100 lb. Club - Flying thru the 260s and 250 with fun! NEW!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

pnkrckpixikat
07-24-2013, 11:32 PM
First post!!!!!!!! Carry on!

ainslie
07-25-2013, 08:45 AM
Pixikat - you will be just fine on week 2. I made it to the end of wk 2 but a knee problem I had in high school came back. I'm going to try again when I get to 240 lbs.

punkrocksong
07-25-2013, 09:23 AM
I didn't even notice the last thread was so full - thanks for starting a new one! Hopefully none of us will be here long enough to fill up this one!

Ugh...I have the worst cramps...I just want to eat chocolate and potato chips today. I won't though, you girls are awesome, but I really need/want that scale to be under 250 tomorrow.

Only Believe
07-25-2013, 10:09 AM
A new thread for a new day. We are going to do great today, right?
oh yeah.. we shall do great.
Let me sprinkle around a little :dust:

Take care all..

Kathy AKA Lemon face :lol: (drinking lemon water and it is soooo sour)

Mara
07-25-2013, 11:14 AM
Punkrocksong you can do it. The 240's are knocking on your door. :) Maybe try eating a banana for the cramps. And it is sweet so maybe it will help with the cravings.

And I am with ya'll about not being in the new thread too long. :)

pnkrckpixikat
07-25-2013, 12:07 PM
It WAS full, my silly "last post" post listed it at 500 last night, now with 2 extra posts it says 494 ... weird...

anyways good morning all!

ainslie it is week 2 I was doing so starting week 3, maybe, depends on how long until I run next, most mornings it is 95 by the time i get up so i haven't been running and going to the gym instead. I HATE the treadmill so I do the elliptical instead before weights.

Punkrock I am sure we will be long gone well before the thread is full, and if not it is just because we are so darn talkative that we filled it fast! I concur with Mara's banana suggestion I always heard the potassium is good for cramps. BUT NOT YOUR CHOCOLATE COVERED BANANA CHIPS! lol unless you stick to 1 packet! :) I also suggest some light stretching to get blood flowing better and a heating pad or hot bath.

Thanks for the dust Only believe! We are all gonna do awesome! Lemon water huh? did sue give up her recipe in the other thread? I will have to go check next!!

Today I am 253.4 so down .6 from yesterday but up .4 from the day before. Meh, it's all good as long as it keeps trending downwards! The gym is in the plans today, Tho I am even sore-er in my back than I was yesterday, I always forget how much I tighten those muscles when I run lol

ttyl

Mara
07-25-2013, 12:58 PM
Maybe try the banana ice cream? I like it with strawberries and a dash of vanilla extract.

ainslie
07-25-2013, 12:59 PM
Does anybody on here eat from smaller plates. You know the "salad" plates. I just started to cause I'm hoping it will make a difference in how I feel. That said I just eat lunch off it and am stuffed. No desire for seconds even though it was really good.

I'm always trying to make low cal version s of my fav restaurant meals. I hit the nail on the head with my own amatriciana. I will definitely have tomorrow. Was going to make for my DH for supper but I only have enough mushrooms for one more so I decided to be greedy :) ..."it's mine, all mine" (in evil voice)

pnkrckpixikat
07-25-2013, 05:24 PM
Ok, so I went to the gym and did my strength training, AND I went for my jog walk because it is still a tad cooler... not as much as I thought when I started I was soooo hot by part way through.

I started week 3 on my 5k program, It was warm up then 5 1 min run 1 min walk drills, I made it through half of them before having to give up... I figure I will do the same thing as I did for week 2, struggle through them as best I can until they are easy... week 2 took 4 weeks worth of runs I wonder how long week 3 will take me! Ah well I will keep on carrying on!

ETA: oh yeah ainslie I dont usually eat from smaller plates, but only cause we don't have them lol I probably would if we had them. Low cal versions of restaurant meals are a good idea! Your lunch sounds yummy! you should post some of them in the recipe section :)

FerrisW
07-25-2013, 08:29 PM
Hi everyone- I'm one of the lurkers who never quite knows how to join in the convos on here, but I do read frequently for motivation. And right now I need a big kick in the pants because I'm being a bit cowardly and self conscious- basically I've found out there is a zumba class down the road from where I live, that runs three times a week at times that are really convenient to me. I used to do zumba videos in front of my tv (recently I've let the exercise slide a bit more than I'd like...) but I'd like to go to a class to really get the full experience. My only issue is that I looked on the website, and all of the shots of people doing the class...well, the people are so slim and healthy looking! I hate being the fattest person in the room and constantly worry about what people must be thinking about me if they see me exercising. My excuse for not going so far has been that when I lose just a little more weight, I'll go then. But I don't want to make excuses. So I'm curious how any of you here get past that worry of others judging you. I know I just need to suck it up, but it's turning out to be harder than I thought! Any advice?

ainslie
07-25-2013, 09:46 PM
Ferris - I know what you mean. Personally I ask myself do I know these people? Are they friends? No. Then why should I care what they think? It took a while but now that thinking is part of me. It's actually quite liberating.

punkrocksong
07-25-2013, 10:46 PM
Ferris...I have some of the same issues - but I think I'm starting to get small enough that I could rock a pair of yoga pants! Look what you've done so far! One of my guilty pleasures since I started this is reading weight loss memoirs and every single of these writers who have lost hundreds of pounds say the same thing - everyone else is way more caught up in what they are doing than what anyone else is. Everyone else is so worried about their rear looks that they couldn't care less how yours looks. It's easier said than done, granted, but I've noticed that I'm much less self-conscious working out including my mismatched ensemble and bright orange Nike's. I doubt the neighbors are talking about my matted down hair and sweat soaked shirt when I come back from a run...and if they are - well aren't their lives just sad.

pixikat - we are a talkative bunch, aren't we!!! I was a good girl today...peanut butter toast with grapefruit for breakfast, chopped salad with yogurt dressing for lunch, and turkey burger (no bun) and cottage cheese for dinner...boring but I stayed on plan. That scale had better say 249 tomorrow!

Ainslie - I use salad plates and smaller bowls all the time...sometimes it helps trick me into thinking I'm eating more than I am - sometimes it doesn't...especially when I look over and my husband has one full size plate for his meat and another one for potatoes and veggies. I hate him a little sometimes.

I took a hot bath when I got home and felt better - I've noticed since I've started losing weight that it more regular and much shorter...but I still get those mind blowing cramps every month. My Mom said it's just another genetic gift she gave me...I wish there was a return policy with some of them.

OH OH OH - it's my puppy's birthday! She is one year old today...she got ice cream and we went to the dog park and she's sleeping in her house now. I made her a little hat, but she ripped it up before I could get a picture. I know...it's really obvious I don't have any kids.

pnkrckpixikat
07-26-2013, 12:28 AM
Ferris I agree with the others, people are really much more self centered in general then our evil little voices try to tell us. Also, when taking pics people tend to try to show the best picture, which sadly tends to mean the skinny pretty people, you may be pleasantly surprised when you go.

Punkrock awesome job staying on plan!!!! I know you were craving earlier. Have you ever used or considered using birth control to help the cramps? I have alway had debilitating cramps the first day of my cycle but when on depo or the pill I don't have any at all. The pill made me a raging bi**h though so I stick with depo, and no, it hasn't made me gain weight or inhibit my weight loss at all, the majority of the 180 lbs i have lost over the years *and regained :( * have been while on depo. Just something to consider if you aren't TTC anytime soon

I did good today, oatmeal for breakfast, then went to the gym, home for an hr and went for my walk, then I was at home for a bit before going with DH to see his sister who is in town for business. We went out to eat but I did good, a grilled chicken sandwhich with cajun spices no dressing on a lettuce wrapp instead of a bun with a side salad instead of fries. I did steal 4 of DH's fries though. I even think I may have stayed under my cals by a small amount since I skipped lunch since I wasnt hungry until about an hour before we were supposed to pick up his sister for dinner so I drank a cup of coffee to tide me over lol

Ok, i'm off to bed, hopefully I will see a loss tomorrow, but it may bump up due to eating out :( Im drinking a lemon water right now in hopes to prevent it lol

punkrocksong
07-26-2013, 09:17 AM
Well kids, the verdict is in - 246.4. So even with my bloated water retaining self I made it under 250. I hope everyone joins Sue and I in the 240's soon!!!

wannaskipandlaugh
07-26-2013, 09:25 AM
:congrat: and a BIG :woohoo: PUNKROCKSONG! WOW That is just such an awesome loss!! I am soooooo thrilled and happy for you! YEAHHHHHHHH and Hip Hip Horayyyy!!!!!! :D

Ok... More need to come on down !!!

Love you guys!! and lose girls Lose!!!!!! LOLOL

Only Believe
07-26-2013, 09:42 AM
:woohoo: You did it! A BIG congratulations to you punkrocksong :cp: Doing the happy dance for ya.:carrot:

I was 265.2 this morning so a tiny drop. I did enjoy my lunch with hubby yesterday and I know the calories were probably high but sometimes that's what it takes to get the numbers to start dropping again.

Mara
07-26-2013, 10:24 AM
Way to go Punk!

lulu3
07-26-2013, 02:12 PM
WOW!!! Things sure do happen fast around here!! Congrats on all the weight loss to everyone!!! Punk Rock Song....totally amazing, I WAS catching up to you, not so much now!!
It's been slow for me as I have had issues with sciatica and cannot exercise.....the weight is coming off, but very, very slow!! But I'll take it any way I can!!

pnkrckpixikat
07-26-2013, 02:43 PM
OH MY GOSH!!! Punkrock that is awesome!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot: have some carrot guys! lol go join Sue in the 240's the rest of us will hopefully catch up soon! It isn't a double decade thread so with the movement youve been having you may be gone when we get there *tear* but if we miss you we will see you in the 30's and 20's section for sure!

Only believe Hey, a drop is a drop! just get on track today and drink lots of water to flush the sodium! sometimes a good meal is worth it!

Lulu Great attitude chickie! coming off is coming off, sometimes it'll be slow, or even stall(!!!) but just keep on keeping on and it'll keep on going as well

Not sure what I am going to do today, I have a blister on my toe so idk if i will walk and it is my rest day for the gym. DH and I will probably swim later unless the weather attacks lol maybe I'll just tidy around the apartment, I'm sure the stove could use a good scrub, thats got to burn some calories right? :)

Have a good day everyone!

pnkrckpixikat
07-26-2013, 07:26 PM
It's so quiet here today lol

So I went to the store cause they had a special for buy one get one on 93/7 ground beef. they had a huge hostess display and I gave into a 6pk of mini donuts :( oh well with dinner Ill only be 33 cals over, it just means dinner is more veggie based than I originally planned for the day.

anyways, the first mini donut was delicious, but by the last one they tasted disgusting :barf: too sweet and overly chemical. Maybe a NSV- at least it will be if it keeps me from giving in in the future.

Only Believe
07-26-2013, 08:24 PM
I visited my parents today and my mom had the tv on some food channel and I was practically drooling over a chocolate cake they were making. Then I took my mom to get a few groceries and had to pass by all those delicious looking snack cakes on display. Oh I wanted to get some of them but I didn't. I told myself I can have cake on my birthday which is coming up soon In August. I'm looking forward to it but also so nervous since I love sweets so much. I haven't had the junk foods I used to eat since I started at the end of May.

Pnkrckpixikat- 33 calories over isn't too bad, and It's good that you adjusted your dinner to mostly make up for it. I don't know about you but back when i was eating a lot of junk foods I would have ate more than 6 mini donuts and with them tasting awful after a few is a NSV! :)

punkrocksong
07-27-2013, 12:23 AM
Only - when is your birthday? Mine in the 6th...I can't believe it's only a week and a half away. We joke in my family that 35 is the 1/2 way point because no one on either side seems to make it much past 70...but I'm determined to beat those odds!

Congrats on passing up on the cake! Next week is one of my staff's last day and she wanted to do a sundae bar...seriously?!?! Of course she's 6'1 and built like a super model so why shouldn't I have to watch her eat a 2000 calorie sundae?

pikikat - Congrats on stopping at the 6 mini donuts! I know what you mean though - I took a drink of my friend's regular Coke last week and I could barely swallow it because it was so sweet.

lulu - as long as it's coming off, that's what counts! I had a big whoosh - I'll bet 6 of those mini donuts that the scale doesn't budge for next week at weigh in.

Yes, hurry everyone...there are only 4 people in the 240's - we need some company!

Only Believe
07-27-2013, 09:36 AM
punkrocksong- my birthday is the 8th and I will be 47. My dad's is the on the 6th with you. He will be 76 years old.
Hopefully some of the others here will be joining you and the other 3 very soon.
I was happy to see I've lost exactly 30 lbs so far.
I'm wishing us all a great day!!:grouphug:

pnkrckpixikat
07-27-2013, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the congrats on limiting myself to 6 donuts, but since I bought the 6 pack thats all there was to have lol. I honestly almost stopped after 3 and failed, 3 minutes after stopping I picked them back up and ate the rest just because they were there. If i get them again I will make myself get up and throw them away after 3 so I won't do that.

Good job only believe for passing up the cakes etc at the store! I was feeling really proud of myself for doing the same at the store until I got to the lines with the hostess displays right next to them :( oh well! I'm sure your cake will be worth the wait! Just make sure to get right back on track the next day. and if you have a weakness for cake, maybe give away the leftovers so they aren't staring you down lol

punkrock it'll be your birthday too! wow lots of birthdays in aug it sounds like! mine isn't til nov so i got awhile

this morning I am ready to throw my scale out the window, I weighed in time #1 and it jumped from 250 to 253 to 252.4 before it settled. I pouted at it then accepted because I ate way too many carbs yesterday and I had slept way in so didn't weigh till noon yesterday. Anyways I was on my lappy for about an hour checking fb and whatnot and had to pee. I figured I would weigh again because I hadn't eaten or drank anything, so i hop back on and it settles on 253.0 this time :( eff that I'm putting down the first weight for the day and threatening the scale with replacement if it doesn't behave lol

Only Believe
07-27-2013, 12:36 PM
Thanks,pnkrckpixikat. I'm going to try not to get too big of a cake, but I love birthday cakes so much I just gotta have a little one LOL.
I bet that scale straightened up after hearing it may be replaced, and tomorrow will be a better weigh in! LOL

pnkrckpixikat
07-27-2013, 03:46 PM
I hope so! lol

I had a sort of nsv this morning, I was grumpy and started to just crawl back in bed after being awake for while, instead i went out for and hour walk then to the gym. 3.2 miles and strength training. I am now a little less grumpy but not much. but getting out and being active was alot better for me then going back to sleep

mandydawn77
07-27-2013, 09:08 PM
Hello everyone. Congratulations punkrocksong! I went to the movies and ate way too much of the mixed nuts I brought. The scale showed I was down a pound this morning, but I don't know how with all those calories and all that salt. I've been snacking a lot on nuts lately and surprisingly I've been losing pretty steadily. I always thought that nuts would throw me off track, but I guess if I continue to lose I will keep enjoying them. They do fill me up so maybe I'm not eating as much the rest of the time. I know I was way over my calories yesterday according to my phone app though. Nuts have a lot of calories, but if they don't make me gain I'm not going to worry. Guess it will be my new experiment lol Have a good weekend everyone!!

Only Believe
07-28-2013, 11:31 AM
264.4 this morning. I'm getting closer to those 250's! Last year I had gotten down to 255 and gained all 30 I had lost plus 10 more and it won't be long and I will be back to 255. It's just a matter of when because this woman isn't stopping!!

wannaskipandlaugh
07-28-2013, 11:44 AM
264.4 this morning. I'm getting closer to those 250's! Last year I had gotten down to 255 and gained all 30 I had lost plus 10 more and it won't be long and I will be back to 255. It's just a matter of when because this woman isn't stopping!!

