WW Clubs and Groups - #289 Bale of Turtles Cranking It!

View Full Version : #289 Bale of Turtles Cranking It!

Itryharder
07-30-2013, 11:30 AM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. good luck.
Itryharder
Judy
(for Lin and Lauren)

bandit2
07-31-2013, 10:49 AM
Morning, turtles

Thanks Judy for setting us up with a new thread!

Weather has been nice up here lately since our heat wave broke. I like the heat but that was getting too much.
Started back this week with my walking & got in 8 miles so far, so
feeling better about that. Eating has been so/so on weekends.
My gf came to trailer Sat & showed up with 3 large bags of chips (which is my biggest weakness) so we shared 1 bag & I sent the other 2 home with her. I bought 2 filets of salmon to make for our dinner, but then my gf
felt like fish & chips so we went out for that. Ended up having salmon Sun & Mon evenings. So lots of fish for me this week. Anyway, we had a great time & caught up on everything.

So how is everyone else doing this week?

Itryharder
08-01-2013, 12:46 PM
Hi Turtles,
Bandit, good to hear from you. I love that you walked all those miles. Weigh to go!
I had a nice WI, down 1.2# but still just on the wrong side of onederland.
I hope to have a good WI on this coming Wed. and get on the right side again. I made a pledge to myself to lose 3# this summer and I want that to happen. Lots of social activities get in the way. A week visit with my sisters,
block party this weekend, off to Hershey Park with dd and her family coming up soon. Plus dh and I caught a movie yesterday and had dinner out. All good and fun, but even using all my WW tips.................I can stay at this weight and it's not too hard..................but losing the pound here and there is tough. I can do it!

Hey, how's everyone doing? We had a break in the heat here too and it's raining now. I'm heading out to my book club. We read Me Before You.
I thought it was an okay book. We always meet at a restaurant for lunch and we have a good time once a month. Nice group.

Okay, chime in when you can and Onward and Downward for us all!
Judy
234.6/200.2/180's and thinner :cool:

Princess1122
08-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Hey Everyone! Sorry I have been MIA lately, busy with lots of stuff at work and home. Had another flare up with my neck again and had to go in for another spinal injections but on the mend now. Will just take a mini break from cycling to let it heal and then get back to my classes!

I am very close to Onderland also but am not sure if I will make it there this week... the scale is up so I am chugging water today to prepare for W/I tomorrw!

Bandit: Enjoy your time at the trailer!

Judy: I have heard about that book but have not read it.

All: I hope everyone is doing great!

Itryharder
08-02-2013, 03:37 PM
Princess, feel better soon. Smart to take a break for a bit. Good luck with the WI :goodscale:

Food is good here today. My exercise definitely needs stepping up.
judy

Princess1122
08-04-2013, 04:49 PM
Happy Sunday all! It is state fair time here in Indiana - the hubs and I went today and enjoyed it, nibbled on this and that but over all I did not do too badly... To be honest nothing really seemed worth it and I would have to work too hard to make it up - so I nibbled on a couple slices of fried green tomatoes and shared a thing of this fried spiral cut fries - nothing too earth shattering.

W/I went better than I expected and I managed to lose 1.8 lbs and make it to onderland so I was very happy about that.

I am going to pay some bills and then curl up for a summer afternoon nap I think.

Have a great day everyone!

Itryharder
08-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Princess, losing 1.8# and :goodscale: is wonderful. So glad you're back in onederland! I hope to be there soon. It certainly made bypassing some of the foods at the fair very worth it!! Weigh to go! :bravo: :cheer:

Judy

Princess1122
08-05-2013, 05:53 PM
Hello Everyone and Happy Monday! It was a long work day today and is not really over yet but I wanted to stop in quick and say hello!

We need rain here pretty badly so I rainy day or two would not break my heart but the silver lining is that I don't have to mow the yard :D

We had so much rain in early spring and now we get a drop or two but that is about it, not enough to really count.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

bandit2
08-06-2013, 11:16 PM
Hi turtles

Princess - congratulations on your weight loss! That is awesome - keep up the good work.

Judy - glad to hear your food is on the right track, thats great.

Had an extra long weekend & the weather was pretty good. Abit on the windy side up at the lake, but at least the sun was shining. Got in a few more walks but my eating wasn't great over the holiday.
But back at it & go from there.

