Fitness Videos - August 2013 - Turbo Fire & More Check-In - All types of workouts are welcome here

Diana3271
07-31-2013, 04:01 PM
We do all types of workouts in this check-in. We are not limited to Turbo Fire. Please join in, if you are looking for a place to log your workouts and to be accountable with your fitness goals.

Let's make this a great month! :cheer2:

Diana3271
08-01-2013, 07:40 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Last night I added on:
7 Minute Premix from Strong Knees
Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

Have a great day!

TurboLaura
08-01-2013, 11:06 AM
Whoa - August!! Thanks for getting us started, Diana!

Today - combat 30 and TF core 20.

teacher1
08-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Diana- thanks for starting the thread :)

Laura-hi :)

today- pilates 45 min ymca and swimming at my parent's house

Diana3271
08-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Check-In: 4 Mile Mall Walk

Great workouts, everyone! I'm running late tonight. I'll catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Diana3271
08-02-2013, 07:10 AM
Good Morning :wave: TGIF! :yay:

I am so glad for the weekend!

Last night I added on: Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Enjoy your day!

Diana3271
08-02-2013, 04:42 PM

Check-In: KCM's 30 MTF TLC w/weighted gloves

I had my follow up with the Endo today, to go over my labs. My thyroid is finally regulated! It only took a year, LOL. The Dr. was thinking she would be able to take me down on my dosage but it is finally in a good range. I have lost 1 pound according to their scale. I think I lost 1 or 2 pounds the last time. So I am on a downward trend. It's slow, but at least it's going in the right direction. My HR was 68 and my BP 96/72. She even commented on my hair. It has grown a lot in the last couple of months. My hair took a major hit while my meds were off. She still said that it might take time for my body to completely regulate from everything being off. My BMI is in a normal range so she wants me to keep doing what I have been doing. If I lose some weight, that will only be for my happiness since she feels everything is good. I told her that I added a short yoga session at night and she was happy with that. She saw a couple scratches on my arm and asked about them. They are from Cody. I told her that we got a puppy and she said that pets are good for people and their stress levels. (hmm, she hasn't met Cody, the puppy that transforms into the evil little Tasmanian devil at night ).

teacher1
08-02-2013, 06:03 PM
Diana- wonderful news from the doctor!!! I'm glad things are on the right track for you. Cody will eventually be a stress reliever. I think dogs are but not sure about puppies. :)

Laura- hi :)

today- ymca water tabata 1 hour and river walk 30 min

Zima
08-02-2013, 08:25 PM
I love these accountability threads :) Not only do I keep myself accountable, but I get ideas of other workouts to try. Thank you!

Yesterday, I rode my bike for 15 min and then did Jackie Warner's One-On-One Training: Core, which is 20 minutes.

Today, I rode my bike for 15 min, then did Jackie Warner's One-On-One Training: Lower Body, which is 20 minutes.

teacher1
08-02-2013, 08:34 PM
zima- welcome!!!! I love Jackie Warner :) I have 2 of her workout DVDS. I should bust them out again soon :)

Diana3271
08-02-2013, 10:41 PM
Laura Hi :wave:

Teacher Good job on the Tabata workout! I hear you about puppies vs. adult dogs. When the puppy is bad, it's really bad. When it's good, it's the sweetest little thing. :D

Zima Hi and welcome to the check-in! Good job on the workouts! Jackie is tough!

TurboLaura
08-03-2013, 01:16 AM
Hey ladies!!

Welcome Zima!! We have a very nice accountability/relationship with each other on this thread. It's been going for over a year:). Nice workouts!! Dio you recommend those DVD's?

Teacher - Waahoo on the long workouts : ). What is Tabata?

Diana--wonderful news from your doctor :cheer2: thyroid can be so darn tricky. Great news on you hair improvements, too! Cody will settle down and get used to the routine - puppies are amazing and wonderful ... And a ton of work :). Photo please :D

Tonight - combat 30. Hubby and I also did 1.5 hours of serious yardwork!

Diana3271
08-03-2013, 08:07 AM
Good Morning and Happy Weekend to All! :wave:

Last night I added on: PM Yoga Meditations from Gael Chiarella Track-Restful and Rejuvenating Sleep

Have a great day!

teacher1
08-03-2013, 11:50 AM
Laura- tabata is high intensity interval training in the pool

Diana & Zima- hi :)

I lost 2 pounds this week. So in the last 4 weeks I'm down 9 pounds. Fingers crossed I see onederland next Sat. I'm off to a party for my father-in-laws retirement.

today- rest

Diana3271
08-03-2013, 11:58 AM
I lost 2 pounds this week. So in the last 4 weeks I'm down 9 pounds. Fingers crossed I see onederland next Sat. I'm off to a party for my father-in-laws retirement.