Only Believe... Really soon that 255 will be a distant memory in your past! OH YEAH!!!!! I am looking forward to seeing that (mini) goal of yours crossed over and basically flown by!! :D

pnkrckpixikat
07-28-2013, 02:52 PM
Hello hello!

Mandy mmm nuts! I definitely have to measure mine out and stick to only one serving at a time.good luck with your experiment, just remember those extra calories don't show up on the scale right away, they may take a couple days.

Only believe yay you ARE really close to last years low! my low for last year was 202 so it may be NEXT year before I see it again lol

This morning I was the same as yesterday 252.4 :( ahhh well patience and sticking to my calories will win out in the end, so I'll keep on plodding away

Mara
07-28-2013, 02:56 PM
Hello guys. Still at 253. I did a 8.7 mile walk this morning, so maybe the scale will drop. Fingers crossed for all. :)

pnkrckpixikat
07-28-2013, 06:58 PM
Hey great job Mara!!! I get drained after 3.2 walk let alone more than double that :) how long did it take you?

If that isn't normal that you do that don't be surprised if you actually gain a little tomorrow from muscle swelling etc. if you do im sure itll flush right off the next day :)

Mara
07-29-2013, 11:22 AM
Hello pnkrck! I usually do 4 miles a day, and lately I have been adding a few running intrevals in there (not much, but I am building up.) The 8.7 took me 2 hours and 46 mintues. I do feel a little swollen, but not as stiff I though I would. :)

mandydawn77
07-29-2013, 12:23 PM
Weighed in at 261.2 this morning. Still eating nuts every day as my experiment to see how I react to them. We had our 30-year anniversary at church yesterday and, of course, had a dinner. I did good and stuck with my low carb. The dressing on this seven-layer salad was the only thing I had that I know had sugar in it. I tried to mostly eat around the dressing as it was sooooo sweet. I think it was that mayo, vinegar and sugar mix like I put over broccoli salad, only I use ez-sweetz instead of sugar in mine. The last time I made it I split it in half and did half with sugar for everyone else and half with the ez-sweetz and everyone said the one with the ez-sweetz tasted better and it didn't separate like the other one did. Next time I will just use the ez-sweetz, it's easier anyway. I need to make some just thinking about it is making my mouth water. Happy Monday everyone!

only believe - 255 was my lowest weigh in the last time I dieted as well. I can't wait to pass it up this time. Hopefully we both will soon!

pnkrckpixikat
07-29-2013, 12:29 PM
Thats great Mara! I'm glad you aren't completely sore. Any swelling should go away soon.

This morning I am back down to 251.4 hooray! almost to the 240's but at this rate it may be another week or two with you lovely ladies.

DH started his new job today so it is really quiet around the house. My aunt is coming to see the place while she is town tomorrow so I think I will get some cleaning done. It is my gym day, but because it is a groupon there are only certain hours I can go so I'm thinking I will make the house my first priority today and see about the gym after.

On that note... off to start on the mounds of laundry lol

Mara
07-30-2013, 09:55 AM
So a little swollen still I think (hope anyways). I was 254 this morning. But I am optimistic that it will go away. :) And I have to weigh myself earlier than I used to so I am sure that makes a tiny difference.

Only Believe
07-30-2013, 10:09 AM
264 this morning. July is almost over and I've lost close to 15 lbs this month (14.6). I hope I can make to 15 before it's over. Last months total was 13. :)

pnkrckpixikat
07-30-2013, 10:48 AM
Mara I'm sure itll flush away soon and show a loss!

Only Believe thats AWESOME! you are doing great! I'll keep my fingers crossed you get that last nudge to put you over 15. In the meantime LEMON WATER! lol

I am holding steady at 251.4 but I weighed much earlier than I normally do because I got up early to do my walk before it got hot... it was still hotter than I expected it, stupid texas heat lol.

Today we are going out to eat with my aunt but I am going to try to stay within 1800 cals for the day. my daily calorie goal is lower but I have it set to sedentary so I figure my 3+ mile walk should have earned me some extra for the day.

Now it is time to finish cleaning the house, 1 last load of laundry, clean the bathroom, and vacuum... yay :s

ETA: and I did go to the gym yesterday instead of using cleaning as an excuse lol

mandydawn77
07-30-2013, 12:43 PM
Weighed in at 260.4 this morning. I'm excited to get out of the 260's - maybe tomorrow :)

only believe - sounds like you're doing fantastic, 15 pounds in a month and 13 last month that's awesome!

pnkrckpixikat - I'm sure you'll be out of the 250's any day now. Enjoy your visit and dinner with your aunt.

mara - I'm sure all your hard work will soon show on the scale.

Mara
07-30-2013, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the support ladies!

That is an awesome monthly loss Onlybelieve! You'll definitley get to 15.

Pnkrck you will be in the 240's thread by this end of this week for sure!

The 250's are just around the corner mandydawn!

Only Believe
07-30-2013, 02:40 PM
pnkrckpixikat Thanks for reminding me to drink my lemon water. I'm going to go put some in my water bottle when I get this posted. You will be in the 240's soon! Enjoy your meal out. :)
Mara I hope you see a drop in those numbers soon..It won't be long and you and Pnkrckpixikat will move on down to the 240's thread. :)
mandydawn The 250's sound wonderful don't they? I bet you will be there tomorrow or the next day. I'm right behind you!
I'm about to get in some walking and I will be chugging that lemon water!
Have a great day all!

pnkrckpixikat
07-30-2013, 04:07 PM
mandy OMG you are SOOOOOOO close!!! tomorrow seems a sure thing! I am prescribing you lemon water too!!!

I hope you are all right and I will be back in the 240s soon, my body likes to be stubborn so we shall see I suppose. In the meantime I will just keep on doing what I'm doing and it'll cooperate when it is ready :)

keep on chugging that lemon water ladies!

cleancowgirl
07-30-2013, 04:57 PM
Good morning everyone. I will be heading over to the 240's but looks like a lot of you will be joining me soon. Weight down 3.6 lbs this week to 247.6 I have been working out like crazy. I bought a fitbit one on ebay and got it today. Once I get it set up I am sure it will motivate me more.

cleancowgirl
07-30-2013, 04:59 PM
Hi everyone- I'm one of the lurkers who never quite knows how to join in the convos on here, but I do read frequently for motivation. And right now I need a big kick in the pants because I'm being a bit cowardly and self conscious- basically I've found out there is a zumba class down the road from where I live, that runs three times a week at times that are really convenient to me. I used to do zumba videos in front of my tv (recently I've let the exercise slide a bit more than I'd like...) but I'd like to go to a class to really get the full experience. My only issue is that I looked on the website, and all of the shots of people doing the class...well, the people are so slim and healthy looking! I hate being the fattest person in the room and constantly worry about what people must be thinking about me if they see me exercising. My excuse for not going so far has been that when I lose just a little more weight, I'll go then. But I don't want to make excuses. So I'm curious how any of you here get past that worry of others judging you. I know I just need to suck it up, but it's turning out to be harder than I thought! Any advice?

Maybe they will let you sit in on the class and that way you will see if you want to join. I agree with the others people are usually too much into themselves to worry about anyone else. See if you can take a friend with you to class, it's always more fun and it makes you more accountable when you have a buddy.

Mara
07-30-2013, 06:06 PM
Congrats Cleancowgirl! Hopefully see you soon in the 240's. :)

wannaskipandlaugh
07-31-2013, 09:07 AM
Hello all! Hope you are all doing well and I see someone is really flying these days! MandyDawn... almost 15 lbs this month Well that deserves a HALLLA!!!! :) Cleancow glad to have you in our thread... NOW where are the rest of you? I'm waiting!!!! :) tho not too long.. this next 240's thread is a quicker one... only 10 lbs.. makes it a whoosh to get thru and not a prison sentence! So hurry!

EDITED I read wrong and I appologize ONLY BELIEVE! 15 lbs down in a month is a dream come true for me and is so AWESOME for YOU! :D

mandydawn77
07-31-2013, 09:53 AM
259.2 this morning yay! I'm surprised because TOM surprised me yesterday and I had an insatiable appetite yesterday afternoon. I tried my best to eat really low carb because even when I go over on my calories if I stick to really low carb it doesn't seem to have an effect on my weight loss. Now I just hope I never get back up into the 260's ever again :)

wannaskipandlaugh - I think I only lost 10 this month, which I'm happy with. It's only believe that lost 15 or almost 15 pounds this month.

Only Believe
07-31-2013, 01:40 PM
259.2 this morning yay! I'm surprised because TOM surprised me yesterday and I had an insatiable appetite yesterday afternoon. I tried my best to eat really low carb because even when I go over on my calories if I stick to really low carb it doesn't seem to have an effect on my weight loss. Now I just hope I never get back up into the 260's ever again :)

wannaskipandlaugh - I think I only lost 10 this month, which I'm happy with. It's only believe that lost 15 or almost 15 pounds this month.

Congrats on reaching the 250's! I hope you never visit the 260's again.:)

I was 15.2 lbs down for July on this morning's weigh in. Tomorrow morning will show exactly how much I've really lost for the month. It can be a little more or some less, depending on how I do today.

pnkrckpixikat
07-31-2013, 02:43 PM
It sounds like everyone needs a huge CONGRATS today!!!

Cleancow for ditching us for the next thread down :p

Mandy for finally hitting the 50's, what'd I tell you, today is the day!!!

and

Only Believe for hitting her 15 lb goal she set herself! stick OP today, limit carbs and drink all the water!!!

Dinner was good and seeing my aunt was awesome. I am up about half a pound this morning but no worries, I made good choices and should have been within my cal limit I gave myself (I hope! they don't have cals listed on their site lol)

Nagazim
07-31-2013, 02:58 PM
So glad I found you all! I clicked my cp and there wasn't a thread there! It was a shock that no one had posted lol! Whew*

I'm still chugging along. A little discouraged with the scale currently. I thought today was the 1st so I weighed just to see and took my measurements. Weigh in isn't until Friday. But today it said 256. That really sucks. I know I had salad with ranch and a steak on Sunday, but surely I'm not still carrying water weight. I just can't see how I'd gain anything. I've been perfect with my counting and exercise :( So I'm discouraged that the scale isn't being nice.

I did measure today and I've lost 7.5 inches in the last month and 20.5 total since June 1st. I even remembered to take my monthly pictures today. I'm an extremely modest person so the fact that my legs are bare is hard for me to swallow but I figured that's the best way for me to see the change. I'll link it below.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/285542-2-month-progression.html

Happy Hump Day folks!

pnkrckpixikat
07-31-2013, 05:47 PM
Well from your ticker you are only a couple pounds up, but you are 7.5 inches down and that is AWESOME!!! I would advise don't worry about the scale reading from today, it has GOT to be water retention from something.

Keep it up!

mandydawn77
07-31-2013, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the encouragement everyone :)

only believe - I knew you would hit that 15 pounds! That's awesome.

nagazim - 7.5 inches! wow! I'm so jealous. I measured months back because my friend talked me into it back after we started zumba and I've been so discouraged. Every time I try to measure thinking surely I've lost some inches after all my hard work and I've hardly lost any. I'm always wondering if I measure in the exact same place each time though. Any tips? I measure my legs in like three places - calves, upper and lower thigh. On the arms I just try to measure the biggest part. I swear I have to lose like 50 pounds before I lose one pant size and other people seem to be able to lose just a few pounds and go down a size. So frustrating! Anyway, I didn't mean to start complaining lol.

Nagazim
07-31-2013, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the encouragement everyone :)

only believe - I knew you would hit that 15 pounds! That's awesome.

nagazim - 7.5 inches! wow! I'm so jealous. I measured months back because my friend talked me into it back after we started zumba and I've been so discouraged. Every time I try to measure thinking surely I've lost some inches after all my hard work and I've hardly lost any. I'm always wondering if I measure in the exact same place each time though. Any tips? I measure my legs in like three places - calves, upper and lower thigh. On the arms I just try to measure the biggest part. I swear I have to lose like 50 pounds before I lose one pant size and other people seem to be able to lose just a few pounds and go down a size. So frustrating! Anyway, I didn't mean to start complaining lol.

I had a pretty unhealthy habbit of measuring myself a lot when I was in highschool. Since my parents weren't fans of scales so I couldn't weigh very often. I think with all of that practice I general measure the exact same spot every time. I usually go for the chubbiest section and that were I'll continue to measure everytime.

pnkrckpixikat
07-31-2013, 09:36 PM
I swear I have to lose like 50 pounds before I lose one pant size and other people seem to be able to lose just a few pounds and go down a size. So frustrating! Anyway, I didn't mean to start complaining lol.

That darn paper towel theory!!!

If you aren't familiar, the body is like a roll of papertowels. On a new roll you take off one sheet and you can't see any change at all. but when it is nearing the end one sheet can look way different. Similarly on a larger body it takes alot more loss to show, especially in clothes sizes, then in a smaller body.

That just means lots of shopping closer to goal cause we will be dropping sizes at the drop of a hat then too!

Only Believe
08-01-2013, 09:21 AM
263 today. Those 250's don't seem so far away now.

My totals for July is 15.6 lbs gone. :)

I'm wishing us all a wonderful August!

mandydawn77
08-01-2013, 11:12 AM
258.8 this morning. Only about a half a pound, but I will take it :) Tomorrow is our official weigh-in day for our competition here at work. Right now I'm in third place and I'm hoping to, at least, hold onto that place. I have some pretty stiff competition. I really want to win, but they are not making it easy. I think I'm the heaviest one in the competition (there's one other person that's probably pretty close, but we don't put our actual weight up so I don't know for sure) and, since we are going by percentage of body weight lost and not pounds, I have to lose a lot more pounds to go up a percentage than someone who weighs a lot less than I do. So even if I've technically lost more pounds than everyone else it doesn't mean I've lost the biggest percentage. It wouldn't be fair to everyone else if we did it by pounds though. We are talking about how we are going to do the next one and I think we are going to pick a length of time to lose a certain percentage, i.e. 6 weeks to lose 5%, and everyone pitch in the same amount of money, then everyone who meets the goal splits the pot. Whoever doesn't reach the goal doesn't get anything. I got the idea out of a magazine and everyone thought it sounded good. If nobody reaches it then we will just keep the money in the pot for the next one. We started June 14th and as of today I've lost 7.85% of my body weight since that day. The person in the lead right now is at 8.5% as of today (she has tomorrow off so she weighed in a day ahead of time). Our last weigh in is August 30th. First place gets either $400 or $450, I can't remember which, and second and third place split the rest, which I think will be about $50 each. We are each doing $5 a week for 12 weeks and there are 9 of us. We started out with 10 people and one dropped out the first week so it messed up our original prize amounts. Anyway, we have found money to be a really good motivator :) I'm really hoping that after my TOM is over I will have a really good drop and maybe jump in first place! I've been in second and third place throughout the entire thing so far.

pnkrckpixikat
08-01-2013, 12:16 PM
OnlyBelieve almost 16lbs thats AMAZING! Can't wait to see how you do in august

Mandy You are doing great! even if you don't place you should be super proud of how well you are doing

Today I am back to 251.4 so maybe tomorrow I will see 250.something. The 240's are taunting me, so close but my body isn't cooperating enough yet.

I got up at 7 to do a walk, stepped out side and it was already 81 degrees so I didn't go. I may go later and walk around the university buildings since there are alot of overhead walkways between buildings.

Nagazim
08-01-2013, 02:20 PM
pnkrckpixikat - I had never heard of the paper towel theory but it makes complete sense! I'm still wearing all of the same clothes I used to. I just think they actually fit me now or are getting baggy but still not "too big."

263 today. Those 250's don't seem so far away now.