All - hope everyone is doing great!

Itryharder
08-07-2013, 05:57 PM
Hi turtles,
All we can do is apply what we know works and keep on keepin' on.
A friend who goes to WW's mtgs. with me and I are going to work even harder to go beyond just maintaining and get some of this extra weight off.

Good luck to all of us!
Judy

bandit2
08-07-2013, 11:01 PM
Hi Judy - you go, girl Lets all get on the "loser wagon"

Itryharder
08-08-2013, 10:22 AM
I like the idea of a "loser wagon." Thanks, Bandit. It made me smile.
Here's my resolve:
1. Only eat when I'm hungry
2. Count food intake.......either calories, points plus, or pennies....but count!
3. Work simple exercise and movement into my day.
4. Don't sweat the small stuff (organic, low carb, low fat, "better choices")
Make the focus losing weight.
5. Keep it consistent. Doing well five days a week and overeating two is
perfect for maintenance, but I've got weight to lose!

Have a great day/weekend. I'm thinking of the Turtles. We can do this.
Judy

Princess1122
08-09-2013, 04:48 PM
Hello everyone and happy Friday! Long weekend ahead with some travel so I will not be W/I tomorrow at WW but am still trying to stay on track and not use that as an excuse to go off track .

Judy: great list of goals!

Bandit: have a great weekend!

Life: Hope all is well!

Cherry: Hope you are going great!

Itryharder
08-11-2013, 09:20 PM
Hi Turtles,
Had a great mini vacation with dd, dsil, and dgrandchildren at Hershey Park.
Have you ever been there in PA? We all laugh that it's the only place on earth where all the paths are uphill. It was fun. Eating was challenging.
Only one place at the park served grilled chicken. for the most part it
was fried,etc. I did find a place that served frozen banana on a stick.
It was dipped in chocolate and yummy. In comparison to all the other foods, it was a good choice. I avoided the roller coasters, but had fun at the water park and "tubing" down the lazy river. It was a nice family time.

Today food has been very good. We got home late last night. I took today as a day to regroup and recoup. Got some simple things done, but mostly spent the day watching tv and crocheting.

Wishing you all the best and hope you had a good weekend.
Tomorrow is Monday.............the ideal day to do well. We can do this!
Judy

life4evr
08-12-2013, 03:11 AM
Hey everyone I have been dealing with some health issues. My weight is up and my blood pressure is also up. So I am now on a blood pressure medicine and a diet pill. I am not so sure how I feel about the diet pill. So I basically get to start over again on this journey. I am dealing with it the best I can.

Hope everyone is well.

bandit2
08-16-2013, 12:11 PM
Hi everyone

Hope you are all doing great & Judy, glad you enjoyed your mini vacation - always nice to relax.
Speaking of which, this weekend I am away with 6 ladies for a spa weekend up in Collingwood which is known for ski resorts, anyway, will be fun spending time with the ladies & being pampered. Looking forward to the massage part the most.

Was down 1# this week at Tops - always happy to see the scale go down.
Slowly increasing my walking which I find helps for sure.

All - stay focussed & enjoy your weekend!

Itryharder
08-16-2013, 03:14 PM
Life, I'm sorry about your weight and blood pressure. Sending :goodvibes:
to you that the meds help you . You are continuing on this journey and you're successful. We all love you.

Bandit, glad you're staying focused. I admire your sociability. :goodscale:
for the WI. Enjoy your trip!

Princess, sending a hi! I love the photos of your pups..........who are probably huge by now.

Terri, sending good wishes!
Cherry, same to you and your family.

this has been a very trying week here. too much happened to go into, but as long as it isn't health I'm happy. The good news is that food could have been chaotic but on Monday I bought chicken and "stir fry" veggies already cut up. I made a big batch and when everyone around me was eating Carvel sundaes, etc. I had my stupid stir fry. However, that helped me lose a pound rather than gaining 4# so I really shouldn't call it stupid.

You all have a great day and I'll chime in soon again!
Judy

Princess1122
08-22-2013, 10:13 PM
Hi everyone - just a quick hello to you all. Things are crazy busy at work and I have been working very long hours but once the project goes live things will ease up a bit. Have a great week everyone and I hope to catch up soon!

