Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - Odd Sight at Salad Bar

View Full Version : Odd Sight at Salad Bar

Amy Remixed
07-19-2013, 06:07 PM
I went to a fantastic salad bar at my favorite market for lunch today. I have been going for years. A huge selection of veggies, fruits, prepped items, extras, and dressings. They charge $5.99 per pound. They offer average size to go containers. Most people fill them to the brim and it costs them $6 to $8.

I saw a woman take a dressing container (about 1 ounce) and put some sprouts, peas, corn, sunflower seeds and a drop of dressing in it. I figured maybe she was taking it home to her rabbit. I heard her chatting with some of the employees. She's a regular. At checkout, I heard a cashier tell her "enjoy your lunch". I spotted her in her car and she was eating it with chopsticks.

That was the teeniest salad I ever saw! I hope that really wasn't her lunch.

amandie
07-19-2013, 07:22 PM
Well, that is a small salad for sure and doesn't sound that tasty to me but we don't know what she had for breakfast nor dinner as well as snacks if she does that type of thing. :)

rubidoux
07-19-2013, 08:54 PM
Did she look like a person who has only two bites of salad for lunch?

While my catty side is screaming "that's not right!" -- I know that a lot of people would say the same about how I eat. I usually eat just once a day and it's in the neighborhood of 85% fat. Works for me, though.

kaplods
07-19-2013, 09:03 PM
Who knows? She might have an eating disorder, but there are other possibilities as well. Maybe she has an intestinal problem such as colitis, IBS, or Crohn's disease, or has had wls or digestive tract surgery or perhaps she is on blood thinners and that's all the salad she can safely eat.