Chicks up for a Challenge - half marathon help!

View Full Version : half marathon help!

IsobelRose22
08-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Since reaching my goal of 160lbs, I lost a little more and went down to 154lbs. Since stopping dieting however I have felt myself slipping back into old habits. I'm the kind of person that responds well to a challenge, so to get back on track I signed up to the Bath half marathon in March 2014. I can run 5km in 33mins, so I am aware I have quite a way to go training wise. Does anyone have a good training plan for a relative novice?

curvynotlumpy
08-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Hi IsobelRose! Congratulations on your success :carrot:

A half marathon is a great goal and happens to be on my bucket list. As you've probably noticed if you checked online, there are countless ways to prepare for a 1/2 marathon. While I haven't trained or ran in one, I was intrigued by this training schedule and resource suggested to me by one of the runner Chicks on this site.

http://www.towomensruns.com/half_marathon_5k_tp.html

I like that it is a 6 month training schedule rather than the standard 12-16 weeks. It seems very doable. And while I've been running for over 3 years, I really do consider myself a novice in so many ways. Another reason this schedule suits me.

Good luck and keep us posted!