Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 10:22 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#350

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 PM EST, 7:30 PM CST on Wednesday and Saturday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME
Old 06-16-2003, 10:36 PM   #2  

Great day on the food and activity! Though I did go over my 1500 limit by 7 calories, and I went a little nuts on the carbs, the good part is that my total daily activity, including my walking and workout, burned up over 2000 calories--so I don't feel too bad. I didn't even feel like napping today! I think being lethargic all weekend was the combination of Bri being here and running us around, plus all the junk food and drinks I consumed. Once I got back on my regimen today, I feel more like my lively self. WooHoo!
Old 06-16-2003, 10:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Default dixiedarlin STAY with us

I just started posting again and am feeling like one of the group, so I need you also for inspiration.
I also feel like a newbie every time I stop in but as you can tell I am an oldie, since AUGUST 1999. I haven't posted much but I do read everyday.
Let me tell you what this group was called back then."250 Here I come" , as you can see I never made it there. Even that group slowed down but then a new title was born, although I don't know if it was from a former 250 groupie.
I also want to say that I am not one to jump on anyones wagon because my own is built just for me. I got to drive it myself if I want to get where I am going.
But I am cheering for you all to get to your destinations. So be good to yourselves and I'll see you lighter

Last edited by joe anne; 06-16-2003 at 10:59 PM.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:02 PM   #4  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! Yes, I did not forget to post when starting a new thread!

JoeAnne: Glad you are doing good on the eatting and exercise. You have alot more ambition than I've been able to muster lately.

Amanda: Sorry that the work with your hubby didn't work out. Sounds a little strenuous to me. Again, more ambition than I have.

Deb: Don't worry about the popcorn thing. Whenever you find out, it's cool. If you don't, that's ok too. I have a pantry full of microwave popcorn to use up anyway. And popcorn hasn't been one of my fun snacks lately. Probably should get back to it though.

Kat: I'm with you, Hugh Jackman IS yummy!

Terri: I'll look and see what I have on frozen pies. Actually I think there was one or two posted on the board at my WW class that I didn't copy so you may have to wait until next Monday. But I did pick up something for Key Lime Pie today. I'll look it up and get it typed as soon as I can.

Mary, Mary, Mary: A "busted butt". That doesn't sound good at all!

Connie: I'm not sure what to say. I started to put this in a Private Message, but I am not one to PM people all the time. I feel like if I can't say it here, I don't have to say it.

Given that: "Oldies" and "Newbies" are what make this thread go round. I've been around since the beginning of it, and I've seen 'em come, and I've seen 'em go. AND I've seen 'em come back again. Maybe that's why I'm still here, because I think of all the people who look in here and feel like I did that first day, lost and not thinking there was anyone else on the planet that felt like I did. And that's exactly what I think about each and every time that I think I just don't have time for posting anymore.

Sometimes people say things I don't agree with and I try to keep my mouth shut (no matter how hard that can be) and sometimes I just can't keep my mouth shut (which is more like me). But the way I look at it is if I was in a room with a group of old friends, a big group like we have, there would be a dozen conversations going on, and I couldn't participate in every one of them. And there would be some whose views I didn't really quite get, and others that I would get along with famously. But all in all, we would be friends.

There cannot be this many people in a room together without having some differences of opinion, some disagreements AND some hurt feelings. I'm sorry if for any reason I have made you or anyone else feel bad or uncomfortable. Sometimes putting stuff in writing comes off harsher than verbally too. I've been guilty of having a nasty pen myself a time or two.

But I have to say that if you find comfort, inspiration, or SOME motivation here, you might should just let whatever bothered you blow over and/or ignore it. Because this is a great place to be, with people who understand what you're going through, and genuinely care about being comrads with others who are struggling just like they are.

Gotta run. Need to snooze. Love to all.

Last edited by thinthinker; 06-16-2003 at 11:06 PM.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:08 PM   #5  
a work in progress...

Okay Mary, here's your rope...don't make me have to hog tie you to this wagon!!! But if that's what it takes....

