Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-04-2013, 06:01 AM   #1  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default August Chat

Hello friends!! again, so sorry I've been absent. But I think of you all alot (especially when i look at the computer on my way by, lol) Been doing very well in my mind, not so good with diet and exercise, ugh, but I plug along. August is our busiest month at work so there's that, plus in summer I'm just either on the bike, or cutting the grass, or catching up with housework but HELLO to everyone
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Hi VT Mom - Thanks for starting the August chat!

I've been bad this weekend because it's my husband's birthday, so i decided to celebrate with a few glasses of wine. It was worth it though, and I'll try to eat better at our cookout today, but I'm not promising myself anything. Realistically, I'll get back to it on Monday.

You gotta live a little, right?

How's everyone's weekend going?
coffeeshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 323/Weight Tracker/150

Height: 5'6"

Hope you don't mind my joining in. It's been a rough weekend for me. Facebook has sent me reeling with all the pictures and status updates on babies. I ended up throwing myself a bit of a pity-party this weekend, crying on and off and dealing with TOM to top it off.

Back to reality tomorrow, and back to the gym and eating healthy.

You're definitely right though, August is a busy, busy, month!
ShyHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #4  

I hear ya with the FB posts about babies. They're all over my Facebook as well - everyone's having them! Not me though...which is ok for now.

TOM - I'm with you there too. I hate the number I'm seeing on the scale, but I know it's only for another week or so. I still made myself work out tonight - yay! I did two rounds of a circuit workout that consisted of mostly lifting.

So, I want chocolate, but I might just settle for a nap.

Happy Monday!
Old 08-06-2013, 10:48 PM   #5  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Talking Hey!

Hey there!

I missed all of you, I stopped posting here because I saw a warning message on my Google browser about this site, I emailed an admin about it. I love this site and I really enjoy the support here.

I think I am going to try South Beach Diet, I have heard great things about it and I took the book on it out of my local library. I posted in the SBD forum, I would love to get some feedback from others on SBD.

Take care everyone, it is great to see all of you!

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 315/210/160

Height: 5'8"

I've been having a rough time lately with emotional outbursts. I saw my psych yesterday and he put me on Latuda. Didn't take me off anything, so now I'm taking Lamictal, Tegretol, Geodon, Seroquel, and Latuda. I think that's a bit much, but we're going to reevaluate in a month, and see if I can come off the Geodon.

Hope everyone is well and that y'all have a good weekend.
Moreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:43 AM   #7  

Hi Seabiscuit - Good luck with the South Beach Diet! I've had some friends who tried it and had good results from it. Let us know how it goes

Hi Moreta - Sorry you've been having a rough time lately. I hope the new med works out for you and that you get to come off the Geodon too. Are you doing any exercise? Walking or yoga may be helpful calming techniques.

As for me, we are heading out of town for the weekend to visit a friend. Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 08-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #8  
on a journey

Hello everyone. I have been gone for a while. My weight is awful, I feel like a cow. I am waiting one some money to come in and I am buying myself a bicycle. I want to get some of this weight off, I need to get some of this weight off. I just feel so heavy.

Other than that, everything is going really well. I am taking classes online and they are going really well. I am enjoying them and my grades are pretty good.

I hope you all are ok. I will come back more often I promise.

Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #9  
on a journey

Happy Sunday, friends. I hope you have a great day. I am going to enjoy my last day of freedom before I head back to work tomorrow.

I am going to watch my Nascar race today and some preseason football. I also need to do some laundry for tomorrow.

Have a wonderful day, ladies.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:47 AM   #10  
From Lazy to Light!

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/170

I'm really struggling. I have barely slept in the past 4 days and that makes me more vulnerable to depression and anxiety. Right now I'm just trying to distract myself and hopefully soon I can go back to bed and sneak in a little more sleep. I've been waking up every hour from nightmares. After I wake up I'm up for another half hour until I slide into another nightmare and wake up again. Around 4am this morning I just decided to get up and do something rather than wait around for the next nightmare. But I am also so dang exhausted!
LovelyLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:34 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 323/Weight Tracker/150

@ Lovelyleah, have you written down your nightmares in a journal or a private blog?? Sometimes that seems to help. Hopefully you were able to overcome your nightmares and find catch some Zzzz's.

As for me, I am starting to think the weekends this month are becoming my worst enemy. I had another breakdown on Saturday. I wept a good hour, and just ate like no tomorrow. I ended up talking to my fiancé and telling him how lonely I felt, and how I felt like everyone was blowing me off and that I missed my family (they live in WV, I'm in NV).

This coming weekend I have him with me, so maybe I will do better? Today I haven't blogged my food but am eating pretty sensibly, and just mentally gearing up for the gym tonight.
ShyHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

We made it to Pa but we are having to live with my parents. No matter what I do either my parents or dh is telling me its wrong. we are working on a house to live in (my paps old house) but its taking a lot of work. My mom called me a pig and she treats the kids in her house sooo mean I cant stand it listening to it from the time we get up till the time we go to bed. I am sitting here with tears in my eyes. Feel like crying every day all day, just want to sleep and eat my feelings away....i havent been in this hard of a place in my life in a long long time....considered even running away...but i would never do that to my babies I love them toooooo much!! They are the only thing helping me right now....sorry its so down...but i am a mess.....for the last 3 years i have had very little bouts of depression but this one i am fighting is a bad one!!!
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:18 PM   #13  
on a journey

momof4under5, I am so sorry you are going through such a difficult time. I wish I could help you some how. Why does your mom act like that? Can you talk to her about it? If not, I wish you strength and peace. I will say a prayer for you.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:21 PM   #14  
on a journey

I too, am having a really hard time. I can't really go into it, I made some mistakes financially having to do with my house and now I am paying for it. Please please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I really need them right now. I am praying constantly for strength to keep focused and not lose it. I just want to fall apart right now, it would be so easy to just give up.

Last edited by Lisa_C; 08-17-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:23 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

She is retirement age almost and adopted several foster kids she had. The last set of three she was kinda of guilted into...she cared for them but orginally said no to the adoption and they said the kids would be split up...anyways in the 14 months we were living in washington she has gotten way worse with her ocd and is completely controlling....they cant even lay down under the shade tree outside (she MAKES them stay outside and play because its nice out) I had to remind her they were just enjoying the shade...and she left it go. (she was going to make the kid come in and go to bed). I think she is kinda of resenting the kids that she cant just be free and enjoy her older years. I dont know I have tried to mention things and she just denys it, makes excuses or blames her actions on someone else. I am going to talk to my dad because he might be able to help but havent had any time to do so...

I know what financial issues are like....made a lot of mistakes in the past and have had to deal with the issues. It does get better but sometimes it takes away!!! Will be praying things get better for yoU!!
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote