Weight Loss Support - I cant believe I spent 3 years at the gym and got such slow results...

fatneedle
07-14-2013, 10:52 PM
I cant believe I spent 3 years at the gym, 2 hours 5x a week, running on eliptical machine at average 170 heartrate.. and it took me 3 years to cut 20 lbs !

just 6 months ago, I quit the gym, I started doing free weights and workouts like p90x (plus various workouts on youtube) and I lost 20lbs in 6 months..!

moral is.. if you are finding running or working out enjoyable or "Easy" .. STOP and do somethign challenging, we need to constantly challenge our body to lose weight.

:hug:

JohnP
07-14-2013, 11:17 PM
Calories dictate fat loss or gain. Not the difficulty of one's exercise program.

Also, you can't out exercise a poor diet.

shcirerf
07-14-2013, 11:18 PM
Weight loss is done in the kitchen through healthy food choices!

Fitness is done working out.

Two different concepts!

Buffinlovin
07-15-2013, 12:22 AM
Also, you can't out exercise a poor diet.

This. Diet is one of the most important things towards losing weight, exercise is what helps maintain it.

My fiance hasn't really changed too much about his bad eating habits, and he is going to the gym about 2-4 times per week. He is seeing results, but he is also seeing larger gains on off days, which means he has to work that much harder to get that weight back off (even though it may just be water weight).

fatneedle
07-15-2013, 12:57 AM
Weight loss is done in the kitchen through healthy food choices!

Fitness is done working out.

Two different concepts!

ya took me awhile to figure that out :D

sontaikle
07-15-2013, 05:59 AM
I worked out at the gym 4-5 times a week for nearly seven years and I went from a size 18 to a 14. I got where I am now by watching my diet over 8 months!

As others have said, it's about your diet more than exercise. It's hard to admit to yourself (ESPECIALLY if you exercise regularly), but diet is the most important part of weight loss or gain.