Sorry you feel that way Dixie...I know it wasn't the way that post was intended. Everyone is welcome here.

I had a successful day! I did the "eat every two hours" thing...Let me tell you girls, what a difference. Now I don't mean I ate a massive meal every 2 hrs, but in between meals I had a string cheese or a handful of peanuts. Dinner was a California cheeseburger, minus half a bun, no ketchup, no fries! No dessert! I'm due for a snack now, but I have to go to work...got some carrots and celery for later.

Gotta run, see you all tomorrow!

Tina...how about some throw pillows in that wagon?
Old 06-17-2003, 12:55 AM   #6  
Dancing those pounds away

Good evening everyone.
I was just going to read tonight and post in the morning but I had to respond to Connie.

Connie... I am sure that somehow you misunderstood what you read. EVERYONE is welcomed here....YOU included. I sure hope you think twice before leaving. Families come in all shapes and sizes. When a new baby is born into a "real" family.... each member adjusts differently. Some siblings are excited and want to help do everything... some are standoffish and feel neglected... some could care less. LOL Like Thin said... there are many personalities here and sometimes it takes some time to adjust to all the changes. BUT TRUST ME.... it is worth taking the time and effort.

This final decision of course is yours... but I think you may find a nice home here.
I know I have been misunderstood before. It is so easy to misinterpet what is "written" ... and even easier to write something the wrong way when you are doing it via posting.
I have gone back and reread some things I have typed and was shocked how it came across. I would have to rewrite it.
Please reconsider... but if you still chose to leave... please know we don't want you to go. {{ HUGS }}
Old 06-17-2003, 01:56 AM   #7  
Dancing those pounds away

Okay.. now I remember why I had to stop posting so much. I get addicted here way toooo fast.
I just felt like I had to respond to everyone ... so no one would feel left out. lol

Tina... You are so funny. You really brightened up my day with your story. LOL

Deb... how is your head ??? That rice cake was probably mine. I don't eat them... so it was STALE and hard as a rock. LOL But know I did not throw it... it just fell off the wagon. Sorry I didn't slow down enough for you to jump on. I am on my way back to get you.

Mary... sorry to hear you busted your butt falling off the wagon. Is that how you got that crack ?? LOL (sorry... I couldn't resist that one)

Terri.... I had to laugh at your mention of the song "Rawhide".
I was told a story years ago that uses that song to describe "constipation"
Rollin rollin rollin... keep them doggies rollin
"Head them up... move them out.... RAW HIDE !!!!! LOL
Okay.. enough on that subject.

Sandy and everyone.. thanks for the congrats. I am sooo very GRATEFUL for that lost while not even really dieting. Just eating right. LOL

Amanda... my husband would help his dad trim trees to earn money to take me out on a date when he was 15-16 years old.

Lori.. sounds like you had a fun weekend.

Barb...I often write my posts on the screen to write emails so if I get knocked off line I can mail it to myself and then copy and paste it here.
That was about as clear as mud.

Thin... did I ever tell you I order Mahi Mahi the other day?? In my old days I would NEVER have tried it. Thanks to you and others here I have tried lots of new foods.. especially veggies.
That reminds me... I charcoal grilled white cabbage this weekend. MMMm good.
Just marinade in Italian dressing and grill. I like the black grill marks on them.
I grill ALL veggies on the grill.

Kat... loved your quotes.... very inspirational. Loved you funny posts too.

Michelle... enjoy your vacation !!!

Terri... great pictures !!!

Joanne... You are doing sooo great with your exercise. I am so proud of you.
I am glad you feel like a part of the group. You ARE.
This group is not from a former 250 groupie.
I and a woman named Susie both posted a request to start a 300+ group. I usually always try and take control of everything so I decided I would yield to Susie and join her in starting this 300+ group. Thinthinker also was in the original group. I am not sure who else. It was always named 300+ and ready to try again

If I missed anyone.. I truly missed you.
I think that is everyone who posted on the last thread.

