100 lb. Club - Dream a Little Dream. . .

View Full Version : Dream a Little Dream. . .

Sheila53
06-16-2003, 01:54 PM
Just to get to know each other a little better, and because I'm a curious person, I was wondering:

If you could be anything you wanted to be when you grow up what would it be? Assume money for college, time, age, etc. is no object.

I want to be a feature writer for a newspaper or write for a magazine--just the stuff I want to write, not what someone else wants me to write. I actually have published some stuff in smaller newspapers. Didn't get paid, but really had fun writing the features.

How about you?

Sandi
06-16-2003, 02:24 PM
I would like to be working somewhere in the jewelry industry. Maybe selling. I could have done that. But I chose to be home on nights and weekends.

Goddess Jessica
06-16-2003, 02:30 PM
Fairy Princess, of course.

Barring that, I'd love to be a writer. Novels, short story, plays. It's my passion.

Charbar
06-16-2003, 03:46 PM
I love to study the weather!! I would be a storm chaser!!!!
I visit weather.com as much as here! I'm such a geek :D

Inca's Momma
06-16-2003, 04:00 PM
I want to be a veterinarian. Still may do that someday.

Daners
06-16-2003, 07:41 PM
I would love Samantha Brown's job, she hosts all those shows on the Travel Channel, Great Hotels and such.

that or Paige Davis's job, doing the whole Trading Spaces thing, and never being able to wear the same shirt twice for work...I could so handle that :)

missaprylj
06-16-2003, 09:01 PM
I want to be a lawyer when I grow up, novelist on the side. :D
Eventually, I'd like to advance to being a prosecutor or District Attorney from lawyer though. :D -Apryl

soiley
06-16-2003, 09:22 PM
I want to be that gal on the "$40 A Day" show on Food Network. She gets paid to travel all over the world and eat. :lol:

matt_H
06-16-2003, 09:40 PM
call me geeky, but i would love to write travel books. Maybe doing something like what Bill Bryson does in his books. How bad could it be to get paid to travel the world?

rochemist
06-16-2003, 10:25 PM
If I could do whatever I wanted and I assume my study would be no problem. I would like to be a speech writer or a movie critic. Then if I had time I would study art and engines, car engines. I always thought Toyota technician would be cool. Drawing engines might be neat too. Technical services could be fun where I wore a suit and had to look sexy everyday. Theatre actress would be like free therapy. Or how about a stewardess on International Flights and see the world. Too many things, not enough money or time.

Miss Chris

Raelynn
06-17-2003, 12:10 AM
I would be a singer, I love to sing. :)

I would also love to be a doctor.

boiaby
06-17-2003, 01:21 AM
I would be a singer, if I could sing;). Otherwise I would be a L&D nurse or an OBGYN. Delivering babies would be amazing!

Beverly

Leenie
06-17-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Raelynn
I would be a singer, I love to sing. :)

I would also love to be a doctor.

Me too !!

A singing doctor would be my wish :lol:
Or a singing teacher.

Although I'd love to dance and play an instrument too.

BA99TJ
06-17-2003, 11:15 AM
My "dreams" are tied.
I would want to be a vet. Although having to put animals to sleep would make me very sad.
OR
I would want to be a horse trainer. :)

dowsx4
06-17-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by boiaby
I would be a singer, if I could sing;). Otherwise I would be a L&D nurse or an OBGYN. Delivering babies would be amazing!

Beverly ME TOO!

200club
06-17-2003, 11:21 AM
I love to look at houses :mouse: I would like to be a topselling realtor in CA or FL (or any snow-less state) I would wear sleek clothes, drive a fast-small car. and be able to be my own boss.Later Sandylynn

Sandi
06-17-2003, 01:55 PM
Hmmmm.

I would also love to be a professional cross-stitcher. You know someone who cross-stiches the samples that you see in the store, and gets paid! (paid REALLY well since we are dreaming) Is there such a job??

Goddess Jessica
06-17-2003, 03:28 PM
Couldn't I just get paid for being so darn cute??

Jennelle
06-17-2003, 03:38 PM
Sandi - I like your dream! I love to cross-stitch, but haven't done it much since I started teaching.

My biggest dream was to be a forensic scientist, but, alas, organic chemistry reared its ugly head....

