Metabolic Research Center - August 2013 MRC

View Full Version : August 2013 MRC

skelley331
08-01-2013, 01:18 PM
Well it's August 1st ladies, so it's time for a new month and a new journey! I Hard to believe it's been over a year since I joined MRC! I still have five more months of maintenance and i'm going in once a week to weigh in and chat with the girls. I'm also doing the Lipo B12 injections that are suppose to melt away the fat but so far after 4 injections I've not seen any progress, but I will admit they give you an amazing amount of energy. Hope to see everyone keep posting. Thanks for all your support and encouragement thru out my journey.:)

patzi
08-02-2013, 09:08 AM
I agree... We all need to post often to keep this forum alive. We all need the help, even us on maintenance.

Well.... I figured I would try another candy bar. Last one I tried after I hit mainenance, I did not gain, but I really did not enjoy it.. Hard to believe, but true. Sooooo, I asked my hubby if he would split a Pay Day Candy Bar with me( See, this is the new me, I would never split a candy bar with anyone before MRC. Would eat the whole thing myself and maybe 2. Well, I did, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and will put it on the list of what not to eat. I gained two pound after I ate it, so it goes in the list of do not eat for now.

So, today is another day need to take off the 2 pounds and will go on.

Wishing you a ll a wonderful day and think thin.

Patzi

MarleneV
08-02-2013, 11:54 PM
Hope everyone is doing well. I've had a good week, kept within my goal range.

Tonight, I had a special treat that I have not had since going on MRC (and I'm maintaining now...), over a year. I had plenty of calories left after dinner, and we had to go pick my daughter up from work. I asked my husband if we could stop at Sonic, and he said yes. I had a hot fudge sundae... This out me 72 cal over my range, but I'm usually on the low end of the range. Was it good? Yes! Will I do it again? Well, maybe sometime, but actually I feel a little sick... :?:

Two other good things happened this week. First was that I'm going to have my photo re-taken for our company website! After losing 72 lbs, my old photo doesn't look a lot like me anymore.

Second was that my husband gave me $$$ to buy some new clothes. I really don't have much that fits, and have ended up wearing either the same things to work each week, or some things that are obviously too big. Work has had some struggles lately, we've not hit bonus targets like we should be, and I've had some expenses that were more than usual, so I haven't updated my wardrobe. Anyway, he was really sweet to give me this money. I need the clothes for work, so it's been kind of a catch 22. No one would ever say anything about me wearing the same 5 or 6 things, but I'll feel a lot better if I have some other choices. So bras, jeans, a new suit, skirts, dresses, pants & tops are all on my list... :)

rel541
08-03-2013, 01:06 PM
Hey guys. I'm new. I have read pretty much all the threads for MRC over the past couple weeks. I have been doing MRC for two months and I've lost a little over 25 pounds.

I was wondering what your favorite recipes are that you can make and eat leftovers during the week? I already had lasagna last week and I'm planning on making chili this week, but I want to have something else for variety.

rwquilts
08-03-2013, 02:42 PM
At my yearly appointment, my doctor was pleased that I had lost 30 pounds since last years physical. Last year I had lost 30 pounds since the 2011 physical. So, she was very impressed, especially that I have been maintaining since January.

patzi
08-04-2013, 03:54 PM
Marlene...
I am glad for you, keeping within your goal, and it is soooooo nice to start buying new clothes.. When I hit maintenance, I went out and bought a new wardrobe and what a thrill that was.. Best for me was, to not have to wear a large tunic type shirt. I could use a belt now, with my shirt or tee inside the pants instead of outside to hide the fat.

rwquilts Nice to hear from you.. And congrats on keeping to your goal on maintenance.

rel541... Great weight loss you are reporting.. I never used the MRC cookbooks and don't eat any red meat, but I found that if I made turkey meatloaf, it freezes well, and I have plenty for leftovers.. I make egg type quiches in a muffin pan and that freezes well. Turkey meat balls can be used in an Italian dish, but also as a sandwich if you are allowed bread on your plan.. Before I hit maintenance I was on Meta Slim.