I am going now. It sure is GREAT TO BE HOME !!!!!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 06-17-2003 at 10:43 AM.
Old 06-17-2003, 07:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Okay, just one more Rawhide comment. This has been on my brain all night long.

This is what we used to sing on our long distance biking when the legs were tired and the butt aching from so many miles "in the saddle"

Rollin', Rollin', Rollin', man my butt is swollen. RawHIDE!

Somehow that got us through to the end.

Connie - Do consider staying. I admit that when I read the post, I felt the same way because I too am a newbie here. I was very hurt when I first read it then I decided to and stay anyway. This is a great group and Thin hit the nail on the head - you can't please everyone all the time. So, don't go!

The other thing I was going to mention in my last post is that, you ladies keep telling me to use the IMG when posting my pictures and I swear that I DO! I did that the last time and it didn't post the pic so I then decided to change it to http for the whole album. So, I'm flustered enough and will just post my album. That way, you can visit IF you want and too many pictures won't take up space on the thread and especially for those who perhaps print the thread and would have to print all the pics.

I was also going to post about an article I've been reading "Barriers to Success" and how to break through the behavior of what's keeping you from achieving what you want. I've done some thinking about that but will post it sometime this week. Might be something to think about - I'm sure we all have thought patterns or behaviors that are keeping us from consistently being OP, consistently exercising and therefore consistently losing towards our goal.

Have a great OP day! Let's keep our focus for the day!
Old 06-17-2003, 08:34 AM   #9  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Ok 2cute that was funny

Good morning all, today is my short Tuesday I go in at 2:30 and work till 7. For the new chicks I am Reference Librarian at our local library. I live in Mississippi and have a loving hubby and a grown son , plus 2 cats and 4 fish

I started this way of life in July 2001 at a weight of 260. since then i have lost down to 195 where I have been stuck since Jan. My weight goes up and down within a few pounds but never below 190. I love this group all the ladies here are great.

Connie: Please stay we are all friends here and even friends get their feelings hurt sometimes.

Yes! I meant it, I did fall off the wagon yesterday. I can't seem to stay op all day. I start out good but as the day progresses it goes down hill.

could any of you open the links to my nephews picture? I was just wondering. I tried to post it but it kept saying it was too big.

Thin: I have never tried Mahi. Is it good? I have been wanting to try Talipa too but haven't. I am a Catfish and Salmon person.

Talking about desserts, my aunt made a triffle for the picnic Sat. It was wonerful and sugar free too. My Uncle has diabetes.

Guess who was re-elected as President opf the genealogical society Sat? Yes you got it ME

Well I've run my mouth enough this morning I was just feeling chatty.

Sorry I didn't post to each of you. I just include all of you in what I say

Just remember we are all in this together for the long haul. We need each other to get us through this journey. At least I do. So pick yourself up dust yourself off and start all over again. Hey I need to take my own advise.

Old 06-17-2003, 08:42 AM   #10  

Height: 5'7"

Angry WI

Well, the scale didn't show as much loss as I expected this week, but it is close to TOM. I still lost 2lbs. but I had weighed the other day and had lost 4 then so I expect to show a great loss next week.

Well, I have a bunch of things to do so I hope to post individual replies tonight. Hope you all have a great OP day.

Old 06-17-2003, 09:05 AM   #11  
a work in progress...

You know...I really don't wish to beat a dead horse, but I had to go back and read the post "in question," knowing that the one who posted it would be hurt by someone assuming that she was excluding them. There is absolutely nothing there other than honesty and certainly a gracious clarification of her feelings about old vs new.

There will always be "old' and "new." It's what keeps a thread alive. Every one of us was new at one time and had to take that precarious first step...wondering if we would be accepted as a member of the group. I know I lurked for a while here before I actually posted...I was drawn by the love and honesty and humor shared here, (AND 2cute's dancing elephant!) as well as the feeling that I've found people that know exactly where I'm coming from.

