Weight Loss Support - Let's share some motivation

View Full Version : Let's share some motivation

JollyGreenSteen19
07-07-2013, 10:04 PM
I'm trying to remotivate myself so I wrote a few things down that I want to be able to enjoy - hope you all will join in.

From a health point of view - I really want to get all my lady hormones back in balance and really want to improve my HDL/LDL cholesterol ratio.

I really want to clothes shop for a permanent wardrobe - I hate it when I find something cute and go straight past the M or L to the 2X or 3X if they have it. I definitely would like to make a good investment in some nice clothing but everything I buy now I feel like "oh well I'm not planning on being this size next year, this is just to get me through". :dizzy:

I want to be in good enough shape to explore and enjoy the 100's of miles of beautiful local bike trails and out bike my husband. I used to be an avid cyclist in my teens who could bike as far as my heart desired - now I can only go as far as my body will hold out :(

Finally I'd freaking love to be able to plop down in a movie theatre seat. We went to a movie the other night and I had to slither in. It sucks. I have a small panic attack anytime I am about to sit in a chair with arm rests. Ditto with airline seats, any amusement park ride, anything exciting that might have a weight limit. I want to be FREE!!!!!!

SuperHeroTeacher
07-08-2013, 01:36 AM
You list a lot of great motivators! I don't want to be thought of as the short fat teacher.

rubidoux
07-08-2013, 02:08 AM
One of my motivators kinda happened today. I have two boys who are 4 and 9 years old and I have often felt like I didn't want them to be embarrassed by me or teased bc of my weight. I'm sure it has happened bc kids just are that way. :( But today for the first time my little one told me that a girl in another class said that I was fat. He said he told her I wasn't and my older one yelled "that's RUDE to say that!" Instead of being heartbroken, which I probably would have been 50 pounds ago, I just thought, eh, they're kids and it doesn't really mean anything. I'm still one of the biggest moms at the school w a BMI of 29, but I am really feeling pretty darned normal, so pffffft... C'est la vie! And I thought it was kinda sweet how defensive my kids were about it.

As far as health stuff, I am just excited that I'm getting closer and closer to a weight that'll make it less likely that my doctors will discriminate against me. I know it sounds like a strange goal, but I kinda think that having a doctor take you seriously and think you're worth helping is probably more protective that good blood pressure or whatever.

A while back I fell off the wagon for a couple of days and felt like I was being controlled by my eating the way a drug addict's life is controlled by their habit. At one point I made a detour to swing by Carl's Jr. even though I knew it was gonna make me late to meet my kid. And that's just how I am when I'm eating carbs. I feel much more sane and in control when I'm not.