Congrats! Have fun at the party.

Diana3271
08-03-2013, 10:33 PM

I took a rest day today. We went to visit a friend in the hospital who had emergency surgery this morning.

Laura Yard work is great exercise.

Diana3271
08-04-2013, 08:39 AM

Last night I did: Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

Have a great day!

teacher1
08-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Diana- I hope your friend is better

Laura and Zima- hi

today- elip 30 min & treadmill 30 min.... I wish this rain would stop.

TurboLaura
08-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Teacher - Tabata sounds great. NICE LOSS on the scale!!!! You're going to get to onederland next week :)

Diana - hello!! :wave: Is your friend ok???

No workout for me yesterday = ended up stripping wallpaper, seeing that the walls were in poor shape and re-wallpapered my kitchen. Never done it before so it was EXTREMELY slow.....6 hours and then 3 more hours today!
Will do a workout tonight for sure :)

Diana3271
08-04-2013, 08:33 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Upper Body Weights Premix w/#5's
Kathy Smith Project You Fat Burning Long Lean

I am trying weights again. Some of the moves were higher rep and was quite fatiguing for the muscles. I am planning to do each section upper/lower once per week. That should be enough to maintain my muscles strength. We'll see how it goes.

Our friend, Danny is the one with the bladder cancer and he had the heart stint. He has had several set backs and complications. He has went from being a fairly healthy person to very sick within a couple of months. It has been a very difficult time for him since he has never been sick nor has he ever been in the hospital.

Zima Hi :wave:

Teacher Good job on the combo workout. Are you going to Sub. this school year?

Laura Good job on the home projects. I totally hate them. :lol:

Diana3271
08-05-2013, 06:54 AM

Last night I added on:
Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Have a great day!

teacher1
08-05-2013, 05:10 PM
Diana- wow, that's a lot going on with your friend. I hope he gets better soon.
I do plan on subbing but just in 1 district this year since they increased the amount of days you have to sub. I'm already booked for 2 days in Aug and 1 in Oct. Teachers go back tomorrow. This is the week I'm thankful not to be teaching. I don't miss inservice training days.

today- muscle pump ymca 1 hour- it's a total body weight class. I did really light weights since I wasn't sure how the class would go. It went pretty good. I just need to force myself into some strength training.

Diana3271
08-05-2013, 09:32 PM

Check-In: 4 Mile Mall Walk

Teacher Is Muscle Pump like Les Mills Pump? It sound like it is. Was the music good?

Hi Laura and Zima

Diana3271
08-06-2013, 07:01 AM

Last night I added on: 1/2 of Anxiety Relief from Yoga for Stress Relief

This was a longer premix, so I only did about 1/2 of it. Hopefully the DVD player will pick back up where I stopped it.

Have a great day!

teacher1
08-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Diana- yes, I looked up Les Mills and it's just like it. The music was good and I like this teacher. She also teaches pilates and cycle with a British accent- super cute.

Laura and Zima- hi :)

Ahhh, super sore today. Even with light weights, I have DOMS today. So I thought cycle might be a bit much. I have a confession- ever since Sat. my eating has been horrible. The scale is jumping back up :( Back on the wagon- hoping I can get back to 201 by Sat. Looks like onederland won't come this week. I'm sad I keep doing good and then slide back but foods my biggest struggle. Baby steps back in the right direction!!

today- swimming at my parent's house

Diana3271
08-06-2013, 08:59 PM

Check-In: KCM's 30 MTF Circuit Burn Cardio/Boxing Premix w/#1 hand weights.

Teacher You acknowledged your slip and you can get right back on track. Can you remove the problematic foods from the house? I have a lot of food issues and cannot be around certain foods. I don't even bring them in the house because I can't eat them in moderation. I feel totally weird being like that but that's the way it is. DH wanted pizza last week. I cannot eat pizza in moderation and be satisfied. I got me something from Jason's deli to go. I walked into the pizza place with my food. I told them that I had a food allergy and could not eat their food. They understood and everything was fine. DH had pizza and was happy, I was able to get full and satisfied with my food. DH wanted to go to a buffet on Sunday. I did the same thing with Jason's deli. I cannot go to that buffet and eat in moderation. Again I told them that I had a food allergy. It worked out for the both of us.

