Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - August 2013 - Everyone Welcome!

Diana3271
07-31-2013, 04:03 PM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great month! :cheer2:

oxalis
07-31-2013, 05:18 PM
August Goals! :goodvibes
Get into my 120s (I want to see 129.9, bad)
Stay on plan (daily max of 1,500 c.) 26/31 days
Incorporate toning/light strength exercises; 15/31 days

July stats!
Total pounds lost: 3.5
Days of exercise: 25/31 days
Days eating on plan (daily max of 1,700 c.): 26/31 days

vanchica
07-31-2013, 08:49 PM
this is Day 1 for me, just meal planning and getting the kitchen ready.

Goals for the month: lose 1-2 lbs per week. Run with run club. Track all cals and $ daily.

I lost my way when I couldn't get a grasp on my goals- my medium term goal is to run 5k again, lots and for fun! and to attend my aunt's Nov wedding in a size 14 dress (1-2 sizes down). It would be FAB to have to have it altered but I'll settle for having it zip up!

Wedding is at West Point, full military- so excited!

lilmisschattabox
08-01-2013, 05:32 AM
Hello August!

oxalis
08-01-2013, 07:40 AM
Good Morning and Happy August Everyone! :sunny:

Last night I was trying to come up with a reward for myself if I reach this month's goal (129.9) and the first thing that came to mind was chocolate cake. But then I remembered I can eat chocolate cake now if I wanted to (as long as I stay within my daily calories) and decided to make an appointment to get my spider veins taken care of instead. Win-win!

today's weight: 135.9 (down .4)
yesterday's calories: 1,175
yesterday's exercise: 1 hour at the gym doing various cardio machines, approx. 450 c. burn

Diana3271
08-01-2013, 07:42 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Last night I added on:
7 Minute Premix from Strong Knees
Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

Calories for yesterday: 1350 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 159.6
Up: .6

Have a great day!

TheLauren
08-01-2013, 08:34 AM
Good morning! yesterday I was at goal with 1600 calories, and a 30 minute walk with the puppy.

I just got back from our walk for today. I have work today, so that should make staying within goal easier. yesterday was more difficult because I was home all day.

IanG
08-01-2013, 11:29 AM
Oh no, not the accountability thread again!

Up 0.2lbs today. It's like ping pong.

Breakfast: 2 pieces of low calorie bread with raw mushrooms and mayo lite. Some olives. Coffee, milk no sugar.

Lunch: Salad with wild dungeness crab, hummus, quinoa, lettuce, corn, tomato, onion, assorted mushrooms, carrot, feta cheese, cauliflower, butternut squash, carrot.

Dinner: Will drink beer.

Exercise: Did 50 minutes weight training. Rest day from running.

Diane69
08-01-2013, 11:32 AM
I'm new here but happy to have found a support group I can be accountable to. Originally I started out at 220 got down to 140 and felt great, kept it off for two years. Then my daughter moved back home and my good eating went to pot :-( so here I am starting back again needing to lose these aweful 40 lbs.

shelflife
08-01-2013, 01:11 PM
IanG: Do you make all your salads yourself or buy them? They sound so elaborate!

Today
Wt: 170.2
B: Chipotle chili slam, 1 cup raspberries
Sn: Cottage cheese and some cherries
L: Amy's lentil soup, toast with PB and 1/2 banana
S: Roasted chickpea burrito (roasted chickpeas, guac, salsa, a little greek yogurt, spinach on a flat-out wrap), grilled veggies (zucchini, summer squash, peppers, cherry tomatoes), and 150 calories worth of tortilla chips. This was a delicious meal for 514 calories!
Exercise: None.
Total calories: 1366

AlyN
08-01-2013, 01:20 PM
Monthly Goal is to lose 10 pounds and be at 215! I want to get under 220 so bad! :D
Daily goal is to stay right at 1200 calories.
Fitness goal is to work out at least 5 times a week.

Breakfast: Water and a whole banana
Lunch: Lean Cuisine Lemon Pepper Fish w/ rice & red peppers
Snack: Cutie and Strawberries
Dinner: Making tuna burgers with a simple spinach salad w/ light caesar dressing
Dessert: Homemade 70 cal cookies and cream pops! :D

Fitness: Playing at least 30 minutes of kinect with my hubby to be tonight!

Also, if anyone wants a myfitnesspal accountability partner let me know! I'd love to have some buddies on there!

novangel
08-01-2013, 04:36 PM
Hello, August! :carrot:

I've been going to the gym more often and I'm still holding at goal (138-140p) solid since April. :)

TheLauren
08-01-2013, 04:37 PM
novangel- That is wonderful! congrats.

madelinerose94
08-01-2013, 04:47 PM
Hello! *waves*

I am adding the 'Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism' workout two times a week to my weekly exercising - Fridays and Sundays.

IanG
08-01-2013, 04:57 PM
Thanks Shelflife. I have a salad bar at work to which I add exciting gourmet ingredients brought from home that I spend too many hours identifying and buying on the internet.

It's all about keeping my salads exciting and continuously striving to making them better for me.

Watch soon for picked quails eggs, picked garlic and canned (yes canned) scallops.

Shrinkmeplease
08-01-2013, 05:05 PM
Hello everyone!
Day 4 of IP and I am OP.
not allowed exercise yet which is probably for the better as I'm still low on energy. My August goal is to be down at least 15lbs.
*fingers crossed!*

jessica2231
08-01-2013, 06:11 PM
:^:Daily check in

Hi guys. I am back after being out of here for over a year almost two.

I have gained bac an even 40lbs. I tried restarting two or three times before this. I need some support so I am going to try to be back full force. You guys have always been great support. It is Ramadan right now and I am fasting so I probly wont be counting calories for another few days but i will be listing what i have eaten. Im glad to back. :)

breakfast-
4pcsTurkey bacon
1 fried egg
3 slices haloumi fired cheese
1 slice arabic bread
2 figs
1 pluot
-total cals- 1,000cals even

Wow!:?: just looking at this no wonder i have been gaining. I guess its time to get honest. that meal sounds like a heart attack buts its the truth, its what i had this morning. Ok so Im going to work on improving that tommorrow. Glad to be back and get honest. :dizzy::p:carrot:

mamakat
08-01-2013, 06:12 PM
OK, I tallied the numbers...I lost 5.2 lbs (although, I somewhere in between I gained another 5 and lost that too) in the month of July. I am still solid in the 170's which is keeping me motivated.

August's plan of action: I am hitting my home gym with 15 minute intervals of elliptical and recumbent bike for 60 minutes, followed up by weights. I have succeeded so far today :) Tomorrow, DD will be joining me! I would like to see a total of 110lbs lost by the end of this month...another 6 is all that's needed. That would be super cool.

Good luck to all in their endeavors

vanchica
08-01-2013, 06:21 PM
Today:

Bfst: Banana Cheerios (1.5 servings + skim milk)
Lunch: Edamame and two small soft tacos, mostly cabbage, 1 oz cheese and 2 oz chicken total, two TBSP guacamole
Dinner: TBD, likely 8 lean meatballs, some veg and 1/2 serving of rice

Also had 2 sq of chocolate and 2 toffees, some tea w milk and iced tea (light sugar, 1tsp total)

novangel
08-01-2013, 08:11 PM
Thanks Lauren. :) Haven't seen you in a while, hope all is going well.

Matisse
08-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Hello, everyone!

Still at 150.0 lbs after going up to 151.8 lbs yesterday. I was not happy about that. It seems like my kidneys and intestines are not always collaborating.

Yesterday, I cycled for 44 km in windy conditions. Today, it was 25 km of hilly country roads. Fitday says I spent 545 cal on today's ride.

Since I woke up late after much needed rest, I did not have lunch.

Here is my calories breakdown.

1,035 cal, fat 25 %, carbs 50 %, proteins 19 %, alcohol 6 %.

B : All bran spuds with Danone fat free yogurt, milk, blueberries and strawberries. Latte.
S : Almonds, apple + mozzarella.
D : Grilled scallops and shrimps with a citrus salsa, basmati rice. Grilled peppers and zucchini. 3 oz of white wine. Frozen yogurt with cherries, blueberries and strawberries.

I felt dizzy after exercise (still feel it). My father has a digital blood pressure monitor and mine is : sys.: 94 mm Hg, dia.: 74 mm Hg around dinner time and two hours after exercise, so it is on the low side.

In one week, I lost .8 lbs which I find a little strange considering my calorie deficit. Tomorrow, I will have three meals, I promise.

TheLauren
08-01-2013, 09:58 PM
novangel All is well. Lots of changes in my life. I'm moving from NY to Florida in a month. I'll need to find a new job, I'll be living alone, and I'll be away from my friends. Hopefully 3FC can help keep me sane and on track!

Diana3271
08-01-2013, 09:59 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Welcome to all the newbies! :welcome2:

I am running late tonight! I will have to catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Total Approx 1380 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Sirloin steak 400 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories

Exercise:
4 Mile Mall Walk

alaskanlaughter
08-01-2013, 11:06 PM
I am here....august is shaping up to be a VERY BUSY month...this week has been killer busy already!! and it's only going to continue....i'm still working out in the mornings and aiming to keep my calories in check...im trying not to eat in the evenings after dinner, that's one of my goals lately....and not weigh so much, it messes with my mind lol...I come here and read often but sometimes don't have time to really write anything

Zima
08-02-2013, 03:11 AM
Hi! Can I join? I want to be accountable, but not every day. Watching my weight fluctuate within decimal points every day drives me insane; I'll just check in once a week (I weight myself every Friday morning).

Weighed myself just now, and I am 132 lbs, down 5 lbs from 1 week ago. This was my first week dieting, so after this, I will see less of a loss per week.

Diana3271
08-02-2013, 07:18 AM
Good Morning :wave: TGIF! :yay:

I am so glad for the weekend! Any fun plans for the weekend?

We are using a different Vet for our new addition, Cody, than we used for our previous pet. I need to locate their office. It's actually in a different town. I'm not happy about that, but this Vet is highly recommended by a friend of ours. I am still adjusting to the new schedule of having a puppy. :tired:

Today I have my Endo appointment to go over my thyroid labs. I feel like things are more regulated than they were the last time. The Dr. keeps saying that it may take more time for my body to catch up since I have been through so much stress in the last year.

Last night I added on: Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Calories for yesterday: 1380 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 159
Down: .6

Alaskanlaughter It's good to see you check-in. You are always a busy lady.

Zima Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Enjoy your day!

oxalis
08-02-2013, 07:45 AM
Good Morning / Happy TGIF!

Yesterday's calories snuck up on me a little, even though I was counting! Oh well, the water weight is still coming off so I have nothing to complain about!

I told my husband my weight for the first time (in five years) so that was a nice victory for me; it felt strange but relieving.

today's weight: 135.3 (down .6)
yesterday's calories: 1,775
yesterday's exercise: approx. 500 c. burn (running, cybex, and elliptical)

Diane69
08-02-2013, 08:11 AM
Down another 2 lbs this morning, counting calories and staying at or just a tad under 1200 cal. Clean eating lots of water and I added in a 1/2 hr workout on the treadmill. I know after this first week it will slow down so for now I'm happy with the big losses :-) 176.5 lbs. this morning, I am a daily weigher so will be checking in most every morning.

Psychic
08-02-2013, 08:48 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1585
Today's Weight: 173

B - Multi-Grain Sandwich Thin w/ Laughing Cow Garlic & Herb, Sliced Chicken Breast, and Cucumbers
L - Portabello Mushrooms w/ Mozzarella Cheese and Hamburger Bun + 2 Cheesesticks + Sweet Tea
D - Sheetz Appetizer Sampler w/ Cheese Sauce + Sheetz Toasted Marshmallow Iced Latte
Exercise: At least 2 hours of walking + Climbed a rock wall

Still bloated today. Probably due to TOM, plus sodium from fried food yesterday. I went to the Carnegie Science center with my boyfriend and his mom, niece, and my cousin. We were there for 7 hours and walked around during that time almost nonstop.

Gonna Get There Soon
08-02-2013, 09:20 AM
So I bombed last night... :(
I was doing great until about 9:30 when I couldn't seem to resist the peanut butter cookies I had bought at safeway for the kiddos....so I ate 3. And plus I didn't go on a walk yesterday....ugh. Now I feel totally guilty. It's so weird how you just get it into your brain that going off plan is going to set you back by a million years....I know it won't, but that's how I feel.

1320 cals...didn't include the cookies...
0 exercise...ugh

But the good news is that we are driving to Denver today to see a Pink Floyd laser light show at Red Rocks!! Whoo hoo! Totally stoked about that!! And plus it's a night away from the kiddos. I really need a break from them for a night.

Happy Friday!!!!

TheLauren
08-02-2013, 10:08 AM
Diana congrats on the puppy!! What kind of dog is Cody? I also recently got a puppy. I forgot how much work they are.

jessica2231
08-02-2013, 10:37 AM
:D

Morning everyone day two.

last nights dinner was a doozy. I took my mom out to dinner for breaking my fast. I had lots of bread and a bit of pasta. Probably somewhere in the 1,000cal range.

Today is the first day I am officially counting my calories. :carrot:

For breakfast I had.
Tea-5e0cals
Kind nut bar- 190cals
Arabic bread- 140cals
Akayway Cheese- 140cals
total- 520 (better than yesterdays)

that leaves me with 1195 cals for dinner and a late night snack.
Its Ramadan right now so I have breakkfast before sunrise and a late dinner after sunset. :)

IanG
08-02-2013, 11:48 AM
Up 1.4lbs today. That's a monster gain!

Breakfast: 2 pieces of low calorie bread with raw mushrooms and mayo lite. Coffee, milk no sugar.

Lunch: Salad with wild sockeye salmon, maine cherrytone clams, spicy pickled quails eggs, hummus, asparagus, lettuce, tomato, onion, assorted mushrooms, radish, black beans, carrot, beets, cauliflower, cabbage.

Dinner: Will drink beer (Green Flash Imperial IPA).

Exercise: Did 50 minutes weight training. Am about to try to run 10K. Wish me luck.

laciemn
08-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Up 1.4lbs today. That's a monster gain!

Breakfast: 2 pieces of low calorie bread with raw mushrooms and mayo lite. Coffee, milk no sugar.

Lunch: Salad with wild sockeye salmon, maine cherrytone clams, spicy pickled quails eggs, hummus, asparagus, lettuce, tomato, onion, assorted mushrooms, radish, black beans, carrot, beets, cauliflower, cabbage.

Exercise: Did 50 minutes weight training. Am about to try to run 10K. Wish me luck.

Good luck!!

August Goals :
Start getting up early (might as well for the coming semester)
Start Running (Kinda started, but not consistent)
Lose 10 lbs

Yesterday, I got back from camp. I felt like absolute crap from the moment I woke up until about 5:30 PM. I think it was something about the change from what I usually eat to eating the stuff at camp. I had a bad headache and nausea and although I didn't feel hungry, I suspect it had something to do with nutrition. After I ate a banana and a plate of spinach, I felt way better. Then I ate some tofu, orange and green bean stir-steam fry and felt pretty much normal, maybe better than normal.

B: Skipped (...zzz..)
L: 2 scrambled eggs with spinach and 2 tomato slices, 2 cups of coffee
D: I've got a pork chop in the fridge, so that and probably some frozen green beans, since I'm totally out of fresh veggies.
S: I usually get hungry again before bed, so I'll have an orange if I do.

AlyN
08-02-2013, 02:10 PM
Good afternoon everyone!
Yesterday I was actually a little low on my calories 1081, but wasn't hungry so I decided not to force it!

Today has been really stressful... I got some really bad news about my beloved dog from the vet... :/ So I've been on the phone all morning/afternoon and have skipped breakfast

Breakfast: none :(
Lunch: Turkey and Cheese pita pocket with lite miracle whip and mayo
One pickle, Cutie
Dinner: (It's Friday Pizza Day!) Having a thin crust cheese frozen pizza that I can have 1/3 of.
Tomato and Cucumber salad
Dessert: Strawberries and lite whipped cream

IanG
08-02-2013, 02:15 PM
Thanks Laciemn. I did the 10k on the treadmill. It wasn't too bad. I held back on the speed to get me through. I'll run outside tomorrow and perhaps try again. But definitely will push for 7 miles next Gump Day (Friday).

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=44991&stc=1&d=1375467333

Diana3271
08-02-2013, 04:44 PM

I wanted to post this and then I will be back later tonight:

I had my follow up with the Endo today, to go over my labs. My thyroid is finally regulated! It only took a year, LOL! The Dr. was thinking she would be able to take me down on my dosage but it is finally in a good range. I have lost 1 pound according to their scale. I think I lost 1 or 2 pounds the last time. So I am on a downward trend. It's slow, but at least it's going in the right direction. My HR was 68 and my BP 96/72. She even commented on my hair. It has grown a lot in the last couple of months. My hair took a major hit while my meds were off. She still said that it might take time for my body to completely regulate from everything being off. My BMI is in a normal range so she wants me to keep doing what I have been doing. If I lose some weight, that will only be for my happiness since she feels everything is good. I told her that I added a short yoga session at night and she was happy with that. She saw a couple scratches on my arm and asked about them. They are from Cody. I told her that we got a puppy and she said that pets are good for people and their stress levels. (hmm, she hasn't met Cody, the puppy that transforms into the evil little Tasmanian devil at night ).

Diana3271
08-02-2013, 05:19 PM

Oxalis Good job on the .6. I tend to eat the same foods all the time. It makes it easier for me with calorie counting. When I eat different foods, that when the calories start adding up quickly. It's good that I don't get bored with my eating.

Diane69 Congrats on the 2 pounds! :carrot:

Psychic Good job staying on the move and keeping active.

Gonna Get There Soon No worries, it won't set you back. Today is a new day! Enjoy the laser show.

The Lauren We got a Boykin Spaniel. They are work! This is what they look like: http://www.lilypadboykins.com/PHOTOS.html

Jessica Good luck with counting your calories. You can do it.

Ian Sometimes weighing daily can hurt your feelings. But at least you can see trends and will eventually understand about sodium gains and daily fluctuations. Keep up the great work.

Laciemn Great plan for the day.

AlyN Gotta love those days when you are not all that hungry. That makes it so much easier.

Chronostasis
08-02-2013, 07:01 PM
Ian - Congrats on the 10k! You say you held back on speed, but that looks like a very respectable pace to me.

--------
I'm trying to get back on track after my short maintenance period/injury (gashed up my leg and part got infected).
Today: 1850 kcal
Exercise: Running is still out of the question right now, to my dismay. (Tried to run again today in flipflops, hurt a lot and broke open the wound again. :/) I'm getting awfully tired of sitting around though, so I did manage 2.4 miles walking on the treadmill today. Not much, but it's something. We'll see if I can do any biking tomorrow, if not I'll walk on the treadmill again.

vanchica
08-02-2013, 08:07 PM
Just trying to subscribe to this thread- had salad and diet cola for lunch :)

Matisse
08-02-2013, 08:23 PM
The scale is not bulging. It was +.4 lbs today, but I keep dropping inches at a constant pace. Taking measurements is the best decision I could have made. Otherwise, I would be discouraged.

B : Persian omelette with mushrooms, fresh herbs and scallions. Whole wheat toast. Latte.
S : Almonds, berries.
D : Corn on the cob. Lasagna with grilled zucchini instead of pasta (My parents loved it.) Red wine. Greek yogurt with rasberries and blueberries.

Still on the low side calorie-wise.

Diana, congrats on all your good health indicators. Did your doctor say anything about your blood pressure? I took my systolic blood pressure) higher number) three times and it was always between 92 and 97. Some health pages say it is too low. Others put the treshold at 90 mm Hg. I see that yours is under 100 mm Hg as well.

IanG - Good job on the 10 Km.

laciemn
08-02-2013, 08:47 PM
Diana, yes, it was a good plan. I took a leaf from Ian's book and had 2 beers (250 calories or so). Also, someone ate my pork chop! So I had 1/3 of a frozen pizza instead (350 calories).
It's all good. Not too bad, not too great. I'll try to remember to weigh in tomorrow.

Diana3271
08-02-2013, 10:58 PM

Chronostasis Sorry to hear about your leg getting hurt. I hope it heals soon and you can get back to your active life.

Vanchica Welcome back!

Matisse My blood pressure is always on the lower end. It will drop even lower when I'm hypothyroid and my meds are not enough. I think one time it was 90/low 60's. I want to try making lasagna with with zucchini soon.

Laciemn Hi :wave:

Diana3271
08-02-2013, 11:02 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner
Grilled chicken tenders 300 calories
3 orders turnip greens 300 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF TLC w/weighted gloves

Matisse
08-02-2013, 11:16 PM
Diana -

This is the recipe I used. http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/zucchini-lasagna.html

I made it with my mom's delicious freshly made spaghetti sauce instead. I used less mozzarella, but more reggiano to give it more of a kick and added a sliced tomato on top. There were fresh basil leaves at every layer on top of the cheese. Delicious and pretty if I dare say so...

TheLauren
08-02-2013, 11:18 PM
diana that's wonderful to hear about your health! I love spaniels. such beautiful animals. I got an Australian shepherd puppy, so I sympathize on the energy front. I took my girl to the dog park today for over an hour. when we got home she still wanted to play!

today went really well. I ate within my calorie range. I went to the gym and ended up doing a toning/dancing class. it was really high energy and lots of fun.

alaskanlaughter
08-03-2013, 12:59 AM
I am exhausted.....I know, I say that all the time lol...this week has been really busy (I know, what week isn't for me) but at least this week I KNOW everything has been done and taken care of, rather than wondering what ever happened to the issues that I gave a co-worker to take care of...we had a surprise state inspection yesterday too and thank goodness the inspector only checked the things that I said I was responsible for within the program....because if she had checked the things that my co-worker was "responsible" for, we would have failed the inspection....her side of things is a complete mess....

and when I say "busy" I mean literally ON THE GO from the time I walk in the door at 7:15 a.m. to the time I walk out....on Tuesday I left at 7 p.m. so it was about a 12-hour day....on Wednesday I left on time around 3 p.m....on Thursday I left at 5:45 p.m. and today I left on time around 3....i'm on my feet the whole time, I don't take breaks and I don't take lunch but I do eat some things on the go....I drink coffee for breakfast and occasionally for lunch

my feet were so sore by the end of today that I skipped buying a few things at the store that I needed because I didn't even want to walk that far lol

im looking forward to a more predictable and easier routine once the school year gets going again....I feel like i'm giving 150% every minute of every day at work and it's exhausting

I find myself thinking "wouldn't a drink be nice at the end of the day? a sparkly wine cooler sounds really good" which is WEIRD because I have never really drank, don't hang out with people who drink, and my sister has always struggled with alcohol so I tend to stay away from it on principle...I wonder if i'm just much much more tired and stressed than I even realize

Diana3271
08-03-2013, 08:29 AM
Good Morning and Happy Weekend to All! :wave:

Last night I added on: PM Yoga Meditations from Gael Chiarella Track-Restful and Rejuvenating Sleep

Weigh In: 158.8
Down: .2

Matisse Thank you for the link. I will check it out.

TheLauren Congrats on the great day! Gotta love it when everything comes together. :carrot:

Alaskanlaughter You very well could be more tired and stressed than you realize. Is there an option to find another position within the same business? I am still not fond of yoga, but maybe some very relaxing yoga at night might help you. Are you still doing the HIIT workouts? As you know I have been under a tremendous amount of stress. I have taken the intensity down (I'm not doing low intensity, just lower than I was) of my workouts down to help with the stress on my body. I am adding in very short yoga practices at night and it seems to help. I had a lot of stress on me this week and I seemed to be able to keep things in perspective and not let them overwhelm me like I would in the past. I truly hope things calm down some for you. Everyone needs a break sometime. Hang in there.

Have a great day!

Diane69
08-03-2013, 08:52 AM
Quick check in this morning, down 1.5lbs. Calories for yesterday were 848 cal and 114 calories burned per the livestrong site. I did a 1/2 hr workout on the treadmill. I feel good drinking a ton of water and eating clean.
Long weekend here this weekend, gonna try to get out on my horses and enjoy it! I have a puppy leaving to his new home today, my life will get a bit easier now and will have more time to focus on the two puppies I kept from a litter of 9. The last few months have been crazy busy with the puppies and I totally enjoyed it but its time now to focus on my weight and health.

oxalis
08-03-2013, 09:12 AM
Morning All!

Went out for dinner last night for a friend's birthday and overindulged. Generally, I think I've reconciled myself with the fluctuations of the scale but I am feeling a little fragile this morning so I'm choosing not to weigh in. I'm afraid it will send me into binge mode today (especially because we are going out for another friends birthday).

Diana: Congrats on your news!

today's weight: (nope, not doing it) :mad:
yesterday's calories: approx. 2,700 :mad:
yesterday's exercise: 1 hour on the cybex, approx. 630 c. burn

laciemn
08-03-2013, 09:15 AM
Weigh-in : 173.6 (-1.4 lbs).
Breakfast : 2 eggs, scrambled, with tomato.
(planned)
Lunch : 1 slice of pizza with salad.
Dinner : 6 oz ribeye with salad.

Psychic
08-03-2013, 11:14 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1405
Today's Weight: 172.6

B - Sandwich Thin w/ Laughing Cow Garlic & Herb, Chicken Breast Slices, and Cucumber + Cheddar Bay Biscuit
S - Pistachios
L - HC Ravioli & Chicken Marinara (only ate the ravioli) + Fiber One Chocolate Chip Bar + McDonald's SF Vanilla Iced Coffee
S - Coffee & Cream Chocolate Bar
D - Chicken Nuggets + Baked Dill Pickle Chips
S - Pork Rinds
Exercise: 20 Minutes Cardio + 30 Minutes Strength

Did fairly well yesterday with calories. I think my bloat is finally starting to go away. I've been drinking a lot of water with lemon. Hoping to see a drop tomorrow.

IanG
08-03-2013, 02:58 PM
Down 0.8lbs today. I hope there is more to come.

Breakfast: 2 pieces of toasted low calorie bread with raw mushrooms and mayo lite. Some olives. Coffee, milk no sugar.

Lunch: Salad with pan-seared scallops, cod roe, pickled herring, pickled garlic, maine cherrystone clams, spicy hummus, lettuce, tomato, onion, assorted mushrooms, corn, olives, sun-dried tomato, pickled onion.

Exercise: Ran 5 miles outside.

Matisse
08-03-2013, 10:01 PM
Hello everyone! I hope your weekend is pleasant.

I was so hungry yesterday. I spent half of the night in a hunger stupor, half sleeping, half dreaming. I told myself that it would be worth it because I would wake up lighter. The scale said +.4 lbs. :(

So I ate more today because very low calories and long bike runs have had little to no results.

B : Latte with nut bread and scrambled egg with mushroom and herbs. Greek yogurt and raspberries.
L : Spinach and crab salad with tomatoes and cucumber. Carrots. Peach and a few cherries.
D : Lasagna with grilled zucchini instead of pasta with a side dish of a spinach and tomato salad. A glass of white wine. A small piece of chocolate.

My guess 1200 - 1300 cal. since portions were small.

30 minutes of elliptical with HIIT. Light weight training.

foreverfaye
08-03-2013, 10:31 PM
Hey all,
I was on point for calories today: 1,291 but I missed the gym :( . I'm studying for medical licence exam which is in 4 days so I'm letting that take priority.

Diana3271
08-03-2013, 10:43 PM

Diane69 Good job on the 1.5 pounds. What kind of dogs/puppies do you have?

Oxalis Enjoy the birthday party!

Laciemn Congrats on the 1.4 pounds!

Psychic Hi :wave:

Ian Congrats on the .8 and for the 5 mile run.

Matisse You may need more calories to get things moving. The body is funny. Experiment with calories. Sometimes people lose better on more than less.

Foreverfaye Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: Congrats on your weight loss so far. Good luck with your exam.

Diana3271
08-03-2013, 10:49 PM
Total Approx 1730 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (340 Calories
Greek Yogurt 270 calories
cinnamon peaches 70 calories

Snack (195 calories)
Ricotta cheese 125 calories
cinnamon peaches 70 calories

Dinner (800 Calories)
6 steamed little neck clams 50 calories
6 steamed shrimp 50 calories
mahi mahi 200 calories
sugar snap peas 200 calories
Fried okra 300 calories

No exercise-took a rest day

Diane69
08-03-2013, 11:12 PM
I have Labrador retrievers. My hobby is showing and we breed a litter maybe once every two or three years. Only when I need to keep something for myself as my next show prospect. They are too much work to have them more often anyways :-)

vanchica
08-04-2013, 03:24 AM
Brkfst: Starbucks brkft sandwich (9)
Break: Cookie (3)
Lunch: 2 bananas and an orange
Dinner (Early) pasta and sauce (7)
tea with milk (3)

Extras; bread and PB (11)
S - 7.5

Total WW+ 40.5 (used 11.5 WP)

Diane69
08-04-2013, 08:42 AM
Down 1 lb this morning. I had a huge day yesterday and my body was tired. Rode 2 horses, walked 4 dogs and had a 1/2 hr workout on the treadmill. Cleaned the house.....oh yeah I was tired. Feel good this morning though.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

changeforme
08-04-2013, 08:47 AM
man I do not do well with having my schedule interrupted ... I didn't exercise like I normally do, didn't sleep well at all, didn't eat well. ugh. something I will definitely have to work on in the future. for now though, house guests are gone and there are no week long interruptions to my life on the horizon ... time to get back on plan and focus on getting me healthier :) hope you all have a happy sunday, today is my Monday and i'm off for a fun filled 12 hours at the hospital - woop woop!

Diana3271
08-04-2013, 08:49 AM

Last night I did: Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

Calories for yesterday: 1730 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 158.6

Diane69 Good job on the pound! Labs are wonderful! That is the only breed we have ever had, until now. Magnum (you can see a picture of us in my profile) was our baby. We have really struggled with his passing. He was the absolute best dog in the whole world. We decided on the Boykin since it's still a hunting dog (for my DH) and it's smaller. We are getting older and I was concerned about having to care for a bigger dog 10-15 years from now. Also, I didn't want another lab that we might compare to Magnum since he was the best. The Boykin is totally different and so we won't risk comparison. It wouldn't be fair for our "new baby".

vanchica Hi :wave:

Have a great day!

Diana3271
08-04-2013, 08:51 AM
changeforme I don't do well with schedule changes, either. Good job hanging in there. Do you volunteer at the hospital?

Diane69
08-04-2013, 09:19 AM
I totally understand your wanting a smaller breed, I often think of what breed I would have later in life. I like the King Charles Spaniels but I am not sure I want to do all the grooming :-( so for now I will stick with my labs.

Matisse
08-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Up .4 lbs again. On July 28th, I was 150.0 lbs, now I am 150.8 lbs a week later. It is not a huge gain, but I am doing all these efforts, eating right, feeling hungry at times and tired, working out and the scale is not moving. I can't figure out what is not working.

I am sedentary, I know this plays a role and I am trying to be more active.

Some ideas thrown in.

1) My weight gain may be related to IBS or interstitial cystitis because both illnesses involve inflammation and water retention. I feel pain, although a mild one. Often, my belly is hard from cramps.

2) I will start journaling calories to get as much information as possible. I have no idea what my base metabolism is. It has felt low for a long time, possibly because of my sedentary life. Diana, I am keeping in mind what you said regarding taking more calories and perhaps losing at a higher rate. It feels like at 5'3" with a sedentary lifestyle, I need to keep it in the low side. I also want to make sure that I am not misjudging calorie intake.

3) This week of mistifying results has been obsessing me. You have no idea how much I have been reading on the subject. This is the first time I try dieting while significantly upping my physical activity and I believe this is obscuring weight loss a little. Because I do feel my muscles getting stronger and harder. I was doing a bootcamp until mid-August and I wanted results.

Sorry for being such a number's queen! I will get more detached with experience.

Zima
08-04-2013, 12:15 PM
HI!

Yesterday was Saturday, and I take that night off of my diet because I usually get together with friends to drink and party. Up until the party, I only had 700 calories. During the party, I had alcohol and pizza and chocolate. Back on Track today!

I did an hour of light housework, 10 minutes of Lara Hudson's Rapid Results Pilates, and I jogged! Only for 1/4 mile, but I NEVER jog; I absolutely hate it. So I'm kind of proud of this. I WAS intoxicated at the time though....LOL.

IanG
08-04-2013, 07:50 PM
Down 0.4lbs today. I think I will get a whoosh tomorrow.

Breakfast: 2 pieces of toasted low calorie bread with raw mushrooms and mayo lite. Some olives. Coffee, milk no sugar.

Lunch: Salad with snails sauteed in garlic and parsley, pickled herring, pickled garlic, spicy hummus, lettuce, tomato, onion, assorted mushrooms, corn, olives, sun-dried tomato, pickled onion.

Exercise: Ran 5 miles outside.

Diana3271
08-04-2013, 08:43 PM

Diane69 Hi :wave: I hope you had a good day. There is nothing like the love of a lab. They are very dedicated family dogs. I have heard the same thing about Boykins. We'll see. ;)

Matisse Inflammation can cause water weight gain. I was having regular angioedema flare ups and felt very swollen. I started taking Aleve for a knee issue and I dropped several pounds of water weight. I felt very different and could tell it was inflammation. I continued taking it for a while but dropped down to 1 pill a day. I haven't taken the Aleve since Friday night. We'll see how that goes. I am always a science experiment. I highly recommend measuring/weighing foods. I have a hard time with serving sizes.

Zima Good job on the jogging and getting back on track today.

