Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/194/125

Height: 5 ft 2

Thumbs down only me?

Is it just me or does it happen to you 2?...

At the beginning of my weight loss journey (2nd time round) i have sooo many people behind me, supporting my every move with exercise healthy life style but as soon as its been more than a month people end up hating on me, ignoring me or even falling out with me for what i dont know?!.. i havent changed the person i am, im still the same friendly loyal person i was 25lbs ago but people seem to be just getting annoyed.. i dont push it into peoples faces or post up every movement i make but i do update on what weight loss i have because i was asked to, im training for a half marathon alone for charity in october and i really really need some support, its a really big emotional ride for me and i can honestly say i have no one to talk to about it. i sound so pathetic.
bbg200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

Are your friend annoyed by posts on FB, or do they tire of you IRL? I admit, I am more private in my weight loss efforts, both IRL and on FB, so I don't have a big bunch of supporters.

As far as marathon training, is there a local runners group in your area? I know that there are lots of local running groups in the US, and I would guess they would provide lots of support for newer members looking to challenge themselves.
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:44 PM   #3  

only thing i do put on facebook is my loss every few weeks to keep family posted (i have family all over the world) but as for everything else i keep to myself. but its mostly IRL that people are been they way they are.

ive looked into running groups but im so shy to join and scared id be left behind. thank you for replying to my post, i really appreciate it
Old 07-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

I'm sorry that your friends are not being supportive! That's not ok at all!

I think it's awesome that you are doing a half marathon!
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:40 PM   #5  

Is your weightloss efforts or running "inconveniencing" others?

I have noticed when I have been losing weight (after each pregnancy) that people in my life, family & friends are supportive, UNTIL it inconveniences them. Like they bake a cake and I turn down a slice, or they want to get together but I have a run planned. Or they want to get together to go out ot eat (an old pass time) but I say I don't want to.

People seem ok as long as my weightloss efforts in no way, shape or form change anything about their existance. As soon as they realize that losing weight does change some of the things I do, no matter how small, the annoyance comes out.

Honestly, the biggest is when I turn down dishes that have been cooked, like at a party, that seems to piss people off the most!

Last edited by GlamourGirl827; 07-22-2013 at 09:40 PM.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #6  

thank you lizzy!
glamourgirl: i know this sounds silly but i hardly went out places or meals because i always felt like the fat one pigging out and eating more than others so stayed clear of any gatherings, only person that its inconvenient to is my mom because she likes to feed us.. n i mean feed us till we pop. But she has been cool about it and shrugs it off when i say i shouldnt but thank her anyway.
with what you are saying and how im feeling its like they expect us to fail by giving in to food and get annoyed that they are wrong? or because you are looking/feeling good it makes them feel guilty been around you.. thats the kinda feeling i get. maybe im just reading into it to much?. but again thank you for replying.
good luck with your pregnancy (i see your ticker says u have a few days left) hope everything runs smoothly for you and baby ive got a 9month little boy and 7yr old girl
Old 07-24-2013, 06:02 AM   #7  
Perpetual Dieter

S/C/G: 191/187/130

Height: 5'2

I think a lot of it will be down to embarrassment on their part, whether they are overweight or not, your weight loss is forcing them to acknowledge how out of control they are in their own goals, whether weight related or not.

People don't like to be reminded that they haven't achieved or bettered themselves.

Unless they are achieving what they want as well people can become bitter very easily. Don't let their hang ups discourage you. In this case it's their problems not yours!!
Kayles is offline   Reply With Quote