That said, not every group is a perfect fit...that's what is so good about this website, there are so many groups to check out before you find your niche.

So, do what you have to do, Connie...I wish you all the best!
Old 06-17-2003, 09:10 AM   #12  
a work in progress...

Boy, Mary! You really ARE chatty today! I love when we get a long post from you! (BTW, I wasn't able to open the picture of your nephew...I think I mentioned that in the post that I lost...)

Gotta get some sleep now...see you all later!
Old 06-17-2003, 09:11 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Default WooHoo Amanda

Great job 2 pounds is wonderful
Now if I could at least lose one of mine I'd be dancing like this, but I'll do it anyway, for you

Last edited by joe anne; 06-17-2003 at 09:16 AM.
Old 06-17-2003, 12:32 PM   #14  
Progress..not perfection

Unhappy To clarify......

Well, it looks like I have found myself in the middle of another mess again because of my big mouth. I apologize if I hurt anyones feelings because I was being honest. If I had not of been honest, I fear I would have left and not come back. Please read what I said again:

Quote:
There have been so many new people come into the thread lately and to be honest.....I have just felt lost. Not that you guys are strangers to me.....just that things that at one time were very familiar to me.....have become very unfamiliar, and that has been so strange. I have in the past become attached to my friends here that have left and I have wanted to step back and be cautious, so as not to feel bad when someone I think is in it for the long haul disappears. NOW.....that is not to say I do not like all of the new people that have come in, in the last couple of months. You are all a very diverse group of ladies and I love you each and every one for your individuality. I apologize for perhaps, being somewhat stand-offish. It is not in my nature to be this way.....I have just felt out of sorts. I am truly glad and grateful for all of our new family. I do not use the word "family" lightly. I think we are our own little family, because no one quite understands this weight loss thing like we do.
The problem that I had was not with anyone here. It was within myself. For one moment, try to put yourself in my place. You've been posting on this thread for aproximately two years and you've become really accustomed to the same people. They become family to you. Then one by one, the people that you've been talking start dropping out....one by one, till only a few of them remain. Now, while I have not actually met anyone from this thread (although that's about to change) when someone leaves, it hurts. At least it hurts me. I MISS them. So at the same time, a lot of new people come on the board, and I'm having trouble keeping everyone straight. Feeling bad because I've not responded to everyone. Upset because I can't just look at their face or their avatar and know who they are. That is not something I've been used to and I felt like I was letting you guys down. Letting you ALL down. I have really felt like I didn't even have anything to offer you guys except an occasional Tony post for the last month or so. So I decided to leave. But then, I looked at Lori's post and I could feel her happiness about her new boyfriend. Then I looked at Connie's post, and just seeing that she is right here in Tennessee with me makes me feel so good! Then I saw Terri's post. I love looking at the picture of her rottweiler, because I used to have one and it was stolen. I love them. Then I looked at Barb's post and I see the avatar of her little dog and I remember looking at the pictures of her with the dog and thinking what a nice person she looked like. Everytime I see Amanda's post with the picture of her little girl, she reminds me of myself and I love her signature! She also inspires me quite a bit with her posts.....and that's only a few. Everyone here has so much to offer. It doesn't matter whether you just joined, or whether you've been here forever. The problem was never with any of you, it was with me, and I have taken care of that.

I tried my best to say what I had to say with honesty, openness and love. It was never my intention to do that. If you knew me, you'd know I would never hurt anyone here intentionally and I'm sorry if it came across that way. I hope anyone who was offended will forgive me. I would never want to lose any of you for anything this big mouth might have said.

I have also sent a PM to Dixie and I hope she will reconsider her choice to leave.
Old 06-17-2003, 01:11 PM   #15  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gals -
I can't stay long enough to say much right now. Work and home life have been hectic for a few days and I have to prepare to leave for Minnesota in the morning for work. I am going to try to catch up with you all later on today. I know I have a lot to catch up on! Right now I've got to go feed my growling tummy a healthy lunch!!!
Catch you later on!
Barb
Closed Thread