Ian Are you still enjoying your same foods? Some people get bored easily. My DH does and is always wanting "something different". As you have seen, I always eat the same foods.

Diana3271
08-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Total Approx 1370 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (275 Calories)
Raw bar thingy 275 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Chicken salad wrap 400 calories
fruit cup 100 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Upper Body Weights Premix w/#5's
Kathy Smith Project You Fat Burning Long Lean

IanG
08-04-2013, 09:39 PM
Thanks Diana. I am a creature of habit, so tend to eat the same stuff.

However, I am getting a little bit more nutrition obsessed now rather than just diet obsessed. Earlier on in my diet, all I used to do was try to keep the calories and portion sizes down. Now I am trying to mix it up a bit to get good nutrients in a low calorie way. I need to because I am working out so much. My big thing at the moment is oily fish. I am adding this to my salads. So I am trying all the gourmet combinations I can. I am learning that there is so much tasty food out there that is good for you. Tomorrow, I will be eating mackeral with my salad. Can't wait. The day after eel. Perhaps baby scallops on Wednesday. It's a lot of fun finding interesting foods that are good for you. But everything I eat now, I check whether there is a health benefit or not. If not, then it's a no-go. Beer, of course, remains an important exception.

Lunch herring...looks weird but tasty and good for you!

http://featurefoods.com/images/products/Herring_Lunch.png

Diana3271
08-04-2013, 10:05 PM
Ian I love a variety of seafood. I'm glad you are enjoying it, too. I also try to get the most nutrition out of my food. In my morning omelet I try to get a rainbow of colors for my veggies etc. It's fun finding new and nutritious foods. For lunch today I had that raw bar thingy. Last weekend I had a huge serving of kale with some black eye peas and sausage. Good job analyzing your food and finding healthy options.

alaskanlaughter
08-05-2013, 12:52 AM
ian - nothing like fresh Alaskan seafood!! maybe someday you will have the chance to come to Alaska and catch some!

Diana - I think i'm just struggling with fatigue in general....diet fatigue...I really don't give a crap what I eat but i'm still logging it and attempting for about 1500 calories...i'm too exhausted physically, mentally and even emotionally to frankly give a crap about my diet....I haven't gained weight over the summer, maybe 2-3 pounds at the most although it's hard to tell when the scale fluctuates like crazy but it used to fluctuate between 182-185 and now it fluctuates between 187-189.....who knows and honestly i'm too mentally exhausted to really care :(.....I cant wait til the summer is over...one and a half more weeks of this intensive summer program....sometimes I eat a lot, sometimes I eat a little....I can go all day at work without eating a bite some days....other days I live on coffee....other days I eat anything in sight at work...and since I also run the food program (part of my program) I have access to an incredible amount of good and not-really-nutritious foods to eat...if I don't have access to sugar, i'm starting to want a drink instead...I used to LOVE my evening wine coolers but that was at least 14 years ago

my one and only rest day (today) was marred by TONS of drama that I got roped into :( my goal today was to be gentle with myself and get some rest....instead I felt incredibly sad, depressed and exhausted all day no matter how much I sat around and did nothing....my car has a flat tire so now I have to deal with that tomorrow....I don't know how i'm going to muster the energy to get up at 5 a.m. for a hard workout in the morning....I just want to sit down, turn invisible, and not have any responsibility for awhile

sorry this turned into a vent....I just have to figure out how to get it all done with work and family responsibility, plus get back on track with losing weight and continuing my hard workouts....right now I feel like i'm being slowly crushed by the weight (pun intended) of it all

Zima
08-05-2013, 01:42 AM
Diana, I did a Kathy Smith: Project You DvD today as well! I did the 30 minute Upper Body/Core routine.

I consumed 1,365 Calories.

lilmisschattabox
08-05-2013, 04:50 AM
I haven't been feeling the best physically so it's been very hard to concentrate on diet. I really think I need to start introducing some exercise for my wellbeing, but I'm struggling with lack of time time and an abudance of fatigue. It's a catch 22 - I know the exercise will make me feel better, but I haven't been able to force myself to do it. August is a new month I guess!

Diana how's Cody settling in?
Matisse do you suffer from interstitial cystitis also?
Alaskanlaughter I feel you! That is so me right now! Hope your week gets better!!

Diana3271
08-05-2013, 07:04 AM

Last night I added on:
Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Calories for yesterday: 1370 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 157.8
Down: .8

Alaskanlaughter I still recommend yoga. There was a recent report about people only doing yoga and losing weight. I haven't read the whole thing. Anyways, it talked about reduced cortisol, etc. The stress produces the cortisol and won't allow you to drop weight. I think the cortisol causes a whole host of problems (side effects) probably similar to what you are feeling. Hang in there.

Zima I like her Full Body Circuit workout, too. I think Project You is a good well rounded program, although I haven't done the whole Program. :lol: Have you.

lilmisschattabox I hope you get to feeling better. Maybe you can try a short 15 minute walk. Cody is doing well. He seems to have calmed down some. Thank goodness. ;) Today we have a Vet visit for our 2nd round of shots. Wish me luck with that one.

Have a great day!

changeforme
08-05-2013, 08:04 AM
well I was on plan ... until I came home from work and was hungry and would not stop eating. the upshot is that I know this 'uncontrolled' eating was actually way way way more controlled than I used to be. and honestly a fraction of the calories I would have let myself consume a few months ago. so I guess, in the grand scheme of things, that is progress even though I felt disappointed in myself.

Diana - i'm not a volunteer, i'm actually an er nurse and you never know what the shift will bring

alaskanlaughter - big hugs, big big hugs. I wish I could come give you a break, even if it's just long enough for a hot shower and a quiet moment. I hope these last few weeks fly by for you. try to be gentle with yourself, at least you know there's an end date

matisse - feeling your muscles get stronger is awesome! hang on to that feeling when the scale is hanging on to water :)

oxalis
08-05-2013, 08:16 AM
Good Morning All!

Forgot to check-in yesterday, so I included it below :)

Sunday's Weight: 135.3 (down .5)
Saturday's Calories: 1,800
Saturday's Exercise: 2 hours at the gym doing various cardio, approx. 900 c. burn

today's weight: 135.8 (up .5)
yesterdays calories: 1,500
yesterdays calories: 1 hour at the gym on the cybex, approx. 675 c. burn

Matisse
08-05-2013, 11:21 AM
lilmisschattabox - Yes, I do. I am not in crisis at the moment though, but it's far from perfect either. Do you? It's a b*tch of an illness.

I have good news to report but no time to talk about food.

149.4 lbs this morning - so the much wanted and expected 40's at last.

- 1.4 lbs since yesterday
- 0.6 lbs since my lowest

My first two mini goals reached.

- First five pounds lost.
- The 140's again.

Yay!!!!! Yay!!!

I am going cycling near the Saint-Lawrence River here this afternoon.

http://www.sebka.ca/w/images/stories/top/p2.jpg

Life is bad. ;-)

IanG
08-05-2013, 11:44 AM
I so love Alaskan seafood Alaskanlaughter. You are so lucky to have it there.

I like the rainbow of colors Diana. That's a sure sign food is healthy.

Anyway, down 1.0lb today.

Lunch: Salad with mackeral, pickled herring, pickled garlic, spicy quails eggs, hummus, lettuce, tomato, assorted mushrooms, kidney beans, radish, carrot, asparagus, salmon roe, argula, cauliflower, beet, chick peas, blueberries (I am trying to get some fruits into my salads).

Exercise: Did 50 minutes of weight training. Am about to run 5 miles on the treadmill before lunch.

Diane69
08-05-2013, 12:16 PM
Morning checkin for myself. Down 1 lb. yesterday was busy I managed to ride just 1 horse before the rain started got all 6 dogs walked and a 1/2 hr on the treadmill. I maxed out my 1200 calories for the day but I burned nearly 400. Very happy so far, full of energy and can't wait to be back in the 160's!

Have a great day everyone, make it count!

AlyN
08-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Afternoon check in! This weekend was really crazy for me... My dog is having a procedure done today at the vet and her heart is going to have to be monitored for the next several months so I spent most of the weekend preparing for this week, and cutting her hair, nails, giving her a bath etc. And trying to spend time with my sweetie!
Anyways. Saturday I did okay... 1334 in calories, not great, but sometimes I need to bump up the calories so my body doesn't get used to this routine and plateau. Sunday I did 1222.
I didn't do any exercise this weekend other than running around cleaning and bathing my dog!
Today I'm doing well! 20 minutes on the elliptical, 5 minute walk (to and from the gym)
Breakfast: Boathouse Farms Green Goodness 8oz
Lunch: Shrimp & Angel Hair Pasta in a Creamy Seafood Sauce
Snacks: Cheese stick, homemade apple banana oatmeal cookies (no flour, oil, egs, or sugar!)
Dinner: Boca Burger with sauteed veggies of my choice!

Edit: Oh yeah! Down .8 pounds! 225 on the nose.

jessica2231
08-05-2013, 02:12 PM
Moring everyone.

Im doing not so well but much better than i have been doing.
I am getting used to planning my meals again. Also remembering the triggers that cause me to over eat. Or how when I goto work late and wake up late it gives me no time to make my meals so it throws off the day. So i am reminded of making my plan a habit and sticking to it. :)

Syckgirlsfv
08-05-2013, 03:55 PM
Have I mentioned that it's best for me to check in every day, no matter what?!?!? I am so busy at work I don't get the chance, but I fall off track every time. GRRRR...:stress:

So I'm over 160...water weight I'm sure as I've been eating a little off plan and having cocktails lately. Yesterday we went to HB (huntington beach) to visit my mom because my sis is here from France with my nephews and bro-in-law, and lots of other family came, too...aunts, uncles, cousins and second cousins, Gramma - we had cheese and crackers, fruit, chicken kale lasagna, ice cream...and last night a few shots of vodka. Oh yeah, and a few shots on Saturday night, and 2 on Friday night! :devil: Liquor never ceases to make me hold water! So now begins the work of dropping it!

Breakfast - nectarine
Lunch - salad with romaine lettuce, a little shredded cabbage, feta cheese, 3 slices deli ham, scrambled egg substitute, light olive oil vinaigrette.

That's it so far...doing pretty good. I'm too busy to eat! Dinner will be boneless country pork ribs and mushrooms in the pressure cooker...yum!

WINE! :cheers:

Syckgirlsfv
08-05-2013, 05:28 PM
I now must add the slice of Subway sammich I just had - wheat bread, roast beef, cheese and no condiments just jalapeños :)

I didn't eat breakfast until almost 11 this morning and it was just a nectarine so I'm ok with it. Gym tonight!

Zima
08-05-2013, 09:11 PM
Today, I had 350 calories for breakfast/lunch, then ruined my diet by going to Old Country Buffet with my family. Oh well, not eating anymore today.

This morning, I went on a half hour walk. This evening, I took a short walk, then I did Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack abs lvl 1 (35 minutes) and Hip Hop Abs Cardio Groove which is 40 minutes of cardio dance/aerobics.

Diana3271
08-05-2013, 09:44 PM

Changeforme An ER nurse is tough, but I'm sure it's always interesting. Good job noticing the positive changes your are making.

Oxalis It's like a seesaw, LOL down one day, up the next, down the next. ;) Great workouts!

Matisse Congrats on the 140's! How was your bike ride. It looks like a beautiful area!

Ian Good job on the pound! You got a great variety in today! :carrot:

Diane Congrats on the pound and for staying active!

Alyn Congrats on the .8. Sending positive thoughts to your dog today. I hope everything went well.

Jessica Good job on noticing the improvements you are making. Keep building on those good days.

Syckgirlsfv Good job checking in and working to get back on track. :carrot:

Zima I'm sure you didn't do as bad as you thought. Good job getting those workouts in.

Diana3271
08-05-2013, 09:52 PM

We had a new "healthy" restaurant open up. I mentioned to DH about going a couple weeks ago. DH turned his nose up at it. Then out of the blue today he surprised me and asked if I wanted to go. I didn't want to turn him down since he brought it up and wanted to go for me. I was scared because I am used to eating a certain way and I was not sure what they would have for their dinner menu. It's not a set menu, it changes daily. I made the best choice I could but it was still different food than I normally order. I mainly stick with grilled protein and veggies. Of course I am also concerned about the sodium. Any gain would be from sodium since I ate in moderation and I did well with that.

Total Approx 1580 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (800 Calories)
This is all a guesstimate since it's foods/preparations that I don't normally eat
Shared salad w/DH 100 calories
grilled salmon 300 calories
a beet salad thingy 100 calories
lentils 150 calories
shared a dark chocolate/white chocolate pudding thingy w/DH 150 calories

Exercise:
4 Mile Mall Walk

Matisse
08-05-2013, 10:38 PM
G'night everyone!

The bike ride was so pretty, Diana! The Saint-Lawrence River which is about 10 miles wide in this area was 10 feet away and so blue. We saw ducks and herons and the view of the mountains on the other side is to die for.

Here is what I ate today.

B : One Belgian bread toast, topped with cooked spinach, a three minute egg, dices of tomato and Parmesan Reggiano. Latte. Half an avocado. A peach.
S : An apple, a couple of almonds.
D : In a restaurant with a delicious burger that was on the healthy side. A salad and a pint of beer.

Not expecting much from the scale tomorrow, but I had a good time. Diana, I hope that you enjoyed your night out.

Diana3271
08-06-2013, 07:05 AM

Last night I added on: 1/2 of Anxiety Relief from Yoga for Stress Relief

This was a longer premix, so I only did about 1/2 of it. Hopefully the DVD player will pick back up where I stopped it.

Calories for yesterday: 1580 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 158.6
Up: .8

I am up on the scale what I lost yesterday. Hopefully this will be the only gain from last night. I always seems to have a weird carry over 2nd day gain. We'll see how it goes.

Matisse The bike ride sounds awesome. Glad you enjoyed it.

Have a great day!

oxalis
08-06-2013, 07:55 AM
Good Morning!

Just checking in :)

today's weight: 136.0 (up .2)
yesterdays calories: 1,345
yesterdays exercise: no gym; house cleaning

Diane69
08-06-2013, 08:11 AM
Good Morning everyone! Daily check in Down .5 this morning. Total of 9 lbs down for this first week, super happy with that :-) back to work today, always do better when I'm busy at work with my diet. No snacking :-)

Psychic
08-06-2013, 09:35 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1361

B - Butter Pecan Ensure + Baguette
L - LC Spinach Artichoke Ravioli + Kashi Dark Chocolate Coconut Granola Bar
S - Clementine + Light String Cheese
D - Spring Mix w/ Cucumbers, Carrots, Chicken Breast, and Guacamole + Baguette
S - Coffee & Cream Chocolate Bar
Exercise: 20 Minutes Cardio (app. 140 calories burned) + 30 Minutes Strength (app. 115 calories burned)

Been busy lately at home and work. My calories were up a bit over the weekend. Working on getting back in control now.

KaylaRenee
08-06-2013, 09:43 AM
This is day 6 of my first week.
My goal is to lose between 5 and 7 pounds a month.
I have a limit of 1230 calories/day and have cut out sodas completely.
I am so excited to start my journey.

Radiojane
08-06-2013, 11:37 AM
Hi guys! I'm back from vacation and just getting into the swing of things again. I hit the one year mark on August 1st, and I think I did pretty well in my first 365. I consider today a fresh start on the next year!

I'm at 377.2 today, water from vacation and a very bad head cold. I sat steady at 372 for a good portion of my vacation.

Will be back tomorrow to track! Have a great day!

abidabbi
08-06-2013, 12:31 PM
Hey everyone, going to hop on in again. Started Slimming world yesterday, so far so good. Nervous about the fact I'm not hungry because that usually means I'm eating too much but my SW diary says I'm doing ok with free foods, syns etc. Bring it on. I'd like to have lost 7lb by the end of the month. Cycling to work and back 4x a week on average (about 32 miles in total). Also started karate this time last year and doing a three hour training session once a week. New job. It's all go! Today I have had: two slices wholemeal bread, 2x mini babybel, a jacket potato, beans and a yogurt. For dinner I'm planning on butternut squash bubble and squeak. (zero syns on SW yey!).

IanG
08-06-2013, 02:00 PM
No change today.

Lunch: Salad with smoked eel, pickled herring, pickled garlic, spicy quails eggs, hummus, lettuce, tomato, mushrooms, kidney beans, corn, white beans, carrot, salmon roe, argula, beet, feta cheese, blueberries.

Exercise: Did 50 minutes of weight training. Ran 5 miles on the treadmill before work.

laciemn
08-06-2013, 04:18 PM
So, I haven't checked in! No fear though, still on plan. I went to my friend's house on Sunday and was nervous about what to eat. We eat different diets and usually tend to want to eat out or eat sweets later while watching TV. This time, however, was different!My friend was doing a weight loss competition at work and was super-serious. We ate really healthy (salads, tofu stir fry, a couple greek yogurts, fruit, eggs). We went to IHOP and we both got the 350 calorie veggie omelet. We even worked out together! It was a lot of fun. I did have a couple of ounces of sake last night, but that's pretty much it! I decided not to weigh myself until the end of August to be surprised :).

