Old 07-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 203.6 / 200.8 / 115

Height: 5'2"

Question Horrible side effects...is this normal on the Dukan Diet?

I started the Dukan Diet yesterday. I stuck to it, ate according to plan, and drank all the water (and a little Diet Coke) that I could. As the day went on, I developed a bad headache. I felt really spacey and couldn't focus. My back started to hurt, and I felt really tired. I was expecting a lot of this because I've done Atkins and been through the "low carb flu." But then it started to get weird.

I went to sleep last night and had horrible, vivid nightmares. It doesn't matter what they were about, but I kept dreaming that I was ODing on diet pills and throwing up over and over again. It was very weird. I woke up drenched in a cold sweat, and I was ravenously hungry. TMI, but I don't think I've ever sweat so much. I ate some sliced turkey and fell back asleep.

I woke this morning feeling even worse. All of my back and neck muscles hurt really bad, and I still had a headache. The muscle aches don't surprise me, but the severity does. I've never had this severe of a reaction on Atkins. Everyone at work knew I started it yesterday, and today they told me I looked like ****. Is this normal for Dukan? Should I stop and go back to Atkins?
Sasha29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I started Dukan yesterday and feel fine.As it is all food that I regularly eat anyway I don't think I will have any reactions. Could it be carb withdrawal?
patns is offline   Reply With Quote