My totals for July is 15.6 lbs gone. :)

I'm wishing us all a wonderful August!

Awesome loss!

mandydawn77 - the $5 a week by 9 people is a great incentive! You're doing awesomly and I just know you'll get some cash in the end ;)

_____

My plan was to weigh this morning just to see if the scale had budged but I couldn't make myself. It's too disappointing when there appears to be a gain. I know I'm losing inches if nothing else. My DH thinks it's probably a muscle gain since we've been working a lot harder in the yard and I'm walking much faster every night now. Muscle gain isn't terrible, I just realllllyyyy like pound loss. I had an epiphany yesterday. I'm really going to do it this time. It's not just something I want to do. Or I'm promising I'll do next month. I don't need a month to get ready (yes I've used that excuse). I'm really doing it right now. Today. I'm not putting it off anymore. That's empowering!

mandydawn77
08-01-2013, 03:08 PM
pnkrckpixikat - You are so close to the 240's. You'll be out of this thread in no time and I'll have to try to catch up to you before you leave the 240's :)

nagazim - Muscle gain is better in the long run since it helps you burn more calories even while sitting. It sounds like you have the right attitude this time.

I was really determined back in the summer of 2011 when I first tried the Atkins diet. I did really good too. I stuck to it all through the holidays that year and didn't let anyone throw me off track. Then I stalled out for months in 2012 and decided I'd try Weight Watchers and at first I lost, but then those carbs started making me crave more and I ended up really messing up and just giving up through the holidays. It took this weight loss challenge to get me back in the groove. Once I get my mind made up I'm usually pretty good at sticking to it. I plan on staying strong this time. I know I can do it! We all can!

ainslie
08-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Well now I've gone and done it. I broke my scale. Not in the way you'd expect though. I remove the battery to use in my food scale and accidentally pulled out a wire. Oops. I can fix it but will need to find the part. Its the little piece to connect a 9v battery. Guess I wont be weghing myself for a couple days.

Congratulations to everyones successes. I'm hoping that when I fix the scale it will be closer to 250. Maybe even the 240s but I'm not getting my hopes up. Still plugging along.

pnkrckpixikat
08-01-2013, 09:40 PM
Nagazim Sometimes it can be hard to make yourself weigh if you expect to see a gain, but maybe you will be pleasantly surprised? But, if you wanna play it safe that is ok too, whatever will stress you out the least :)

Mandy while I am sure my body has a pattern, it seems unpredictable. Sometimes I will hold steady for a couple weeks and then flush off 5 pounds, other times I will just keep losing a few ounces every few days. I haven't seen the pattern yet in terms of what I am doing or not doing at the gym or with micro nutrients. As long as my calories are on track it'll go eventually!

It sounds like you did really well on atkins last year, keep it up and I'm sure you will do just as well this year :) you got this!

ainslie ohnoes! no problem it just means once it is fixed you should definitely see a change as long as you stay OP! You can do it!

My day was good, went to the gym and just went swimming with my DH.

wannaskipandlaugh
08-02-2013, 09:32 AM
Just wanted to say HEY Chickies!!! :) Wishing you all a good and Happy Friday!!! :)

Only Believe
08-02-2013, 10:19 AM
Hey there wannaskipandlaugh, happy Friday to you too!

ainslie- I hope you get your scale fixed soon. I thought mine was broken because I'm losing so well right now, so I picked it up and examined it and looked under it expecting to see something wrong with it. It's working fine and it finally sank in that I'm really weighing what it says when I went to my dr and weighed in there on Wednesday.
I'm wishing us all a great Friday!

mandydawn77
08-02-2013, 10:39 AM
258.4 this morning. Down from yesterday, but didn't make it to 257 yet. TOM will be over soon so hopefully next week will be better. I'm happy with my progress (4 pounds last week and 3 pounds this week). I just wish I had lost enough to take the lead in our competition here at work. Maybe next week :)

Happy Friday everyone!

pnkrckpixikat
08-02-2013, 11:26 AM
Mandy you are doing awesome! 7 lbs in 2 weeks GO YOU!!! You will probably beat me to the 30s thread if you keep it up!

Only Believe Just Believe! :p

So I did my 5k jog walk this morning and decided to double check the timing on my c25k app, no wonder I couldn't finish the jog walk drills the last couple times, it is supposed to be 5 1 min run 1 min walk drills, the third one was a minute thirty, the fourth one waited till 55 seconds to say 15 seconds down etc so it was almost 2 minutes and the 5th one was the same (i never got to the 5th one, always threw in the towel when it claimed 15 seconds on #4) so I timed myself and just got some extra walking in while it was mis-timing. but it means I completed day 1 YAY! hopefully day 2 won't be as jacked up but I will keep my handy dandy stopwatch app available just in case.

scalewise I had a good morning, saw a .8 drop :) so now i am right on the edge 250.6. it was bouncing between .6 and .4 and I didn't notice for awhile that it had a new number before the point so when it settled I got all disappointed seeing a gain instead of a loss before it clicked that it WAS a loss! :dizzy:

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!

mandydawn77
08-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Oh you are so close! You will be out of the 250's in no time.

For me it seems so far away, but I can't wait until onederland. I haven't seen onderland since I was a kid - I'm guessing it was junior high! And, considering I'm 36, that has been quite awhile ago. It almost seems impossible to me, but I want it sooooo bad.

Only Believe
08-02-2013, 12:11 PM
Only Believe[/B] Just Believe! :p

LOL so funny!! I'm believing!:D

My bloodwork from my last visit to my doctors is in. They are decreasing my thyroid meds for the second time. I hope it doesn't slow my weight loss! They also said my vitamin D3 is low and I'm already taking 1000 units.. I will be increasing that I guess.

Mara
08-02-2013, 12:14 PM
Congrats on the losses Mandydawn!

Happy Friday to you Sue and Onlybelieve!!!

Way to go on the 5k training pnkrck!

I am trying to add more sprinting to my walks. Yesterday a guy in a pickup stuck his thumb out the window and yelled "Good job!" It made me smile and laugh. It was my first time jogging on the next to the main road because I felt so self conscious. So that made me feel so much better about it and more confident to keep going. :)

pnkrckpixikat
08-02-2013, 03:39 PM
Mandy well it took me 6 days to go from 251.4 to 250.6 so it may be another week or so lol or it could be tomorrow, WHO KNOWS :p I am definately looking forward to Onederland, I was so close last Oct before everything fell apart! grrr lol for me I would guess jr high as well. Can't know for sure as I avoided scales like the plague.

Only Believe- OK now that you are believing, chug that lemon water! lol It is good they are decreasing the meds but yeah, it may slow the weight loss, of course it may not! think positive!

Mara - I am always happy to see stories where strangers acted awesome instead of like d*ckwads! and good for you for getting out there and doing it!

pnkrckpixikat
08-03-2013, 11:48 AM
Happy Sat ladies! Hope you are all doing fun things this weekend! Me, not so much lol might go to the dollar theatre later and thats about it.

I am planning to go for a walk in about an hour then go straight to the gym after the walk.

My scale is continuing to be nice, 250.2 this morning. We shall see if the trend continues through the weekend and moves me over to the 240's or if it stops for another week lol either way I'll come play cheerleader and see most of you on other boards!

pnkrckpixikat
08-04-2013, 10:04 PM
Y'all disappear?!?! Hope you guys had a good OP weekend! looking forward to seeing how you are all doing tomorrow

Only Believe
08-05-2013, 09:46 AM
Gained .2 since yesterday's weigh in but that could be from not drinking enough water yesterday.

Mara
08-05-2013, 10:28 AM
Way to go pnkrck!!! I am sure you are in the 240's today.

My sister got married on Friday, so Saturday was a cookout to celebrate. I ate way too much! I did another 8.5 mile walk yesterday. I have not lost any weight in like two weeks. So this week I am going to concentrate on eating better and less. Honestly this is where I have been struggling lately. Bad food choices are sneaking in. This week will be bettr!

pnkrckpixikat
08-05-2013, 10:59 AM
Mara - Fun a family wedding! Just focus on eating well this week and drinking lots of water and I'm sure you will get back on track in no time!

This morning I weighed in at 252.2 :( but then I went for my run and downed a bottle of water before my shower. I hopped on the scale while the water was warming up and it said 251.6 so I have no idea what is going on lol

I have been OP but I am sore from the gym and have been skipping my coffee but still drinking water... anyways, since I have been OP I know it can't be anything other than water and will continue to be patient :)

OH! in other news, I have a job interview sometime this week at a local hotel for front desk, the manager hasn't set up the time with me, but fingers crossed! I get super bored at home all day and I only have classes T/TH this coming semester so a part time job would save my sanity lol

Mara
08-05-2013, 12:30 PM
Thanks pnkrck! I am thinking postive thoughts about this week. :)

That water weight will probably be off in the next day or two.

mandydawn77
08-05-2013, 02:40 PM
It was a sad, sad day for me with the scales. It shows I've gained a little over 4 pounds!!! I did not do that bad over the weekend. In fact I was rather proud of myself yesterday. It was my son's birthday and he chose the Olive Garden for dinner. I had the venetian apricot chicken with grilled asparagus and steamed broccoli and I got the sauce on the side and just dipped the corner of each bite of chicken in it, so I didn't even have much sauce. I totally stayed away from the appetizers and breadsticks. I did have salad, but took the croutons out. I cut and served the cake and didn't even lick my fingers, totally stayed away from the cake. After zumba I had a bowl of boiled yellow squash with rotel and that was it. Besides my coffee and a spoonful of peanut butter for breakfast. I will weigh in tomorrow and if it's still up I will change it on my stats. :( I didn't do great Friday or Saturday, but I didn't eat anything off my plan, just went over on the calories. You would think if I was going to gain it would have been during TOM and not after geez!

Anyway, I hope you guys are having a better day than I am. I'm being extra, extra good today and hopefully it will show soon.

pnkrckpixikat
08-05-2013, 03:05 PM
Don't worry Mandy, it looks like you did great! congrats for avoiding the cake, sweets are totally my weakness! Olive garden is HORRIBLE for sodium for I am sure it is only water retention. Give it a few days and drink down plenty of water!

Mara
08-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Ooh I love the OG! The salad and breadsticks. Yummy but bad. ;)

Pnkrck I forgot to say good luck on the interview.

pnkrckpixikat
08-05-2013, 05:50 PM
Thanks Mara! I am still waiting to find out when it will be from the manager... I did however just hear back from an on campus position asking me to come in tomorrow at 2pm so now I have TWO interviews! YAY!

I kind of prefer the on-campus job as I live on campus, a 10 minute walk to the student center is so much easier than a 20 min drive across town and will likely be more OK with me studying during quiet times lol

mandydawn77
08-06-2013, 10:32 AM
Well I changed my settings to reveal my true weight :( I was hoping it would at least go down some, but it only came down a few ounces. I'm so depressed. I have been going over on my sodium, but I've been doing my zumba classes 4 days a week and then this morning I did some power walking for 30 minutes. If it doesn't go down by the time I officially weigh in on Friday I'm really going to be upset. I was under on my calories yesterday and that's without adding in the extra calories for exercise. I drank lots of water yesterday, but I guess it still wasn't enough. I will try to drink more today and keep my calories down again. I didn't want to go back to the 260's grrrr

Mara
08-06-2013, 10:49 AM
Yay for two interviews! Fingers crossed pnkrck!

Mandydawn I am sure it will come off in a whoosh. Keep driving ahead. :)

Only Believe
08-06-2013, 11:08 AM
Hello everyone.. I wish I could respond to your postings but I gotta read/post and run :(
I lost the .2 gain from yesterday and that's it. I was expecting more because I was sooo busy yesterday and I did a few minutes on my new Elliptical. Oh wow it's tough. For some reason I thought it would be easy.

pnkrckpixikat
08-06-2013, 01:02 PM
Mandy I am SURE it will flush off, it just may take a few days. For me I tend to see a few more ounces everyday for 5-7 days. just keep drinking your water, maybe add some lemon juice to it :) Also keep in mind that a new exercise also can cause water retention as your muscles get used to the new 'routine' so to speak. If you have sore muscles, than you are retaining water in them for healing. Just stay strong! Remember that you DID NOT eat 3500x4+maintenance (+/-16400 cals) so there is no possible way that that weight is anything but a fluctuation!!!

Today I am down to 250.6 again, hopefully the last .4 and maybe some additional will flush out tomorrow.

have a great OP day everyone!

pnkrckpixikat
08-06-2013, 07:06 PM
So the interview here on campus went well I believe. She said she has a few more interviews set up and should get back to me by monday.

Still haven't heard from the second job to set up the interview so we shall see what happens with that.

In WL news, Went to the gym today and theyre AC was broken! I did it all anyways, but it was 85 degrees inside ick!

Nagazim
08-06-2013, 08:44 PM
Mandy - I'm going to have to change my ticker tomorrow too :(

Mandy I am SURE it will flush off, it just may take a few days. For me I tend to see a few more ounces everyday for 5-7 days. just keep drinking your water, maybe add some lemon juice to it :) Also keep in mind that a new exercise also can cause water retention as your muscles get used to the new 'routine' so to speak. If you have sore muscles, than you are retaining water in them for healing. Just stay strong! Remember that you DID NOT eat 3500x4+maintenance (+/-16400 cals) so there is no possible way that that weight is anything but a fluctuation!!!

have a great OP day everyone!
Even though it wasn't directed to me, this made me feel a little better. I'm having a rough patch I guess. We went on a mini vacation over the weekend and I really did attempt to stay on plan. So it was eating out every meal. Friday's meals weren't great... we even had pizza for Dinner. :o I had 3 pieces so Saturday morning I chose Subway and had their egg white wrap. (it was reallllyyy good too!) Saturday was spent walking around a giant market for 4+ hours pushing a double baby stroller so I felt like I made up for my booboo by sweating until my clothing was soaked. Sunday was a pot luck meal at church but I was a good girl.

Anyways I'm confessing all of that to say I was on plan yesterday (other than the smore I splurged on) and weighed this morning to see the damages. It says I've gained 5 LBS! :cry::cry::cry::cry:
I'm so tired of this serious gain happening every other week. I think I may need to adjust my calories per day or something. I'm not having steady losses. I should be losing easily over a month's time but it's not being very much change. I also will start weighing every morning again. I think it helps me stay more accountable at night time when I know I'm getting on the scale the next morning. I'm seriously sad. My mom cooked us supper tonight. She made fried chicken and French fries. I brought my own grilled chicken and chose tomatoes instead of fries. I can do this. No more vacation/holiday cheats. I'm going to try to add lemon to my water and just drink like a mad woman.

The lose it app allows me 1756 calories per day. I usually exercise at least 300 cals back off, but don't eat them back. Does this sound like too many calories for the day?

Nagazim
08-06-2013, 09:38 PM
I've been talking with my dh and after a little research, I've decided to swap from the Lose it app to the Myfitnesspal app. MFP gives me 1470 for the day. So I'll see how that goes. Does anyone else use either app? The lose it app is off on exercise a lot. Like only saying 200 cals burned when other sites and apps give 350+ cals burned. So I've been a little worried about it. I just want consistent change. Even with a treat every now and then, still there should be changes.

pnkrckpixikat
08-06-2013, 10:17 PM
Nagazim I use mfp with the same username if you want to add me.

I honestly don't believe calorie counts for exercising alot of the time, but since I rarely if ever eat them back I don't worry about it.

It really sounds like you did well this weekend, 3 slices of pizza is 6-900 calories unless you got super deep dish covered in meat or something. So it really is just sodium. The problem with treating yourself by eating out (even when you are within calories!) is it will always cause water fluctuations of some sort. 1 meal will up me by 2 or 3 lbs, multiple over a weekend can add 5+ easy, but it flushes out over a few days as well.