Laura & Zima :wave:

Diana3271
08-07-2013, 07:16 AM

Last night I added on: The last 1/2 of Anxiety Relief from Yoga for Stress Relief

Have a great day!

Diana3271
08-07-2013, 03:21 PM

Check-In: TF Fire 60

I hope you are having a great day!

teacher1
08-07-2013, 10:16 PM
Laura- hi, getting ready for the big trip?

Diana- Thank you, that's really good advice. I just really lack some willpower and get side tracked. Today was another rough food day but this was because I was an emotional mess.

My dog went back to the vet today because he's been really tired the last 3 days and not being himself. He just finished all his medicine last Tues. After $640 in tests found out he has another kidney infection :( this is a different strain of infection than the last one. So now he's being tested for Leptospirosis which is a bacterial disease that affects animals and humans. So he can't go to my parents since it's contagious to their dogs :( I figure he's already exposed my other dog if he ends up having it. It frustrates me since my dogs get the lepto vaccine but there are so many strains it doesn't cover them all. Plus, they found a tumor on his neck. The biopsy didn't look like cancer but they have to send it off for more testing. I thought I was being dramatic taking him in for being tired and now he's major medical again. I just can't get a break with him. I just can't believe he's having all these problems and he's only 5. However, my other dog rarely gets sick probably because she's so naughty. Just like it school- the naughty ones are never sick. I feel like a bad mom since he keeps getting sick but we always take them to the vet. He's back on the same medicine until they get the test results.

today- swimming at my parent's house... before my dog was banished. I keep giving my mom a hard time but I don't blame her for not wanting the infection spreading. Yikes!!! What a mess

Diana3271
08-08-2013, 07:13 AM

Last night I added on: Lullaby with the Breath from Gael Chiarella's PM Yoga Meditations

Teacher Please don't feel like a bad Mama. I can tell you are doing the best you can and you love your little on with all of your heart. I am not familiar with those bacteria's, etc. What causes them? Most tumors are fatty tumors. I am hoping that's the case. Keep us updated. Sending healthy thoughts your way for your little one. What is his name?

Enjoy your day!

TurboLaura
08-08-2013, 03:15 PM
Hey ladies,

Diana - so sorry to hear of you sick friend. Cancer is so devaatating :(. How are you holding up with everything?
What a great idea to bring different food with ypu to a pizza and buffet place . Hou're quite an inspiration!!!! : D

Teacher - your poor baby! My guy who is prone to kidney/bladder infections alsways gets 2 back to back. It's pretty strange but it always happens. So sorry that you both have to go through the stress of a sick baby :(.
Good job for getting back on track with eating. When I start with 1 meal it tends to go through 3 days........we're all in this together :)

So sorry I've been MIA!! Ended up wallpapering the livingroom because there was more ugly dark paneling under the old wallpaper and I didn't want to have to hire someone to come and replaster the walls. I'm pretty happy with how everything has turned out!
Sunday - 3 mile walk
Monday - combat 30
Tues - combat 60
Wed - Martha's Vineyard for the day so no workout
Today - combat 30 and upper 20 :)

teacher1
08-08-2013, 05:47 PM
Laura- thanks... wow, you're so handy doing the home improvements.

Diana- thanks, his name is Bruiser. The vet called to check on him but his results won't be in until mid-late next week. He's just kind of depressed looking but then again it's really cloudy and rainy here so it could just be the weather. How's Cody?

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
08-08-2013, 09:28 PM

Check-In:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt Plus Leg Work Premix w/#5's
Cardio Kickboxing from #10 Slimdown Xtreme w/#1's

Laura Our friend's brother came into town to visit him and he has cheered up a lot. Things are so much better when you have a positive attitude.

Teacher Sending healing thoughts for Bruiser. {{hugs}} Cody is a terrorist in a puppy disguise. :rofl: He's doing well but he is all puppy. When we are at work he is as calm as can be. As soon as we get home, he is an evil tasmanian devil dog. :lol:

Precious Little
08-08-2013, 09:45 PM
Hey you guys! I dropped off the radar for a while, but that doesn't mean I haven't been thinking of you all, and hope things are okay.

Teacher: I really hope your dog can recover quickly. I know it's just awful knowing your beloved pet is sick and feeling powerless to help. Sending good vibes your way (and to pooch!)

Diana: Its understandable your eating has gone off track for a bit, especially with you worrying about your sick friend.

