Looking Good, Feeling Great - Tattoos while losing weight

View Full Version : Tattoos while losing weight

livelaughlovesunshin
07-12-2013, 03:33 PM
Have any of you all got a tattoo while losing weight? I am wanting to get one either on my collar bone area or my wrist but I am wondering if I should weight until I've reached goal?
How did yours look after you lost your weight?

amandie
07-12-2013, 03:40 PM
Collarbone area, OUCH! Wrist- also ouch! On those areas, I don't think you'd need to wait. If it was on your stomach, thighs or anything that can become loose/wrinkly, I'd recommend against that.

I can't help you since I've yet to get a tattoo while losing weight. Been spending all my money on clothes and not enough for a tattoo, LOL.

Can I ask what you're planning to get or maybe surprise us with a picture later after you get it?

I have 5 tattoos- one on the wrist/forearm, one on my chest above the breast/just below the collar bone, one on the side of my calf, one on the foot and another on my upper back/shoulderblade area and they all look good. It totally depends on where you get it.

livelaughlovesunshin
07-12-2013, 04:03 PM
Collarbone area, OUCH! Wrist- also ouch! On those areas, I don't think you'd need to wait. If it was on your stomach, thighs or anything that can become loose/wrinkly, I'd recommend against that.

I can't help you since I've yet to get a tattoo while losing weight. Been spending all my money on clothes and not enough for a tattoo, LOL.

Can I ask what you're planning to get or maybe surprise us with a picture later after you get it?

I have 5 tattoos- one on the wrist/forearm, one on my chest above the breast/just below the collar bone, one on the side of my calf, one on the foot and another on my upper back/shoulderblade area and they all look good. It totally depends on where you get it.

I already have one on the back of my neck, thankfully my hair covers it cause I hate it. LOL.
I haven't decided on the design yet but something simple representing my love for my babies.

Jez
07-12-2013, 04:36 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about the bony areas.

dehtripper
07-12-2013, 11:23 PM
I have tattoos from collarbone to wrist (among many other areas) and haven't noticed any changes. As long as its not an area that carries a particularly noticeable amount of weight, I wouldn't worry.

Mozzy
07-13-2013, 01:43 AM
You should be fine I the areas you specified...