fought it off, yay!

FatAbbi
02-03-2014, 01:40 PM
I am feeling like I am non-stop hungry. The goal my fitness pal gave me to eat was 1200, and I have been barely under (like 15 calories under), is it possible I need more? I am afraid to eat more until I have a couple weeks with exact and true tracking via the fitness pal, but omg.... I AM SO HUNGRY.

Mrs Snark
02-03-2014, 02:37 PM
I can only answer from my personal experience, so your mileage may vary:

Hunger is the enemy. If I am hungry, I eat something HEALTHY, and I have done so from Day 1. Being hungry is a trigger for me, and being really, REALLY hungry and ignoring it has only ever led me to disaster.

There is no way I got fat because I ate a salad when I was truly hungry. Or an orange, or big serving of roasted veggies, or something else healthy. And that has proven to be true. I have no desire to spend my life starving, and in my humble, personal opinion, you don't have to live with that kind of hunger in order to lose weight (though it seems many people think you do).

kelijpa
02-03-2014, 10:42 PM
Abbi, MFP gives me 1340 a day, I might be under that 1 or 2 days on a really good week, I usually do some kind of exercise to get me some more calories... I started adding an egg in the morning with my breakfast cereal, usually either oatmeal or cream of wheat, because I was getting hungry. I bring fruits with me to work, an apple, orange and/or banana because I tend to make bad choices when hungry...best of luck to you :sunny:

my good choice today was sticking to my plan and getting in my exercise!

oh, while I was away for work I had access to a treadmill and was happier than happy to be able to jog for 30 minutes, didn't lose my jogging muscles riding the exercise bike this winter :D

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-03-2014, 10:54 PM
Not going for the Kit-kat and Reese's in the fridge. I will plan the piece of cheesecake my husband brought home for my meal tomorrow and exercise extra to cover the cheesecake.

Bindii
02-03-2014, 11:22 PM
I've thought I would try the app 7 Min work out yesterday.. the idea being that you work out a set routine by the app for 7 minutes - you can repeat the workout as many times if you want - but if you only have 7 minutes the workout is supposed to be a good one.
I have to say that I'm quite pleased that I only did the 7 minutes (which I might add nearly killed me) as today movement of any kind holds little appeal to me.. I feel like I've been run over by a bus. I think back to yesterday morning when - before I had actually started the 7 minute routine - I had a little righteous giggle to myself about how 7 minutes of exercise was unlikely to have any effect on me whatsoever.. it'll be easy I said.. it'll be fun I said. Famous last words. Today I think I'll be sticking to a short walk on the treadmill (which considering how I feel is probably a stretch) and sitting on the couch. Tomorrow I may attempt another 7 minute workout as it obviously did something.. :)

MarleneV
02-04-2014, 01:28 AM
Bindii, good job! When I started doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred video, I thought I would die. But I kept going back & doing it. So, now I'm on level 2 and its starting to get a bit easier. So, just keep doing that with your 7 Min work out, you'll get to the point where 1 set goes well, and then you can do 2, and so forth.

Mrs Snark
02-05-2014, 11:14 AM
I did squats every time the dogs stopped to pee during dog walks this morning. Just a little something extra for today.

Sassyblonde
02-06-2014, 03:18 AM
I had an almost completely vegetarian dinner. My husband was annoyed and said he was getting tired of all the green! Stir fry veggies with a few shrimp and a giant salad..I love eating green food and I was craving kale chips too. I happy that I crave kale chips and not tortilla chips! It's like my body is soooo happy to be nourished now with vitamins and veggies. It's a huge shift for me.

Bindii
02-06-2014, 05:41 AM
Bindii, good job! When I started doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred video, I thought I would die. But I kept going back & doing it. So, now I'm on level 2 and its starting to get a bit easier. So, just keep doing that with your 7 Min work out, you'll get to the point where 1 set goes well, and then you can do 2, and so forth.

That's good news! I've managed another workout (if 7 minutes constitutes a workout lol) and am not about to give up.. even if I feel like I'm walking around on someone else's legs.. :cool:

I did squats every time the dogs stopped to pee during dog walks this morning. Just a little something extra for today.

