Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 06:34 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 8/5/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 08-05-2013, 08:49 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Congrats Lisa on the scale victory. That little reboot really worked for you. I hope that gave you the boost you need for those last few.....
Old 08-05-2013, 09:20 AM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone. I usually get weighed in at 9:45 Saturday mornings and because of work I could not go. So I have an appointment today at 2:30...in the afternoon!!!! Argggg!!!! I know I am obsessing a little but boy I am not happy that its in the afternoon. This is the "mind" crap I really have to work on. It's amazing how got up in this I can get.

Ok on a better note everyone have a great OP day!
Old 08-05-2013, 09:24 AM   #4  
IPALT-P1:5/20 P2:11/1

S/C/G: 219/149.2/135

Height: 5'5 1/2"

*sigh* not sure this weekend was a success for me. Although i'm down, I had a mishap. Saturday I was finally out of the 180's. I hit 179.6 and was so excited! then I got extremely lightheaded and dizzy. I drank my protein shake, thinking that would help me feel right. it didn't. the dizziness lasted for over 2 hours. I did some googling and read that sugar would help ease the dizziness, so I had my boyfriend go to the store & get me a small bottle of apple juice :/ I drank it, and felt better, but I also felt guilty bc of all of the sugar and carbs I had. so as of yesterday, and still today, im back at 180. I'm hoping if I keep 100% OP again, i'll get it out of my system by tomorrow and i'll start seeing the scale move again. Makes me sad, but I was so miserable, I didn't know what else to do. Hope everyone else's weekend went much better than mine!!
Old 08-05-2013, 09:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/125

Lisa I took your advice and weighed in today instead of yesterday on my friend's scale. Down another 1.6 lbs for a total in three weeks of 10.6 lbs and 9 inches. Making some changes this week. No more or at least much less WF dressing. Gonna use my olive oil and spices on salads. Also I was doing alternative pancakes every day and I am going back to alternating with omelettes using eggs and egg whites. Still hoping to get three runs in this week and maybe start some ab workouts. Weird, but actually kind of enjoying this now lol. I never tried any kind of sausage before and although it is processed, it is all natural and quite delicious lol.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #6  

theEguarantee:Always try salt first. You can just shake some in your palm and lick it. IP is very dehydrating

Move forward & don't dwell on the past. What's done is done

If the salt doesn't help next time, make a dr appt to make sure all is well
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balanced Life View Post
Lisa I took your advice and weighed in today instead of yesterday on my friend's scale. Down another 1.6 lbs for a total in three weeks of 10.6 lbs and 9 inches. Making some changes this week. No more or at least much less WF dressing. Gonna use my olive oil and spices on salads. Also I was doing alternative pancakes every day and I am going back to alternating with omelettes using eggs and egg whites. Still hoping to get three runs in this week and maybe start some ab workouts. Weird, but actually kind of enjoying this now lol. I never tried any kind of sausage before and although it is processed, it is all natural and quite delicious lol.
I'd eliminate sausage too. It isn't an approved IP meat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Congrats Lisa on the scale victory. That little reboot really worked for you. I hope that gave you the boost you need for those last few.....
Me too!!!

Last edited by lisa32989; 08-05-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEguarantee View Post
*sigh* not sure this weekend was a success for me. Although i'm down, I had a mishap. Saturday I was finally out of the 180's. I hit 179.6 and was so excited! then I got extremely lightheaded and dizzy. I drank my protein shake, thinking that would help me feel right. it didn't. the dizziness lasted for over 2 hours. I did some googling and read that sugar would help ease the dizziness, so I had my boyfriend go to the store & get me a small bottle of apple juice :/ I drank it, and felt better, but I also felt guilty bc of all of the sugar and carbs I had. so as of yesterday, and still today, im back at 180. I'm hoping if I keep 100% OP again, i'll get it out of my system by tomorrow and i'll start seeing the scale move again. Makes me sad, but I was so miserable, I didn't know what else to do. Hope everyone else's weekend went much better than mine!!
First of all don't beat yourself up. It's ok. Second, next time try sodium in water or try an electrolyte tablet in water. There are many brands out there that are IP compatible. I use a product called Nuun. Then there is something called Fizz which is a hammer product. I can get Nuun right in the grocery store. On mornings when I feel dizzy upon waking, I put one tablet in my 24oz water cup and drink it first thing. It definitely helps. Also make sure you are taking the vitamins and supplements. Drops in potassium and magnesium can cause dizziness. Hang in there and feel better!
Old 08-05-2013, 09:33 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Don't beat yourself up.. But try a few oz of protein instead nxt time. Two days in a row last week I was headache ridden and not feeling good after arriving at my daughter's. She has 2 babies and I can not be unsteady on my feet or not feeling 100 %.. I added some extra protein each day since arriving....in the way of an Atkins bar which I have NEVER done in the 6 plus months on this program. I felt better quickly..and according to her scale have lost almost 3 lbs since arriving.