Itryharder
08-23-2013, 02:35 PM
Yes Turtles,
Things are crazy here too. All of a sudden I needed a homemade banana
bread. Not a great idea. Ohwell, onward and downward.
Have a great weekend.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Judy

life4evr
09-01-2013, 09:10 PM
Looks around. Awfully quiet in here.

Hey everyone. So my body is adjusting to the meds. The blood pressure meds I can deal with the diet meds I do not like so much. But my body is adjusting. I am getting back on track with eating also. Did something I haven't done in awhile I cooked big shock I know. I am tired yall I pulled an extra shift. Which was day shift, not a bad day just not a morning person so I am going to bed very very soon. Hope everyone is well.

So I have managed to avoid fast food today. Granted my choice for dinner wasn't the best but I know it wasn't loaded down with salt at least.

Itryharder
09-02-2013, 06:53 PM
wrapping up summer. Life, I hope that's why we're so quiet. Good luck to you with your meds.

Hi to all the Turtles! Judy

bandit2
09-02-2013, 11:31 PM
Hi turtles

Yes, it has been quiet & for me, I have been busy at home as well as
time up at trailer (when I am there, I have no internet)
Haven't been great with my eating & the scale keeps going up bit by bit & challenging as usual over the weekend.
But, tomorrow is a new day & I, for one need to get refocussed.
Have my meals all planned out for tomorrow & have lots of veggies on hand
and some chicken breasts already cooked.

Lets do it, ladies!

Itryharder
09-04-2013, 07:49 PM
Good for you , Bandit! That's the thing to do.

I am just getting through a very tough patch with family, etc. and the food has been almost ridiculous. Today has been very good and I plan to keep it that way.

Good luck to all the Turtles. Summer is wrapping up and we can start a new autumn routine. :idea:
Judy

Itryharder
09-05-2013, 03:25 PM
Okay turtles, another good food day for me. One day at a time!

Best :goodvibes: to all of you. we can do this.
judy

bandit2
09-06-2013, 10:44 AM
Hi turtles - anyone up for an "Autumn Challenge"
My weight has steadily been creeping up & I missed a few Tops meetings,
lots of social things ETC & now back up to 202. Seriously, cannot believe that I have crossed over again.
And this weekend will be challenging - ribest tonight & wedding tomorrow.

Hope you are all doing better with your eating/exercising than I am.

Need to get back on plan & regular walking

Have a great weekend.

Itryharder
09-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Hi Turtles,
Bandit, I am definitely up for an autumn challenge! I also crossed over the onederland line and when I look at myself I can really see where the extra pounds landed!

Here's my challenge to myself:
1. Weighing in this morning, lose one pound to be 201# next Friday.

Nothing spectacular! Just aiming for a pound loss.
My dh and I walked at the boardwalk this afternoon after having a low cal lunch. I think we're heading in the right direction but we have so many challenges facing us right now (that's life, right?) that paying attention to good eating will be a challenge.

Okay, Princess, Life, Terri, Cherry, up for a challenge? Let's all do this danged thing!!!!

Best of everything to all the Turtles.
judy
234.6/202/170's and thinner immediate goal -1#!

Itryharder
09-09-2013, 08:38 PM
I am putting the Simply Filling plan into action. When I think back over these last three years, I have maintained pretty well. the year I lost an additional 25# was the year I did the Core plan. I'm going to get as close to that as I can and hope for the best. Lots of junk going on here, but I'll get through it one day at a time. As an afterthought, I always seems to have "junk" going on.......................guess that's life in between the happy moments.
Take care. Be well and happy. Onward and downward as Lauren always said.

Judy
234.6/?/180's and thinner

life4evr
09-09-2013, 11:25 PM
Sure I am up for a challenge. I am trying to make better food choices. Joining a gym is starting too look better and better too me. Work has been going good. So my blood pressure is pretty well controlled with the meds I am hoping with a couple of more pounds down I can get off of them. That's about all for me.

Hope everyone is well.

bandit2
09-10-2013, 10:42 AM
Hi turtles - Lets all focus on losing 5# & in order to do that I am going to:
1. Stay OP and have fruits/veggies on hand for meals.
2. Walk 3 times this week
3. Journal & drink my water

How about you? How can you lose 5#?

