Old 07-28-2013, 04:35 PM   #1  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Red pepper clarification please

This is normally something I would ask my coach about but I need a quick answer. Are red peppers ok or just green? I thought both were fine but I might be wrong
Maxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Peppers (yellow, orange, red and green) are allowed.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #3  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

I am just not getting the hang of this. That's twice I posted questions that were in the wrong place. Sorry about that. I think I will go back to reading and not posting. I just figured that would get me a quick answer. Sorry again
Maxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxy View Post
I am just not getting the hang of this. That's twice I posted questions that were in the wrong place. Sorry about that. I think I will go back to reading and not posting. I just figured that would get me a quick answer. Sorry again
Maxxy you go ahead and post questions, you'll get it all soon! The daily thread is one of the most consistently and widely read threads so it is a great place to post questions. However, I like many others usually also look at all the new thread titles and read many of them. Either way you will get an answer so don't stop posting (or reading!)

Yes it helps to not have too many threads with random topics but that should NOT discourage anyone from posting because they fear doing the wrong thing!

Post away!!!
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:38 PM   #5  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Do not apologize or feel bad....and keep posting your questions. You will get the hang of it. It is impossible to search every post or source of info for all your questions. You certainly didn't realize your question is common. It is a great tip from Lisa to advise you where you can find some answers. I am always learning something new and this was also a great reminder to me as well.

The daily chat threads are a great place to discuss different topics. Another thing you can do is google your question and include 3fatchicks and ideal protein in your search. I have found answers to most of my questions this way. Good luck and hang in there!
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:50 AM   #6  

Quote:
That is why I stopped posting. Lisa sounds so nasty. My goodness what's the big deal. Good luck to you.
newlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/168/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlady View Post
That is why I stopped posting. Lisa sounds so nasty. My goodness what's the big deal. Good luck to you.
Dont take it personal, Lisa is here to help and try to keep things organized. We are all here to help eachother! Im new here and have posted in the wrong places too and if she tells you where to look shes really trying to help not to shut down your question, so dont worry! -sara
AlaskanRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:40 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default My Opinion

We are here to help. That's what this forum is all about.

Getting answers is critical to success. It's important any reader is comfortable asking questions, and more importantly, gets the information needed to keep going. Given the wide range of competency level in IP office sites and the lack of information on the IP web site. We on this forum are IT and we are in this together!

No one should leave here or give up ... everyone's opinion is valuable and no question should go unasked. (or hopefully... unanswered)

Someone giving a quick answer seems a helpful thing to do, and can be followed with info on where/how to find more posts if a poster/member desires to expand, but I hate to see that take the place of an answer. I'd prefer to see fewer non answers, esp for the new folks (and we have {need} a lot of you!) because we've all had burning questions, whether it was at the beginning or later as our progress unfolds. Both old and new members must feel comfortable enough to post concerns or what they have learned and experienced when any member is struggling with an immediate need which can make a difference in sticking with the plan. That's why we are here.

I really hope my opinion is not offensive. Instead, I'd like to not read or sense anyone has felt chastised. It makes me uncomfortable and I don't want to be part of that. I'd rather have a cup of (black) coffee and chat...!
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:43 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

I did my initial phase of P1 in 2011 to 2012 and red peppers were acceptable to eat everyday. I continue to follow that rule and eat red all the time! It hasn't impact my weight loss at all!!!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:46 AM   #10  

Quote:
Post your questions wherever you feel like it! The **** with those stickies! It can be hard for a newbie to navigate! Seriously! POST AWAY anywhere!!! Rules are not written in stone on this site! That's all.

No one is god on this site... just sayin' (relax a little...)
Old 07-29-2013, 08:47 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlady View Post
Not the first time one of her posts has bothered me either. Lisa please relax...this site isn't being scored by another person. We're not getting A, B, or Cs...just here for support.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:06 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default We need you new folks...

I've been reading posting since January...and have noticed how people rotate out or over to different forums once goals are reached or needs change. It's important there is ALWAYS a new stream of newbies (today) to help the newbies of tomorrow! Plus..you newbies very often have some good ideas and hints!!!!
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:23 AM   #13  
it's always something

Quote:
Please feel free to post your questions as individual threads. 3FC agreed that this was the best method, instead of the daily chat, because it's easier to search for answers - especially for new members or lurkers. It's a busy world out there, and most people don't read daily chat threads, although they are perfect for general support and encouragement.

Good luck with your diet, and I hope you'll stick around and share your progress
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:51 PM   #14  
IP Start Date 5/13/13

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC View Post
Please feel free to post your questions as individual threads. 3FC agreed that this was the best method, instead of the daily chat, because it's easier to search for answers - especially for new members or lurkers. It's a busy world out there, and most people don't read daily chat threads, although they are perfect for general support and encouragement.

Good luck with your diet, and I hope you'll stick around and share your progress
Amen! I thought this board seemed more policed than necessary. Good to know we can post questions as threads. Agree with the search. When I search a topic and all that comes up is a long list of daily threads, there's no way I'm going to take the time to scroll through all of those.

I'm positive people's hearts are in the right place, and its important to remember you can convey tone through a typed message, so I'm going to guess some responses come of way more harsh than what was intended.

So, post away! This site is full of great information and support. It would be a shame not to use it to its fullest potential.
hangdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC View Post

Thanks for posting this "official" post about posting new posts!

I agree that tonality gets lost in the shuffle...I would never tell someone to post a post where I thought it was best. As long as they post and get responses than that's all that matters...finding the answers to their questions...