Depression and Weight Issues - August Chat

View Full Version : August Chat

VermontMom
08-04-2013, 06:01 AM
Hello friends!! again, so sorry I've been absent. But I think of you all alot (especially when i look at the computer on my way by, lol) Been doing very well in my mind, not so good with diet and exercise, ugh, but I plug along. August is our busiest month at work so there's that, plus in summer I'm just either on the bike, or cutting the grass, or catching up with housework :devil: but HELLO to everyone :hug::hug:

coffeeshopgirl
08-04-2013, 08:56 AM
Hi VT Mom - Thanks for starting the August chat!

I've been bad this weekend because it's my husband's birthday, so i decided to celebrate with a few glasses of wine. It was worth it though, and I'll try to eat better at our cookout today, but I'm not promising myself anything. Realistically, I'll get back to it on Monday.

You gotta live a little, right?

How's everyone's weekend going?

ShyHeather
08-05-2013, 12:58 AM
Hope you don't mind my joining in. It's been a rough weekend for me. Facebook has sent me reeling with all the pictures and status updates on babies. I ended up throwing myself a bit of a pity-party this weekend, crying on and off and dealing with TOM to top it off.

Back to reality tomorrow, and back to the gym and eating healthy.

You're definitely right though, August is a busy, busy, month!

coffeeshopgirl
08-05-2013, 09:17 PM
I hear ya with the FB posts about babies. They're all over my Facebook as well - everyone's having them! Not me though...which is ok for now.

TOM - I'm with you there too. I hate the number I'm seeing on the scale, but I know it's only for another week or so. I still made myself work out tonight - yay! I did two rounds of a circuit workout that consisted of mostly lifting.

So, I want chocolate, but I might just settle for a nap.

Happy Monday! :)

seabiscuit
08-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Hey there!

I missed all of you, I stopped posting here because I saw a warning message on my Google browser about this site, I emailed an admin about it. I love this site and I really enjoy the support here.

I think I am going to try South Beach Diet, I have heard great things about it and I took the book on it out of my local library. I posted in the SBD forum, I would love to get some feedback from others on SBD.

Take care everyone, it is great to see all of you!

Amy

Moreta
08-09-2013, 09:01 PM
I've been having a rough time lately with emotional outbursts. I saw my psych yesterday and he put me on Latuda. Didn't take me off anything, so now I'm taking Lamictal, Tegretol, Geodon, Seroquel, and Latuda. I think that's a bit much, but we're going to reevaluate in a month, and see if I can come off the Geodon.

Hope everyone is well and that y'all have a good weekend.

coffeeshopgirl
08-10-2013, 11:43 AM
Hi Seabiscuit - Good luck with the South Beach Diet! I've had some friends who tried it and had good results from it. Let us know how it goes :)

Hi Moreta - Sorry you've been having a rough time lately. I hope the new med works out for you and that you get to come off the Geodon too. Are you doing any exercise? Walking or yoga may be helpful calming techniques.

As for me, we are heading out of town for the weekend to visit a friend. Have a good weekend everyone!

ohiofreespirit
08-10-2013, 07:37 PM
Hello everyone. I have been gone for a while. My weight is awful, I feel like a cow. I am waiting one some money to come in and I am buying myself a bicycle. I want to get some of this weight off, I need to get some of this weight off. I just feel so heavy.

Other than that, everything is going really well. I am taking classes online and they are going really well. I am enjoying them and my grades are pretty good.

I hope you all are ok. I will come back more often I promise.

ohiofreespirit
08-11-2013, 11:24 AM
Happy Sunday, friends. I hope you have a great day. I am going to enjoy my last day of freedom before I head back to work tomorrow.

I am going to watch my Nascar race today and some preseason football. I also need to do some laundry for tomorrow.

Have a wonderful day, ladies.

LovelyLeah
08-12-2013, 06:47 AM
I'm really struggling. I have barely slept in the past 4 days and that makes me more vulnerable to depression and anxiety. Right now I'm just trying to distract myself and hopefully soon I can go back to bed and sneak in a little more sleep. I've been waking up every hour from nightmares. After I wake up I'm up for another half hour until I slide into another nightmare and wake up again. Around 4am this morning I just decided to get up and do something rather than wait around for the next nightmare. But I am also so dang exhausted!

ShyHeather
08-12-2013, 05:34 PM
@ Lovelyleah, have you written down your nightmares in a journal or a private blog?? Sometimes that seems to help. Hopefully you were able to overcome your nightmares and find catch some Zzzz's.

As for me, I am starting to think the weekends this month are becoming my worst enemy. I had another breakdown on Saturday. I wept a good hour, and just ate like no tomorrow. I ended up talking to my fiancÚ and telling him how lonely I felt, and how I felt like everyone was blowing me off and that I missed my family (they live in WV, I'm in NV).

