Old 08-01-2013, 10:56 AM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Talking Worldy Chicks - August's Attitude of Gratitude

Morning all,

Turn the page on the calendar. New month rolls around as the year races by. Decided to focus on the positive and declare this month an attitude of gratitude. No matter how frustrating the day can be, we can always find something we are grateful for.

Let me go back and do the July clean up and close out and I'll be back with personals.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #2  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Ok back again.

Shad - sounds like you scheduled a bit more than you probably should have. Sleep in and give yourself a rest day.

Mel's out shopping (I hope). Michelle's head down in writing code and Ceejay's checking gauges.

Annie - I hope you are up to no good and having fun with it

Laura - eek - cicadas are out again? Geez those are creepy looking bugs. I swear they come out every year or every other year instead of every 17. Don't know about you but this year I didn't notice any June Bugs. Of course it's been an odd summer for us - we were commenting on the lack of Swallowtail butterflies and the hummingbirds are flocking to our feeders - I mean FLOCKING which we are thinking is due to the lack of nectar flowers.

I guess after Shad I am the first one in today. Were we all supposed to sleep in and I didn't get the memo? Or are you all enjoying a beautiful day outside. Wait. It's Thursday - most of you are in the office so that can't be it either...

I set out to do a number of things yesterday but got side tracked by other, unanticipated things so I accomplished quite a few things but not a lot of what I set out to do. Last night I went downstairs as I usually do to sift cat boxes and refresh their water bowls. Coming up the stairs my right knee went crunch, crunch, crunch. I could barely stand on it after that and had to support myself to get around. I have been having problems with a combination of my back pinching a nerve and giving me hip and knee problems the last 2 weeks. I slept with my feet elevated last night to take some pressure off my back. Still hurts quite a bit. I guess instead of working in the garden today, I will instead focus on going through some boxes of papers I have. It's a beautiful day - will be nice to open the windows and air out the house once the sun warms the air a bit more.

I think I'm going to go pop in the shower and stand there for a good long while with the warm water running down my back. Have a good day everyone. Talk to you later...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:10 PM   #3  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Friday tomorrow...yeah, kiddos head home tomorrow night. EXCITED. Miss my lil man something awful. Considering I see him at least 3 to 4 times a week.

- When you cannot control the wind, adjust your sails. PM me your email addies, I have the neatest thing I want to send you. (Not 3FC email addy)

- If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would NEVER think a negative thought.

I am just full of lil sayings today.

HAPPY...thank you for starting the new thread. I couldn't think of a title that was cute or snappy, so I gave up. Ouwie on the knee/back/hip issue. I am right there with you. My ankle is still giving me fits. I am on week 6 of misery altho it is getting better slowly. I must of done something to it and not known about it when it happened.

SHADDIE...get some rest, my friend. Slow down and dance or something like that.

Bout it for me...Hugs sister friends.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #4  

Happy - I was just waiting for someone to start our new thread. Thanks for doing that, and I think the title is wonderful. I believe I'll try to report each day something for which I'm grateful.

Yes, cicadas are out again. In our area anyway, and it seems like it's every year now. And they are LOUD! I was happy yesterday that they stopped when the rain started later in the evening! And after the rain stopped, it was so nice and quiet!! Too funny that you mentioned June bugs - I mentioned the cicadas to the admin this morning and she said they didn't have them in her area, but they did have June Bugs. Ick to both!!!

I'm sorry your knee is bothering you! Hope the pain eases up so you can get on with your usual activities.

Shad - I totally get why you're tired given the posts discussing all you've been doing lately!!!

Mel - Hope the headache went away and you got to go shopping today!

Michelle - are you still neck deep in coding? Hope your week is going alright.

Hi Annie, Hi Ceejay!!
===
Nothing much to report. I think I have 8 more days of the squat challenge, only 6 of squats, 2 rest days.

Going to Jazzercise tonight. I'd rather sit home and eat tacos, but we'll save that for tomorrow night.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #5  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

CANNOT BELIEVE IT IS AUGUST ALREADY. SCARY.
WENT FOOD SHOPPING BUT I AM DRAGGING MY BUTT. HAD 3 ALARMS LAST NIGHT ....ONE EVERY 2 HOURS. THIS IS THE LAST TIME I GO SHOPPING AFTER A BAD NIGHT. FEELING VERY SHAKY INSIDE. HEADACH IS GONE THOUGH

I NEED TO LIE DOWN AND WILL CATCH UP WITH YOU GALS TOMORROW.