Just so long as the neighbours didn't think it was you watering the trees lol... :o

I had an almost completely vegetarian dinner. My husband was annoyed and said he was getting tired of all the green! Stir fry veggies with a few shrimp and a giant salad..I love eating green food and I was craving kale chips too. I happy that I crave kale chips and not tortilla chips! It's like my body is soooo happy to be nourished now with vitamins and veggies. It's a huge shift for me.

I've got to try these Kale chips.. there isn't anywhere around here that sells them and Kale has only in the last week or so started to appear in some of the stores.. I'll have to hunt down a recipe I think. :)

Mrs Snark
02-06-2014, 07:07 AM
Kale chips are soooo easy, even a non-cooking gork like me makes them frequently. Basically they just get roasted in the oven (you'll find tons of recipe for them online). I do the same treatment for Brussels sprouts and fresh green beans and they are equally yummy!

shr1nk1ngme
02-06-2014, 10:56 AM
Kale chips are soooo easy, even a non-cooking gork like me makes them frequently. Basically they just get roasted in the oven (you'll find tons of recipe for them online). I do the same treatment for Brussels sprouts and fresh green beans and they are equally yummy!

Do you peel/break up the Brussels Sprouts so they are like chips? And do you bake the green beans until they are crunchy? These sound soooo goood to me right now. I'mma make some this week. Brussels sprouts are in season right now. Mmmmmm

shr1nk1ngme
02-06-2014, 10:58 AM
Getting back to my squats this morning even though last time I did too many and I couldn't walk for two days. Note to self: dial back the squats a little, for now. But keep doing them!

FatAbbi
02-07-2014, 12:07 AM
Not stuffing my face because I didn't lose this week. I really wanted too.

Sassyblonde
02-07-2014, 03:07 AM
That's good news! I've managed another workout (if 7 minutes constitutes a workout lol) and am not about to give up.. even if I feel like I'm walking around on someone else's legs.. :cool:

Just so long as the neighbours didn't think it was you watering the trees lol... :o

I've got to try these Kale chips.. there isn't anywhere around here that sells them and Kale has only in the last week or so started to appear in some of the stores.. I'll have to hunt down a recipe I think. :)

Kale chips are very easy to make. I take a bag of kale-pre chopped pre-washed from Trader Joes or sometimes I just chop up my own. I spread on a baking sheet and spray with an olive oil spray or canola spray. Then I sprinkle it with sea salt and pepper and sometimes garlic powder. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes and then check for desired crispiness and toss. You just have to watch to make she you don't burn them. I like them on the crunchy side . Also just don't overdo the salt or other spices the chips shrink and then it's too salty or garlicky but experiment with it. I've hear kale chips are very very expensive to buy.

Pattience
02-07-2014, 03:12 AM
I just read the first page of this thread. That's enough. You guys are amazing. All being so good. I haven' trade any good choices today. But i haven't made any bad choices either and don't intend to.

Oh well i do make good choices every day but its routine now.

Oh yes the dogs love a walk. And dogs are great for motivating you to walk.

FatAbbi
02-11-2014, 02:46 PM
Still no loss, still no stuffing my face. Serious self control at this point.

Bindii
02-12-2014, 09:09 AM
Kale chips are very easy to make. I take a bag of kale-pre chopped pre-washed from Trader Joes or sometimes I just chop up my own. I spread on a baking sheet and spray with an olive oil spray or canola spray. Then I sprinkle it with sea salt and pepper and sometimes garlic powder. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes and then check for desired crispiness and toss. You just have to watch to make she you don't burn them. I like them on the crunchy side . Also just don't overdo the salt or other spices the chips shrink and then it's too salty or garlicky but experiment with it. I've hear kale chips are very very expensive to buy.

Thank you! I'll give them a try!

Still no loss, still no stuffing my face. Serious self control at this point.

Hang in there.. if you are sticking to a good eating and exercise plan than it has to work eventually. :)

And today I made some real progress, I've been chatting to my better half and he's agreed to eat a 'meal' plan - as in better food choices and portion sizes. He has always struggled with his weight but until now has not been keen on eating 'diet' food which meant that I had to prepare and cook separate meals (which of course rarely happened due to the extra work and expense involved). I feel that if we are both eating the same it will be so much easier for us to do this as a team. :carrot:

shr1nk1ngme
02-14-2014, 02:32 AM
Today I did not buy peanuts. I can't have them, even though they are healthy. I just eat too many of them and I can't control myself when they are around.