This coming weekend I have him with me, so maybe I will do better? Today I haven't blogged my food but am eating pretty sensibly, and just mentally gearing up for the gym tonight. :p

momof4under5
08-16-2013, 10:42 PM
We made it to Pa but we are having to live with my parents. No matter what I do either my parents or dh is telling me its wrong. we are working on a house to live in (my paps old house) but its taking a lot of work. My mom called me a pig and she treats the kids in her house sooo mean I cant stand it listening to it from the time we get up till the time we go to bed. I am sitting here with tears in my eyes. Feel like crying every day all day, just want to sleep and eat my feelings away....i havent been in this hard of a place in my life in a long long time....considered even running away...but i would never do that to my babies I love them toooooo much!! They are the only thing helping me right now....sorry its so down...but i am a mess.....for the last 3 years i have had very little bouts of depression but this one i am fighting is a bad one!!! :(

ohiofreespirit
08-17-2013, 07:18 PM
momof4under5, I am so sorry you are going through such a difficult time. I wish I could help you some how. Why does your mom act like that? Can you talk to her about it? If not, I wish you strength and peace. I will say a prayer for you.

ohiofreespirit
08-17-2013, 07:21 PM
I too, am having a really hard time. I can't really go into it, I made some mistakes financially having to do with my house and now I am paying for it. Please please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I really need them right now. I am praying constantly for strength to keep focused and not lose it. I just want to fall apart right now, it would be so easy to just give up.

momof4under5
08-17-2013, 11:23 PM
She is retirement age almost and adopted several foster kids she had. The last set of three she was kinda of guilted into...she cared for them but orginally said no to the adoption and they said the kids would be split up...anyways in the 14 months we were living in washington she has gotten way worse with her ocd and is completely controlling....they cant even lay down under the shade tree outside (she MAKES them stay outside and play because its nice out) I had to remind her they were just enjoying the shade...and she left it go. (she was going to make the kid come in and go to bed). I think she is kinda of resenting the kids that she cant just be free and enjoy her older years. I dont know I have tried to mention things and she just denys it, makes excuses or blames her actions on someone else. I am going to talk to my dad because he might be able to help but havent had any time to do so...

I know what financial issues are like....made a lot of mistakes in the past and have had to deal with the issues. It does get better but sometimes it takes away!!! Will be praying things get better for yoU!!

seabiscuit
08-19-2013, 10:39 PM
Hi, I hope that people here feel stronger and have some better days, it sounds like a lot of us are struggling.

As for me, I am excited because I just moved further into town, in the center of everything, which is fun and convenient. I still have to get some items from my old apartment to my new apartment and I need to get ride of some furniture soon. Moving can be great but it can be such a big upheaval.

I feel a bit frustrated about some medical issues, they never seem to end for me. I am fortunate that I have good doctors who accept my insurance but that may change due to the government as far as which docs and hospitals will accept it.

Sigh, I am going to go rest. I am sleepy and in pain with my Fibromyalgia.

Good night.

VermontMom
08-21-2013, 07:47 AM
Hello friends, first I am so glad to see momof4 but I'm so sorry that you are in your current situation, I hope you can make the move to the other house soon to get out of the strife at your mom's!

Moreta, wow those are alot of meds, I hope they are helping you.

Ohio, good to see you too :hug: I am keeping you in my thoughts!!

Coffeeshopgirl
yay to you for your lifting!! and did you settle for a nap instead of chocolate :D

Hi Seabiscuit, yes I have had success with SB, as long as I stick to it! For me to follow it, I really have to be focuses especially the first two weeks, but I liked it because I love eggs, veggies, beans, chicken..I have to say that my cravings never completely disappeared as 'they' claim though. But it is a healthy way of eating and easy to pack food for work. Just hard for me to follow as my DH has whatever he wants at home.

LovelyLeah so sorry to hear of those nightmares! is that getting better yet?

ShyHeather, nice to meet you :) I'm sorry that the FB postings got you down, just remember that everyone has something they struggle with and some feel the need to portray themselves as perfect, when they aren't. I hope you had a good, in-control weekend with your fiance.

I know I have gained weight (ignore my ticker!!) because I have almost completely stopped exercising, remember when I did almost every day consistently?? Well my schedule has changed, I have to go into work almost 2 hours earlier, so that zaps my exercise time. And I have ONE HALF a day off a week now!!

I just CANT work out after work, I'm too zapped from work and its too warm. And I have been eating more, so no exercise + more food = more Holly :p I'm not too badly down about it ... yet. Because I still love summer and my motorcycle.