HAPPY....THANKS FOR THE NEW THREAD!!
I WAS SO READY TO MOVE ON
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:22 PM   #6  

Hi Annie - It'll be nice to see the kiddies after their trip. Like the sayings, especially the one about sails - and it makes me think of sailing too. What a nice thing - no noise of a motor, just the wind filling the sails and the boat gliding along.

Duh, forgot to say what I'm grateful for today, right after I said that's what I was going to do. Nothing specific to today, but I am extremely grateful for my health.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #7  

Mel - Have a good nap!!
Old 08-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Letting my lunch of a baked potato and side salad settle before I go outside to mow. It's a gorgeous day. This is the last time I will mow with this lawn mower. I hope it last long enough for me to mow.

Happy
Thanks for starting up the new thread. Like the attitude of gratitude I am thankful that I still can work at almost 63.

Annie
I know you'll give the little man a bunch of hugs and kisses when he gets home. We can let that little breeze blow me right into retirement.

Mel
I'll let you take the nap. You deserve it.

Laura
So far we haven't had the cicada's. It's usually mid August when they appear. We are having what I call the dry weather fly's. The look like a dragon fly.

Hi Michelle
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #9  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone -

I'm crazy swamped with coding. Oh well, I'm doing my best. Hopefully, it's good enough to keep me here.

Had insomnia on Tuesday night, so I tried to go to sleep early last night...but ended up not falling asleep until after 10.

I'm having another card party on Saturday...this one will be a poker party. On Monday or Tuesday, a dear friend is starting heavy duty radiation for an aggressive cancer. They think the entire tumor was removed, but since the cancer is so aggressive, they don't want to take any chances. So that's why I'm having back to back parties for him...because he'll be under the weather and unable to do much for the next two months.

That's all the plans for this week/weekend, but I am hoping to get Santa to either the dog park or the beach one of the weekend days.

I definitely have an attitude of gratitude for how good my life is right now, and it's getting better.

Hope you all are doing well.

Much love,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:52 PM   #10  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Decided to get up a bit earlier and get this done before the day creeps up on me. I was dog tired for some reason last night. Guess the heavy work of the week is catching up, but unfortunately I can't stop as I will have to go back to work shortly and have two scheduled interviews for next week already lined up. I wasn't actually thinking about going back just yet, but there isn't enough in the kitty to retire on yet. If I can get a couple of well paying contracts for the next two years, then we can think about that. Don't know what M is doing about the training thing. I haven't heard anything for some time. It must have gone on the back burner.

Happy - thanks for setting up the new thread. Attitude of Gratitude, well everyone should have one of those, since each of us has family, friends, jobs (well mostly), a home to go home to, and food in our bellies. Really what else do we need. Sorry to hear about the back and the knee. Knees take forever to heal. Mine is not yet quite right. Not bad, but not right either.

Annie - will get to the addy after I have finished here. Dance? I don't think so. Not sure the body will be very graceful right now, and I am sure the neighbours would not be excited about the creaks and groans coming from my place.

Laura - listening to the cicada's is commonplace out here. Not so much in the suburbs, but if you go out in the bush, it's like white noise in the background.
No need to do squats around here at the moment, got enough of thigh exercise with the digging I have been doing. Sounds like you are doing well with it though.

Mel - glad to hear that the headache is at least gone. All these alarms. It's **** having broken sleep. Take it easy and get the young ones to do the shopping.

Ceejay - hope the mower lasted out. My new one seems to work well. However, the grass is NOT supposed to grow during the winter here and it is still growing. One thing I find wrong with my mower is that the cord is too long. Small mower for a short body and they put a cord on it that needs a big bloke to get it started. I may have to get them to shorten it for me. Your lunch sounds nice

Michelle. Sorting out code is a PIA. Hope you find the little stink bug soon.

I forgot to tell you last time I posted that I went out into the vege patch the other day to find that my poor (expensive) potato plant had been eaten by bugs - snails probably. Anyway, I decided to dig it up and see if there were any spuds down there, and I got 18 tubers. See attached picture. So the snails did not win. I had a feed of them night before last. They are so yummy. Probably could have had a little longer in the ground but that's not going to happen if you have no leaves up top to bring in the sunlight and encourage growth. The corn has decided to put out cobs this week and is growing by the day. I also had some of the carrots (purple ones) which could have also benefitted from another week or so in the ground. Things are definitely on the move in the garden. No doubt because I am thinking of going back to work away from home again. Contrary beast.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Spuds from my garden this week 1 (600x800).jpg (22.2 KB, 6 views)
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:30 AM   #11  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I HIT POST BY ACCIDENT AND WHOOSH IT WAS GONE!