Also did not buy any Reddi Whip. I wanted some but I just can't have a little squirt of it on my sf jell-o. If it's in the house I WILL eat it, just like the peanuts.

Cattails
02-14-2014, 05:12 AM
Resisting the dozen delicious-looking donuts sitting on the dashboard of the car for an hour, even though I was starving!

MarleneV
02-14-2014, 09:18 AM
Cattails, I'm impressed. I haven't had a donut in 19 months because I completely avoid places where they might be, but if they were with me in the car, I think I'd have a hard time not eating one.

Cattails
02-15-2014, 07:33 PM
Marlene, surprisingly it wasn't that hard - I kept remembering how bleech they make me feel afterwards. Yesterday I had a teeny tiny taste of one and my reaction was "donuts are really kind of icky, aren't they?" Give me dark chocolate instead any day!

MarleneV
02-16-2014, 02:45 AM
I'm completely with you on the dark chocolate! Maybe the donuts wouldn't bother me... But I'm not tempting fate unnecessaryly.

Magicsusan
02-16-2014, 04:55 AM
:coffee2:

Did someone mention donuts?
They are my No. 1 weakness.
Good job there are no DDs or KKs in Switzerland!

Today, I made crepes. I had one small one, with a bit of black currant compote instead of Greyerzer cheese. :carrot:

BettyBooty
02-21-2014, 08:40 AM
I really wanted a bagel with globs of butter from Starbucks this morning, but since i left my giftcard at home, I just made coffee in my office and ate my 2 hard boiled eggs & apple. Good choice food-wise and money-wise.

Mrs Snark
02-21-2014, 02:35 PM
Checked in at 3FC (always a good idea!)!

I've been trying to break my computer habit and have been offline, but I miss checking 3fc. I'm making a new rule that I can check the forum once a week for now, it is too valuable to miss!

Zumbachica
02-26-2014, 08:22 PM
i ate low carb all day. For dinner had a lot of asparagus.

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-26-2014, 10:35 PM
Getting out of the kitchen and going for a walk instead.

kelijpa
02-26-2014, 10:50 PM
It was really yesterday, made myself do my exercises, which got me to do them again today, also said no to snacks yesterday or today, yippee, two days in a row.

FatAbbi
02-27-2014, 01:17 AM
Still using fitbit and myfitnesspal. I'm obsessed.

shr1nk1ngme
02-27-2014, 02:20 AM
Got my exercise done even though I was sooooo tired.

kelijpa
02-27-2014, 01:25 PM
Bindii that's great DH and I are eating same types of stuff, and it works so much better, I just make sure I don't eat as much of the same things as he does...usually...:D

Zumbachica
02-27-2014, 02:59 PM
i worked out with a DVD.

FatAbbi
02-28-2014, 01:06 AM
I got my steps and calories burned in.

Mrs Snark
03-04-2014, 08:13 PM
Enormous spinach salad with a blurp of guacamole. Very filling and I was feeling like a bottomless pit.

Cattails
03-05-2014, 05:53 AM
Went walking and bicycling instead of eating the entire house.

Zumbachica
03-05-2014, 09:13 PM
big salad with grilled chicken when i went out to lunch.

newleaf123
03-05-2014, 09:36 PM
1) checking in to say hi to you all!!

2) I contemplated buying a bag of potato chips to snack on when I was at the store today. But, I decided to walk away instead.

3) I made an awesome curried carrot parsnip soup today. Yum!

Mrs Snark
03-06-2014, 01:55 PM
Walked out of the grocery store without a single extra, unplanned purchase.

shr1nk1ngme
03-06-2014, 10:02 PM
Ate three extremely healthy, delicious meals today. Refused to further restrict my calories, preferring to choose healthy eating rather than starvation.

Having a few low-carb cookies and going for a C25K run after bible study tonight.

FatAbbi
03-07-2014, 01:09 AM
Did 2100 steps despite wanting too.