Laura: Glad to hear you've been able to achieve a good result with your living room! I am only at the planning stages of doing some DIY myself, looking at refreshing the back end (living area) of the house and a bit unsure where to start (because it seems like EVERYTHING needs doing). No doubt I"ll get around to it (one day!!).

I've been super busy in the last few months and working my way through a few family/home dramas but am keepin' it real by sticking (fairly rigidly) to my TurboFire workouts... and they have been a sanity sanctuary for me!

NSV:
Noticed I could see my hipbones a couple days ago... (without poking them that is :lol: ) soooo excited about that... and new definition in my arms and shoulders... :hyper: and my abs are getting a few more cuts... and even though I"m absolutely CERTAIN I'm heavier (haven't weighed in just yet) I actually DON'T mind... cray-cray or what!?!?!? Naah... it's cuz I've got me some muscle... yaaaaayz!!!

For some reason I keep hearing Chalene's voice in my head, "If you want a soft body, do a soft workout... if you want a hard body... you gotta do a HARD workout!!"

Diana3271
08-09-2013, 06:59 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :carrot:

Last night I added on:

Precious Little Congrats on your NSV!

Have a great day!

teacher1
08-09-2013, 03:05 PM
Diana- ah, the life of a puppy... never dull :)

Precious Little- hi, glad your enjoying the TF workouts... NSV are great!

Laura- hi

today- elip 30 min

Anyone have fun weekend plans?

Diana3271
08-09-2013, 04:40 PM

Check-In: Leslie Sansone 4 Mile Power Walk

Teacher Nothing fun or different for the weekend for me. How about you?

Laura :wave:

TurboLaura
08-09-2013, 11:17 PM
Hey ladies!

Teacher - thinking of you and Bruiser. It's so hard when a baby is sick :(
Nothing too exciting for the weekend - just packing and getting ready for our trip to Maui! Bought a few new things today as I love having new clothing for a vacation - got a new dress, 2 new tops and another pair of shorts.

Diana - Oh the joys of a puppy! As I mentioned earlier, my Sheldon was a maniac puppy...gorgeous and as sweet and loving as can be but a maniac :) Cody must be a love!

Precious Little - Welcome back! Thanks for your kind words - our kitchen and living rooms look great now :) Nice workouts and love those hip bones! Awesome quote by Chalene - she's the best.

Today: Combat 30. LOVE LOVE LOVE this workout.

Diana3271
08-10-2013, 07:43 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Happy Weekend! :carrot:

Last night I added on: Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

Laura Yay for the new vacation clothes! :yay: What day are you leaving? I hope you have a wonderful time. Where are you staying? I would love to go to one of those all inclusive couples resorts one day. Hmm, maybe without all the other nekkid women. :lol: Those commercials on TV make it look so wonderful, glamorous and relaxing.

Enjoy your day!

teacher1
08-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Diana- I agree with you... an all inclusive tropical vacation sounds wonderful. It's on my bucket list.

Laura- oh so exciting. I can't wait to hear all about the trip :) When your dog gets kidney infections how do you know? Is it always a trip to the vet for a urine & blood test?

I gained 4 pounds this week. I know, super bad, but I know next week the number will go down. I have some wonderful news. Bruiser's vet called and he's negative for lepto :) So now we're just waiting for the results on the tumor.

Diana3271
08-10-2013, 11:00 PM

Check-In: Cindy Whitmarsh's Total Body Sculpt w/5's

This workout has 5 different 10 minute sections. One of them is cardio, too.

Teacher Good news about Bruiser's test results. I'm hoping for the best for the other one, too. I am hoping it's a benign fatty tumor.

Laura :wave:

TurboLaura
08-11-2013, 08:58 AM
Hey!! :wave:

Saturday workout : Combat 45 Power Kata

Teacher - We know Wally has an infection because he has accidents. Otherwise, he will never, ever have one. The last time it was so close to his prior infection, I got a sample in a tuperware and took it to the vet to be tested. She saw an infection and just gave me antibiotics. We've never done a blood test for it but perhaps Bruiser has something different. Wally's infections have been in his bladder and urinary tract, not kidneys. The last 2 times she gave him 14 days 2x a day of strong meds and we have been good for months :)

Diana - So excited to get to Maui and I always need some type of new clothing for a vacation :)

Today: Rest and packing day!!

teacher1
08-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Laura- you're going to have so much fun :) Enjoy the beautiful island!

