Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 04:55 AM   #1  

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat 7/20 - Sun 7/21/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 07-20-2013, 07:02 AM   #2  
Started IP 6/21/2013

S/C/G: 246/219/165

Height: 5'6"

Morning!
Thank you Lisa for starting the chat everyday! I have been meaning to ask, since this obviously isn't a job you get paid to do, if anyone can start the daily chat if they title it and add the first post of great info? You know, in case you want to sleep in, or go to bed early, one of these days.

I bought some great ingredients and have plans to make some fun things this weekend. I am going to try to make crispy chicken nuggets (w/ a SW cheese puffs coating), IP pudding/drink mix ice cream in my brand new ice cream maker (any recommendations? I found 1 or 2 ice cream maker recipes, but not as many as I thought!), and mock bang-bang shrimp, or coconut shrimp, depending on how it all turns out. I think I figured out a good coconut replacement, shredded jicama or rutabaga soaked in a bit of coconut extract & stevia; I will let everyone know how it turns out.

I also diced up some rutabaga to make home fries/diced potato hash browns. Has anyone tried this before? Any recommendations? I am thinking I should probably parboil them first, and maybe dust them in a little potato puree for a crispy coating? I haven't had much luck with rutabaga crisping on its own, so I think it needs a coating.

What are everyone's big weekend plans? I will be cooking and cleaning away this weekend.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

Yes thank you Lisa!!! 3FC has been a wealth of information for me, I continue to search for info, recipes and ideas to keep me on track.

Have a nice weekend everyone! Good luck to all keeping the will power high and staying on track.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/260/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, I have been doing a lot of thinking lately about returning to a more traditional weight loss program of calorie counting and exercise. My hair is falling out at a alarming rate. I know I am not alone in this, but I can't help thinking that my body is trying to tell me something. That along with the fact that my losses are averaging about a pound or two a week, something I feel I can achieve with a more varied diet. IP has been a great jump start toward my goal, and I won't be introducing refined carbs, but I am looking forward to fresh berries, no vegetable limits etc. I wish you all continued success toward your own goals. This forum has been so helpful, and I thank you all.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Has anyone tried the quest pasta? The quest bars look good but afraid I might abuse them by eating too many.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/125

Height: 5'5"

Happy weekend! My official weigh in is tomorrow for my first week on IP. I'm excited because I think I am down about 7 lbs. My husband is down 35 lbs as of today and is on phase 2. We tried GNC Total Lean strawberry shake today and it is delicious. He is looking for things to put in his coffee so we are trying several chocolate and vanilla protein shakes and thought why not try a strawberry ( but not in coffee lol). Got the Quest cookie dough bars in the mail yesterday.....dangerously delicious! Spiced up my WF ranch today with a product called Herbamare that we get at the co-op and it was great! Here's to a wonderful IP weekend!
Old 07-20-2013, 03:21 PM   #7  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Has anyone tried the quest pasta? The quest bars look good but afraid I might abuse them by eating too many.
I never heard anyone mention Quest Pasta before, so I went to look.

I don't know how anyone else will feel but I think I will be trying it soon. As a 0/0/0 product I think it could be added depending on an individual's preference. (IE: someone strictly following the most current protocol sheet may not wish to but someone following older protocol might. )
Old 07-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #8  

6th week weigh in and down 4.4 but I am not loosening inches? Hope everyone has an OP weekend!
Old 07-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthayer View Post
6th week weigh in and down 4.4 but I am not loosening inches? Hope everyone has an OP weekend!
Trish: I was slower to lose inches. It all works out in the end.
Congrats on the fantastic loss
Old 07-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Trish: I was slower to lose inches. It all works out in the end.
Congrats on the fantastic loss
Thanks Lisa for the information. I also wanted to tell you how great your new pictures are! Congrats
Old 07-20-2013, 04:39 PM   #11  

Glover girl: sorry IP didn't work out for you. I know one of the major S/e can be hair loss, tho from what i have read, your hair will grow back. anyhow, i will you well trying a more traditional diet.

