Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 07:21 AM   #1  
she who must be obeyed

Angry Week of 6-16.....WLS Chat!

It 's a new week, how is everyone doing?

Just wanted to get us started, I need to go run through the shower. My daughter has a doctor visit this AM, she is getting a physical.

Back a little later
Old 06-16-2003, 12:12 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

is she getting a physical for her trip to her grandparents????????

more later, i hope.... honest!!!! well, at least that's my goal.
Old 06-16-2003, 01:35 PM   #3  

Im doing great. No weight loss this morning . I am 13 weeks today.. .. I plan on going to my water aerobics class at 5 for two classes and might stay for a half out of fit swim..
Old 06-16-2003, 01:39 PM   #4  

I'M BACKKKKKK!!!!!!

After pigging out all weekend while Bri was here, I got right back on my program this morning--I can assess the damage when I do my weigh in Wednesday and also take that from there.

The weekend was great. Brian's flight came in on time Friday night, but it had taken nearly an hour and a half to get through all the security checks. Good thing we weren't in any hurry, but better safe then sorry in that matter Now mind you this guy is only 5'8 and 180 pounds, but the minute he spied me, he comes over, gives me this bear hug, then proceeds to PICK ME UP OFF THE FLOOR! It's a wonder the guy didn't give himself a hernia.

We mostly stayed in Friday evening; I figured Bri was pretty tuckered out from the flight and going through security checks at airports, so my friends Siobhan and Marie came by with Marie's dh and we had an impromptu cookout. We were up yakking till 4 AM, before Bri sacked out; he looked so darn cute snoozing away on the couch, I didn't have the heart to wake him to go back to his hotel.

Saturday, we went to the Arts Festival, mostly to people watch and take in the exhibits, then Saturday night, we went out to eat and then to a karaoke place. Sweet and a cutie pie he may be, Brian cannot sing worth a hill of beans! BUT...it's the thought that counts.

Yesterday, Brian checked out of his hotel, then we stayed in at my place and watched the race; then went to the pizza joint up the street for a bite before heading back to the airport again. Once again, the security check thing before he could get on the plane.

And yes...for anyone that is curious, we did a lot of kissing too
Old 06-16-2003, 02:28 PM   #5  
she who must be obeyed

Lori, glad your weekend went well.

Jiff the check up is just cause she needs one. She will be fine at G'ma and G'pa's....she will be fine at G'ma and G'pa's......does it get better the more I say it

Cathie hope your class went well. and where in GA are you?

daughter is making choc chip cookies....which I have no problem staying away from, it's the batter that gets me everytime. That's why I plan to stay right here, on the computer, until she is finished.
Old 06-16-2003, 02:42 PM   #6  
Old Cackler

hmmmm. i was hoping to see some news of a SISTERLY nature here... guess we'll all have to be patient....
Old 06-16-2003, 08:52 PM   #7  

Yes, you have to be patient, but YES Lori....I am glad you added that kissing part because I WAS curious!!!!

glad it went well!!!

Cathy, good to see you!

Debkay, I can not tell you how proud I am of you for staying out of that darn cookie batter!!!!

I'll have to keep this short 'cause nakey wild child just came down the stairs.

Well, it's like this: I got a letter today from the insurance company. I read the letter, then lost the letter and spent the day with my head bent over so as not to faint. When dh came home, I made him read the letter. He smiled. I fainted.

I've been approved for Aug 11th.

....and Debkay, those diamonds earings??????? I kerplunked right on the floor after reading that!!!!!

off to chase wild child

peach
Old 06-16-2003, 11:59 PM   #8  
- 50 lbs!!! 3/17/03

Default chatter

Hey all ... don't talk about kissing on this board ... remember ... some of us are in the midst of a DIVORCE. Just kidding ... talk away ... I'll just go broke buying CDs from the guy at the mall. Maybe that's his MO --- he flatters wealthy older women so that they come in and buy his CDs. Hmmmmm ... never thought about that one. But ... too bad for him ... I'm broke.

Well ... the big news ... I got on the scale today and I am only 9 lbs away from hitting the big 100!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it.
I will hit it within the next few weeks ... and I am almost 5 months out. . . how exciting is that? The girlfriends and I have decided to have a big smashing time on the town to celebrate the loss of an entire person from my body!