Diana- hi

We celebrated my mom's bday and my sister going off to college last night. My sister leaves on Tues and my mom's bday is Wed but they'll be in Kansas City. It's going to be a super busy week for me with my parents gone and taking care of my brother. Plus, school starts Wed. where I sub and I'm signed up to sub at the end of the week. I'm ready to fast forward this week :)

ncweightloss
08-11-2013, 02:42 PM
Just finished Turbo Jam Cardio Party #2 -- the first time I've gotten through the whole workout in YEARS. I am sweaty and pleasantly exhausted, but very proud of this since it's the DVD that always works me the hardest.

teacher1
08-11-2013, 06:49 PM
ncweightloss- welcome!!! I love Turbo Jam!!!
We do all sorts of workouts here :)

Diana3271
08-11-2013, 08:19 PM

Check-In: TF Fire 60 w/#1 hand weights

I was too worn out to do yoga last night. I crashed!

ncweightloss Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Teacher It sounds like you are going to have a busy week! Hang in there.

Laura Are you leaving tomorrow? Have a great time!

Diana3271
08-12-2013, 07:00 AM

Last night I added on:
Deep Rest from Yoga for Stress Relief

Enjoy your day!

teacher1
08-12-2013, 04:03 PM
Laura- hi, i think you may be off to your trip :)

Diana- hi :)

Diana3271
08-12-2013, 09:18 PM

Check-In: TF Fire 45 EZ w/#1 hand weights.

Teacher Any more news from the Vet about Bruiser?

Diana3271
08-13-2013, 06:59 AM

Last night I added on: Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

Enjoy your day!

teacher1
08-13-2013, 03:18 PM
Diana- just heard back today- you're right :) just a fatty tumor :) I'm so relieved. He'll just finish his medicine and go back in Oct. for a kidney check.

My sister left for college this morning :( I'm sad that she'll be so far away but I know it will be so exciting for her.

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
08-13-2013, 05:15 PM

Check-In:
Les Mills Sports Attack
Leslie Sansone Red and Green Miles

Teacher Awesome news! :carrot: What a blessing for you and Bruiser! :hug: Sorry about your Sis going away, but at least you can still stay in contact with emails and phone. Hang in there. I know she has some exciting times ahead of her. I'm sure she will want to share some sister/girlie stuff with you about school. Be there for you when you can.

Diana3271
08-14-2013, 07:14 AM

Last night I added on:
Energy Balancing Practice from Quick Start Yoga for Weight Loss

Enjoy your day!

Diana3271
08-14-2013, 05:33 PM

Check-In: Chris Freytag Kick Start Your Metabolism w/#5's

Enjoy your evening!

teacher1
08-14-2013, 06:47 PM
Diana- thanks!!! It's hard but it's what is best for her.

Diana3271
08-15-2013, 07:21 AM

Last night I added on: Restorative Poses for Relaxation for Yoga for Stress Relief

Enjoy your day!

teacher1
08-15-2013, 07:06 PM
Hi all,

Tomorrow will be my first sub job of the year. Always a little nervous to meet the new kiddos.

Diana3271
08-15-2013, 09:10 PM

Check-In: 5 Miles from Leslie Sansone's Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan

Teacher Good luck tomorrow! You can do it. Make it fun for you and the kids. Enjoy your day!

Diana3271
08-16-2013, 05:51 AM
Good Morning :wave: TGIF! :carrot:

Last night I added on: Relaxation Body Scan from PM Yoga Meditations

Enjoy your day!

teacher1
08-16-2013, 05:34 PM
Hello!!!

I survived my first day of subbing. Went well but so tired!!!

today- rest

Diana3271
08-16-2013, 09:39 PM

Check-In: Les Mills Combat 60 Live w/weighted gloves

Teacher Good job surviving! :D Enjoy your weekend! Here's my little one:

EDITED TO REMOVE PICTURE LINKS

Diana3271
08-17-2013, 08:29 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Happy Weekend to all! :woohoo:

Enjoy your day!

teacher1
08-17-2013, 08:01 PM
Diana- Cody is soooo cute!!!! Ah, you're making me miss the puppy days with those pictures.

Diana3271
08-17-2013, 09:32 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In: Chris Freytag Cardio Kickboxing w/#1 weighted gloves

Diana- Cody is soooo cute!!!! Ah, you're making me miss the puppy days with those pictures.

Teacher Don't be fooled by that cute, innocent face. :lol: Don't forget about the evil Tasmanian devil dog lurking. :rofl:

Precious Little
08-17-2013, 09:45 PM
Hi everyone!

Sticking to TF fairly rigidly, half way through week 11 ... did HIIT 25 and Tone 30. Going to have to go easy on the bands (using medium resistance) think I may have overworked my left shoulder... getting a little bit of tightness/aches.

