Old 07-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Default So upset!!

I had a total breakdown! I ate off my diet and I am so mad at myself!
I had a soda and a taco! Ugh! What is wrong with me?? I can't even go a week without failing! It didn't even taste good. The cravings that I was having got the best of me and it didn't even taste good!!

How do some of you deal with your cravings?
SaraJP0804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #2  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJP0804 View Post
I had a total breakdown! I ate off my diet and I am so mad at myself!
I had a soda and a taco! Ugh! What is wrong with me?? I can't even go a week without failing! It didn't even taste good. The cravings that I was having got the best of me and it didn't even taste good!!

I can imagine how you are feeling. I think job #1 for you right now is to stop defining yourself as "failing." Start over again, right now and forget the past. Start fresh.

I must say, I don't have too difficult of a time with cravings. Make sure you are not eating or drinking any sugars without knowing it. Look at the ingredients of absolutely everything that you are putting into your mouth. Sugar of any kind in any amount will cause cravings. Also, have you eliminated aspartame to the best of your ability? That will help, too. All that said, viewing this time of extreme eating limitations as temporary has helped me immensely. If I really want something that I can't have, I try to view it as I would have viewed it during pregnancy. . . just can't have it right now . . . will have it again when this is over . . . if I still want it. That helps me tremendously.

Hang in there.
SylviesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Height: 5'3"

I do IP at a clinic, and my coach always reiterates that if I have to deviate, use a bar or something...better to cheat with an IP (or quest, or whatever you use) than to completely go off. So days where I just couldn't stick to the 3 packets + a protein, i've had an extra Quest bar. Next time try that instead. And just go back on immediately, and do not beat yourself up about it!
jodi73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 174/130/130

Height: 5'3"

If I'm having a craving for something, i will search the recipes on here. I made the cauliflower pizza about a week or two ago, and that really helped. For a taco, I made a taco salad using home made seasonings, that I saw on here as well. As far as soda, you can get a sparkling water. If I am having a craving for something sweet, I keep quest bars around and will use one of those instead of my shake. They have so many different flavors that you do not get bored.
Also, the advise from Sylviesgirl too.... I tell myself that its not forever, and I will be able to have it again, just not yet.
spunky536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Thanks ladies!!
I like the idea of telling myself its not forever! Its nice to think about it that way!
I just have struggled for so long to find the right diet and I really feel like this one is the right one. I just dont want to mess up again! I want this to stick and I want to lose the weight. I really do. My willpower just isn't as strong right now. I need to stop sabatoging myself!
SaraJP0804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #6  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

I also try to remember how hard it was to get into ketosis when I think about having something off program. It really simply is not worth it to me. I feel so much better without all the junk I was putting into my body previously and so that is a good motivator to not cheat.
sarita75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

How long have you been following the plan? If you get to ketosis it gets easier.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:02 PM   #8  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

IP is so expensive I just keep telling myself not to waste my investment. But, I agree that it is not forever, and it is a small period out of your life overall to make such a big impact on your health. I don't have anything else to add that hasn't been offered. I will just say that it comes from you and only you can make the commitment to do this for yourself. And...everyone here has felt the same.
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:03 PM   #9  
IP start: 7/2/13

S/C/G: 200/164.5/130

Height: 5'6" Age: 35

I've only been on IP for 10 days, but I managed to stick to Atkins for a year (10 years ago). Whenever I get cravings, I just try to find a diet-friendly recipe. Yesterday for lunch I made taco salad with lean ground beef that I seasoned myself, 1 cup shredded cabbage and 1 cup homemade pico de gallo. I never thought I'd ever enjoy a taco without any sour cream or cheese, but it was really quite good, and totally killed the craving! Today I made the "Big Mac in a Bowl" recipe from one of the threads on here, and couldn't believe how filling and tasty it was.

You can do this! It IS only temporary, but you may find at the end of this that you enjoy your new, healthy recipes more than the cheats, anyway!
undrwelmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:44 PM   #10  
chubby chica

S/C/G: 198/155/135

Height: 5'8

Don't get so frustrated over deviating one time. You're trying to form lifelong habits, not just going through the motions of a crash course diet and then hoping to keep the weight off. Sometimes in your life, you're going to want a freaking taco. Just don't make it a staple!
flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:44 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Cravings suck. The closer I am to goal, the worse they get. I have gone through heads of lettuce and surprisingly, herbal tea helps.
NinjaNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #12  

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJP0804 View Post
Whenever I feel a stress related craving coming on, I either email my IP coach or a friend to just "let it all out" and vent. I find this helps me. I admit that 99% of my weight gain has been due to stress, which I dealt with by eating fast food, alcohol, and just eating out most of the time.

There comes a point where you have to be your own best friend. This means forgiving yourself for slipping up and getting back on the ball so to speak. You slipped up and you've learned that it's not wroth it. Forgive yourself and keep going!

Last edited by FreeBird3; 07-11-2013 at 06:46 PM.
FreeBird3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:35 PM   #13  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm a newbie too, but I took the advice of having a "go to" snack/food item. When I feel deprived or wanting something special, I have 1/2 of a coconut cashew quest bar (I'm using alternatives). It hits the spot. And I agree about reading the recipe threads...amazing dishes!
SuzieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
Cravings suck. The closer I am to goal, the worse they get. I have gone through heads of lettuce and surprisingly, herbal tea helps.

Off topic but Ninja Nurse, you are looking awesome!! WTG!
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:12 PM   #15  

S/C/G: me:153/129/130 him:243/203/185

Height: me 5'5" him 5'9"

We joined after going to an informational night at my MDs and one thing that stuck in my head that he said was that if you had a life threatening illness, and had to have a treatment that wasn't particularly pleasant, but would be for a limited time and would save your life, would you do it?
IP is the "medicine", the limited time treatment that will save your life.

I also second what sarita75 said, that it was so horrible getting into ketosis (headaches, nausea, hunger) that I don't want to go through that again.

Hang in there, be loving to yourself, and have lots of hot teas on hand, they really help alot, especially sweetened with splenda.

You can do this- it works - you just have to believe it.
EasierWithTwo is offline   Reply With Quote