Leanna
Old 06-17-2003, 06:49 AM   #9  
she who must be obeyed

PEACHIES APPROVED!!!!!!!

Okay, are you just a wee bit excited?? I'm excited for you.........and you weren't sure you would get approved! WOW, our next chick meet will be with a bunch of smokin' skinny chicks! Not smokin as in puff, puff, but smokin as in HOT BABES!!!!!!!

Leanne 100 pounds!!! You deserve to celebrate that one!!

It rained so hard here last night, in the middle of the night! I thought the house was going to wash away.

Walking today with Miss Hazel and the two cute guys we always take with us on late mornings! Don't worry, we aren't cheating on the hubbies.......Hazel's two babies come with us, she gets an extra workout pushing a double stroller. They eat breakfast in the stroller and we talk and walk! What could be better

Off for more coffee, have a good one all and peachie I'm so glad for you!!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2003, 02:00 PM   #10  

Im in Kingsland Georgia. Its about 45 miles north of Jacksonville Fla...
Old 06-17-2003, 03:50 PM   #11  

Wow Peach. That's very exciting (and scary!) news. Good for you. Now just remember to breathe and stop fainting all over the place!
Chickadee
Old 06-17-2003, 06:46 PM   #12  

Leanna! congrats on the weight loss!!!!! You are doing super! What kind of cds are you buying? Lately Bruce and beach music has been calling my name and making me feel better!

Boy, Debkay and Hazel, it seems like just yesterstay I was pushing that double stroller around BUT today my baby turns 10! How did that happen? He is off at baseball practice and mom and Jiff (who is not feeling too terrific) will be over later for coffee and cake.

did I say cake?
did I say icecream?

nope not me :0

Chickadee, I will admit that when I opened the letter and read it yesterday that I made such ghastly noises that my mom thought it was bad news. I really didn't think that I would be approved. Perhaps I didn't want to set myself up for the disappointment of another failed attempt at losing weight. So I shoved the letter aside with my ever favorite tara tara tara gone with the wind I'll never go hungry again thing....I am not a fiddle dee dee kind of gal.

BUT! today I feel pretty swell about the whole deal. I am not yipping and yahooing though. I just think it is the smart thing to do. Perhaps it had something to do with nakey wild child who, as I was typing last night was smashing a glass chess set to smithereens. I need to keep up with him, get in shape and quite honestly I need to become a kick butt self defense kind of gal.

gee....I guess I should change his meds too! That will come tomorrow.

fiddle dee dee

peach
Old 06-18-2003, 04:57 PM   #13  

****NEWS FLASH****
Colorado is not in the middle of a drought like they keep telling us on the news!

I'm so freakin' tired of rain. I think I'm going to start growing mold! It's so wet here (remember, I'm in Colorado - a supposedly dry, arid state) I've started calling my DH and DS my mushrooms . . . you know, 'cause they're fungis (fun guys!) Sorry, I'm trying to cheer myself up. We got rained out, again, in our softball game last night. And we were beating a really good team too. It's all icky and humid out right now and the Rockies game we're going to tonight will probably be soggy too. Yes, I'd like cheese with my whine!

I just got off the phone with Kaiser. I'm really beginning to hate them. I think you were right Hazel. I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for information on the new, reorganized weight-loss surgery program. Well, they are still developing it and have no clue when they will be able to get me info. That's the same thing they told me six weeks ago. Noboy will give me any concrete info. I'm so frustrated with them. I'm looking at changing insurance companies, but can't do it until December.

I need to do something to cheer myself up. Quick, someone write me a limerick!

Your soggy, drippy, moldy
Chickadee
Old 06-18-2003, 05:09 PM   #14  

can it be about baseball, fungis and moldies?
who come down with the sniffles and coldies?
who can't play the game
because they are lame
but are just fine for all of the oldies?

cheer up chickadee...wishing you sunshine and cracker jacks and JUST for ONE night a big WIN.

peach
Old 06-18-2003, 06:07 PM   #15  
she who must be obeyed

peachie

Chickadee.......did ya notice how she said just for one night........she is so generous!!
Closed Thread