AlyN
08-06-2013, 04:53 PM
Diana327 Thank you so much! She's doing great!! She was so glad to get home yesterday. The vet said for this next week that I can even take her on walks! Next monday when she goes back to the vet is when we'll really have to monitor her heart! :( Poor thing.

Yesterday I finished with 1031 and wasn't hungry so I decided not to push it.

Today's exercise: 20 minute walk around the track with my lovely doggie. 20.5 minutes on the elliptical doing interval training. At least a 5 minute walk to and from the track, and then to and from the gym... at least.

Today I slept in a little and it was great! :)
Breakfast 4oz of Boathouse Farms Green Goodness
Lunch: 1/2 an avocado mixed with light tuna (in water) with a little pickle, cracked pepper, and mustard on a Whole Grain 100 calorie Sandwich Thin Round
Dinner: Making homemade fajitas! 4oz of chicken, with grilled yellow, orange, and red peppers. Put on two small tortillas topped with homemade salsa!
100 calorie pack of guacamole with 8 tortilla chips
Dessert: No fat homemade chocolate pudding with almond milk Or Probiotic Pomegranate Keifer Pops
Snacks: Homemade banana/oatmeal/apple cookies, Homemade Peach Greek Frozen Yogurt Drops

Usually my snacks tend to be salty but ever since starting this diet and trying my darndest to eat healthily I've had quite the sweet tooth! lol

Down to 224.6 today! :) I also took my measurements since I've started...
Bust went from 46" to 44.5"
Waist went from 41" to 39"
Hips went from 54" to 52"
Rear went from 54.5" to 54" (the booty isn't moving much! lol)
Arms went from 19" to 16 1/2"
Thighs went from 29" to 27"
Neck went from 15.5" to 15"
Thought I'd share! I was really excited to see the progress my body has made!

Syckgirlsfv
08-06-2013, 06:22 PM
quick drive by:
B - skipped :( no time
L - salad w/deli ham, feta, tomato, cabbage, romain, vinaigrette
S - ice cream sundae bar at work - chocolate and vanilla ice cream, nuts, marshmallow cream, cherries, oreo crumbs, 2 mini cookies, whipped cream :'(
I did keep the toppings in small amounts...but whatever it was stressful today as nothing was working right with our system.

Dinner is going to be either salmon patties or pork...hubby got bloodwork back from physical today and they didn't like the results for his liver...did an ultrasound and he has liver fat. Got to put him on a diet now! He has to cut his alcohol consumption in half, they said, and lose 10% of his body weight. Maybe now it will be easier for me!

Diana3271
08-06-2013, 09:12 PM

Oxalis House cleaning is hard work!

Diane Congrats on the .5 and 9 pounds.

Psychic Great job at the gym.

KaylaRenee Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Radiojane Welcome back! I was just thinking about you today.

Abidabbi Hi and Welcome back! :welcome2:

Ian Weight training and 5 miles is a lot!

Laciemn Sounds like you both did a great job!

Alyn I'm glad your little one is doing well. Great job on your weigh in and measurements.

Syckgirlsfv I hope your DH can make the necessary changes. Liver problems is nothing to play with. Sending good thoughts his way.

Diana3271
08-06-2013, 09:14 PM
Total Approx 1480 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
2 Grilled Chicken tacos 600 calories
sauce 100 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Circuit Burn Cardio/Boxing Premix w/#1 hand weights.

Matisse
08-06-2013, 09:17 PM
Hi everyone!

Today's calories : 1202 cal. - Tried to bring it above 1200. :o
Weight was 150 lbs and without giving TMI, I was fine with that.

B : Latte, oatmeal with blueberries. One peach.
L : Smoked sturgeon and crab flavoured pollock salad with tomatoes, cucumber, radishes, avocado and spinach.
D : Grilled chicken with yellow string beans and rice. 3 oz of white wine. Greek yogurt with blueberries.

Exercise : 1/2 hour of tennis.

Question : My breakfast and lunch were 500 cal. and I could not play tennis without getting dizzy and weak. It was hot too. Am I allocating my calories wrong? Should I save more calories for breakfast and lunch?

Sorry for asking so many questions. If it is more appropriate to start a personal thread. I'll do it gladly. Thanks.

Diane69
08-06-2013, 10:17 PM
I was told more protein before exercise?

Zima
08-06-2013, 10:21 PM
Hello!

8/6/13

Food: 1,190 Calories

Exercise: 1:00 PM-20 minute bike ride. 7:30 PM: 1 hour Kickboxing Bootcamp Class

Matisse: Did you drink enough water? Also, maybe you need to consume more carbs before you workout? Not sure, but maybe those things will help.

alaskanlaughter
08-07-2013, 01:09 AM
I am still here...I ran this morning at the gym...then I worked all day straight through, then I hauled a lot of food for my school program from one school to another, did an interview with an applicant for an open position in my program, ran the evening staff meeting, gave someone a ride home, went to the store, and made dinner...

im trying to just be gentle with myself these last two weeks of the summer program....not pushing myself intensely at the gym, not pressuring myself to get all 3829 things done at work in the next hour, being aware of calories but not beating myself up mentally if I go over 1500, trying to get to bed on time....

I also have pain on the left side of my face again....I "think" it's a sinus thing because i'm also sneezy, itchy eyes and popping ear canals...it hurt to eat hot and cold on that side today but the pain didn't start right away, but like 10 minutes or so after eating hot/cold...it was weird...the pain lingered most of the day but seemed to subside after I took a Sudafed....on the left side of my face, sinus infections and root canal problems feel EXACTLY the same so i'm just keeping an eye on it

lilmisschattabox
08-07-2013, 04:48 AM
Very busy week at work but I'm feeling a bit better this week so easier to stay in good spirits. I have been a bit off plan with my eating but trying to rain it in. Had a pretty good day today food wise, now just need to not give in to the after dinner snacking!

Matisse yup, I too share the joys of interstitial cystitis. I'm not too bad at the moment either, but yes, it really really sucks. :(

Diana3271
08-07-2013, 07:50 AM

Last night I added on: The last 1/2 of Anxiety Relief from Yoga for Stress Relief

Calories for yesterday: 1480 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 158.4

Matisse I had to experiment with how I divided my calories though out the day. Originally I divided them evenly with the 3 meals. Then I realized that I kept going over my dinner calories. If you need more calories around the time you workout, allocate your calories appropriately for you. Maybe you can cut a few calories (50 calories from each meal) and have a small protein bar. Experiment to see what works best.

Diane :wave:

Zima I enjoy kickboxing. Did you like the class?

alaskanlaughter I like the idea of being gentle on yourself. Sometimes we need that. Hang in there.

lilmisschattabox Good news that you are feeling better. :carrot:

Have a great day!

Diane69
08-07-2013, 09:07 AM
Down another .5 :-) I have an older scale that weighs only in .5 increments so that is why you will never see a .2 or .6 ect. Drop. I am too cheap to replace it until it breaks. So I always keep it in my head that if the scale doesn't show a lose it doesn't always mean that I haven't had a lose.

Have a great day everyone, wishing you all great weigh ins! Make everyday count!

Psychic
08-07-2013, 09:17 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1717

B - Canadian Bacon, Egg White, and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich + String Cheese
S - Fiber One Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar
L - Wendy's JBC + Wendy's Value Fry + Wendy's Medium Unsweetened Strawberry Tea
S - Sixlets + String Cheese
D - Casserole w/ Ricotta, Noodles, Beef, Zucchini, Sauce and Cheese
S - Parmesan Crisps + String Cheese
S - Kashi Dark Chocolate Coconut Bar
Exercise: Walking - Slow Pace, 20 Minutes

Definitely did not do so well yesterday. I was just hungry all day for some reason and the frozen dinner I brought was disgusting, so I got fast food. Gym again today. I'll need to work some of the greasy fast food off from yesterday.

oxalis
08-07-2013, 10:02 AM
Good Morning All!

I've been eating so poorly (just too much) the past few days, but my weight is still staying consistent thank god.

today's weight: 136.0 (no change)
yesterday's calories: 2,500
yesterday's exercise: hour walk/run/hills outside approx. 300 c. burn

Matisse
08-07-2013, 10:08 AM
Thanks everyone for your answers. You gals - I assume - are awesome.

Zima - I do not think that water is the issue. My body gets out of whack if I do not drink enough.

alaskanlaughter - Be kind to yourself. You are doing awesome with your job. Sometimes, maintaining is as good an objective as any.

Radiojane
08-07-2013, 11:44 AM
Good morning! I didn't get any exercise in yesterday but I was around 1600 calories. I did good all day and then had way too many reece's cups last night. I'm fighting a cold and trying to play catch up in my house before my busy work season starts, so I'm not beating myself up about the exercise thing right now. I will try to get to yoga tomorrow.

Yesterday calories in:1594
Goat meat stew
paleo tikka masala
spinach and kale greens
green beans
roast duck
reece's cups
rooibos tea.

IanG
08-07-2013, 01:58 PM
Up 1.8 fricking pounds today. Wow.

Lunch: Salad with small scallops in a galician sauce, pickled herring, pickled garlic, spicy quails eggs, garlic hummus, lettuce, tomato, mushrooms, green beans, corn, carrot, salmon roe, argula, strawberries.

Dinner: Will drink beer (Stone RuinTen).

Exercise: Did 50 minutes of weight training in the morning. Ran 5 miles on the treadmill before lunch.

AlyN
08-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Hello everyone!

Finished in yesterday at 1173 calories

Breakfast
1 cup of cantaloupe 54 calories
1/2 cup no fat cottage cheese 70 calories

Lunch
Pretzel chicken and veggie sandwich for 280 calories

Dinner
Spinach chicken roll (made with a lean chicken breast) with dreamfields low glycemic pasta

Snacks
Homemade peach frozen yogurt drops (100 calories)

Dessert
No fat chocolate pudding with almond milk

Looking to drink at least 8 cups (64 oz of water) I'm down 3 cups! Need to get a move on.

Exercise for today: Playing Kinect tonight with the hubby! Maybe walking around the track with my dog? Cleaning up the house!

Syckgirlsfv
08-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Hi :wave:

getting back in to posting my food...it's a GOOD thing! :p

dinner last night ended up being a salmon patty, plus I sauteed some zucchini in coconut oil as a side. Also some vermicelli (the kind made with peas and green beans) :dizzy: FANTASTIC! And good for hubby ;) A glass of wine at bedtime and that was it!

Breakfast - low carb tortilla with 3 slices of deli herbed turkey breast and a slice of light jarlsberg, plus a little packet of mayo

Lunch - leftover pork I had pressure cooked with whole mushrooms and a can of rotel, and some zucchini I had sauteed in coconut oil from last night.

S - nectarine

Dinner - need to find out what the hubby wants, but probably some chicken sausage that has some pineapple and bacon in it. A very SMALL amount of bacon! :angel: We read that legumes are great for someone with FLD, so I'll make either kidney beans or black beans with salsa. Steamed broccoli or baby bella mushrooms to go with :cool:

Wine for me at bedtime! PEACE. :halffull:

abidabbi
08-07-2013, 04:35 PM
Heya everyone! Quick update...on plan today, had: Yogurt, two slices wholemeal bread, two babybel, the leftover bubble and squeak (which turned out epic!), some couscous, a baked potato and a small tin beans. I'm driving the 200 miles home tomorrow night and will weigh in on Friday morning. Starting weight is a tad uncertain because I don't bring my scales with me to Oxford (I have a tendency to become obsessed). The way I figure it, whatever the scales say on Friday will be my effective starting weight and I'll weigh once a week from then. Cycled to work. Resisted popcorn at the cinema and bought ZERO BAD STUFF on my way home!

Another aim for me this month is to cook more. I'm not bad at cooking but I need to make the time. Love to all, have a good day x

laciemn
08-07-2013, 05:44 PM
Ian, don't be discouraged! Who knows what the weight gain was caused by?

B: 1 egg & salad greens
L: Nothing :( Was out & busy.
D: 2 beers, BIG portion of tofu stir fry, salad.

Overall: Not bad, although I overate near the end of the day and feel very sleepy now.

Syckgirlsfv
08-07-2013, 06:05 PM
So I've just now ordered a juicer! Juicing is supposed to be so healthy, and it's one of the ways to get a lot of raw fruits and veggies in a day. The poor hubby has been reading and studying like crazy about how to reverse fat on the liver, and juicing is supposed to help. So I get to juice, too! :carrot:

here's to being super healthy!!! :cp::dancer::yes::broc:

FatCroat
08-07-2013, 06:13 PM
I just saw Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead last night and juicing is featured prominently, so I've spent all of today on Amazon looking up different juicer ratings etc :D

I think that will be a gift to myself when I lose 20lbs. I don't want to spend all that money on it if I'm going to not stick with this for a while.

Syckgirlsfv
08-07-2013, 07:07 PM
I just saw Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead last night and juicing is featured prominently, so I've spent all of today on Amazon looking up different juicer ratings etc :D

I think that will be a gift to myself when I lose 20lbs. I don't want to spend all that money on it if I'm going to not stick with this for a while.

I ordered one from Amazon.com for $199, it's a 900 watt Breville that the hubs picked out. He's really going to try! He is so blessed to have caught this issue early on, while it's reversible...and I will benefit from it as well. I want to see that Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead! I think I'll look on Amazon...:D

Erika79
08-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Hey guys! Mind if I hop in for the first time? Read back a few pages to see what the thread is all about- looks like you guys posting your daily foods to keep accountability? :) I'm game. Just finished for the night, so...

Weight: 150.2 (up .8 since yesterday. I weigh daily and Tuesdays are my high calorie day, so typically up some the next day).

Total Calories- 1450

Breakfast- (154)
Bowl of yogurt w/ slivered almonds
Black coffee

Lunch- (452)
Grilled chicken breast w/ BBQ sauce
Green smoothie (banana, peaches, yogurt, flaxseed PB, spinach, milk)
BBQ chips

Dinner- (550)
Rice and homemade tikka masala
Celery w/ Oikos yogurt cuke dill dip

Snacks (294)
Green pepper w/ Oikos yogurt cuke dill dip
Popcorn, buffao cheddar
Fudge bar, no sugar added
String Cheese

Exercise- 1 mile run

Diana3271
08-07-2013, 10:07 PM

Diane Great job on the .5! :carrot:

Psychic Good job with the gym!

Oxalis You may be eating at a maintenance range. Good job maintaining.

Matisse :wave:

Radiojane I hope you don't catch a cold. Feel better soon.

Ian I wonder if you had a sodium gain from the pickled foods? I don't remember what you had yesterday. Those types of foods have more sodium.

Alyn Good job on your day.

Syckgirlsfv Good job on the food posting. Have fun juicing.

Abidabbi Good job on your day.

Laciemn Hi :wave:

FatCroat Hi and Welcome to the check-in. :welcome2:

Erika Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Diana3271
08-07-2013, 10:12 PM

Today was my monthly hair cut/color. For many years we went to the Japanese restaurant after our appointment. We haven't gone there in a few months. We decided to go tonight. The food was a lot saltier than I remember it. I haven't had any type of Chinese or Japanese food in this time. I'm probably just not used to it. I'm sure I will have a sodium gain from the food.

Total Approx 1580 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (800 Calories)
Teriyaki beef 400 calories
fried rice 400 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60

Matisse
08-07-2013, 10:27 PM
Hello everyone and holla to Erika who is my doppleganger weight wise. I was 150.2 lbs this morning after a low of 149.4 lbs on Tuesday.

Diana, :broc: right back at ya'!

B : latte.
L : crab flavoured pollock salad with avocado, tomatoes, cucumber and spinach.
S : half a beer on a lovely sail boat ride, an apple.
D : chicken skewers, couscous salad with legumes, yellow string beans. A tiny glass of wine. Frozen yogurt.

Exercise : nothing. I parked my *** on a sailboat and let the knowledgeable people take charge. It was soooo gorgeous!

Tomorrow, I try overnight oats for breakfast.

PS - I am now ripe enough for a ticker!

IanG
08-07-2013, 10:31 PM
Hmm. I could certainly dine with you Matisse. Nice.

I'm adding some fruit to my salads by the way. Thanks for that.

Syckgirlsfv
08-07-2013, 11:01 PM
ok, so today's been going well :)

had a piece of string cheese when I got home for snack, it was my late day at work so I didn't exercise...but yesterday we did a 10 mile L.A. River bike ride around 6 pm. :bike2: Also had celery with peanut butter at work.