Bindii
03-07-2014, 01:16 AM
So this morning I was sitting on my fat butt contemplating what I was going to have for lunch, and I have to be honest here I wasn't thinking about a salad. While I was considering my future meal I logged into this thread and saw all of the awesome things that you guys have been doing.. working out to DVD's, not buying things you shouldn't be eating, eating healthy foods and exercising. You all put me to shame so much that I got off my butt, grabbed the dogs and took them to the local oval where I walked and jogged (yes jogged!!) my way around it for an hour. I then came home and had a lovely bowl of soup for lunch.

So I want to say a big thank you from me to you all! Keep on kicking butt and telling us about it because when you do you not only achieve your goals but you just may be helping someone else to achieve theirs too! :)

kelijpa
03-09-2014, 11:40 AM
Got up this morning and did my exercises, so I completed week 9 of my 12 week program this morning.

best to all :sunny:

FatAbbi
03-09-2014, 01:03 PM
Not eating non stop. Struggle this morning.

shr1nk1ngme
03-09-2014, 02:19 PM
Today I choose to have an excellent day. Period. :goodvibes

Mrs Snark
03-10-2014, 01:11 PM
Meditation instead of an extra slice of toast. I'm feeling stressed, must avoid food as comfort.

Waterbunny77
03-13-2014, 11:39 PM
Attending my meditation class this evening ;)

shr1nk1ngme
03-14-2014, 05:18 PM
I am going to be busy this evening when I usually walk so I went out at lunchtime for a power walk instead.

kelijpa
03-16-2014, 08:53 PM
Did my exercises and cardio, so completed week 10 of 12, wow, looks like I'm going to make it!

Paulitens
03-16-2014, 09:20 PM
Not give in to the chocolate and peanut butter cups my whole family was eating in front of me.

This is going to sound terrible but I can't wait till my in-laws go back home. My family's been eating crap right before my nose since they came.

Magicsusan
03-17-2014, 08:09 AM
Doesn't sound terrible, Paulitens. I totally understand you.

Instead of eating the leftover chocolate covered everythings from yesterday's family film afternoon for breakfast, packed them into two little snack boxes to give the kids for lunch and made myself a banana blueberry smoothie!

newleaf123
03-18-2014, 03:41 PM
Started a using an app that acts as a push-up trainer, to build up my strength.

kelijpa
03-25-2014, 03:01 PM
Made myself take my daily walk at work, knowing I'm going to the rail trail after work made me want to sit at my desk and read, I could feel my butt expanding :lol:

StephMar
03-25-2014, 04:53 PM
Not indulge in the peanut butter egg madness going around here in the office.

archychick
03-25-2014, 09:17 PM
Started entering my recipes for the whole week into my WW tracker. This will save time, especially during Tax Time, and thus help me keep on track since I won't be scrambling to figure points at the last minute while working, cooking and hungry! I have also started entering my portions for dinner into the tracker in the morning to help me better plan the day.

OK, two good choices I made today. :)

Mrs Snark
03-27-2014, 11:04 AM
We're having a cold spell, probably the last for a long time (I'm in Florida) so I ran with the dogs instead of walking them. They get so switched on when it is cold, they bounce around like maniacs. They are all pretty good little runners, my Westie managed to actually stay in front of me. She scampers really fast!

newleaf123
03-28-2014, 06:44 PM
Did my push-ups.

FatAbbi
03-29-2014, 12:59 AM
Did my steps

Pattience
03-29-2014, 01:22 AM
I haven't made any bad choices. All have been good. From getting out of bed to taking a break right now and my food.

kelijpa
03-30-2014, 07:21 PM
60 minutes on the exercise bike, haven't been making the best choices lately, but feeling a change in the wind, now if spring would only show up!

love2b150
03-30-2014, 11:27 PM
Going to the gym and getting my head right so I would stop snacking

FatAbbi
03-30-2014, 11:49 PM
No plans today = hungry all day. Did good, willpower stuck with me.

PumpkinField
03-30-2014, 11:56 PM
I journaled my food entries, grocery shopped for fresh fruit and veges and stayed below my calorie limit today. Although small after the past few days it seems huge!

Bindii
03-31-2014, 09:01 AM
I've walked 5 kms every day for a week. Even in the rain! :carrot:

shr1nk1ngme
04-01-2014, 12:19 PM
Went out to eat and had the miso soup instead of the gigantic hibachi stir-fry I wanted.

FatAbbi
04-01-2014, 10:23 PM
Did 2 30 min sessions on stairmachine since I didn't work.