BA99TJ
06-17-2003, 04:09 PM
I've caught a few babies. It's really messy!! But it IS amazing.

Leenie
06-18-2003, 04:31 PM
I think I've changed my mind.

I would love to be a Skinny Chef !

AmyJ
06-18-2003, 05:51 PM
I'm really lucky, I do exactly what I've always wanted to do (editor at a magazine). But I do have a very Martha Stewart (pre-indictment!) fantasy that I would be mistress of a large estate who could spend her time volunteering for charity, developing new exotic breeds of African violets, and hosting enormous parties.

rochemist
06-18-2003, 07:12 PM
My true goals run along the line of Brain's:

TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD ;-)

Miss Chris

Alyra
06-22-2003, 01:17 PM
I'd like to be a riding instructor, or eventing rider. Heh. To dream ;)

suzie76
06-22-2003, 10:22 PM
Hmmmmm..

It's been so long since I've had these kind of dreams. Mine vary from fantasy to geeky:

Singer- I love to sing, can actually sing, but am too shy to perform. I wish I'd listened to my mom and never given up the piano lessons...that stopped me from becoming a voice teacher-you have to play the piano, too. I realized that way too late!

Music therapist or bibliotherapist-helping people through music and books-my favorite things!

Interior designer-I love decorating, and think I'm actually pretty good at it...

Writer-but I stopped writing anything creative in about eleventh grade!

doing some kind of work in the music industry- in college I worked in our "concert club" We produced and put on concerts for the bands that played at my school-too much fun! It was a lot of grunt work, but I loved it. We didn't have any huge major bands, but meeting The Hooters (remember them?) and Eddie Money , and The Alarm (they were one of my favorite bands back then) was fun.

My geeky one, that I may actually go for someday-librarian! Okay, don't laugh-I'm obsessed by books. Family legend has it that I taught myself to read at age four from watching Sesame Street, and I've never stopped since. I regularly read three different books at once. What's stopping me-the fear of taking GRE's (I'm lousy at math), the commute-the only school in NJ with a Master's program is at Rutgers, an hour away-and I'm nervous as anything about thinking about taking classes again...maybe someday.

Sherry

SuchAPrettyFace
06-23-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Goddess Jessica
Couldn't I just get paid for being so darn cute??

Either that or paid to know so many useless facts. :)

PainterWoman
06-24-2003, 03:13 AM
My dream is to be delighted with every day... whatever comes my way. I loved reading and reading and researching in the libraries. I love listening to other people's personal dreams (night time, waking, or metaphorical) and helping them figure out how to make them reality. I'd like a spicy mixture of adventure, risk, comfort and love served up on a reliable basis. I'd like it if marketing my business wasn't such a struggle. I hope that when I am right-sized, I'll be more confident with my marketing.

rochemist
06-24-2003, 03:55 AM
I think I want to be Lara Croft when I grow up, I mean why not I already have the boobs!LOL!

Miss Chris

muelledk
06-24-2003, 12:15 PM
Love the librarian idea Sherry! I think that I am going to start working on my masters in Library Science in January!

Me, I have a few dreams. A couple of them are ones that I will attain (and soon, I hope) and a couple are those that if money were no object and I would never have to actually have to work, I would be a chef. I have always thought it would be awesome to go to culinary school, but wouldn't want to work the hours that chefs often work.

My attainable goals are simple: to get my bachelors, to become a teacher, and to go to grad school. By the beginning of next year, I will have met all of those goals.

Sheila53
06-24-2003, 01:57 PM
Sherry, the GREs aren't that bad--really! They are exhausting, but I barely studied for them, it had been a long time since I had received my bachelor's, and I'm lousy at math (quit taking math in high school in the 10th grade when I got a D in geometry), and I still passed and got into grad school.

I really enjoyed grad school because most of the people were around my age, and everyone had life experiences. Made some good friends. Now, the commute--that would be a bummer, but I really hope you can do it someday. I bet it really would be worth it!

PainterWoman
06-25-2003, 02:48 AM
Muelledk:
Train to be a librarian for a chef school, or the Food Network. I believe in Plurking. (Work + Play = Plurk)

brunissen
06-25-2003, 10:46 AM
I'd own my own bakery - I LOVE LOVE LOVE to bake!!!