Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 02:13 AM   #1  
Coop class of '82

Default Rollercoaster moods

Ugh. I have felt like I'm on a rollercoaster for so long! One day I feel all motivated and perky and the next day I can barely drag my butt out of bed. I have an appointment with the Dr. in a couple of weeks (why oh why can't they get you in sooner?!) and some days I feel like I don't need to and other days I want to go to the office and BEG for some meds. I was on Zoloft years ago but I don't remember being so "up and down" like this before I got some help. I have decided to ask for Wellbutrin or Prozac (I did research and I don't want any of the others, I can't stand being at work, I work 12 hour shifts!) and I can hardly wait. Here's hoping...
Old 06-14-2003, 10:43 AM   #2  

Angry HI Kimmy

I think that for me that is one of the downsides of the ups and downs ..........never really know how I am going to feel or what I am going to accomplish...I force myself for the sake of my family but the dragging the butt thing is familiar to me too!

What do you do for a living? I do 12 hour shifts too......I am an ER nurse....going back to medicine in July and back to 8 hour shifts and will pick up in the ER.

I find all the shift work and lack of sleep cycle doesn't help the moods either.

Keep in touch and let us know how things are.

Eliz
Old 06-14-2003, 01:33 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Kimmy,

Good luck at the doctors, let us know how you make out. The roller coaster affects are amazing. I know exactly how you feel, it can be not only daily for me but sometimes hourly. I can be up one minute and down the next. I believe there are alot of us like that, so your not alone.

I'm glad you found us here. Hope we will get to know you better.

Hugs, Leenie
Old 06-14-2003, 01:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Height: 5'3"

Thank you SO much for bringing this up! You are describing me to a T! I've been off Celexa for almost a year now, have no desire to go back on and gain more weight (chicken-egg thing)... depression-med-gain weight-more depression... you get the pic.

I'm an optimist by nature.. I still believe I am, but man it's hard some days not to just tell everyone to go take a flying leap (not here on the board but in real time).

Just talking about it helps! And knowing I'm not alone
Closed Thread