Delececake
04-04-2014, 11:55 PM
Choose not to "taste" the peach pie and ate a half a piece of fruit for dessert instead. Also did not eat any bread today :)

FatAbbi
04-06-2014, 11:44 PM
Struggled to stay on track today. Did no wheat, no gluten, no fast food and no diet coke. But I did eat a package of peeps and 2 skinny vow fudge bars. Caloric intake was 1335. I did 3 sessions on stair machine. 45 mins and then two 30 mins.

Sufficiently tired and glad to see today close.

Shannonsnail
04-07-2014, 12:51 AM
Only ate two chips at the Mexican place at lunch....did some not so great things later in then day but trying to stay positive

love2b150
04-08-2014, 03:43 PM
woke up with the thoughts of eating OP and I am doing it ... after yesterday this is a victory

FatAbbi
04-08-2014, 04:15 PM
I knew we were going for lunch at work so I packed 200 less calories to eat in the morning :) Plan on getting 45 mins on the stairmachine tonight!

Yogini99
04-08-2014, 04:50 PM
Forced myself to workout this morning, and glad I did.

PumpkinField
04-12-2014, 01:55 PM
Work out! On my way to pool now.

shr1nk1ngme
04-12-2014, 05:46 PM
Spent the whole morning & early afternoon working, working, working around the house instead of sitting around. Feels great to have gotten so much done!
:carrot:

extremedieter
04-13-2014, 10:11 PM
Chose to do my exercise program, could easily have blown it off.
I know this is an old post but I just joined today. I wanted to say this is my new mantra. Thank you for posting this!

extremedieter
04-13-2014, 10:15 PM
Like I said, I'm new and i screwed up my first post :(
This is what I wanted to quote as my new mantra. I will memorize this and repeat it everyday.
"If I'm not willing to put in any more work, then I have to be satisfied with the results I've achieved. If I'm not satisfied with the results I've acheived I have to put in more work. -Kaplods

...as you eliminate the options that don't work, you can't help but eventually stumble upon what does. -Kaplods"

shr1nk1ngme
04-14-2014, 11:06 AM
Got out of bed to do yoga/stretching and my squats, even though I had hurt my back the day before and didn't feel like doing exercise. It helped!

Summersweety
04-14-2014, 02:20 PM
Not eating the crusts I had to cut off a grilled cheese sandwich!

FatAbbi
04-14-2014, 02:50 PM
Today I go back to high intensity exercise. 2 years ago when I was 30 lbs heavier I was doing Krav Maga (its hand to hand combat training). I loved it, but it was a bit costly so after a year I had to stop. This weekend I attended one of their yearly events as I do every year and they offered me a lifetime membership, free! I will be trained to be a couch or trainer. I am so very excited!! Scared as well, but more excited. I will be doing at least 3 hours of intense excercise each week (1 hr, 3 x a week). I will probably take a break from weigh in only because in the past I have gained once I began exercising and then I stop doing it all together. The body is a mean little machine at times.

Summersweety
04-14-2014, 02:54 PM
Wow! Lucky for you! Have fun and Good Luck!

Mrs Snark
04-14-2014, 06:23 PM
Very exciting, Abbi!

FatAbbi
04-15-2014, 01:14 AM
Three days a week starts tomorrow :):) I'm so excited!!!

shr1nk1ngme
04-19-2014, 06:49 PM
Cooked ahead for Easter - lasagna - and haven't sampled ANY of it. :carrot:

Streudel
04-19-2014, 09:27 PM
Had a girl's day out with the kiddo. We picked Panera Bread for dinner. They put the calorie counts on the menu, so I went for the lowest calorie choices I could make and shared the roll that came with the salad with the young 'un. I also had unsweetened tea.

Go me! :carrot:

Mrs Snark
04-25-2014, 02:27 PM
Poured out the sugar we had in the house. So no more sugar in the coffee (I can't imagine why I let that creep in there, what a terrible idea).

FatAbbi
04-25-2014, 03:41 PM
I gave up diet soda for Lent. Lent is over, and I still have not had any diet soda.

I AM SHOCKED.

Bindii
04-26-2014, 09:14 PM
I had to buy sugar recently Mrs Snark as we had houseguests and I realised that I had no real sugar for their coffee.. to be honest I was quite pleased to know that I never missed having it in the house. :)

And well done Abbi! I haven't quite gone so far as to totally cut out the diet soda yet.. but I'm working on it.

