Weight Loss Support - Do you keep a journal?

View Full Version : Do you keep a journal?

Wannabeskinny
07-11-2013, 09:26 AM
Do you keep a journal that aids you through your weightloss? If so, what kind of journal do you keep, is it handwritten or online? I've kept various types of journals over the years, when I was younger I'd write down my deepest feelings but can't say that helped me much. It almost kept my feelings at the surface at all times and it can be painful to go back and read them because it reminds me that I still feel some of those things. I've also kept food diaries, exercise logs, and gratitude journals. I haven't in a while and thinking about getting back into it.

betsy2013
07-11-2013, 10:02 AM
Oh yes, and it's helped me along this trip immensely. I keep one online here at 3FC -- technically, it's a blog, but I consider it a journal. I always put the date and that day's weight in the heading and then whatever title. Don't write much, but I do try to write every day. I also password protect it. That's mainly because otherwise it's open to the entire world, and I was getting some really weird responses to people who could see it.

I've never done anything like this before, but it seems to be helping me focus on what's working, what isn't, and why some things are happening in terms of will power, how I think about food, etc.

Terra1984
07-11-2013, 09:33 PM
I keep a diet journal but I dont write in it all the time, I need to get the habit of writing in it every day though.