Does it Work? - Jillian Michael's Detox Water?

View Full Version : Jillian Michael's Detox Water?

Sunnie89
07-25-2013, 02:28 AM
I did a mini search and didn't find anything.

Basically, it's just:
- 60 oz. of water
- 1 tbsp of cranberry juice (unsweetened, preferably organic)
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice (fresh or from the bottle)
- 1 tea bag of dandelion root/ tea

Like most detox drinks, it supposedly cleanses body and gets rid of toxins, but also decrease bloating and sheds water weight.

But has anyone tried this?? If so, what'd you think of it? :chin:

nelie
07-25-2013, 06:19 AM
Oh Jillian. Detoxing is a myth. Sounds like nothing harmful in that water but I'd only drink it if you like the taste. Dandelion tea is a laxative though and apparently makes you pee more.

Mayssa
07-28-2013, 11:26 PM
Myths Myths Myths. There is no such thing as just a "toxin" as people call them. Really, there isn't. Your body "cleanses" itself just fine if you have a good liver and good kidneys, you're good to go ! I simply don't get the whole marketing fuss about detoxing...
Drink it if you like it ! Otherwise, drink water :)

P.S : just did some research. Very few studies on humans atm but dandelion root is studied to actually be used to increase appetite. By caution, I'd stay away !

PaleoPeanut
07-29-2013, 02:37 PM
Third-ing... "detox" products are just a BS way for companies to push products and make profits.

Eat clean and you won't have to worry about "detoxing" ;)

ShyHeather
08-15-2013, 05:27 PM
The dandelion tea will make you pee, almost as much as you do when you take Lasix or other prescription medication. I never noticed an increase in my appetite, but it did burn the back of my throat a bit. Not a bad burn, more of a whisky or chaser kind of burn.

It doesn't really need to be sweetened either. If you do this, just remember, the toilet will be your best friend.