Dinner = chicken sausage (pineapple and bacon), kidney beans with avocado tomatillo salsa, fresh steamed broccoli. That's it! :D I may have a little ice cream later, and my usual glass of bedtime wine! :cheers:

Zima
08-08-2013, 12:43 AM
Hey guys :)

Calories: 1,460

Exercise: 10:00 am I did my weekly full body sculpt class. 6:30 PM I did my weekly 1 1/2 hours of rollerskating at the roller rink. So fun, and such a good workout!

Diana, I like cardio kickboxing, but this is one of those bootcamp classes with the punching bag and then circuit training. It's one hour of absolute torture that I subject myself to once a week, but I love it when it's over! I feel like I really accomplished something.

Erika79
08-08-2013, 06:33 AM
Hello everyone and holla to Erika who is my doppleganger weight wise. I was 150.2 lbs this morning after a low of 149.4 lbs on Tuesday.

:wave:

Diana3271
08-08-2013, 07:21 AM

Last night I added on: Lullaby with the Breath from Gael Chiarella's PM Yoga Meditations

Last night as I was getting ready for bed and I noticed that I didn't take my AM meds. That means I didn't take my morning antihistamine for the angioedema. Yesterday I was having itchy places (hives) during the day. I didn't really think much about it because it does happen, even with the antihistamine. Of course I took my PM medicine but it wasn't enough to combat the swelling that I had without it. I was originally worried over the sodium from the Japanese food. I normally gain a pound or a little more. So I deduct: no antihistamine + high sodium Japanese food = a disaster for my weigh in. :lol:

Calories for yesterday: 1580 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 161
Up: 2.6 pounds

Enjoy your day!

Psychic
08-08-2013, 08:08 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1282
Today's Weight: 172.8

B - Canadian Bacon, Egg White, and Cheese on Whole Grain Muffin + Parmesan Cheese Crisps
S - Iced Toffee Coffee Pouch w/ Almond Milk
L - LC Garlic Chicken Spring Rolls + Stila Oat Clusters
S - Pistachios
D - Sandwich Thin w/ Sliced Chicken Breast, Guacamole, and Swiss + Parmesan Crisps + Colby Jack Cheese
S - Lime Flavored Tortilla Chips + String Cheese
Exercise: 35 Minutes Cardio (app. 250 Calories) + 15 Minutes Strength (app. 55 Calories)

I did so well yesterday, even drank extra water, but I still had a gain! Its so frustrating when that happens.

Erika79
08-08-2013, 08:39 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1282
Today's Weight: 172.8

B - Canadian Bacon, Egg White, and Cheese on Whole Grain Muffin + Parmesan Cheese Crisps
S - Iced Toffee Coffee Pouch w/ Almond Milk
L - LC Garlic Chicken Spring Rolls + Stila Oat Clusters
S - Pistachios
D - Sandwich Thin w/ Sliced Chicken Breast, Guacamole, and Swiss + Parmesan Crisps + Colby Jack Cheese
S - Lime Flavored Tortilla Chips + String Cheese
Exercise: 35 Minutes Cardio (app. 250 Calories) + 15 Minutes Strength (app. 55 Calories)

I did so well yesterday, even drank extra water, but I still had a gain! Its so frustrating when that happens.

I hate when that happens. Totally normal to fluctuate on a daily basis, though, even when our day is "perfect". Do you keep track of your sodium? I noticed when I lowered mine and kept an eye on the number, I was having WAY too much and started losing better when I kept my number under 2000 (or around). Just asking because I see some higher sodium foods up there, so it could just be a teeny water retention or something and not a "true" gain, you know? Especially with just 1200 cals :)

Psychic
08-08-2013, 08:45 AM
Do you keep track of your sodium?

I don't really track sodium, but I was around 3100 mg yesterday. I'm not too worried about water weight, it just irritates me when I have a really good day and the scale refuses to budge. Btw, 1282 is my net calories after exercise was subtracted. I ate almost 1600 calories in all.

Diane69
08-08-2013, 08:47 AM
Good morning everyone. Well my scale was undecided this morning between a .5 loss or stay the same. It wobbled back and forth a few times but eventually decided to stay at yesterday's weight. I'm ok with that cause I probably did have a loss but just not a full .5. Anyways today is a new day, just gonna keep workin at it. Have a great day everyone, make it count!

Erika79
08-08-2013, 11:12 AM
I don't really track sodium, but I was around 3100 mg yesterday. I'm not too worried about water weight, it just irritates me when I have a really good day and the scale refuses to budge. Btw, 1282 is my net calories after exercise was subtracted. I ate almost 1600 calories in all.

Understood! It annoys me, too. Bet the sodium was the reason for the number on the scale, sodium sucks.

AlyN
08-08-2013, 11:23 AM
Finished yesterday at 1145.... it seems to be hard for me to get to 1200, which is ridiculous because I KNOW I used to eat way more than that...

Today:

Breakfast:
Protein bar 170 calories (10 grams of protein)
Lunch:
Lasagna 280 calories
Dinner:
No clue! (My sister is being induced today so I will be at the hospial! :D)

Exercise: None, going to the hospital in a little bit! :)

Radiojane
08-08-2013, 01:53 PM
Sooooo looking forward to going back to yoga tonight. Even though I seem to have caught the full blown cold. And I just found out that my bosses from head office are making a last moment trip down next week. Oh, goody.

I need to confess to a very bad binge last night. Not excuse making, but I think the cold and just generally feeling crappy brought it on. I estimate I easily tripled my caloric intake, and made myself uncomfortably full. I need to get my house in order too, because the mess is a big trigger as well.

weight is the same this morning: 377.2 I should start to hold water for pms fairly soon too.

crispin
08-08-2013, 03:05 PM
Hello, all! This is my first time posting in this thread, although I've lurked sometimes.

Yesterday's info:

Food
Coffee with lots of milk, little sugar (about 120 cal)
Half a roll, 1 hamburger 80% lean (about 400 calories)

Lindt truffle (about 70 calories)

Half a roll,homemade egg salad (about 170 calories)
Tons of lettuce, olive oil & balsamic, roasted peppers & onions, chicken breast (about 420 calories)

WW Fudge bar (100 cal)

Homemade kale chips (about 150 cal)

Tea with little milk (about 20 cal)

= 1450 calories

Exercise
Bum Bum (35 minutes moderate aerobics, part of the Brazil Butt Lift series)

My Plan... (for now :D)
Under 1600 calories
Exercise 5 days a week

IanG
08-08-2013, 03:34 PM
Up 0.2 pounds today.

Lunch: Salad with dungeness crab, shrimp, pickled herring, pickled garlic, spicy quails eggs, garlic hummus, lettuce, tomato, mushrooms, onion, kidney beans, corn, carrot, blueberries.

Dinner: Will drink beer (Green Flsh Imperial IPA).

Exercise: Did 50 minutes of weight training in the morning. Ran 5 miles on the treadmill before lunch.

Syckgirlsfv
08-08-2013, 04:16 PM
what a day I'm having! :dizzy:

my coworker, who is way more than a little odd to begin with, is acting like a nut. Her daughter, who is an adult in her mid 30s for Pete's sake, is as wacko as she is if not more, and having some trouble with a boyfriend kicking her out of his house in Texas. He put all her stuff in storage while she was at work and changed all the locks - that's really wanting somebody gone! :devil: So this coworker of mine is all "emotionally distressed" (as she put it) and I'm about to lose patience!!!! :mad: Apparently the daughter refused to leave what she calls 'her residence' and broke in to the house last night. Long story short, this coworker of mine is taking it way harder than necessary and the daughter, who is a selfish ***** from what I've heard, won't talk to anybody. WHATEVER. She's old enough to handle her own life so why chase after her and get all crazy and weepy over it all? :?: ARGH! That's how this day is going! :bomb:

Whew! now for the food!

Breakfast - low carb tortilla w/3 deli turkey slices, light jarlsberg slice, mustard
Snack - tortilla strips w/red pepper hummus
Lunch - steamed broccoli, pineapple and bacon chicken sausage
Dinner - going to be black bean burger patties on toasted sourdough, and salad

WINE for bedtime!

I also have some celery for later if need be, and a little peanut butter
Taking a 12 mile bike ride tonight :bike2:

laciemn
08-08-2013, 04:32 PM
B : 1/4 cup of ice cream
L : Leftover stir fry and a slice of pizza
D: 2 hamburger patties with cheese & salad

alaskanlaughter
08-08-2013, 06:57 PM
I spent the work day at the beach with all the students for a picnic IN A DOWNPOUR!! of course, up here, if you don't do it in the rain, it wont ever happen....but I was seriously SOAKED by the time we were done...every layer I wore including my raincoat and even my socks were soaked through and cold....brrrr....I ate picnic food and then felt like puking afterwards :( weirddd

on the other hand, I took my teenager to the DMV yesterday to test for his learners permit (he didn't pass lol) and the DMV clerk SERIOUSLY THOUGHT I WAS HIS SISTER!! I mean, he really did, he wasn't joking or being nice...I had to insist "no really, I am, I have my ID here" lol...so it's flattering that I must look younger than my age :D

Diana3271
08-08-2013, 09:33 PM

I had a busy day today. I also had my annual gyno appointment. I had to run some errands after work and just got home. I will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

crispin Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
Grilled pork chop 500 calories
2 orders collard greens 200 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt Plus Leg Work Premix w/#5's
Cardio Kickboxing from #10 Slimdown Xtreme w/#1's

Matisse
08-08-2013, 10:42 PM
Hmm. I could certainly dine with you Matisse. Nice.

I'm adding some fruit to my salads by the way. Thanks for that.

Bonsoir, Ian. I tried answering twice yesterday but my ipad ate my message twice. One error was clearly mine, the second - who knew enterred text disappears in Safari if you toggle between windows? WTF?

So... you are invited to dine with me if you ever find yourself in Montreal.

Regarding fruits, they help so much with satiety. You can't go wrong with fruits as long as you do not overdo the sweet stuff and balance them out with proteins and healthy fats.

We need to talk fish eventually. You have inspired me to lunch often with fish salads when I get back to work (I could never get tired of that) but I wonder why you favour canned or pickled fish to work over smoked or cooked seafood/fish from the fish market?

______

Weight : 149.6 lbs

B : Latte with overnight oats with cherries. Complete success, it tasted like homemade oat cookies.

L : Corn on the cob. Crab flavoured pollock mixed with celeri, cucumber, tomatoes, cilantro, scallions and a dressing of lemon juice, garlic, olive oil and 10 % fat yogurt (so smooth). My trick is to add Espelette pepper (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Espelette_pepper). It's fruitiness mixes well with delicate fishes.

S : Half an orange. Raw veggies with hummus.

D : Grilled salmon (So simple, add equal amount of maple syrup with canola oil, salt and pepper.) I serve it with a fruit salsa. Today, it was a lovely cherry salsa with a hint of basalmic vinegar and mint. Mediterraen couscous salad with legumes. White wine. Raspberries.

40 km bike ride.

For the first time, I felt good while exercising for a long period of time. No dizziness, no fatigue. Upping my calories was the way to go. Thanks, everyone!

oxalis
08-08-2013, 10:43 PM
Evening All,

Ok. Breathe. For the past week I wasn't sure what was going on with me; I have been ravenous, just cannot stop eating. I'm not eating unhealthy things, just way more of what I typically eat on a normal day (yogurt, cheese, eggs, olives, etc.); coming in between 2,000-3,000 calories per day. I've been feeling all of the emotions I used to feel when I would binge/overeat some 6-months ago.

Today I realized what was actually happening; I was eating at maintenance. And then I came on here to check in and Diana, you saw it before I saw it. You are awesome ♡.

What made me come to this realization is that after 7 days of eating around maintenance (and thinking I was reverting back to my old ways), today I didn't eat a thing because I wasn't hungry, at all. I had two glasses of wine, plenty of coffee, and a banana; but still not hungry. My body is definitely adjusting to losing 30 pounds and everything is so unpredictable lately; I'm not sure where to go from here ....

today's weight: 136.6 (up .6)
yesterday's calories: 2500+
yesterday's exericse: 1 hour incline treadmill walk approx. 435 c. burn

Matisse
08-08-2013, 10:57 PM
I think you did an excellent job, oxalis. At 5'6 and 134 lbs, you must look awesome!

Zima
08-09-2013, 12:02 AM
Hi, everyone!

Food: 1,200 calories

Exercise: 9 PM Hip Hop Abs Cardio (30 min) Ab Rehab (10 min) total = 40 minutes

Tomorrow is my weight-in day (I weigh myself once a week). Super nervous!

Diana3271
08-09-2013, 07:11 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :carrot:

Last night I added on:
Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

It's obviously going to take a few days for my weight to regulate after not having the antihistamine and then topping that with the high sodium meal. Oh well, I have a choice. I can be patient or miserable. I guess I will take a serving of patience with a sprinkling of miserable. ;)

Weigh In: 161.4
Up: .4

Have a great day!

oxalis
08-09-2013, 08:15 AM
Good Morning All!

Just checking in :)

Thanks Matisse! I've still got my spots; I tend to carry most of my weight around my middle, but I'm generally happy about the way I turned out, lol!

today's weight: 135.1 (down 1.5)
yesterday's calories: 500 ...ish
yesterday's exercise: hour inclined treadmill walk, approx. 510 c. burn

Diane69
08-09-2013, 08:16 AM
Good morning everyone! The scale was my friend this morning even had a margarita last night and went to dinner at friends. Though going to the friends house wasn't too bad as she is doing the HCG diet so it was all good clean food. So with all of that I'm down 1 lb! Happy Friday everyone!

Psychic
08-09-2013, 08:25 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1618
Today's Weight: 171.8

B - Sandwich Thin w/ Peanut Butter & Sugarfree Strawberry Preserves
S - String Cheese
L - LC Garlic Chicken Spring Rolls + McDonald's Medium Fry
S - Colby Jack Cheese
D - Potatoes w/ Butter & Parsley + Squash Sauteed in Butter Flavored Crisco
S - Coffee & Cream Chocolate

I ate a bit more than I should have yesterday. I blame the free french fries that I just couldn't say no to. I'm still happy though... I had a pound drop!

IanG
08-09-2013, 01:58 PM
why you favour canned or pickled fish to work over smoked or cooked seafood/fish from the fish market?

Thanks Matisse. I favor it because the nutritional value for most (with the exception of canned versus fresh tuna) is about the same. The sodium is manageable and you often get no salt added varieties. The cost is also low. They come pre-cooked. The stuff keeps for ages. And it is already portioned up with nutritional information on the box. I do eat fresh at the weekend for a treat, but my office is currently full of canned fish of many different varieties. So when I get my salad, I choose a tin of fish and I am good to go.

You also get a lot more variety in canned fish because people can ship the stuff to you easily from around the country.

Anyway down 0.6 pounds today.

Lunch: Salad with pan-seared scallops, Gefilte fish (I'm not Jewish but some Jewish food looks healthy), pickled herring (Jewish again), pickled garlic, spicy hummus, lettuce, tomato, mushrooms, onion, corn, blueberries.

Exercise: None. My leg hurt too much from running yesterday. It needs a break.

FatCroat
08-09-2013, 02:15 PM
I messed up ROYALLY yesterday (and it was only my second day LOL) with some Papa John's (I let myself get too hungry, and then when I started fantasizing about pizza, there was no going back...) and so I was at 2,570 cals yesterday :facepalm:
Then again, the day before I was 600cals under, so maybe it evens out a bit. Anyway, today I'm back at it and trying to plan better as far as preparing food goes so I don't end up making the same mistake (though I still plan on having 1 cheat meal a week).

Breakfast: 2 chocolate chip waffles, 210cals
Lunch: the 2 cheese sticks I had left from yesterday + 3/4 cup of plain yogurt, 278cals

For dinner I'm actually cooking and I have no idea how to calculate the calories for that. Basically, it's onions sauteed in a tiny bit of olive oil, and some cubed steaks cooked on top for a few hours. Plus some broccoli, and maybe a salad. For the calories, do I just add the raw onion and steak cals, or what?

Psychic
08-09-2013, 02:53 PM
For the calories, do I just add the raw onion and steak cals, or what?

Definitely count the steak and olive oil. Some people count veggies, some don't. It depends on your plan. Personally, I count all vegetables. Also, don't forget to include the calories from the dressing and any toppings that you put on your salad. They add up fast!

Btw, don't feel so bad for cheating. Its bound to happen. Just don't let it ruin the rest of your day (or week). Accept that you ate it and try to do better next time. Keeping healthy snacks with you at all times helps a lot too. Nuts in a ziploc baggy are my go-to.

FatCroat
08-09-2013, 02:59 PM
Thanks, Psychic. I just use a bit of white vinegar, I reckon that shouldn't be too bad. And I really don't feel bad for cheating, except that I wish it didn't take me only two days :D

Syckgirlsfv
08-09-2013, 03:42 PM
ah, FRIDAY! :dancer:

crazy psycho coworker from **** isn't talking to me today - I am one happy camper! Peace! LOL :lol:

dinner last night was veggie burgers on toasted sourdough with light jarlsberg cheese. I also had a piece of string cheese before we left for our bike ride, of which was 10 miles.