Stir Fry is great and I always make enough for leftovers. Today in crockpot I have lean turkey sausage, cut in two " pieces with skinless, boneless chicken in crockpot with petite type tomatoes, basil, oregano, garlic and different herbs. When it is done I will top with fat free feta cheese and let it melt on top. If feta is not on your menu, you could use another fat free or low fat cheese, if allowed in your program.. This freezes well, and plenty for leftovers.

Whatever I made for supper, I made enough to take to work the next day.

Patzi

nicole222
08-05-2013, 02:08 PM
New here, and just getting started this week. Excited!
Main areas I am really working on timing and water!

Lady67
08-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Hello Everyone!

I am now down 28.5 lbs!!! woohooo! I am on Meta-Balance, so I am not supposed to loose as much as those on Meta-Slim, but hey, I feel pretty good about what I have lost.

This last week was especially stressful for me. A company from Japan bought us out and we have been told that there would be personnel changes. :( I have not been here a year yet. Someone who started the same day as me is now gone.

Also, having issues with my 16 yr old daughter :( Had a big fight this week... All I can say is that the HNS bars, and the double chocolate pudding (mixed with yogurt) have saved me! Otherwise I am sure I would have had something I shouldn't.

Patzi - as for eating your half payday, I remember them as being salty. Your 2 pounds may come off very quickly if you increase your water for a couple of days as that would get rid of your water weight.

Be well everyone, and I hope you have a fantastic week!

MarleneV
08-05-2013, 11:24 PM
New here, and just getting started this week. Excited!
Main areas I am really working on timing and water!

Welcome Nicole! You'll get there on the water. I used to drink 6+ cans do diet coke plus 2-3 cups of coffee, and rarely water. Now (just past 1 year anniversary of starting), I regularly drink at least 90 oz of water a day, and usually 120+. I'll have a caffeine free diet soda about once or twice a week. That and never cheating worked for me...

MarleneV
08-05-2013, 11:32 PM
Hello Everyone!

I am now down 28.5 lbs!!! woohooo! I am on Meta-Balance, so I am not supposed to loose as much as those on Meta-Slim, but hey, I feel pretty good about what I have lost.

This last week was especially stressful for me. A company from Japan bought us out and we have been told that there would be personnel changes. :( I have not been here a year yet. Someone who started the same day as me is now gone.

Also, having issues with my 16 yr old daughter :( Had a big fight this week... All I can say is that the HNS bars, and the double chocolate pudding (mixed with yogurt) have saved me! Otherwise I am sure I would have had something I shouldn't.

Lady, great job on the loss so far. That's better than I did in this amount of time, and I was on the MetaSlim.

Sorry about the stress... I took (and am taking still) the corti-trim. I backed off to half after I hit goal, but had a big test for work, and bumped it back up, and that helped. If it helps, I've got some work stresses right now as well (and as a co-owner, I don't get to quit!). Also, get the daughter thing. I have a 19 yo who is leaving for college in 10 days (yeah!!! - did I say that???), and a 17 yo who is also driving me :dizzy:!

Keep up the good work!

MarleneV
08-05-2013, 11:39 PM
Patzi,

Thanks! It was fun to go shopping. Haven't been in these sizes (4 or 6) in a LONG time. Except that I only spent 1/2 of what I had, because of the above mentioned daughters started bickering, and I finally couldn't stand it anymore. I'll go again without the older one, the younger was great help in picking out great outfits.

