Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 07-09-2013, 09:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 221/196.3/130

Height: 5'2

Default I decided against the cookie

I did a no-no today and that was only eat a banana before a long hour on the elliptical. I also didn't drink enough water beforehand, so I got a bit of a headache. After getting off the elliptical, I wandered over to the pantry where a package of those coconut dreams cookies were sitting (they taste like the girl scout samoas), staring at me and whispering "eat me!" I pulled the carton out of the pantry, I slid the plastic tray out, I almost had my fingers on two cookies, which would have been 110 calories.....and said "Nope, these really aren't going to fill me up." and slid the tray back in and put the carton away.

Instead I grabbed a 90 calorie Fiber One Chocolate Pretzel Chewy Bar, and that satisfied my hunger until I could eat something a bit more substantial Although I had the extra calories to use for those cookies, I couldn't justify using them for something that was not going to give me the satisfaction I really needed.

Yay for small victories!
Buffinlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:03 PM   #3  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Height: 5'7"

Great will power!! I'm still struggling daily with those same choices. I wander in front of my pantry daily, lol
TooWicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:19 PM   #4  

Location: Houston, Tx, but Missouri in the summer on the lake.

S/C/G: 150/148/125

Height: 5' 2"

A constant battle for me as well. Yay for you! I love cookies and tried to not make homemade chocolate chip cookies that often. I want to learn to control myself first. So my poor kids suffer without them.

Fiber One bar can be just as yummy.
Mama Whitty is offline   Reply With Quote