Breakfast - last leftover pressure cooked boneless pork rib
Snack - orange
Lunch - salad with: baby spinach, coleslaw cabbage mix, deli turkey, shredded skim mozzarella, dried cranberries, almonds, pumpkin seeds, dry roasted edamame, roasted red pepper hummus, lite olive oil vinaigrette

We're taking a walk after work to Peacha's (little place in Burbank maybe 1/2 a mile from home) then maybe more walking. They have Mexican food with a Latin twist, and burgers and sammiches, too. I want tacos! SOFT tacos, that is. Or salad. I'll decide when I get there. And hubby says he will have 2 beers tonight and that's IT! I will have my glass of wine at bedtime.

He is trying to think of things to do other than have cocktails...I got him to agree to help me finish my panoramic Vegas strip puzzle! YAY! :carrot:

crispin
08-09-2013, 05:13 PM
I see such delicious salad descriptions here. :hun:

I'm off to a bday party and don't plan on being good. :D I'll try not to go totally nuts though.

Yesterday
Calories: 1470
Exercise: 5k walk/run

Diana, hello and thanks for the welcome. :D Congrats on maintaining your loss!

Radiojane
08-09-2013, 05:43 PM
I didn't make yoga last night. Too sick from this cold. My sinuses are blocked completely and I've been comfort eating. Come **** or high water, I will hit the pool tomorrow (it's been at least three weeks since I swam - eek), and I will start eating on plan again.

I need August 2012 Jane's motivation badly right now.

Matisse
08-09-2013, 10:11 PM
Thanks for your answer, Ian. A well-stocked office of fish, vegetables and fruits is an excellent benefit.

Weight was 148.8 lbs today. So down, .6 lbs from my lowest and .8 from yesterday. I was glad to see an "8" and it means that I have dropped a full BMI point since I started this diet three weeks ago.

B : Two scrambled eggs with sautéed scallions, spinach, tomato and parmesan on a toast spread with hummus. Latte.
S : A small portion of Mediterraen salad with legumes. Greek yogurt with fresh blueberries. A peach.
D : Cod cooked on the grill in tinfoil. Half a potato grilled on the BBQ and grilled zucchini. 1.5 glass of white wine. Dessert was the killer since it was my dad's birthday. A small piece of Opera cake (It was rich and must have been about 300 cal..) Strawberries.

This is the first day in more than a week that I do not feel crampy and bloated after dinner. I am not sure why... Maybe my body is in less distress because my caloric deficit is less severe and I was less hungry when I ate. Maybe potatoes have magic virtues. In any case, I will take it.

On Sunday, I am hiking a mountain with friends. I am nervous since this the trail is accredited as being difficult. I have done it in 2006, 23 pounds lighter and it was no small feat. My face was violet and I felt it in my legs for a week. The start of the trail is akin to walking up stairs for 45 minutes!!! I am going with a tall, lean guy who is preparing for a nine day trek in the French Pyrenées and someone I do not know who I hope will be as slow and out-of-shape as I am. ;-)

Here is the view on top. Totally worth it.

https://www.placeauxjeunes.qc.ca/img/album-regions/03/150/Acropole-des-Draveurs-RES.jpg

Diana3271
08-09-2013, 10:36 PM

Matisse I'm glad that upping the calories has worked for you. Keep up the great work. That is a beautiful view but would make me nervous. ;)

Oxalis Good job with analyzing things. :carrot: Congrats on the 1.5 pounds.

Zima I hope you have a great weigh in.

Diane Congrats on the pound!

Psychic Congrats on the pound!

Ian Good job on the .6! I hope the rest helps with your leg.

FatCroat Today is a new day, don't let that one meal derail you. Good job getting right back on track.

Syckgirlsfv How did your DH do tonight. I hope you had a great walk.

Crispin Have fun at the party while keeping things in moderation.

Radiojane I hope you feel better soon. Are you still doing Paleo? I wish I could help out in some way. Maybe a group exercise program will help with motivation. It is very difficult sticking with things day in and day out. Hang in there.

Diana3271
08-09-2013, 10:38 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled sirloin steak 400 calories

Exercise:
Leslie Sansone 4 Mile Power Walk

alaskanlaughter
08-09-2013, 10:45 PM
I am SO SORE!! I did my hardest set of HIIT sprints today on an even higher incline than usual on the treadmill....I felt like I was going to DIE while doing it and/or throw up but I pushed through it :D however I paid for it the entire day, with sore legs much worse than after an easier workout....and I was HUNGRY(!!) all day...I mean stomach growling hunger! I feel like I ate more than normal but my calories are at 1770 right now so that's not too bad

I cant wait til next week is over...another incident today in which a little girl was having a huge meltdown and was placed in the office by staff and the other co-manager (not me) simply left her there, walked right past her and went out to sit in the lunchroom and eat....HOW IN THE WORLD can you walk right past a screaming child and say "oh I didn't see her there" and not even go back to check on her.....I am speechless and furious! I can't wait until next week is over and i'm no longer associated with this kind of incompetence

I swear this whole summer of early mornings, long days, crappy food available right under my nose, and the high stress are why I just don't have the mental energy to really lose weight right now :(

Syckgirlsfv
08-09-2013, 11:12 PM
Hi all! :wave::wave:

We didn't get to walk...the place we were going to eat at closes at 6 every night! How does anybody ever eat there after work? :?:
We'll try again tomorrow for lunch, but Saturdays they are only open from 10 to 3. Weird. :p So we had sushi instead.

Diana DH did ok, thanks for asking. He had a small hot sake and he's only having 2 beers at home. I unrolled the puzzle and we discovered that the lighting in our living room isn't bright enough for it - the pieces are small and it's better to do at the kitchen table, so I'll probably set it up there again and work on it myself. He tried. :dizzy:

So - I had a small hot sake, baked salmon roll, a few pieces of sesame chicken, and I was going to split a florida roll with hubby (lobster tempura, avocado, spicy tuna on top) but could only get through a piece and a half because I don't like a lot of soy type sauces and it was soaking in it. Plus, tuna isn't really my thing. I LOVE salmon and anything topped with masago (smelt eggs)! I used to abhor the idea of roe, but now I just love to pop it between my teeth :D

I'm still hanging on to around 4 pounds of water, and it went up since yesterday so I think the deli turkey must be high in sodium. Plus TOM has been being weird lately, coming after just 19 days, then 16! Now it is looming but who knows WTH??? WHATEVER :rolleyes:

planning on a long bike ride tomorrow, hopefully. that will take care of some of the water!

Radiojane
08-10-2013, 12:48 AM
diana your encouragement is help on its own, believe me. This cold sitting in my chest is just sapping my energy that's all.

IanG
08-10-2013, 06:37 AM
Up 0.4 pounds today. Cannot break into the 170s it seems.

Anyway, I am doing this early today because I am taking a motorcycle course this weekend and need to take a packed lunch.

Breakfast: 2 pieces of toasted low calorie bread with raw mushrooms and mayo lite. Some olives. 2 coffees, milk no sugar.

Lunch: Salad with smoked Latvian sprats, pickled herring, pickled garlic, spicy hummus, lettuce, tomato, mushrooms, onion, corn, blueberries.

Exercise: None.

Diane69
08-10-2013, 08:11 AM
Good morning everyone! Well the scale was not my friend this morning. Up .5
Went on a day trip to Spokane for a quick shopping trip. No exercise and too many calories I think :-( oh well today is a new day and I'm planning on getting my exercise in early. Stay on plan and hope I can have better results tomorrow!
Have a great day!

Diana3271
08-10-2013, 08:12 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Happy Weekend! :carrot:

DH decided that he wanted spaghetti for dinner tonight. Last night I bought groceries and got me a spaghetti squash. The man in front of me was eyeballing that squash. :rofl: I was getting kinda nervous! That's my squash, move along, buddy. :lol: Finally he asked me "Ma'am, what is that?" I told him that it was a spaghetti squash. I explained that I will eat that instead of regular spaghetti. He laughed and told me that he thought it was a giant lemon. :rofl: We learn something new every day. :D

Last night I added on: Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

Calories for yeserday: 1380 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 161.4
No Change (better than another gain! ;))

Alaskanlaughter I truly hope things get better for you after next week. Hang in there.

Syckgirlsfv I'm glad your DH is adjusting. It will probably take time for him to get into a new routine. I used to drink a lot of wine on the weekends and really enjoyed it. Then on Sunday night I would have cheese, crackers, meats, and wine. I still miss that. But, I know I can't enjoy it in moderation, so it's better for me to abstain. I felt sick the last time I had wine, so I guess I have lost all my tolerance for it.

Radiojane Just hang in there and just don't give up. Sometimes it better to maintain until you find that spark again. I never really had that spark. I had always exercised to some degree. The big thing for me was food. Even today, I LOVE eating off plan, but I feel like total crap when I do. The problem that we have is DH eats different than me. Sometimes we struggle with his food cravings vs. the way I eat. I posted this at my other check-in. I will copy and paste it here: I have a lot of food issues and cannot be around certain foods. I don't even bring them in the house because I can't eat them in moderation. I feel totally weird being like that but that's the way it is. DH wanted pizza last week. I cannot eat pizza in moderation and be satisfied. I got me something from Jason's deli to go. I walked into the pizza place with my food. I told them that I had a food allergy and could not eat their food. They understood and everything was fine. DH had pizza and was happy, I was able to get full and satisfied with my food. DH wanted to go to a buffet on Sunday. I did the same thing with Jason's deli. I cannot go to that buffet and eat in moderation. Again I told them that I had a food allergy. It worked out for the both of us. We try to sit in a corner so it's not obvious that I an eating something different.

Ian Have fun today! Some "decades" are very difficult to get through. I had a tough time with the 230's and didn't think I would ever get out of them. You will get into the 170's and you will appreciate them, especially with all the work you have done. It will definitely feel like an accomplishment!

Enjoy your day!

Zima
08-10-2013, 08:20 AM
Hi!

Weighed myself yesterday. 130 lbs, a 2 lb loss! Yay!

I consumed 1,500 calories

At 2:00 PM I did Jillian Michaels' No More Trouble Zones workout, which is 45 minutes. I also walked for about a mile later in the evening.

Psychic
08-10-2013, 09:08 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1487
Today's Weight: 172

B - Earnest Eats Asian Blend + String Cheese
S - Fiber One Chocolate Chip Bar
L - Uncle Ben's 45 Second Roasted Chicken Rice + Cool Ranch Doritos
S - Pistachios
D - Subway 6 in. Chicken Bacon Ranch w/ Guacamole + Tortilla Chips
S - Twizzler + Coffee & Cream Chocolate Bar
Exercise: 20 Minutes Cardio (160 Calories) + 20 Minutes Strength ( 78 Calories)

I really overate on the junk yesterday. I need to keep high-calorie chocolate out of the house. Back to dark chocolate for me. My shoulders are a bit sore today. I think I overworked them in the gym.

I have visible muscles in my upper arms now. That's pretty cool.

Syckgirlsfv
08-10-2013, 12:04 PM
Down a water pound this morning...*sigh of relief*! :cp: just sitting here now having my coffee :coffee: enjoying the morning.

Since DH is not drinking liquor, neither am I. And I really don't want it...I guess the only time I wanted it was when he had it! I just had my glass of wine with bedtime and that was it. Mornings are so much nicer without that alcohol haze! :dizzy:

We're going to go to Peacha's for lunch today and I saw they have some salads so I might have one. Or tacos. I just love tacos! We decided on the gym today. I will do legs and cardio while DH does chest and back. I'm trying to give my shoulder a break from upper body work every other week because I'm terrified of that weird pain again. I really don't want to seriously injure it. Next week I'll start working my upper body again :lifter:

The weather's been strangely cool lately...even for Southern Cali! I hope it doesn't mean we'll get a heat wave late in the year! For us, a heat wave is 90 and above :D

crispin
08-10-2013, 12:24 PM
Yesterday
Calories: 1640
Exercise: rest day

For a party day, I'm pretty happy with that calorie count. It was a poor day in terms of nutrients but eh that'll happen.

I know I'm in "the zone" when me letting loose at a party results in me being totally happy with about half the calories I would consume when off-plan. I love when that mind shift happens!

Matisse That is a stunning pic, so glad you shared it. I've only hiked in scenery like that a few times in my life, unforgettable beauty. Btw, your meal descriptions are mouth-watering food porn, should slap a XXX rating on them. :D

crispin
08-10-2013, 12:26 PM
Psychic Congrats on the muscles! Visible progress is so encouraging.

crispin
08-10-2013, 02:03 PM
The man in front of me was eyeballing that squash. :rofl: I was getting kinda nervous! That's my squash, move along, buddy. :lol:

:rofl:

So funny that he thought it was a giant lemon! I wonder how much food is out there that I don't know about just b/c it's been off my radar.

Reminds me of when I was a kid and my family was living in a region that didn't eat calamari. Every time my dad would ask the seafood department for it, the polite and friendly workers would wish him a fun fishing trip because they thought he was using it for bait.

Psychic
08-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Diana - Lol about the squash. I've seen some veggies (and fruit) at market district that I just want to try because they look so strange! They're so expensive though.

Crispin - I enjoy the visual progress. Too bad nothing else is shrinking. I'm just bulking up in the arms.

changeforme
08-10-2013, 03:53 PM
well the house guests left, and a virus moved in. totally comfort ate and slept. up a pound from last week, but starting to feel more like myself today. i'm tracking calories today again but I can tell you i'm not going to be within my goal. funny how motivation, determination, commitment, whatever you want to call it can fade so quickly even when i'm laying there lamenting my state. i'm baking tofu now and the house smells lovely, i'm going to try to prep some other food for the work week so that I can be prepared. maybe i'll actually get out for a walk tonight too.

Wednesday I start orientation for a second job, I'm excited to actually have a plan to get finances under control, but am also totally dreading working 2 jobs. ugh.

baby steps, baby steps, gotta keep reminding myself to focus on the little things and the big picture will fall into place. not that I want any of you to struggle, but it is such a huge comfort to pick myself up and come read here and know that i'm not alone in the ups and downs.

novangel
08-10-2013, 07:38 PM
:wave:

I don't post much anymore but I still lurk. I feel posting daily now that I'm at goal gets too redundant.

Anyway, I'm still at it with exercise but I want to get serious about weights or something because the longer I'm 140p the less satisfied I feel. I was delighted at first but now I am not happy with my lack of tone. I want to get a little more defined...and less mushy.

Hope everyone is doing well. There's a lot of people here now. Good luck, everyone. :)

Zima
08-10-2013, 10:07 PM
Novangel- that's so awesome that you made goal and you're still sticking with exercise. Good luck on your goal of gaining more tone. I know what you mean, I don't like my wobbily arms. Can't wait to get more definition in them.

Just thought I'd check in tonight before I go out. I take Saturday nights off my diet. So far today, I've had 1,060 calories. I know I'm going to go over my allotted amount tonight (which is 1500) because I'll be consuming alcohol, and then probably having some food at a diner or something at some point later.

At 9:00 PM, I did Rapid Results Pilates: Core, which is 10 minutes. I'm going to be dancing a lot tonight for several hours, so that'll be my cardio.

Matisse
08-10-2013, 10:29 PM
Matisse That is a stunning pic, so glad you shared it. I've only hiked in scenery like that a few times in my life, unforgettable beauty. Btw, your meal descriptions are mouth-watering food porn, should slap a XXX rating on them. :D

Haha! I am French and we are serious about our food!

I forgot to say last night that I did 35 min of elliptical and 60 minutes today. I was trying to get into the mindset of a long hike. During a workout, what you eat matters so much. I was out of gas after 15 min then I ate a peach and voilà... I kept pushing my time goal further. We bought plenty of food fuel for tomorrow. My honour is in the balance. I do not want to choke up.

I ate little today until tonight where I had a free meal (diet off) of braised bavette at the restaurant. Very satisfying!

Talk to you all on the other side of the mountain!

FatCroat
08-10-2013, 10:57 PM
I had a choc. chip waffle for breakfast, skipped lunch as I was working (as a CNA so I get quite the workout, although I'm completely beat when I'm done), and had a rather large dinner of 2 cubed steaks with a huuuge salad (spring mic of leafy green, cucumber, tomato, some feta and a little italian blend shredded cheese, with just balsamic vinegar on top, mmm).

What's kind of perplexing to me is that I weighed less in the evening than in the morning. When can I start attributing these drops to actual weight (aka fat) loss, and not just water weight? I've only been at this since Wednesday!

Diana3271
08-10-2013, 11:13 PM

Diane The .5 is probably just a daily fluctuation. I hope you had a good day.

Zima Congrats on the 2 pounds! :carrot:

Psychic Congrats on the muscle definition! The unique and different food are becoming more readily available. It's interesting what's out there.

