Weight Loss Support - Visual incentives anyone?

View Full Version : Visual incentives anyone?

EatMoreCelery
07-22-2013, 07:27 AM
Here's mine, hope you can see it ok~~

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m18/Greenie_23/0720132318.jpg

Tuscany
07-22-2013, 07:36 AM
That's cute! And I can see how that would be a constant reminder...

EatMoreCelery
07-22-2013, 07:45 AM
@Tuscany
I keep it in the kitchen next to the pantry...
My bathroom scales have made their way to the kitchen too. :D

Wannabeskinny
07-22-2013, 07:54 AM
Oh wow that's a good idea!

EatMoreCelery
07-22-2013, 08:04 AM
@Wannabeskinny

I thought about making a huge one with 3 inch plastic balls and 2 clear large containers but I didn't think that would fit on my counter and besides, husband would die laughing at me. :D

aspen13
07-22-2013, 08:11 AM
Great idea!

I have been putting money into a savings account for a shopping spree when I reach goal. I log-on to my bank account at least twice a day and can see the savings adding up.

GlamourGirl827
07-22-2013, 08:43 AM
When I was the title of this I was thinking for some reason you were going to post about having pics of celebs as incentive to lose :dizzy:...but I did not expect this. That is awesome!!! Love it!!!:D

EatMoreCelery
07-22-2013, 09:49 AM
Nice idea, Aspen13! :)

@GlamourGirl827,
Oh heck no, I know Hollywood peeps aren't real. *chuckle* :D

jessicado22
07-22-2013, 10:12 AM
Cute idea!!! Love it :)

Only Believe
07-22-2013, 10:17 AM
I've been doing this. I've got 28 (soon to be 29) marbles in my pounds lost Jar. :)

Rechyl
07-22-2013, 10:21 AM
my friend bought be a pandora bracelet and so i now have 1 charm for each 5lbs lost, i wear it everyday, constant reminder. better start picking out my next charm soon, only 2lbs to go till i get it

betsy2013
07-22-2013, 11:46 AM
This is a great idea.....although I would have to save up just to buy enough marbles! And I wonder how a five gallon bucket would look on the counter? :D Seriously, I'm needing some incentive, and this may just do the trick!

Sum38
07-22-2013, 11:50 AM
Nice idea!
I have a charm bracelet. I add one charm for each 5 pound mark, and two for each 10 pound mark.

pnkrckpixikat
07-22-2013, 03:53 PM
I love the idea! Very cute!

This is a great idea.....although I would have to save up just to buy enough marbles! And I wonder how a five gallon bucket would look on the counter? :D Seriously, I'm needing some incentive, and this may just do the trick!

You could have it with mini goals, or have a couple colors, like black white and pink with white being one pound, pink being 5 and black 10 or something, have 5 white then when you lose all 5 you put a pink in and move the white back to the first vase to relose, that way you dont have a huge jar

Mozzy
07-22-2013, 08:22 PM
Love it!!

GMNEVO
07-22-2013, 08:51 PM
We have the same containers!! :) It really keeps me in check...while I'm on the house at least going out is a little harder.

-Betsy they have some pretty small pebbles and the jars do keep a lot! Mine has 80+ and is not even close to being halfway full.

mariposssa
07-22-2013, 09:48 PM
I have a charm bracelet with a charm added for every 5 pounds lost. I also have a second visual motivator I made out of beads and wire. I made it like the tickers on this site with clear beads for each pound I wanted to lose. Every 5th pound is marked by a different color. I strung all the beads on the wire and then use a little flower clip I had to mark my progress along the wire. I hung it up in the bathroom above the scale.

TooWicky
07-22-2013, 10:11 PM
These are great ideas. It never occurred to me before! I get motivation wherever I can find it; I need it! Definitely making something like this to put right near the pantry :)

EatMoreCelery
07-23-2013, 07:20 AM
Glad you all like the idea. :) A bracelet is a great idea too. Seems like I had one of those once upon a time from WWs. I joined WWs so many times it's all a blur now. :dizzy:

Oh btw, no need to spend money and buy marbles. Rocks, sticks, fake flowers, legos, etc... a lot of items you have around the house will work nicely.

Terra1984
07-23-2013, 08:12 AM
I have old pictures of me on the fridge from a few years back and every time I look at them they keep me going

betsy2013
07-23-2013, 11:22 AM
I love the idea! Very cute!

You could have it with mini goals, or have a couple colors, like black white and pink with white being one pound, pink being 5 and black 10 or something, have 5 white then when you lose all 5 you put a pink in and move the white back to the first vase to relose, that way you dont have a huge jar

Great idea. I ended up using kidney beans (dry ones from the pantry) in two wine glasses. They're on the kitchen table. The beans because I'm on a "live within your budget" kick right now and refuse to go out and buy something that I don't really need and the wine glasses to remind me not to whine about not eating something that I may like but that is basically not healthy by any definition.

I'm a very visual person, so this will be a good reminder that if I want the beans to move, I'll need to keep on plan.

pnkrckpixikat
07-23-2013, 11:48 AM
Great idea. I ended up using kidney beans (dry ones from the pantry) in two wine glasses. They're on the kitchen table. The beans because I'm on a "live within your budget" kick right now and refuse to go out and buy something that I don't really need and the wine glasses to remind me not to whine about not eating something that I may like but that is basically not healthy by any definition.

I'm a very visual person, so this will be a good reminder that if I want the beans to move, I'll need to keep on plan.

perfect! I like the wine/whine usage :)

Aclai4067
07-25-2013, 11:24 PM
As a former WW meeting attender (now doing WW online), I've grown quite attached to the star stickers they give you for every 5 lbs lost. So I wanted to continue that tradition, but put the stickers on something cuter than the bookmark they always use. So tonight I went to target in search of ideas. They had these magnetic locker mirrors in the back to school section. I liked the frame, but not necessarily the mirror part. So I just covered the mirror with black paper for me to put my stickers on, and it will go on the fridge.

I haven't earned my first 5lb sticker yet, but I expect to on this week's weigh-in. I went ahead and made myself a little example to see what it will look like (picture attached). The stars are for every 5 lbs lost and the fringey flower sticker is for reaching a mini-goal.

bigpinkbowz
07-25-2013, 11:56 PM
My reminder is the clothing in my closet that I will soon be able to fit into again.
I also get reminders at work from the person who finally inspired me to kick this for good. My supervisor used to weigh almost 400 pounds. Due to a tumor that had formed (due to poor health), he was told he would most likely die from it. Well, he fought it and won. He is now into body building and seeing him and where his drive has taken him really inspires me to work towards my goals.

Wannabeskinny
07-26-2013, 07:27 AM
Where do they sell marbles?

kelijpa
07-26-2013, 07:43 AM
I think I'm going to do this, I'm kind of stuck and trying to come up with new ideas to help me get unstuck. Thanks for the great ideas!

Elladorine
07-26-2013, 10:33 AM
Where do they sell marbles?
You can find the flat glass ones at most craft stores, and I've also seen them at Dollar Tree; you can find different shaped plastic ones as well. Regular, round glass marbles should be available at craft stores and most likely toy stores. I'm pretty sure you can buy them at Oriental Trading as well as other online places. :)