Diana3271
08-18-2013, 08:19 AM

Last night I added on: Journey to your Sweet Spot (Peace Meditation) from Davidji

Precious Good job keeping up with TF! :carrot:

Enjoy your day!

Diana3271
08-18-2013, 09:03 PM

Check-In: Michelle Dozois Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn

Enjoy your evening and rest well.

teacher1
08-18-2013, 09:10 PM
Precious- hi, hope the shoulder feels better

Diana- he's too cute to ever get in trouble :)

Diana3271
08-19-2013, 07:13 AM

Last night I added on: Unwinding Muscle Tension from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Enjoy your day!

Diana3271
08-19-2013, 08:35 PM

Check-In: The Firm Hard Core Fusion w/#5''s

Teacher Are you subbing this week?

Enjoy your evening.

teacher1
08-19-2013, 09:44 PM
Hi all!!!

Diana- I sub today and nothing planned for the rest of the week. So tomorrow it's off to the y :)

today- swimming at my parent's house... I raced over there after work. I figure maybe a month or so left of swimming weather

Diana3271
08-20-2013, 07:16 AM

Last night I added on: Deep Rest from Yoga for Stress Relief

Enjoy your day!

Diana3271
08-20-2013, 05:19 PM

Check-In: Dana Pieper's Kickbox Challenge w/#1 & #2 hand weights

Teacher I think Cody is having "growing pains" right now. He is constantly whining and being very, very bad. DH is finding him very challenging right now. :lol: The funny thing is that he chose Cody because he was more energetic than the other puppy. That decision may have bitten him in the proverbial butt, literally! :rofl: I think poor DH actually got castrated last night. I haven't asked or looked. :rofl: DH was sitting in his recliner in his drawers last night. :eek: Cody came running up, grabbed a big mouth full :yikes: and took off running. :lol: All I heard was ouch, you son of a bleep! :rofl: It was ugly, very ugly. Hopefully tonight will be a better night. Pray for us. We need all the help we can get.

teacher1
08-20-2013, 05:43 PM
Diana- Ouch!!!! Oh, my goodness. He does sound like a hand full. I'm sure he'll start to settle down soon. Your poor DH!

I wonder when Laura gets back. I didn't make it to the y.

teacher1
08-21-2013, 03:33 PM
Hi all :)

today- ymca water tabata 1 hour

Diana3271
08-21-2013, 09:28 PM
In case a moderator gets a message, I accidentally hit the red exclamation mark when I meant to hit the reply button. :o Sorry about the confusion.

Check-In:
KCM's Start Here - Cardio Sculpt and Leg Work Premix w/5's
TF Fire 45
Tamilee Webb's Total Stretch for Beginners - Standing Section

Teacher It looks like I accidentally reported your post. :lol: Cody just knocked over DH's plastic cup with water. I cleaned up the water and just gave the cup to Cody since he just put holes in it from his teeth. He's pushing it and chasing it around the house right now. It has kept him busy for at least 30 minutes now. He is not interested in his toys, nope, he's interested in a plastic cup. :rofl:

Diana3271
08-22-2013, 07:18 AM

Enjoy your day!

Diana3271
08-22-2013, 05:12 PM

Check-In: Michelle Dozois Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn

Enjoy your evening.

teacher1
08-22-2013, 05:34 PM
Diana- my mom gives her dog empty milk jugs to play with but my silly boxer will tear them up and eat them :( He's not the brightest. He also eats rocks.

today- ymca pilates 45 min, swimming at my parent's house, and house cleaning. I'm wiped out!!

Diana3271
08-22-2013, 08:00 PM
Diana- my mom gives her dog empty milk jugs to play with but my silly boxer will tear them up and eat them :( He's not the brightest. He also eats rocks.

today- ymca pilates 45 min, swimming at my parent's house, and house cleaning. I'm wiped out!!

Teacher Does he eat the rocks whole or does he break them up? Does he pass them? :?: How is your hip doing?

Diana3271
08-23-2013, 07:20 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :yay: Happy Weekend to all! :woohoo:

Last night I added on:
Twist and Rest premix from Sara Ivanhoe's Taste

Enjoy your day!

teacher1
08-23-2013, 01:23 PM
Diana- he eats the rocks whole and them throws them up :( He did it a lot as a puppy and now just does if every once in a while. The internet says they eat rocks out of boredom and lack of attention. This bothered me a lot since when he was a puppy he went to daycare everyday I was at work and I always had a puppy sitter for him when we went out. It's not like I left him outside for hours. The only time he went out was for potty time. The vet said some dogs are just eat things. I've calmed down about it over the years. My little dog tears up blanket and pillows. She loved to pull out stuffing. We gone through so many blankets that now I just buy the cheap ones from Target. She's getting better with age but she still has her moments.