Syckgirlsfv Good job getting rid of the water weight. I hope you had a great day.

Crispin Good job keeping things in moderation at the party. LOL on the calamari. I have heard people call it bait before. I am a little more adventurous with food than my DH is.

Changeforme Good job planning your food and working toward your financial goals. It will make a huge difference in your life to get those things under control. :carrot:

Novangel Hi :wave: It's good to see you. How are things going at work? Did you ever have a talk with the other hair stylist?

Matisse Congrats on pushing through with the elliptical!

FatCroat I have heard of people weighing later in the day to see how their weigh in is going to be the next day. I am more of a volume eater and drink a lot of water. I do NOT want to get on the scale at night. :lol:

Diana3271
08-10-2013, 11:16 PM
Total Approx 1545 calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (500 Calories)
fruit cup 100 calories

Dinner (650 Calories)
Spaghetti squash 100 calories
Meat sauce + meatballs 350 calories
Toasted cinnamon raisin bread topped with cinnamon, pumpkin butter, and ricotta cheese 200 calories

Exercise:
Cindy Whitmarsh's Total Body Sculpt w/5's

FatCroat
08-10-2013, 11:25 PM
Diana, I'm pretty much on the scale more than I am off, haha. I'm just wondering when I can actually start attributing the slight differences in weight to my (hard!) work paying off, rather than just water fluctuations.

changeforme
08-11-2013, 08:15 AM
I had another epiphany of sorts ... ever since my vacation I have had a horrible time staying on plan. I've blamed it on all sorts of things, but the bottom line is I just wasn't liking it - I didn't want to count calories, I didn't want to stop eating because of the numbers, I just wanted to magically lose weight like I did all those other millions of times I've dieted. what was different a few months ago was that I didn't dive right into it - I took a few weeks to ease into it, dropping my calories by a few hundred at a time until I was down to what felt like a sustainable way of eating while making the scale move. so I've upped my calorie goal for the day, takes the pressure off and will help me get back into the groove ... I hope.

happy sunday everyone (today is my Monday - the start of my work week) we can do this!

Diana3271
08-11-2013, 08:32 AM

Calories for yesterday: 1545 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 161.2

FatCroat I would say, there is no absolute or definite answer. Everyone's body is different and holds on to water in different amounts. As you know, and what I think you are meaning, the initial weight loss is water. But, no matter what, it is weight and you weigh less than you did. Your hard work is paying off. :carrot:

changeforme Good job analyzing and tweaking things so it works for you.

Have a great day!

Diane69
08-11-2013, 08:57 AM
Still the same today :-( I had plenty of exercise 2.5 hrs. Walking dogs. But I am thinking I need to lower my carb intake even though they are good carbs. I am going to try to up my protien to lower the carb ratio. Yesterday's calories were 1130 cal. 23% protien32% fat and carbs made up the rest. Fats are all good fats like olive oil, fat from kalamata olives. No butter, cheese. I'm gonna have to tweak my eating to see if I can get the darn scale to give me a nice loss without going too much lower on my calorie intake.

Psychic
08-11-2013, 10:48 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1479
Today's Weight: 171.4

B - Slim Balance Tea w/ Honey and Splash of Almond Milk
L - Subway 6 in. Chicken, Bacon, Ranch on Wheat w/ Guacamole
S - Coffee & Cream Chocolate
D - Shrimp w/ Butter and Cajun Spices
S - Popcorn + Chocolate Chips

I had a fairly good day yesterday. I also did a lot of cleaning, so I probably burned a few calories as well. I haven't been absolutely starving for the last couple of days. Maybe my body is finally adjusting to needing less food.

crispin
08-11-2013, 06:56 PM
Yesterday
Calories: 1360
Exercise: 5k Run/Walk

Diana3271
08-11-2013, 08:28 PM

Diane Are you comfortable with your food plan? If so, maybe give it a couple more weeks and then tweak it from there.

Psychic Good news on the reduced appetite. :carrot:

Cruspin Good job on your calories and the 5K!

Diana3271
08-11-2013, 08:30 PM
Total Approx 1245 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch 500 Calories
fruit cup 100 calories

Dinner (350 Calories)
Collards, smoked sausage, blackeye peas 350 Calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60 w/#1 hand weights

novangel
08-11-2013, 08:52 PM
Diana, I had a brief convo with other stylist and everything at work is fine. :crossed: The person that was causing more problems/drama on top of it has been let go...all has been quiet since. :) Hopefully it stays that way.

Zima
08-11-2013, 11:22 PM
Food: 1,200 calories

Exercise: Rest Day

Diane69
08-11-2013, 11:59 PM
936 cal. Total for today. Clean eating but more protien today, hopefully the scale will reward me in the morning. 2.5 hrs of walking dogs, about 1/3 of it is uphill so good amount of cardio. Heart rate up and a good sweat :-) about 12 glasses of water too! I'm just going to keep pushing at it and wait it out.

alaskanlaughter
08-12-2013, 12:40 AM
my weekend is officially over :( I got all the chores done that I needed to do - recycling, balancing checkbook, paying bills, grocery shopping and putting it all away, school clothes shopping for both boys which is always a headache, had teenager clean his room, went through younger son's clothes and got rid of smaller ones, cleaned the house, cleaned the kitchen, misc other errands, and a TON of laundry, and I took younger son to a movie (Planes)....I have 20 minutes until my bedtime to relax....*sigh*

Diana3271
08-12-2013, 07:02 AM

Last night I added on:
Deep Rest from Yoga for Stress Relief

Calories for yesterday: 1245 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 161.2
No Change

Enjoy your day!

Psychic
08-12-2013, 08:09 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1505
Today's Weight: 171.6

B - Kashi Dark Chocolate Coconut Bar
S - Sixlets
L - Crunchtables Crouton Crusted Mushrooms w/ Mustard + Colby Jack Cheese + Diet Cream Soda
S - String Cheese
D - Potato Puffs w/ Brown Gravy
S - Brownie Moose Tracks Ice Cream

Today and tomorrow are going to be off days. I'll be very busy tonight so I'll probably eat fastfood. Tomorrow I'm going to the fair, and I will definitely be enjoying some fair food. Deep-Fried Cheesecake. :drool:

Diane69
08-12-2013, 08:11 AM
Down .5! I'm gonna try my more protien theory for a few more days to see if that's the key for me. Happy Monday everyone!

Weight loss journey

July 31----181.5
Aug 1----178.5. -3
Aug. 2 -----176.5 -5
Aug.3----175.00 -6.5
Aug.4----174 -7.5
Aug.5---- 173 -8.5
Aug.6---172.5 -9lbs
Aug.7----172 -9.5lb
Aug9---171 -10.5 lbs
Aug.10----171.5 -10lbs
Aug.11---171.5. -10lbs
Aug.12--171. -10.5lbs

oxalis
08-12-2013, 08:29 AM
Happy Monday All!

Back from vacation and happy that my weight didn't go up all that much. We still managed to keep our regular workout schedule since there was a planet fitness nearby, so that definitely helped. Also, I didn't really restrict what I was eating, but focused on eating more protein instead of carbs. Now time to get this water bloat off!

8/10
today's weight: 135.5 (up .4)
August 9th calories: 1,900
August 9th exercise: 1 hour on cybex approx. 510 c. burn

8/11
today's weight: 136.6 (up 1.1)
August 10th calories: 1900ish
August 10th exercise: 1.5 hours mixing cybex & running, approx. 725 c. burn

8/12
today's weight: 136.8 (up .2)
yesterday's calories: 1,630
yesterday's exercise: 1.5 hours mixing cybex & running, approx. 825 c. burn

jessica2231
08-12-2013, 09:27 AM
Whew ok Aug 12th. I have started to plan my days again. I am calorie counting and Im planning out my days as to not eat all my calories in the morning or starve till evening. I am being more conscious of what I put in my mouth.

Its great seeing all your updates and the reminders of how possible it is to do this. Thank you!

summerlove
08-12-2013, 12:10 PM
Hi everyone! I've been out of the game for a very long time and after gaining back 40 pounds in a year I realized I need to take control! I'm so ashamed of myself but I know I need to accept who I am as a person before I can change for the better...I just want to feel better in the skin I'm in :(

Breakfast: english muffin with humus and slice ham - 170, yogurt - 100, coffee - 30 = 300

(planned) Lunch: yogurt - 100, salad with 2 boiled eggs - 170, carrots - 40 = 310

Syckgirlsfv
08-12-2013, 12:19 PM
Morning! Did a 16 mile bike ride yesterday along L.A. River...it was hot, too. Feeling it today, a bit tired.

Breakfast - Fage 0% plain greek yogurt w handful of trail mix (almonds, cranberries, pomegranite seeds, greek yogurt chips)

For snack I brought an orange and some celery sticks I'll put peanut butter on. If and when I decide to have a snack!

Lunch - Tofu w/slice of jarlsberg light and avocado tomatillo salsa.

Gym tonight - legs and whatever else I can squeeze in that doesn't affect my shoulder, because I'm still a little leery of it.

Dinner - boneless beef ribs in the pressure cooker with baby bella mushrooms and probably Rotel. Fresh steamed broccoli on the side ;)

shelflife
08-12-2013, 12:51 PM
Wt: 171.2
B: 1 slice little big bread with PB, blackberries
L: FORGOT ON MY COUNTER!! ARGH. Will go for soup and 1/2 veggie sandwich at work, I guess.
S: Buffalo chickpea salad.
Sn: Coconut milk fudge bar.
Ex: None today.

IanG
08-12-2013, 02:11 PM
Down 0.4 pounds today. I hope I can stay in the 170s.

Breakfast: 2 pieces of toasted low calorie bread with raw mushrooms and mayo lite. Some olives. 1 coffee, milk no sugar.

Lunch: Salad with smoked kipper, shrimp, pickled herring, pickled garlic, curry hummus, lettuce, tomato, mushrooms, onion, corn, blueberries, green beans, bulgar wheat.

Exercise: Ran 5 miles in the morning. Did 60 minutes of weights before lunch. It's nice to get back in the gym.

Radiojane
08-12-2013, 03:26 PM
I just hit the wrong button and lost a huge post. Grrr!

Diana, taking your food sounds like a really good plan. I'm lucky in that my bf actually prefers healthy food. The junk fiend is me, and I as well, cannot walk away from a pizza!

I had a bizarre weekend. I regressed completely to every bad habit I've ever had, and I don't mean just with food. My house was trashed. I was eating out and hiding the evidence. I was completely out of control. Then, about 9 last night, it was like a switch had been flipped. I got up off the couch, cleaned the house, drank a ton of water and some green tea, just basically got it back together. This morning I've had no issues with cravings. Just the opposite actually. I want the on plan stuff. I have no idea what happened, but I'm glad that I pulled out of that tailspin before it got worse.

I FINALLY went swimming again today!!! It has to be close to a month!! It's amazing how fast your body gets slack though. 25 minutes and I was done!

I'm debating on trying to squeeze in an extra yoga class this week but I think that might be pushing it seeing as I'm sore just from swimming.

Syckgirlsfv
08-12-2013, 08:51 PM
just had some juice that hubby made in our new juicer that arrived today- kale, apples, blue berries, raspberries, ginger root, lemon, cucumber, strawberries...I think that was it! YUM! No need to cook a veggie for dinner tonight besides the mushrooms! Probably have some black beans, too.

We're off to the gym...have a good night!

Diana3271
08-12-2013, 09:53 PM

Novangel I'm glad work is peaceful again. :carrot:

Zima Hi :wave:

Diane Good job on the .5. Keep working your plan You have done a great job this month..

Alaskanlaughter It sounds like you are doing all you can do. Hang in there. :hug:

Psychic Enjoy the fair and the cheese cake. Cheese cake is a favorite of mine. :drool:

Oxalis Great job while on vacation! :bravo:

Jessica Good job planning ahead.

Summerlove Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: Don't be ashamed of yourself. :hug: You are back on track now and that's all that matters. We have all been there. Some of us (me) have been there many times over. All we can do is keep trying, every day.

Syckgirlsfv Good job with that bike ride! It sounds like you are going to enjoy the new juicer.

Shelflife The buffalo chickpea salad sounds good! :drool:

Ian Congrats on the 170's! :carrot:

Radiojane Good job getting back on track. :carrot:

Diana3271
08-12-2013, 09:57 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled steak 400 calories
2 orders snow peas 200 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 45 EZ w/#1 hand weights

Zima
08-12-2013, 11:20 PM
Hi everyone!

Today, I had 1,360 calories.

At 7:30 PM, I did my 1 hour kickbox bootcamp class that I hate so much, but love when it's over :) Getting stronger every week!

Diana3271
08-13-2013, 07:04 AM

Last night I added on: Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

I had a significant drop of water weight over night. Really odd for me. But I did have that gain from not taking my allergy meds last week. TTOM should be starting any day, now. I hope the drama from TTOM will be minimal this month. ;)

Weigh In: 159.2
Down: 2 pounds

Zima Good job working on your fitness and seeing those changes.

Enjoy your day!

Diane69
08-13-2013, 09:10 AM
diananice drop! Wish I could see a big drop like that!

Yesterday's calories just over 900
1 hr. dog walking before work
And down .5 this morning for a total of 11 lbs since beginning two weeks ago. I'm happy with the slow loss, just hope it keeps coming off. Looking forward to the 160's hopefully in the next day or two!

Have a great day everyone! Make it count!!

oxalis
08-13-2013, 09:56 AM
Good Tuesday Everyone!

Down .8, a good start to getting this water bloat off; TOM is arriving soon and then comes my monthly whoosh (which I am nervous about because I don't think it will be very much :cry:)

today's weight: 136.0 (-0.8)
yesterday's calories: 1,645 approx.
yesterday's exercise: n/a, house cleaning

Matisse
08-13-2013, 11:08 AM
Down .5! I'm gonna try my more protien theory for a few more days to see if that's the key for me. Happy Monday everyone!

Weight loss journey

July 31----181.5
Aug 1----178.5. -3
Aug. 2 -----176.5 -5
Aug.3----175.00 -6.5
Aug.4----174 -7.5
Aug.5---- 173 -8.5
Aug.6---172.5 -9lbs
Aug.7----172 -9.5lb
Aug9---171 -10.5 lbs
Aug.10----171.5 -10lbs
Aug.11---171.5. -10lbs
Aug.12--171. -10.5lbs

Wow, you are dropping fast! What diet/plan do you follow?

I made it on top of the mountain and down and now every fiber of my legs is upset about it. The last two km down were very painful, my iliotibial band on the left leg was acting up and everytime I put weight on my left leg while going down, my knee was extremely painful. I had to take my time and go down sideways. To give you an idea of that mountain, we started our hike at 10:20 and finished it at 17:20. I would say that is six hours of a solid workout, so I ran my marathon, except I had not trained for it. :o

My muscles will be sore all week, but I am glad I did it. The weather was perfect, the scenery gorgeous and I was with good patient, upbeat company.

Regarding nutrition, I did not want to burden my hosts with dietary needs, we had a sandwich while hiking and in the evening, we came home to pasta and, of course, drank wine. I ate reasonably (still not hungry and used to small portions by now) and did not wake up with a hangover so, I cannot see how I cannot be in a calorie deficit.

Weightwise, I weighed at 149.6 lbs this morning, so .8 lbs up. I am not gonna freak out. Might be carb water weight, might be water weight due to muscle inflammation, might be my body gearing up for TOM.

TTOM, what does the extra "T" stand for, Diana?

I wish everyone a good day!

Radiojane
08-13-2013, 11:22 AM
Down about a half pound of water from my binge this morning. I'm still stepping on the scale daily, but I think I'm going to start doing the official "one day a week" thing.

Calories in yesterday:2214 (still higher than I want to be but I think I need to ease back in for a bit)

Salad with hard boiled egg, cottage cheese, shrimp, pickles broccoli, green peppers, cucumbers and spinach

homemade salmon and broccoli patty

a handful of mini reese cups

2 homemade pretzels (this is my bf's latest hobby, and it isn't good for the waist line)

Yesterday calories out:420
30 Minute swim

Psychic
08-13-2013, 11:29 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1805
Today's Weight: 172.2

B - Whole Grain Waffles w/ Light Syrup & Butter Flavored Pam
S - String Cheese
L - Subway 6 in. Buffalo Chicken on Wheat w/ Ranch, Cheese, Spinach, Cucumbers, and Jalepenos
D - Amazing Chicken + Lo Mein + Ginger Ale
S - Chicken & Waffle Flavored Chips + Smoked Gouda
Exercise: 30 Minutes Walking Slow Pace (app. 95 Calories)

I was over on my calories, but that is to be expected. I will be over today as well due to the fair. I'll be back to eating healthy and exercising tomorrow.

IanG
08-13-2013, 11:52 AM
Up 0.2 pounds today.

Breakfast: 2 pieces of toasted low calorie bread with raw mushrooms and mayo lite. Some olives. 1 coffee, milk no sugar.

