General chatter - Why would my ex do this?

View Full Version : Why would my ex do this?

DazeGypsy
07-17-2013, 01:04 PM
Yesterday morning I woke up and checked facebook while eating breakfast. I had a notification telling me that my ex shared one of my photos. I looked to see what photo is was, and it was a picture of me from all the way back in 2008.

I had that picture as my profile picture when I first joined facebook. It was taken before an 80s party, so I'm all decked out in 80's punk clothes.

My ex has no ties to this picture. He wasn't there when it was taken. I wasn't dating him then. (I did know him then, I've known him over a decade.)

It's funny also, that a few hours before he shared it, someone I went to high school with commented on that picture. The comment said, "Wow, you really look good as a blond." Thought that was funny too, considering my hair hasn't been blond for years.

But... I am mystified about why my ex would post an old pic of me on his own wall. Was he trying to get my attention? I didn't comment on it or anything... so far no one has.

Anyone have any opinions about this?

alaskanlaughter
07-17-2013, 01:30 PM
Hard to type on my phone but it could have been an accidental click. Sometimes I've done that too and had to fix it. It may have popped into his news feed if someone recently commented in the photo. He may not realize he shared it. Sry if I have typos

kaplods
07-17-2013, 01:33 PM
There are so many possibilities, from he ran across the picture and thought it would get a laugh out of you or others, to he wanted to embarrass you, to he's feeling nostalgic and missing you or old times, to he's pining for you and wants you back desperately.

I would say his motives don't matter unless you're interested in rekindling the relationship. If you really want to know, you're going to have to ask HIM.

NeeneeKhaleesi
07-17-2013, 01:34 PM
Sometimes Facebook does funny, funky things. Like, on my feed yesterday, there was a post of a post a guy sent to my friend that had nothing to do with me. Or I posted an unusally long post and I think it showed up as headline news on the feeds of people I havent spoken to in years. Strange algorithms.

NeeneeKhaleesi
07-17-2013, 01:36 PM
I wouldnt look to deeply into this, unless it becomes part of a bigger pattern.

DazeGypsy
07-17-2013, 01:43 PM
@ Kaplods, I suppose he could have thought it would get a laugh out of me and others. Him and I have a lot of mutual friends. I was a lot heavier back then also. He still texts me once in a while to ask what I'm up to. We have always been civil to each other.

Lecomtes
07-17-2013, 02:50 PM
One of the many reasons I can't jump on the fb train. lol, I'm too easily confused by people on there! Hard to tell if it was intentional or an accident.

IAmTheGlue
07-18-2013, 12:09 PM
I would not worry too much about it since someone else had recently commented on it. If he was the only person commenting, liking or sharing a picture recently, then obviously he was digging through your old pictures. Since it probably showed up in his newsfeed first and he may have accidentally clicked it, I would not worry about it.