I'm interested in the turkey sausage & chicken recipe you posted, sounds good! About how much of the meats & tomatoes did you use? Did you use grape tomatoes or the small cluster tomatoes? I may pick some of the sausage and tomatoes up and try this for me & husband. Kids won't eat it...

patzi
08-06-2013, 12:40 PM
Patzi,

I'm interested in the turkey sausage & chicken recipe you posted, sounds good! About how much of the meats & tomatoes did you use? Did you use grape tomatoes or the small cluster tomatoes? I may pick some of the sausage and tomatoes up and try this for me & husband. Kids won't eat it...
I do not measure when I cook so will give approx. I only measure when I bake.
Turkey Sausage Patties.
ground turkey.. approx. 1 lb
no salt
2 tsp sage
1 tsp. fennel seeds
1 tsp thyme
black pepper and white pepper if you have it.
garlic powder, approx. 1/4 tsp.
1/8 tsp ground cloves.. Be exact on this as too much will ruin it.
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp. allspice.
ground ginger.. Sometimes I add 1/4 tsp. I don't always add.
splash of olive oil .

OPTIONAL... MY friend adds cayenne pepper, but I do not.

Combine all and mix well.. I usually refrigerate overnight to let meat asborb flavor of spices..
Form into patties and cook. Don't over cook.. Really important, as they will dry out.
I have my husband cook mine on grill or I cook in oven. Can panfry, choice is yours.. After cooking, I freeze them, and take out as I need . I like to cook until slight pink inside, as when I reheat, they will cook all the way.
Hope this all makes sense.
Will be back later with chicken recipe.

Patzi

Lady67
08-08-2013, 11:25 AM
MarleneV - thanks for the support :)

It will get better. It always does... Just one step at a time.

Weigh in tonight... wonder wonder wonder........... how did it go? am a pound and a half from 30 lbs total. I soooo hope I hit that 30 mark.

MarleneV
08-09-2013, 03:22 AM
Lady, how'd it go? Hope you hit that 30!

Lady67
08-09-2013, 09:50 AM
I hit 30 I hit 30 I hit 30 I hit 30

woohooo!!!! :D:D:D:D

Am soooooooooo Happy, and my non-food reward, is I am taking tomorrow off for myself. A friend and I are going to the Iowa State Fair!!!

discoverjoy
08-09-2013, 05:29 PM
I'm "back on the saddle"...been in a bad lose/gain cycle, and realized that this is the only thing that works for me.

I didn't choose to use the yellow or blue menus. Just jumped straight into the green. mostly because I generally have healthy habits - work out a lot, and eat well...it's just that my poor habits keep sabotaging my success.

SO, I'm on plan. I saw someone's post that said she refused to cheat the entire time until goal. that made me realize that cheating was my major obstacle.

No cheating!!!!! None at all for me. My cheating leads me waaaaaaay off path, then I'm right back where I started. UGH.

So, I'm glad to have other people on here, living the MRC life!

I'm on Day 5 and I'm doing SO WELL, and I'm sooooo proud of me.

SatinDoll
08-09-2013, 09:30 PM
So today I just went ahead and rejoined after debating for a whole year. I just went ahead and paid to re-enroll and basically because of this month specials if i weigh in on saturdays i get 7 weeks free.

discoverjoy
08-10-2013, 03:58 PM
I have been off plan for a little while, and was SCARED to weigh. I started back on plan 6 days ago. I had the courage to weigh, and I gained 8 stinkin' pounds, so essentially, I'm within just a few pounds of when I started.

BUT back on. I just did a ketostix test, and I tested positive for "trace". I don't have a center near me, but I've done this program off and on for 12 years. I NEVER reached goal on it, because I always quit.

This time, I'm not cheating. No excuses. Hitting goal. I don't know anything about maintenance, though, because I never got that far.

How different is it from the green menu?

the positive side, though, is that I tested positive for ketosis! Let the fat burnin' BEGIN!! woohooo!!!

MarleneV
08-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Joy,

That might have been me, I definitely stuck to the plan with no cheating... Was it hard? -yes! But so worth it. I even had a vacation trip and a business trip during my program. The vacation was with my mom, who is also on MRC, so that wasn't bad at all. The business trip was an annual conference that we attend each year, went with my business partner & the owners of another business that we are friends with. That was hard, because they all drink, plus fancy restaurants every night. I drank water, and ordered very specifically, and no deserts. But gained a lot of respect from them, and showed myself I could do it....