Lunch: Salad with dungeness crab, maine cherrystone clams, caviar, pickled herring, pickled garlic, spicy quails eggs, curry hummus, lettuce, tomato, mushrooms, onion, corn, strawberries, green beans, bulgar wheat.

Dinner: Will drink beer.

Exercise: Did 60 minutes of weights before lunch. Will play squash tonight :)

Matisse
08-13-2013, 12:13 PM
Your salads are getting funkier, Ian, and I mean it in a totally good way!

Syckgirlsfv
08-13-2013, 01:40 PM
Morning! :spin::coffee::wave:

Left my house this morning, forgot my coffee but remember just a few doors down and turned around to get it...BUT, I was almost to the freeway when DH called to tell me I had forgotten my ziploc of trail mix for my greek yogurt. THAT was my breakfast! :cry: SO, I didn't have my yogurt (don't like it all smooth and by itself) and instead had 2 mini Twix out of the executive director's candy bowl :dizzy: Not the greatest nutritional meal, I know...but I just had 2 celery stalks w/peanut butter for snack, too.

Lunch - Tofu w/light jarlsberg and avocado tomatillo salsa

PM snack - the orange I didn't eat yesterday if I get hungry.

Dinner - chicken breasts, probably in the pressure cooker w/cream of mushroom soup and baby bella mushrooms. maybe some refried beans with it. DH will be making juice this afternoon and saving mine for me, so that will be the day's veggies! :carrot::cb::broc:

We had a good workout last night - I did biceps, triceps, and legs. Tonight is my night to stay til 5 at work (or, in my book, 4:45 :p ) so we will be taking about an hour long walk. Pretty soon it's going to be too dark to ride our bikes after work any more :( so we're going to have to save that for weekends.

:bike2::bike2::bike2::bike2::bike2::bike2::bike2:: bike2::bike2::bike2::bike2:

jessica2231
08-13-2013, 02:00 PM
morning all. So I didnt stick to my plan all the way but i did stay in a deficit. Today I have planned my meals better. Im thinking of starting a data spreadsheet again. I was very much so into when I was data logging everythin. ;)

shelflife
08-13-2013, 02:27 PM
Wt: 170.0
B: Buffalo chickpea salad.
Sn: Trail mix
L: Amy's enchilada & a freestone peach
S: Roasted beet salad, gnocchi

Diane69
08-13-2013, 02:49 PM
matisse I am just eating clean, no processed foods and no white stuff like bread, rice or potatoes. All fresh ingredients either from our garden or bought from the produce market. I don't snack and I am trying to eat less fruit. I don't eat past 6 pm and I never eat more than 1200 cal. Though it seems 900 cal. Is my average. I exercise everyday, usually 90 min. To 2 hrs of walking with my dogs. Trying to keep it simple and clean so that when I get to maintenance I won't have to change much and risk gaining again.

Syckgirlsfv
08-13-2013, 03:29 PM
Wt: 170.0
B: Buffalo chickpea salad.
Sn: Trail mix
L: Amy's enchilada & a freestone peach
S: Roasted beet salad, gnocchi

Would you mind sharing what's in the buffalo chickpea salad? That sounds amazing, and chickpeas are SUPER good for you! :D

Diana3271
08-13-2013, 08:58 PM

Diane I don't think you are losing slowly. The most that I ever lost in a single month was 10.8 pounds. I think I averaged 5 or 6 pounds a month.

Oxalis Good job on the .8. Keep up the great work!

Matisee Congrats on the hike! I say TTOM, some people say TOM. That time of the month. Great job keeping things in moderation.

Radiojane Good job on the half pound! Keep working your plan and easing into things if you need to.

Psychic Have fun!

Ian Good luck with your squash game tonight.

Syckgirlsfv How did it go today with your coworker?

Jessica I like to keep track and plan things, too. It seems to work better for me.

Shelflife Your meals sound very good.

Diana3271
08-13-2013, 09:00 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled chicken breast 400 calories

Exercise:
Les Mills Sports Attack
Leslie Sansone Red and Green Miles

Matisse
08-13-2013, 10:57 PM
matisse I am just eating clean, no processed foods and no white stuff like bread, rice or potatoes. All fresh ingredients either from our garden or bought from the produce market. I don't snack and I am trying to eat less fruit. I don't eat past 6 pm and I never eat more than 1200 cal. Though it seems 900 cal. Is my average. I exercise everyday, usually 90 min. To 2 hrs of walking with my dogs. Trying to keep it simple and clean so that when I get to maintenance I won't have to change much and risk gaining again.

Thanks. I was afraid you were going to say something that I could not do like Atkins (I need/love veggies and fruits) or SlimFast.

You are very active. Kudos on the success so far.

Diana - Thank you. I hope you had a good day.

My food log :

B : All Bran Spuds + Greek yogurt + peach and a bit of milk. Latte.
L : Scampi salad with parmesan, tomatoes, cucumber, radishes and lettuce.
S : Choco-pear protein bar (200 cal.) + espresso with a bit of steamed milk
D : Chicken skewers asian style, cucumber salad with mirin, roasted carrots and turnip, rice. A sliver of opera cake.
S : One peach + one small piece of chili 70 % cocoa chocolate.

Exercise : 30 min. of low-intensity elliptical, especially backward elliptical to help get rid of my leg muscle pain.

Start the press. My mom gave me a compliment. I told her I had not really lost weight in the two weeks I had been there. Only .4 lbs actually. She said that I looked different and that my clothes did not fit me the same. She said : "you must have developped more muscles."

I was glad that someone noticed and especially my mom who had called me "50 lbs overweight" a few days ago. Yeah, I really need to be under 100 lbs. :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, almost all forgotten after this welcomed compliment.

Syckgirlsfv
08-13-2013, 11:30 PM
Diana - she's crazy as a loon, thanks! LOL :dizzy:

Oh well...there's to much to do there to have to bother with her madness...I'm too busy to deal with it. But somebody else said she was acting weird today, and I said 'how can you tell?!?!?' which wasn't nice but it's the truth...weirder than usual, I guess!

We went for a mile and a half walk tonight to get a DVD from Redbox. Olympus Has Fallen...it's supposed to be good.

I made chicken breast in my pressure cooker tonight...tossed in a can of cream of mushroom, some baby bella mushrooms, and a can of kidney beans. Steamed broccoli on the side - it was so GOOD! I get to have a glass or two of wine tonight :cheers:

Zima
08-14-2013, 12:05 AM
Hi!

Calories: 1480

Exercise: 5:00 PM Jillian Michaels Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism = 54 minutes

Diana3271
08-14-2013, 07:18 AM

Last night I added on:
Energy Balancing Practice from Quick Start Yoga for Weight Loss

Weigh In: 159.4
Up: .2

I expected a gain since I had such a major drop yesterday. The .2 up is better than I had expected. TTOM is still looming and hasn't started yet, but is expected any time now.

Enjoy your day!

oxalis
08-14-2013, 08:20 AM
Morning!

I've dropped all of the water weight and TOM is here (which is odd because I usually retain more water during this time)! Not to sure if a whoosh will actually happen, as I've being eating around maintenance most of the month, but I'm hoping all the the exercise I've been doing will give me a drop of a pound or two. :crossed:

today's weight: 134.7 (-1.3)
yesterday's calories: 1,200
yesterday's exercise: 2.5 mile run and 30 minutes on the cybex, approx. 575 c. burn

Matisse
08-14-2013, 08:23 AM
.2 lbs up too and I could say that : "TTOM is still looming and hasn't started yet, but is expected any time now." It is imminent and might explain why I was so hungry last night. I resisted, yay me!

Diane69
08-14-2013, 09:25 AM
Diana I have to confess I did the HCG Diet two years ago and dropped 75 lbs. I know from the past I can drop weight easily but also like anyone else I can regain quickly too. So I eat somewhat the same as HCG maintanence no sugar no carbs but am sticking to the 1200 threshold for calories. I do add fresh fruit and yesterday a protein shake for breakfast. But my main factor is to eat clean nothing processed other than organic bottled dressing for my salads. More than anything the diet taught me control hence the reason that I do not snack! I learned the difference between being hungry and the feeling of being empty (which is a good feeling) hope I don't get booted off this site for mentioning it :-)

Down 1lb this morning! Feeling great about this process!

Gonna Get There Soon
08-14-2013, 09:47 AM
I haven't budged an once on that stupid scale. But I haven't been walking lately either...so I guess it's to be expected.

I did increase my walk to 4 miles daily, so I'm happy about that. Now I just need to do it. The last time my DH and I walked we literally got swarmed by misquitos on the dirt road we were on. :( My poor dog had literally hundreds on his nose! So I think that might have scared me off.
But time to get going again.

1280 cals in
0 exercise

167 lbs

Have a good one guys!

Syckgirlsfv
08-14-2013, 02:01 PM
:wave::wave::wave:

Enjoying the quiet here at work - the crazy coworker still isn't talking to me much and is staying out of my office, which lets me get my work done in peace! :D

Breakfast - 0% Fage Greek yogurt w/handful of trail mix
S - 1/4 Twix bar w/peanut butter, apple
L - boneless beef rib leftover from the other night (pressure cooked :dizzy:) and steamed broccoli from last night
S - celery stalks w/peanut butter
D- hmmmm...not sure yet. Need to find out what DH is in the mood for, but most likely either garden burgers, salmon patties, or turkey burgers.

4 pounds of water still hanging on, but starting to drop with the arrival of TOM. The water is being SUPER stubborn now! RAWR! LOL :lol::joker::rofl:

IanG
08-14-2013, 02:53 PM
Squash was fun last night. But up 1.4 pounds today :(

I think my salads have gotten too big and I am eating like a maintainer. I am going to try to scale them back.

Lunch: Salad with sardines, caviar, pickled garlic, Spanish hummus, lettuce, tomato, mushrooms, onion, corn, blueberries, black beans, bulgar wheat, avocado.

Exercise: Did 45 minutes of weights in the morning. Ran 5 miles before lunch.

Radiojane
08-14-2013, 03:34 PM
Down another 1.1 of my binge regain, (just another 8.9 to go.... I can't believe how much water I can put on over night).

Yesterday calories in:1632
Salad with cottage cheese, boiled egg and shrimp on top
Smokie with a bun
steamed beets
green beans
homemade breakfast meatloaf (pork and beef wrapped around a hard boiled egg
2 reese peanut butter cups (They're all gone now and I'm NOT buying any more)

Yesterday calories out:419 + walking the dog
25 Minute swim

crispin
08-14-2013, 06:01 PM
The past two days, I've been up 2 pounds. I suspect that's because I've been having two beers the past few nights. Tragically, beer makes me bloat and retain water. I'll abstain a few days and see if the weight comes off from that alone.

crispin
08-14-2013, 06:03 PM
On the plus side, I run a 5k route in my local park. Today was the first day I ran the whole thing, besides a couple minutes at the start and end to warm-up and cool down. I'm really excited about this b/c running it w/o walk breaks has been a goal of mine for a long time, so yay on that! I shall celebrate with a beer! ;)

crispin
08-14-2013, 06:11 PM
Enjoying the quiet here at work - the crazy coworker still isn't talking to me much and is staying out of my office, which lets me get my work done in p1eace! :D

Gotta love when the crazies leave you alone. What was your strategy? Did you just ignore her and she got the hint or did you need to explicitly tell her that her case of the crazies was bringing you down?

Syckgirlsfv
08-14-2013, 06:36 PM
Gotta love when the crazies leave you alone. What was your strategy? Did you just ignore her and she got the hint or did you need to explicitly tell her that her case of the crazies was bringing you down?

I dared to suggest to her not be 'emotionally distressed' or have a nervous breakdown in my office...that was last Thursday. That, and I haven't given her any indication that it's ok to engage me in any kind of conversation other than work-related since then. :dizzy:

So I guess it was a little of both! :D

crispin
08-14-2013, 06:58 PM
Ha, yes, how "dare" you :D. Well done!

IanG
08-14-2013, 08:00 PM
Skip dinner and just drink beer if you are going to drink beer Crispin. That has been my strategy all along and (until 180lbs at least) worked wonders.

alaskanlaughter
08-14-2013, 08:03 PM
finished out my summer full of kids today!! had 62 students today and 66 yesterday with a completely and utterly unhelpful co-manager....been counting down the days til the summer program is over...that whole situation has been so horribly frustrating and stressful :( I spend tomorrow in meetings and at the summer program site without students and then I am DONE(!!!) and can focus on putting together my school program at another site

once my winter schedule starts next week I can spend more like 45-60 minutes at the gym daily instead of squeeking in 30 minutes at 5:30 a.m.....I wont be around as much food/sugar/carbs/wheat either so hopefully that will help...and I wont be as stressed and I will also be getting more sleep...finally feeling like i'm on the downhill side of the summer!!

Diana3271
08-14-2013, 08:57 PM

Zima I like that workout with Jillian, too. It's pretty tough.

Oxalis Good job on the 1.3 pounds!

Matisse Good job resisting last night. It's especially tough during TTOM.

Diane Good job on the pound! What you are doing is working for you and you feel good. That's all that matters.

Gonna Get There Soon Good to see you check in.

Syckgirlsfv Did you juice today?

Ian Good job analyzing things.

Radiojane Good job on the water weight and sticking with your plan.

Crispin Good job on the 5K!

Alaskanlaughter I'm glad things are going to be winding down for you.

Diana3271
08-14-2013, 09:03 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled sirloin 500 calories

Exercise:
Chris Freytag Kick Start Your Metabolism w/#5's

Zima
08-14-2013, 10:30 PM
Hello!

I started my period today. I've been feeling very hungry, but I haven't gone over my allotted calories. Gotta put up the good fight and stay strong! >.< I know this means that I probably won't see a loss on the scale this Friday when I weigh myself, and that really bothers me. I just hope it's not a gain.

Calories: 1500

Exercise: 10:00 AM-Full Body Sculpt Class for 1 hour. 4:30pm-mowed the lawn. 5:30 PM-rode my bike for 35 minutes.

Matisse
08-15-2013, 12:04 AM
Aren't our periods all synced or what? It's boarding school all over again! Congrats on Zima and Diana for staying strong despite the cravings.

------------

Back home! Not sure yet if I start work tomorrow or on Friday. The condo is a total mess, so I hope it's later than sooner.

B : All Bran Spuds with vanilla Greek yogurt, milk and an apple. Latte.
L : 2 large eggs omelette with celery, tomatoes, onion, fresh basil, cilantro and rosemary and Parmesan. A Belgian bread toast. Cappucino.
S : 10 almonds
D : Toasted Subway turkey sandwich with cheddar, avocado, cucumber, tomatoes, spinach, green peppers, banana pepper, red onion and Dijon mustard. Apple bag. <I was travelling.>

I hope the scale is good to me tomorrow.

Sleepy night ya'all!

Diana3271
08-15-2013, 07:24 AM

Last night I added on: Restorative Poses for Relaxation for Yoga for Stress Relief

TTOM still looming but has not shown up, yet.

Weigh In: 159
Down: .4

Enjoy your day!

Gonna Get There Soon
08-15-2013, 08:58 AM
Did ok yesterday, but no exercise. We have closing on our first house, so this week has been crazy!! But as far as eating, I seem to be staying relatively OP. Should be getting close to being done with TOM......all I want for Christmas is a hysterectomy!! UGH! Seems like it just keeps getting more painful every month.

1335 in
0 exercise.. :(

Have a good one!!

Diane69
08-15-2013, 09:25 AM
Good morning! No change for me this morning but I kinda expected it after my loss yesterday. Getting ready for a dog show weekend, showing 3 dogs. Looking forward to getting into the ring again!

Have a great day everyone!

oxalis
08-15-2013, 09:25 AM
Morning Everyone!

No exercise again yesterday (I get so tired w/ TOM it's hard to do anything) but today I managed to get my rear up and walk for an hour on the treadmill. Didn't get my heart rate up that much, but I least I went and did it.

Matisse: I was just thinking the same thing!

today's weight: 135.5 (+.8)
yesterday's calories: 1,850
yesterday's exercise: n/a :mad:

Matisse
08-15-2013, 09:57 AM
Not looming anymore, although it's weird because I have been cramping for a whole day before there was finally a release of endometrium. This is going to be more painful than usual - which is already bad - so Anaprox, I am counting on you because I have no dilaudid. Thank God works starts tomorrow.

Up .6 lbs since yesterday. Aunt Flo brought me back to the 150's. How cruel!

I hope I am not too graphic for the man/men in this thread.

Radiojane
08-15-2013, 11:32 AM
No change in weight for me today either, but I overdid it on my arms swimming yesterday, so DOMS may be to blame.

Yesterday calories in: 1788 (pretty much exactly the same as yesterday)
Yesterday calories out:419+ Dog walking

crispin
08-15-2013, 01:34 PM
Aren't our periods all synced or what?!

:rofl: Mine just ended yesterday!