I am sorry that I have been SO absent from here and I always say this but I do think of you all! :hug:

seabiscuit
08-23-2013, 12:34 PM
Hi Holly,

It's always good to see you around! ;)

I was going to do South Beach but I decided to restart Medifast. I had success with it some years ago so I think that may work for me.

Today, I am a little nervous. I am seeing a podiatrist about my ankles, I have issues with them for years. It doesn't seem like they improve, I may see a foot and ankle surgeon soon, we'll see.

Well, I hope everyone has a great start to the weekend. :)

Take care!!!

Amy

coffeeshopgirl
08-23-2013, 08:29 PM
Hi everyone! Hope your week went well.

Just wanted to check in.

...I've been soooo bad lately. I have to go into work tomorrow, so I'm not sure how good i will be if i can't use the weekend to reset.

I'll check in again soon. My body is telling me to reset (and that I cannot do meal prep with a pasta dish!)

Lesson learned, lol. It was really good lasagna though, even if I feel like a mac truck when I walk haha.

Be back soon with a healthier update ;)

Fionnin
08-25-2013, 04:26 PM
Hi everyone, I know I don't know the in and outs of everyone's circumstances but I just want send my thoughts and prayers to everyone who is struggling with anything just now. I will say a prayer to ask god to lift everyone up and hold you close. May god bless you and keep you x

seabiscuit
08-26-2013, 12:29 PM
Fionnin,

Thank you so much for your kind words and prayers. :) How are you doing?

I am doing okay, I am trying to arrange to get the CAT Scan of my ankle so I can meet with the ankle surgeon on Friday. I'm hoping to get the surgery in January or around that time period because I do a lot of traveling during the holidays and that would be a quietier time.

Sigh, I am tired, I have been tired a lot lately, I think it because of my moving and I have a lot on my mind.

Take care everyone.

Amy

coffeeshopgirl
08-26-2013, 08:07 PM
Hi everyone - Happy Monday?!

I promised a healthier update, and here it is! I decided to battle last week's pasta coma with chicken salads for lunch this week with veggies (cucumbers, carrot sticks, and zucchini) with hummus for a snack. Oatmeal for breakfast and I only had ONE cup of coffee today. I had a lot of water - yay me! I came home and had some chips and salsa, grapes, and two homemade enchiladas (they're medium sized, about 200 cals each).

I haven't been home too long (really long day at work), so i'm not sure if a workout will happen tonight. We shall see.

Hope everyone is doing well!

seabiscuit
08-28-2013, 07:31 PM
Hi everyone...

Coffeeshopgirl- :D Way to go!! It sounds like you are doing a GREAT JOB, yay!! I hope that you continue to do well and have a great Labor Day Weekend.

I feel a bit bittersweet, I have had a lot on my mind with moving, needing surgery soon, and some other things raising the hairs on the back of my neck. I was going to go see family this weekend for Labor Day, but to be honest, I have been so fatigued with the move that I may just want to stay here and relax. I live in PA and my family lives in NY, the entire trip would take about three hours each way. I would really love to see my family but I am thinking that I might enjoy some R and R here, maybe I will go to see a movie alone if I can't find a friend to go with me.

Today was one of those days that I hope doesn't happen again, except for the few good tidbits. It was raining very hard here so obviously I got wet even with my great new umbrella. Then, I went to see a doctor and the medical assistant announced my weight to me right after I said that I didn't want to know my weight!!! :mad: I was so angry, almost furious, especially after she continued to be annoying and rude. Sigh, I am glad that the visit is over and I am so frustrated that I am as heavy as that scale says I am. :( I ordered some Medifast products and I am not exactly doing the 5-1 plan but I am trying to use some of their meals to snack on instead of having something unhealthy. I'm not sure, I have been rethinking what the best method of weight loss is for me.

I also feel frustrated because my therapist has been absent a lot, so being as fed up as I am, I have started searching for a new therapist. It upsets me that it has come to this because I like my therapist but when I have needed her lately, she hasn't been there. I have been in therapy for so many years that I think I have become a bit dependent on therapy and I don't think that is very healthy. I need to find other ways of dealing with my issues and situations that arise other than relying upon a therapist.

I have a lot on my mind, I hope that things will settle down soon.

Take care.

Amy

ohiofreespirit
08-31-2013, 09:02 PM
Hello everyone.

Sorry I haven't been around. I also haven't weighed myself either so I have no clue how I am doing weight wise.

I have so much going on here. Lots to tackle, so much stress, hopefully it won't last too much longer. I am praying that things work out for me. If they don't, I could hit rock bottom and I really don't want to do that.

I truly hope you all are well.