And my proud moment today was completing day one of the 30 day shred.. I just know that moving tomorrow is going to be painful but I suspect that I'll still be smiling as a couple of months ago there would have been no way that I would have even thought about doing it botherless actually doing it. My shin splints gave me **** throughout it so I'm praying that's not going to be an issue for me.

FatAbbi
04-26-2014, 11:05 PM
Two week of tue, thurs, sat intense workouts. Today did 2 classes because I had no plans. Tomorrow I will be soooore.

Mrs Snark
04-27-2014, 03:07 PM
Good job on the work outs ladies, very inspirational!

Today I will do some extra squats in your honor!

Shannonsnail
04-27-2014, 06:01 PM
Got back on plan after bad eating Fri night and Saturday

Mrs Snark
04-28-2014, 09:27 AM
Extra long dog walks this morning.

FatAbbi
04-29-2014, 06:05 PM
Lunch options were: Cookies, bagel, donuts, bacon....

I had 4 slices of bacon. Avoided wheat, gluten and soda.

BAM.

Taking bag class at 6pm today.

Mrs Snark
05-01-2014, 10:19 AM
Fresh grapefruit sections instead of a second slice of toast, very tasty and adds to the variety of breakfast.

WeightGoingDown
05-01-2014, 07:14 PM
. . . post on this forum about jealous people. It's been bothering me. I feel like I have a new perspective on dealing with jealous people.

FatAbbi
05-02-2014, 12:19 AM
What?

berryblondeboys
05-02-2014, 12:27 AM
Put my body media fit thingee on and because of it I was more motivated to take a walk this evening.

Mrs Snark
05-06-2014, 11:38 AM
Good job Anne!!! Mmm fruit!

I am currently baking sweet potatoes (this counts as MAJOR cooking for me!).

sw49a
05-06-2014, 12:05 PM
I love this thread!! I am new on this and think it is a brilliant life strategy as well as weightloss specific. My good choice today was to do 30mins yoga.

CaityCait88
05-06-2014, 01:15 PM
I made sure to pack my lunch and bring my work out clothes with me so I can go straight to that gym after work! (Also, worked out last night for the first time in months!!)

Mrs Snark
05-08-2014, 08:48 PM
Lots of incline on the treadmill.

Shannonsnail
05-08-2014, 09:11 PM
Not eating the muffins at the preschool event this morning

FatAbbi
05-09-2014, 12:38 AM
I craved candy. I ate fish and veggies instead.

shr1nk1ngme
05-09-2014, 10:35 AM
Strawberry shortcake was served.

I had sliced strawberries with a tiny squirt of fat free whipped topping (20 calories), with NO POUND CAKE!

Oh, and crudites (veggies) with a tablespoon of ranch dip.

:carrot:

Streudel
05-11-2014, 12:18 PM
DD and I spent the day in NYC yesterday for her birthday. I packed a healthy picnic lunch and what we did eat out was all healthy choices like salads, yogurts, and chicken wraps. We even went to Starbucks and I ordered water instead of the usual " dessert in a cup coffee " :carrot:

Mrs Snark
05-30-2014, 03:00 PM
Planning ahead in order to limit (somewhat) off-plan eating...

Mrs Snark
06-02-2014, 06:02 PM
Treadmill Incline 6. Walking, though, not running.

Cattails
06-02-2014, 08:02 PM
Ignored the bag of Fritos sitting next to me in the truck, even when left alone with it!

Mrs Snark
06-02-2014, 08:14 PM
Ignored the bag of Fritos sitting next to me in the truck, even when left alone with it!

The Force is strong with this one.

;)

Mrs Snark
06-03-2014, 09:09 AM
Extra long dog walks since it was breezy. With summer upon us I've got take advantage for ANY tiny bit of nice weather we get!

Mrs Snark
06-04-2014, 01:23 PM
Where are all my good decision makers, eh? Get in here and brag!

Today's good decision: Taboule.

yoyoma
06-04-2014, 01:35 PM
After a late night (DD prom), bad sleep (dog/weather), and early rising, I skipped this morning's planned activity and went back to bed for more shut-eye!