What I might recommend if you are going back to daily weighing is writing it down or creating a chart or something, that way you can see the patterns.

We get pizza alot at a build your own pizza place, I always am within my cals or off by 100 or less (thats my buffer) and I weigh every day and write it down so mine tends to be down, down, down, new low, low holds (eat out), +2, down, down, down, low, new low. I am actively losing that entire time but it is masked due to the water fluctuations between weight lifting at the gym (sore muscles hold water) and water fluctuations from eating out. the fluctuations would probably drive me CRAZY but I picked up on the pattern by tracking myself daily so it doesn't really bug me.

It also means I don't change my ticker up, only down, unless I did something like go so far off plan for enough time that I KNOW a gain DID occur.

*HUGS* to you and feel proud at how well you did!

Nagazim
08-06-2013, 10:51 PM
pnk - I'll try to add you in a moment. Will the MFP app not chart out each daily weigh in? Lose it did, so that's what I was planning to go by. I'm sad since I can't figure out how to override it to June 1st 275lbs weight. So I can see my trend thus far. But at least I'm starting it now, so it'll track the rest of my journey. I originally began using lose it when my Aunt told me about it. Now that I think about it, she's been going months with no weight change. I bet lose it has her more set up for maintenance levels and not weigh loss levels. I'll have to tell her my thoughts on it tomorrow night.
Even with the new lower calorie levels, I've stayed within budget and even have about 300 to spare for tonight if I want them. I'm peeing like crazy since I'm trying to really drink water to hopefully flush some of this salt out. There's just no way I could have truly gained 5lbs. 2 maybe, but even that's a stretch. Sweet baby Jesus give me a loss tomorrow (from today's weight).

Speaking of sore muscles retaining water, since I walk on my treadmill every day I can really customize my walk. Should I be walking fast enough that my legs "feel" it? Like not hurting but that tight "push yourself" feeling? Or should I just walk fast enough that I'm sweating but not "feeling" it? Does this make sense?
When I began walking about 4 weeks ago, I couldn't go but 2.5mph and that was hurting some. So I went 2.5 for 20 mins the first night then pushed it to 25 the next night and kept that but raising the mph in the last 10 mins to 2.7. So slowly around every 4 days or so I would increase the mph. Now I walk 45 mins at 3.2mph but I REALLY feel it. It doesn't hurt but it's to where I don't focus as much on my little movie playing and more on how my legs feel. This is what I should do right? And once 3.2 is easier, I'll bump it to 3.4.

To me working harder should be better, but I don't want sabotage myself by constantly having sore muscles or something. They don't hurt, but I can feel it.

Mara
08-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Glad the interview went well pnkrck! Hope you hear something soon.

I made it back down to 253.4.

pnkrckpixikat
08-07-2013, 01:32 PM
Nagazim I would say that as long as you are feeling it while you are doing it that is sufficient for cardio. with weight training it is different and that what usually makes me sore personally. You are likely still retaining water in your legs from the exercise but if you are increasing at a steady weight and aren't sore I would think you would retain the same amount on a steady basis as well. I am NOT an expert however so I can't guarantee what I am saying, I am just basing it off my own experiences over the last few years. MFP should chart your losses if you update your weight daily, I really don't update it daily, in fact it still thinks I am at 244 from awhile ago lol They recently changed the layout of mfp so I am not 100% sure where everything is, but if you go to check in near the bottom of the page is a link that says "edit previous entries" and you should beable to use that to add old data from lose it! Once everything is added the chart can be seen in REPORTS and it gives you options from 7 days to a year... I've been doing this for 3 and a half years so I wish it showed longer lol

Mara Fingers crossed!

Well everyone, the inevitable has finally happened! 249.4!!!! so I shall be heading on to the 240s thread... but I will still check in here and chat with you all if you will have me :)

Nagazim
08-07-2013, 02:17 PM
CONGRATULATIONS PNK! I hope to be seeing you soon!

I changed my ticker this morning. Not happy about it, but I'm being honest with myself. I hope to shed this extra water and be closer to where I was last week by the weekend. No cheats for me. I want to thrive. MFP is being a bit of a challenge to figure out. I guess lose it was laid out a little easier. I'll figure it out though. For the first time in about 2 weeks, I DIDN'T have a late night snack. Woohoo!

Only Believe
08-07-2013, 02:44 PM
:congrat:pnkrckpixikat I'm happy for you, and yes of course we want you to visit us! Just don't move back in ;)

mjmelwel
08-07-2013, 03:06 PM
Hey everyone. This is my first post outside the introductions. I'm starting out at 255 so I'm hoping that my first week will be a big one! Let's move on to the 240's y'all!

Only Believe
08-07-2013, 04:19 PM
Welcome mjmelwel, I'm just now getting to the 250's and hopefully those 260's are behind me forever. 240's here we come!!!

mandydawn77
08-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Welcome mjmelwel :)

Congratulations pnkrckpixikat!!! :carrot: Hopefully I'll catch up to you soon.

nagazim - I feel your pain. I hate changing my stats when it's going the wrong direction, but if we look at the big picture we are still on the downward trend. We just have to keep doing the best we can and when we look back in a year we will see just how far we've come. I also use that MFP app on my phone. Even though I mostly just count carbs I do try to keep a close eye on my calories. Plus they say just keeping a food journal alone can help you lose weight.

As for me, I was down 2 pounds today from yesterday, but that's still up 2 pounds from a few days ago. I'm hoping to, at the very least, be where I was at last Friday's weigh in. Of course it would be really nice to have lost some, but after gaining nearly 5 pounds I'll be lucky just to get back to where I was. I still don't understand how I gained like that, but it is what it is.

Happy hump day everyone!

levoguette
08-07-2013, 05:51 PM
Hello all!
I've been hoping to join a progress thread since first joining here, and I thought I would finally jump in!
Today I weighed 266.5, I hadn't weighed myself in a few days (busy mornings and a being a bit frustrated with my scale!), and I'm glad to see that my scale finally changed to under 267. (Even if it is only .5 of a pound, haha!) :)

mandydawn77 and nagazim, I can say I feel your pain as well. After reaching 267, for a short amount of time my scale jumped up to 269-270 and wouldn't budge at all. It can be so frustrating! But like mandy said, if you look at the big picture you're still losing, and you can't let a little bump in the road get you down! I'm sure the scale will start on downward trend again soon. :)

Nagazim
08-07-2013, 08:12 PM
:welcome: mjmelwel & levoguette it's great to have you both!

Congratulations to the losses (even if some of us are "relosing" it lol) Hopefully we're all on a downward tread towards our goals.

I'm feeling a lot better today. That weigh in yesterday just really threw me for a loop. At least it was less today. I'm still chugging water, hoping to be closer to where I was. It's extremely discouraging to currently be trying to reach an already attained goal. Now I just want to push through it all. I'm ready to hit my next mini goal too! I'd like to be around 235 by Halloween. FX!

wannaskipandlaugh
08-08-2013, 08:36 AM
Only Believe! :bday2you: :bday2:

I wish you a SUPER BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!!!! I hope you really do have a truly wonderful day!!!

Mara
08-08-2013, 09:53 AM
Welcome mjmelwel & levoguette!

Happy Birthday Only Believe! It is going to be a great one. :)

I finally got the scale to go down. 252.6 this morning!

Pnkrck way to go!!! Hopefully I will be moving to the next thread soon.

Nagazim and Mandydawn don't get discouraged. The scale will move soon I am sure. I think sometimes weight is like a train. It rolls back just a little to gather steam for the charge ahead. :)

Only Believe
08-08-2013, 10:11 AM
You are so sweet wannaskipandlaugh I hope you have a whoosh day!!

Now that I've reached the 250's I've noticed my mind has switched to thinking about the 240's. It will take me a little while but 240's HERE I COME!!!

Only Believe
08-08-2013, 10:17 AM
Happy Birthday Only Believe! It is going to be a great one. :)

I finally got the scale to go down. 252.6 this morning!

Thank you Mara!
Can you guess what I'm eating for breakfast? I'm not having a party not eating out, but I've had birthday cake on my mind forever since I love sweets so much and haven't had junk foods since may. I picked up some mini cupcakes yesterday and this morning I thought about them and got 2 of them out for breakfast. Guess what?!!! I'm amazed that they are just ok... my taste buds aren't going crazy. I'm not wanting to eat them all.. As a matter of fact I'm still looking at half of the second, wondering if I really want it. LOL I know cupcake for breakfast is so silly!!! I'm thinking I won't have any trouble saying no to the others. :carrot:

mjmelwel
08-08-2013, 11:38 AM
Happy birthday Only Believe!!! Happy-last-birthday-ever-in-the-250's!

I weighed in at 253.8 today. I'm itching for those 240's!

pnkrckpixikat
08-08-2013, 12:54 PM
First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! only Believe and thats so awesome that the cupcakes are only meh, makes them easier to resist! I know I find supermarket cakes kinda gross now. The frosting is too sweet and tastes chemical-y. But put a homemade cake in front of me... well I'm better than I USED to be but still not great with the restraint. That just means I rarely bake lol

It looks like a number of you will be following me to the 240's soon! I can't wait! In the meantime I will keep my eye on the thread and offer my support :)

mandydawn77
08-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Happy Birthday only believe!

I've been busy this week at work and haven't had too much time to check in, but I try to update daily. This morning the scale kept changing on me. I think the battery needs to be replaced. It ranged from 258 to 260, so I just went with 259 :) My fingers are crossed that tomorrow I am at least back down to 258 for our weekly weigh in here at work.

Nagazim
08-08-2013, 05:12 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdes7kFFCC1rj3g5zo1_250.gif Only Believe!!!!

You know, I've realized I don't really like sweets like I used to now. It's only been about 2.5 months since I've eaten them regularly. I still find myself saying "oh sugar is my weakness", but I don't have much sugar at all ever now-a-days. The other night my dad made a homemade chocolate cake and my eyes were drooling. I took one bite of Dh's piece and my eyes nearly crossed it was soooooo rich. I couldn't have eaten it if I wanted to. It didn't really taste good to my taste buds now and I about never got the sharp sweet taste out of my mouth. It was a relief truly since I was convinced once I "treated" myself, I wouldn't be able to stop. Now I know I won't start.

I've been busy this week at work and haven't had too much time to check in, but I try to update daily. This morning the scale kept changing on me. I think the battery needs to be replaced. It ranged from 258 to 260, so I just went with 259 :) My fingers are crossed that tomorrow I am at least back down to 258 for our weekly weigh in here at work.

Our's had to be replaced once the weights were being all wacky like that. I hope you're under last week's by tomorrow!

Well ladies, the new calories counts and super water flush are working. I'm only 2 lbs away from my lowest this go around. I think last Friday I was around 255. So I guess I've at least caught back up to that. Now to push through. I want to hit 250 so badly! That will be my official lowest in 3 years! Can't wait!

Hope you're all having a great Thursday!

http://www.colourfulpalate.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Keep-Calm-and-Drink-More-Water-510x594.jpg

levoguette
08-08-2013, 06:01 PM
Today, my scale read 266.7, it's a +.2lb from yesterday, but I'm still content that it's below 267 (at last!) and staying that way. :carrot:

nagazim: Thank you for the welcome! :) I can completely relate to being thrown for a loop with a surprise +lbs on the scale. Eek! Always the worst! But no worries, you'll be back down and reaching your next goal soon. :hug: I really like how you've set a Halloween Mini-Goal for yourself, I think I may do the same! I haven't dressed up for halloween since high school, despite it being one of my favorite holidays. Maybe next year I'll be at my goal weight / body and can wear one of those itsy bitsy skimpy costumes they sell everywhere, haha! :lol: But for this halloween I will settle with 240 and a Rebel Wilson / Fat Amy costume. ;)

Mara: Also, thank you for the welcome! :) Congrats on your loss! Way to go!

OnlyBelieve: Happy Birthday!! I hope you enjoy a wonderful day! :) And a cupcake for breakfast on your birthday is not ridiculous at all! I used to eat homemade cookies for breakfast sometimes before starting my weight loss, and it was no special occasion either. -smacks forehead- There are some pretty good low-cal and/or healthy versions of cupcakes recipes that are pretty darn delicious. If I have a craving for some baked treat, I google vegan versions of it (normally use minimal to no butter and no egg which I'm allergic too), low cal, or Taralynn's(UndressedSkeleton's) recipes and kind of combine them together depending on what ingredients I have and what I can/can't eat.

mandydawn77: My scale is like that too, it's so frustrating. Earlier this week it was registering the same numbers over and over again, so I have now started weighing myself once without shoes then once with shoes to make sure it is actually registering a difference and not regurgitating the same number. I probably look ridiculous weighing myself in my pajamas with my heavy sneakers on, but hey the little 'test weigh' has been helping make it less frustrating. :lol:

mandydawn77
08-08-2013, 06:09 PM
Sounds like you're doing great nagazim, it won't be long and you'll be out of the 250's. I'm getting close to my lowest weigh in as well. Back before I quit dieting last year the lowest weigh in I had was 255 and I am getting so close. I can't believe I let my self gain back 25 pounds! I just stalled out for so long (months) and got discouraged and basically gave up. I can't let myself give up like that again. The weight can come back so fast. I went nuts on the sweets. I guess it was because I had gone soooo long (about a year and a half) without having basically any sugar. I do really well when I stay completely away from it and I lose all those cravings, but I have no self control once those cravings come back. I can't remember how long I was on weight watchers before the cravings really kicked in. At first weight watchers seemed so easy, but those cravings eventually came back and I lost all control. It's like I do really, really good following my diet or just completely blow it. I hope I can handle maintenance one day when I get down to a healthy weight. I'd like to be able to enjoy a treat once in awhile, but I don't trust myself to know when to stop. I didn't mean to ramble on and on.

Only Believe
08-08-2013, 08:43 PM
Thank you all for the birthday wishes. It has been a very nice day and I think I've done well and should see it in the numbers in the morning! :)

Mara
08-09-2013, 08:57 AM
I am down to 252.0 today. Fingers crossed for 251 this weekend. That will be my lowest in a long time. :)

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

mandydawn77
08-09-2013, 10:14 AM
My official weigh in this morning was 258.0, which is down by a few ounces, but we only go by whole numbers so it's the same as last Friday. It would have been nice to have lost some, but I am very thankful to have lost the 4, almost 5, pounds I gained this week. Hopefully next week I'll have a big loss. Happy Friday everyone :)

Only Believe
08-09-2013, 10:42 AM
levoguette thank you for the low cal treat ideas.

mandydawn77 I think we've chatted about this a little before, but I was 255 last year as well and gained all back plus 10, so you and I are both so close to our last years weight.
I gained the 40 after my son married and moved away. He's our only child and it was so hard, and still is at times, since he moved to another state. He calls fairly often and we chat online but I've only seen him for 1 week in 13 months :( So I guess in my sadness I stopped caring about weight loss and for a while I turned to food... BUT you and I are almost to last years weight!:carrot: We can do it!:)

pnkrckpixikat
08-09-2013, 11:12 AM
Mandy - Just because it doesn't count for your work thing, doesn't mean it doesn't count at all! You definitely lost this week :) you may still be flushing water so maybe you lost even more.

Only Believe good job for doing well! I'm glad that you had a good birthday!

mandydawn77
08-09-2013, 12:54 PM
That would be hard having your only child move out of state. A friend I work with just had her only child (son) move out, but at least he's not too far away. It has been difficult for her because she has been a single mom for most of his life and it's a tough adjustment. Food is her drug of choice also as it seems to be for so many of us.

