Old 08-06-2013, 05:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 350/350/175

Height: 5'6

Default new here: taking back control.

I have never joined anything like this before, but I need somebody to talk to that understands how I feel.

I am 24 years old and weigh 350 pounds. I honestly don't know how I got to this point. I hurt all the time. I have no energy to play with my daughter. When I lay down I can hardly breathe. Before I got pregnant my max weight was 180. I am taking back control of my body. I want to feel good again and be there for my child. She is my motivation. My daughter is what is going to push me to get healthy. I would love advise and support.

Thanks,
Niki
niki2509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/265/160

Height: 5'4"

Welcome, Niki! That is an awesome reason to want to lose weight and, more importantly, get healthy! My son is a big reason behind my re-dedicating myself to my own health recently. I know that your daughter will appreciate the gift of your health when she gets older, so kudos to you!
KaseyMack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 450/See Tracker/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome and congrats on deciding to take back control. It will be a rough road, but remember that you can always come here for support.

R.
RavenIllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #4  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

You can do this, Niki!

Have you been to a doctor to evaluate things that might be affecting your weight gain/loss? Or to evaluate your shortness of breath when you lay down? It's important to make sure you're dealing with medical issues the best you can, not just wait and see if weight loss will take care of them.

Have you decided on a plan for eating or exercise?

Many of us find that at our highest weight we have to start with baby steps. Any exercise is better than no exercise; any healthy changes in eating habits are good.

You can do this!
Vortex_VVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 317/309/175

Height: 5'5"

Hi Niki, I'm new here as well, and in the same boat. I'm so tired of being in pain from the extra weight, and I'm ready to do what I need to in order to change my body. I want to be around for my daughters, and a big part of my motivation to change is this forum and being able to have the support from others here who know what this is like. Congratulations on taking these steps to get healthy, I think it takes a lot of courage.
Ruthie142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #6  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Yoo-hoo.. Niki, are you still here?
Vortex_VVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 325/326/160

Height: 6'2"

Nikki happy to have you here.
musicalchick is offline   Reply With Quote