LET'S TRY AGAIN....GOOD MORNING WORLDLIES.
HOPE EVERYONE IS BEGINNING THE MONTH OPN A GOOD NOTE.
I RESTED AND WORKED IN BETWEEN TIMES.
BOSS SHOULD BE BACK BY TUESDAY MORNING. I WILL BE GLAD.
NOTHING MUCH NEW HERE. JUST A LOT OF ALARMS.
SEMED TO BE LIKE THE SENIORS WERE FILLING A QUOTA FOR THE MONTH OF JULY!!

AN UPDATE ON MY FRIEND: THE OPERATION WAS SUCCESSFUL ON HER STOMACH.
A LITTLE BIT GOT REMOVED ALONG WITH THE TUMOR.
THE RESULTS WERE NEGATIVE OFR CANCER.
BUT THE DR WILL FOLLOW UP WITH TESTS FOR WAHILE.
SHE IS BACK AT WORK BUT NOT 100% AS YOU CAN IMAGINE.
SHE'S ALSO CONSIDERING EARLY RETIREMENT NOW.
THANKS FOR THE GOOD THOUGHTS YOU SENT HER WAY.

THE KIDS AND I ARE DOING THE MOVIE & EATS THING THIS WEEKEND.
NOT SURE WHAT THEY PICKED FOR THIS AFTERNOON. SURPRISE!
HAPPY FRIDAY TO ALL AND A VERY HAPPY WEEKEND.

HAPPY....THANKS AGAIN FOR THE GOOD THOUGHTS AND FOR THE NEW THREAD.
I AM VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE BACK & KNEE.
FROZEN PEAS!!! USE A BAG AS AN ICE BAG. THEY WORK WONDERS WITH AN ANTI-INFLAMMATORY
CERTAINLY HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON.
THAT WAS SOME ANIMAL SHOWING AT YOUR PLACE.
WONDER IF THE BEAR WAS SHOT. SAD WHOEVER DID IT DIDN'T DO IT RIGHT OR NOT AT ALL.
HOPE YOU CAN GET AROUND BETTER TODAY

SHAD....I THINK YOU WORKED YOURSELF RIGHT INTO BED
SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE I KNOW!! ROFLMAO
LOVED THE SPUDS PIC. BETTER THAN OTHER TIMES NO???
SO GLAD THE SLUGS DID NOT WIN..
GOOD LUCK WITH THE INTERVIEWS. 2 NICE FAT CONTRACTS WOULD BE NICE!
KIND OF DISAPPOINTED IN M BUT THEN IT WOULD BE SKETCHY BEING SO NEW A PROJECT.
LIFE IS TOO COMPLICATED.....PLAY THE LOTTERY!

LAURA....I HEAR YA ON THE CICADAS. IT'S THE 17TH YEAR AND THEY PREDICTION WAS RIGHT ON.
I SAW A PROGRAM THIS PAST WINTER SAYING THEY WERE ON THEIR WAY.
WE HAVEN'T GO T MANY AS YET BUT I KEEP LISTENING.
GOOD JOB ON THE SQUATS!!

CEEJAY.....I WANT A BREEZE TO BLOW ALL OF US INTO RETIREMENT
MAYBE WE CAN FIND A COMMUNE NEAR YOUR SISTERS HOUSE!!;ginger:
BETWEEN YOU AND SHAD...NOW I WANT A NICE BUTTERED BAKED POTATO.
AND YES PLEASE ON SOME SOUR CREAM

ANNIE..... BUSY GIVING THE KIDS HUGS AND WELCOME HOME YET??
HOPE THEIR TRIP WAS A GOOD ONE AND EVERYONE WAS HAPPY

MICHELLE......very sorry to hear about your friend.
sending a lot of healing thoughts out that way.
good of you to keep the mind occupied

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-02-2013 at 06:53 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:03 AM   #12  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning and TGIF FO SHO!!! However it is passover and not good Friday. Don't get paid today.

C bought me a new stainless steel washer and dryer as mine have been on their last leg for over a year. I am sure they are not energy efficient at this point. The new ones are being delivered tomorrow.

The kids leave Florida for home tonight and will pull in sometime tomorrow around noon. After my washer/dryer delivery, I am heading over there. I can't stand it. lol

MELLIE....I still think you should just disconnect the alarms and get some rest. Movie and eats sounds like fun. I ate popcorn yesterday at my desk and today I am paying for it in the loo, talk about fiber. Yeeeee

SHADDIE...your potatos look quite yummy. That is one thing I have never tried to grow. Might give it a shot next year. Never heard of purple carrots. If you eat too many do they turn your complexion a hue of purple like the orange carrots do? lol

CHELLE...I love card parties. We used to play cards at every gathering. Now we hardly gather and don't play cards much. Hope your friend comes through everything with flying colors. Power to you on the coding.