Itryharder
09-10-2013, 05:33 PM
Life and Bandit, love your ideas:

Here's my path to losing 5#
1. Choose Core and Simply Filling foods
2. Eat when I'm hungry
3. Exercise 3X week

We can do this! Onward and Downward.
Love,
judy

Princess1122
09-12-2013, 04:49 PM
Hello everyone and Happy Thursday! I am so sorry that I have been out of touch lately... between work and home things are crazy.

I have been walking a lot with the puppies and getting to the gym when I can for cycle classes. The scale is up a bit so a challenge would be great!

My goals:

***2-3 cycle classes per week and continue walking the pups daily
***Journal! This is one I really need to work on!
***Go to my W/I's and stay for the meetings! This is another one I have been slacking on!
***Stay within my points!

Judy: So very sorry to hear you are having troubles at home... things have been rough here too, never a dull or calm moment it seems.

Bandit: Enjoy your time at the lake, I know it is over all too soon for you!

Life: Sounds like you are doing well and I hope the meds work out for you!

Itryharder
09-15-2013, 08:32 PM
Oh Turtles,
I was in SC for the past 4 days at the bedside of my darling sister, Carole.
The outcome was devastating and she passed away early Saturday morning.

All the family who gathered promised to be more careful with their health.

I can't really say much about this, but I will try and reach for anything but food during this emotional time.

Sending good vibes and love to all the Turtles. Princess, you've got the right idea. A little calm would be nice about now.

Love, Judy

Princess1122
09-16-2013, 10:16 AM
Judy: My very heartfelt sympathies are with you and your entire family at this time. You take care and please let me know if you need anything at all. I am so very sorry my friend...

bandit2
09-16-2013, 11:11 AM
Judy - I am so sorry for your loss. You take care of yourself & know
we are all thinking of you at this sad time.

Itryharder
09-16-2013, 03:41 PM
Thank you for your comforting words. They mean a lot. Right now my dd and dsil and dgrandchildren are with us. the kids signed on a new house and it's right down the block. they closed today and will be able to move in on October 1st. Helping out with the baby is a good way to make time go fast and clear my head.

I'm doing the best I can with food since it is very important to me.

Sending you all the very best.
judy

Itryharder
09-17-2013, 05:54 PM
Hey, I always tell you when I'm not doing great. Here's some nice news:
I am making good choices...................not perfect but really good.
judy
:goodvibes: to you all!

bandit2
09-18-2013, 04:57 PM
Hi turtles

Judy - glad to hear you are making good choices!
Princess - hope you are staying on track & journalling (I find this very helpful)

Overall, I have been doing pretty good foodwise (weekends are toughest)
but been procastinating with the walking. Still, heading in right direction
which is key.

All- hope everyone is doing what they can, when they can on their
weight loss journey!

Itryharder
09-18-2013, 06:12 PM
Bandit, you have written a really nice message for all of us.

Hey, good news! I lost 1.6# this week. I'm still "officially" above onederland, but my home scale has me square on 200#. Onward and downward. My food is good. Lots of chaos here, but I need to figure out a way to work exercise in.

Best luck to all the turtles. Bandit, glad to hear you're doing well!

Judy
234.5/201.3/180's and thinner :cool:

Princess1122
09-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Just a quick hello everyone and yes I agree with you both, do the best you can do...

Will stop back later when I have more time!

Itryharder
09-20-2013, 05:54 PM
Hi Turtles,
After my Wed. WW mtg. I was chatting with some gals. They are younger than me, in their mid 50's, but they eat all 49 extra points plus and they track. They've been doing nicely. I tried tracking again this week. Also my dd is here and really wants to lose weight, so I've been using her ideas.
I lost another pound, so I am 199# on my home scale. That's the right side of onederland again. Yay.

Sending :goodvibes: to all. Now I have to get through the weekend. We can do this one day at a time. Thanks for the reminder, Princess.
judy

bandit2
09-20-2013, 06:49 PM
Hi turtles

Judy - glad to hear you are back in onderland and back at your meetings.

Princess - nice to see you chiming in when you can.
I was thinking of you when I went to dog park with my dd - we took her
bf's dog there & he loved it. It is a 25 acre park with trails and a huge wide open non-fenced area where they all can run together. Lots of fun.

So did pretty good this week and am going to rejoin my walking centre over the weekend. I think that is the only way I will get back to regular walking and I really need that. I find when I walked it helped me stay on track with my food, legs felt better, slept better, felt better and overall was in a better frame of mind.

All - have a great weekend!

Itryharder
09-21-2013, 06:07 PM
Bandit, it's so good to hear you talking about what works for you and that you're going to join the walking centre. I do better with exercise too.

Today is a "real weekend" day and so far, so good. I'm tracking points so that I stay full but eat well. We can do this!

Cherry and Terri and Life, hope you're all doing well.
Judy
234.6/198/180's and thinner :cool:

Itryharder
09-25-2013, 03:33 PM
Hi Turtles,
Today I had my WW WI. I lost nicely and am 198.6# It feels great to be on the right side of onederland. As we all know, the tricky part is to keep the weight loss going down. I am still 4# higher than I was last September when I thought "I really have to get my weight under control." To say this past year has been really miserable would be an understatement, but my short term aim is to lose 1# this week and eventually get down to 195# Once I do that I will feel as though I am ready to tackle my weight loss.

You realize you are a small group of people who actually understand this and wish me well.

I'm sending :goodvibes: to all of us. It is always good to hear from some of you chiming in and I hope the :goodscales: are there for you this week.

Judy
234.6/198.6/180's and thinner :cool: (the weight in the post above was
my at home weight. WW's is always a pound higher)

bandit2
09-29-2013, 11:55 AM
Hi turtles

Judy - nice job on your weight loss. I know how exciting it is for weight
to begin with 1 - that is awesome, and can be the incentive you need to keep it going. Good for you!

I was up .25# at my Tops weigh in & know exactly why. Have to start being more choosey about my food functions. No good being on track during the week, then losing control over the weekend. Have to make better choices
there.

Only 2 more weekends to go before closing up trailer at the lake. Next week
one of my gf is coming to stay over so looking forward to that. Then it will be closed up the following weekend, which will give me more time at home.

Princess - hope you are OK and keeping on track.

So, any new recipes? Today I am making a ham, roasted carrots, cauliflower and baked potatoe, so will have leftovers for next week, which helps keep me on track.

All - fabulous sunny day up here again & I am doing some yard work later.

Lets all have a great week!

Itryharder
09-29-2013, 02:23 PM
Your menu sounds great, Bandit. :chef: Enjoy your time at the lake.

I ate very light this week and that's why I lost weight. By the weekend I am feeling better and overate. All healthy foods, but too much of them. Today I am duplicating the meals I had when I wasn't feeling great. Simple and no in betweens except a piece of fruit.

Thanks for chiming in , Bandit.

Turtles, we can do this!!!
Judy
234.6/198.6/170's and thinner :cool:

life4evr
10-01-2013, 04:15 AM
Hey everyone so I finally for to buy new bras. Yeah I am down a whole mother size in that. No need to work on tracking and eating all my points in a healthy way. That's I hope everyone is well.

Itryharder
10-05-2013, 12:13 PM
Wow! :goodscale: Life4evr. You're doing great. Glad you're down a whole size. That always feels great@ Keep up the good work.

I am working hard to stay within my points plus. It feels great to be on the correct side of onederland (can't say "right side" because that doesn't work).
I hope to lose a pound a week, but I put weight back on right after my cold wasn't so bad so I have to lose that first. I'm not giving up because this is a good place to start!

:goodvibes: and :idea: for every one of the Turtles!!! We can do this. I've got a goal in mind.

Have a great weekend and chime in when you can. My dd and her family moved out of our place on Wed. and into their house just down the block.
It's so good having her near by. I'm hoping you are all doing well and thinking about putting yourself on your list of things to do!

Judy
234.6/197.6/180's and thinner :cool:

Princess1122
10-06-2013, 08:36 AM
Good Morning everyone and happy Sunday to you all!

My apologies for being away for a while, I did check in from time to time but was not able to post for one reason or another. Life gets busy and crazy and I guess we either go with it or get run over by it... :dizzy:

I have been kind of holding steady - up .2 down .2 etc etc etc... I need to break that streek and get back to loosing again. I am up to four cycle classes a week but have dropped back on my walking with the puppies due to a packed schedule or rainy weather.

We are going thru more down sizing at work so I am keeping my head down and getting things completed as much as possible and trying to keep any kind of a target off of my back.

Judy: Huge congrats on getting back to Onderland... it is a lovely place to be!

Bandit: How are you doing? guess you are closing up the trailer for the season :( that means cold weather is coming.... ick. Did you see that they had four feet of snow in South Dakota... LOL, OMG! how does that happen in October!

Life: Congrats on being down a size... love when that happens!!!!!

Itryharder
10-06-2013, 10:41 AM
Hi Turtles,
Princess, we all have those times when life gets in the way. As a matter of fact, with me it seems to happen all the time. I say :bravo: to you for
keeping your weight steady and getting :exercise: in. Weigh to go! Good luck with your job. Downsizing is a horrible fact of life in today's job market.
Good luck with all you're doing! So good to hear from you.

Today my family and I are celebrating my :hb: even though it was earlier in the week. I am tired of restaurant food making it difficult to lose weight, so dh and I grocery shopped yesterday and bought food for tonight. I'm making a WW version of French onion soup. I'll skip the bread and cheese on mine since I like the soup the way it is. Then making a pot roast, carrots and potatoes since everyone likes that. I'll watch my portion. Also having :hb: cake, but it's once a year, right? And I'll keep the portion small and give away the extra.

Turtles, have a great day!
It's rainy here. We've had the opposite of 3' of snow. We've been unseasonably warm and have broken records for heat. So weird!

Hey, Life and Cherry and Terri and Bandit and Princess.......I think about you all the time and wish you well. Take care of yourself and remember Onward and Downward. We can do this!

Judy
234.6/197.6/180's and less :cool:

bandit2
10-07-2013, 03:27 PM
Hi turtles:

Hard to believe we are into Oct already. Rainey day here as well, but they are calling for the rest of week to be sunny which is nice.

Spent Sat evening at trailer with one of my gf so that was fun. We went into town for pedicures & dinner. Packed up most of the food & will finish that up over the long weekend, but this year I will be having Thanksgiving dinner at my dd bfs cottage which will be different. So looking forward to
that.

All - been struggling with all of this lately, but so far today on track & have
supper all planned out. I think it will be easier to focus when trailer closed &
entertaining will be cut back. All of us have challenges when there are more snacks around.

Anyway, hope you are all doing well & lets have a great week!

Itryharder
10-07-2013, 04:04 PM
Thanks Bandit! We can do this!
judy
234.6/197.6/180's and thinner :cool:

bandit2
10-16-2013, 12:29 PM
Hi turtles

Trailer all cleaned out for the season & they will be winterizing it this
week, so I will go up 1 more time to make sure it is locked up properly.
So, that will free up some time for me to do more around the house.
Weather up here has been really good - it was a great Thanksgiving weekend.

So, anyone watch Biggest Loser last night? Another season of that - I keep saying I won't watch it, but then always do.

How is everyone doing? Up/down here at the scales. I am hoping now that trailer is closed I will have more willpower to get back on track. I didn't get signed back up for my walking afterall. But that is on my "to do" list

All - hope you are doing great. Good luck at the scales.

Itryharder
10-16-2013, 03:14 PM
good to hear from you, Bandit. I was afraid this group had finally called it quits. Losing weight is hard. It is long term. We've been together for a long time and it's easy for Facebook and other venues to take our time.

I for one would like to keep chiming in here.

Bandit, good luck with the walking centre and your food.
I am doing fine in that I got 5# off and kept them off. Now I have to concentrate on this tricky point right around 200#. It is so easy to get discouraged if I veer to the "wrong" side of 200#.

I'm wishing you all well. Chime in when you can. :goodvibes: :bravo:
and :chef: to all of us. I'm looking at some slow cooker recipes to make winter cooking easier. I'll let you know if I find something that's really good.

Best wishes! Judy

Princess1122
10-20-2013, 08:43 PM
Hello everyone and happy Sunday evening to you all! Busy and productive weekend for me. My apologies for not posting more and I promise to do better moving forward. I have been super busy at work and then I have been making it a point to get to the gym as much as i can so all of that together makes each day super busy. The puppies are growing and can be very challenging at times but the are sweet and only 6 months old so I have to remind myself that we will have good days and bad.
I am hovering right below 200 and I am doing everything right- exercising, eating in my points, water, etc but have been struggling to move the scale.
The topic at weight watchers this week was if you have stalled or the program is getting stale then do yourself a favor and change just one thing - exercise - food - a habit - just make one change - so I have added yoga to my workout routine. It can't hurt do is worth a try!