Last edited by 65X65; 08-05-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:35 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
theEguarantee:Always try salt first. You can just shake some in your palm and lick it. IP is very dehydrating

Move forward & don't dwell on the past. What's done is done

If the salt doesn't help next time, make a dr appt to make sure all is well

I'd eliminate sausage too. It isn't an approved IP meat.

Me too!!!
Hi Lisa,

The ingredients in the sausage are skinless chicken, water, spinach, garlic, sea salt, fennel seed and pepper. The stats for one link are 70 cals with 20 from fat, 1 g carbs and 12 G protein. I struggle to see why this isn't acceptable and I've lost weight since starting to eat them so unless I see some other negative, I am going to keep eating it as a protein source. Thanks!
Old 08-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balanced Life View Post
Hi Lisa,

The ingredients in the sausage are skinless chicken, water, spinach, garlic, sea salt, fennel seed and pepper. The stats for one link are 70 cals with 20 from fat, 1 g carbs and 12 G protein. I struggle to see why this isn't acceptable and I've lost weight since starting to eat them so unless I see some other negative, I am going to keep eating it as a protein source. Thanks!
I was just filling you in that sausage isn't an IP approved meat.
It is due to the fat content.

Compare the chicken sausage to plain chicken for the same number of oz.
Chicken fat is part of "skinless chicken"

We can ALWAYS eat whatever we want. Since you were listing changes you were planning, presumably to attempt to increase weight loss, the sausage would be one of the things to cut in that scenario.

There are many healthy options that are not IP approved. I'm constantly explaining to people why I'm not eating something they perceive to be healthy (avacado, for example). I'll definitely have those items in maintenance, using portion control.

If I choose to eat something off-plan, I'm not 100%. Who knows what the scale COULD have shown had I remained 100%?
Old 08-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Monday, everyone! It's a brand new week - let's make it a great one!

I am still going strong and feeling good. I have rings that were too tight that fit now and I am starting to see a difference in some of my pants! I have two pairs of capris that are now too loose to wear (but I still have many that are still too tight, so now I am working on fitting those better)!

Quote:
Well, if you were down, then I would say that it was a good week. Put the mishap behind you and carry on! I found that I need two potassium tablets (instead of one) per day in order not to feel dizzy. The salt is a good idea too. That said, the last time around, I had to phase off a bit sooner than I wanted too because I was repeatedly getting sick, so bad that I had to leave work and could not ride a bus home (headache, nausea, dizziness, etc.). If it keeps up, get a check-up or maybe it's time to try out the next phase for a little while - you can still lose weight in phases II and III.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthayer View Post
Good morning everyone. I usually get weighed in at 9:45 Saturday mornings and because of work I could not go. So I have an appointment today at 2:30...in the afternoon!!!! Argggg!!!! I know I am obsessing a little but boy I am not happy that its in the afternoon. This is the "mind" crap I really have to work on. It's amazing how got up in this I can get.

Ok on a better note everyone have a great OP day!
Maybe you can weigh this afternoon and then again, tomorrow morning (on a different scale if you have to) and take the better of the two? ...or skip a week... Good luck!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 08-05-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 181.8/goal weight 135

Height: 4'10

My wi day is on Thursday by Sunday I am going crazy thinking I'm not losing weight. This morning I took the batteries out of my scale. Every time I passed it I weighed myself. The biggest problem I am having is eating all the food. Because of the Big C I make sure I am eating the veggies. I also split the 8 oz of protein with lunch and dinner.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #13  
Started IP 6/14/2013

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Height: 5'8"

happy monday funday!

today's awesomeness so far:
-most of the clothes in my closet are getting too big
-i hit 170 this morning! sooo close to the 160s i can taste it!
-wedding is 61 days away
-purchased my wedding dress last week and now i'm thinking i will need an amazing seamstress

Old 08-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #14  
I did it!

S/C/G: 152.8/129/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasunshine View Post
happy monday funday!

-wedding is 61 days away
-purchased my wedding dress last week and now i'm thinking i will need an amazing seamstress

Congrats on all of the points above! Keep it up! I look forward to watching your progress over the next few weeks!
Old 08-05-2013, 12:19 PM   #15  
IP Start: 7/11/13

S/C/G: 214.6/ticker/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondamarie View Post
My wi day is on Thursday by Sunday I am going crazy thinking I'm not losing weight. This morning I took the batteries out of my scale. Every time I passed it I weighed myself. The biggest problem I am having is eating all the food. Because of the Big C I make sure I am eating the veggies. I also split the 8 oz of protein with lunch and dinner.
Ugh I feel your pain rhondamarie, my WI is Thursday too, and I have the same issue with weighing myself on Sundays. I'm feeling like I'm doing something wrong even though I have been 100% OP. Must be all the crazy food dreams. I may have to just put my scale away so I don't see it; mine's not battery operated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasunshine View Post
happy monday funday!

-wedding is 61 days away

floridasunshine, that is awesome! Congrats on everything!
Closed Thread