Nagazim
08-09-2013, 01:47 PM
My official weigh in this morning was 258.0, which is down by a few ounces, but we only go by whole numbers so it's the same as last Friday. It would have been nice to have lost some, but I am very thankful to have lost the 4, almost 5, pounds I gained this week. Hopefully next week I'll have a big loss. Happy Friday everyone :)

That's great news! & I agree with pnk, you had a loss this week! I bet by Sunday you'll see your actual loss total for the week. Stupid salt.

Only Believe - So sorry about being an empty nester. I can't even imagine. My mom has truly held on tightly to my brother and I (We both live within 100 yrds of her door, HA!) But we like it this way. There's always someone around to help out with something. Since we homestead, you need the extra hands :) Oh and Congrats on surviving a birthday healthfully!

Today the scale said 255.8 which is .2 up from yesterday. I had cottage cheese and special k crackers before bed to try to get more calories in and I know the salt in the crackers didn't help. Oh well, maybe tomorrow I'll be closer to 253 :) I'm definitely on the right track!

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc4yq6rSft1rj7vq1o1_400.gif

RoxieK
08-09-2013, 02:43 PM
Hello Ladies,

Just dropping down from the 280 -270 group. My weight came down a big drop this week. So, I know it's going to drift back up because that how it always happens. It was at 269.4!

So, I thought I'd come say Hello even though I'm not convince it will stay put and behave lol

Hope everyone is having a great day! :-)

ataraxia3
08-09-2013, 08:30 PM
Hi everyone!! Just saw this thread & wanted to join in. I feel like I've been stuck in the 250's for too long, my weight loss has come to a halt so i'm trying a few different things (different exercises and changing my calorie intake) to switch things up to get my body losing again. Can't wait to see those 240's.

Nagazim
08-09-2013, 08:39 PM
Welcome aboard ladies :carrot::carrot:

Hello Ladies,

Just dropping down from the 280 -270 group. My weight came down a big drop this week. So, I know it's going to drift back up because that how it always happens. It was at 269.4!

So, I thought I'd come say Hello even though I'm not convince it will stay put and behave lol

Hope everyone is having a great day! :-)

That's an amazing whoosh of weight loss! I'm really hoping for one myself in the next few days. Did you do anything differently or were just due for a good loss? Hopefully you're here to stay (for a short while)!

Hi everyone!! Just saw this thread & wanted to join in. I feel like I've been stuck in the 250's for too long, my weight loss has come to a halt so i'm trying a few different things (different exercises and changing my calorie intake) to switch things up to get my body losing again. Can't wait to see those 240's.

Well doesn't seem like you'll be here for long, you're so close to the next group! I hope your changes pay off. Usually when I change my routine up a bit, it'll cause a little stall then I'll get a good loss after my body adjusts. I've just lessened my calories intake by 300 mainly due to swapping phone apps to track calories. I'm liking the lesser intake, my body feels good.

Only Believe
08-09-2013, 08:45 PM
:wave:Welcome ataraxia3!
RoxieK, congrats on the big drop. I hope you can keep it and those 270's are gone forever. :)
I love the dancing cat Nagazim.. Made me think of pnkrckpixikat...it does look like the kitty in her pic.:lol:

pnkrckpixikat
08-10-2013, 11:14 AM
Only Believe I've tried to make him dance before... he does NOT like it, he will cry till I feel bad enough to stop and let him run away lol

Only Believe
08-10-2013, 11:22 AM
LOL Pnkrckpixikat maybe he doesn't like the music. :lol:
I have 2 cats, both were strays that we took in. They are silly girls and will come running when I whistle.

Mara
08-10-2013, 11:30 AM
Welcome to the thread ataraxia and RoxieK!

I had dinner out last night so the scale reflected that (253.4). Hopefully it will be back down tomorrow.

NJChick78
08-10-2013, 12:49 PM
259.1. Woot!

RoxieK
08-10-2013, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the warm Welcome.

I think the big drop was because last Thursday (the night before weigh in) I ate salty food and went back up 2 lbs by morning. Either way this morning it was still around the same mark 269.8

Hope you all have a great day!

Nagazim
08-10-2013, 04:02 PM
Hello ladies. I'm curretly sitting at 255.6. Really was hoping for more of a whoosh by this morning. Oh well. I'm in a bit of a mental funk and it's not even about dieting. In April I got a new computer that broke about a month ago. Of course because it was a deal, there wasn't a very good waranty. So we have to buy the part and fix it ourselves or pay an outrageous amount for someone else to do it. So I've been on a back up computer. Well just now, the back up completely shut down. I feel cursed. Our AC unit broke the same time the first computer, then we found out one whole side of our house needs wire work and possible breaker box replaced. Dishwasher broke down. I just feel ... blah with my luck. It's probably a lot to do with why I'm not losing. Stress and all. I need a happy pill. I'm trying so hard to not run to food, but that's all my mind can focus on currently. So far, I'm strong.

mandydawn77
08-10-2013, 08:48 PM
:hug: hugs to nagazim. I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. Hang in there. I'm sure your luck will change for the better real soon.

I've been stressing over this coming Monday. I'm taking my kids and some of their friends to the local waterpark and there is only going to be one other adult there. It's to celebrate my son's birthday that just passed and I hope he's not too disappointed that only a few of his friends could go. For my sake I'm glad only a few can go because I don't think I'll be having much fun being responsible for keeping my eyes on all the kids with big water slides and wave pool, etc. Plus they're saying it might rain :( I'm just ready to get it over with. Hopefully it won't be as bad as I'm anticipating. I'll have to talk to them all before we leave to make sure I set some major rules first. The youngest will be 6, but his mom will be there. The others range from 9 to 14. I set it for Monday when they open hoping it won't be crowded or too hot, but since most parents have to work i'm stuck bringing all the kiddos. Wish me luck!

I woke up 2 pounds lighter this morning, but I didn't change my stats yet because I'm not sure if it will stay, plus it's so late in the day that I figure I'll wait to see what it says in the a.m. I'm switching my diet up a little. There's only 3 weeks left of our weight loss challenge at work and I'm in third place, so if I'm gonna win I need to do something different. I'm trying the steak and egg diet or actually meat and eggs, not necessarily steak only. It's really just an extreme low carb. I've heard people lose really fast on it and thought I'd give it a shot. It's not such a shock to my system since I was already doing low carb.

:welcome: to roxiek and ataraxia3 - congrats on your weight loss

Nagazim
08-10-2013, 10:23 PM
Mandydawn - good luck with all of those kids Monday. Just have fun with it. I'm sure they'll have a blast, you should try to too!

Today was just plain bad day. About an hour after that post my mother showed up with my 3 yr old to me bawling my eyes out. It's just one of those things where once I started I couldn't stop. Just needed to let it out. I did over eat. Not to badly but I was over generous with my calories counting since I didn't weigh any of it out at supper or snack. Mfp says I'm over by 450 cals. It's probably more like 300 but that's what I get for not knowing how many frosted mini wheats I ate. So I guessed high. I've been about 150+ cals less than what I needed everyday so maybe it'll balance out by Tuesday. I'm in control now. Thanks for letting me fall apart all over here lol. Onward and Upward.

NJChick78
08-10-2013, 11:32 PM
Mandy, good luck to you. Do you go on the rides? I remember a couple years ago I went to a water park and read the ride rules..... some of them only accommodated a person 240 lbs or less :( scary.

mandydawn77
08-10-2013, 11:40 PM
I haven't been to a water park in years so I don't know the weight limits, but I think I will b too worried about keeping an eye on everyone anyway. The last amusement park I took the kids to in April I rode rides and had a blast though, except for the long lines.

pnkrckpixikat
08-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Mandy as a former day camp counselor I feel your pain, I have had many many trips to water parks/the beach/theme parks etc with groups of kids and only a 1 or 2 adults (legally 1 adult per 10 kids 6 and up in california) My number 1 recommendation is make them buddy up. If they are caught somewhere without a buddy, they have to sit next to you for (10 20 30 ?) minutes.

Many places like this will have a large clock within view, set up check in times for everyone to gather (this is a good time to reapply sunscreen, make them drink water, and have a small snack). Again, if they are late (past a reasonable buffer) or you have to go find them, they are stuck with you for a set amount of time.

mandydawn77
08-11-2013, 10:04 AM
Awesome advice. Thank you! And I'm down another pound today so I guess I can change my signature. That's 3 pounds since friday!

Mara
08-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Fingers crossed for monday Mandy! I'm sure the time will pass quickly.

Nagazim I'm sorry about your having a rough patch. :( Maybe you can channel the frustration out through exercise?

I weighed in at 251.8 today.

levoguette
08-12-2013, 12:11 AM
My scale read 265.4 today, so happy to see a change from it being at 266.5 for a few days! Here's hoping that it stays this way!

Hope all of you enjoyed your weekends!

pnkrckpixikat
08-12-2013, 11:08 AM
mandy good luck at the water park today!

levoguette
08-12-2013, 05:07 PM
I weighed in at 263.9 today, should I believe it or not? lol. I've had a few scales give me repeatedly off numbers, so I find myself never really believing it until I get the same number at least 2 days in a row.
What brand/model scales do you ladies own or like?

And I second what pixicat said, mandy, I hope the water park trip went well today!

Nagazim
08-12-2013, 05:12 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-4ze3w9m0P5E/UTS8DUWIRvI/AAAAAAAABxE/-6jaj9yyZfQ/s320/monday.png

Hey ladies :)
I gave myself the weekend to flush my bad feelings and didn't even count calories yesterday. I figured them up as I went but didn't track them on MFP. I just needed the break. It's been 2.5 months. I feel like I'm making great progress from where I've been, I just want MORE results NOW. I've gotten into the midset that if I didn't eat the chocolate cake, I should be down a lb tomorrow which isn't logical or practical. I need to reset my priorities with this weight loss lifestyle and give myself a good kick in the rear.

Our appliances all seeming to break down at once didn't help matters at all. We've just moved into this house last September and I guess since it's an older home, things were bound to give out eventually. I just wasn't mentally prepared for it at the time. And lets be honest, dieting sucks and can make any bad situation seem 100% worse in that moment.

After 2 days off plan, I'm at 255.8lbs. Shocking I know! I'm just glad I'm not in the same boat of losing the same 5 lbs again, woohoo!

Happy Monday guys!

mandydawn77
08-12-2013, 05:36 PM
I survived the waterpark lol. Thanks for all of your well wishes. We only got a couple of hours in before it started raining though. I took them to McDonald's and they played for hours, just got home. We got to the waterpark at 10. I still have 3 of the kids here, got to get them home before zumba.

My scale shows the same weight as yesterday, 255.8. It's a weight watchers digital scale.

mandydawn77
08-13-2013, 10:06 AM
254.6 this morning. Yay!

Mara
08-13-2013, 10:22 AM
Congrats on the losses Nagazim and Mandy! And glad the party went well Mandy.

Not sure about my scale. I went from 251.8 to 253.4 this morning. :( Hoping it is water weight from exercise.

NJChick78
08-13-2013, 02:16 PM
256.8, I am really doing this. Yay! Keep going ladies!

levoguette
08-13-2013, 02:42 PM
Congrats on your losses, Mandy and NJchick!

I weighed 264.6 today, up from yesterday (263.9). Mara, I feel your frustration! Hopefully we'll both be back down soon. I think, or am hoping, that my culprit was too much sodium due to eating out last night.

mjmelwel
08-13-2013, 06:56 PM
250.4 on the scale this morning. I'm getting closer! I hope you are all having a great Tuesday.

RXAsh1
08-13-2013, 11:07 PM
I'm nearly out of the 260s and the 250s are so close I can almost taste it. I started doing weight watchers and the accountability of having to weigh-in in front of someone has kept me motivated. It's much harder to make excuses in front of someone who has reached their goal.:carrot:

justaloozer
08-14-2013, 09:51 AM
I'm so happy I could cry!!! 269 this morning!!!!! I have been waiting and waiting for the scale to stop bouncing between 270-271 for days now so that I could join this thread. Looking forward to getting to know you all, but hopefully my stay here is short!

mandydawn77
08-14-2013, 10:51 AM
Congrats and welcome justaloozer!

mjmelwel - You're getting so close!

Congrats on your weight loss njchick!

Nagazim I hope you're doing well and continuing to lose.

rxash1 maybe today will be the day you get into the 250's - if not today I'm sure it will be soon.

levoguette and mara hang in there. I gained almost 5 pounds last week and worried, but it came right back off and has been going down pretty fast since. I think everyone goes through the same thing, up and down. Just keep up the good work and it will go down soon :)

As for me, according to my scales at home, I stayed the same as yesterday. I came to work and it showed me a pound down, but then I weighed a little while later because the scales here have been jacked up for everyone and it put me back up a pound and 2 ounces, so I'm going to assume I stayed the same. I think the battery needs to be replaced in this digital scale here at work. We have got to get it fixed before Friday's weigh in. Pants are baggier this morning so I'm able to tell I've lost this week. Yay!

Happy hump day everyone!

Only Believe
08-14-2013, 11:09 AM
I'm so happy I could cry!!! 269 this morning!!!!! I have been waiting and waiting for the scale to stop bouncing between 270-271 for days now so that I could join this thread. Looking forward to getting to know you all, but hopefully my stay here is short!

:carrot: :congrat: and welcome! I'm glad you are here, I knew it wouldn't be long and we'd be seeing you. Keep up the good work!

Mara
08-14-2013, 11:10 AM
Welcome justaloozer!

Thanks mandydawn and levoguette. It creeped up again this morning. Sigh...my body is resisting. lol

mjmelwel
08-14-2013, 03:37 PM
Welcome Justaloozer!

Oh man...water retention is the bain of my existence. Up 2.6 pounds this morning because of a stupid mistake seasoning my chicken without checking a label...sodium city.

Nagazim
08-14-2013, 04:33 PM
I'm nearly out of the 260s and the 250s are so close I can almost taste it. I started doing weight watchers and the accountability of having to weigh-in in front of someone has kept me motivated. It's much harder to make excuses in front of someone who has reached their goal.:carrot:

I always wondered if I'd feel ok weighing in front of people. DH sees me weigh, but he sees all of me all the time, so weighing in front of him doesn't feel weird. I hope you LOVE weight watchers. My aunt has lost a ton in the past 6 months.

:welcome:! It's great to have you! You'll be outta here before you know it!

Congrats on the loss njchick!

Mandydawn - That's the biggest issue I have with my digital scale. I always worry maybe the battery is messed up and my weight is off. I couldn't see a regular scales tiny lines well enough to swap, but the digital (electronics in general) makes me nervous. Hope y'all work it out before Friday & GOOD LUCK!

Levoguette and Mara and Mjmelwel - I went through 2 solid weeks of up and down (mainly up). I was so frustrated and got into a real funk. Only advise I have is keep at it. If you're doing all you know you should to get healthy, there's NO way you could possibly not lose weight. So salt may be the enemy now, but it'll move.

AFM - I've finally gotten back down to 253.0!
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/happy-dance-.gif
I'm pretty sure I heard the "Hallelujah Chorus" this morning :D Yay! 3 more lbs to first major mini goal! We were extremely busy yesterday so I couldn't check in, but I was 100% on plan :) Hope everyone is having a good Hump Day!

Mara
08-14-2013, 05:51 PM
Way to go Nagazim!!!!

mandydawn77
08-14-2013, 11:48 PM
Nagazim - 250 has been my goal since I started low carb in the summer of 2011. I got all the way to 255 and then completely went off my diet and gained back 25 pounds. I finally lost all that again and I'm not going to blow it this time. Now I can work at a new goal - onederland! Seems so far away but actually it's less weight than I had to lose to get to where I am now. We can do it! I guess I could make my next goal 236 since that would be 100 pounds down!

Nagazim
08-15-2013, 01:00 AM
mandydawn - 100 lbs down! Wow, I can't even imagine that yet. I'll have to get to 175 before I can do that victory dance. I sort of feel like by the time I hit 100 lbs off, I'll call it goal. I like my body at that weight. I've set my ultimate goal for 154 since that's when I'll no longer be "over weight". ho-hum.