CEEG....yum salad and a baked potato, gives me an idea for lunch today. May head out to Wendy's and get that very thing. Thanks for the idea.

LAURA...we have the cicadas around here also. Mostly dead ones on the walk in from the parking garage to the office. They are huge and gross. That along with the goose poo everywhere. Very disgusting walk in. Your squat challenge went fast. Can you tell a difference?

HAPPY....hope you are feeling a bit better today with the aches and pains. Getting older is a real b*tch. Never thought I would be like this. Hugs sister.

That is about it for me. Have a great Friday/night!
Old 08-02-2013, 09:14 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad
That's a good haul on the potatoes. The one the I like about the electric mowers is there is no rope to pull. However I do have to pull the cord around with me, but I've gotten used to that. And yes I did get the lawn mowed but the mower kept quitting on me.

Happy
Hope your knee's and back feel better today. I've started taking an over the counter me that the doctor advised me to get. So far it seems to be working. One knee still bothers me.

Mel
I can't blame your friend if she decided to retire. I may have to have a movie night on my day off next week.

Michelle
Sending your friend some good vibes. I hate to hear of any one having the c word.

------
Nothing new this morning. I will be going back to Paragould today and spend the night with my aunt and uncle then go with them to the other uncles birthday party tomorrow.
I may decide to get my hair trimmed this week end. It's getting long in the back.
Have a good day.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #14  

Morning all. TGIF, payday or not, rain or sun, it's still good.

Ceejay - Have fun at the birthday party. With the mowing and the cord, I imagine you have a pattern established so the cord doesn't get in the way or get cut by the blades. We had an electric shrub trimmer and it was a hassle with the cord. We have a cordless one now. Too funny - seems not long ago you were so unhappy because your hair was too short. It grows quickly!

Annie - Nice, a new washer/dryer. Is the washer a front loader? I've come to like mine, but I sort of wish we'd sprung for the pedestal too. Less bending to put stuff in and take it out, and a place to store laundry supplies. Enjoy your reunion with the kids! Only 7 more days of the squat challenge, and yes, I can tell the difference - my quads are definitely firmer. Rest day today, but yesterday's reps were 190!!! Yeh, we've got cicadas in the grass, ick. Big ugly things.

Mel - Glad to hear your friend's surgery went well and no c was found!!! Hang in there til the boss gets back. I agree with Annie, disconnect the alarms and get a good night's sleep!! Tonight or tomorrow night may be a movie night for bf & I - we got the blueray for "Despicable Me" from the library the other night. I think our area's cicadas are on a reverse 17-year cycle - they stick around for 17 years and only go away for one!

Shad - Hope you get a good contract offer to get you to retirement in a reasonalbe amount of time, i.e., while you can still enjoy it!! Glad the potatoes and carrots came in, even if not as mature as you wished. It would be fun to try to grow potatoes. I confess that I had a sweet potato sitting around the kitchen so long that it had sprouted, so when I recently decided it was time to get rid of it, I cut off the sprouted part and planted it. It seems to be growing fine, but it's obviously not the same variety that are grown as decorative foliage for flower planters - the leaves aren't that virbrant bright green. But maybe there'll be a sweet potato to dig up this fall, LOL.

Michelle - Good luck with the coding. On the positive side, I'm sure you're learning a LOT right now. Best wishes to your friend beginning radiation treatment.

==
I did my Jazzercise class last night, and I also managed to complet my squats for the day. But...I'm a bit fatigued today. I'm glad today is a rest day from the squats.

Tonight is taco night, and maybe the movie, maybe not.

Jazzercise again tomorrow morning. Then there's plenty to do around the house. We've decided on the paint color for the powder room, but now we need to buy a bunch of other stuff because we want to replace the brass/gold light fixture, medicine cabinet, towel rods, and inset soap dishes & tp holders with brushed nickel. The latter will have to be ordered online - the big box stores don't sell good quality versions of those.

Nothing social planned this weekend, but I'm totally fine with that - I had enough the past couple weeks.

Okay, enough rambling. Everyone have a good weekend.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:46 PM   #15  
Annie - Indiana

LAURA...we didn't get the front loaders, I don't like them. We used them while on vacation and that was enough for me. I am going to start calling you Buffy cause you are getting so buff. We have brushed nickel throughout my house, kitchen and bathrooms. It looks very nice. You will really like it.

CEEG...have fun at the birthday party.

Later gaters.