100 lb. Club - Forum seem empty lately?

View Full Version : Forum seem empty lately?

Underwater
07-11-2013, 06:06 PM
Has anyone else noticed a drop off in activity? I normally check in at least once a day and there have been fewer updates to read these past weeks.

I wonder if it's not vacations and other summer fun that is competing with us ;)

thnknthin1
07-11-2013, 06:29 PM
That's my guess Underwater...people get busy in summer with vacations and kids out of school. I bet it picks back up in Fall.

P.S. Still trying to catch up to you!

time2lose
07-11-2013, 10:14 PM
That's my guess Underwater...people get busy in summer with vacations and kids out of school. I bet it picks back up in Fall.

I think that's it. It seems like it has been like this in the summer before.

amandie
07-11-2013, 10:24 PM
Yup, admittedly, I was one of those who usually disappeared when summer rolled around but this summer, I am making a conscious effort to stay here and keep posting to stay accountable. I've always ended up with 5-10lb gain when fall starts and etc.

Definitely summer parties, activities and vacations going on. :)

punkrocksong
07-11-2013, 10:43 PM
I think people are busier during the summer...I know I am. But I made a promise to myself to post at least once a day to keep myself on track. We are having a gay old time on the 250's-250's thread though!

gwenaa
07-11-2013, 11:36 PM
i know i've been to busy with kids stuff and my sisters getting married in a few weeks (we'll need a vacation from summer vacation lol) to do much of anything online.

Vex
07-11-2013, 11:44 PM
yep, i've been in and out all summer.

bethFromDayton
07-12-2013, 12:21 AM
I'm still working on posting daily--I slacked a bit during our vacation but 3fc is an integral part of my process!

Lecomtes
07-12-2013, 01:01 AM
Guilty! I'm trying to stay focused...but this Summer is the first time I've had off in sooooo long...there has been beer...and ice cream... and pizza. But there has also been 20+ mile bike rides, daily swims, and hiking! I'm going to do better at dropping it and staying accountable too! :)

Underwater
07-12-2013, 01:33 AM

P.S. Still trying to catch up to you!

I'm gonna try to maintain under 155 so you and I will be twinsies soon!

Keep Moving Forward
07-12-2013, 02:32 PM
It's gotta be the summer! :beach:

PreciousMissy
07-12-2013, 05:15 PM
I think people are busier during the summer...I know I am. But I made a promise to myself to post at least once a day to keep myself on track. We are having a gay old time on the 250's-250's thread though!

This for me too. Work and life are both busier, but I still post in my decades thread every day to keep myself accountable.

Elladorine
07-12-2013, 05:44 PM
I'm reading every day but don't post often. I feel a little out of the loop since I can't concentrate on losing weight right now, but I should be back with a vengeance sometime next year. :preg:

SweetScrumptious
07-12-2013, 06:02 PM
Next week, I'll be leaving on a 3 week vacation with VERY little internet access (unless I want to pay $70+ for 120 mins - ouch). Will probably only have limited access at the hotel before and after the cruise and at Wi-Fi accesses.

I'm assuming the same is going for other vacationers out there :dizzy:

Pink Hurricane
07-12-2013, 11:35 PM
YES, I completely agree, I am pretty shocked about how slow it has been!

Mozzy
07-13-2013, 01:41 AM
I noticed the lack of new activity too. I hope it's just a symptom of the summer. I'm struggling with losing and need 3fc.

Arctic Mama
07-13-2013, 02:50 AM
Just busy with life, here. And when I'm on plan and not struggling, I have very little to discuss. It's just rinse and repeat day in and day out. And with my scale packed away for another month or so, I can't really even check in with weekly weight updates!

opheliaphoenix
07-14-2013, 06:27 PM
I've been off the boards and half off the wagon for the past few weeks due to relatives coming to town and staying with us for vacation...been extremely busy! So ready to get back in my groove and start losing again. I'm a little nervous to step on the scale and see the damage, but I'm going to be back on my normal schedule for about a week before I even look, just to make sure whatever I see isn't doubled by simple bloat.

Anyways, I will be rejoining the boards in full force again soon, and I'm sure a lot of the other MIA's will be, as well. :yes:

zoesmom
07-14-2013, 06:30 PM
I lurk daily, but posts are based off how busy I am, especially in the summer. The only real thread I am super active in is the one that is geared towards my plan. The others, I frequently post, but it is random random random. Come fall, I'll be a posting maniac again! :D

GlamourGirl827
07-16-2013, 08:46 PM
I think its just summer. I was pretty absent last summer, busy. I've been around waaayyyy more than usual because I'm near the very end of my pregnancy and truthfully I spend a lot of time indoors thanks to the heat wave and sitting down...and so here I am. Plus I'm really geared up to start my weightloss as soon as baby gets here. But mostly I'm bored and am killing time until I have the baby lol

Goddess Jessica
07-17-2013, 02:56 PM
Don't worry, kids. It's just a summer thing. Happens every year!

alyssarof2012
07-17-2013, 03:22 PM
I left for a week or two due to injury and illness, but am back as of today. :) Summer is when I'm in the zone for weight loss the most, because I don't have school to deal with (for myself or my child). So it's definitely not due to being busy... If ever I'm not sick or injured, I'm just not here due to relapsed laziness, haha.

nitrus29
07-25-2013, 01:32 PM
hah! and I have been wondering where ALL of you have been too!!!!! Good to see EVERYONE checking-in here.. enjoy the summer :D