Well, I'm attempting a little mini money making endeavor and I'm not sure I think it's worth a flip yet. I'm apart of a lot of mommy groups on facebook and one of them was like "Hey all of you stay at home moms, here's how I make $100 a month for freebie spending or groceries or whatever." Well, that sounded pretty darn good to me since I would like to make a small income so we're not so tight and can maybe actual keep money in our savings account. Anyways, It's called CashCrate.
Have any of you heard about it or used it? I've earned $5.63 tonight but you have to earn $20 before they'll send you a check. I guess I'll let y'all know after the month is up if I like it or not. I was hoping to make $50. It's mainly just taking surveys. I sort of feel like I'm going to spend hours of my time trying to answer these stupid surveys and then not hit the $20 mark. Know what I mean? DH is all for it, for now. I'll see.

Well I hope everyone has an AMAZING weigh in tomorrow. I really would love to be down lower than today, but I think my salt was too high today :(

Nighty-night!

mandydawn77
08-15-2013, 08:24 AM
I've never heard of it but I hope it works out for u.

I just weighed here at home and it looks like I lost 2 more pounds! I go by the scale at work so I will have to see when I get there, but it looks like I'm at 252 today!

justaloozer
08-15-2013, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the welcome everyone! :D

100lbs lost is an awesome achievement! You are so close mandy! in 2011 I went from 315.6 to 267.4. I went through a rough time after that and my weight loss was put to the back burner until this year when I decided to get serious about it again. I had ballooned back up to 309 so I was really mad at myself for undoing all my hard work! All this to say, this time, neither of us will get off track! We can do this!

mj sodium is a KILLER for me too. If I go over 1800mg I always end up with a gain, no matter how much water I drink!

Nagazim congrats on breaking through your plateau but most of all for sticking through it! The scale kept bouncing back and forth for days before I was finally break into the 260s!

AFM, I am doing C25K. My knees are killing me today so I am taking a rest day. Scale is up to 269.4 but I am sure it has to do with my sodium intake yesterday. Still ecstatic to be in the 260s!!!!

Mara
08-15-2013, 11:42 AM
Way to go on the 2lbs Mandydawn!

Good luck with the surveys Nagazime.

Don't worry justaloozer. I think the running probably caused some muscle swelling hence water retention.

Not sure about my weight. It keeps creeping up, but my clothes are getting a little bit looser. Hoping for a whoosh back down to 251.8. I really want to get to the 240's.

Only Believe
08-15-2013, 12:46 PM
Congrats Mandydawn on reaching and passing 255. I was 255.6 this morning and I'm thrilled! you keep up the good work, those 240's are calling your name! :)

justaloozer
08-15-2013, 01:41 PM
Mara you are probably right!

ainslie
08-15-2013, 06:18 PM
Well my scale is now fixed. Well actually fixed it monday. I went up 4 lbs but I decided to have a bit of a cheat week and get rid of my cravings. I've since lost the weight plus .4 more. I did have a lot ofsalty foods on weekend so I think it was mostly water weight. I also realized I got the gift the keeps on giving - fleas. So I have been very busy cleaning and spraying. Decided to wash every piece of clothing and linen in the house and am about 2/3 done. I also have gotten 2 out of 3 bedrooms done. I'm pleased with the progess as I only started yesterday. Hopefully by the weekend it will all be done. With all this housework who needs exercise! :)

ainslie
08-16-2013, 07:02 AM
I'm so excited and I just can't hide it. oohh NSV today. I am no longer moridly obese. Yea me. Next mini goal -lose 25 lbs.

Mara
08-16-2013, 09:12 AM
Way to go ainslie!

I made it back down to 253.2 this morning. Hopefully no backtracking this time. :)

HAPPY FRIDAY!

justaloozer
08-16-2013, 09:42 AM
:yay: ainslie!!

I am 268 this morning! :D

Only Believe
08-16-2013, 10:22 AM
I'm so excited and I just can't hide it. oohh NSV today. I am no longer moridly obese. Yea me. Next mini goal -lose 25 lbs.

:bravo: Reading your post made me think to check mine (last I checked I was still morbidly obese) and guess what?!!!!! I'm out of it too!!!!:carrot::cb::woohoo:

ainslie
08-16-2013, 11:15 AM
Great job Only Believe. It's so nice not to have morbidly in front of any description of ourselves. Next stop plain old obese. Never thought I'd be happy for that :)

Justaloser congrats on getting out of the 270s. I'm sure the 60s will fly by. And only 3 lbs to your goal. You go. I'd give you a dancing thingy but I don't know how to get them from here.

Mara think happy thoughts. I'm dure we'll both be in the next decade before long.

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYBODY

mjmelwel
08-16-2013, 11:28 AM
Only Believe & Ainslie - GREAT JOB! I'll be very excited to get my BMI down out of the morbid range.

I am so frustrated. Day three of water retention. Yesterday I ate within my caloric range, drank like a camel and had a beast of a workout at the gym and still can't shake it. It's days like this that I'm most tempted to say "screw it" and just binge but I know if I stick to the path there's no way that the weight won't start coming down. 253.4...sigh. Have a great weekend everyone!

Only Believe
08-16-2013, 11:57 AM
Ainslie just go down to the bottom of the page and click on the advance button.. post in that new box, and over on the right you will see the smilies there's a few showing that you can click on.. or you can click more and find lots. Just click where you want it in the post then click on one of them and it will be there. If you don't click where you want it to be in your posting it will show up as the first thing in your post.
.. or do you not have that option on what you are using to access the page?

Only Believe
08-16-2013, 12:02 PM
mjmelwel don't you give into thoughts of a binge. you hang in there! You WILL see a drop soon!

ainslie
08-16-2013, 12:13 PM
:woohoo:
Thanks Only

mandydawn77
08-16-2013, 12:49 PM
Congrats everyone on your weight losses! I'll have to check to see if I'm still in the morbidly obese category. I didn't even think I was getting close to getting out of it yet.

mjmelwel - Hang in there and it will come down. I know it's frustrating. We've all been there.

Today was our official weigh in and I came in at 252.2, so basically the same as yesterday, which I am very happy with. That is 6 pounds down this week. Last week I stayed the same because I had gained and then re-lost it. I hope I have another good week. Just two more weigh ins and that's it for this challenge at work. I really want that money lol. I'm in second place now. I'm exactly 1% behind first place. I need to lose 3 pounds just to catch up and she has not had one week where she hasn't lost so I will have to lose more than 3 pounds to pass her. If I can lose another 6 pounds this week I might be able to get into first place. Any tips guys? Someone mentioned laxatives, but I'm worried it could backfire by dehydrating me and then my body start holding onto water afterwards. I guess if I did it the night before the last weigh in it might work lol.

Only Believe
08-16-2013, 01:28 PM
:woohoo:
Thanks Only

Glad I could help. :D

pnkrckpixikat
08-16-2013, 01:31 PM
Congrats onlybeleive and ainslie!!!

ainslie
08-16-2013, 03:45 PM
Mandydawn you are the same height as me and a pound less. Congratulations you are no longer morbidly obese. Laxatives do pull water from your system in order to work. If you really want you can try something stronger. There is something called citro-mag. It's used for clearing the bowel before like a scope. You drink the whole bottle and it clears you right out. If you read the label it will tell you how long it take to produce action. But I wouldn't do it often. But I have used it in a simalar situation. It's not a permanent thing but it may tip the scales so to speak in your favour. Good luck.

Mara
08-16-2013, 05:35 PM
So after reading your posts about no longer being morbidly obese I had to check mine. I am at 39.1! So just obese now. Woohoo!

Nagazim
08-16-2013, 07:04 PM
Don't give in mjmelwel! It'll be so worth it once you get a big whoooosshhhhh!

Today was our official weigh in and I came in at 252.2, so basically the same as yesterday, which I am very happy with. That is 6 pounds down this week. Last week I stayed the same because I had gained and then re-lost it. I hope I have another good week. Just two more weigh ins and that's it for this challenge at work. I really want that money lol. I'm in second place now. I'm exactly 1% behind first place. I need to lose 3 pounds just to catch up and she has not had one week where she hasn't lost so I will have to lose more than 3 pounds to pass her. If I can lose another 6 pounds this week I might be able to get into first place. Any tips guys? Someone mentioned laxatives, but I'm worried it could backfire by dehydrating me and then my body start holding onto water afterwards. I guess if I did it the night before the last weigh in it might work lol.

Usually, once a month I take extra fiber several times a day just to help me not feel so miserable. I don't know why I've been having so many issues with constipation. I'm eating pretty clean. Should be doing the job on it's own. I guess my body misses the chub, HA!

AFM: I'm .2 away from NOT being morbidly obese. So I'm still apart of the 'really' big girls club :( Speaking of which, we didn't have a good check up today for my 3 yr old son. I've been cleaning out my kitchen of junky foods and processed gook since March. It's been a slow process, but I've finally gotten it all into versions that I'm proud of. Well, the nutritionists today said my 3 yr old is obese. Their chart has to be seriously screwed up on wanting children starving since he's not even a little fat. You couldn't even call him chubby. He's an active rowdy little boy that I have to make sit still long enough to eat and she just kept throwing the word obese right at him. It really upset me. She was staring me up and down (meaning I'm a fatty, so he is too). She was bigger than I am too! I was shocked that she was throwing her message of healthy foods rule when she knows good and well she's eating plenty. I told her I had been dieting and had the whole family eating healthy so I didn't appreciate her treating me like I'm too stupid to care about my child's health. It was pretty snarky of me but she was treating me like I'm a moron that doesn't understand cake isn't a meal. I get it. And if my son was hefty and hard to pick up or move and had fat roles, I would understand her concern. She said he needed to be on a diet. I asked her, "Which do you want me to eliminate 'vegetables or fruit?'" Since that's what he eats. It was just annoying and made me feel like a loser.

ainslie
08-16-2013, 09:41 PM
Here's info on BMI Classifications < 18.5underweight ,18.5–24.9 normal weight, 25.0–29.9 overweight, 30.0–34.9 class I obesity, 35.0–39.9 class II obesity, ≥ 40.0**class III obesity.**The surgical literature breaks down class III obesity into further categories, though the exact values are still disputed.[9]Any BMI ≥ 35 -39.9 is*severe obesity. A BMI of 40–44.9 is*morbid obesityA BMI of ≥ 45 is*super obese. This is from wikipedia.

Nagazim
08-16-2013, 11:41 PM
Well at least I'm not and never have been "super obese." Obesity just sucks. That we even let ourselves get there is bad. I'm just happy we're all turning it around.

hamlette
08-17-2013, 05:24 AM
Hopping over from the other thread to offer some consolation Nagazim. you know that you're on the right track so turn a deaf ear AND a blind eye to what these people do or say to you. i know it can be difficult, especially when doctors treat you like you're ignorant. I had a medical check up 3 weeks ago and after measuring my height and weighing me AND consulting their charts the doctor and nurse literally shouted at me that i was OBESE. I was like :o really, IM FAT??????? lolllll,,, (i hope they got the sarcasm) I then said yes, I KNOW but ive lost weight and will continue losing. But the doctor kept throwing at me what i need to eliminate from my diet, "don't eat sugar, dont eat bread, dont eat junk food" he was sneering at me and was so condescending. i lost it and shouted back "ive lost 25 lbs!!!! thats what ive been trying to tell you if you let me speak!!!!! im on a weight loss journey and obviously i need time to get this weight off, but i understand nutrition quite a lot so please, save your energy." they closed their mouths after that. my husband was very supportive and backed me up..... i felt a bit bad but then i told myself that i knew i was doing the right thing and will continue to do so. so you just do your thing and tune out the negativity from around :)

justaloozer
08-18-2013, 08:59 AM
What site are you all using to calculate your bmi?

Mandy, 6lbs in one week?! AWESOME!!!!! :carrot:

Nagazim, I'm sorry about your pediatrician visit. I would be livid at her fake concern and condescending tone.

LOL at the sarcasm Hamlette!

AFM, I am at 267.8 today! :broccoli: I had a family fun day yesterday and packed a SALAD! Skipped the deli meats that everyone else ate. I did have a kiddie portion sized ice cream (that I worked into my calories!) and totally skipped the fried dough. The scale thanked me today!

MissSMcC
08-18-2013, 09:35 AM
hi chicks!
reading all your posts about bmi got me curious, I calculated mine as 40.09, so I am still morbidly obese. I don't know which word sounds worse, morbidly or obese. anyway, I only have one more pound to go to drop the morbidly, so wanted to say thanks for giving me a new reason to celebrate the next pound I lose! :)

Nagazim
08-19-2013, 01:24 AM
Thanks for the support. I'm over the bad pedi visit now. I know she was trying to come from a good place and if I saw a fat Mom with a potentially fat kid, I may try to encourage healthy eating in hopes of saving them both. She just went about it all the wrong way.

So my cousin and his wife have been "paleo" since last March. They're both loving it. I wouldn't dare try something like that unless DH was 100% on board. He doesn't like the idea of cutting grains. He says, "Why would anyone think they should cut a whole chunk of the food pyramid out when people have been eating that portion for hundreds of years. We need grains." So I told him he could bring me back his evidence of why he's right. It's not that I think he's wrong, it's just more helpful when he researches plans and ideas out with me. We went "toxic free" last September. So all of the cleaning supplies and personal hygiene items in the house are made by me out of different variations of the same couple ingredients. I really like the idea that my children could literally lick the floors, without worry. It's given me peace of mind. Since January we've been "cleaning" our pantry as well. So most items that are store bought "junky" foods claim to be healthy too. A lot of it has been swapping to whole wheat versions of old favorites.

Well now I just feel like we've gotten all of this under control, maybe we should go even cleaner. I suppose I'll never be satisfied.

Anyone interested in the toxic stuff in regular household (and even advertised 'Green') cleaners and personal care items, look up the documentary Chemerical. I found it on Netflix. It may even be on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KTUZZp0m_0
Here's the trailer.

:) Hope everyone has had a great weekend. I was still at 253.0 this morning. Hoping for less tomorrow!

levoguette
08-19-2013, 07:48 AM
Mandy: I don't have any tips to share, but I want to wish you good luck with your work weight loss competition! I'm sure your extra efforts will pay off! Six pounds in a week is a wonderful accomplishment! Congrats!

Nagazim: I'm so sorry you had to go through that with your son's doctor. How frustrating! I can't stand it when doctors treat patients that way, I've had many similar experiences myself. It can be appalling!

My weight for the last few days has been fluctuating / staying at the same number, so it's been a bit frustrating for me.
Here are my numbers since the last time I posted:
8/14 - 263.4, 8/15 NWI, 8/16 - 263.7, 8/17 - 263.8, 8/18 - 263.4, and this morning a whopping 265.0 (too much sodium yesterday or maybe too many carbs? Or both, I don't know.. -sigh-).

justaloozer
08-19-2013, 09:04 AM
Nagazim have you ever heard of the Whole30? It is a cleanse, one people sometimes do before going paleo. I have done it one full round (from May to June) and I loved it (once I got past the initial discomfort of sugar withdrawal). Now I eat mostly clean (fruits, veggies, meat) but I do allow myself a sandwich with bread or some ice cream once in a while. I have/had a major sugar addiction (can you guess why I got fat?) and focusing on eating clean is what helps me battle it.

Levo ugh! Sorry for the gain. Do you count your sodium? I always have a gain when I go over.

