Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 06:30 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Friday 7/12/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 07-12-2013, 07:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/177/160

Height: 5.6

Good morning all and Happy Friday
Old 07-12-2013, 08:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Hello everyone, it's been many many months since I have visited 3FC so most of you probably won't know me. Anyway, I used to get my IP products from a clinic in NJ that allowed you to order online, does anyone happen to know the name of the clinic or website? I have a new computer and lost all my links and I need to get back on the IP train. Thanks!
Old 07-12-2013, 08:26 AM   #4  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
Hello everyone, it's been many many months since I have visited 3FC so most of you probably won't know me. Anyway, I used to get my IP products from a clinic in NJ that allowed you to order online, does anyone happen to know the name of the clinic or website? I have a new computer and lost all my links and I need to get back on the IP train. Thanks!
Welcome back! Plainprotein.com used to be the one that sold IP products, but they don't anymore. There is another place online that sells them through ebay, so you might want to check there.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Welcome back! Plainprotein.com used to be the one that sold IP products, but they don't anymore. There is another place online that sells them through ebay, so you might want to check there.
Thanks, Ragdoll, I'll check it out.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:19 AM   #6  
Started IP 6/14/2013

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Height: 5'8"

4th weigh in this morning:

-14.6 lbs
-24"

24" in four weeks! Craaaazy!
Old 07-12-2013, 10:21 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-8"

I am not sure if it’s just me, the warmer weather is making me want to eat all the local fresh fruit and vegetables. I live in an area that local fruit and vegetable season doesn’t last long and it’s reasonably priced; in the past this is the best time of year. Ahhh, I even discussed this with my coach; her comment was "they will be here next year too". Yes I agree with her, but going off IP to eat fresh vegetables and fruit doesn't seem like a bad thing. Oh wait...It's IP and it is a Bad things.

My past couple of days has been a mind struggle. Keep on keeping on plan. Next year.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Happy friday!
I posted earlier in the week a huge SV for me that I'm now less than half the person I once was. Very exciting but lately I've been wondering if I'm getting too small...sounds like a crazy thought but I don't know how to feel. I still have 12 lbs left to go and maybe even another 5 after that. My new clinic says my ideal weight should be 124 lbs. I don't see that I'm that small, with my stomach skin I feel like its the same ol belly I've always had. People keep telling me I'm so tiny, like in a negative way....idk.. thoughts?
Old 07-12-2013, 10:35 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyasbug View Post
Happy friday!
I posted earlier in the week a huge SV for me that I'm now less than half the person I once was. Very exciting but lately I've been wondering if I'm getting too small...sounds like a crazy thought but I don't know how to feel. I still have 12 lbs left to go and maybe even another 5 after that. My new clinic says my ideal weight should be 124 lbs. I don't see that I'm that small, with my stomach skin I feel like its the same ol belly I've always had. People keep telling me I'm so tiny, like in a negative way....idk.. thoughts?
Take it! AND Congratulations!!
If you are within healthy parameters for your height..and BMI is happily in range...then you are fine! Today the owner of the gym where I go told me I had become really tiny since I joined...and it perplexed me because I am only BARELY at the top of the normal range for my height!! Trust the charts and the different things that seem to indicate low health risk. Not any one parameter, but look at a few and see where you should be. You'll hopefully get comfortable with it. I have to keep reminding myself what I weighed when I got married...which was at the bottom of the range. If I actually get to that...I also will have reduced myself by about half. It is scarey! (But scarier that I was so far off the grid...)

Last edited by 65X65; 07-12-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:50 AM   #10  
Started IP 5/20/2013

S/C/G: 270/IP211.8/ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Happy friday!
I have two thoughts:
1) People are used to you being fat, so obviously they think you are now tiny. That happened to me when I lost weight before I had my babies and I was NEVER tiny.
2) Keep your build in mind when you look at weight/BMI charts. I was always out of the weight range for 5'3", but at 150 I wore a size 6 or 8 (the same as my friends who weighed 20 and even 30 pounds less than me) and I could leg press 350 pounds without trying very hard. If you're muscular and big-boned, the charts may not be your friend.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #11  
Started IP 6/12/13

S/C/G: 244/177/150

Height: 5'6"

Based on reading these forms I have been eating extra protein or an unrestricted packet this last week (for over 200 and working out) and I seem to be losing more weight!

Leaving for 2 week RV trip to cool off. I have banned all Frito-Lay products from the camper, only pretzels and popcorn allowed!
Old 07-12-2013, 11:26 AM   #12  
Started IP 1/9/13

S/C/G: 234.4/158/130

Height: 5'1

Hi Everyone, it's been a while since I have been on 3FC or posted. I was 100% on program before I went into the hospital. When I went into the hospital and found out that I couldn't bring my IP onto the ward I was very nervous and upset. I thought for your that I would blow all my hard work but luckily they had a nutritionist and a great kitchen who worked with me to make all my meals as IP friendly as possible. I was in the hospital for three weeks and when I came home and weighed in I actually lost a pound. Unfortunately when I got home I slipped for two weeks eating a crunchy carb item and more unrestricted items than allowed. I ate so much one day that I felt very sick for a couple of days and said enough. I went and weighed in and had gained 2 pounds from my bingeing. I'm happy to report that I now back on track. I had a couple of detoxing days that were not fun but I am feeling better and know that I can easily take off those 2 pounds!

Happy Friday!!
Old 07-12-2013, 12:21 PM   #13  

Height: 6'

WI - down 1lb. It has been very slow going for me lately. I think I'm going to remove the quest bars for a week or so to see if that makes a difference.

Also, yesterday, I almost passed out at work which was weird since I ate the same thing that I always do. PremierProtein shake, 1 banana and a salad with EVOO for lunch. (alternative plan) Not sure if I stood up too fast or if my BP is lower now? I'm going to make a DR appt to have it checked and to see if I can reduce my BP meds a bit.

I'm committing here on 3FC. I will be down 10 more pounds by 8/28 before I leave for France. I have to achieve this! I will achieve this!
Old 07-12-2013, 12:28 PM   #14  

Tallgirl: are you adding the required salt daily?
Old 07-12-2013, 01:39 PM   #15  
Started IP 5/25/13

S/C/G: 196.5/152/145

Height: 5ft 6 in

Quote:
Happy friday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divadani13 View Post
I have two thoughts:
1) People are used to you being fat, so obviously they think you are now tiny. That happened to me when I lost weight before I had my babies and I was NEVER tiny.
I wonder, too, if other people worry about the typical yo-yo effect taking place with this diet. Like if you lose "too much" then you'll gain it all back, and more. My best friend asked me how much I wanted to lose, total, and I said 60 lbs, and she got really alarmed and told me to be careful. I tried to explain to her that this diet is not like others and that if I do it properly/educate myself about how my body uses & reacts to food, then the yo-yoing should NOT happen. I don't think she believed me.

Had my weekly WI this morning -- I lost 0.25 lbs (usually I lose 2-3/week) BUT I lost 1.25 inches off my waist, and a total of 2 inches. Funky -- but I'm not complaining! I'm now able to wear clothes I haven't been able to wear in 2 years.
Closed Thread