South Beach Diet - Thursday Already? Chat for July 11.

Ruthxxx
07-11-2013, 06:35 AM
Good morning. Coffee is Paul Newman in a cup once again. I keep going back to him. Yes, I do know he's dead but our relationship is beyond the physical!

Finally the heat has broken. It was even getting to the dogs yesterday but this morning they're all bright eyed and bushy tailed. I'm actually feeling a bit that way myself for a change. (As I typed that, the AC turned on although the house sure doesn't feel warm this morning.)

We certainly need AC yesterday when judging Fair schoolwork upstairs in the Fair Hall but we got it done by 1 PM. Today or tomorrow I'll go over and attach ribbons to the winners and next week organize a group to pin them up on the walls. I find it works best with short people and tall people.

There are still a few things hanging over my head but it sure feels great to not have the wedding to fret about. I'm actually looking forward to the Fair opening on July 25 since my friend Linda will be visiting that week. She's been in Delta several times and seen the fairgrounds empty and is all excited to see it in operation. She's also a wino like me so we manage to have a good time. :rofl:

One more day until the weekend! Hope your day is looking good and cool both senses of the word.

cottagebythesea
07-11-2013, 06:41 AM
That's what I'm waking up to on this stormy morning, and it's not supposed to get any better for the rest of the day. Oh, well, there's still lots to do in Susie's house to keep us busy all day. We're having her memorial service tomorrow and the caterers are going to set up in her house, so we want everything polished and shining.

:coffee2: Coffee sure tastes good on a rainy morning. :)

cottagebythesea
07-11-2013, 06:44 AM
Once again you beat me to it, Ruth! Us two winos think alike, :lol: !

TwynnB
07-11-2013, 07:04 AM
I'm confused...memorial service Linda?

And should that be wine-os?! (LOL)

And, I'm still giggling from Natasha's post last night. Ahhhh, to watch the stories of the young and unmarried! Of course, being married with children has it's own drama (ummm, yeah, I think my 8 yr old DD is going to get you-know-what in the next year, you have GOT TO BE kidding me!!!).

Anyway - nothing too exciting today. I'm really enjoying that mess-o-vegetables salad that I made with lemon viniagrette, I must do something like that more often! My boss also texted me last night (I was already in bed) that the basement at work flooded (again). Scary that she's doing a massively expensive remodel soon with that happening. Glad I'm just an associate!

Off to the day! Have a great one!

CyndiM
07-11-2013, 07:21 AM
Good morning :coffee2: Another day, a little less rain and heat (though no less humidity). I just hope we get a break late next week. We want to go camping for a night. A few weeks ago we kayaked and hiked around a complex of ponds and found two great campsites away from it all. All we have to do is kayak across two small ponds then pull stuff over a very short portage and we have an outer pond all to ourselves (just one other campsite there). It's irresistible unless it rains. Then it's not so much fun.

Ruth & Linda - I want to know why the winos are up first?! I must be in training ;)

Ruth - Our little doggy has so much trouble with the heat. She really wants to get out and chase squirrels (that's her job) but we can't let her out in the middle of the day.
One of these summers I am going to make that pilgrimage to check out the Delta Fair.

Cottage - I hope you get a break in the weather soon. We've had some sunny days before downpours, I guess that's something!

Twynn - Mess-o-veggies sounds great. Maybe I'll try that. Time to see what the farm stand has.

Okay, guess I need to do some planning for this day and tomorrow. The weekend will be all chores and cooking (I hope) or maybe no bake healthy treats. Happy Thursday Beachers

Beth19
07-11-2013, 07:53 AM
We had another big thunderstorm last night but now we may actually have a dry day! Sunny this morning, although still a little humid.

Yesterday's big excitement: I picked almost a pint of blueberries from my bushes! We planted 8 bushes probably 10 years ago and never had any fruit. Last year we got a handful but this year the bushes are loaded! I'm chalking it up to the new fertilizer DH bought and applied. Anyway, it is so gratifying to finally have berries. There's tons of green ones to ripen soon.:cb:

Other than that, today holds more reading and relaxing while I elevate my leg.

Have a great day chicks!

jekel383
07-11-2013, 08:30 AM
Good morning chicks or should I say wineos :) Glad to see I am not the only one lol. Had a nice dinner with Joe's parents and the kids. today DS is coming over at 10 then we are off to go car shopping Gulp! Have a great day

Pearlrose
07-11-2013, 09:34 AM
Good morning,

Sounds like everyone is chipper this morning. Last night's swim meet went well and after the rain it cooled down so nice temps

Today is beautiful and I don't want to work but at work I am so I will get to it :)

have a great day everyone

penmage
07-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Afternoon ladies!

Had a big breakfast this morning- thinking I might skip lunch :lol:

I think the weather last night freaked out the chickens (do I sound like I live in the country or what?) and they didn't lay anything in their nests today. Mom thinks they might have laid eggs somewhere in the yard. Well I think they need to get back in the groove- I want breakfast tomorrow! :lol:

Beth- Jealous! I love blueberries.
Jennifer- Good luck!!

jenne1017
07-11-2013, 01:41 PM
Afternoon all!

Hopped back on Ph1 after a July 4th weekend of unabashed eating. Felt like crap but did it anyway. So I am still here :) xoxo

Natasha1534
07-11-2013, 11:38 PM
Just popping in to say hello. Had to get up around 0600 hrs this morning b/c I had Supervision Class. Came home, ate dinner, and took a 3 hour "nap." Somehow I managed to carry on 4 COHERENT text conversations during said nap. *shrugs*

Hope you ladies had a great day!!!