Maintenance basically adds some healthy fats, dairy, and some higher sugar fruits & starches up to 100 cal per serving. We can't share menus, as you likely know. Also, on maintenance, we basically count calories. I stick mostly between 1200-1300, occasionally more for a special (and rare) treat.

You can do this!

SatinDoll
08-12-2013, 10:04 AM
I think the main reason as to why I relaspe was because i never got a chance to go to the maintenace program. I think I like the new green menu because i can eat brown rice on the old one it was very limited with things.

yungathart
08-14-2013, 11:35 AM
I just started Sunday. Am still on pre-conditioning. Cutting out snacks and drinking all that water has been a challenge. I am losing weight on preconditioning and not sure I should. Going to center today.

patzi
08-14-2013, 11:45 AM
Hello, hope everyone is doing well.

I had maintenance weigh in yesterday and stayed the same, so am still 5 pounds under goal.

Out of curiosity has anyone tried the raspberry ketones MRC sells or the
Metabolic Total Control which contains green coffee beans.

A friend of mine on MRC asked, and I had no idea, as I do not take any supplements except for Fat & Carb Blocker and I only take that when I am eating out.

Patzi

patzi
08-15-2013, 02:16 PM
I hit 30 I hit 30 I hit 30 I hit 30

woohooo!!!! :D:D:D:D

Am soooooooooo Happy, and my non-food reward, is I am taking tomorrow off for myself. A friend and I are going to the Iowa State Fair!!!

Good for you, congrats.. And you know you should be proud, as you are giving yoursel a non-food reward. That is the road to success and maintenance.. I had a friend that did not make MRC, as every time she lost, she ate it back in food.. you are doing it right in the non food area....

Patzi..

Lady67
08-15-2013, 10:39 PM
Thanks patzi!! :D My center suggested a non-food reward :)

Another weigh-in tonight. I lost another 2.5.... for a total of 32.5 lbs :carrot:

AND....... <drum roll please> 47.75 inches!!!!!

patzi
08-16-2013, 02:44 PM
I think the main reason as to why I relaspe was because i never got a chance to go to the maintenace program. I think I like the new green menu because i can eat brown rice on the old one it was very limited with things.

Where are you now on the program? Are you staying on green menu until you reach goal ? It sounds like you are on Meta Slim.. That is what I used when losing weight. The new green menu is much more lenient than the original I lost weight on. Good luck to you.

Patzi..

yungathart
08-16-2013, 08:26 PM
Got my yellow menu today. So glad to hear everyone losing, especially after several pounds. Glad this one is just 4 days! I'm not a fan of fruit juice types of drinks and left to my own devices would never drink fruit juice. The center was out of chicken broth so this will be a challenge.

Tamikl
08-16-2013, 10:50 PM
Hello ladies!

Well, believe it or not, I haven 't fallen off the face of the earth:) I visit occasionally, and continue to be truly inspired by those I am familiar with and those that are new here!

I am maintaining...I have my ups and my downs, but by WI day, I am where I need to be most of the time. I WI now every other week...I really believe having these regular check ins keeps me on track, so I will continue to go...

I have managed to figure out what a "lean & clean" day means for me..and so if I have my fun, and follow those days with a couple of stricter ones, I drop back down to where I need to be. In fact, I don't even bother weighing myself daily anymore, and especially when I have had days of eating a little crazy...because I already know I will be up! Seeing the number just stresses me out, so I wait to check on myself after I have had a "correction day."

I discussed recently with my counselor about a concern I am having though...When I have a successful WI, and I know that I won't be back for 2 weeks...I sort of let myself go a bit. I could gain up to 5-7 lbs and a few days before my scheduled WI, I have a plan on how to get it off in time...and it is not starving myself by any means. If I eat high protein those days, then calories don't seem to matter. But if I eat equal protein to carbs, then lower calories those days is necessary. I just wasn't sure if this pattern is healthy...She thinks it is keeping me from feeling deprived, and that if I can reel it back in, shouldn't be a problem.