trishthayer Grats to your losses...I'm the opposite to you and lisa..i've had one great loss week, everything else has been 1-2lbs...which is fine...the inches i've lost more than makes up for...however, im hoping inches and lbs lost kinda start to meet in the middle

I had horrible food dreams last night....i kept eating things i knew i couldn't, and then spitting them out before i swallowed them ..lol both my awake me and my sleepy me are invested. HOORAY!....very distressing dream tho lol

oh quick question: how does IP really feel about like sausages (im thinking like chicken or turkey ones)? my coach was like well..even hotdogs would be okay...just watch the fat content etc....anyone have any better insight?

Last edited by Art3mis; 07-20-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:00 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glover girl View Post
Good morning, I have been doing a lot of thinking lately about returning to a more traditional weight loss program of calorie counting and exercise. My hair is falling out at a alarming rate. I know I am not alone in this, but I can't help thinking that my body is trying to tell me something. That along with the fact that my losses are averaging about a pound or two a week, something I feel I can achieve with a more varied diet. IP has been a great jump start toward my goal, and I won't be introducing refined carbs, but I am looking forward to fresh berries, no vegetable limits etc. I wish you all continued success toward your own goals. This forum has been so helpful, and I thank you all.
Best wishes Glovergirl!!! My hair fell out and it was disheartening. I also thought of the impact the diet was having on my body...In the end I realized it was just temporary and caused from losing weight so quickly...Sounds like you're making a great decision for yourself!

Best wishes and sounds like you have the tools to do what you have to do. I bet if you even followed the maintenance portion you would still lose!

Be well!!!
Old 07-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 280/260/180

Height: 5'7

[QUOTE=Art3mis;4797061]Glover girl: sorry IP didn't work out for you. I know one of the major S/e can be hair loss, tho from what i have read, your hair will grow back. anyhow, i will you well trying a traditional diet.

Thank you Art3mis. I wouldn't say IP didn't work out for me, after all I did loose 70 pounds I'm just ready to try something else, if it fails I can always come back to IP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Best wishes Glovergirl!!! My hair fell out and it was disheartening. I also thought of the impact the diet was having on my body...In the end I realized it was just temporary and caused from losing weight so quickly...Sounds like you're making a great decision for yourself!

Best wishes and sounds like you have the tools to do what you have to do. I bet if you even followed the maintenance portion you would still lose!

Be well!!!
New Englander, that is so sweet of you! Thank you for being so supportive. I walked up the hill today (3 miles), it was so much easier now that I'm lighter. I am looking forward to regular exercise and a more moderate diet. I'm sure I will continue to use a lot of the products that I enjoyed on IP. Best luck to you on your weight loss journey
Old 07-20-2013, 05:34 PM   #14  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glover girl View Post
I hear you. Towards the end of my active dieting days with IP I was starting to experience more hair loss and like you wondered if I wanted to prolong the dieting for much longer. You've lost 70 lbs though - that's great! Way to go!!

Could you consider just switching to IP's alternative program (I mean the higher calorie protocol that is recommended for those with diabetes and other health conditions, not just the use of alternative products)... the daily serving of dairy, fruit, and bread might help stop the hair loss? Just something to think about... For me, this would be easier, because it would still provide a structure. And you'd just be adding those three things into the program that you are already familiar with. Whatever you do - you've already done very, very well... and I wish you the best of luck with reaching your goal.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:56 PM   #15  
Started IP 6/21/2013

S/C/G: 246/219/165

Height: 5'6"

I haven't even left the store yet but I couldn't wait to share! I just bought my first piece of clothing from the normal sized area. Wow! I can't believe I have lost nearly 2 sizes in less than a month. I say nearly, because I could button the size 16s but they weren't very comfortable yet. I decided to wait on the pants, but I bought a regular XL shirt. Holy crap- I love you Ideal Protein!
Closed Thread