Diana3271
08-23-2013, 04:16 PM

Check-In: Andrea Metcalf Quick Fit Cardio (I used #1 hand weights during the boxing sections)

Teacher It sounds like you have your hands full at times. My little terror got on my last nerve today. He bit me on the back of my arm, on the sensitive area. He was just playing, I know. I can't wait for the biting stage to end, unless the next stage is worse. :lol: I ignored him and gave him the cold shoulder. He has had a bad attitude and has been sulking ever since. It's a vicious cycle. :dizzy: I know you are a good "mama" and take very good care of your little ones. All dogs are different, so I wouldn't take the internet advice personally.

teacher1
08-23-2013, 04:26 PM
Diana- Thanks! I hope your arm feels better. Giving the cold shoulder is a great strategy. My dogs are all about attention. I forgot to answer about my hip. It's about the same. Some days it hurts a little more and than it gets better. But it's not healing all the way. I'm frustrated but I have to admit I haven't been doing the pilates and yoga except yesterday, I went to pilates. I'm going to do my home yoga video this weekend. Next week will be random workouts since the y is doing the annual flooring cleanings so no inside exercise class from Tues-Tues. I'm going to try for 2 pilates and 2 yoga classes per week but at least 1 and see if that helps my hip.

Diana3271
08-24-2013, 07:47 AM

Last night I added on:

Enjoy your day!

teacher1
08-24-2013, 03:17 PM
Hi everyone!!!

Laura should be back soon :)

Precious Little
08-24-2013, 09:32 PM
Hi everyone,

I am nearing the end of wk 11 of TF. Just completed HIIT 25 and Sculpt 30 yesterday and I'm feeling a little sore... AWESOME! So excited to try Fire 60 soon... it looks like so much fun and the music is crazy.

Diana3271
08-24-2013, 09:38 PM

Check-In: Twists from Rodney Yee's AM Yoga for Your Week

I had to go up to my Mom's house today. Everything took longer than I anticipated, so I didn't get to do an additional workout. A few weeks back I followed up with the real estate agent about my Mom's house. His wife works with him and they did a walk through on the house. They felt it would be better if the house was cleaned and the remainder of the furniture removed. They put me in contact with a lady that works with them cleaning houses, etc. The funny thing is that I went to school with her and her whole family. I arranged to sell things to her, her family, friends, etc. She was to completely clean the house from top to bottom and remove everything. She also knew someone that does heat, a/c, and refrigeration work. My Dad has a lot of parts and equipment in the garage. I met the guy today at the house. He started looking through the stuff and knew exactly what the stuff was. I was thrilled to have someone there who would be able to put the stuff to good use. He asked how much I wanted for it. I told him to make an offer. He offered me more than I even thought he would. I am suppose to meet him back there next week to look at more of the stuff. It was so weird to see that house completely empty. I am very happy to have gotten the house cleaned, cleared out, the stuff went to people who wanted it, and I ended up with a few extra bucks. Any extra stuff that didn't move is in the garage. I have talked with the same lady about the garage. After we finish selling the stuff in there, she will get a family member to help clean the garage. It is such a relief for me to have this help. I am grateful the real estate agent knows people to help with all of this.

Teacher Have you had a chance to do the yoga workout?

Precious Little Good job on the TF! :carrot:

Diana3271
08-25-2013, 08:33 AM

Enjoy your day!

teacher1
08-25-2013, 07:05 PM
Precious Little- congrats!!!

Diana- yep, I did my home yoga workout... but I get so bored. Hopefully, once the Sept y schedule come out maybe I can find a yoga class that fits my schedule. Wow, you've made a lot of progress in your mom's house. I'm sure it's emotional.

today- swimming at my parent's house & home yoga video

Diana3271
08-25-2013, 09:07 PM

Check-In: TF Fire 45 EZ w/weighted gloves

Teacher I prefer my yoga to be very relaxing since I mostly do it before bed. I want it to put me to sleep. :lol: I have been using a DVD called Yoga for Stress Relief (Barbara Benagh). She has a section on there called Hip Pain (SI joint). I wonder if this would be good for you to do before bed? I'm sure it would be relaxing and it would help your hip(s). It may be more relaxing than therapeutic for you. forHere are the poses in this particular practice:

- Hip Pain (SI Joint) (36 min): reclining cobbler’s, wave breathing, reclining leg stretch, open half lotus, crocodile – locust (2 prep. variations), forward bend w/ hips on heels & knees wide, modified down dog, and complete yoga rest (image of drifting on raft)

Here's the reviews of this DVD: http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsdb/disp_review.php?id=3214

http://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Stress-Relief-Barbara-Benagh/product-reviews/B000ICLRKW

Diana3271
08-26-2013, 07:15 AM

Last night I added on: Restful and Rejuvenating Sleep from PM Yoga Meditations

Have a great day!

teacher1
08-26-2013, 04:51 PM
Diana- thanks, I ordered it on Netflix to try it out. It's looks like a lot of different choices.

today- ymca water walk 45 min & swimming at my parent's house

Diana3271
08-26-2013, 08:26 PM

Check-In: Katina Hunter Interval Party 2

Teacher I didn't even think about Netflix! That's a great option! I hope you like it.

Diana3271
08-27-2013, 07:07 AM

Last night I added on:
Twists from Sara Ivanhoe's Taste
Good Nights Rest from AM PM Yoga for beginners

Enjoy your day!

Diana3271
08-27-2013, 08:29 PM

Check-In:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Upper Body Lift Premix w/#5's
Hi/Lo Aerobics 1 & 2 From Shelly McDonald's Abs, Buns & Thighs workout

I hope you enjoyed your day!

teacher1
08-27-2013, 09:48 PM
Hello everyone :)

I subbed this afternoon... it went well and I'm back in the same room tomorrow afternoon.

today-swimming at my parent's house

Diana3271
08-28-2013, 07:11 AM

Last night I added on: the Constipation Premix from Yoga for Stress Relief

I'm not having issues with constipation, but this practice has various twists and I like twists. I still found it to be a relaxing practice due to her voice, her calm nature, and the way she ended the practice.

Enjoy your day!

Diana3271
08-28-2013, 09:27 PM

Check-In: TF Fire 60 w/weighted gloves

I hope you had a great day!

teacher1
08-28-2013, 10:48 PM
Diana-it's great your finding different yoga workouts you like

I subbed again today and I was so tired but I pushed through to workout tonight.

today- ymca water tabata 1 hour

Diana3271
08-29-2013, 07:07 AM

Enjoy your day!

Diana3271
08-29-2013, 05:01 PM

Check-In:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Lower Body Minimizer Premix w/#5's
TF Fire 55 EZ w/#1 hand weights

Teacher Good job pushing through and getting that workout in. Ha Ha I think me saying "like" and "yoga" in the same sentence was probably a little over exaggerated. :rofl: Maybe I "like" twists better than a root canal is a better reference and gives a clearer picture. :lol:

teacher1
08-29-2013, 06:23 PM
Hi all :)

Diana3271
08-30-2013, 05:59 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :yay: I hope you have a great one!

Enjoy your day!

TurboLaura
08-30-2013, 04:19 PM
Hey ladies!! :wave: :wave:

I'm SO sorry that I've been MIA! We had a wonderful 1.5 weeks in Maui and I just got right back to school this week. It was the most amazingly beautiful place and we loved it. Stand up paddleboard, beach and pool time, sight seeing, sunset cruises and an amazing beachfront resort made it all the more enjoyable.

Hope that you're all well and I'll be catching up on your posts :)

TurboLaura
08-30-2013, 04:22 PM
Diana! Cody is amazingly beautiful :) LOVE his eyes!!!!!!

Teacher - how are you coping with your sister being at school? Must be a change....

teacher1
08-30-2013, 07:13 PM
Laura- welcome back!!!! Glad you had a wonderful and relaxing vacation before the beginning of school. It does suck my sister is so far but she's happy and she'll be back for visits. I think the dogs miss her the most since they don't understand.

Diana- hi, the yoga dvd should be here tomorrow :)

Diana3271
08-30-2013, 09:10 PM

Check-In: 5 Mile Mall Walk

Laura Thank you @ Cody. He's still a Tasmanian Devil Dog. :lol: I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation. It sounds like you had an amazing time.

Teacher I hope you like the DVD. There are many options on there.

Enjoy your evening. Rest well.

Diana3271
08-30-2013, 09:36 PM
Here we go: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/286947-september-2013-turbo-fire-more-check-all-types-workouts-welcome-here.html