All of this is an experiment...maintenance I mean. What works for one doesn't work for everyone. I think I am just grateful that I may have found what appears to work for me...I feel like I can relax, know that if I do eat that hot fudge sundae today, I know what I need to do tomorrow to counteract it. Make sense?

It continues to be a journey...and words can't even begin to describe the freedom you feel once you identify what seems to work....My greatest fear continues to be that feeling of hopelessness when your weight goes up and you can't figure out how to get it back down....I have been there.

My new motto? "Lean & Clean...NOT GREEN!!" LOL (because I don't ever want to be told I need to go back on GREEN MENU ever again!!)

skelley331
08-17-2013, 08:10 AM
Tamikl:
I'm so glad you found your way, I am right there beside you with the struggles of finding what works best and I too have found my way. I would gain 7-8 lbs and it was always before my WI. I found that eating high protein and veggies with low carbs helps me knock off those extra lbs. And yes it is so nice not to be stressed out about the scale and foods you eat if you do eat a hot fudge sundae, my weakness has been by skinny decaf starbucks mocha's, even tho they are only 110 cals and have 11gms of protein they also have 8gms of sugar and I think that the high carbs and sugar are my devil. So i'm going to go weigh in today and I can proudly say that I am down 3.2 lbs from last week,:carrot::carrot:

skelley331
08-17-2013, 04:03 PM
YAHOO!!!!!!! I went to the center today and weighed in 5.5 lbs less than last week!!! The changes I made are paying off, high protein, low carbs and not a lot of fruit. Yes finally!:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

patzi
08-18-2013, 08:16 AM
Skelley....
Glad for you.. I know you are trying real hard.. I am glad you saw such a great weight loss.

I have noticed in the past month, if I eat one of MRC's puddings at night, I gain.. I do not know if they changed them or what, or just me, but that is out of my menu for now.. It was great, as it gave me that chocolate fix at night if I needed it.. I can't eat fruit at night, that does not work for me. Funny, how we are all different. A challenge at hand for us all..

Tami.. There are times where I eat protein for breakfast and lunch, and then eat a regular menu at night.. I have a friend on Maintenance when she is away or eats out lots, she will do a day of protein to knock it off. I guess we all have something that will work for us. Center told me, eggs, especially egg whites and fish are great for taking the pounds off if you lose.. That seems to help me at times..

Wishing y'all a great Sunday.

Patzi

yungathart
08-19-2013, 03:56 PM
I went to my first week weight in. 7.5 pounds down. Thats awesome. Still on the day 1-4 plan. For me thats exciting. I have never lost at that rate before.
Chris

patzi
08-20-2013, 08:12 AM
I went to my first week weight in. 7.5 pounds down. Thats awesome. Still on the day 1-4 plan. For me thats exciting. I have never lost at that rate before.
Chris

Welcome and great weight loss. Good luck in your weight loss

Patzi

SatinDoll
08-20-2013, 10:26 AM
Let me know how that works if you try it

Hello, hope everyone is doing well.

I had maintenance weigh in yesterday and stayed the same, so am still 5 pounds under goal.

Out of curiosity has anyone tried the raspberry ketones MRC sells or the
Metabolic Total Control which contains green coffee beans.

A friend of mine on MRC asked, and I had no idea, as I do not take any supplements except for Fat & Carb Blocker and I only take that when I am eating out.

Patzi

patzi
08-21-2013, 07:47 AM
Let me know how that works if you try it

I will let you know. I rather doubt it as I am off all supplements except for
Fat & Carb Blocker and that is only when I eat out.. But if anyone gave good reviews, may reconsider.

I was under the impression this item was like the green coffee extract but it seems they have so many things in there and in the literature it does not tell you what exactly and the mg. I would ask to see the bottle, but then they will try to make me buy it.. LOL.

They also are selling the raspberry ketones, as was on Dr. Oz.

Patzi

JenB72
08-21-2013, 12:17 PM
Hi, All! Had to go on a road trip and I am at the weight I was when I left, so for me, that's awesome. Back at it again and will weigh in on Friday. I had to quit taking my supplements (including Flaxseed Oil) for a bit because I was battling a stomach virus. Starting those up again and hopefully I will start seeing progress on the scale.