I hope that everyone had a great weekend and has a great week ahead!!!

Ladybug2680
10-20-2013, 09:08 PM
Good evening all. Do you all mind me joining you?

Itryharder
10-21-2013, 03:47 PM
:welcome: Ladybug. Always glad to have new members.
My name is Judy. I'm a retired elementary teacher. Been thin and heavy as an adult. Am working WW program since I think it is the most sensible.
Let us know a bit about you. Keep on keepin' on!

Bandit, so glad to hear you've knocked off some weight. I think it's weird that it is so hard to make the scale move at this point. Not liking it one bit, but I have to realize that the BLT's probably are enough to stall my weight loss. So thrilled that you are exercising so much. That will have to make a difference! Good luck for a :goodscale:

Judy

Princess1122
10-21-2013, 04:15 PM
Happy Monday everyone! Cool and soon to be rainy day here! I fear winter is on the way and nothing will stop it as much as I am not ready for it!

I used up a few things in the freezer and have a batch of chili in the crockpot for super which works out well as tonight is my cycle class and Yoga class if I can fit them both in.

Ladybug: Welcome! So glad to have you with us!

Bandit: Did you enjoy your Thanksgiving Holiday?

Judy: how are you and your family doing?

Life: How are you doing these days?

Cherry: Are you still around?

bandit2
10-22-2013, 11:46 AM
Hi turtles

Welcome to Ladybug - I am sure will fit right in with this great group of ladies!

Princess - yes, Thanksgiving was lovely. Spent some time closing my trailer & went to dd bfs cottage which was so nice seeing all the coloured leaves & overlooking the lake. Really nice.

Judy - glad to see you posting when you can. And I have also been looking through my recipes & looking forward to some tasty (point-friendly) meals.
Been having a craving for some cabbage rolls which if careful are filling and pretty low-points.

All - now that the weather is changing, looking forward to some hearty, easy to prep recipes. Lets have a great week!

Itryharder
10-22-2013, 11:49 AM
Hi Turtles,
Princess, so glad to hear from you. Love using up freezer food. It always feels "free" to me. Lol. Nothing like a big pot of chili or soup all ready and waiting during the winter. :chef:

My family is doing great. Our annual Halloween party is this Sat. and is always a lot of fun. Our son and his family are coming down. His stepson got married on the spur of the moment and we got to meet the bride. She's a doll and I hope they'll always be happy. My daughter and her family moved down the block and we can walk to each other's homes. It is absolutely the greatest! My other dd and her husband just bought a long haired puppy----------it's the hot dog dog, but I don't know how to spell its breed. Lol. So cute!!! They now have two cats and two dogs. The first dog they bought is a terrier and does exactly what it wants. Oh-----maybe not the best kind of dog for them. This new one is a doll and a people pleaser, so they are very happy.

As far as me, we've had some very sad things happen, but I'm taking each day as it comes and am grateful for what I have. My dh is well and we are good for each other. My weight topped out at 205#, but I have knocked off the top 5# and now I'm working one day at a time to get rid of the next pounds. it seems as though I've been saying this forever, but I have to remember that my top weight wasn't 200#, but 234.6# so although I'm not where I want to be, I am lighter than I was.

Princess, I know you've talked about being so busy. I hope things are calming down for you. I see you're exercsing and that's always a good thing,
For me, it's the one thing I still haven't worked into my routine. Gotta get back to it. Congrats on being in onederland again! You rock. :goodscale:

Hi to all the Turtles, Chime in when you can.
Judy
234.6/199/180's and thinner :cool:

Itryharder
10-22-2013, 11:51 AM
Bandit, our posts crossed. Glad you had a lovely holiday-------your Thanksgiving.
All here is good.
Turtles, have a great day.
Judy
234.6/199/180's and thinner :cool:

Itryharder
10-23-2013, 06:54 PM
Hi Turtles,
I started a new thread. Look for us at 290# Bale of Turtles Not Afraid of Halloween!
Judy