AFM: 267 this morning! :carrot: This is the LOWEST I have been in over 8 years. 2lbs from my mini goal! I suspect I will be hitting goal at some point this week! :D

levoguette
08-19-2013, 09:40 AM
justaloozer: Congrats on your loss! Rooting for you to hit that mini-goal by the end of the week! :)

I haven't been counting my sodium intake, just try to keep it in the back of my mind. I've started to keep very close track to my carb/protein intake since I have a slight insulin resistance, so also calculating the sodium in everything I eat would probably drive me bonkers. I have looked at how much sodium is in most of the foods I eat on a daily basis, and it seems I would be at or around my daily intake unless I eat something different.

Yesterday, I had a few salted pretzel crackers (not a usual). Took a look at the box and I don't believe the amount of sodium should have made that big of a difference. I am pretty sure that I ate more carbs than I should have yesterday (still under budget, but not enough protein). So, I'm really not sure what to think! I'll just be sure to drink more water today and hope it reverts back down to anything below 263.9 by tomorrow.

belovedspirit
08-19-2013, 09:50 AM
:wave: hello! I made it into the 250s today!!! :carrot: :dance: I feel ecstatic!!! :D

Mara
08-19-2013, 10:13 AM
I was 252.8 yesterday, so imagine my surprise at the scale this morning 255.2. :( I should have known it was coming. I had a strawberry milkshake last night. I do good on the weekdays. It is the weekends that I struggle with. I stay pretty active, but not as on top of food as I should be.

MissSMcC
08-19-2013, 10:19 AM
hi chicks!
I saw 255 today, meaning I am no longer classed as morbidly obese haha. I don't usually pay much attention to bmi charts, but that is a good feeling. hope everyone has a good day!

Only Believe
08-19-2013, 10:33 AM
I weighed in this morning at 259.2 that's up a few lbs from last weigh in. Some may be from 1 day of eating more than I should but I couldn't have gained that much but in just in case I changed my ticker weight.. ugggh I hated having to do that!

ainslie
08-19-2013, 10:51 AM
Well down to 249.4 will have to see if it sticks. I didn't eat enough of yesterday. Was short about 600 cal. I was so busy. My daughter is coming home from Newfoundland today. She was supposed to be home on aug 10 but one of the boats ran aground and had to be repaired. I told her I would paint her room while she was gone. She wanted strips on the wall. So I did stripes on the bottom half and will top them with a boarder. Well....It took about 6 hrs to tape the walls. I had to take many breaks cause it hurt so bad to sit cross-legged for so long. I was done by 11 pm. Then I started painting the stripes (a 3" stripe every 12") about 2 am. I cleaned my brushes at 6 am. So tired.

Anyway if the weight stays off then I guess I'll be heading on over to the 240s. Although I think it will be a few more days till it's official. Especially since I will be going out to dinner with my parents tonight before they go back to Newfoundland.

Only Believe
08-19-2013, 11:20 AM
What site are you all using to calculate your bmi?

Here's a good one.
http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php

I'm going to try my best to hang on to the 250's even though my weight is up and soooo close to the 260's, I left those numbers and didn't intend (and still don't) to see them again. So I gotta do good today.

belovedspirit
08-19-2013, 11:23 AM
I was 252.8 yesterday, so imagine my surprise at the scale this morning 255.2. :( I should have known it was coming. I had a strawberry milkshake last night. I do good on the weekdays. It is the weekends that I struggle with. I stay pretty active, but not as on top of food as I should be.

Aw, I know it sucks to see the scale go back up. :( Try to remember this is a process and it's bound to have its ups and downs. If we stay on track and keep doing what we're doing, sooner than later we will reach our mini and long-range goals. You can get there!!! :D

hi chicks!
I saw 255 today, meaning I am no longer classed as morbidly obese haha. I don't usually pay much attention to bmi charts, but that is a good feeling. hope everyone has a good day!

:carrot: Congratulations!! :D I don't usually pay much attention to them either, and yet when I get close to a category shift on the bmi chart, I DO perk up. Hahaha. Go figure. ;)

I weighed in this morning at 259.2 that's up a few lbs from last weigh in. Some may be from 1 day of eating more than I should but I couldn't have gained that much but in just in case I changed my ticker weight.. ugggh I hated having to do that!

Oh hon, I hear you. Just keep in mind that it takes about 3500 extra calories to put on 1 pound. So unless you ate a couple of times that amount, it's probably just water, 'waste', or something along those lines. It's bound to come off soon. :)

Well down to 249.4 will have to see if it sticks. I didn't eat enough of yesterday. Was short about 600 cal. I was so busy. My daughter is coming home from Newfoundland today. She was supposed to be home on aug 10 but one of the boats ran aground and had to be repaired. I told her I would paint her room while she was gone. She wanted strips on the wall. So I did stripes on the bottom half and will top them with a boarder. Well....It took about 6 hrs to tape the walls. I had to take many breaks cause it hurt so bad to sit cross-legged for so long. I was done by 11 pm. Then I started painting the stripes (a 3" stripe every 12") about 2 am. I cleaned my brushes at 6 am. So tired.

Anyway if the weight stays off then I guess I'll be heading on over to the 240s. Although I think it will be a few more days till it's official. Especially since I will be going out to dinner with my parents tonight before they go back to Newfoundland.

Congratulations on reaching the 240s!!! :woohoo:
And oh my gosh, that sounds like quite the task! :dizzy:

belovedspirit
08-19-2013, 11:24 AM
Here's a good one.
http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php

I'm going to try my best to hang on to the 250's even though my weight is up and soooo close to the 260's, I left those numbers and didn't intend (and still don't) to see them again. So I gotta do good today.

Me too!
259.7 lbs... too close for comfort. ;)
I'll be rooting for ya! :)

Only Believe
08-19-2013, 11:53 AM
Me too!
259.7 lbs... too close for comfort. ;)
I'll be rooting for ya! :)

Thank you! I'll be rooting for you too. We can do it!:yes:

Nagazim
08-19-2013, 02:29 PM
Justaloozer - I haven't looked into actually "going" paleo all that much since I knew my DH would have complaints. I think it's amazing that there is a whole group of people living that lifestyle with success but I think I'd miss my bread and potatoes so badly. I'd definitely need a cleanse to begin. & Congrats on hitting a low weight! That's amazing that it's been 8 years. I knew you could do it!!! You'll destroy that next mini goal ;) :carrot:

My weight for the last few days has been fluctuating / staying at the same number, so it's been a bit frustrating for me.
Here are my numbers since the last time I posted:
8/14 - 263.4, 8/15 NWI, 8/16 - 263.7, 8/17 - 263.8, 8/18 - 263.4, and this morning a whopping 265.0 (too much sodium yesterday or maybe too many carbs? Or both, I don't know.. -sigh-).

If I wasn't fluctuating, I'd think something was wrong with me at this point. I'm trying to REALLLLYYYY watch my sodium intake and guzzle water all day. The scale can be such a let down.

belovedspirit - welcome to the 250s!!!! :D

Weekends make it so hard for me to not cheat. We're trying really hard to stay away from food as a reward since that's where my mind still tries to go.
"I did so well this week, I deserve this treat." Which is what got me so fat to begin with. Good luck with flushing the extra off. I bet you'll be back down by Wednesday.

You need a hug for all of that painting! :hug: Painting kills my back, but I love redecorating. Congrats on your loss! I knew you'd hit the next thread soon! So happy for you! :carrot:

Hated changing my ticker to reflect the bad, but it made me feel really good at the same time since I knew I'm being completely honest with myself and all of you. The accountability is key for me, I think. This way I won't cheat myself trying to fool anyone else. That's probably a lot of why I'm so heavy. I hid my eating so well. Those extra pounds will flush right off and then some. You're doing amazingly and you've come so far! Keep your chin up!

hi chicks!
Woohoo!!! :carrot: I'm going to measure my height so I can make sure I'm calculating my bmi correctly. I'm either .2 or .7 away from just being plain obese lol.

AFM: Drum roll pls..... I'm officially skinnier than I've been in over 2 years! I hit 251.2 today! I am so happy. Dh even did a cheer for me lol. :carrot: I'm really doing this. I just keep having these random moments of realizing I'm not trying to convince myself to get healthy, I'm really doing it. I spent so much time convincing myself. I have a lot more free head time. :dizzy: Oh! & it was my next mini goal!

240s here I come!

Mara
08-19-2013, 03:41 PM
Thanks guys! We have a walking competition at work and I am so close to 250 miles. I have 222.7 and have this week and next week to finish it off. Hopefully flush those extra pounds off too.

Way to go Nagazim and Justaloozer!

MissSMcC
08-19-2013, 05:44 PM
:wave: hello! I made it into the 250s today!!! :carrot: :dance: I feel ecstatic!!! :D

well done belovedspirit! that is an amazing achievement! :hug:

i'm sure it will drop off, you cant have gained that much actual 'fat' from one day of eating, but I know how frustrating it can be to see a higher number.

wow my daughter would love you, she has been bugging me to redecorate her room for ages, unfortunately she wants all new wallpaper, carpet and furniture and whilst I would if I could, I just cant afford it at the moment :( hopefully if you are heading to the 240's we will all be joining you soon!

AFM: Drum roll pls..... I'm officially skinnier than I've been in over 2 years! I hit 251.2 today! I am so happy. Dh even did a cheer for me lol. :carrot: I'm really doing this. I just keep having these random moments of realizing I'm not trying to convince myself to get healthy, I'm really doing it. I spent so much time convincing myself. I have a lot more free head time. :dizzy: Oh! & it was my next mini goal!

240s here I come!

yay well done! I bet that felt amazing, and it will only get better seeing as you seem to be in the right frame of mind! :carrot:

Thanks guys! We have a walking competition at work and I am so close to 250 miles. I have 222.7 and have this week and next week to finish it off. Hopefully flush those extra pounds off too.

wow that's great mara, well done! let us know how you get on :D

mjmelwel
08-19-2013, 07:01 PM
Congratulations everyone on keeping the motivation up on this thread! It's so great to log in here and see everyone in the same boat as me just hustling to lose pounds even if they're not coming off.

I have been counting calories for two weeks now and even though I haven't cheated on my daily goals, the weight is not coming down as I want it to. I've come, once again, to the saddest realization of them all...my body hates carbs. How can my mouth love something my body hates so much?

So I've resolved to take it to the next level and go on a ketogenic diet to get things moving. It's a sad thing for me, as I could live on pasta alone, but something has to give here and just counting calories is not doing it for me. So it's gonna be high protein and almost no carbs for a while, but hopefully that will get me moving out of the 250's and onto smaller numbers (and smaller clothes). Have a great Monday evening everyone. Much love!

justaloozer
08-19-2013, 08:04 PM
I love the support on this thread!

For those that are not seeing the scale move, have you been measuring your body? Perhaps you are dropping inches even though the scale isn't changing.

justaloozer
08-19-2013, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the link, Only!

I need to have my husband measure my height. I am not sure how tall I am anymore.

Nagazim
08-19-2013, 10:35 PM
Congratulations everyone on keeping the motivation up on this thread! It's so great to log in here and see everyone in the same boat as me just hustling to lose pounds even if they're not coming off.

I have been counting calories for two weeks now and even though I haven't cheated on my daily goals, the weight is not coming down as I want it to. I've come, once again, to the saddest realization of them all...my body hates carbs. How can my mouth love something my body hates so much?

So I've resolved to take it to the next level and go on a ketogenic diet to get things moving. It's a sad thing for me, as I could live on pasta alone, but something has to give here and just counting calories is not doing it for me. So it's gonna be high protein and almost no carbs for a while, but hopefully that will get me moving out of the 250's and onto smaller numbers (and smaller clothes). Have a great Monday evening everyone. Much love!

I hope it works out well for you. Keep us updated on the things you're finding that you really like. I'm interested in high protein since I went years with not eating very much meat at all other than fast food chicken (which turns out is 'meat like substances'). We eat a lot of turkey burger variations of things now. Good luck!

I'm excited about measuring on the 1st of Sept. I can really tell a difference in the way my stomach looks and feels. I feel deflated if that makes sense. Like I can actually suck in now. Happy times. Dh measured my height today and I'm 5'6.5" so I'm .2 from being regular obese :D

NJChick78
08-20-2013, 08:32 AM
Ack! my weight is up! I guess that extra weightloss was water weight. Ok, 262 is where I am at! ugh!

levoguette
08-20-2013, 08:36 AM
Weighed in at 264.2 today, it's .8 down from yesterday, but still .8 above the day before. :( Sad to be "re-losing" what I had already lost.

justaloozer
08-20-2013, 09:44 AM
Hubby measured me and I am a full inch taller than I thought! :D

My BMI is no longer in the MO category! :D YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

mjmelwel
08-20-2013, 09:49 AM
Lol Justaloozer way to get off on a technicality there!

I'm about to weigh in and hoping something has changed for the better...Down a bit! Back at 252.5. Keto day 2 here we come.

justaloozer
08-20-2013, 09:52 AM
Yay for growing! Haha!

WTG on the loss MJ!

Mara
08-20-2013, 10:04 AM
I am down to 254.8. I feel like a yoyo. :spin:

Nagazim
08-20-2013, 02:59 PM
Hubby measured me and I am a full inch taller than I thought! :D

My BMI is no longer in the MO category! :D YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what I expected to do was have gained an inch since I know I haven't measured my height since I was around 16. So it could have gone either way. Nope, 5'6.5" and looking leaner ;) hahah I keep talking about how skinny I am. I'm hoping to psych my mind into thinking I'm a thin person. Dream it, be it!

Sorry so many are going up and down. I did that for 3 weeks straight then goofed and had to relose 5 lbs. It's so nerve wracking when you feel like you've already been this number, and want new numbers.

251 lbs today! New low! I will happy dance for days once I hit under 250. Haven't seen 240anything in about 3+ years. I can do it!

http://i42.tinypic.com/2ipvue.jpg
Have a great Tuesday!

levoguette
08-20-2013, 04:46 PM
justaloozer: Congrats on leaving the MO category! Nice little surprise! I'm a few pounds away, only 2-3 I believe, can't wait to get there.

nagazim: Congrats on your loss! You'll be in the 240s in no time!

A bit of a NSV today, despite the frustration with the scale.
I wear two different brands of jeans, Style&Co and Michael Kors (who both have wonderful plus size clothes!), Style runs a bit bigger than most it seems (ie: they're 18's would really be 20s in another brand). Anyhoo, I was able to comfortably fit into my size 18 MK's today! The last time I remember wearing a size 18 in that brand was 2 years ago.
I also tried on a pair of size 16 Style jeans and they zip up although they're a bit too tight. So I'm sure in a few weeks, I'll be able to officially say I wear a size 16/18. Can't wait! :)

mjmelwel
08-20-2013, 04:53 PM
Ah new sizes...that's a great feeling. I didn't know MK made plus sized clothing! I'm sooooooo anxious to get out of these 18's and back into some of my smaller pants. Like Levoguette said, it's tough losing pounds you already lost once. I have a very long way to go to get back to the smallest I was a few years ago, but I'm anxious to do it.

Yesterday after 1 day of a super, ultra low carb diet, I was down .9 on the scale after over a week of the scale not cooperating, so I'm taking it as a sign that I'm doing the right thing for my body right now. Luckily cheese is low carb and boursin makes a sinful cranberry pepper cream cheese that is to die for and I can eat it without feeling bad.

levoguette
08-20-2013, 05:32 PM
Ah new sizes...that's a great feeling. I didn't know MK made plus sized clothing! I'm sooooooo anxious to get out of these 18's and back into some of my smaller pants. Like Levoguette said, it's tough losing pounds you already lost once. I have a very long way to go to get back to the smallest I was a few years ago, but I'm anxious to do it.

Yesterday after 1 day of a super, ultra low carb diet, I was down .9 on the scale after over a week of the scale not cooperating, so I'm taking it as a sign that I'm doing the right thing for my body right now. Luckily cheese is low carb and boursin makes a sinful cranberry pepper cream cheese that is to die for and I can eat it without feeling bad.