Hope everyone is doing well! It's Hump Day!!! http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/smileys/camel-smiley.gif (http://emoticoner.com)

yungathart
08-21-2013, 03:14 PM
Hi All, I am on the day 1-4 yellow sheet diet with 5 protien drinks. My weight loss seems to have slowed. It is still progressing but at day 4 just two pounds. I expect the first week lossing during conditioning was just water. I have not deviated at all from the plan. I also bought some keto strips and it doesn't look like I am in ketosis. Is this typical? I was told to expect 5 pounds on this week. Thanks - Chris

rja
08-21-2013, 08:51 PM
Yungathart- I had a bit of slowness about that time but it seems to be picking up now this week. So it may go in chunks :)

AFM - Hi I am on day 15 of MRC, and really enjoying the program. I feel like i have so much more energy. I also went to a food shopping class tonight. I am not taking the supplements, just my prenatal vitamin and fish oil :) . This week i been focusing on up'ing my water intake.

Lady67
08-23-2013, 10:25 AM
Well, am down another 1.5 :)

A little slower this week, but I know it will pick up. I have faith. I am excited. I have not weighed this little since 2004!

patzi
08-25-2013, 10:10 AM
Well, am down another 1.5 :)

A little slower this week, but I know it will pick up. I have faith. I am excited. I have not weighed this little since 2004!

Hi...
Keep the faith, for sure.. I use to kid and say I lost a seed this week. My weightloss was very slow.. There were weeks, where I would lose .2 or .4 pounds and use to become frustrated until I realized, a loss , no matter what it is , is a loss, and I hit maintenance with some weeks with no loss or my seed losses. They all count to the end goal of maintenance.

Patzi..

Liadain
08-25-2013, 11:30 AM
Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I joined MRC on Friday and started pre-conditioning on Saturday. I have been a 3FC poster in the past, but I'm incognito right now. My boyfriend will be visiting me from Ireland in December, and I want the weight loss to be a surprise, so a new online identity was in order.

Feeling good so far, down 3 lbs this morning, though I realize that's water weight. Just nice to see it on the scale. Also went back to the gym after a month off (due to being in Ireland with the bf) and I'm paying for it today.

The only thing I'm worried about missing are onions. It will be learning a completely new way to cook without them.

I'm also concerned about continuing my 3x a week at the gym. I do a class called BodyPump, which is a combo of weight lifting and cardio. I did this class in the spring without a diet plan and didn't lose weight, but know that I gained muscle and toned up. Do you think this will adversely affect my results with the MRC plan?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

gumdropmom
08-27-2013, 12:09 PM
Hi ladies,

I'm new to the forum. I'm currently on day 4 of the blue menu and kinda sorta looking forward to transitioning to the green menu. I'm finding it very difficult lately to get motivated about cooking for my family :( I am a cook - I love to cook. We have always eaten healthy, whole foods. I'm looking at the MRC cookbook and wondering how in the world I can do this for the next several months AND keep my family fed. My husband struggles to keep weight on, I have two teens and a tween. How do you do it? My main reason for trying MRC is my thyroid...it barely functions even on the maximum dose of meds. I'm down 9 lbs since beginning, so I'm willing to keep trying. But...I'm struggling with the motivation to keep providing meals for my family. I can't afford to cook all meals/recipes utilizing MRC supplements! How can I do this???

rja
08-27-2013, 06:35 PM
gumdropmom - I am able to feed my teen and husband on the plan as well. They may eat "snacks" where i can't. I don't measure food for them... but it seems to be working well since I do the beef once a week, and we use different chicken or turkey recipes. Just take time to find what your family enjoys, and they may have more than you but it just takes time for the cravings to disappear. Really my boys don;t go hungry and eat about the same as me now (plus they have some snacks) when it's supper time.