They do! I have found MK in the woman's section of some Macy's (it seems like some carry them, some don't) and they have a lot of good pieces.
I have also noticed eating less carbs or planning out how I eat my carbs has helped stalls for me. I believe I have a bit of insulin resistance. If you haven't already, I would read up on it, it seems to be pretty common when overweight. That's why some will still eat calories so that they should be losing weight and will still gain or not lose at all.

justaloozer
08-20-2013, 07:33 PM
WTG Nagazim! You will see the 240s in no time! Dream it, be it! Love it! I need to keep saying that to myself.

Levoguette I love NSVs almost as much as SV! Congrats on getting into smaller clothes!

Yay for a loss MJ!

My scale was up .8 today but I have noticed this trend the morning after I run. Tomorrow it should be back down.

Mara
08-21-2013, 10:30 AM
Woot! Woot! Nagazim!

Yay Levoguette! Smaller sizes are such uplifting things.

MJ the cream cheese sounds amazing. Yum

Awesome job with the running justaloozer. :)

I am down to 253.4 this morning. Fingers crossed that I keep going down. I don't want to see 255 anymore. :goodvibes

mjmelwel
08-21-2013, 12:40 PM
Day 3 of keto and I have to say goodbye to my lovelies in this group, but I know you'll all be joining me in the 240's soon. 248.1 today! It was a huge lowering on the scale and I've been hoping and praying for just that. I really want to stick tightly to my diet and exercise and see that continuing to go down.

Thank you all for being the first group I joined. I can't wait to see you all progressing downwards!

justaloozer
08-21-2013, 01:31 PM
Mara my fingers are crossed for you that the scale stays on the downward trend!

Congrats MJ!!!!!!!!

Scale is down .4 today. I am taking the day off of exercise. I am sore and tired today. My body needs a rest.

levoguette
08-21-2013, 01:43 PM
mj and justaloozer: Way to go on your losses!

Today I weighed 264.6, up from .4 from yesterday. Not surprised or dismayed, just content it's not back up to 265. :dizzy:

Nagazim
08-21-2013, 03:21 PM
I got the shock of my life today at 249 lbs! I scared my kids half to death with my roar of happiness. I'm saying it'll stay and not gonna set myself up for failure of a gain but gonna keep posting here :) I can say my body loves whole organic foods. I've went from totally stalled to consistent loss every day. It's my body saying thank you for no processed junk. I'm so happy! I do feel a little worried since I haven't been walking at all. I've cleaned and worked a little out side but not actual exercise.

Congrats on the losses guys. We're doing this!

Annnnnddddddddd I'm just regular obese now!

Only Believe
08-21-2013, 03:36 PM
:cheer2:Way to go Nagazim!!!:cheer2::congrat:

Mara
08-21-2013, 04:16 PM
Way to go Nagazim!!! :)

ainslie
08-22-2013, 07:25 AM
Ok. So the 249 didnt stay. I really didnt expect it to. We went out to dinner at one of my fav restaurants. Didn't do too badly. Dinner was sensible without having just salad. I also brought some home. And I only had a few bites of dessert. I am however pleasd as I am now back down to 250.2. On the downside my daughter seems to have been trained to get up at thr crack of dawn. Ugh.

justaloozer
08-22-2013, 10:26 AM
WTG Nagazim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :carrot:

Ainslie I bet the sodium was just too high in your food and you will see the 240s again in no time!

I can't wait to see the 240s! I will be closer to the 200s than the 300s.

266 today :D My body DID need a rest. I finally stopped bouncing between 267.0-267.8. 1more lb to go to hit the big 50lbs lost!

Today is Insanity. Let's get to losing!!

mandydawn77
08-22-2013, 10:50 AM
Well it has been awhile since I checked in. I've been busy with the kids getting back in school and stressing over what to do with my 9 year old after school. I've had to adjust my work hours and it really stinks. I've got to try to find a better solution. It looks like most everyone has lost since I've been on, although I haven't read through too much of the thread yet. Congrats to those who have made it to the 240's! I hit 250 this week, but this morning it was at 252 so I haven't changed my details here yet. I am getting so close to being under 250 and I can't wait :) It has been so long that I truly do not remember the last time I weighed 250. I just can't give up. I really, really want to make it under 200 someday soon.

levoguette
08-22-2013, 12:15 PM
Congratz to nagazim, justaloozer on your losses! How exciting!

ainslie, I agree with justaloozer, maybe there was too much sodium in your food. When I have gone out to eat I try to sip on as much water during my meal (they normally end up refilling my cup 2-3 times) and I try to continue drinking more throughout the day. I've noticed it has helped it not affect my weight too much.

Mandy, congrats on your loss this week, even though the scale backtracked a bit I'm sure it'll be back down in no-time!

Today I weighed 263.3, thank goodness it was below 264 again and hopefully this time it decides to stay that way or show me a lower number!

belovedspirit
08-22-2013, 01:17 PM
Congratulations Nagazim, Levoguette, Mandy, and justaloozer! :carrot: Way to go!!!

I second drinking water during dinner, especially when dining out. Especially if they're kind enough to equip us with a pitcher. Hahaha ;)

Another stall on my side. :(

Nagazim
08-22-2013, 01:18 PM
ainslie - I agree with the others, that salt will flush off in a day or so and you'll be back into the 240s.

justaloozer - you're s close to the 50 lb mark!!!!!! :carrot:

mandydawn77 - you can do it! You're right at 250, it'll happen. Good luck with sorting out your 9 yr olds afternoons.

levoguette - bring on the 250s! You've got this!

AFM: The 240s are sticking apparently. 248.8 this am. I'm so extremely happy!!! :carrot:

justaloozer
08-22-2013, 04:10 PM
Mandy awesome on hitting 250 this week. You will be back there in no time!

WTG Levoguette!

Beloved I always have a stall right before I hit a new decade. I'm not sure if it's mental or what but it ALWAYS happens. Keep doing what you are supposed to and you will get past the stall. :hug:

Nagazim I am so proud of you! WTG!

Only Believe
08-23-2013, 08:55 AM
254.2 this morning a 2 lb drop since yesterday. I'm hoping it's the rest of the water/sodium gain leaving and not a cruel joke on me.
I just noticed I have passed my mini goal of 255. I don't know if I should put todays date next to it in my signature or wait to see if this sticks. I will be so glad to get out of these 250's forever!

Mara
08-23-2013, 09:26 AM
Way to go everyone! :D

justaloozer
08-23-2013, 10:18 AM
265.8 this morning! .8 away from my mini goal! I will definitely see that by Sunday's official weigh in!

mandydawn77
08-23-2013, 12:09 PM
Happy Friday everyone! Hope everyone is doing well on their weight loss goals :)

Unfortunately we had our weigh in today at work and I didn't lose anything since last Friday. I am now in third place because the girl that was in third lost 4 pounds! I'm at 10%, second is at 10.78% and first is at 11.5%. Next week is our last weigh in and I don't think I have a chance at winning this thing. I'd have to lose 5 pounds just to pass 11.5% and then if she loses more she will be higher than that. She weighs less than I do so 2 pounds is a whole percent for her, so she only has to lose 1 pound to get to 12%. If you guys have any tips on how I can lose weight fast this week I'm open to suggestions :) I really would love to win that money!

Don't get me wrong, if it wasn't for the weight loss challenge I wouldn't be complaining. I know I'm not at a stall or anything and I'm very happy with my weight loss so far and plan to continue. I'm only in such a hurry because I want to win that money lol.

belovedspirit
08-23-2013, 12:57 PM
Beloved I always have a stall right before I hit a new decade. I'm not sure if it's mental or what but it ALWAYS happens. Keep doing what you are supposed to and you will get past the stall. :hug:

Thank you! :) I hope it'll all be downhill from here soon!

254.2 this morning a 2 lb drop since yesterday. I'm hoping it's the rest of the water/sodium gain leaving and not a cruel joke on me.
I just noticed I have passed my mini goal of 255. I don't know if I should put todays date next to it in my signature or wait to see if this sticks. I will be so glad to get out of these 250's forever!

Congratulations!! :carrot:
How about putting the date on there retroactively -- I mean, once you know it's stuck, write today's date?

265.8 this morning! .8 away from my mini goal! I will definitely see that by Sunday's official weigh in!

YAY!! :carrot:

Mandy - I'm not sure what to advise re: speeding up weight loss. However, I am wishing you bucket-fulls of luck! :yes:

levoguette
08-23-2013, 01:09 PM
Congrats on the losses!

Mandy, I'm sorry about your frustrations. I don't have any quick weight loss tips for you, but I want to wish you the best of luck! Despite whether you win or not, I'm sure the competition helped you with pushing yourself further these past few weeks to get the extra pounds off, which I think is a "win" in a way. :) I signed up for the 2% weight loss challenge thread, I know not really the same, but it has been helping me push myself to do more exercise than I normally would, so I'm happy about that. :)

Today I weighed in at 263.5, it's .2 up from yesterday, but I'm content that it's under 264! I'm determined to make it stick this time! Let's hope my scale and body cooperate, lol.

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

justaloozer
08-24-2013, 03:42 PM
Up to 266.2 today. I know I did everything I was supposed to so hopefully it will go back down soon! I was hoping to make goal by tomorrow's weigh in. We'll see!

NSV: I am organizing our closets and found a bunch of NWT clothes that didn't fit me the last two winters but DO fit now!!!!!!! :D

Mara
08-24-2013, 05:52 PM
Hey guy! I weighed in at 251.4 today.

Justaloozer I love "new" old clothes. :)

HelloNurse
08-24-2013, 07:21 PM
222.8 this morning. I'll be in the next decade next week!

HelloNurse
08-24-2013, 09:09 PM
222.8 this morning. I'll be in the next decade next week!

justaloozer
08-25-2013, 09:06 AM
HelloNurse, awesome!!

I hit mini goal one this morning!!!!!! :carrot: I am 265!!! Check out the new avatar!! :cool:

Next goal, 240!

levoguette
08-25-2013, 01:07 PM
justaloozer, congrats on reaching your mini-goal! :) I'm sure you'll be at your next goal in no time.

Today I am up .2 yet again, from my last weigh in (Friday), so I'm at 263.7. After my 1.3lb drop, my weight is slowly creeping back up. So frustrating!
Yesterday, I ate under my calorie budget, drank a good amount of water, and although no official workout, I was walking around at the mall for a couple hours, still no luck. :(

justaloozer
08-25-2013, 01:44 PM
That is super frustrating Levoguette! Is it almost that TOM?

justaloozer
08-26-2013, 09:23 AM
Up 1 whole lb today! I ate on point yesterday. I did Insanity yesterday and am going running today. Ugh, that means I will probably go up again tomorrow.

levoguette
08-26-2013, 10:07 AM
justaloozer, it is! :lol: I actually googled TOM weight fluctuations after reading your post, I hadn't realized it changed your weight much. Hopefully it'll just go away sometime this week and now I know what to expect next month.
It sounds like your gain is just water retention maybe from the extra exercise, I'm sure it'll be back down once your body adjusts and the workouts will ultimately pay off.

I'm 263.4 today, so a .3 drop from yesterday for me.

Mara
08-26-2013, 10:11 AM
Hi guys. Sorry you all had upward movements on the scale, but at least it will probably be gone soon (TOM and Exercise swelling). I am up a tiny bit, but am happy that is was not more. I did better this weekend. I was at 251.8 this morning.

belovedspirit
08-26-2013, 10:32 AM
Congratulations justaloozer and hellonurse! :carrot:

I'm in the 250s, I think... 2 days in a row now... I'll stay on plan and see how tomorrow looks. :)

justaloozer
08-26-2013, 03:24 PM
Levo, fingers crossed that when TOM leaves, hopefully the excess weight heads out with it!

Mara you are so close to the 240s!!

Beloved congrats!!

justaloozer
08-27-2013, 09:49 AM
266.6 today. :( Today is a rest day from exercise so tomorrow the scale will be down but it is frustrating that I am bouncing between the same numbers when I am doing everything right.

Mara
08-27-2013, 10:38 AM
Up a little again. 252.4. Determined to stop the updward movement this time.

levoguette
08-27-2013, 02:53 PM
justaloozer, keep hanging in there! :hug: All that exercise will pay off!

Mara, I'm sorry to hear about the backtrack on the scale, but it will come down. It seems like that is the way my weight is most of the time! I tend to bounce between two numbers for days at a time before any losses.

Today I weighed in at 262.3! So happy to see that it finally came down! Hopefully it'll continue heading down or stay down after TOM is officially over.

lanabug
08-27-2013, 05:34 PM
Hi everyone! I've been on a plateau for the past two weeks, but I'm hoping to break into the 240's soon. I love these threads! Much easier to focus on the smaller goals, especially when you still have 100lbs to go.

Mara
08-27-2013, 05:48 PM
Thanks Levoguette. I think it might be water weight from exercise. I hope anyways. lol

Welcome Lanabug!

lanabug
08-27-2013, 07:33 PM
Thank you Mara! I weigh in on Wednesdays so hopefully I'm gonna be down a bit tomorrow, but I'm not counting on it.. if I get stuck, it usually lasts about a month. On the upside, once I break through it's whoosh city, so we'll see!! Haha

levoguette
08-27-2013, 09:18 PM
Welcome lanabug! I hope the scale cooperates tomorrow for you! :) Glad to see you join us!

levoguette
08-28-2013, 12:21 PM
Weighed in at 260.7 today! Finally, a whoosh on the scale. I just hope it stays!

I've eaten around 1200-1300 calories the past two days as well TOM being over, so that lesser calorie intake may have aided the loss. I'm eating 1200-1500, which seems too little calories for my body weight but if I eat more I seem to stall at the same weight and jump back and forth between two numbers.

Only Believe
08-28-2013, 12:35 PM
Hi there.. sorry I haven't posted on this thread in several days.
I've finally hit a new low after having a gain and getting it back off. I was 254 this morning. 1 more lb and I will hit my 10 lb goal for the month. I plan on making it happen.
I also just noticed I can officially say I hit my first mini goal (255) in yesterday's weigh in (254.4) I did hit it a few days ago but I was afraid to put it because I didn't know if I'd hang onto it. I didn't but i will this time!
Welcome to the newcomers :)

mandydawn77
08-28-2013, 12:59 PM
I'm frustrated along with everyone else. The scale is bouncing between 252-254 the last few days and I don't know why. I keep my carbs very low and mostly from vegetables. The only thing I have eaten in the last couple of months that wasn't on plan was some fried chicken and I kept my calories very low that day because the only thing I did eat was the fried chicken and a very little bit of coleslaw. We had a family get together. I thought I did really good since I didn't touch the biscuits or baked beans or fried okra or mashed potatoes and gravy, nothing but chicken and a few bites of coleslaw. I'm still doing my zumba classes 4 days a week and most days my calories are pretty low, like 1200 or so, which for a really low carb diet is pretty low. I just don't know what to do. I've been looking at Chris Powell's carb cycling diet, but I just know that every time I add carbs in my diet I lose control and end up craving more, more more! Unfortunately I seem to have no self control when it comes to carbohydrates, even the healthy ones, I always end up eating too much. I lose those cravings and can stay in control of my eating better with low carb. This is the last week of our weight loss challenge here at work and I'm at least having a cheat day or possibly cheat week before we start our new weight loss challenge on Sept. 6th. That one will last for 6 weeks and the goal is to lose 5% of your body weight. Everyone that meets the goal splits the pot. I lost 10% of my body weight during this first challenge, but it lasted 10 weeks. We decided to change it up for the next go round. If nobody meets the 5% then the money will stay in the pot for the next challenge. Money is a really good motivator :)