Liadain
08-27-2013, 10:46 PM
Went to my midweek weigh in on preconditioning. I'm down 4 lbs. I'm pretty excited, though it's a bit frustrating to weigh in in the evenings. So used to weighing in first thing in the morning. Hopefully I will be back to ONEderland by my Friday weigh in :)

CindyRush79
08-28-2013, 01:53 PM
Hey I'm Cindy and I am new to MRC. I'm somewhat frustrated. The first night I had my consultation it was disorganized. The director let everyone off for meet the teacher night. There were two of us that were to have consultation. She ended up doing us together and when someone would come in she would have to stop in mid-sentence and go out. I got absolutely nothing out of the consultation. I was told what I would be paying. I thought well I don't know anything yet but I'm here for me and I want to do this. So I called said I wanted to join, paid my money and was told to come in on the following Monday. I got my precondtioning sheets emailed to me, no instructions, I have no idea how much to eat, nothing. Went in Monday, she had lost my information when I weight at my consultation, had to do that again. It was just as crazy as the first time. But did get to meet with the nurse. All they told me was to come back Thursday and start pre-conditioning. HELP!! I have no idea how much to eat when to eat, can I eat fruit in between...Nothing! Im a lost goose. Can someone please help me??

rja
08-28-2013, 10:00 PM
CindyRush79 - wow that seems like a unorganized facility!!

Far as pre-conditioning, you get a sheet of foods you can eat. You pretty much just try to eat only foods on that sheet, i dont believe there is set amounts. Once you start day 1 -4 you will have a more strict diet for 4 days, then introduce more foods days 5-10 and then you have a set diet (at least that is how its been for me the last few weeks). So if your in pre-conditioning, just enjoy only the foods on that sheet to get your taste buds use to those foods :) You should have a food nutrition class before your start day 1-4. I hope they get more organized for you!!!

JenB72
08-30-2013, 01:32 PM
Hey, All! Happy Labor Day Weekend! Weighed in today and am now down 13.5 pounds. I guess slow and steady wins the race! ;)

Liadain
08-30-2013, 06:36 PM
Really bummed out. Went in for my one week weigh in and no further loss from Tuesday. Only lost 4 lbs in my first week despite staying on the pre-conditioning plan to the letter and working out twice this week in BodyPump.

junebug37
08-31-2013, 06:57 AM
Hi all! I have been on Meta-Slim for way longer than I intended. At my weigh in a week and a half ago I hit 40 pounds lost! 10 more to lose for my goal. I tried to go extreme lean protein and very low carb. I work 12 hour shifts at night as a nurse and I started having these low blood sugar symptoms. When I finally have a break/lunch around 4 in the morning I always take my "the big 3" and eat my protein and fruit. The day I felt the worst I took my BS and it was 80. To have eaten protein and natural carbs 2 hours before that, that BS reading was too low. And I was more symptomatic than most because of the "fat burning" status my body is in. I ended up eating more protein to try to feel better. Now this same problem seems to happen every morning around the same time. My center said to drink another protein shake. I am honestly at my limit for "buying stuff" but I guess this is the only way to stabilize without eating "extra" I just feel like my body is changing and needs something else. Any suggestions? I have to try to plan the timing of every meals and it is really hard because sometimes I have the step down ICU section with 7 patients and there is no time for breaks! My instincts tell me to have a handful of almonds but my center said stay away from them. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions or encouragement would be great!! Thank you!

:cool:5 pounds lost
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

:carrot:53+ INCHES LOST:carrot:

marlaj3
09-02-2013, 01:12 AM
I'm just getting started with MRC. I have lost 5 lbs since Thursday. No carbs really. Anyway, I can't wait until I can join you in the maintenance category!:carrot:

CelticHarpie
09-02-2013, 01:04 PM
Hi all, the cat is out of the bag (i.e. I told the bf about my plan), so I'm back to my original user name, instead of Liadain.

Good news is that I am down a few pounds since Friday and in ONEderland again! By Friday I should be down enough that my fully clothed weigh in will also be in the 100's :)